Bill's Toupee Reviews

48 | Poughkeepsie, NY

48 Reviews for Bill's Toupee

Kevin Sullivan · Married on 12/31/2019

New Year's Eve Wedding

This band will not disappoint. Absolute pros. They are excellent musicians, made great song selections and also super easy to work with during planning. The energy and fun they bring to the room is absolutely electric. Our party wouldn’t have been half the fun without them.

Guest were raving as they danced straight through until the final song. They will make your wedding one to remember!

Thanks Mike and crew!

Sent on 01/05/2020
  • Roksana

Roksana · Married on 10/19/2019

Big dance floor energy!

It's been a month since our wedding and we are still getting messages from family and friends about how much fun they had on the dance floor! Mike, the keyboard player and manager of the band, was super easy to work with right from the beginning. He's done this hundreds, if not thousands of times and his advice to us was not only helpful in the planning process but absolutely true on the day of our wedding! The whole band played so well together, giving the whole night an amazing energy and vibe. They played a great mix of songs that got every single table up and dancing.

Truthfully, the music and dancing were so fun, that we barely sat down to have dinner and we missed dessert entirely! Bill's Toupee is that rare mix of professionalism and talent. They were flexible, willing to listen to all of our requests ahead of time, and they even learned one of my favorite songs, "How Long Will I Love You" for the processional. It was a very special moment, made possible by their enthusiasm and talent. You will be in the best of hands, and will have one less thing to worry about. Do yourself a favor and bring Bill's Toupee to your wedding or party!

Sent on 11/21/2019
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 08/31/2019

Best Wedding Band Ever!

What can I say about Bill's Toupee! I was referred to them from a co worker and let me say can they keep a party going. Mike ( Keyboard and manager) was a pleasure to speak with when discussing the wedding, the music and any request. He can tickle the ivory! Bob (the drummer) what a kick ass drummer. WOW! Mike A. (Guitarist) played during my cocktail reception and rocked the house during the reception. John (vocals) MC'd and also was on the floor singing with my guest and singing with Delecia (vocals) who's vocal range was mind blowing. A guest came up to me and said "I though it was a recording till I realized she was live!" Ricky (bassets/ vocals) What an amazing basset/singer ! He, Delecia and John we interacting with guest, me and on the floor with us! They kept the party with high energy, fun, dancing and amazing music! I had a blast with them. You should see them live. Thank goodness I can see them when ever they play at local events! So, my party time with them wont just stop at my wedding! Follow them on Facebook! Ricky, the basset also captured some of my wedding on photo and video! Which meant the world to me he shared them on their page. Since I have not seen any photos from my wedding these were some of the first, and the first videos I saw. It made my day! I love this band! From cocktail hour to last dance it was top notch and best band a Bride and Groom can ask for! I look forward in seeing them again at local events!

Sent on 09/17/2019

Lilly C. · Married on 08/17/2019

Amazing band!

Bill's Toupee did an awesome job at our wedding! We could not have asked for a better band!!! The dance floor was packed the entire evening, and our guests keep talking about what an amazing band they are. Each band member is an impressive musician on their own, and together they are insane. The band was very professional and organized, and Mike was responsive and easy to work with during planning. We also really enjoyed the acoustic guitar at the ceremony, and keyboard during cocktail hour. We can't recommend Bill's Toupee highly enough, and hope to catch them at one of their shows in the future!

Sent on 10/27/2019

Alisa · Married on 08/03/2019

Look no further ! Bill's Toupee is your band.

Bill's Toupee was the perfect choice for our wedding ! They were playing music for us from the start of the ceremony up until the end of the night and it was amazing ! They got everyone up on the dance floor dancing the night away. It is obvious that this band has been playing together for many years and they are a set band thats strives for excellence. Mike the band leader was highly organized from top to bottom and even helped us play some one-off requests last minute. We could not have been happier with the band choice we made and would ALWAYS welcome them back for additional parties and events to come. They are professional, passionate and kind and will bring all the fun to your wedding reception. We are so glad that we chose Bill's Toupee over a typical agency band because they music and entertainment was absolutely perfect and we cannot thank them enough for their amazing performances.

Sent on 09/12/2019

Britt · Married on 02/09/2019

Best band ever!

Bill’s Toupee is the best! I learned about this band through a friend of mine who used them for her wedding. The weekend I got engaged, I called them and booked the band before we even booked our venue! Mike was a pleasure to work with all the way up to our wedding. And on our actual wedding day, the band rocked it! We were dancing all night long and everyone had the greatest time! If you are like my husband and I and appreciate live music and talented musicians, than Bill’s Toupee is the way to go!! Best band ever!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Laura · Married on 08/12/2018

We are a family of musicians and are Uber-critical when it comes to music. In fact, there have been very few wedding bands I’ve heard over the years that I even find tolerable lol! That being said, Bill’s Toupee exceeded our every expectation!!! Every guest and family member raved about their talent. They made it look easy. We are soooo happy we put our trust in them. Perfection!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Marisa · Married on 05/19/2018

From the minute our guests walked in to our reception Bill's Toupee had them moving. The band rocked the house all night and the dance floor was always packed; even my husband and I never left the dance floor! Mike and the band are experts at reading the room and played the perfect mix of songs to keep everyone happy and all without any cheesiness. It is now months later and we are STILL getting rave reviews about fun our wedding was and how incredible the band is. If we could give Bill's Toupee more than 5 stars we would!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Jordan · Married on 12/16/2017

We are so happy we selected Bill’s Toupee as our wedding band. I knew I wanted a band as I think they are classier and more personalized than a DJ. They even performed years ago at my aunt’s wedding! They sounded great and got our guests pumped all night long; I’ve never been to a wedding where people were dancing before dinner was served! We had a special request for our first dance song - Budapest by George Ezra - and they delivered! It was beautifully performed and afterwards we got a ton of compliments. It was also great they travelled from the Hudson Valley up to our venue in Albany. I would pick this band again and again! They might have a silly name, but they are the best wedding band around!!

Sent on 01/15/2018

Jordan · Married on 12/16/2017

We are so happy we selected Bill’s Toupee as our wedding band. I knew I wanted a band as I think they are classier and more personalized than a DJ. They even performed years ago at my aunt’s wedding! They sounded great and got our guests pumped all night long; I’ve never been to a wedding where people were dancing before dinner was served! We had a special request for our first dance song - Budapest by George Ezra - and they delivered! It was beautifully performed and afterwards we got a ton of compliments. It was also great they traveled from the Hudson Valley up to our venue in Albany. I would pick this band again and again! They might have a silly name, but they are the best wedding band around!!

Sent on 01/26/2018

Bill · Married on 11/12/2017

Band was great!! We saw them at another wedding a few years back and they only have gotten better! We asked Mike to change the ceremony set a week before the wedding and learn a song he did not know. Put it this way, Mike & the groom where the only people that knew it was his first time playing the routine, it was great! Thanks again for the time and dedication to making our night memorable!!

Sent on 11/25/2017

Jacqueline · Married on 11/12/2017

Bill's Toupee is the best decision you could make for your wedding. They are a group of professionals and they know how to create a great time. We went to see them play at Shadow's and immediately fell in love. After speaking with Mike Mindel (manager) we knew we would be calling to book our date. They provided our music for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. We were very pleased with the variety of music played. Our guests were so impressed we are still getting compliments months later. Another big plus was the volume control. I have been to plenty of weddings where the volume was so high no one could speak. Bill's Toupee ensured that the volume was just the right amount so the people furthest and closest could all hear and speak without yelling. We cannot wait to have the opportunity to hear them and hire them again for other events. Bottom line, if you want a band (best decision we made), you want Bill's Toupee!

Sent on 02/14/2015

Mike · Married on 10/21/2017

Bills Toupee Band was the highlight of our special evening. The energy and chemistry between my guests and the band was phenomenal and the room never stopped rocking. Awesome performance

Sent on 11/18/2017

Chelsea · Married on 10/14/2017

We don't even know where to begin..Bill's Toupee is amazing!! They played at our wedding and were absolutely fabulous!! Mike was outstanding on the keyboard during the ceremony .. he played exactly what we wanted and gave it a personal touch. During the reception they were just perfect!! They really made our wedding and the guests couldn't stop talking about how much they loved Bill's Toupee. Not only are the band members amazing musicians, their personalities are incredible, which really makes this band so unique. They were so wonderful and easy to work with throughout the wedding planning process and we wouldn't have asked for anything different on our wedding day! I would 100% recommend Bill's Toupee to anyone who wants as perfect a wedding as ours!! Chelsea Burawa

Sent on 10/16/2017

Jeffrey · Married on 10/14/2017

If your looking for a band for your wedding look not further! Bills Toupee made our wedding complete with there amazing set list of songs and overall musical talent! Every song they played pulled guest onto the dance floor! There is no question that we will be looking at Bills Toupee for future venues!

Sent on 11/19/2017

Steven · Married on 09/24/2017

I wanted recommend Bill's Toupee. They played at my daughter's wedding at Feast in Orange County NY and they were fantastic. Very easy to work with and the performance was well received across all age groups. Thanks Mike Mindel!

Sent on 10/04/2017

Paul · Married on 09/02/2017

Bill's Toupee was phenomenal. Everyone was dancing from start to finish, and our guests are still commenting on how great the music was, especially Delecia.

They even let our idiot Hobo friend lead a few songs on his banjo.

We could not be happier, and 100% recommend them.

Sent on 09/10/2017

Martha · Married on 09/17/2016

We danced all night and had the best time! We get so many compliments about our wedding band even months after the wedding. Bill's Toupee was professional, accommodating, entertaining, and really really fantastic performers. Highly recommend!

Sent on 02/09/2017

Bill's Toupee was awesome at our wedding last month! I was a little nervous because we got married in Pennsylvania and it was a ride for them to get to, but they were on time and ready to go! They also played so well and everyone LOVED them! We were all dancing the entire night. They played a lot of recent hits, songs you still hear on the radio. So glad we booked them!

Sent on 08/31/2016

Sarah · Married on 07/09/2016

I wanted a wedding where everyone was up and dancing and having a great time, so finding the right wedding band was essential! Bill's Toupee did not disappoint! Everyone had such a great time dancing all night long. Bill's Toupee played great songs and had an amazing energy. Desiree made sure everything was exactly how I wanted things to go and ran the show! If you're looking for a wedding band that will keep the party going this band is for you!

Sent on 09/09/2016

Jackie · Married on 07/11/2015

We just can't say enough how thankful we are and how happy we are that we chose Bill's Toupee to play our wedding. Our guests RAVED about the music and asked how we found them. The soundtrack to the evening was simply perfect. Thank you thank you thank you, from the bottom of our happy hearts, to the whole band, for making it the best night of our lives.

Sent on 07/15/2015

Victoria · Married on 05/31/2014

We first found Bill’s Toupee when looking at photographers’ pictures of other weddings at our venue. We preferred a band for multiple reasons, and it was good to know that they had already used our venue. They looked fun and the guests looked like they were having a great time. I looked up their reviews and was amazed to see how many people loved them. We assumed that they would be very expansive but decided to call anyway. We were surprised that they were relatively affordable. Mike was awesome and so helpful and he didn’t mind our multiple questions. We felt so comfortable with him that he was the first vendor we officially booked (yes, even before the venue). They were great throughout our engagement, getting in touch with us to finalize things as it got closer to our wedding. On the day of they were INCREDIBLE. The dance floor was packed the whole time (in fact, the wait staff had trouble getting food to the tables because there were so many people dancing). They were really great with reading the crowd and playing all different types of music. For the special songs we wanted for cake cutting and first dance, they downloaded and played an mp3 so that we could have the exact song. They let my sister-in-law sing a song with them and even let my husband and his friends play a song on their instruments. A few days after the wedding they even emailed us a wonderful picture they had secretly taken of all of us from above as we were putting the boutonnieres on the groomsmen and fathers. It was super awesome because it was such a special moment that not even the photographers had gotten. Two weeks after the wedding I realized that I loved the songs they had played so much that I wanted to make a wedding mix tape. I emailed them and they were so nice about it, they all brainstormed and gave me the list as best as they could remember. It was so sweet and something they didn’t have to do.
    Thanks to them we had the most fun night of our life!! We are still hearing complim

Sent on 09/24/2014

Laura · Married on 06/01/2013

Everyone LOVED Bill's Toupee! They played a great variety of music and had everyone up on the dance floor. To this day people keep telling us how great the band was and how much fun they had at our wedding. My father (who originally told me I was silly to hire a band) told me during our father/daughter dance that the band was really good and everyone was having a blast. My most cherished moment was our first dance. We took dance lessons and had listened to our song at least a hundred times. To finally hear "Wonderful Tonight" live was amazing. My husband and I are so glad we hired Bill's Toupee for our wedding. They are a fantastic group of people and talented musicians. They were also so sweet to let my 4 year-old nice play tambourine with them for over an hour.

Sent on 06/17/2013

J & · Married on 05/18/2013

Bill's Toupee was fantastic! They sounded great and their set list was a perfect mix of older and newer songs that everyone knows and can sing and dance to. The dance floor was full from the first song until the end of the night. We got tons and tons of compliments from our wedding guests about how great the band was. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 05/29/2013

Dana · Married on 09/29/2012

We just got married this past weekend and I can't say enough great things about Bill'sToupee! They were amazing and even dealt with a time change due to rain without any complaints. Here is the email that I sent to Mike, who was also awesome to work with! There was never a moment that the dance floor was empty. I wish I had another reason to plan a party so we could hire them again!

"Thank you so much for playing this weekend and being so flexible with the time change and staying late. We received so many amazing compliments on your professionalism, ability to play songs that fit all ages and reading the crowd.  We couldn't have asked for a better band to top off our already amazing weekend."

Sent on 10/05/2012