Black Canyon Inn Reviews

Black Canyon Inn 7
  • Megan

Megan Molter · Married on 07/28/2019

Beautiful Venue

The Black Canyon Inn is absolutely stunning! The pavilion is a perfect way to have an outdoor wedding while not worrying about the elements. Jess was very on top of it, sweet, and made me feel very comfortable. I would definitely recommend this venue!

Sent on 08/05/2019

Michelle Brinton · Married on 07/25/2019

Beautiful All inclusive Wedding Venue

We were blown away by the beauty of this venue for our outdoor Colorado wedding. We booked an all inclusive wedding and every detail was taken care of perfectly! We worked with Jessica Armour as our event coordinator and her bubbly personality and friendliness made us feel relaxed and welcome. Many of our friends and family also stayed in the Condos on site and were impressed with the gorgeous views also!

Sent on 08/04/2019
  • jennifer

jennifer · Married on 07/11/2019

Loved this venue

We were very happy with black canyon inn. Loved getting married in the pavilion, it’s a gorgeous view. Teresa was professional and helped us get through the ceremony and rehearsal with no problems. The condos were great and clean. The only drawback is the wedding couples condo is included in the price with a 3 night stay and our guests had to do a minimum 4 night stay and it was pricey for them.

Sent on 07/16/2019
    Black Canyon Inn 8
  • Rose

Rose · Married on 08/08/2018

We, and our guests, loved this venue!

The Black Canyon Inn is a beautiful place for am outdoor wedding. They have a few locations on the grounds for the ceremony as well as a pavilion and some indoor facilities for inclement weather. The staff was wonderful. Big plus, you have lots of stunning scenery to use as the background of wedding photos!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Cristina · Married on 08/04/2018

Amazing Wedding Venue!

We selected Black Canyon Inn for our wedding ceremony location and could not have been happier with our choice. We began our search online as we were coming from Florida but knew we wanted an outdoor mountain setting for our special day. We narrowed our choices down to maybe half a dozen different options before traveling to Estes Park well in advance to see them in person. We knew this would be the best way to ensure the location we chose would be everything we wanted without any undesirable surprises. For instance one venue had a very nice background but there was a ventilation fan on a building close by that would have created a distracting noise during the ceremony. That ruled that location out for us. We never would have known this had we not visited in person. It just so happened that the Black Canyon Inn ended up being the last place we went to see. Well, it should have been the first. We could have stopped looking after that and simply went on a hike or shopped in town the rest of the day. One challenge of our first actual visit to Estes Park to see the venues was that we were there in winter with a beautiful thick fluffy blanket of fresh snow everywhere. While this was gorgeous and fairytale picturesque our wedding was going to be taking place in early August where only the mountain peaks would still have any snow on them. So, we had to use our imagination a little to get the full picture. That said, as soon as we were taken to the open air covered ceremony site, we laughed at how easy a choice it was. We also chose the onsite Twin Owls Steakhouse for our reception dinner and the upstairs room was the perfect intimate space for our wedding party. Not to mention how delicious the food options were there. We also booked a number of different cabins at the Black Canyon Inn for our guests. Everyone loved it. Lastly, after our ceremony the Black Canyon Inn has some amazing backdrops for photos we took as Bride & Groom and with our wedding party and family. We will forever be grateful for choosing Black Canyon Inn for our wedding.

Sent on 04/24/2019
    Black Canyon Inn 18
  • Robyn

Robyn Barringer · Married on 03/30/2018

Heaven on Earth in Colorado

Holy views! My husband and I decided to book the Black Canyon Inn without seeing it in person, because we didn't think we would have the opportunity to do so (we live in California and were planning a destination wedding at the same time as purchasing our first home). We were both a little nervous, but we felt assured that the pictures we were seeing online were relatively accurate given the reviews we were reading. In an unexpected turn of events, my mom and I got to make a trip to Colorado a couple of months before our wedding. We found our way to the pavilion, and I instantly fell in love. I could not believe the majestic view I was looking at. It was even better than what I had hoped for. When I turned around, my mom, who is not a crier, was in tears. She called my dad, and I heard her say to him, "You are going to be so thrilled at where our daughter gets to get married. You will not believe this place." We were originally hoping for a white wedding; being from a coastal area of California, we were envisioning a winter wedding, unlike all of the winery, barn weddings most of our guests frequently attend. The day before our wedding, it snowed. It was beautiful and ethereal, and my mom and I actually got to watch a couple do their first look in the middle of it. We knew, though, that the snow likely would not last as the temperatures had not been allowing for snow to stay on the ground. At first, we were bummed that it might not be there. But then we also noticed that the mountains were no longer visible. The view we had become enamored with were not there for this couple. So, even though we didn't get the snow we had been hoping for, we ended up being very relieved, because it would have eliminated the very reason we selected Black Canyon as our ceremony location. On top of the unbelievable beauty, though, the staff was wonderful to work with. They were all extremely kind and accommodating- very easy to communicate with and quick to jump in to support our requests. While we didn't have any rain or snow to contend with, we did get hit by some really nasty wind (wind that actually pulled my veil out as soon as I stepped outside to walk down the aisle with my dad). A couple of weeks before, guests of another wedding had taken a large number of the blankets that the venue supplied and blankets that we were counting on for our guests. Days before the wedding, the replacement blankets had not arrived, which had become quite a concern for us with the forecast we were seeing. The staff was able to find blankets for us so that all of our guests were comfortable during the ceremony, despite the 50 degree, 40+ mile an hour winds. Months later, we still have not heard a single complaint about the weather and only praise and awe for the venue. For us, we couldn't have been any happier with any other venue or venue staff. I told my mom when we first saw the Black Canyon that had we seen it while we were venue shopping instead of after we had already booked it, I still would have picked it. I still stand by that statement. It was beyond my wildest wedding dreams!

Sent on 10/27/2018
    Black Canyon Inn 19

Chisa · Married on 03/26/2018

We had the most beautiful wedding reception and our condo was perfect.

Sent on 04/09/2018

Leah · Married on 12/09/2017

We just had our wedding at Black Canyon Inn on 12-9-17! The girls there are awesome! They are so responsive and they made sure everything ran smoothly for the big day! It was a perfect day! I can’t wait to get our pictures back because the view is gorgeous!

Sent on 12/23/2017

Erin · Married on 09/17/2017

Beautiful views! We got married under the Pavilion, and it was the perfect day! There are lots of options for taking pictures, and even two other options for getting married (pond or garden). The Pavilion was our #1 choice. We didn't have to worry if it rained... It was covered yet still outdoors which is what we wanted for our special day!

Sent on 12/23/2017

Jessica · Married on 09/03/2017

My husband got married at the Black Canyon Inn on 9/3/17 and we couldn't be happier! What an incredible wedding venue! The covered pavilion offered beautiful views for the wedding ceremony and we hosted the reception at the Twin Owls Steakhouse that is located onsite. Not only was the property beautiful and well taken care of, a large number of our wedding guests were able stay onsite for the weekend. Everyone that stayed at the Black Canyon Inn had nothing but good things to say about the condos, amenities, and customer service. My husband and I were also very happy with Jill and Rachel who are the two wedding coordinators for the Black Canyon Inn. They were both professional, courteous, flexible, and were happy to help throughout the entire process of planning our wedding. They were both there to alleviate wedding stress and worries and were also responsive when a question or clarification was needed. In addition, Rachel helped us with both our rehearsal the day before the wedding, and she was there on the actual wedding day. She was easy to work with and made sure that everything was in order before we walked down the aisle. I can't wait to go back and stay at the Black Canyon Inn for our anniversary!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Emily · Married on 08/05/2017

Beautiful view. Very helpful staff.

Sent on 08/08/2017

Stacey · Married on 04/08/2017

We had an absolutely fantastic experience having our ceremony and hotel room here. Staff was consistently professional, knowledgeable, kind, and they even had a spare steamer on hand to save the day when ours quit working! Definitely a quality, well-managed venue.

Sent on 04/24/2017

Denise · Married on 03/11/2017

My daughter was recently married in Estes Park, and we chose Black Canyon for the amazing setting they had at their facility. The mountains as a backdrop was just breath taking and the attention to detail by their staff made our day run so smoothly. They made my daughter's dream wedding come true.

Sent on 03/22/2017

Meagan · Married on 05/21/2016

My wedding was beautiful thanks to this amazing venue! The scenery is amazing and the staff is so helpful. The only thing that concerned me was the switching of staff without notice. I emailed to make my final payments and it just seemed unorganized. It all worked out wonderfully though!!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Connie · event on 01/24/2016

We can't say enough about the staff and service, as it was excellent. The food was out of this world and they even treated us to champagne for our anniversary. We stayed in the Columbine Cabin, it was so romantic with the fireplace in the bedroom, we didn't want to leave. We recommend this to everyone and we also plan to come back every year on our anniversary.

Thank you for the excellent and friendly service.

Gary & Connie Ellefson

Sent on 02/21/2016

Kristy · Married on 10/24/2015

Black Canyon Inn is a gorgeous property and an absolutely perfect backdrop for a wedding. We got married this fall, and it was the most stunning ceremony. We held our reception at the Twin Owls Steakhouse, which is right on the property. A perfect wedding.

Sent on 11/29/2015

Black Canyon Inn's reply:

Kristy and Dan! Wow what a day......you both looked great and had a precious wedding! We look forward to seeing you on your anniversary! Thanks for sharing your day with us! Sara & Kali, and the Black Canyon Inn team

Anne · Married on 09/12/2015

We knew the moment we pulled up that this was the place. No need to look anywhere else if you are wanting the full deal! Gorgeous views, easy access for elderly guests, and plenty of space for your guests to hang out and have fun while you're off taking pictures and Sara was a rock star to work with!

Sent on 09/12/2016

Martin · Married on 09/05/2015

This is an amazing venue for an outdoor wedding in the Mountains. The views are superb from the Pavilion and it feels completely private. We hosted cocktails and appetizers on the lawn area which really added to the experience. Enjoyed having a condo on site to stay at for the weekend. There are numerous great places for photo's. Sarah was truly exceptional to work with! Our whole experience was so positive, we couldn't have asked for more.

Sent on 09/27/2015

Black Canyon Inn's reply:

Dear Marty and Belle! What a day! thank you for giving me the honor to work with you on the planning, and then on your very special day! It was perfect. Congratulations again and may your life together be richly blessed! thanks!
    Sara K.

Carrie · Married on 08/08/2015

I can't say enough about Sara Kleiber and her team! They were outstanding in ensuring our wedding day was the best day of our lives. Sara is so personable and really cares about you. When working with her you feel like you are dealing with an old friend. She was always there to answer questions promptly and make adjustment as we needed. The condo she put us in overlooked the pond with the bridge and that is where we did our first look. It couldn't have been better! We have already told many friends and family about how beautiful this place is. It is by far the best scenic background for a wedding!! We are still having friends and family tell us how beautiful our wedding was and how they could not believe the view and the grounds at Black Canyon Inn!
    Thanks for making our wedding day a day we will never forget Sara and team!

Sent on 08/31/2015

Black Canyon Inn's reply:

Dear ones...it was our lucky day when you walked thru the door......we were honored to be part of your very special day! So now come back and see your old friend often! Happy Life together! sara k.

Chris · Married on 07/24/2015

We absolutely LOVED having our destination wedding at the Black Canyon Inn. I found this placed accidentally via a web search and we couldn't have been more pleased. We purchased the small wedding package and it was perfect. Our condo that was included with the package was amazing. And you could not have asked for a more picturesque setting for a wedding. Sara made planning easy and was very responsive with any questions we had. Super easy to work with. I cannot wait to come back to visit someday!

Sent on 08/26/2015

Black Canyon Inn's reply:

AHHHHH, I was the lucky one to have helped you on your very special day...thanks for starting your married life together at the Black Canyon Inn!

Chris and Rachael · Married on 07/18/2015

Sara was awesome! We have have remarked a number of times now that the ceremony went surprising perfect and we owe it all to her preparedness and experience. The coordination of the processions, the officiant and the rooms made us feel so comfortable and relaxed. She even thought to use an orchid display given to bride from groom after seeing it in the bridal suite. Those touches show her ability to think on the fly and make the best day possible for all involved.

Sent on 11/15/2015

Black Canyon Inn's reply:

oh my....am I blushing....I love doing weddings and yours was a very special day for me, and that orchid was gorgeous! thank you, come back soon! Sara K.
  • crystal

crystal · Married on 07/10/2015

I can’t say enough good things about the ceremony site (mind blowing-ly beautiful) and the staff at Black Canyon Inn. They helped make my wedding day perfect. Sara was very responsive to my questions during the planning stages and Callie was a huge help during our rehearsal. Our bridal suite that came with the package was very nice and was large enough for the bridal party (6-7 girls) to all get ready in. We did our first look at the pond, ceremony in the Pavilion, cocktail hour on the lawn, and had our reception at Twin Owls Steakhouse.

Sent on 07/22/2015

Black Canyon Inn's reply:

ahhhhhh....you were pretty special to us as well....thank you for sharing your very special day with us! Sara and Kali!

Kyla · Married on 07/04/2015

We were married on July 4, 2015 and I cannot express how phenomenal the staff at Black Canyon Inn was. When planning a destination wedding, it can be stressful but Sara at Black Canyon Inn made it effortless! She was there throughout the planning and during the wedding day. Sara and the rest of the staff made sure our accommodations and our wedding day was first class! The venue is beyond beautiful and Sara was there throughout the entire day making sure I stayed hydrated and comfortable. I cannot express how wonderful they were and the memories that I will cherish.

Sent on 07/15/2015

Black Canyon Inn's reply:

Kyla...what a great day! thank you so much for sharing it with us.......

sara & kali at Black Canyon Inn

This site is BEAUTIFUL! They have 3 different ceremony areas and are so accommodating up to the day before if you want to switch sites. In my opinion, for the price you pay here, this is the best deal in Estes Park. 3 nights lodging is included in the price. Everything was so seamless. They will take care of as much or as little as you want them to. We had our ceremony under the pavilion in June 2015. If you get married in the summer, in the afternoon, I'd recommend the pavilion. Afternoon thunderstorms roll through frequently. One started right when our ceremony started but was over by the time we were done with our vows. Not only that, the backdrop can't be beat. Our wedding was small (28 people) and we had our reception dinner in the loft at Twin Owls Steakhouse. The food was AMAZING, and everyone really loved it. We looked at several venues in Estes Park, and while the entire area is beautiful, having our wedding at Black Canyon Inn was the best value, and with access to the entire site for photos it was a no-brainer.

Sent on 05/28/2016