Black Creek Flowers & Sweets Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Glynis
    Glynis C. Married on 09/04/2021

Gorgeous florals and a dream to work with!

Erica is a truly talented floral artist. On top of that, she is a dream to work with. My fiance and I came to our first meeting with her having pretty vague ideas about what we wanted and she took that and ran with it and came up with a floral plan that we are so excited about!

We've also, unfortunately, had to postpone our wedding because of the coronavirus and she happily agreed to move with us to our new date and didn't ask anything extra of us.

I cannot recommend Black Creek more highly!
  • Emily
    Emily Married on 08/28/2021

Absolutely perfect!

Erica was so incredibly kind and easy to work with! The florals on my wedding day were so beautiful and exactly what I wanted. Each email exchange with Erica was so pleasant and she never made me feel like I was annoying her with my various questions or changes! She was also incredibly easy to work with when changing my overall vision from Fall to Summer after postponing! Highly recommend her for your wedding or next event! Thank you Erica!
  • Jessica
    Jessica M. Married on 06/11/2021

One Word: Amazing

Erica is way more than a florist to me. She is one of my best friends and she was a bridesmaid in my wedding. She took on the role of bridesmaid and she did the flowers for my wedding. This was no small task, especially since the wedding was in the OBX! The flowers were literally PERFECT! The centerpieces, the garland, the arbor, the bouquets, the cake flowers- everything was gorgeous! Cameron was a HUGE help too in setting everything up at the venue while us ladies were doing our thing getting ready. After working with Erica for years, it was finally my turn to get to hold the bridal bouquet for my own wedding and that moment was so special to me!! Thank you, Erica, (and Cameron)!!
  • Beth
    Beth A. Married on 05/28/2021

Amazingly Talented!

From initial proposal to wedding day, Erica absolutely overdelivered with the most incredible arrangements and floral accents. I knew I wanted pops of color and texture, and Erica not only helped me discover the names of flowers I loved, but put together the absolutely perfect color scheme and vision for how to put it all together. She was very familiar with my venue (Mill at Fine Creek) and helped make suggestions to bring the best out of the space. My jaw dropped when I walked downstairs to the reception site to see her work - I was genuinely blown away, she 100% captured what I was hoping to have for the day! From incorporating bud vases and antique elements inherited from my grandmother to working with some of the more detailed asks (leather cording wraps for boutonnieres, custom charm/handkerchief for my bridal bouquet, etc.), Erica was always game to make it happen. She was also incredibly flexible and responsive when I added extra arrangements to accommodate increased guest counts when COVID restrictions lifted a bit. Her pricing was very reasonable, and her talent is unmatched. Hire her and give her freedom to use her artistry and eye for floral design. You will end with something beautiful if you trust her with your day!
    Taylor Married on 05/15/2021

Great to work with

Erica was amazing, I used the a la carte menu since I didn't need a lot of flowers for my outdoor wedding and she was the absolute best! I was able to get everything I needed at a great price, but the quality was still amazing and the florals came out beautifully!
    Jane Married on 05/01/2021

The best ever

My jaw still drops when I look back at photos of our floral arrangements. Erica is so insanely talented and the best floral artist ever.

Erica over delivered in every possible way and her creations absolutely blew us (and our guests) away! Her design skills are top notch and she made all the perfect suggestions that we would have never thought of ourselves. The whole process could not have gone smoother.

Cannot stress enough how much we loved working with Erica and Black Creek.
  • Katie
    Katie L. Married on 04/16/2021

Beautiful florals and wonderful service

Erica was amazing to work with for our wedding flowers! I was completely clueless and she talked me through everything to help figure out what we need. We were blown away by how beautiful everything was! Would absolutely recommend Black Creek Flowers to anyone and can not wait to work with Erica again next year at our larger reception!
  • Taylor
    Taylor H. Married on 07/25/2020

Beautiful flowers

Flowers were SO beautiful, Erica is amazing! Always there for questions, really passionate about her work, you can tell in the details! You’d be a fool not to use her!
  • Amy
    Amy G. Married on 12/28/2019

Black Creek Flowers

Erica is an absolute dream to work with. I knew a few things I did NOT want my floral arrangements to look like, but did not have a firm grasp on what I did want. She was able to take my scattered ideas and make gorgeous arrangements. She's so talented, and everyone was obsessed with her work.
    Lauren Married on 12/21/2019

Absolutely perfect!

Erica was a dream to work with! From our initial consultation meeting, she was attentive, kind, and so easy to work with. She had me send her my inspiration photos and used them to create a beautifully detailed proposal. She was prompt and professional in all of our emails and texts, and always willing to answer questions. Every piece of floral décor at our wedding was absolutely gorgeous and everything I could have imagined, from the mantel and centerpieces to the bouquets and boutonnieres. I would highly recommend Black Creek Flowers for any wedding or event!
    Kaye D. Married on 11/02/2019

Everything and More!

Erica was so wonderful to work with and the flowers on the day of the wedding were perfect! My daughter gave Erica a few pictures of what she was looking for and everything was exactly as she had envisioned. From the bouquets to the centerpieces, everything was beautiful and we couldn't have asked for anything more!
  • Meg
    Meg L. Married on 10/26/2019

Stunning!!

Erica was amazing! She took the few concept pictures I provided her and created gorgeous flower arrangements that well exceeded my expectations. She was very easy to talk to and helped me select the flowers that would best fulfill my vision. On our wedding day, she was prompt with her delivery and provided beautiful arrangements, which were neatly organized and transformed the ballroom into a masterpiece. I received multiple compliments from our guests on our tall centerpieces placed at the head table, as well as our bridal bouquets. I highly recommend working with Erica and Black Creek Flowers!
  • Sarah
    Sarah K. Married on 10/26/2019

The best decision ever!

From day one, Erica was a breath of fresh air through the craziness of wedding planning. The moment I met her, I had no doubt I wanted to hire her for our wedding florals, not only because of her extremely reasonably pricing, but because she is just the most incredible, laid back, fun, and professional woman I have ever had the pleasure of working with! We used Black Creek for both rehearsal dinner flowers, and wedding flowers. I explained my vision to Erica for both events, and she executed them even BETTER then I had ever imagined. She busted her tail for our wedding weekend while getting over a cold, and everything was FLAWLESS. If you ever have the opportunity to work with Erica, DO IT. I recommend her whole heartedly and could not have imagined hiring anyone else as our florist! We love you Erica!!
  • Kelley
    Kelley B. Married on 08/31/2019

Made my vision come true

Erica is amazing!! From start to finish she made me feel at ease. Her professionalism was superb! I'm not a huge flower person but I knew what I wanted and she took the time to explain to me the types of flowers and show examples, along with making my vision come true. She went above and beyond for me. She made my day truly special and perfect! I'm still talking about my flowers and still in love with them!
  • Annabelle
    Annabelle M. Married on 06/22/2019

Beautiful flowers!

I would recommend Erica to anyone! She is kind, knowledgeable, and was able to create the exact bouquets and floral arrangements that I had in mind. Her pricing is very reasonable and she was so easy to work with. I could not be happier with how the flowers for our event turned out!
  • Haley
    Haley M. Married on 05/04/2019

Erica is incredibly talented

Erica is incredible OH MY GOODNESS. Saying she is talented is a serious understatement. I gave her a budget and color scheme I had in mind for my flowers. Other than that I was pretty clueless on what I wanted and needed for my wedding. Erica gave such helpful recommendations and guided me through the planning process in a way that I could easily understand and wasn’t overwhelmed by. We gave each guest a succulent as their favor and Erica was able to order 230+ succulents for me no problem. She made incredible wine barrel flower displays as our reception was at a winery. My favorite thing she did was flowers going up the tree at our ceremony as we got married under that very tree. I would have paid double what she charged. Our guests commented non stop about the flowers and are still talking about the tree wrap she did! Thank you Erica for making our wedding unforgettable!
  • Katie
    Katie Married on 12/31/2018

The Most Beautiful Flowers

Erica and her team were amazing to work with. I had an idea of what I wanted, but I knew nothing about flowers. I had also heard that wedding flowers could be a budget killer, so I was nervous that I couldn't get everything that I wanted within my budget. Erica quickly alleviated all of my fears!

I was impressed by two things when we met:

1) She asked me my budget, and she assured me that we could work within it. She recommended that we set the number aside while we talked about what I'd ideally want and then do the math to see whether it fit within what I wanted to spend. She promised that she'd help scale and prioritize to ensure that I could get the look I was going for without breaking the bank. I'm happy to report that we totaled up all of my requests and came in right on budget without having to cut anything from the design!

2) As we talked through the look I wanted, she taught me about the different flower options. I explained that I wanted soft and white, with pops of pink and lots of greenery. Erica showed me picture after picture to get a better idea of what kinds of blooms, textures and colors that I'd like to see. She helped me understand what would be in season, and she took the venue, my style and the look that I was going into consideration.

Throughout the year, Erica checked in to see how I was doing, and she made updates to the design as my wedding vision changed. On the day of, I was so happy with the results. I would highly recommend her!!
    Ryan Married on 11/02/2018

The most beautiful and elegant flowers ever!

We cannot thank Erica and her team from Black Creek enough for making the most special day of our lives even that much more beautiful! Erica was such a pleasure to work with during the entire planning process. She was very professional and quickly helped us with the many modifications we sent her way. She did not make us feel overwhelmed at all and worked very closely with our budget and theme in mind. We are still getting compliments on the beautiful arrangements she did for us. We would also like to thank her and her team for going above and beyond in helping to set up for the reception area to make our venue look that much more beautiful. There are not enough words to express our gratitude to Erica and her team and we absolutely recommend them to anybody and everybody!
  • W
    Whitney Married on 10/20/2018

Beautiful Flowers!

Erica and her team were a delight to work with and our flowers were absolutely stunning! We highly recommend!!
  • Olivia
    Olivia L. Married on 10/20/2018

Beautiful Polegreen Church Flowers

Erica did the flowers for my wedding at Polegreen Church and she did an AMAZING job. She's also super sweet and great to work with, my husband and I just loved her vibe so much.
    We had a really specific style in mind for our florals and she totally knocked it out of the park, everyone was commenting how beautiful the flowers at the wedding were!!
    Lexie Married on 10/06/2018

Talented and creative

Erica did an amazing job with flowers for my wedding! After showing her only a few pictures of what I liked she was able to quickly pull together a proposal that matched exactly what I wanted. She is very friendly, easy to work with and her prices are very reasonable. She even let me borrow white washed wooden crates for the centerpiece holders. I would definitely recommend working with Erica!
    Katherine Married on 05/01/2018
    Erica is such a talented florist! I brought her some photos for inspirations and she was able to create something even better than what I had in mind. I also thought her costs were extremely reasonable compared to others in the area. Everything was dropped off and set up on time, and any modifications were able to be made. I highly recommend!
    Caitlin Married on 12/16/2017
    AMAZING service. I am clueless about flowers and she did exactly what I had envisioned for my day!!! Her prices are very reasonable and the flowers were perfect!!! Thank you Erica!!!
    Briana Married on 11/12/2017
    OMG Erica is a hidden GEM!! I cannot recommend her enough she has serious skills and is really affordable. She went above and beyond to bring my floral vision to life. Not only was she super accommodating and patient while i changed my mind throughout the wedding process, she helped me create a vision for my flowers, AND when we had to change to inside because of weather (which i was totally bummed about because we had dreamed up a super dreamy and amazing arbor outside) she totally WOWED me with an amazing mantle design. She literally made my flower dreams come true. I cant wait to share pictures.
    Emily Married on 06/03/2017
    I had the best experience working with Erica at Black Creek Flowers. At our initial consultation meeting I knew she would execute the vision flawlessly, she was so warm and welcoming. Erica was very responsive and knowledgeable and just an overall delight to work with. Day of, I could not have been happier with the bouquets and centerpieces she created. They were absolute perfection, I wouldn't have changed a thing. I received so many compliments from our guests too. Look no further, you have found your girl!