Bill's Toupee Reviews

40 Reviews for Bill's Toupee

Bill's Toupee 1
Bill's Toupee 2

Laura · Married on 08/12/2018

We are a family of musicians and are Uber-critical when it comes to music. In fact, there have been very few wedding bands I’ve heard over the years that I even find tolerable lol! That being said, Bill’s Toupee exceeded our every expectation!!! Every guest and family member raved about their talent. They made it look easy. We are soooo happy we put our trust in them. Perfection!

Marisa · Married on 05/19/2018

From the minute our guests walked in to our reception Bill's Toupee had them moving. The band rocked the house all night and the dance floor was always packed; even my husband and I never left the dance floor! Mike and the band are experts at reading the room and played the perfect mix of songs to keep everyone happy and all without any cheesiness. It is now months later and we are STILL getting rave reviews about fun our wedding was and how incredible the band is. If we could give Bill's Toupee more than 5 stars we would!

Jordan · Married on 12/16/2017

We are so happy we selected Bill’s Toupee as our wedding band. I knew I wanted a band as I think they are classier and more personalized than a DJ. They even performed years ago at my aunt’s wedding! They sounded great and got our guests pumped all night long; I’ve never been to a wedding where people were dancing before dinner was served! We had a special request for our first dance song - Budapest by George Ezra - and they delivered! It was beautifully performed and afterwards we got a ton of compliments. It was also great they travelled from the Hudson Valley up to our venue in Albany. I would pick this band again and again! They might have a silly name, but they are the best wedding band around!!

Bill's Toupee 3
    Bill's Toupee 4

Jordan · Married on 12/16/2017

We are so happy we selected Bill’s Toupee as our wedding band. I knew I wanted a band as I think they are classier and more personalized than a DJ. They even performed years ago at my aunt’s wedding! They sounded great and got our guests pumped all night long; I’ve never been to a wedding where people were dancing before dinner was served! We had a special request for our first dance song - Budapest by George Ezra - and they delivered! It was beautifully performed and afterwards we got a ton of compliments. It was also great they traveled from the Hudson Valley up to our venue in Albany. I would pick this band again and again! They might have a silly name, but they are the best wedding band around!!

Bill · Married on 11/12/2017

Band was great!! We saw them at another wedding a few years back and they only have gotten better! We asked Mike to change the ceremony set a week before the wedding and learn a song he did not know. Put it this way, Mike & the groom where the only people that knew it was his first time playing the routine, it was great! Thanks again for the time and dedication to making our night memorable!!

Jacqueline · Married on 11/12/2017

Bill's Toupee is the best decision you could make for your wedding. They are a group of professionals and they know how to create a great time. We went to see them play at Shadow's and immediately fell in love. After speaking with Mike Mindel (manager) we knew we would be calling to book our date. They provided our music for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. We were very pleased with the variety of music played. Our guests were so impressed we are still getting compliments months later. Another big plus was the volume control. I have been to plenty of weddings where the volume was so high no one could speak. Bill's Toupee ensured that the volume was just the right amount so the people furthest and closest could all hear and speak without yelling. We cannot wait to have the opportunity to hear them and hire them again for other events. Bottom line, if you want a band (best decision we made), you want Bill's Toupee!

Mike · Married on 10/21/2017

Bills Toupee Band was the highlight of our special evening. The energy and chemistry between my guests and the band was phenomenal and the room never stopped rocking. Awesome performance

Chelsea · Married on 10/14/2017

We don't even know where to begin..Bill's Toupee is amazing!! They played at our wedding and were absolutely fabulous!! Mike was outstanding on the keyboard during the ceremony .. he played exactly what we wanted and gave it a personal touch. During the reception they were just perfect!! They really made our wedding and the guests couldn't stop talking about how much they loved Bill's Toupee. Not only are the band members amazing musicians, their personalities are incredible, which really makes this band so unique. They were so wonderful and easy to work with throughout the wedding planning process and we wouldn't have asked for anything different on our wedding day! I would 100% recommend Bill's Toupee to anyone who wants as perfect a wedding as ours!! Chelsea Burawa

Jeffrey · Married on 10/14/2017

If your looking for a band for your wedding look not further! Bills Toupee made our wedding complete with there amazing set list of songs and overall musical talent! Every song they played pulled guest onto the dance floor! There is no question that we will be looking at Bills Toupee for future venues!

Steven · Married on 09/24/2017

I wanted recommend Bill's Toupee. They played at my daughter's wedding at Feast in Orange County NY and they were fantastic. Very easy to work with and the performance was well received across all age groups. Thanks Mike Mindel!

Paul · Married on 09/02/2017

Bill's Toupee was phenomenal. Everyone was dancing from start to finish, and our guests are still commenting on how great the music was, especially Delecia.

They even let our idiot Hobo friend lead a few songs on his banjo.

We could not be happier, and 100% recommend them.

Martha · Married on 09/17/2016

We danced all night and had the best time! We get so many compliments about our wedding band even months after the wedding. Bill's Toupee was professional, accommodating, entertaining, and really really fantastic performers. Highly recommend!

Bill's Toupee was awesome at our wedding last month! I was a little nervous because we got married in Pennsylvania and it was a ride for them to get to, but they were on time and ready to go! They also played so well and everyone LOVED them! We were all dancing the entire night. They played a lot of recent hits, songs you still hear on the radio. So glad we booked them!

Sarah · Married on 07/09/2016

I wanted a wedding where everyone was up and dancing and having a great time, so finding the right wedding band was essential! Bill's Toupee did not disappoint! Everyone had such a great time dancing all night long. Bill's Toupee played great songs and had an amazing energy. Desiree made sure everything was exactly how I wanted things to go and ran the show! If you're looking for a wedding band that will keep the party going this band is for you!

Jackie · Married on 07/11/2015

We just can't say enough how thankful we are and how happy we are that we chose Bill's Toupee to play our wedding. Our guests RAVED about the music and asked how we found them. The soundtrack to the evening was simply perfect. Thank you thank you thank you, from the bottom of our happy hearts, to the whole band, for making it the best night of our lives.

Victoria · Married on 05/31/2014

We first found Bill’s Toupee when looking at photographers’ pictures of other weddings at our venue. We preferred a band for multiple reasons, and it was good to know that they had already used our venue. They looked fun and the guests looked like they were having a great time. I looked up their reviews and was amazed to see how many people loved them. We assumed that they would be very expansive but decided to call anyway. We were surprised that they were relatively affordable. Mike was awesome and so helpful and he didn’t mind our multiple questions. We felt so comfortable with him that he was the first vendor we officially booked (yes, even before the venue). They were great throughout our engagement, getting in touch with us to finalize things as it got closer to our wedding. On the day of they were INCREDIBLE. The dance floor was packed the whole time (in fact, the wait staff had trouble getting food to the tables because there were so many people dancing). They were really great with reading the crowd and playing all different types of music. For the special songs we wanted for cake cutting and first dance, they downloaded and played an mp3 so that we could have the exact song. They let my sister-in-law sing a song with them and even let my husband and his friends play a song on their instruments. A few days after the wedding they even emailed us a wonderful picture they had secretly taken of all of us from above as we were putting the boutonnieres on the groomsmen and fathers. It was super awesome because it was such a special moment that not even the photographers had gotten. Two weeks after the wedding I realized that I loved the songs they had played so much that I wanted to make a wedding mix tape. I emailed them and they were so nice about it, they all brainstormed and gave me the list as best as they could remember. It was so sweet and something they didn’t have to do.
    Thanks to them we had the most fun night of our life!! We are still hearing complim

Laura · Married on 06/01/2013

Everyone LOVED Bill's Toupee! They played a great variety of music and had everyone up on the dance floor. To this day people keep telling us how great the band was and how much fun they had at our wedding. My father (who originally told me I was silly to hire a band) told me during our father/daughter dance that the band was really good and everyone was having a blast. My most cherished moment was our first dance. We took dance lessons and had listened to our song at least a hundred times. To finally hear "Wonderful Tonight" live was amazing. My husband and I are so glad we hired Bill's Toupee for our wedding. They are a fantastic group of people and talented musicians. They were also so sweet to let my 4 year-old nice play tambourine with them for over an hour.

J & · Married on 05/18/2013

Bill's Toupee was fantastic! They sounded great and their set list was a perfect mix of older and newer songs that everyone knows and can sing and dance to. The dance floor was full from the first song until the end of the night. We got tons and tons of compliments from our wedding guests about how great the band was. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Dana · Married on 09/29/2012

We just got married this past weekend and I can't say enough great things about Bill'sToupee! They were amazing and even dealt with a time change due to rain without any complaints. Here is the email that I sent to Mike, who was also awesome to work with! There was never a moment that the dance floor was empty. I wish I had another reason to plan a party so we could hire them again!

"Thank you so much for playing this weekend and being so flexible with the time change and staying late. We received so many amazing compliments on your professionalism, ability to play songs that fit all ages and reading the crowd.  We couldn't have asked for a better band to top off our already amazing weekend."

tom · Married on 09/22/2012

Being in the wedding business for over 35 years Bills toupee is on the top of my list for live wedding bands. There sound & vocals are authentic to the original song. I was blown away by the band & I highly recommed them. Tom Nicchi Owner of The Stateroom Albany NY

Sent on 09/26/2012

Bill's Toupee's reply:

Thank you, Tom. Your kind remarks are greatly appreciated. I'd certainly put The State Room at the top of my list as well. I look forward to working with you again in the near future.

Katherine · Married on 09/09/2012

Bill's Toupee is an awesome band! Family members and wedding guests came up to me during the wedding just to ask about them! They have great energy, and stick really close to the original versions of songs - almost like listening to a more awesome, live version of the radio! Mike was super helpful from start to finish, calling me to discuss what I wanted and making changes and accommodations when I needed them. A+!

Andrea · Married on 07/06/2012

We've been having a family reunion (150+ people!) for 33 years now, and Bill's Toupee was one of our best bands yet. People came up to me the next day to compliment the "amazing band" we chose for the event... so YES, I recommend them for any event. Mike is very accommodating and they are great at sizing up the crowd and knowing what works. They rock ; )

Amanda · Married on 06/16/2012

Bill's Toupee was absolutely wonderful! I really can't say enough about how great they are. No matter what your taste in music they are very adaptable, and get your guests moving! They played our song "Thank You" by Led Zeppelin flawlessly. I highly recommend them for your wedding or event.
    Amanda

Kara · Married on 06/09/2012

This band is AMAZING!!! I will just copy and paste the note I wrote to them after the wedding:

Mike,

I wanted to send you a quick email saying THANK YOU for the awesome music last night. You guys are amazing! The sound was so good, and you did a great job with reading the pulse of the crowd/song selection. Everyone in the band is so talented. The MC'ing was perfect - enough to keep it fun but not cheesy. The music was the #1 thing we were complimented on by our guests. Many people told us it was the best wedding band they've ever seen and we agree.

Thanks for making our night so special, fun, and rockin'!

Barbara · Married on 12/09/2011

Bill's Toupee entertained over 400 guests at our annual Gala, and they had them dancing the entire evening. Tremendous talent, great vocals, and they know how to entertain audiences of all ages. We look forward to having them back next year - rave reviews from our attendees. Barbara Klassen, Benedictine Health Foundation