Black Butte Ranch Reviews

Black Butte Ranch 5
  • Cindy

Cindy Turnure · Married on 07/15/2019

Black Butte Ranch Michelle Caramagno / Esther Moore Wedding Specialist/Planner

Black Butte Ranch is a magical place. It was the perfect venue for my daughter's wedding. The location and views were amazing and the food and presentation was truly spectacular. There were so many people at the ranch that really helped with the process such as Brittany & Amanda. Plus I need to give special recognition to Michelle Caramagno the Event & Catering Sales Manager representing Black Butte Ranch. She was wonderful to work with, communicated well, and made sure we had the exceptional menu and presentation we had requested. She was also great at providing suggestions and really represented Black Butte Ranch so very well.
    The single BEST decision we made was to hire Esther Moore as our personal Wedding Specialist/Planner. I don't know what we would have done without her. Esther was the glue that held everything together. Weddings are so complicated and she knew just what we needed to do. Esther provided written timelines and communication between ourself and the venue, vendors, our families and the bridal party. She also created payment schedules to be sure vendors were paid on time. She was organizing things I didn't even think about. As a result, everyone knew what to expect and what they were supposed to do for the whole weekend. And when the wedding day came, Esther was there all day making sure everything was set up just as we planned. I believe Esther has around 32 years experience in this industry. She commands such respect from everyone she works with. She allowed all of us to do nothing more than enjoy our special event. If you are planning a wedding the first call I would make is to Esther Moore. She is incredible!!!

Sent on 07/15/2019
    Black Butte Ranch 6
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 06/01/2019

Best views ever!

Black Butte Ranch was the venue of our DREAMS!!! We came out to the ranch to shoot our engagement photos and immediately fell in love with the view. Booking our wedding at BBR was the best decision we could’ve ever made! Michelle coordinated our wedding and made me feel completely at ease - she was incredibly professional, accommodating to our needs, and had everything under control on wedding day. BBR was incredibly flexible with our menu requests and we received so many compliments on the food! Our wedding was more than we ever could have dreamed of - great venue, great food, amazing views and the kindest staff!! 10/10 would recommend!

Sent on 06/08/2019

Sarah · Married on 02/09/2019

Perfect Winter Wedding!

We loved our winter wedding at Black Butte! I booked a spa day with my friends who all felt like they had had some of the best treatments they'd ever had. My friends and family were impressed with how responsive, professional, and friendly all of the staff were - from the bar to the management. The wedding coordinator was kind, flexible, and very easy to work with - looking to accommodate exactly what we were looking for. My friends and even my Mom had said it was one of the most relaxing weddings they had been to - with the cozy lodging and having everything available right there. Also, having a winter wedding is full of incentives to keep costs down, and we had the most beautiful, snowy, wintry day. I couldn't recommend Black Butte enough!

Sent on 02/21/2019
    Black Butte Ranch 7
    Black Butte Ranch 8

Melissa · Married on 10/06/2018

Loved our October wedding -- thank you!!

The most incredible thing about organizing a wedding at Black Butte Ranch is that they have a coordinator who walks you through the whole process. Emily was wonderful -- very responsive and helpful with planning templates and "to do" lists that are designed based on BBR's experience and the needs of past couples. They provide lists of local vendors, menus, and a free tasting day for couples who decide to choose BBR as their venue. The food and drink options are incredibly broad, and the chef and beverage director were very helpful and flexible to make sure we got the experience we wanted. Our guests loved the Prime Rib -- many said it was the best wedding food they'd had!

As a multi-cultural couple with family and friends flying in from all over the world, the Lodging team were very accommodating as well. It's worth noting that the experience is different from "blocking" rooms at a local hotel, but the overall experience of renting a house and having access to everything the Ranch offers is totally different! Our guests LOVED it, and appreciated the activities, the spa, and the general outdoor beauty.

Sent on 11/13/2018

Chelsea · Married on 08/18/2018

We had an amazing experience working with the staff at Black Butte Ranch to plan our wedding, and we couldn’t have been happier with how everything came together. We appreciated getting to meet with the wedding coordinator several times leading up to the event and having her check in with us frequently to make sure we were on schedule. Black Butte’s vendor recommendations were all very helpful. They clearly have wedding planning down to a “T”. The food was delicious, the day-of service was great, and everything was executed according to plan. My bridesmaids and I enjoyed getting ready in the bridal suite inside the Lodge, and our wedding guests had a great time exploring the Ranch and taking advantage of the different activities and amenities. The best thing about getting married at Black Butte is probably the view from the ceremony site. The backdrop of the aspen trees, lake, and mountains is absolutely gorgeous. I have been visiting Black Butte Ranch my entire life, and I can’t imagine having had my wedding anywhere else.

Sent on 09/29/2018

Chelsea,
    It makes me so thrilled to hear your kind words about your unforgettable wedding. I loved getting to know you, Jesse and your families! Your wedding day was picture perfect, and you were the most beautiful bride! I hope to see you all again soon!
    All the best, Emily

Samantha · Married on 07/28/2018

Everything was....AMAZING!!!! We had our dream wedding! Emily was the MOST INCREDIBLE wedding planner! I wish we could have the wedding again next week!

Sent on 08/02/2018

Black Butte Ranch's reply:

Thanks Samantha! You were the MOST INCREDIBLE bride! I hope that you, Chase and your families can make a trip back again soon. Your friend, Emily

Brooke · Married on 07/26/2018

We absolutely loved having our wedding at Black Butte Ranch. Our wedding guests were blown away with the scenery, food and service provided by the ranch. We still have guests telling us it was the best wedding they've ever attended. The staff is exemplary and make the wedding planning process so easy. We can't imagine getting married anywhere else.

Sent on 08/07/2018

Black Butte Ranch's reply:

WOW! Thank you Brooke, that is outstanding compliment! I hope that you and Eli had an amazing honeymoon are enjoying your married lives together. Hope you can come back and say hi soon, I would love to see you both again! Warm regards, Emily

justine · Married on 10/21/2017

They were very professional and flexible. It ended up raining on our wedding day, and as part of the contract they'd included an option to take over the inside of the lodge. It was a bit stressful, because out guests ate in 3 different rooms! But ultimately everybody had a wonderful time. Being inside the lodge was cozy, fun, and everything worked out perfectly. Esther was responsive, patient, and flexible. If you're doing a fall or winter wedding, make sure you have the lodge take-over in your contract. If we didn't have that option I don't think our wedding would have been so great. Also, the fall foliage there was amazing. Definitely recommend.

Sent on 11/09/2017

Brent · Married on 05/28/2017

Black Butte Ranch is a great venue. We had an amazing experience here and the staff was extremely helpful!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Erin · Married on 08/20/2016

I am so happy we chose Black Butte Ranch as our wedding destination. Jennifer is a wonderful person to work with and helped with planning every step of the way. She is not only responsive, she is a great resource for any wedding question. She and Esther were incredible from the day we decided to go with Black Butte to the day of our wedding. Jennifer understood the importance of our requests and made sure our wedding went smoothly. This is not only a gorgeous part of Central Oregon, the people here are very helpful. We even had a golf tournament and the team at Glaze Meadow helped us organize the event. Our guests had an amazing weekend celebrating and enjoying this unique place.

Sent on 09/15/2016

Caitlin · Married on 08/13/2016

We honestly don't have enough good words to say about everyone at Black Butte Ranch, especially Jennifer and Esther. They were so easy and pleasant to work with along the way. They were super flexible and always prompt with e-mails and so helpful every step of the process. It was so nice to have everything taken care of by Esther, Jennifer, and the rest of the staff and made our day as stress free as possible. The food was great and the day of the wedding Esther and Jennifer made sure everything was smooth and on time!

Sent on 08/25/2016
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 08/06/2016

Amazing People made my Important Day Perfect

Everyone keeps raving!! It was everything I could have dreamed of and more! Michelle was absolutely amazing and made me feel so relaxed and calm on my big day!! The relationship Michelle creates with my husband and I made it so I was at complete ease on my big day! The staff was amazing, the food was terrific, and the bar has officially been set for wedding experiences in my family!!

Sent on 08/01/2019
    Black Butte Ranch 9
    Black Butte Ranch 10

Kelsey · Married on 07/23/2016

Black Butte's staff was exceptional! They partnered with us on every detail and helped make sure everything went off smoothly! Can't say enough good things about the team and the venue!

Sent on 07/31/2016

Morgan · Married on 06/04/2016

Having our wedding at Black Butte Ranch was one of the best decisions we made. Esther and Jennifer are amazing and make planning your wedding so easy. It is so nice that tables, linen, and caterer come with the venue so that you have less people to try an coordinate. The setting for the wedding is absolutely breath taking and all of our guests were impressed. We loved having our wedding with Black Butte Ranch.

Sent on 06/27/2016

Caitlin · Married on 04/02/2016

Jennifer and Esther were incredible. I'm terrible at planning and it's like they knew what I wanted without me being able to explain it. I couldn't have imagined a more perfect meal, cake, cupcakes and environment that what was provided for me by the ranch.

Sent on 05/06/2016

Jillian · Married on 08/22/2015

I could not give more praise to Black Butte Ranch and their team of dedicated staff -- kind and friendly, professional, incredibly helpful, and on top of everything! Our wedding day was flawless thanks to Jennifer and Esther, as well as the wonderful catering team. Most highly recommended!

Sent on 09/20/2015

S · Married on 07/31/2015

Our wedding at Black Butte Ranch was everything we hoped for and more. From the first time meeting with Esther, we knew Black Butte was the place for us. Esther Moore and Jennifer Engele made our event at Black Butte exceptional - both were professional, extremely responsive, and helpful each step of the way. Highly recommend Black Butte Ranch for any event.

Sent on 08/05/2015

It was an absolutely awesome weekend. The entire BBR Staff went over-the-top on their level of service and assistance to all of us involved in the wedding. Jen was irreplaceable!! and combined with Esther, they were such a warm and wonderful team helping all of us!! and the banquet captain Victor was simply wonderful. The rest of the staff including the bartenders, waiters, and night manager, were just superb! After 20 years of family reunions at BBR, I knew that the Ranch had always been a top-notch resort but I still was a bit overwhelmed by the quality of service and food we received this weekend. Thank you all for a memorable and enjoyable wedding weekend!!!

Sent on 07/29/2015

Laurie · Married on 06/20/2015

Many thanks to Black Butte Ranch for all they did to make our dream wedding come to life!! It was the perfect summer evening: the ranch and lodge have never looked more beautiful and we had so much fun celebrating with our family and friends!

Sent on 07/02/2015

Blaire · Married on 05/24/2015

I was having a hard time finding a wedding venue that had all of the amenities I wanted in Oregon until I came across Black Butte Ranch. They offer ceremony and reception sites, bride and groom lounges, rehearsal dinner catering or restaurants, lodging, food, cake, beverages, spa, beauty, event equipment (tables, linens, etc) set-up, tear-down, and sound system. The only outside vendor I had to hire was our photographer, which made the planning very easy! Not only did they take care of EVERYTHING, the scenery is absolutely gorgeous! Our ceremony was set in a grove of Aspen trees along the banks of a river. In the background stood the Three Sisters Mountains capped with white snow. It looked like something out of a fairy tale.

The staff also went above and beyond for our wedding. They were right there the entire time to handle anything that came up and made my day stress free as a bride. They also took care of everything during the planning stages and accommodated any special requests we had. They were always available by either phone or e-mail, or would return my message within an hour. I had no problems with the planning stages working with the event staff!

Black Butte Ranch catering is also beyond perfection. Every dish was gourmet and all of our wedding guests were amazed at how delicious everything was.

Sent on 06/11/2015

Michelle · Married on 08/08/2014

The staff I worked with at Black Butte for my wedding last summer were extremely talented and helpful. They mentored me with everything from vendor decisions(for flowers, music, etc) to event set-up(table decorations & seating) to lodging accommodations(they provided a specific coordinator for this). They do an excellent job of helping (the bride especially) to navigate through all of the options and decisions... and there are a lot of them, trust me! I had 2 main contacts that I worked with (Jennifer and Esther) and between them they had a wealth of knowledge and experience around both event planning in general and weddings in particular. But with that all said, I think their enthusiasm and calm under pressure (when I was feeling it that is!) is what I appreciated the most. Black Butte was my dream location to get married and they made it a reality for me :).

Sent on 01/28/2015

John · Married on 08/01/2014

We could not have been more pleased with the venue, support, accommodations, cuisine, attention to detail, and helpfulness throughout the days leading up to the ceremony and the day of. Both Karen and I want to express out heartfelt thanks and appreciation to Jennifer and the entire staff at Black Butte.

Sent on 12/12/2014

Stephanie · event on 07/27/2014

Jennifer (at Black Butte Ranch) was wonderful to work with. She fulfilled all of our requests and gave us sound advise when we didn't know exactly how to navigate. She also recommended our DJ (Flip-Flop Sounds) and our day was spectacular. If there was a hitch, we had no idea. And our guest only had the highest compliments for the dinner that was served. They even had a buffet table at kid level and that was a hit with the parents. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 12/19/2014

Megan · Married on 05/25/2014

Black Butte Ranch was the perfect location for our wedding! Jennifer and Esther (wedding coordinators) were absolutely fantastic and made our day so special. They were so organized, and I felt 100% taken care of. I could actually relax and enjoy our day! All of the staff that worked the day of our wedding were so kind and accommodating. I highly recommend Black Butte Ranch!

Sent on 06/17/2014

Eric · Married on 05/17/2014

How many good things can I say about having our wedding at Black. Butte Ranch and where to begin? Every step of the way they were willing to address any and all plans we had in mind, and the ones we were still debating on. The flexibility of the staff, even if it's the last possible second, is second to none. Also the willingness and resourcefulness of everyone on duty during your special day. Two moments stand out in my entire family's mind. 1) I, the groom, exhausted from not sleeping the night before, orders a red bull from the bar. Unfortunately they didn't carry Red Bull, but one of the servers overheard me and drove to the store and personally bought me two! 2) Our four year old ring bearer was getting extremely grumpy as pictures progressed. The head chef drove down to the store, bought peanut butter and jelly, came back, made it for him, cut off the crust and ensured he had everything he could ever ask for... And that was without asking! They simply noticed a need and accommodated. And these type of stories and examples were never ending from planning to execution.

I truly cannot say enough good things about using the ranch as a place to get married. I could literally hug the ladies who put up with the highs and lows of my stress levels while putting together the most important day of my wife and I's life. Because of Black Butte Ranch every single person, all 100 of them, who attended the wedding and the reception to follow all cannot stop talking about that day!

Sent on 12/09/2014