Bill's Toupee Reviews

41 Reviews for Bill's Toupee

Bill's Toupee 1
Bill's Toupee 2

Ariel · Married on 10/22/2011

Bill’s Toupee Rocks!! That’s all we have to say but we will give you more because everyone that is getting married should have them play their wedding. We were looking for a band that was more party than traditional wedding. We wanted contemporary with enough standards that our parents and their friends would enjoy. We got both and more - from Cat Stevens, Lady Gaga, Coldplay, Billy Joel and even Toto (that’s right, they broke out Africa by Toto) the whole place was dancing from beginning to end. We had a 130 guests and if everyone that we talked to didn’t come up and ask who the band was I would be shocked. They got the party going with a great Hora that led into Black Eyed Peas, PINK and Bon Jovi. They were the exact band we were looking for and delivered on all accounts. They handled the MC duties to perfection and worked with all of the vendors we hired to make sure the wedding ran smooth. I would be remiss to not mention that Mike, the band leader played our ceremony and learned a new song for our procession. He played Coldplay “til kingdome come” masterfully and the whole place was in awe, it was special.

We can’t say enough about how great our wedding was with Bill’s Toupee. Desiree, Mike and the rest of the band are top notch. Hire them, dance with them and have a great time partying with them. You won’t regret it. Feel free to write us with any thoughts or if you want to hear more.

Sent on 11/08/2011

Meghan · Married on 09/24/2011

Bill's Toupee played at my wedding in Schodack in September. It is now almost the end of January and I am still getting compliments from friends and family members on how amazing the band was! Of the over 250 people at our wedding, 99% of them were on the dance floor the entire night. I can't say enough how great these guys made my wedding!

Sent on 01/27/2012

Hilary · Married on 08/20/2011

Bill's Toupee played for my husband at I at our wedding this past weekend. I think the best compliment I can give is that the dance floor was packed all night long! Over half of our guests were still on the dance floor, late in the evening for the final song of our reception.
    Our friends and family were having so much fun! We conga-lined and sang and the band kept the enrgy high from the beginning of the evening until the very last song.

We contacted Bill's Toupee after a recommendation from oru reception venue, and their responsiveness to our initial request confirmed from the beginning that they were the right choice. Mike responded to evey request, question, and sent song clips so that I could here various songs. They made sure that we had everything we wanted from our introduction song, to the all important first dance, and made sure that the last song was one that would have us all singing.

They were professional and kind. They were flexible and worked around a small hitch in the start time of the reception with our reception manager. They knew the space, they made sure we were organized, and they even provided lights! It was awesome! Their attention to detail and their love of music made the night.

I can only say, if you need a band, this is the one!
    Bill's Toupee went above and beyond our every expectation. We danced the night away and it was a wonderful experience. Our reception was everything we dreamed thanks in large part to Bill's Toupee. I have several friends who are getting married in the near future and I only hope we're lucky enough to get to see Bill's Toupee again!

Sent on 08/27/2011

mary · Married on 08/13/2011

"OH WHAT A NIGHT"... Bill's Toupee played for our daughter and her husband at their wedding this past weekend. My phone has been ringing off the hook...people raved about them! The dance floor was packed, people were having fun and dancing, singing, laughing - you name it....Bill's Toupee made that wedding one to remember!

The dance floor was so busy! People were having so much fun! From the moment we walked in...they had the pulse of the crowd and people were just having fun!

Now, we all know weddings are expensive, well this band was affordable, they responded to every phone call and e-mail with a quick response back. They KNEW YOU....they took the time to get to know us, the bride and the groom, they knew the venue, what would work best for the rooom, they were WONDERFUL! They were professional and smooth, they were flexible and worked around our changing times. I am telling you....when you are planning a wedding, things can get tense, especially in the last days. Well, Mike made it so easy, he said he had it covered and he did!

I can only say, if you are planning a wedding and you want a band that is affordable, professional, responsive, a great value and offers flexibility - then Bill's Toupee is the band for your event!

Hands down...this band went above and beyond our expectations of what a band should be like, they were just perfect...just perfect!

One last closing comment...You could tell Bill's Toupee LOVES what they do...it just shined through out the night, they even hooked up and included a light show on the ceiling...that offered a real dreamy feel to the evening. I cannot say enough about them...I just needed to pass it along to others. I think they are the best kept secret in the Hudson Valley! By the way, my other daughter caught the bouquet and I think you all know what band we will be using!

Enjoy planning your event!

Sent on 08/15/2011

Michael · Married on 10/17/2010

Mike,

I hope all the people that raved to us about you guys actually told you how great you all were. It was kind of funny how the feedback all sounded just about the same. The place/view was amazing, the food was fantastic, and the band kicked butt (or some variation of rocking). We knew going into this that we had an all-star lineup, but you always hope all the effort and plans come together when they need to, and in our case they did. We couldn't have hoped for better.

We got a bunch of positive feedback about the lights also. Anyone thinking of using them should do it without hesitation. The people on the dance floor at first were looking at themselves and the ground mesmorized by the display and effects until they realized what it was, and kept on dancing. And many thanks for letting our neighbor Andy sit in on a couple of songs.

If anyone contacts you that is on the fence about who to use as a band, tell them to call/e-mail me, and I will recommend you 10,000%. We couldn't be more pleased about not only the band's performance, but the ease of the transaction and the flexibility and patience you showed us. You took the worry out of the musical portion of planning the wedding.

Many thanks again,

Cheryl & Michael Lachant

Sent on 10/21/2010

Kimberly · Married on 08/07/2010

Bill's Toupee Band did a fantastic job for our wedding! Mike was extremely helpful and we couldn't have been happier with our choice. We received so many great compliments about the band- even from my cousin who can be the harshest music critic! Our first dance was to "At Last" and several guests commented on how Desiree did an amazing job singing it. They also accommodated some last minute song requests from my mother & mother-in-law, including a tribute song to my deceased father which I greatly appreciated. They perfectly embodied the spirit of our wedding- elegant but also fun & laid back. There were no cheesy antics- just GREAT music. I would highly recommend them for any event!

Sent on 10/16/2010

Susan · Married on 10/11/2009

Can i give them higher than a 5? These guys were fantastic. Everyone was up dancing at our wedding having a grand time. Someone asked me if they ever took a break and i had to point out when - no one noticed the switch. I kept turning around being amazed that the sound was a live band. Everything went so well with them I cannot recommend them enough. If you have the chance see them live (the website does them okay but the whole experience is so much more live). Wonderful to work with.

Sent on 11/03/2009

Erin · Married on 09/05/2009

Bills Toupee was absolutely AMAZING!!! We had a very large wedding and people were dancing the entire night. Not only did they play at our reception, but I also used their services for my ceremony and cocktail hour. They were so easy to work with and played every single song that we asked for. Our guests were able to play the cowbell and tambourine with the band!! We received so many compliments on the music at our wedding and it was all due to this band. They are fantastic - you cannot go wrong with Bills Toupee!!

Sent on 10/12/2009

Jamie · Married on 02/28/2009

They were hands down our absolute favorite band of any we had seen at weddings previously, and they continue to blow others out of the water after our wedding! This is the one thing we didn't shop around for because we KNEW there were no other options. They did not disappoint the day of our wedding and everyone is still talking about how fabulous they are. They hold true to their promise of no cheese and they do everything with class, especially introductions (which are still so much fun).

Sent on 06/23/2010

Brita · Married on 05/10/2008

Besides getting married, definitely the best part of our wedding! This is an amazing band, MC, entertainment center all in one! I am SO grateful we were able to get them!! They definitely made the night!

Sent on 10/27/2008
  • Brian

Brian Donovan · Married on 07/07/2019

What a show!

Our wedding would not have been so memorable without Bill's Toupee! Mike was extremely flexible in terms of what we were looking for leading up to the big day. We had some special requests in which he and the band were able to easily accommodate. We were a little anxious going into the wedding since most of the communication was done through e-mail and we wanted to make sure our plan was clearly understood. But we were blown away at how well the band was able to take the day and run with it. All of our special requests were on point, and we did not have to worry at all about controlling the music. They know exactly what type of music to play and when to play it. They clearly have a ton of experience reading the crowd and when it was time to dance, they played all the right music and were feeding off the energy of all our guests having a great time!

Several of our guests were sure to get the name of the band as it truly was a phenomenal show that we all will never forget! If you go with Bill's Toupee you can feel great about relaxing on the big day and letting the band do the rest.

Also.. a special shout out to the lead singers Delecia and John who really brought our night to another level when joining us all on the dance floor while continuing to sing/play! All the members of the band are extremely talented and the music was phenomenal!

Sent on 07/27/2019

Dave · Married on 09/24/2017

Bill's Toupee was the perfect band to play our wedding. They were professional, easy to communicate with, and the best part is that they ROCKED the dance floor ;)

Sent on 11/30/2017

Nicole · Married on 05/29/2010

These guys made our wedding! They are very current and are willing to play just about anything for you. Highly recommend them! All of my guests commented on how much fun this band was and the dance floor was never empty!

Sent on 06/16/2010

Cheryl · Married on 10/07/2017

This is the second time we’ve had the pleasure of working with Mike Mindel and the band, Bill’s Toupee. The were very accommodating regarding song requests, pace of the evening and knowing how to get everyone dancing. They are professional and know what is needed to insure an affair that flows from start to finish!
    No worries when it comes to that part of planning a wedding!

Sent on 11/18/2017

Dana · Married on 09/16/2017

They are a great wedding band. They had everyone dancing all night. Great vibe and energy.

Sent on 11/22/2017

Jesse · Married on 08/26/2017

These guys were amazing. Everyone loved them and gave good reviews.

Sent on 11/20/2017