Black Butte Ranch Reviews

35 | Sisters, OR

35 Reviews for Black Butte Ranch

Chelsea · Married on 08/18/2018

We had an amazing experience working with the staff at Black Butte Ranch to plan our wedding, and we couldn’t have been happier with how everything came together. We appreciated getting to meet with the wedding coordinator several times leading up to the event and having her check in with us frequently to make sure we were on schedule. Black Butte’s vendor recommendations were all very helpful. They clearly have wedding planning down to a “T”. The food was delicious, the day-of service was great, and everything was executed according to plan. My bridesmaids and I enjoyed getting ready in the bridal suite inside the Lodge, and our wedding guests had a great time exploring the Ranch and taking advantage of the different activities and amenities. The best thing about getting married at Black Butte is probably the view from the ceremony site. The backdrop of the aspen trees, lake, and mountains is absolutely gorgeous. I have been visiting Black Butte Ranch my entire life, and I can’t imagine having had my wedding anywhere else.

Chelsea,
    It makes me so thrilled to hear your kind words about your unforgettable wedding. I loved getting to know you, Jesse and your families! Your wedding day was picture perfect, and you were the most beautiful bride! I hope to see you all again soon!
    All the best, Emily

Samantha · Married on 07/28/2018

Everything was....AMAZING!!!! We had our dream wedding! Emily was the MOST INCREDIBLE wedding planner! I wish we could have the wedding again next week!

Black Butte Ranch's reply:

Thanks Samantha! You were the MOST INCREDIBLE bride! I hope that you, Chase and your families can make a trip back again soon. Your friend, Emily

Brooke · Married on 07/26/2018

We absolutely loved having our wedding at Black Butte Ranch. Our wedding guests were blown away with the scenery, food and service provided by the ranch. We still have guests telling us it was the best wedding they've ever attended. The staff is exemplary and make the wedding planning process so easy. We can't imagine getting married anywhere else.

Black Butte Ranch's reply:

WOW! Thank you Brooke, that is outstanding compliment! I hope that you and Eli had an amazing honeymoon are enjoying your married lives together. Hope you can come back and say hi soon, I would love to see you both again! Warm regards, Emily

justine · Married on 10/21/2017

They were very professional and flexible. It ended up raining on our wedding day, and as part of the contract they'd included an option to take over the inside of the lodge. It was a bit stressful, because out guests ate in 3 different rooms! But ultimately everybody had a wonderful time. Being inside the lodge was cozy, fun, and everything worked out perfectly. Esther was responsive, patient, and flexible. If you're doing a fall or winter wedding, make sure you have the lodge take-over in your contract. If we didn't have that option I don't think our wedding would have been so great. Also, the fall foliage there was amazing. Definitely recommend.

Brent · Married on 05/28/2017

Black Butte Ranch is a great venue. We had an amazing experience here and the staff was extremely helpful!

Erin · Married on 08/20/2016

I am so happy we chose Black Butte Ranch as our wedding destination. Jennifer is a wonderful person to work with and helped with planning every step of the way. She is not only responsive, she is a great resource for any wedding question. She and Esther were incredible from the day we decided to go with Black Butte to the day of our wedding. Jennifer understood the importance of our requests and made sure our wedding went smoothly. This is not only a gorgeous part of Central Oregon, the people here are very helpful. We even had a golf tournament and the team at Glaze Meadow helped us organize the event. Our guests had an amazing weekend celebrating and enjoying this unique place.

Caitlin · Married on 08/13/2016

We honestly don't have enough good words to say about everyone at Black Butte Ranch, especially Jennifer and Esther. They were so easy and pleasant to work with along the way. They were super flexible and always prompt with e-mails and so helpful every step of the process. It was so nice to have everything taken care of by Esther, Jennifer, and the rest of the staff and made our day as stress free as possible. The food was great and the day of the wedding Esther and Jennifer made sure everything was smooth and on time!

Kelsey · Married on 07/23/2016

Black Butte's staff was exceptional! They partnered with us on every detail and helped make sure everything went off smoothly! Can't say enough good things about the team and the venue!

Morgan · Married on 06/04/2016

Having our wedding at Black Butte Ranch was one of the best decisions we made. Esther and Jennifer are amazing and make planning your wedding so easy. It is so nice that tables, linen, and caterer come with the venue so that you have less people to try an coordinate. The setting for the wedding is absolutely breath taking and all of our guests were impressed. We loved having our wedding with Black Butte Ranch.

Caitlin · Married on 04/02/2016

Jennifer and Esther were incredible. I'm terrible at planning and it's like they knew what I wanted without me being able to explain it. I couldn't have imagined a more perfect meal, cake, cupcakes and environment that what was provided for me by the ranch.

Jillian · Married on 08/22/2015

I could not give more praise to Black Butte Ranch and their team of dedicated staff -- kind and friendly, professional, incredibly helpful, and on top of everything! Our wedding day was flawless thanks to Jennifer and Esther, as well as the wonderful catering team. Most highly recommended!

S · Married on 07/31/2015

Our wedding at Black Butte Ranch was everything we hoped for and more. From the first time meeting with Esther, we knew Black Butte was the place for us. Esther Moore and Jennifer Engele made our event at Black Butte exceptional - both were professional, extremely responsive, and helpful each step of the way. Highly recommend Black Butte Ranch for any event.

It was an absolutely awesome weekend. The entire BBR Staff went over-the-top on their level of service and assistance to all of us involved in the wedding. Jen was irreplaceable!! and combined with Esther, they were such a warm and wonderful team helping all of us!! and the banquet captain Victor was simply wonderful. The rest of the staff including the bartenders, waiters, and night manager, were just superb! After 20 years of family reunions at BBR, I knew that the Ranch had always been a top-notch resort but I still was a bit overwhelmed by the quality of service and food we received this weekend. Thank you all for a memorable and enjoyable wedding weekend!!!

Laurie · Married on 06/20/2015

Many thanks to Black Butte Ranch for all they did to make our dream wedding come to life!! It was the perfect summer evening: the ranch and lodge have never looked more beautiful and we had so much fun celebrating with our family and friends!

Blaire · Married on 05/24/2015

I was having a hard time finding a wedding venue that had all of the amenities I wanted in Oregon until I came across Black Butte Ranch. They offer ceremony and reception sites, bride and groom lounges, rehearsal dinner catering or restaurants, lodging, food, cake, beverages, spa, beauty, event equipment (tables, linens, etc) set-up, tear-down, and sound system. The only outside vendor I had to hire was our photographer, which made the planning very easy! Not only did they take care of EVERYTHING, the scenery is absolutely gorgeous! Our ceremony was set in a grove of Aspen trees along the banks of a river. In the background stood the Three Sisters Mountains capped with white snow. It looked like something out of a fairy tale.

The staff also went above and beyond for our wedding. They were right there the entire time to handle anything that came up and made my day stress free as a bride. They also took care of everything during the planning stages and accommodated any special requests we had. They were always available by either phone or e-mail, or would return my message within an hour. I had no problems with the planning stages working with the event staff!

Black Butte Ranch catering is also beyond perfection. Every dish was gourmet and all of our wedding guests were amazed at how delicious everything was.

Michelle · Married on 08/08/2014

The staff I worked with at Black Butte for my wedding last summer were extremely talented and helpful. They mentored me with everything from vendor decisions(for flowers, music, etc) to event set-up(table decorations & seating) to lodging accommodations(they provided a specific coordinator for this). They do an excellent job of helping (the bride especially) to navigate through all of the options and decisions... and there are a lot of them, trust me! I had 2 main contacts that I worked with (Jennifer and Esther) and between them they had a wealth of knowledge and experience around both event planning in general and weddings in particular. But with that all said, I think their enthusiasm and calm under pressure (when I was feeling it that is!) is what I appreciated the most. Black Butte was my dream location to get married and they made it a reality for me :).

John · Married on 08/01/2014

We could not have been more pleased with the venue, support, accommodations, cuisine, attention to detail, and helpfulness throughout the days leading up to the ceremony and the day of. Both Karen and I want to express out heartfelt thanks and appreciation to Jennifer and the entire staff at Black Butte.

Stephanie · event on: 07/27/2014

Jennifer (at Black Butte Ranch) was wonderful to work with. She fulfilled all of our requests and gave us sound advise when we didn't know exactly how to navigate. She also recommended our DJ (Flip-Flop Sounds) and our day was spectacular. If there was a hitch, we had no idea. And our guest only had the highest compliments for the dinner that was served. They even had a buffet table at kid level and that was a hit with the parents. Highly recommend!!!

Megan · Married on 05/25/2014

Black Butte Ranch was the perfect location for our wedding! Jennifer and Esther (wedding coordinators) were absolutely fantastic and made our day so special. They were so organized, and I felt 100% taken care of. I could actually relax and enjoy our day! All of the staff that worked the day of our wedding were so kind and accommodating. I highly recommend Black Butte Ranch!

Eric · Married on 05/17/2014

How many good things can I say about having our wedding at Black. Butte Ranch and where to begin? Every step of the way they were willing to address any and all plans we had in mind, and the ones we were still debating on. The flexibility of the staff, even if it's the last possible second, is second to none. Also the willingness and resourcefulness of everyone on duty during your special day. Two moments stand out in my entire family's mind. 1) I, the groom, exhausted from not sleeping the night before, orders a red bull from the bar. Unfortunately they didn't carry Red Bull, but one of the servers overheard me and drove to the store and personally bought me two! 2) Our four year old ring bearer was getting extremely grumpy as pictures progressed. The head chef drove down to the store, bought peanut butter and jelly, came back, made it for him, cut off the crust and ensured he had everything he could ever ask for... And that was without asking! They simply noticed a need and accommodated. And these type of stories and examples were never ending from planning to execution.

I truly cannot say enough good things about using the ranch as a place to get married. I could literally hug the ladies who put up with the highs and lows of my stress levels while putting together the most important day of my wife and I's life. Because of Black Butte Ranch every single person, all 100 of them, who attended the wedding and the reception to follow all cannot stop talking about that day!

Susan · Married on 07/07/2012

I had our wedding two weeks ago at BBR. I cannot say enough about the venue, the food, but especially, ESPECIALLY, Aimee Smith, who is the Catering Manager (read: Wedding planner) there. From the first time we met Aimee, we felt so at ease. She really understood who we were as a couple and worked with us so that we could have our wedding there. Aimee was constantly emailing back and forth with me, my husband, and my mom. She was so reassuring, so on top of everything, and so professional, but also fun! Aimee's flexibility, sense of humor, responsiveness, and day-of-readiness was such a relief on would could have been a very stressful day. Instead, I can say that I had so much fun at my wedding, and I think Aimee deserves at least some of the credit for that. The foresight to propel us towards the buffet ahead of everyone else so that we could actually enjoy our food (which we did - delicious - our favorite meal we've had at BBR by far) was genius.

The venue at BBR could not be more perfect. All of our guests were blown away by the beauty of the location, and by how awesome it was for them to stay a few days - most guests made it into a 4+ day vacation. Because of all the individual houses groups of friends stayed at, we were actually able to spend a ton of time with friends and family that we hadn't seen in years.

I was not the type of girl who had wedding fantasies as a young kid, but I think if I had they would have looked a lot like the actual day. Thank you Black Butte Ranch, the Incredible Aimee Smith, Jenine Kramer who was so on top of the group housing, and the super professional wait staff. Corny as it is, There is a Place!

Stunning location; Aimee and the rest of the staff were fantastic, fun, and easy to work with; the food was delicious (especially the cake!); couldn't imagine a better venue for our wedding. Highly recommended!

Nichole · Married on 07/31/2010

Thank you so much to Aimee & Nicky and the whole crew at Black Butte Ranch for making our day perfect!

We originally wanted to have a destination wedding in Hawaii, but with the economy we were really worried that our closest friends and family wouldn't be able to come. We sadly canceled our Maui wedding and went for a search on a venue closer to home. We looked at several places in and around the Portland area, but nothing was the right fit. Then we started thinking of the places we love, and Black Butte was in the top 5. We never thought we were going to be able to afford it, but we were pleasantly surprised by the price. It was very comparable to things in Portland that we were looking at... and much less than other places in Central Oregon.

Aimee is the special events director at the ranch, and she is on it! Because I was planning a wedding from Portland I wasn't able to take much time to go down and read contracts and have any meetings. We were able to do all of our communications via email, phone, and mail. Aimee had great knowledge of the location and answered all of my questions with out a flinch. If she didn't know an answer she asked and got it for me. The day of she made sure everything went off without a hitch, and if there were any crisis' I never once knew about them.

Our guests can't stop talking about how awesome our wedding was. Of course the location goes without saying, but the food, the bar, and everyone on staff there was 100% on their A game.

Thank you Aimee and Black Butte Ranch for making a place that was already special to me that much more. We are already planning the "Back To Black Butte" weekend for next year with our family and wedding party.

Oh, and their slogan really does live up to it's name: There is a place!

• Lisa

Lisa · Married on 07/21/2018

We had an amazing experience at Black Butte Ranch on our wedding day. It was everything we hoped and dreamed for! I was in contact frequently with Emily and there were multiple emails going back and forth over many months. I dont know how she managed to respond so quickly and keep everything straight (as I know many other weddings were happening this summer) but she DID and she, Esther and the staff nailed it! Our day was perfect! Everyone told me "just prepare...something will go wrong". I am happy to report NOTHING went wrong on our day thanks to the professionalism, communication, hard work and overall organization of Black Butte Ranch and their staff. Our guests were very comfortable and we received many compliments on our venue. If I could get married every year, I would always choose Black Butte :)

Black Butte Ranch's reply:

Thanks Lisa! Your wedding day was PERFECT! We very much appreciate your kind words about Black Butte and our staff, we love what we do! Plus, you and Ryan were amazing to work with! If you want to come back and have a party every year we can make that happen! Well wishes, Emily