38 Reviews for Bill's Toupee

Liability Insurance (2)
Ceremony (1)
Lighting (1)
38 Bill's Toupee Reviews

We are so happy we selected Bill’s Toupee as our wedding band. I knew I wanted a band as I think they are classier and more personalized than a DJ. They even performed years ago at my aunt’s wedding! They sounded great and got our guests pumped all night long; I’ve never been to a wedding where people were dancing before dinner was served! We had a special request for our first dance song - Budapest by George Ezra - and they delivered! It was beautifully performed and afterwards we got a ton of compliments. It was also great they travelled from the Hudson Valley up to our venue in Albany. I would pick this band again and again! They might have a silly name, but they are the best wedding band around!!

Profile Picture Jordan, 12/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

We are so happy we selected Bill’s Toupee as our wedding band. I knew I wanted a band as I think they are classier and more personalized than a DJ. They even performed years ago at my aunt’s wedding! They sounded great and got our guests pumped all night long; I’ve never been to a wedding where people were dancing before dinner was served! We had a special request for our first dance song - Budapest by George Ezra - and they delivered! It was beautifully performed and afterwards we got a ton of compliments. It was also great they traveled from the Hudson Valley up to our venue in Albany. I would pick this band again and again! They might have a silly name, but they are the best wedding band around!!

Profile Picture Jordan, 12/16/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Music During Breaks, Reception, Willing to Travel

Bill's Toupee is the best decision you could make for your wedding. They are a group of professionals and they know how to create a great time. We went to see them play at Shadow's and immediately fell in love. After speaking with Mike Mindel (manager) we knew we would be calling to book our date. They provided our music for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. We were very pleased with the variety of music played. Our guests were so impressed we are still getting compliments months later. Another big plus was the volume control. I have been to plenty of weddings where the volume was so high no one could speak. Bill's Toupee ensured that the volume was just the right amount so the people furthest and closest could all hear and speak without yelling. We cannot wait to have the opportunity to hear them and hire them again for other events. Bottom line, if you want a band (best decision we made), you want Bill's Toupee!

Profile Picture User3708601, Recently Married, 6 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Band was great!! We saw them at another wedding a few years back and they only have gotten better! We asked Mike to change the ceremony set a week before the wedding and learn a song he did not know. Put it this way, Mike & the groom where the only people that knew it was his first time playing the routine, it was great! Thanks again for the time and dedication to making our night memorable!!

Profile Picture Bill, 11/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Bills Toupee Band was the highlight of our special evening. The energy and chemistry between my guests and the band was phenomenal and the room never stopped rocking. Awesome performance

Profile Picture Mike, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

We don't even know where to begin..Bill's Toupee is amazing!! They played at our wedding and were absolutely fabulous!! Mike was outstanding on the keyboard during the ceremony .. he played exactly what we wanted and gave it a personal touch. During the reception they were just perfect!! They really made our wedding and the guests couldn't stop talking about how much they loved Bill's Toupee. Not only are the band members amazing musicians, their personalities are incredible, which really makes this band so unique. They were so wonderful and easy to work with throughout the wedding planning process and we wouldn't have asked for anything different on our wedding day! I would 100% recommend Bill's Toupee to anyone who wants as perfect a wedding as ours!! Chelsea Burawa

Profile Picture Chelsea, 10/14/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Liability Insurance, Music During Breaks, Reception, Willing to Travel

If your looking for a band for your wedding look not further! Bills Toupee made our wedding complete with there amazing set list of songs and overall musical talent! Every song they played pulled guest onto the dance floor! There is no question that we will be looking at Bills Toupee for future venues!

Profile Picture Jeffrey, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

This is the second time we’ve had the pleasure of working with Mike Mindel and the band, Bill’s Toupee. The were very accommodating regarding song requests, pace of the evening and knowing how to get everyone dancing. They are professional and know what is needed to insure an affair that flows from start to finish!
No worries when it comes to that part of planning a wedding!

Profile Picture Cheryl, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

I wanted recommend Bill's Toupee. They played at my daughter's wedding at Feast in Orange County NY and they were fantastic. Very easy to work with and the performance was well received across all age groups. Thanks Mike Mindel!

Profile Picture Steven, 9/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Bill's Toupee was the perfect band to play our wedding. They were professional, easy to communicate with, and the best part is that they ROCKED the dance floor ;)

Profile Picture Dave, 9/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

They are a great wedding band. They had everyone dancing all night. Great vibe and energy.

Profile Picture Dana, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Bill's Toupee was phenomenal. Everyone was dancing from start to finish, and our guests are still commenting on how great the music was, especially Delecia.

They even let our idiot Hobo friend lead a few songs on his banjo.

We could not be happier, and 100% recommend them.

Profile Picture Paul, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

These guys were amazing. Everyone loved them and gave good reviews.

Profile Picture Jesse, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

We danced all night and had the best time! We get so many compliments about our wedding band even months after the wedding. Bill's Toupee was professional, accommodating, entertaining, and really really fantastic performers. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Martha, 9/17/16, 14 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Liability Insurance, Music During Breaks, Reception, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Bill's Toupee was awesome at our wedding last month! I was a little nervous because we got married in Pennsylvania and it was a ride for them to get to, but they were on time and ready to go! They also played so well and everyone LOVED them! We were all dancing the entire night. They played a lot of recent hits, songs you still hear on the radio. So glad we booked them!

Profile Picture User7151330, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Reception, Willing to Travel, Sound/PA System

I wanted a wedding where everyone was up and dancing and having a great time, so finding the right wedding band was essential! Bill's Toupee did not disappoint! Everyone had such a great time dancing all night long. Bill's Toupee played great songs and had an amazing energy. Desiree made sure everything was exactly how I wanted things to go and ran the show! If you're looking for a wedding band that will keep the party going this band is for you!

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/9/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Band

We just can't say enough how thankful we are and how happy we are that we chose Bill's Toupee to play our wedding. Our guests RAVED about the music and asked how we found them. The soundtrack to the evening was simply perfect. Thank you thank you thank you, from the bottom of our happy hearts, to the whole band, for making it the best night of our lives.

Profile Picture Jackie, 7/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

We first found Bill’s Toupee when looking at photographers’ pictures of other weddings at our venue. We preferred a band for multiple reasons, and it was good to know that they had already used our venue. They looked fun and the guests looked like they were having a great time. I looked up their reviews and was amazed to see how many people loved them. We assumed that they would be very expansive but decided to call anyway. We were surprised that they were relatively affordable. Mike was awesome and so helpful and he didn’t mind our multiple questions. We felt so comfortable with him that he was the first vendor we officially booked (yes, even before the venue). They were great throughout our engagement, getting in touch with us to finalize things as it got closer to our wedding. On the day of they were INCREDIBLE. The dance floor was packed the whole time (in fact, the wait staff had trouble getting food to the tables because there were so many people dancing). They were really great with reading the crowd and playing all different types of music. For the special songs we wanted for cake cutting and first dance, they downloaded and played an mp3 so that we could have the exact song. They let my sister-in-law sing a song with them and even let my husband and his friends play a song on their instruments. A few days after the wedding they even emailed us a wonderful picture they had secretly taken of all of us from above as we were putting the boutonnieres on the groomsmen and fathers. It was super awesome because it was such a special moment that not even the photographers had gotten. Two weeks after the wedding I realized that I loved the songs they had played so much that I wanted to make a wedding mix tape. I emailed them and they were so nice about it, they all brainstormed and gave me the list as best as they could remember. It was so sweet and something they didn’t have to do.
Thanks to them we had the most fun night of our life!! We are still hearing complim

Profile Picture Victoria, 5/31/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Band

Everyone LOVED Bill's Toupee! They played a great variety of music and had everyone up on the dance floor. To this day people keep telling us how great the band was and how much fun they had at our wedding. My father (who originally told me I was silly to hire a band) told me during our father/daughter dance that the band was really good and everyone was having a blast. My most cherished moment was our first dance. We took dance lessons and had listened to our song at least a hundred times. To finally hear "Wonderful Tonight" live was amazing. My husband and I are so glad we hired Bill's Toupee for our wedding. They are a fantastic group of people and talented musicians. They were also so sweet to let my 4 year-old nice play tambourine with them for over an hour.

Profile Picture Laura, 6/1/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

Bill's Toupee was fantastic! They sounded great and their set list was a perfect mix of older and newer songs that everyone knows and can sing and dance to. The dance floor was full from the first song until the end of the night. We got tons and tons of compliments from our wedding guests about how great the band was. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Profile Picture J &, 5/18/13, 1 Review
Category: Band

We just got married this past weekend and I can't say enough great things about Bill'sToupee! They were amazing and even dealt with a time change due to rain without any complaints. Here is the email that I sent to Mike, who was also awesome to work with! There was never a moment that the dance floor was empty. I wish I had another reason to plan a party so we could hire them again!

"Thank you so much for playing this weekend and being so flexible with the time change and staying late. We received so many amazing compliments on your professionalism, ability to play songs that fit all ages and reading the crowd.  We couldn't have asked for a better band to top off our already amazing weekend."

Profile Picture Dana, 9/29/12, 1 Review
Category: Band

Being in the wedding business for over 35 years Bills toupee is on the top of my list for live wedding bands. There sound & vocals are authentic to the original song. I was blown away by the band & I highly recommed them. Tom Nicchi Owner of The Stateroom Albany NY

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture tom, 9/22/12, 1 Review
Category: Band

Bill's Toupee is an awesome band! Family members and wedding guests came up to me during the wedding just to ask about them! They have great energy, and stick really close to the original versions of songs - almost like listening to a more awesome, live version of the radio! Mike was super helpful from start to finish, calling me to discuss what I wanted and making changes and accommodations when I needed them. A+!

Profile Picture Katherine, 9/9/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Band

We've been having a family reunion (150+ people!) for 33 years now, and Bill's Toupee was one of our best bands yet. People came up to me the next day to compliment the "amazing band" we chose for the event... so YES, I recommend them for any event. Mike is very accommodating and they are great at sizing up the crowd and knowing what works. They rock ; )

Profile Picture Andrea, 7/6/12, 1 Review
Category: Band

Bill's Toupee was absolutely wonderful! I really can't say enough about how great they are. No matter what your taste in music they are very adaptable, and get your guests moving! They played our song "Thank You" by Led Zeppelin flawlessly. I highly recommend them for your wedding or event.
Amanda