Birchwood Manor Reviews

39 | Whippany, NJ

39 Reviews for Birchwood Manor

• Anoli

Anoli Patel · Getting married on 08/10/2020

Celebrated our 25th Anniversary at the same venue we got married!

25 years ago we got married at Birchwood Manor because it was the most beautiful venue of its time. We had 600 guests and it was one of the first Indian weddings to take place at Birchwood. So when it came time to celebrate our 25th Anniversary, it was important to relive those special memories. We brought back all our guests along with the same vendors from our wedding. It was a wonderful and magical reunion. All thanks go to the 3 generations of family ownership at Birchwood. They took magnificent care of us back then, and they did it again now!

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Gina

Gina · Married on 10/13/2019

Timeless elegance at it's finest

We had the pleasure of getting married here!  There is not enough good things I could say about the space and the staff. We had an interfaith wedding in the large pergola and it was such a good choice. The pergola is a beautiful space on it's own but with the help of the staff, it was transformed into such an elegant and expansive space to fit my almost 200 guests to witness our marriage! So so lovely. And what a great backdrop for photos. If you are looking for a venue with incredible food, look no further. My guests were blown away by the expanse of delicious food with such an awesome presentation. We had the deluxe cocktail hour and they really delivered. If food is what you want to splurge on, do it here. Our reception was in the grand ballroom which is such a timeless and elegant space. Michael and Farrel did such an amazing job helping me transform the space with my decor. The thing that really blew me away was how the staff went so above and beyond to help the day beautiful and stress free as possible. They took time to do little details for me on my sweetheart table and even custom designed table numbers for me (which I forgot). They were so attentive and communicative during the reception it really made us feel special... like we were royalty! My guests were talking about the elegance of the whole day and the food for weeks after. Highly recommend this for any event but if you looking for an indoor and outdoor ceremony and reception, look no further.

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Jesus

Jesus A. Ceballos, Jr. · Married on 08/17/2019

A Superbly Wonderful Wedding!

The folks at Birchwood manor are total professionals and made our wedding day absolutely fantastic. They're always professional, courteous, and kind. Their service is impeccable and the food is out of this world. The grounds there are stunning, be sure to explore the place a little before the big day. There's many nooks and crannies and larger areas all around to inspire great photo ideas, try take full advantage of them with your photographer. They have wonderful areas on site if you're looking to have your ceremony there as well, in case you want everything done at one venue. Their ballrooms are beautiful and are decorated with breathtakingly gorgeous chandeliers. Don't be shy if there's anything you want, just ask about it and I'm sure they'll be more than able to accommodate whatever you may need as they did for my wife and I. From custom ice sculptures to a very custom and wonderfully decorated (not to mention delicious) cake, they helped make our day that much more special. If there's anything else I can say is that when you're there as a guest at a wedding, as we were a year prior to our own, hosting there yourself, or just visiting for an appointment, they make you feel like family. We can't wait to come back to host another event, hopefully a baby shower sometime soon!

Sent on 10/19/2019
  • SJ Braves

Sj Braves · Married on 07/27/2019

The Birchwood Manor, Whippany, NJ: 2 thumbs up

We could not have been happier with the results of our choice to have our daughter’s wedding at the Birchwood Manor. The grounds were lovely and the Jefferson Room looked magnificent and magical. The cocktail hour was tremendous. Countless guests commented and complimented on the quality and quantity of the choices. Every detail that we expressed to Farrell, our maître d’, was carried out to the letter. We were treated like family and every request was honored. I am grateful to the staff at the Birchwood Manor for making this day stress free so that we were able to enjoy this special occasion with our friends and family.

Sent on 08/05/2019

Karen Berry · Married on 07/20/2019

The Birchwood Manor was fantastic!

Karen and I were simply astounded by how perfect our wedding reception evolved at the Birchwood Manor in Whippany, From the very first time we spoke with Farrell and Mike right through to the completion of our spectacular evening, they and the staff were absolutely fabulous! We were treated with great interest in our theme (we were married on the moon landing 50th anniversary) and cooperation, diligence, and patience to help create and fulfill our dream event.
    We were treated like family (maybe royalty is a better description)! Prior to our big day, Mike and Farrell were always available to answer questions and provide experienced guidance. During the event, the staff did a wonderful job and were most unobtrusive. The food was magnificent with an amazing variety of choice delicacies, much to the delight of our guests. We received so many compliments on the beautifully decorated rooms, the food, and the staff! Everyone had a truly wonderful night.
    We recommend this venue most highly for anyone planning a special day.
    A fantastic experience –
    Wonderful staff led by Mike and Farrell
    Divinely delicious food with so many choices
    Beautiful cocktail room and ballroom
    We definitely were ‘over the moon and back!’

Sent on 09/14/2019
  • Deepa

Deepa · Married on 06/23/2019

Highly Recommend!!

I cannot express enough the wonderful experience my husband and I had at Birchwood Manor for our multicultural wedding! From the very beginning, our Maitre D’ Farrell was so welcoming, patient, and professional. Our wedding was the first for both of our families, so it was extremely helpful having a calm and confident wedding coordinator to guide us through all the planning stages. Farrell brought the calming energy we needed, making the planning process very enjoyable.
    The venue is beautiful! Our guests commented on the charming and elegant décor, as well as the breathtaking outdoor landscaping. We really felt like winners finding a venue that was beautiful both indoors and outdoors!
    We got married on June 23, 2019. Our wedding day was absolutely PERFECT! Farrell did an amazing job keeping us on schedule. She was extremely attentive and made sure we had time for the things we planned, such as sneaking away for a brief nighttime photo session. The Birchwood staff did an excellent job transforming the event space for our ceremony and reception. All the rooms at Birchwood are gorgeous. We especially loved the Greenery, an atrium surrounded by plants, with sunlight pouring in through large windows. This was definitely a unique space for our cocktail hour. The Jefferson ballroom was the perfect room for our ceremony and reception. Our families and friends love to dance, and the spacious ballroom gave us a comfortable space—even when our entire party was out on the dance floor!
    We were lucky to have beautiful weather and enjoyed taking photos outside by the fountains and archways. All the food provided by Birchwood Manor (cocktail hour, dinner, dessert and cake) was AMAZING and our guests noted that as well. It was such a pleasure working with Farrell and the entire Birchwood team! You can tell they love what they do and genuinely care about making your day unforgettable. We highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 08/04/2019

Dana Gregory · Married on 06/22/2019

The BEST-wood Manor

We recently had our wedding at the Birchwood Manor and couldn't have asked for a better venue! The ballrooms and grounds are absolutely gorgeous, the staff was very accommodating with all of our requests, and the food was to die for. Michael was always on top of every detail and made sure the wedding ran perfectly, leaving us stress free to enjoy our big day.

Sent on 08/13/2019

Lauren · Married on 10/14/2018

Bride - wedding at Birchwood Manor

My husband and I got married at Birchwood Manor a couple of weeks ago. Farrell was our Maitre d’ and she was just amazing. I had a lot of things I had made to be placed in certain spots for the wedding and was nervous about the set up. Farrell set everything up without asking any questions and it was all perfect. She also made sure everything ran smoothly on the day of and kept all our vendors in check. My father kept commenting on how good she was.

The food on the day of was spectacular. We did a chocolate fountain add on which turned out amazing and everyone raved about the cake, which was designed to a T based on the photograph provided.

The grounds at Birchwood are just beautiful. Our wedding was in October and we were worried about the weather. Nevertheless, we were able to have our wedding outside, although a solid plan B option was made available.

All-in-all Birchwood made our wedding day a truly special and beautiful day and I would not have changed anything and certainly wouldn’t have picked anywhere else to have my wedding. One thing in particular that I liked about Birchwood was that they worked with me and my husband as far as the size of our party went and did not make us feel like our wedding was inferior because it was on the smaller size unlike other venues.

Sent on 10/26/2018

Maria · Married on 11/25/2017

The Birchwood Manor made our wedding dreams come true! The cocktail hour was out of this world! The reception was great and our captain Jason was very accommodating! Jason was professional and always knew what we needed with out asking. Mike made the planning process easy and made all of our visions come true! The venue was decorated beautifully! They added all my little touches and made sure I was happy! I would highly recommend the Birchwood Manor. Thank you for making our day the best!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Nancy · Married on 04/29/2017

My daughter and son-in-law initially loved the Birchwood Manor because of their grounds. Then we met the manager, Mr. Michael Marino III, who was absolutely wonderful. He was so enthusiastic and accommodating to the bride and groom's plans and expectations. The wedding took place in April 2017 and it was fantastic! The food was delicious and plentiful. The maitre d' and staff were so gracious and helpful. Everything was amazing, everyone had a phenomenal time, and I would highly recommend the Birchwood Manor for your wedding venue.

Sent on 08/03/2017

Andrea · Married on 04/08/2017

There are absolutely no words for how happy and thankful we are for Birchwood Manor and Mike, along with all the staff! We chose this venue and from day one they did nothing but do everything to accommodate us. Not only is the venue beautiful but the food and service is absolutely 5 stars!! We nor our family had ever been to a wedding here and can honestly say there were times we thought "could this menu be too good to be true?" "Will the food be top quality?", "How's the service?" Every time we met with Mike, he made everything so easy for us and since day one we trusted him with our wedding day. Fast forward to two days ago, we both could not have asked for a more beautiful night, amazing service, and absolutely incredible food. The minute we walked into our cocktail hour, people were raving about how plentiful and delicious the food was. When we got a first look at our room (Grand Ballroom) we were at a loss for words. It was more beautiful than we had ever expected it to be. The staff that night was incredible and our Maitre D, Jason, was always around to see what we needed without us ever having to look for him or do anything ourselves. INCREDIBLE, which is exactly why I did not want to wait to write this. There were times prior to the wedding we felt extremely, oddly, calm and actually said "It's because of Mike, its all covered". And the cake!...how stunning. Another part of the night that was more beautiful than I could've ever imagined. Thank you to the Birchwood Manor!! We are so thankful for having shared our day with you guys.

Sent on 04/10/2017

Krystal · Married on 09/24/2016

Amazing service and the quality is amazing! Great place! Also gorgeous grounds! I had the most amazing day and the staff was a huge part of that! Accommodating and friendly all around! Plus the food was AMAZING!!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Eileen · Married on 09/01/2016

The Birchwood Manor is a wonderful place to have a wedding and reception. From day 1 Michael and Farrell went above and beyond the call. Day of the wedding they were there for the whole thing. My family and friends are still talking about it.

Love Love Love that place.

Sent on 09/02/2016

Christyn · Married on 08/13/2016

From the moment I stepped on the property of the Birchwood Manor I knew that I wanted to be married there. It was a sunny day and I was in awe of the gorgeous gardens and extraordinary fountains. I knew it was the perfect backdrop for all of my wedding photos. Once I met the owner Michael Marino it was a done deal. He was so accommodating and beyond helpful. We became quick friends. He didn’t push me off on assistants when I called but took the time to go over every important detail of our very special day. When he was unavailable, MD stepped in to make sure nothing was overlooked. These two made the ideal team of wedding planning perfection. They put my mind at ease every step of the way and ensured that I enjoyed the planning process.

We were married Aug 13, 2016 on The East Lawn. The Pergola was just divine as our Ceremonial Site. The area looked nothing short of amazing. Then we went on to a Cocktail Hour in The Jefferson Ballroom that was fit for royalty. Our guests could not believe the magnificent spread. The presentation was artistic and inviting. Every morsel was tastier than the next. The chefs had really outdone themselves.

Our reception was in The Grand Ballroom. The dim lit chandeliers and candles made it a very romantic and elegant setting to continue our celebration as husband and wife. Its grand size left more than enough room for our 225 guests, dining tables, photo booth, DJ, and colossal dance floor which was packed all night long!

The staff at The Birchwood worked together so efficiently that our day was absolutely flawless. Our wedding was the spectacular event that I always dreamed it would be. Our family and friends continue to talk about the beauty of the venue, sensational staff, and delicious food! We were so pleased, that I am certain we will be back at The Birchwood Manor for future celebrations!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Noel · Married on 03/18/2016

Our wedding on March 18,2016 at The Birchwood Manor was beyond perfect. Michael Marino, Mike (MD), Farrell, Jason, chefs, kitchen staff, wait staff, and the rest of the crew truly outdid themselves! The planning process was easy with Michael. His years of experience helped put us and our parents at ease and took lots of stress off of our plates. The cocktail hour was out of this world. Many of our guests thought it was dinner. Little did they know that they had a salad, a pasta course, an entree, and an array of desserts awaiting for them in the ballroom. The Grand Ballroom at Birchwood is absolutely breathtaking. The windows, exquisite chandeliers, crisp linens, and massive dance floor was just what we were looking for for our large wedding. The food was better than we imagined we would be able to get at any reception hall. There were so many choices when it came to picking our menus. People are still telling us how wonderful the food was and how much they ate. Our guests were full and happy all night long thanks to the Birchwood Manor chefs. I could go on forever and I want to share every detail, but just know you won't be disappointed when you book your wedding here. They have been in the business for a long time and their experience makes all the difference in a good wedding and a PERFECT wedding like ours. THANK YOU, BIRCHWOOD AND MARINO FAMILY! Our day was better than we could have ever dreamed of.

Sent on 04/29/2016

Marissa · Married on 05/30/2015

From the first meeting up until our wedding day, working with Birchwood Manor was a true pleasure! After seeing the glamorous Jefferson Ballroom and the beautiful outdoor gardens, we knew this was the perfect venue for our upcoming Spring 2015 wedding. Throughout the planning process, we had the privilege of working with Robert, the banquet manager, who was very knowledgeable and upfront with us from the start, so we knew we could trust his expertise and guidance.

As the wedding day approached, the Birchwood Manor staff made everything so easy for us, working with all of our vendors to make sure everything was executed seamlessly when the big day came. When the wedding day arrived, we were floored by how perfectly it all went, thanks to the wonderful help of the staff. The ballroom was decorated beautifully, the outdoor grounds looked spectacular, and the food was truly out of this world! It was everything we had hoped it would be, and so much more. The maitre d', wait staff and bartenders all did an excellent job and were so attentive to everyone's needs, especially us, as the newlyweds. They even made sure they had our special Prosecco for us, and that our glasses were always full.

Even now, weeks later, our guests are still raving about what an amazing time they had, and how the food was the best they've ever had at any wedding! Looking back fondly on our special day now, we agree that there is nothing we would change, and we are so thrilled that we made the decision to hold our wedding at Birchwood Manor!

Sent on 06/23/2015

Gloria · Married on 05/30/2015

The Birchwood Manor was the perfect venue for my daughter's wedding. We were immediately attracted to the Jefferson ballroom due to its large size which allowed plenty of room for dancing and for movement between the tables. Robert, the banquet manager, was very accommodating with all of our requests and the staff did a fabulous job on the evening of the wedding. Our guests could not stop raving about the food at the cocktail hour which was very unique and plentiful! Thanks to the Birchwood Manor, my daughter's wedding was everything we could have imagined. I would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 06/30/2015

Kelly · Married on 07/20/2013

Beautiful grounds for pictures and food was very good.

Sent on 07/21/2013

Danielle · Married on 05/25/2013

If we could give 10 STARS we would!!! I really can't even begin to describe how wonderful the Birchwood Manor made our wedding. They totally and completely blew any expectations we would ever have had, and created the best party! My parents got married at the Birchwood Manor 34 years ago, so it did hold a special place in our hearts to begin with, but it couldn't have been more amazing of an experience. This family owned venue feels welcoming from the get go.

Not only are the Maitre' d's the best in the business, everyone employed there was happy, helpful and finessed everything with love. From the initial meetings to the final run down, they were thoughtful in their questions, and really wanted to make it our day. Everyone was super responsive to calls or emails, and they made everything feel seamless the day of. None of our vendors had any trouble setting anything up.

Not only was the service incredible, the food was out of this world, and the cocktail hour food stations couldn't have been more beautifully set up. Our guests couldn't believe the amount of food options there were, and were enthusiastically trying everything.

We had our reception in the Jefferson room because we ended up with a large party of about 250, and the room was the perfect size so that people had table space and had room to move around the beautiful dance floor. Also, they have linens of all colors on hand, so they can match their room to anything the bride/groom is looking for.

The Maitre' d's and all of the service staff really took care of my husband and I the entire night, they even made sure that we ate our dinner! They totally understood the role of being host, and were always there with my or my husband's favorite drink, which was the classiest touch.

All our guests have continually told us it was the best wedding they have ever been to, and I hope that our review will give anyone or everyone the perfect place for their wedding. We couldn't be more happy :)

Sent on 07/28/2013

Brittni · Married on 04/27/2013

I had the most beautiful wedding at The Birchwood Manor. The staff was absolutely amazing and could not have done a better job. Everyone was so friendly and really cared about making my wedding day the best it could be. I recommend The Birchwood Manor to any bride that wants to have a beautiful wedding with the best staff and a stress-free day!

Sent on 05/14/2013

Puneet · Married on 11/10/2012

Amazing place. Would be even more perfect for a summer wedding. Very helpful staff. Definitely recommended to all my family and friends.

Sent on 11/28/2012

I love love love the Birchwood! I worked with Robert during for the past 9 months and he couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating. He's also a complete joy to work with and I miss him now that I'm not emailing him multiple times a day. The venue is gorgeous and the staff are fantastic. Everyone was so helpful the day of the wedding, which is exactly what you need as a bride! All my guests raved about the food and the elegance of the grand ballroom. I assure you, this place will not disappoint!

Sent on 10/02/2012

Words cannot begin to describe how amazing my wedding was at Birchwood Manor. After visiting so many different venues, we ended up going back to Birchwood Manor based on our experience with Michael Marino. He was accommodating and willing to make any request work. I think our wedding went so smoothly due to his wonderful staff. Also, the venue is breathtaking. The gardens were filled with a colorful array of flowers. I caught many of my guests just taken a back by the beauty. The old world cham and gorgeous chandeliers inside were also breathtaking. All in all, I loved my wedding and couldn't have asked for a better venue.

Sent on 09/20/2012

I cannot say enough to reflect positively on Birchwood Manor.

This family owned venue has all the touches of being family owned -- personal service, warmth, friendliness - while still being highly professional. We worked with Michael every step of the way. We are pretty easygoing people (no bridezilla-like expectations here), but meticulous planners. It was important for me to get all the details ironed out in advance so that we could all relax and enjoy family and friends on the big day-of. Michael and his wonderful staff made that possible.

As an interracial couple having a big South Indian wedding, there were a lot of "little details!" Michael was responsive to questions, knowledgable, flexible and - important to us - had a great sense of humor, so that we all remembered to enjoy the wonderful aspects of a wedding, even while stressing a bit over all the planning. He helped us find space for changing, and informally allowed us in multiple times during the week of the wedding, when we wanted to look over last minute logistics, store a few items, etc.

We also loved that, unlike a hotel or multi-event venue, the Birchwood Manor dedicates the space to you and your guests for the wedding. So, we were able to "take over" the entire place for the day, and felt that our friends and family were truly welcomed and treated wonderfully throughout the day. There's something really lovely about that.

If the Birchwood Manor is the type of venue for you (budget, location, aesthetics, etc), don't think twice about booking them. You will be delighted with their service.

Sent on 06/12/2014

We visited Birchwood Manor on a recommendation from my parents who had been to weddings there. It was clearly the most economic choice from the places we visited, but there was something else. Robert, the Banquet Manager, made us immediately feel at home. Throughout the planning, Robert was priceless, making us feel special and important. That service continued to the day of the wedding. Our maitre'd, John was lovely and didn't miss a beat. The other servers were equally as conscientious. Besides that, the food was incredible! There was so much food at the cocktail hour and all of it was great. Dinner was equally tasty. They do your cake in house. We brought a bunch of pictures and explained to Robert what we wanted and we got exactly that. It was beautiful. I cannot speak highly enough of Birchwood Manor. The grounds also proved the perfect backdrop for our pictures.

Sent on 06/28/2012