Black Canyon Inn Reviews

1 User photo

Black Canyon Inn 1
  • Rose

Rose · Married on 08/08/2018

We, and our guests, loved this venue!

The Black Canyon Inn is a beautiful place for am outdoor wedding. They have a few locations on the grounds for the ceremony as well as a pavilion and some indoor facilities for inclement weather. The staff was wonderful. Big plus, you have lots of stunning scenery to use as the background of wedding photos!

• Robyn

Robyn Barringer · Married on 03/30/2018

Heaven on Earth in Colorado

Holy views! My husband and I decided to book the Black Canyon Inn without seeing it in person, because we didn't think we would have the opportunity to do so (we live in California and were planning a destination wedding at the same time as purchasing our first home). We were both a little nervous, but we felt assured that the pictures we were seeing online were relatively accurate given the reviews we were reading. In an unexpected turn of events, my mom and I got to make a trip to Colorado a couple of months before our wedding. We found our way to the pavilion, and I instantly fell in love. I could not believe the majestic view I was looking at. It was even better than what I had hoped for. When I turned around, my mom, who is not a crier, was in tears. She called my dad, and I heard her say to him, "You are going to be so thrilled at where our daughter gets to get married. You will not believe this place." We were originally hoping for a white wedding; being from a coastal area of California, we were envisioning a winter wedding, unlike all of the winery, barn weddings most of our guests frequently attend. The day before our wedding, it snowed. It was beautiful and ethereal, and my mom and I actually got to watch a couple do their first look in the middle of it. We knew, though, that the snow likely would not last as the temperatures had not been allowing for snow to stay on the ground. At first, we were bummed that it might not be there. But then we also noticed that the mountains were no longer visible. The view we had become enamored with were not there for this couple. So, even though we didn't get the snow we had been hoping for, we ended up being very relieved, because it would have eliminated the very reason we selected Black Canyon as our ceremony location. On top of the unbelievable beauty, though, the staff was wonderful to work with. They were all extremely kind and accommodating- very easy to communicate with and quick to jump in to support our requests. While we didn't have any rain or snow to contend with, we did get hit by some really nasty wind (wind that actually pulled my veil out as soon as I stepped outside to walk down the aisle with my dad). A couple of weeks before, guests of another wedding had taken a large number of the blankets that the venue supplied and blankets that we were counting on for our guests. Days before the wedding, the replacement blankets had not arrived, which had become quite a concern for us with the forecast we were seeing. The staff was able to find blankets for us so that all of our guests were comfortable during the ceremony, despite the 50 degree, 40+ mile an hour winds. Months later, we still have not heard a single complaint about the weather and only praise and awe for the venue. For us, we couldn't have been any happier with any other venue or venue staff. I told my mom when we first saw the Black Canyon that had we seen it while we were venue shopping instead of after we had already booked it, I still would have picked it. I still stand by that statement. It was beyond my wildest wedding dreams!

Black Canyon Inn 2

Chisa · Married on 03/26/2018

We had the most beautiful wedding reception and our condo was perfect.

Leah · Married on 12/09/2017

We just had our wedding at Black Canyon Inn on 12-9-17! The girls there are awesome! They are so responsive and they made sure everything ran smoothly for the big day! It was a perfect day! I can’t wait to get our pictures back because the view is gorgeous!

Erin · Married on 09/17/2017

Beautiful views! We got married under the Pavilion, and it was the perfect day! There are lots of options for taking pictures, and even two other options for getting married (pond or garden). The Pavilion was our #1 choice. We didn't have to worry if it rained... It was covered yet still outdoors which is what we wanted for our special day!

Jessica · Married on 09/03/2017

My husband got married at the Black Canyon Inn on 9/3/17 and we couldn't be happier! What an incredible wedding venue! The covered pavilion offered beautiful views for the wedding ceremony and we hosted the reception at the Twin Owls Steakhouse that is located onsite. Not only was the property beautiful and well taken care of, a large number of our wedding guests were able stay onsite for the weekend. Everyone that stayed at the Black Canyon Inn had nothing but good things to say about the condos, amenities, and customer service. My husband and I were also very happy with Jill and Rachel who are the two wedding coordinators for the Black Canyon Inn. They were both professional, courteous, flexible, and were happy to help throughout the entire process of planning our wedding. They were both there to alleviate wedding stress and worries and were also responsive when a question or clarification was needed. In addition, Rachel helped us with both our rehearsal the day before the wedding, and she was there on the actual wedding day. She was easy to work with and made sure that everything was in order before we walked down the aisle. I can't wait to go back and stay at the Black Canyon Inn for our anniversary!

Emily · Married on 08/05/2017

Beautiful view. Very helpful staff.

Stacey · Married on 04/08/2017

We had an absolutely fantastic experience having our ceremony and hotel room here. Staff was consistently professional, knowledgeable, kind, and they even had a spare steamer on hand to save the day when ours quit working! Definitely a quality, well-managed venue.

Denise · Married on 03/11/2017

My daughter was recently married in Estes Park, and we chose Black Canyon for the amazing setting they had at their facility. The mountains as a backdrop was just breath taking and the attention to detail by their staff made our day run so smoothly. They made my daughter's dream wedding come true.

Meagan · Married on 05/21/2016

My wedding was beautiful thanks to this amazing venue! The scenery is amazing and the staff is so helpful. The only thing that concerned me was the switching of staff without notice. I emailed to make my final payments and it just seemed unorganized. It all worked out wonderfully though!!

Kristy · Married on 10/24/2015

Black Canyon Inn is a gorgeous property and an absolutely perfect backdrop for a wedding. We got married this fall, and it was the most stunning ceremony. We held our reception at the Twin Owls Steakhouse, which is right on the property. A perfect wedding.

Sent on 11/29/2015

Black Canyon Inn's reply:

Kristy and Dan! Wow what a day......you both looked great and had a precious wedding! We look forward to seeing you on your anniversary! Thanks for sharing your day with us! Sara & Kali, and the Black Canyon Inn team

Anne · Married on 09/12/2015

We knew the moment we pulled up that this was the place. No need to look anywhere else if you are wanting the full deal! Gorgeous views, easy access for elderly guests, and plenty of space for your guests to hang out and have fun while you're off taking pictures and Sara was a rock star to work with!

Martin · Married on 09/05/2015

This is an amazing venue for an outdoor wedding in the Mountains. The views are superb from the Pavilion and it feels completely private. We hosted cocktails and appetizers on the lawn area which really added to the experience. Enjoyed having a condo on site to stay at for the weekend. There are numerous great places for photo's. Sarah was truly exceptional to work with! Our whole experience was so positive, we couldn't have asked for more.

Sent on 09/27/2015

Black Canyon Inn's reply:

Dear Marty and Belle! What a day! thank you for giving me the honor to work with you on the planning, and then on your very special day! It was perfect. Congratulations again and may your life together be richly blessed! thanks!
    Sara K.

Carrie · Married on 08/08/2015

I can't say enough about Sara Kleiber and her team! They were outstanding in ensuring our wedding day was the best day of our lives. Sara is so personable and really cares about you. When working with her you feel like you are dealing with an old friend. She was always there to answer questions promptly and make adjustment as we needed. The condo she put us in overlooked the pond with the bridge and that is where we did our first look. It couldn't have been better! We have already told many friends and family about how beautiful this place is. It is by far the best scenic background for a wedding!! We are still having friends and family tell us how beautiful our wedding was and how they could not believe the view and the grounds at Black Canyon Inn!
    Thanks for making our wedding day a day we will never forget Sara and team!

Sent on 08/31/2015

Black Canyon Inn's reply:

Dear ones...it was our lucky day when you walked thru the door......we were honored to be part of your very special day! So now come back and see your old friend often! Happy Life together! sara k.

Chris · Married on 07/24/2015

We absolutely LOVED having our destination wedding at the Black Canyon Inn. I found this placed accidentally via a web search and we couldn't have been more pleased. We purchased the small wedding package and it was perfect. Our condo that was included with the package was amazing. And you could not have asked for a more picturesque setting for a wedding. Sara made planning easy and was very responsive with any questions we had. Super easy to work with. I cannot wait to come back to visit someday!

Sent on 08/26/2015

Black Canyon Inn's reply:

AHHHHH, I was the lucky one to have helped you on your very special day...thanks for starting your married life together at the Black Canyon Inn!

Chris and Rachael · Married on 07/18/2015

Sara was awesome! We have have remarked a number of times now that the ceremony went surprising perfect and we owe it all to her preparedness and experience. The coordination of the processions, the officiant and the rooms made us feel so comfortable and relaxed. She even thought to use an orchid display given to bride from groom after seeing it in the bridal suite. Those touches show her ability to think on the fly and make the best day possible for all involved.

Sent on 11/15/2015

Black Canyon Inn's reply:

oh my....am I blushing....I love doing weddings and yours was a very special day for me, and that orchid was gorgeous! thank you, come back soon! Sara K.
  • crystal

crystal · Married on 07/10/2015

I can’t say enough good things about the ceremony site (mind blowing-ly beautiful) and the staff at Black Canyon Inn. They helped make my wedding day perfect. Sara was very responsive to my questions during the planning stages and Callie was a huge help during our rehearsal. Our bridal suite that came with the package was very nice and was large enough for the bridal party (6-7 girls) to all get ready in. We did our first look at the pond, ceremony in the Pavilion, cocktail hour on the lawn, and had our reception at Twin Owls Steakhouse.

Sent on 07/22/2015

Black Canyon Inn's reply:

ahhhhhh....you were pretty special to us as well....thank you for sharing your very special day with us! Sara and Kali!

Kyla · Married on 07/04/2015

We were married on July 4, 2015 and I cannot express how phenomenal the staff at Black Canyon Inn was. When planning a destination wedding, it can be stressful but Sara at Black Canyon Inn made it effortless! She was there throughout the planning and during the wedding day. Sara and the rest of the staff made sure our accommodations and our wedding day was first class! The venue is beyond beautiful and Sara was there throughout the entire day making sure I stayed hydrated and comfortable. I cannot express how wonderful they were and the memories that I will cherish.

Sent on 07/15/2015

Black Canyon Inn's reply:

Kyla...what a great day! thank you so much for sharing it with us.......

sara & kali at Black Canyon Inn

This site is BEAUTIFUL! They have 3 different ceremony areas and are so accommodating up to the day before if you want to switch sites. In my opinion, for the price you pay here, this is the best deal in Estes Park. 3 nights lodging is included in the price. Everything was so seamless. They will take care of as much or as little as you want them to. We had our ceremony under the pavilion in June 2015. If you get married in the summer, in the afternoon, I'd recommend the pavilion. Afternoon thunderstorms roll through frequently. One started right when our ceremony started but was over by the time we were done with our vows. Not only that, the backdrop can't be beat. Our wedding was small (28 people) and we had our reception dinner in the loft at Twin Owls Steakhouse. The food was AMAZING, and everyone really loved it. We looked at several venues in Estes Park, and while the entire area is beautiful, having our wedding at Black Canyon Inn was the best value, and with access to the entire site for photos it was a no-brainer.

Nancy · Married on 05/17/2015

We found Black Canyon Inn by searching outdoor wedding venues and scrolling through photos on the internet. The minute I showed my groom the photos of the outdoor pavilion and the mountain ridge, we knew we had to see the place in person. We scheduled an appointment with Sara and it was even better than the pictures! Sara was absolutely wonderful to work with from beginning to end and was very helpful through the process. The cost of the facility is very reasonable for the surroundings. Sara was there with tissues (for me) and blankets (for our guests) at our small wedding on May 17, 2015 where it was a little cooler than normal. We even had a young bull elk wandering around the property during our photos. A fun little secret...the Stanley Hotel is a quick 10 minute walk over a small ridge, where we enjoyed aged whiskey at the Whiskey Bar after our reception at Twin Owls Steakhouse.

Sent on 06/01/2015

Black Canyon Inn's reply:

Ahhhh dear ones....Nancy and Mark, what a special day for me when you walked in the door of Black Canyon Inn.....it was a blessing to work with you prior and especially on your very special day....all the best and keep in touch! sara

Katie · Married on 05/10/2015

As Texans, we wanted a destination wedding like no other and our wishes can true. This venue is breathtakingly beautiful and you just cannot compare the staff with anyother. They were phenomenal!! We loved our outdoor ceremony looking out at the snowy mountains in early May. Sarah Kleiber was the most energetic wedding planner and very detailed. It was all about our wants as a couple and she made us feel so special. Bill Huth wanted to get to know us personally and helped us build an extremely romantic ceremony which made us all cry. His daughter Kim Zigler, was the photographer and she helped us search around the property for some BEAUTIFUL shots. She was friendly, personable and wanted us to be comfortable when taking all of our pictures. I created a list of shot I wanted her to capture and she made every single one happen. If you are dreaming of a Ricky Mountain wedding that you will want to repeat over and over again, I definitely recommend The Black Canyon Inn!

Brian · Married on 03/29/2015

Sara is very thoughtful, smart, and cares about the people she helps. I felt like I had a friend on my side, and the site is very beautiful. Very, very glad we found out about the Black Canyon Inn. Thank you!

Sent on 04/12/2015

Black Canyon Inn's reply:

Dear Brian and Rebecca, what a special day it was for you! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be part of your wedding day! -Sara K.

erica · Married on 03/07/2015

Beautiful setting! Sara is fabulous! Everything we dreamed of for our wedding.

Sent on 04/17/2015

Black Canyon Inn's reply:

Erica and Dana......what a joy and honor to serve you on your very special day! I captured one photo of the two of you! thank you for choosing and allowing Black Canyon Inn to be part of your life memories!
    Blessings to you in your first year of marriage! Sara

Kelly · Married on 10/25/2014

We had our wedding ceremony our on the Pavillion overlooking the meadow. The 2-3 days prior to the wedding there was herds of elk romping through the meadow and even up until 1 hour before the ceremony there was an elk that was sitting right next to the pavilion. It made for some pretty epic photos and our guests had a blast seeing all the wildlife. The Twin Owls Steakhouse was the perfect backdrop for our reception, rustic chic is how I best describe it. The cocktail hour was held in the bar area, however I did hear that it got crowded in there quickly so guests started heading to their seats earlier than expected but they were entertained with drinks and apps so everyone was happy. We got some pretty amazing photos from the loft area and the DJ did a great job keeping the guests seated in the loft involved in every aspect of the wedding. It was a perfect day!

Sent on 11/10/2014

Black Canyon Inn's reply:

Hi Kelly, it was a very special day, and it was our pleasure to serve you! Wish we could say that you made the elk arrangements, but.....thanks again for having your wedding at the Black Canyon Inn, and the reception at our restaurant the Twin Owls Steakhouse!
    Sara Kleiber

Lindsay · Married on 10/17/2014

We had a fantastic experience with the Black Canyon Inn. We were looking for a rustic mountain setting with great scenery and a variety of activities such as shopping, dining and recreation. Estes Park is a perfect town to keep everyone entertained, but also feels like a vacation spot. It was very important to us to find a location in Estes Park that would give us the type of mountain environment that we pictured for our wedding, but could also comfortably accommodate guests, as a large number of our family and friends were coming from out of town. The Black Canyon Inn and Twin Owls Steakhouse was exactly what we had in mind. The lodging options allowed all of our guests to choose condos that could accommodate large families and also maintain the feeling of staying in a clean and comfortable home. Every condo has great views of the Rocky Mountains, and the location is close to town and just a short drive Rocky Mountain National Park. We loved having everyone close by and didn't have to worry about transportation to and from the wedding and reception. We even had some elk bugling in the meadow behind us during our rehearsal!
    The events staff members at the Black Canyon Inn were attentive and professional. They were able to offer suggestions to guide us and keep our wedding day on track and uncomplicated. They were also respectful of the things that were important to us. When it was all over, we felt that the staff had made every effort to make our day personal and special and that our business was appreciated.

Sent on 02/22/2015

Black Canyon Inn's reply:

Lindsay...what a special day, and the elk at the rehearsal.....well, i will not take any credit for that~ I loved helping you through the day...it was an honor for me to be a small part of the day! Blessings in your new life together, and please come on up when you can! -Sara K.