30 Reviews for Birchwood Manor

Specialty Wine (1)
Chair Covers (1)
Valet (1)
30 Birchwood Manor Reviews

The Birchwood Manor made our wedding dreams come true! The cocktail hour was out of this world! The reception was great and our captain Jason was very accommodating! Jason was professional and always knew what we needed with out asking. Mike made the planning process easy and made all of our visions come true! The venue was decorated beautifully! They added all my little touches and made sure I was happy! I would highly recommend the Birchwood Manor. Thank you for making our day the best!

Profile Picture Maria, 11/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Tables, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Barware, China, Chocolate Fountain, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cake, Clean Up, Bridal Suite, Liability Insurance, Set Up

My daughter and son-in-law initially loved the Birchwood Manor because of their grounds. Then we met the manager, Mr. Michael Marino III, who was absolutely wonderful. He was so enthusiastic and accommodating to the bride and groom's plans and expectations. The wedding took place in April 2017 and it was fantastic! The food was delicious and plentiful. The maitre d' and staff were so gracious and helpful. Everything was amazing, everyone had a phenomenal time, and I would highly recommend the Birchwood Manor for your wedding venue.

Profile Picture Nancy, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Chocolate Fountain, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Tables

Amazing service and the quality is amazing! Great place! Also gorgeous grounds! I had the most amazing day and the staff was a huge part of that! Accommodating and friendly all around! Plus the food was AMAZING!!

Profile Picture Krystal, 9/24/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Barware, China, Chocolate Fountain, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Set Up

The Birchwood Manor is a wonderful place to have a wedding and reception. From day 1 Michael and Farrell went above and beyond the call. Day of the wedding they were there for the whole thing. My family and friends are still talking about it.

Love Love Love that place.

Profile Picture Eileen, 9/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

From the moment I stepped on the property of the Birchwood Manor I knew that I wanted to be married there. It was a sunny day and I was in awe of the gorgeous gardens and extraordinary fountains. I knew it was the perfect backdrop for all of my wedding photos. Once I met the owner Michael Marino it was a done deal. He was so accommodating and beyond helpful. We became quick friends. He didn’t push me off on assistants when I called but took the time to go over every important detail of our very special day. When he was unavailable, MD stepped in to make sure nothing was overlooked. These two made the ideal team of wedding planning perfection. They put my mind at ease every step of the way and ensured that I enjoyed the planning process.

We were married Aug 13, 2016 on The East Lawn. The Pergola was just divine as our Ceremonial Site. The area looked nothing short of amazing. Then we went on to a Cocktail Hour in The Jefferson Ballroom that was fit for royalty. Our guests could not believe the magnificent spread. The presentation was artistic and inviting. Every morsel was tastier than the next. The chefs had really outdone themselves.

Our reception was in The Grand Ballroom. The dim lit chandeliers and candles made it a very romantic and elegant setting to continue our celebration as husband and wife. Its grand size left more than enough room for our 225 guests, dining tables, photo booth, DJ, and colossal dance floor which was packed all night long!

The staff at The Birchwood worked together so efficiently that our day was absolutely flawless. Our wedding was the spectacular event that I always dreamed it would be. Our family and friends continue to talk about the beauty of the venue, sensational staff, and delicious food! We were so pleased, that I am certain we will be back at The Birchwood Manor for future celebrations!

Profile Picture Christyn, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding on March 18,2016 at The Birchwood Manor was beyond perfect. Michael Marino, Mike (MD), Farrell, Jason, chefs, kitchen staff, wait staff, and the rest of the crew truly outdid themselves! The planning process was easy with Michael. His years of experience helped put us and our parents at ease and took lots of stress off of our plates. The cocktail hour was out of this world. Many of our guests thought it was dinner. Little did they know that they had a salad, a pasta course, an entree, and an array of desserts awaiting for them in the ballroom. The Grand Ballroom at Birchwood is absolutely breathtaking. The windows, exquisite chandeliers, crisp linens, and massive dance floor was just what we were looking for for our large wedding. The food was better than we imagined we would be able to get at any reception hall. There were so many choices when it came to picking our menus. People are still telling us how wonderful the food was and how much they ate. Our guests were full and happy all night long thanks to the Birchwood Manor chefs. I could go on forever and I want to share every detail, but just know you won't be disappointed when you book your wedding here. They have been in the business for a long time and their experience makes all the difference in a good wedding and a PERFECT wedding like ours. THANK YOU, BIRCHWOOD AND MARINO FAMILY! Our day was better than we could have ever dreamed of.

Profile Picture Noel, 3/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the first meeting up until our wedding day, working with Birchwood Manor was a true pleasure! After seeing the glamorous Jefferson Ballroom and the beautiful outdoor gardens, we knew this was the perfect venue for our upcoming Spring 2015 wedding. Throughout the planning process, we had the privilege of working with Robert, the banquet manager, who was very knowledgeable and upfront with us from the start, so we knew we could trust his expertise and guidance.

As the wedding day approached, the Birchwood Manor staff made everything so easy for us, working with all of our vendors to make sure everything was executed seamlessly when the big day came. When the wedding day arrived, we were floored by how perfectly it all went, thanks to the wonderful help of the staff. The ballroom was decorated beautifully, the outdoor grounds looked spectacular, and the food was truly out of this world! It was everything we had hoped it would be, and so much more. The maitre d', wait staff and bartenders all did an excellent job and were so attentive to everyone's needs, especially us, as the newlyweds. They even made sure they had our special Prosecco for us, and that our glasses were always full.

Even now, weeks later, our guests are still raving about what an amazing time they had, and how the food was the best they've ever had at any wedding! Looking back fondly on our special day now, we agree that there is nothing we would change, and we are so thrilled that we made the decision to hold our wedding at Birchwood Manor!

Profile Picture Marissa, 5/30/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Birchwood Manor was the perfect venue for my daughter's wedding. We were immediately attracted to the Jefferson ballroom due to its large size which allowed plenty of room for dancing and for movement between the tables. Robert, the banquet manager, was very accommodating with all of our requests and the staff did a fabulous job on the evening of the wedding. Our guests could not stop raving about the food at the cocktail hour which was very unique and plentiful! Thanks to the Birchwood Manor, my daughter's wedding was everything we could have imagined. I would highly recommend this venue.

Profile Picture Gloria, 5/30/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful grounds for pictures and food was very good.

Profile Picture Kelly, 7/20/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If we could give 10 STARS we would!!! I really can't even begin to describe how wonderful the Birchwood Manor made our wedding. They totally and completely blew any expectations we would ever have had, and created the best party! My parents got married at the Birchwood Manor 34 years ago, so it did hold a special place in our hearts to begin with, but it couldn't have been more amazing of an experience. This family owned venue feels welcoming from the get go.

Not only are the Maitre' d's the best in the business, everyone employed there was happy, helpful and finessed everything with love. From the initial meetings to the final run down, they were thoughtful in their questions, and really wanted to make it our day. Everyone was super responsive to calls or emails, and they made everything feel seamless the day of. None of our vendors had any trouble setting anything up.

Not only was the service incredible, the food was out of this world, and the cocktail hour food stations couldn't have been more beautifully set up. Our guests couldn't believe the amount of food options there were, and were enthusiastically trying everything.

We had our reception in the Jefferson room because we ended up with a large party of about 250, and the room was the perfect size so that people had table space and had room to move around the beautiful dance floor. Also, they have linens of all colors on hand, so they can match their room to anything the bride/groom is looking for.

The Maitre' d's and all of the service staff really took care of my husband and I the entire night, they even made sure that we ate our dinner! They totally understood the role of being host, and were always there with my or my husband's favorite drink, which was the classiest touch.

All our guests have continually told us it was the best wedding they have ever been to, and I hope that our review will give anyone or everyone the perfect place for their wedding. We couldn't be more happy :)

Profile Picture Danielle, 5/25/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

I had the most beautiful wedding at The Birchwood Manor. The staff was absolutely amazing and could not have done a better job. Everyone was so friendly and really cared about making my wedding day the best it could be. I recommend The Birchwood Manor to any bride that wants to have a beautiful wedding with the best staff and a stress-free day!

Profile Picture Brittni, 4/27/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amazing place. Would be even more perfect for a summer wedding. Very helpful staff. Definitely recommended to all my family and friends.

Profile Picture Puneet, 11/10/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I love love love the Birchwood! I worked with Robert during for the past 9 months and he couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating. He's also a complete joy to work with and I miss him now that I'm not emailing him multiple times a day. The venue is gorgeous and the staff are fantastic. Everyone was so helpful the day of the wedding, which is exactly what you need as a bride! All my guests raved about the food and the elegance of the grand ballroom. I assure you, this place will not disappoint!

Profile Picture A, 9/8/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Words cannot begin to describe how amazing my wedding was at Birchwood Manor. After visiting so many different venues, we ended up going back to Birchwood Manor based on our experience with Michael Marino. He was accommodating and willing to make any request work. I think our wedding went so smoothly due to his wonderful staff. Also, the venue is breathtaking. The gardens were filled with a colorful array of flowers. I caught many of my guests just taken a back by the beauty. The old world cham and gorgeous chandeliers inside were also breathtaking. All in all, I loved my wedding and couldn't have asked for a better venue.

Profile Picture User2398951, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough to reflect positively on Birchwood Manor.

This family owned venue has all the touches of being family owned -- personal service, warmth, friendliness - while still being highly professional. We worked with Michael every step of the way. We are pretty easygoing people (no bridezilla-like expectations here), but meticulous planners. It was important for me to get all the details ironed out in advance so that we could all relax and enjoy family and friends on the big day-of. Michael and his wonderful staff made that possible.

As an interracial couple having a big South Indian wedding, there were a lot of "little details!" Michael was responsive to questions, knowledgable, flexible and - important to us - had a great sense of humor, so that we all remembered to enjoy the wonderful aspects of a wedding, even while stressing a bit over all the planning. He helped us find space for changing, and informally allowed us in multiple times during the week of the wedding, when we wanted to look over last minute logistics, store a few items, etc.

We also loved that, unlike a hotel or multi-event venue, the Birchwood Manor dedicates the space to you and your guests for the wedding. So, we were able to "take over" the entire place for the day, and felt that our friends and family were truly welcomed and treated wonderfully throughout the day. There's something really lovely about that.

If the Birchwood Manor is the type of venue for you (budget, location, aesthetics, etc), don't think twice about booking them. You will be delighted with their service.

Profile Picture User4170637, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We visited Birchwood Manor on a recommendation from my parents who had been to weddings there. It was clearly the most economic choice from the places we visited, but there was something else. Robert, the Banquet Manager, made us immediately feel at home. Throughout the planning, Robert was priceless, making us feel special and important. That service continued to the day of the wedding. Our maitre'd, John was lovely and didn't miss a beat. The other servers were equally as conscientious. Besides that, the food was incredible! There was so much food at the cocktail hour and all of it was great. Dinner was equally tasty. They do your cake in house. We brought a bunch of pictures and explained to Robert what we wanted and we got exactly that. It was beautiful. I cannot speak highly enough of Birchwood Manor. The grounds also proved the perfect backdrop for our pictures.

Profile Picture User1589088, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I do not understand why there are such few reviews of this place. It is WONDERFUL!!!! The Birchwood Manor is gorgeous for an outdoor wedding or for wedding pictures. There is 20 acres of land including a pond with the cute bridge, a gazebo, fountains, and lots and lots of land use. I cannot wait to see the pictures we took. After meeting with Michael Marino on my first visit there, he became my go to man. He was extremely personable and he was there from the 1st day I met him, to the end of my wedding night. How much more attention would you want?? He even let my husband and I take our engagement pictures there so I could get a feel for the place, rather than run around on our wedding day exploring. I never got nervous or worried about the reception site. The website does not show the beauty of this place, so you have to take a trip to see it yourself. Also the interior is rustic, but with your choice of centerpieces and uplighting you can make it more modern. I honestly would want to use this place for every event. The food was amazing, so many of my friends and family told me the following day how much they enjoyed cocktail hour. I had guests asking where I bought my cake from (it was vanilla/chocolate with cannoili filling, they could not believe it came from the Birchwood Manor. The maitre’d acted like a grandpa to me, and always made sure we had our food and even wrapped up our food to go so we could take some of the pastries and dinner home with us. The Birchwood manor has very accommodating and caring people since it’s a family owned business. You will be treated like a king and queen, check this place out!

Profile Picture michele, 9/17/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything was perfect! I highly recommend working with Robert specifically- he was amazing and really took care of us. Everyone had a great time and couldn't have raved more about the food and decor.

Profile Picture Melanie, 9/18/10, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Met first with Michael, were able to be open about our budget and he worked with us to get us to a place we were comfortable and gave us a beautiful reception with fantastic food. Getting married on a Friday definitely made it possible, we wouldn't have been able to afford this gorgeous place on Saturday night prices! We were really lucky, ours was the only event on the day we got married, so we took pictures all over the property.

We were able to do a rehearsal the day before in the space, drop things off in the week prior. Staff was polite and prompt in responses, only difficulty was some of the paperwork (seating charts, lists for maitre'd to announce, etc) was difficult to fill out and return because it was in some sort of view-only PDF.

Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Guenevere, 8/13/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Premium Liquor

We fell in love with Birchwood Manor, and working with Michael was wonderful! Everything from the pre-planning to the actual wedding day went so smoothly and beautifully. The Grand Ballroom was beautifully set up and the staff during cocktail was friendly and attentive. We had the wedding ceremony outside and everything was set up exactly how we asked and the lawn was well maintained. Michael made sure everything went smoothly and was very accommodating to some last minute changes. I would highly recommend Birchwood Manor! :)

Profile Picture Kalpita, 8/7/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our guests were raving about the service, the food, the beauty of Birchwood Manor at the wedding. During the wedding they were posting photos to FaceBook. After the wedding we had calls from so many of our guests to say it was the best wedding they had been to in years.
We had a delightfully sunny day and were married in the West Gazebo - the weather was perfect for an outside ceremony. The fountains and flowers and the beautiful slate path and the gorgeous chairs made the ceremony quite spectacular.
The cocktail hour, held in the garden room and out on the terrace, was fabulous. Servers passed hot hors d'oeuvres which were amazing.
The receptions was in the ballroom - I can't wait to see the photographer's proofs - all the chandeliers and the mirrors - light was bouncing off the walls and made for some beautiful amateur photos. The food was superb - especially the shrimp/clams/lobster/oyster cart! The service was impeccable and our Maitre D' was so attentive to every detail. The wait staff couldn't do enough for everyone and the bartenders were great. It seemed as though Birchwood Manor's staff were enjoying their jobs as much as we were enjoying our day!
I must rave about the food - we had a buffet with carving and pasta stations. The food was ***** (that is 5 stars)!
My husband and I still feel as though we are on Cloud Nine - we can't stop talking about the wedding because we had so much fun and our guests had such a great day.
WOW - What a great memorable day you gave us, Birchwood Manor!

Profile Picture JOANN, 6/23/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue made my dream wedding come true. Michael was so easy to work with and he really bent over backwards for me. The guests ranted and raved about how much and the quality of food! After the cocktail hour some of the guest couldnt believe there was a three course meal to follow! The cake that I had in mind was completely unique and never attempted by the baker before. He nailed it!! It was a picture out of a magazine and I heard so many compliments from my guests. Fantastic experience

Profile Picture User2725110, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Very nice place. Great food!
Beautiful places for wedding pictures.

Profile Picture Ellen, 8/30/08, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Photography

Birchwood Manor is definitely the place for a wedding reception! It has beautiful grounds for taking pictures, nothing but elegance inside, great food and excellent and professional service. We worked with Robert and he is amazing to work with. He's professional, yet easy going with what you want and really goes above and beyond! Everyone raved about the food and how beautiful Birchwood Manor is!

Profile Picture Melissa, 9/17/10, 3 Reviews