Black Butte Ranch Reviews

62 | Sisters, OR

62 Reviews for Black Butte Ranch

Jennifer B. · Getting married on 08/03/2022

Great for my Microwedding

Black Butte Ranch is the perfect place to get married if you don't want to have to lift a finger. The onsite wedding coordinator organized everything for me and made it so easy for me, someone who hates planning. It's a great value and we had a beautiful ceremony right on the water. Highly reccomend.

Sent on 03/31/2021

Kris K. · Getting married on 07/05/2022

Hands down the Best!

Best experience ever, and the accommodations was the best.

Sent on 07/02/2020

Lance B. · Married on 06/09/2021

Could not have been happier with Black Butte Ranch

Black Butte Ranch went above and beyond our wedding expectations, making sure all of our requests were met and were there to help in anyway possible every step of the way.

Sent on 10/15/2020
  • Brittany

Brittany J. · Married on 06/03/2021

Flawlessly Smooth Day

We chose this venue primarily for the beautiful mountain backdrop. However, after experiencing everything they offer, I’m floored at how well they coordinated everything. The officiant was provided to us and she worked with us to customize our ceremony and calm our nerves beforehand. The provided day-of coordinator was there to keep us on schedule, get us drinks after the ceremony (we were SO ready for some champagne!), direct us on how to walk down the aisle, and was our DJ. This was such a big help to make the day go smoothly. It allowed me to actually enjoy my wedding, rather than dealing with timelines or coordinating things. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue.

Sent on 06/04/2021

Malia S. · Married on 05/17/2021

Perfect venue - best views and top notch service!

Excellent service, quality, incredible views, and truly a tailored experience. Price is very affordable for an intimate ceremony and reception dinner, which included so many of the little details; way less stressful!! Food and cake provided by venue was so delicious, we got a ton of compliments. The views speak for itself. Our day coordinator Alicia was outstanding; she ensured a smooth event and touched on all the details. Truly a gem!

Sent on 05/24/2021

Lauren · Married on 03/13/2021

Awesome place

Alicia was great, we had a covid wedding and black butte kept us informed about how many guests we could have and gave us options of doing an outdoor wedding vs indoors. The wedding we had was beyond what I could have expected. The food was amazing and was easy to decorate because the views were outstanding.

Sent on 05/20/2021

Melissa S. · Married on 02/28/2021

Perfect wedding

My husband and I decided to elope at Black Butte Ranch because our family has a house there and it is so beautiful. We are so glad that we did. It was so perfect and stress free. Huge thanks to Alicia our wedding coordinator. She was fantastic and helped with everything. She was in constant contact and answered all my questions.
    kim, our officiant was so great! I instantly wondered how someone could do such a personal job without meeting us before hand but she did. We emailed back and forth and the ceremony was amazing. Seriously, everything that I could have imagined.

Thank you so very much for making it so special.

Sent on 03/08/2021

Anni G. · Married on 10/16/2020

A dream wedding

Alicia was incredibly helpful throughout our whole wedding process, eloping to Black Butte ranch was to best decision we could have made!

Sent on 10/20/2020
  • Kimberlee

Kimberlee M. · Married on 09/26/2020

Highly recommend!

We had an amazing time with Black Butte Ranch for our wedding! Alicia, Michelle, and the whole team were so responsive and helpful through the whole planning process. Highly recommend Black Butte Ranch for everyone's weddings!

Sent on 07/13/2020
  • Heather

Heather T. · Married on 08/15/2020

Perfect Wedding

We booked a year ago for an August wedding. When the pandemic hit, the Ranch was extremely flexible with any changes. They were willing to scale our wedding to whatever size we needed and waited for a final headcount all the way up to a week before the wedding. We ended up having about half the size of our predicted wedding but everything went smoothly. They have an onsite bridal suite that you had access to for the whole day. It was super convenient with a private bathroom for your giant wedding dresses. They used common sense rules for social distancing and masks. There is a coordinator built into the cost and she helped through the entire process after the original booking.

The scenery could not have been more perfect and that sunset was incredible. It was incredibly hot in August but we brought barrel fans that helped quite a bit and the shade from the the Aspen tree setting was plenty for the ceremony.

We made this a destination wedding and brought family from all over the country. We all stayed pretty close together on the Ranch for a week and enjoyed the pools, bike paths, and hiking. All of my guests said they would be back just for a regular vacation as well!

I loved everything about our big day and will cherish the memories forever.

Sent on 09/24/2020
  • Abigail

Abigail W. · Married on 07/27/2020

Black Butte Ranch was the best choice and the perfect place to have our wedding

We are so happy we had our wedding at Black Butte Ranch. Everything was just perfect, we had the most beautiful views, the best food, and outstanding service. We were so lucky to have this venue and our wedding coordinator Alicia to work with us through postponements and making sure we had a fun and safe wedding during the pandemic. We really had the best day of our lives!

Sent on 08/07/2020

Shelby M. · Married on 07/20/2020

Fairy tale wedding dreams come true at Black Butte Ranch!

My fiancé and I wanted to have our destination wedding ceremony in Oregon after getting engaged there during a business trip. We searched several venues in Central Oregon and Black Butte Ranch was the winner by far. The beauty of the venue is incredible and the price tag was affordable considering the value and benefits of everything included.

We were thrilled to learn that the venue came with a “day of coordinator”, Alicia. She was incredibly communicative and helpful as we worked to find vendors while being out of state. Alicia is super organized and we were grateful for her knowledge and expertise as we planned our wedding. Alicia never pushed us in any direction, but always gave her honest opinion when asked and supported us in all our goals no matter how crazy they may have seemed.

No stone went unturned and Alicia worked her incredible magic to make sure every detail was attended to and everyone had a great time (including us as the bride and groom). We had the pleasure of working with Michelle as well throughout the planning process and although our interaction was limited, her efforts and kindness did not go unnoticed. Both ladies genuinely care and want the best for every bride, groom and wedding. I am in awe of the incredible talent in every aspect of this remote and scenic location at Black Butte Ranch!

The food was incredible! My fiancé and I are foodies and having good food at our wedding was super important to us (another reason we chose this venue). Chef & team blew this one out of the water! Everyone RAVED about how great the food was! Several attendees specifically mentioned how much they enjoyed the bartender, Cort, for his kindness and knowledge of the area.

All of our ~40 ish attendees had a blast staying on the ranch. We were able to horseback ride, hike, swim and look at the stars over fire pits in the evening. Everyone was able to “choose their own adventure” and do things that appealed to them and their families on and around the ranch.

As our wedding date approached, COVID-19 began hitting the US and we had to stop planning everything and prepare for a possibility that we might need to change our wedding date. Alicia was incredible at keeping in touch with changes in Oregon and being flexible with every twist and turn. I have friends who were unable to reach their venues at all during the shutdown, but Alicia returned every email and initiated them (usually followed by a call to answer questions) with every change in the news and restrictions. A week before our wedding restrictions changed again and Alicia was on the ball ready to make adjustments to accommodate our wedding within protocols.

We are incredibly lucky and grateful we were able to have our intimate wedding on our planned date. We never planned for COVID prior to our wedding (obviously), but with the outdoor space and vast expanse of the venue, we were still able to have our fairytale wedding (while meeting every social distance/mask/COVID requirement for us, our guests and the venue). Alicia and the venue went to great effort and made several adjustments to make sure their staff and our attendees were safe while still enjoying a beautiful wedding & reception.

The day of the wedding Alicia kept us all on track and would silently appear, gently and patiently guiding us to our next timeline activity or even just bringing us food or a water to ensure we weren’t starving and dehydrated all day. She was absolutely the fairy godmother of this fairy tale! Being in front of the lake with the mountains and sunshine on our day felt like a Cinderella moment. I kept wanting to pinch myself to make sure it wasn’t a dream.

One of the groomsmen told us this was the best wedding he had EVER attended. A couple of our attendees said that we helped their families make memories at a place they never would have ventured or chosen, but each couldn’t wait to come back. I know the crazy looks we received when we told our invitees that we were venturing out of state to Black Butte Ranch, Oregon for our wedding for no other reason than we wanted to share the magic we found there with those we love. The joyful smiles and looks of awe on the face of our guests were proof enough that they had found the magic for themselves as well. There is a place... I wouldn’t change a single thing about our day and I owe it all to Alicia, Michelle, & the team at Black Butte Ranch. 10/10 HIGHLY RECOMMEND this location for ANY wedding!

• Cecelia

Cecelia C. · Married on 07/18/2020

Stunning location, outstanding service!

We were so pleased with our experience hosting our daughter's wedding reception at Black Butte Ranch. This was a last-minute decision due to COVID-19 restrictions, which had interrupted our original plans. Throughout the rather rushed booking and planning process, the staff was responsive, competent, and helpful. The service during the event was excellent, and the food, from the hors d'oeuvres to the entrees, was outstanding. The outdoor setting, of course, was stunning. It would be hard to find a more beautiful place for a wedding celebration.

Heidi · Married on 07/12/2020

Best elopement location

Exceptional service! There were so many pieces to put together and it was all done seamlessly.
    They took my wishes and ran with them, leaving me with an unforgettable day!
    I was so impressed with not only the staff of Black Butte, but the vendors they recommended as well. Their team is one every bride should have supporting her!

Tabatha J. · Married on 02/11/2020

Elopement/Small Wedding

We decided to get married in September but wanted to have it done by the end of this year so I started planning right away. I love the three sisters mountain range so the Sisters area was where I wanted to have our ceremony so I started reaching out to different venues. Black Butte Ranch was at the top of my list for venues and they were available on one of the dates I had in mind. We only had 10 people in our entire wedding so our wedding was considered an elopement (and because we wanted to do it on a Thursday). Everyone from Black Butte was very helpful in helping decide what to do from the timing of the day to the food to the music. Throughout the couple month process, I made a few changes from our original call and they were very gracious in helping us. On the day of, I was able to relax and enjoy the day, and my sister helped facilitate the final details with the help of Alicia & Michelle. A couple hours before the ceremony I decided to move the ceremony to the trees (due to the cloud cover and not being able to see the mountains) and the gals did it all by themselves. It looked great when it was go time. My wedding day was perfect despite the weather. I think this place is one place that it doesn't matter what the weather is, it will be beautiful no matter what. I can't wait to see pictures. Thank you all and I would definitely recommend having your wedding here (big or small).
    (pictures taken by black butte)

Sent on 11/19/2019
  • Carly

Carly P. · Married on 02/10/2020

COVID Wedding dreams came true!!

After COVID shut down our Washington State wedding, Black Butte stepped in and helped us throw our dream wedding! Everything was perfect, the food was amazing, Alicia was kind, caring, and helpful leading up to the day and throughout our entire wedding. Cannot recommend a wedding at BBR highly enough!

Sent on 10/21/2020
  • W

Warren S. · Married on 12/23/2019

Amazing winter wedding venue

We scheduled an elopement last minute and were treated like royalty. The venue, staff, food, and overall experience could not have been better. We laughed, we cried, and had the most perfect wedding experience with amazing photos to look at for years to come. Thank you so much to the Black Butte Ranch staff!

Sent on 12/31/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany M. · Married on 11/02/2019

The BEST venue

We loved it here and plan to go back! They were so flexible with us and worked with our needs to make it a perfect day! HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 04/02/2020
  • Carolyn

Carolyn G. · Married on 09/20/2019

Couldn’t have asked for a better day

My family has been coming to Black Butte Ranch since I was a baby, so a celebration at Black Butte felt a bit like a backyard wedding. Still, hosting an event at that scale can be intimidating, to say the least! Luckily, Black Butte made the process so smooth—the entire staff was wonderful to work with, and our coordinator (Alicia Boyd) was a calming + energizing presence throughout the whole process. She was extremely organized and patient with all of our requests, and everything came together more beautifully than I could have ever imagined! Moreover, many of our guests told us it was the best wedding food they’ve ever had, and the cake was AMAZING. Thank you, BBR, for a day we will never forget!

Sent on 10/05/2019
  • Kaye

Kaye · Married on 09/07/2019

September wedding at Black Butte Ranch

The venue is gorgeous with amazing panaromic views. My daughter fell in love with Black Butte Ranch as soon as she saw the gorgeous Sisters mountains. It was the perfect place for her wedding as many of the guest flew in from all over the US and were able to stay and play at BBR. Alicia our wedding coordinator was a pleasure to work with. She was efficient and so easy to work with. She advised us to rent a tent when thunder showers showed up in the forecast and worked seemlessly with the BBR staff to move tables and accommodate our guest. Once the rain cleared there was a gorgeous sunset that made for incredible photos. The chef out did himself with a yummy dinner of prime rib, salmon, raviolis and much more. Our guest raved about the food. We still have friends and family telling us this was the best wedding they have ever attended. Thank you Alicia and Black Butte Ranch for the most special day!

Sent on 10/07/2019

Corinne · Married on 08/10/2019

The Total Package!

The entire staff at Black Butte Ranch went above and beyond to make our wedding the most special day of our lives. We had incredible support from the staff at the rehearsal dinner not to mention the day of! Alicia and Michelle were absolutely incredible, responding to changing weather and special requests with urgency and care. Can't say enough about the venue, food, and staff!

Sent on 10/13/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 07/19/2019

Amazing People made my Important Day Perfect

Everyone keeps raving!! It was everything I could have dreamed of and more! Michelle was absolutely amazing and made me feel so relaxed and calm on my big day!! The relationship Michelle creates with my husband and I made it so I was at complete ease on my big day! The staff was amazing, the food was terrific, and the bar has officially been set for wedding experiences in my family!!

Sent on 08/01/2019
  • Cindy

Cindy T. · Married on 07/15/2019

Black Butte Ranch Michelle Caramagno / Esther Moore Wedding Specialist/Planner

Black Butte Ranch is a magical place. It was the perfect venue for my daughter's wedding. The location and views were amazing and the food and presentation was truly spectacular. There were so many people at the ranch that really helped with the process such as Brittany & Amanda. Plus I need to give special recognition to Michelle Caramagno the Event & Catering Sales Manager representing Black Butte Ranch. She was wonderful to work with, communicated well, and made sure we had the exceptional menu and presentation we had requested. She was also great at providing suggestions and really represented Black Butte Ranch so very well.
    The single BEST decision we made was to hire Esther Moore as our personal Wedding Specialist/Planner. I don't know what we would have done without her. Esther was the glue that held everything together. Weddings are so complicated and she knew just what we needed to do. Esther provided written timelines and communication between ourself and the venue, vendors, our families and the bridal party. She also created payment schedules to be sure vendors were paid on time. She was organizing things I didn't even think about. As a result, everyone knew what to expect and what they were supposed to do for the whole weekend. And when the wedding day came, Esther was there all day making sure everything was set up just as we planned. I believe Esther has around 32 years experience in this industry. She commands such respect from everyone she works with. She allowed all of us to do nothing more than enjoy our special event. If you are planning a wedding the first call I would make is to Esther Moore. She is incredible!!!

Sent on 07/15/2019
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 06/01/2019

Best views ever!

Black Butte Ranch was the venue of our DREAMS!!! We came out to the ranch to shoot our engagement photos and immediately fell in love with the view. Booking our wedding at BBR was the best decision we could’ve ever made! Michelle coordinated our wedding and made me feel completely at ease - she was incredibly professional, accommodating to our needs, and had everything under control on wedding day. BBR was incredibly flexible with our menu requests and we received so many compliments on the food! Our wedding was more than we ever could have dreamed of - great venue, great food, amazing views and the kindest staff!! 10/10 would recommend!

Sent on 06/08/2019

Sarah · Married on 02/09/2019

Perfect Winter Wedding!

We loved our winter wedding at Black Butte! I booked a spa day with my friends who all felt like they had had some of the best treatments they'd ever had. My friends and family were impressed with how responsive, professional, and friendly all of the staff were - from the bar to the management. The wedding coordinator was kind, flexible, and very easy to work with - looking to accommodate exactly what we were looking for. My friends and even my Mom had said it was one of the most relaxing weddings they had been to - with the cozy lodging and having everything available right there. Also, having a winter wedding is full of incentives to keep costs down, and we had the most beautiful, snowy, wintry day. I couldn't recommend Black Butte enough!

Sent on 02/21/2019