Bill Miller's Castle Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Morgan
    Morgan Married on 10/24/2021

The Best Venue!

Bill Miller's Castle was the absolute best place to get married. The staff took their time to not only help hand in hand with our planning process, but also took care of every detail on our big day! Victoria was our coordinator and answered all of my many questions happily. They were so accommodating even with all of the changes throughout COVID and truly made the day everything we wanted and more. The venue itself is remarkable, and our guests were absolutely blown away with it's uniqueness. The food provided by La Luna was delicious, and we got so many comments in the days and weeks that followed our big day. We decided to upgrade to the Venetian "table" for dessert and were blown away to enter an entire ROOM full of every dessert you could think of. We were lucky enough to have our ceremony outside and the grounds were immaculately cared for. We also decided to upgrade to the grand suite which made for such a fun morning for all of the girls getting ready together! I thought I would have to set up my decorations the morning-of, but Lisa took care of every detail and placed everything exactly where it would work best. We loved every second of our time with Bill Miller's Castle and HIGHLY recommend.
  • Tiffany
    Tiffany S. Married on 09/25/2021

Perfect in Every Way!

The moment we toured Bill Miller’s Castle we knew it was where we would get married. The place is so unique and beautiful. Dark wood and antiques everywhere, so much character and history. It is a breathtaking venue inside and out.

We worked with Victoria to book, plan, and execute our wedding and everyone who dealt with her throughout the process just adored her. She is friendly, kind, always responsive, and extremely knowledgeable. She was efficient, had answers to everything, and eased so much of our stress. We had no concerns whatsoever about what was happening around us on the wedding day because we knew that all would go as planned with Victoria at the helm.

The food was excellent. Everyone we talked to during the reception raved about it and about how beautiful the venue was.

We just had a magical weekend and Bill Miller’s Castle was such an integral part of that. We wouldn’t change a thing and we can’t recommend it enough to other couples!
    Rachel D. Married on 07/31/2021

Everything we could have asked for!

This place is a dream. When we were first engaged my fiancé (now husband) and I looked at 11 venues in Connecticut and this was the first place we looked it... with each visit to other venues it became clear Bill Millers is the place for us. On top of its unique charm and gorgeous interior and exterior, it offered on stop shop! Almost everything can be provided or rented through them! As a couple with two full time careers and a young daughter this was huge for us! I have to mention how gorgeous the rainy day option is. We really wanted to not have to worry about the weather considering anything can happen in New England. The outside garden is lovely and we are so thankful we had a sunny day, but if it was raining the indoor ceremony option was just as nice. Victoria was our wedding coordinator and was a champ through out the planning process; which included helping us get through delaying the wedding a year due to Covid. She made everything stress free and answered our many questions promptly and with patience. I cannot thank her enough for her help! The bridal suite is one of the amazing selling points for this place! Its absolutely worth the small up charge to be in one location with your ladies all day while everything gets set up around you. There was plenty of space for 2 hair stylists, 1 make up artist, 2 moms, 6 bridesmaids, 2 flower girls, and my daughter to all get ready! The food was amazing!! Everyone raved about it! We did buffet style and had the mashed potato bar which was a hit! And the lovely staff made sure the groom and I sat to eat which is often something that gets missed. I wouldn't do anything different. The day went perfectly and smoothly and that is no doubt due to Victoria and her teams effort! Even as my cake almost collapsed, Victoria and the staff was able to swiftly take care of it and save everyone's dessert!
  • Q
    Quinn Married on 07/12/2021

Dream Wedding!

I can't say enough good things about Bill Miller's Castle. We had our wedding on New Year's Eve and it was the most perfect night that we could have ever asked for. Lisa and Victoria were both incredibly helpful throughout the entire experience. They quickly responded to every question I had throughout the process and handled everything the day of so I had nothing to think about. They set up the space exactly how we had hoped, and the entire experience was seamless. We used the bridal suite to get ready and had plenty of space to do everything we needed for hair, makeup, lunch, getting dressed, etc (with 8 bridesmaids!) Our guests all had an amazing time and told us it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding - from the delicious appetizers, to the large entrees, to the incredible Venetian room with every dessert imaginable. They all loved the unique ambiance at the castle, with something cool to find in every corner of the space. At midnight, we watched the ball drop on a large screen and had a champagne toast on the massive dance floor. Everything was truly magical, and I highly recommend a wedding - especially on NYE - at Bill Miller's Castle!
  • DESTINY
    Destiny B. Married on 06/19/2021

Real life Fairytale

Wow-what can I say about Bill Millers Castle? The most beautiful venue, phenomenal staff, and delicious food. Lisa and Victoria made my visions a reality. They took care of every little detail so I did not have to stress a thing on my wedding day. They were so caring and I could not imagine not getting married at this stunning venue!
  • Ashley
    Ashley D. Married on 05/28/2021

Absolutely Magical

There are not enough words to describe how incredible the castle and the staff are! We had a truly magical wedding and the whole staff, especially our coordinator Victoria, made everything effortless and stress free 💕
  • Hannah
    Hannah Married on 04/02/2021

Highly recommend!!

Victoria was incredibly easy to work with and responsive as we navigated through COVID together. She kept us up to date on new COVID guidelines and gave us options so we could make the decisions on guest count, plating, ceremony, etc. Bill Miller’s had not only attentive staff, but amazing food and great vendor recommendations. The venue is beautiful and well-maintained. All our guests were extremely impressed by the whole event. Victoria was with us every step of the way and we never had to wonder what was going on or if something was being taken care of. She also made sure my husband and I were staying hydrated and eating food through the event so we stayed attentive to our guests and had an amazing night to remember!
    Jonathan J. Married on 11/11/2020

Ideal Wedding Venue

We could not be happier with our experience with Bill Miller's Castle and wholeheartedly recommend it as a wedding venue. Initially, the location is absolutely gorgeous and is conveniently located just outside of New Haven. Furthermore, our Event Coordinator, Victoria Smith, was everything and more than we could have possibly asked for in planning the most important day of our lives. Not only was Victoria and the rest of her team incredibly knowledgeable and professional, but their experience with wedding planning seamlessly translated into a perfectly executed wedding experience that neither we, or our guests, will ever forget.
  • Mathew
    Mathew M. Married on 11/07/2020

Wedding 6/13

The experience we had at Bill Miller’s Castle was beyond what we could have imagined. The venue is amazing and Lisa, Victoria and Mary are Godsends. They were with us every step of the way from planning to execution. They were around the entire day making sure we had everything we needed whether it was what we were drinking, bringing us appetizers while doing pictures, to cleaning up after our messy selves. Absolutely amazing experience and wouldn’t recommend anywhere but here to be married!
  • Michele
    Michele M. Married on 12/28/2019

Amazing and magical in every way!

My husband Steve and I got married at Bill Miller's on 12/28/19 and we are still coming down from the cloud we've been on since we arrived at the castle on our wedding day! It's hard to find the words to explain just how wonderful this place is. This was the one and only venue we went to check out after we got engaged. Victoria is truly amazing. She was so easy to talk to and totally understood everything we wanted. Even during our first meeting when we were really unsure about a lot of details, she walked us through everything and all the different options we had. She coordinated everything perfectly so there was absolutely nothing for us to worry about that day. She even made sure Steve and I were served appetizers and we even had food to take home with us! Mary is a new addition to Bill Miller's and she is also so amazing! She stood with me as I was getting ready to walk down the steps / aisle and she even bustled my dress for me AND helped me get out of it at the end of the night! (Lots of tricky buttons!) These two are so incredibly professional. The castle is beyond beautiful, and especially at Christmas time it was just a dream. We didn't have to bring in many extra decorations at all because it was already perfect. The bridal suite is out of this world! I got ready there with my bridesmaids and it was just so perfect. Rich? put some music on for us and made sure we had everything we needed, even brought us tea! So accommodating and kind.
    All our guests were so pleased with this venue and everything it had to offer. Everyone raved about the food!!!! Just so so amazing!! We would recommend this venue to anyone for their wedding, it is truly a magical experience that we will never forget. So grateful to Victoria and the whole team at Bill Miller's -- Thank you for making our dreams come true!!
    Lauren J. Married on 11/23/2019

Best experience!

We got married on November 23, 2019 and it was the best day of our lives. Working with Victoria was amazing as she is hands down the best. She thought of certain details that didn’t even cross our mind, made wonderful recommendations that made our wedding magical and beautiful, and put us at ease on the day of. We didn’t have to worry about anything because we knew we were in great hands with Victoria and the magnificent Bill Miller’s staff. I am so glad we chose Bill Miller’s as our venue as it was seriously perfect. Our guests are still raving about the venue and wedding! I recommend Bill Miller’s to all of our close friends and family!
  • Jessica
    Jessica E. Married on 10/25/2019

Simply Magical!

From the moment I searched for castle venues for my wedding, Bill Miller's Castle stood out immediately. As soon as I stepped foot in this beautifully unique place, I knew this was it. I told my fiance he would also fall in love with the castle, and he did too! We loved that it's a family run business, and that adds even more to this venue's charm. Victoria was our coordinator and was extremely helpful throughout the entire planning process. She was always available to answer any questions, no matter how silly it seemed. Even the day of, she ran the show so that our special day went seamlessly without a hitch. Our guests raved about the delicious and plentiful food and drinks throughout the night for weeks after the wedding. My husband and I would relive that day in a heartbeat! We are eternally grateful to have had a simply magical wedding day.
    Casey Married on 10/18/2019

Our Wedding Day Felt Magical

Our experience at Bill Miller's castle was wonderful. Working with Victoria was such a a pleasure. From the day she gave us a tour of the castle until our wedding day, you get the sense that she's vested in your wedding, which is not always the case when you're working with wedding vendors where you sometimes start to feel you're just one of a revolving door of wedding couples. We felt so taken care of on our wedding day. The service was top notch. The food was amazing- even better than what we remember having at our tasting. And of course the venue looked amazing. There's so much character at Bill Miller's Castle you don't have to dress it up for it to look magical. Our guests had nothing but good things to say. We're keeping our fingers crossed that someone invites us to their wedding at Bill Miller's so we can experience it again as guests!
    Alyssa Married on 10/12/2019

Our wedding was amazing!

We had our wedding last weekend at the castle and we can’t even express how much fun we had! First of all, the castle is absolutely beautiful! Our guests from near and far were amazed at how amazing and unique the castle is. Most of our guests reached out to us and said it was the best wedding they have been to in a while! Second, we couldn’t have done it without Victoria! She was such a huge part of our wedding process and she kept us all calm through it all. Her and her sister sat with us for hours and answered any questions our families had. She was also there any time I called and needed advice or a question answered. The day of our wedding, she kept me calm and helped us with anything we needed to do! She is honestly the best! Lastly, besides the amazing staff, the castle at night made our pictures AMAZING!!!! The castle at night was literally the coolest thing I have ever seen. Our pictures are wonderful. We HIGHLY recommend Bill Millers Castle. You will be so happy!!!!! I love it!!!
    Samantha Married on 09/13/2019

Flawless and Amazing Wedding

We had our wedding at Bill Miller's Castle on 9/13/2019. The day was perfect, the venue is beautiful, our guest still rant and rave about how unique and captivating the castle decor is. Victoria and the staff were EXTREMELY helpful throughout the entire process, always quick to respond to questions and always available to help and offer advice. My wedding day was flawless and I attribute that to Victoria and her staff. I HIGHLY recommend this venue if you want a stress free, beautiful wedding. You will not regret booking with them!
  • Danielle
    Danielle Married on 09/06/2019

OMG!!! I can't say enough about this venue!!!

This venue was absolutely stunning. Bill Miller's Castle is worth every penny. Victoria is amazing to work with. She's professional, detail oriented, friendly and goes above and beyond her job to make sure you have the day of your dreams. The venue is stunning inside and outside. The food was delicious. I still have guests coming up to me talking about the venue and food. I highly recommend this venue for your wedding. You won't be disappointed at all! Thank you!
  • Janielle
    Janielle A. Married on 08/23/2019

Awesome venue

This venue is absolutely beautiful, my wife and I viewed this venue around Christmas 2018, they have many options for indoor and outdoor ceremony and reception, the staff is absolutely great
  • Jackie
    Jackie Married on 06/22/2019

A dream come true!

Bill Miller’s castle is a wedding venue that I thought I could only dream of. It is beautiful, unique, and has a charm unlike any other venue I have ever been to. I knew immediately after I toured that that I needed to get married there!! It was perfectly picturesque in every way imaginable.

Lisa and her staff go above and beyond throughout every aspect of planning. She was attentive, responsive, and flexible (her daughters, too!) Lisa is professional and extremely personable. She made me feel at ease throughout planning and on the day of my wedding. My wedding was one of the best days of my life and I can’t imagine it being as perfect without Lisa, her staff, and the remarkable venue!

Sharlene Married on 06/15/2019

Bill Millers helped make my day the best day

We had our wedding at Bill Miller's Castle 6/15/19 and the Bill Millers Castle team truly made it the best day ever. From the first day, they made the planning easy with so much detail in the finances, scheduling, and most of all they made us feel comfortable. Victoria answered all of my questions any day of the week and updated me on what should be done next and were able to easily make appointments with me to stop by the castle. Rehearsal was flawless and very direct with the schedule; I’ve been to so many weddings before where rehearsal is the one day thats very messy and I was so happy that the venue I chose was very precise with everything and also made me so excited at each moment. I was reminded by Lisa so many times to just take in the moment and breathe, and that really meant alot to me. When it was finally wedding day, the coordinators were there for me any time I needed, set up my day more beautiful than I could’ve ever imagined, brought me beverages, reminded me to take in the moments and eat my dinner haha, and helped make my night I’d never forget. On another note, the castle’s decor is incredible, so authentic and ornate with a photo opp in every corner. I can’t thank the coordinators and other vendors enough, they really made our wedding incredible!
    Kristen Married on 04/27/2019

Couldn’t have picked a better place!

As soon as I walked into Bill Miller’s Castle, I knew that was where I wanted to celebrate my marriage. Victoria, Lisa, and the rest of the staff were absolutely incredible to work with. Victoria was there every step of the way to answer questions and help in every way she could. The venue is so beautiful with so many places all over for gorgeous pictures. I can’t say enough wonderful things about the venue and everyone there. The food from La Luna was amazing and the Venetian Room was beautiful and so delicious! I highly recommend BMC!
    Rachel Married on 10/07/2018

Amazing experience

Couldn’t of asked for a better experience. I got amazing reviews on food and venue experience. Two friends booked with bill millers after my wedding due to how wonderful it was.
    Sandra Married on 09/29/2018
    Our wedding at Bill Miller’s Castle was an absolute dream! They truly put on a spectacular event that my friends and family are still talking about. I recommend this venue to everyone who is looking for a perfect wedding!!
  • Christine
    Christine A. Married on 09/23/2018

Perfect day!

Our wedding was this September! The day was perfect. Our guests loved the venue and and the amazing food! Victoria was wonderful. Highly recommend if you are looking to have your wedding at a unique, elegant castle.
    Courtney Married on 07/14/2018
    Victoria and the entire staff was amazing!! Everything ran smoothly and you did not feel rushed at all, the bridal suite is beautiful and everyone very helpful. If I had to do it all over again i would chose bill millers castle, Victoria and her mom made me so much less nervous and they are truly professionals. I couldn’t have asked for a better venue, it was worth every single penny.
    Gary Married on 06/03/2018
    Look no further, it is a lovely property. Lisa is easy to work with and the staff are great. Dinner is to die for and the sound system is professional set up. The uplighting and flowers are beautiful. The overall quality is unbelievable. Thank you for a wonderful wedding and everything you provided!