Black Butte Ranch Reviews

52 | Sisters, OR

52 Reviews for Black Butte Ranch

Kris Kezar · Getting married on 07/05/2022

Hands down the Best!

Best experience ever, and the accommodations was the best.

Sent on 07/02/2020
  • Cecelia

Cecelia Cook · Getting married on 06/07/2021

Stunning location, outstanding service!

We were so pleased with our experience hosting our daughter's wedding reception at Black Butte Ranch. This was a last-minute decision due to COVID-19 restrictions, which had interrupted our original plans. Throughout the rather rushed booking and planning process, the staff was responsive, competent, and helpful. The service during the event was excellent, and the food, from the hors d'oeuvres to the entrees, was outstanding. The outdoor setting, of course, was stunning. It would be hard to find a more beautiful place for a wedding celebration.

• Kimberlee

Kimberlee Mccoy · Getting married on 09/26/2020

Highly recommend!

We had an amazing time with Black Butte Ranch for our wedding! Alicia, Michelle, and the whole team were so responsive and helpful through the whole planning process. Highly recommend Black Butte Ranch for everyone's weddings!

Sent on 07/13/2020
  • Abigail

Abigail Whitcomb · Married on 07/27/2020

Black Butte Ranch was the best choice and the perfect place to have our wedding

We are so happy we had our wedding at Black Butte Ranch. Everything was just perfect, we had the most beautiful views, the best food, and outstanding service. We were so lucky to have this venue and our wedding coordinator Alicia to work with us through postponements and making sure we had a fun and safe wedding during the pandemic. We really had the best day of our lives!

Sent on 08/07/2020

Shelby Marcuse · Married on 07/20/2020

Fairy tale wedding dreams come true at Black Butte Ranch!

My fiancé and I wanted to have our destination wedding ceremony in Oregon after getting engaged there during a business trip. We searched several venues in Central Oregon and Black Butte Ranch was the winner by far. The beauty of the venue is incredible and the price tag was affordable considering the value and benefits of everything included.

We were thrilled to learn that the venue came with a “day of coordinator”, Alicia. She was incredibly communicative and helpful as we worked to find vendors while being out of state. Alicia is super organized and we were grateful for her knowledge and expertise as we planned our wedding. Alicia never pushed us in any direction, but always gave her honest opinion when asked and supported us in all our goals no matter how crazy they may have seemed.

No stone went unturned and Alicia worked her incredible magic to make sure every detail was attended to and everyone had a great time (including us as the bride and groom). We had the pleasure of working with Michelle as well throughout the planning process and although our interaction was limited, her efforts and kindness did not go unnoticed. Both ladies genuinely care and want the best for every bride, groom and wedding. I am in awe of the incredible talent in every aspect of this remote and scenic location at Black Butte Ranch!

The food was incredible! My fiancé and I are foodies and having good food at our wedding was super important to us (another reason we chose this venue). Chef & team blew this one out of the water! Everyone RAVED about how great the food was! Several attendees specifically mentioned how much they enjoyed the bartender, Cort, for his kindness and knowledge of the area.

All of our ~40 ish attendees had a blast staying on the ranch. We were able to horseback ride, hike, swim and look at the stars over fire pits in the evening. Everyone was able to “choose their own adventure” and do things that appealed to them and their families on and around the ranch.

As our wedding date approached, COVID-19 began hitting the US and we had to stop planning everything and prepare for a possibility that we might need to change our wedding date. Alicia was incredible at keeping in touch with changes in Oregon and being flexible with every twist and turn. I have friends who were unable to reach their venues at all during the shutdown, but Alicia returned every email and initiated them (usually followed by a call to answer questions) with every change in the news and restrictions. A week before our wedding restrictions changed again and Alicia was on the ball ready to make adjustments to accommodate our wedding within protocols.

We are incredibly lucky and grateful we were able to have our intimate wedding on our planned date. We never planned for COVID prior to our wedding (obviously), but with the outdoor space and vast expanse of the venue, we were still able to have our fairytale wedding (while meeting every social distance/mask/COVID requirement for us, our guests and the venue). Alicia and the venue went to great effort and made several adjustments to make sure their staff and our attendees were safe while still enjoying a beautiful wedding & reception.

The day of the wedding Alicia kept us all on track and would silently appear, gently and patiently guiding us to our next timeline activity or even just bringing us food or a water to ensure we weren’t starving and dehydrated all day. She was absolutely the fairy godmother of this fairy tale! Being in front of the lake with the mountains and sunshine on our day felt like a Cinderella moment. I kept wanting to pinch myself to make sure it wasn’t a dream.

One of the groomsmen told us this was the best wedding he had EVER attended. A couple of our attendees said that we helped their families make memories at a place they never would have ventured or chosen, but each couldn’t wait to come back. I know the crazy looks we received when we told our invitees that we were venturing out of state to Black Butte Ranch, Oregon for our wedding for no other reason than we wanted to share the magic we found there with those we love. The joyful smiles and looks of awe on the face of our guests were proof enough that they had found the magic for themselves as well. There is a place... I wouldn’t change a single thing about our day and I owe it all to Alicia, Michelle, & the team at Black Butte Ranch. 10/10 HIGHLY RECOMMEND this location for ANY wedding!

Heidi D · Married on 07/12/2020

Best elopement location

Exceptional service! There were so many pieces to put together and it was all done seamlessly.
    They took my wishes and ran with them, leaving me with an unforgettable day!
    I was so impressed with not only the staff of Black Butte, but the vendors they recommended as well. Their team is one every bride should have supporting her!

Tabatha Jones · Married on 02/11/2020

Elopement/Small Wedding

We decided to get married in September but wanted to have it done by the end of this year so I started planning right away. I love the three sisters mountain range so the Sisters area was where I wanted to have our ceremony so I started reaching out to different venues. Black Butte Ranch was at the top of my list for venues and they were available on one of the dates I had in mind. We only had 10 people in our entire wedding so our wedding was considered an elopement (and because we wanted to do it on a Thursday). Everyone from Black Butte was very helpful in helping decide what to do from the timing of the day to the food to the music. Throughout the couple month process, I made a few changes from our original call and they were very gracious in helping us. On the day of, I was able to relax and enjoy the day, and my sister helped facilitate the final details with the help of Alicia & Michelle. A couple hours before the ceremony I decided to move the ceremony to the trees (due to the cloud cover and not being able to see the mountains) and the gals did it all by themselves. It looked great when it was go time. My wedding day was perfect despite the weather. I think this place is one place that it doesn't matter what the weather is, it will be beautiful no matter what. I can't wait to see pictures. Thank you all and I would definitely recommend having your wedding here (big or small).
    (pictures taken by black butte)

Sent on 11/19/2019
  • W

Warren Stone · Married on 12/23/2019

Amazing winter wedding venue

We scheduled an elopement last minute and were treated like royalty. The venue, staff, food, and overall experience could not have been better. We laughed, we cried, and had the most perfect wedding experience with amazing photos to look at for years to come. Thank you so much to the Black Butte Ranch staff!

Sent on 12/31/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany Mcdonough · Married on 11/02/2019

The BEST venue

We loved it here and plan to go back! They were so flexible with us and worked with our needs to make it a perfect day! HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 04/02/2020
  • Carolyn

Carolyn Green · Married on 09/20/2019

Couldn’t have asked for a better day

My family has been coming to Black Butte Ranch since I was a baby, so a celebration at Black Butte felt a bit like a backyard wedding. Still, hosting an event at that scale can be intimidating, to say the least! Luckily, Black Butte made the process so smooth—the entire staff was wonderful to work with, and our coordinator (Alicia Boyd) was a calming + energizing presence throughout the whole process. She was extremely organized and patient with all of our requests, and everything came together more beautifully than I could have ever imagined! Moreover, many of our guests told us it was the best wedding food they’ve ever had, and the cake was AMAZING. Thank you, BBR, for a day we will never forget!

Sent on 10/05/2019
  • Kaye

Kaye · Married on 09/07/2019

September wedding at Black Butte Ranch

The venue is gorgeous with amazing panaromic views. My daughter fell in love with Black Butte Ranch as soon as she saw the gorgeous Sisters mountains. It was the perfect place for her wedding as many of the guest flew in from all over the US and were able to stay and play at BBR. Alicia our wedding coordinator was a pleasure to work with. She was efficient and so easy to work with. She advised us to rent a tent when thunder showers showed up in the forecast and worked seemlessly with the BBR staff to move tables and accommodate our guest. Once the rain cleared there was a gorgeous sunset that made for incredible photos. The chef out did himself with a yummy dinner of prime rib, salmon, raviolis and much more. Our guest raved about the food. We still have friends and family telling us this was the best wedding they have ever attended. Thank you Alicia and Black Butte Ranch for the most special day!

Sent on 10/07/2019

Corinne · Married on 08/10/2019

The Total Package!

The entire staff at Black Butte Ranch went above and beyond to make our wedding the most special day of our lives. We had incredible support from the staff at the rehearsal dinner not to mention the day of! Alicia and Michelle were absolutely incredible, responding to changing weather and special requests with urgency and care. Can't say enough about the venue, food, and staff!

Sent on 10/13/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 07/19/2019

Amazing People made my Important Day Perfect

Everyone keeps raving!! It was everything I could have dreamed of and more! Michelle was absolutely amazing and made me feel so relaxed and calm on my big day!! The relationship Michelle creates with my husband and I made it so I was at complete ease on my big day! The staff was amazing, the food was terrific, and the bar has officially been set for wedding experiences in my family!!

Sent on 08/01/2019
  • Cindy

Cindy Turnure · Married on 07/15/2019

Black Butte Ranch Michelle Caramagno / Esther Moore Wedding Specialist/Planner

Black Butte Ranch is a magical place. It was the perfect venue for my daughter's wedding. The location and views were amazing and the food and presentation was truly spectacular. There were so many people at the ranch that really helped with the process such as Brittany & Amanda. Plus I need to give special recognition to Michelle Caramagno the Event & Catering Sales Manager representing Black Butte Ranch. She was wonderful to work with, communicated well, and made sure we had the exceptional menu and presentation we had requested. She was also great at providing suggestions and really represented Black Butte Ranch so very well.
    The single BEST decision we made was to hire Esther Moore as our personal Wedding Specialist/Planner. I don't know what we would have done without her. Esther was the glue that held everything together. Weddings are so complicated and she knew just what we needed to do. Esther provided written timelines and communication between ourself and the venue, vendors, our families and the bridal party. She also created payment schedules to be sure vendors were paid on time. She was organizing things I didn't even think about. As a result, everyone knew what to expect and what they were supposed to do for the whole weekend. And when the wedding day came, Esther was there all day making sure everything was set up just as we planned. I believe Esther has around 32 years experience in this industry. She commands such respect from everyone she works with. She allowed all of us to do nothing more than enjoy our special event. If you are planning a wedding the first call I would make is to Esther Moore. She is incredible!!!

Sent on 07/15/2019
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 06/01/2019

Best views ever!

Black Butte Ranch was the venue of our DREAMS!!! We came out to the ranch to shoot our engagement photos and immediately fell in love with the view. Booking our wedding at BBR was the best decision we could’ve ever made! Michelle coordinated our wedding and made me feel completely at ease - she was incredibly professional, accommodating to our needs, and had everything under control on wedding day. BBR was incredibly flexible with our menu requests and we received so many compliments on the food! Our wedding was more than we ever could have dreamed of - great venue, great food, amazing views and the kindest staff!! 10/10 would recommend!

Sent on 06/08/2019

Sarah · Married on 02/09/2019

Perfect Winter Wedding!

We loved our winter wedding at Black Butte! I booked a spa day with my friends who all felt like they had had some of the best treatments they'd ever had. My friends and family were impressed with how responsive, professional, and friendly all of the staff were - from the bar to the management. The wedding coordinator was kind, flexible, and very easy to work with - looking to accommodate exactly what we were looking for. My friends and even my Mom had said it was one of the most relaxing weddings they had been to - with the cozy lodging and having everything available right there. Also, having a winter wedding is full of incentives to keep costs down, and we had the most beautiful, snowy, wintry day. I couldn't recommend Black Butte enough!

Sent on 02/21/2019

Melissa · Married on 10/06/2018

Loved our October wedding -- thank you!!

The most incredible thing about organizing a wedding at Black Butte Ranch is that they have a coordinator who walks you through the whole process. Emily was wonderful -- very responsive and helpful with planning templates and "to do" lists that are designed based on BBR's experience and the needs of past couples. They provide lists of local vendors, menus, and a free tasting day for couples who decide to choose BBR as their venue. The food and drink options are incredibly broad, and the chef and beverage director were very helpful and flexible to make sure we got the experience we wanted. Our guests loved the Prime Rib -- many said it was the best wedding food they'd had!

As a multi-cultural couple with family and friends flying in from all over the world, the Lodging team were very accommodating as well. It's worth noting that the experience is different from "blocking" rooms at a local hotel, but the overall experience of renting a house and having access to everything the Ranch offers is totally different! Our guests LOVED it, and appreciated the activities, the spa, and the general outdoor beauty.

Sent on 11/13/2018

Chelsea · Married on 08/18/2018

We had an amazing experience working with the staff at Black Butte Ranch to plan our wedding, and we couldn’t have been happier with how everything came together. We appreciated getting to meet with the wedding coordinator several times leading up to the event and having her check in with us frequently to make sure we were on schedule. Black Butte’s vendor recommendations were all very helpful. They clearly have wedding planning down to a “T”. The food was delicious, the day-of service was great, and everything was executed according to plan. My bridesmaids and I enjoyed getting ready in the bridal suite inside the Lodge, and our wedding guests had a great time exploring the Ranch and taking advantage of the different activities and amenities. The best thing about getting married at Black Butte is probably the view from the ceremony site. The backdrop of the aspen trees, lake, and mountains is absolutely gorgeous. I have been visiting Black Butte Ranch my entire life, and I can’t imagine having had my wedding anywhere else.

Sent on 09/29/2018

Chelsea,
    It makes me so thrilled to hear your kind words about your unforgettable wedding. I loved getting to know you, Jesse and your families! Your wedding day was picture perfect, and you were the most beautiful bride! I hope to see you all again soon!
    All the best, Emily

Samantha · Married on 07/28/2018

Everything was....AMAZING!!!! We had our dream wedding! Emily was the MOST INCREDIBLE wedding planner! I wish we could have the wedding again next week!

Sent on 08/02/2018

Black Butte Ranch's reply:

Thanks Samantha! You were the MOST INCREDIBLE bride! I hope that you, Chase and your families can make a trip back again soon. Your friend, Emily

Brooke · Married on 07/26/2018

We absolutely loved having our wedding at Black Butte Ranch. Our wedding guests were blown away with the scenery, food and service provided by the ranch. We still have guests telling us it was the best wedding they've ever attended. The staff is exemplary and make the wedding planning process so easy. We can't imagine getting married anywhere else.

Sent on 08/07/2018

Black Butte Ranch's reply:

WOW! Thank you Brooke, that is outstanding compliment! I hope that you and Eli had an amazing honeymoon are enjoying your married lives together. Hope you can come back and say hi soon, I would love to see you both again! Warm regards, Emily

justine · Married on 10/21/2017

They were very professional and flexible. It ended up raining on our wedding day, and as part of the contract they'd included an option to take over the inside of the lodge. It was a bit stressful, because out guests ate in 3 different rooms! But ultimately everybody had a wonderful time. Being inside the lodge was cozy, fun, and everything worked out perfectly. Esther was responsive, patient, and flexible. If you're doing a fall or winter wedding, make sure you have the lodge take-over in your contract. If we didn't have that option I don't think our wedding would have been so great. Also, the fall foliage there was amazing. Definitely recommend.

Sent on 11/09/2017

Brent · Married on 05/28/2017

Black Butte Ranch is a great venue. We had an amazing experience here and the staff was extremely helpful!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Erin · Married on 08/20/2016

I am so happy we chose Black Butte Ranch as our wedding destination. Jennifer is a wonderful person to work with and helped with planning every step of the way. She is not only responsive, she is a great resource for any wedding question. She and Esther were incredible from the day we decided to go with Black Butte to the day of our wedding. Jennifer understood the importance of our requests and made sure our wedding went smoothly. This is not only a gorgeous part of Central Oregon, the people here are very helpful. We even had a golf tournament and the team at Glaze Meadow helped us organize the event. Our guests had an amazing weekend celebrating and enjoying this unique place.

Sent on 09/15/2016

Caitlin · Married on 08/13/2016

We honestly don't have enough good words to say about everyone at Black Butte Ranch, especially Jennifer and Esther. They were so easy and pleasant to work with along the way. They were super flexible and always prompt with e-mails and so helpful every step of the process. It was so nice to have everything taken care of by Esther, Jennifer, and the rest of the staff and made our day as stress free as possible. The food was great and the day of the wedding Esther and Jennifer made sure everything was smooth and on time!

Sent on 08/25/2016

Kelsey · Married on 07/23/2016

Black Butte's staff was exceptional! They partnered with us on every detail and helped make sure everything went off smoothly! Can't say enough good things about the team and the venue!

Sent on 07/31/2016