Bijou's Sweet Treats LLC Reviews

Bijou's Sweet Treats LLC 7
  • hserk

Hilary · Married on 06/15/2019

Beautiful and delicious!

Amy is AMAZING. It is pretty clear just by looking at her gorgeous creations, but then when you taste...wow!!! Not to mention she is so sweet and friendly! Both being teachers, my husband and I did our tasting very early - a whole year out (taking advantage of all the planning we could do in the summer months!). Throughout the following year of planning, we had some ideas come and go, and some other details change as well. Amy was super helpful and flexible with all of it. For our wedding, we did a small cutting cake and then a dessert table spread of cookies, cupcakes, cake pops, and mini pies. She helped us think through numbers and we had the perfect amount of everything! We got SO many compliments about how beautiful our display looked and how delicious everything was! We couldn't agree with those comments more. We are so happy Bijou's took care of our sweets!!!

Sent on 07/03/2019
    Bijou's Sweet Treats LLC 8
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 06/08/2019

Beautiful and Delicious!

Amy is super talented!! We had a wedding cake, cake pops, and macaroons - they were gorgeous and tasted amazing! She totally captured my vision.

Sent on 06/19/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly Conner · Married on 05/25/2019

Better than expected!

I am so happy I found Amy and Bijou's Sweet Treats for my wedding!
    I was really torn between three different styles/looks for my cake. Amy worked with me to get a feel for the venue and our overall theme and helped us tailor the look of the cake so that it fit in seamlessly with the rest of the decor. She listened to our ideas and quickly sketched out a beautiful design right there at our meeting. The final cake looked better than I ever could have imagined. It looked like an oil painting!
    Amy's creativity is plain to see - just browse any of the galleries and you can tell she is extremely talented. What you can't see is that the cakes taste just as amazing as they look! We told her what flavors we liked and she guided us to a few seasonal flavors. We ended up going with lemon/raspberry for some layers and chocolate for others; everyone commented on how amazing it tasted.
    I would absolutely recommend Bijou's Sweet Treats - I guarantee you will not be disappointed with one of Amy's works of art!

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Clare

Clare · Married on 05/18/2019

Delicious cake, super easy to work with

Seriously, I love cake, and this was some of the best I've ever had. Amy Chan was also awesome to work with, and didn't ever seem to mind my patchy responsiveness (although book with them early). We had our wedding at Shenandoah National Park, and they even coordinated with SNP to send up samples for the day of our food tasting!

Everything was perfect with the cake, including changes to the decorations I'd requested 2 weeks before the date, and it was set up with no hassle to us.

Awesome vendor!

Sent on 06/30/2019
  • Catherine

Catherine · Married on 05/03/2019

Artistic Vision

Amy took my idea for a unique cake that fit my wedding theme and brought it into reality. She’s an artist. On top of that- she’s a great baker too; it tasted as delicious as it looked. I was fortunate to find her and that she lived so close to my venue.

Sent on 05/25/2019

Bijou's Sweet Treats LLC's reply:

It was our pleasure Catherine! Thanks for letting us be a part of your special day. we enjoyed making your cake so we are glad to hear that you loved it as much as we did!
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 10/20/2018

We loved Bijou's Sweet Treats!

Amy was so fantastic to work with! Our desserts were so much fun and so delicious! We wanted something simple, but beautiful and it was absolute perfection! We can't wait to order anniversary desserts from Amy next year! Of all of our vendors, Amy was the most prompt in all of her responses and so thorough in explaining the process of delivery. She was also very flexible when we needed adjustment to our quantities, designs, etc. Overall, we would highly recommend based on fantastic quality, prompt and neat delivery, and excellent communication!

Sent on 12/08/2018
  • FutureMrsN

Corina & Chuck · Married on 10/07/2018

Art that tastes as good as it looks

Amy’s desserts are truly works of art, but beyond that, they taste amazing. My guests cannot stop talking about our dessert table from last weekend. If you are in the Luray area, do not look anywhere else.

Sent on 10/16/2018

Delphie · Married on 07/07/2018

Absolutely loved working with Amy. She was the most affordable baker in the Northern VA region, and on top of that she was the most receptive. She helped us come up with a beautiful design and also catered to our very specific cake flavors. We ended up going for a half of the tiers being chocolate, almond and raspberry and the other half's flavor was Jewish Apple Cake (We gave her the recipe and she made it work and it tasted delicious). Amy delivered the cake and also let us borrow a wood slab for free. The cake tasted amazing and it was stunning. Everyone at the wedding talked about how gorgeous and unique our cake was and how tasty it was. I could not recommend working with Bijou Sweet Treats more. Not only this but the cake testing was so fun and she made three different kinds of cakes for us with lots of small variations. She took the time to explain the implications of each choice and etc and I felt very listened to and important as a customer. We loved working with this vendor and will definitely be hiring them for other events!

Sent on 08/16/2018

Dan · Married on 06/16/2018

Bijou's was easy to work with, responsive, and a good value. They made us a beautiful two tier cake and arranged flowers from the florist on it. They also supplied two sheet cakes for our guests. The cake was delicious!

Sent on 06/19/2018
    Bijou's Sweet Treats LLC 9

Leah · Married on 05/12/2018

Bijou’s sweets made the most amazing cake and dessert for our wedding!!! They did exactly what I wanted and decorated it all perfectly! I can’t wait to have a slice again at our one year anniversary! I highly recommend!

Sent on 05/25/2018
  • Bride2Be

Nicole · Married on 04/28/2018

Amy was so sweet and kind to work with! During our tasting she baked individuals creations for us to try; two of which were flavors we requested and two additional ones. All four were delicious it was difficult to choose! She was willing to accommodate two flavors within the four tiered cake we decided on and it was amazing! We had a good amount of leftovers that guests were asking if they could have seconds! My husband and I both enjoy lightly frosted cakes over highly covered cakes with fondant and Amy did an excellent job. I loved that she was reasonably priced too! We had looked into other cake vendors but none could offer what Amy did and we’re so pleased with her work! I would return again for personal smaller cakes even! Also, even if you don’t plan to have a carrot cake wedding cake, make sure to try hers! It was the best carrot cake I’ve ever had.

Sent on 06/04/2018
  • Arthi

Arthi · Married on 04/15/2018

Amy, of Bijou's Sweet Treats, was amazing to work with. Very down to earth and definitely has inventive ideas, in terms of and flavors and looks, for the sugary goodness she makes. Not only are her cakes gorgeous, but they are absolutely delicious! So many of our wedding guests commented on the yummy flavor of the cakes and cookie favors she made for us. We settled on three cake flavors. Devil's Food Cake, Red Velvet (for our cutting cake) and a Blueberry Lavender Cake (exotic for sure, but it received so many positive comments!). In addition, I loved how our cutting cake looked, which she came up with based on the themes we had in our wedding. She had created a rendering for us so we could get an idea of how it would look and it came out simply perfect! You won't go wrong with hiring Bijou's Sweet Treats to make yummy cakes and cookies (or anything else I am sure) for your wedding reception. I HIGHLY recommend them to couples shopping for a sweet treat vendor.

Sent on 04/24/2018

Lauren · Married on 03/24/2018

Amy with Bijou's Sweet Treats is AMAZING! I had no vision of what I wanted my cake to look like until I met with Amy. We started chatting about a previous cake she had done and told me it was of the bride's lace dress. My dress had a very detailed lace design and we both got instantly excited thinking about making that the cake design. It was flawless! Amy is so much more than a baker; she is truly an artist. In addition to my beautiful wedding cake and cupcake spread, she took a family recipe and made my Grandmother's carrot cake for our rehearsal dinner on Friday evening. That too, was amazing, and tasted just like I remember. Amy made our wedding day so memorable through her various talents and we couldn't more grateful that we used her for our cakes. I wouldn't look anywhere else for a wedding cake - Amy can surely deliver in that area!

Sent on 04/01/2018

Jamie · Married on 11/18/2017

Amy is so wonderful to work with and my cake was not only beautiful but it was delicious. It was exactly what I wanted! Everyone loved the cake.

Sent on 11/26/2017
    Bijou's Sweet Treats LLC 14
    Bijou's Sweet Treats LLC 15
    Bijou's Sweet Treats LLC 16

Amanda · Married on 10/29/2017

We ordered individual pumpkin and apple pies instead of a traditional wedding cake, and they were fantastic - adorable-looking and tasted great! Bijou lent us a few cake stands to help create levels for displaying them - all we had to do was return them the next morning. They dropped the pies off and our caterers set them up. Super easy to work with and the pies were great.

Sent on 11/19/2017
    Bijou's Sweet Treats LLC 17
    Bijou's Sweet Treats LLC 18
  • tacticalturtle1991

Michelle · Married on 09/16/2017

Where to even start? Bijou's and Amy exceeded my expectations. First and foremost the desserts were absolutely amazing. We had unique and delicious cupcakes and cake that everyone was raving about. From the very beginning Amy was really responsive, and worked with every time I changed my mind (which was often). Somewhat last minute (about two months out from my wedding) I changed my entire order and requested a lavender honey blueberry cake I saw on pinterest. IT WAS AMAZING. We loved it. The cake and cupcakes were set up beautifully and were decorated to perfection. We loved working with Amy and would recommend her to anyone. She made our dessert dreams come true and you can truly tell she puts her heart into her work. Thank you Amy!!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Jessica · Married on 09/16/2017

Not only did we have a beautiful cake - it tasted great as well! The level of professionalism upon delivery was top notch, but Amy was so personal and friendly as well! From the beginning I knew she would be a great fit for us when she sent a hand-drawn sketch of her cake idea that matched our wedding...nothing but perfection!

Sent on 11/21/2017
    Bijou's Sweet Treats LLC 19

Rebecca · Married on 09/10/2017

We asked for a donut wall to be made in addition to the wonderful donuts they make. Even though this was something they have never done before, they right away agreed and came up with something that exceeded our expectations! The arrangement of deserts was wonderful, and not to mention they tasted amazing! We would highly recommend to anyone!

Sent on 12/13/2017

Jessi · Married on 09/02/2017

Our cake was gorgeous and delicious! From start to finish it was so easy to work with this vendor. They were responsive and professional. They messed up our filling flavor but felt so bad about it. Amy sent us a refund immediately even though we wouldn't have asked for if. Even with the wrong filling the cake was so yummy! We love this bakery!

Sent on 09/10/2017

Patricia · Married on 09/02/2017

I found Bijou's Sweet Treats through a recommendation of the venue. My original baker had to cancel due to a medical issue so when I called Amy with only 6 weeks until my wedding, she thankfully agreed to do my cake/dessert table. I drove out to Luray to meet with her and do a tasting. EVERYTHING she baked for us to try was outstanding! We settled on several items for the dessert table as well as the wedding cake. Amy set up the dessert table and it looked great and everything tasted outstanding. I am so happy I found her and if I had to do it all over again, she would be my first choice. My cake was beautiful, she did a great job setting up the table, and everybody enjoyed everything she made. She is a real joy to work with.

Sent on 09/15/2017
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 09/02/2017

Amy is wonderful, and her desserts are out of this world. She was our first tasting, and we didn't even bother to have a second (crazy, right?!). She's that good. We did an all-vegan dessert spread: 2-tiered cake, cupcakes, and mini-pies. They were fabulous, and the only extras we had were my husband's "Groom Pies" which we specifically set aside for him to have after the wedding; he loved them that much. I can't wait until our anniversary to order another cake from Amy!

Sent on 10/24/2017
    Bijou's Sweet Treats LLC 20

Brooke · Married on 07/15/2017

Amy was great!!! She was really helpful during my decision process, and the tasting was extremely helpful for deciding on flavors and types of frosting. We ended up getting a 4 tier cake, sheet cakes, and bar nuts from her. Super delicious and a stunning cake, would highly recommend!

Sent on 08/01/2017

Joan · Married on 06/10/2017

Amy did a wonderful job of providing my daughter's wedding with delicious desserts. She took our recipes and made the bride and groom's favorites to share with the guests. My only regret is that we should have ordered more. :)

Sent on 06/14/2017
  • Peach Snapple

Amy · Married on 05/26/2017

Very professional and delicious cake. We met halfway at a public place between her and me for the tasting, and still she made the presentation so cute with the golden forks and pink napkins. Amy can do whatever you want really, and she was good at narrowing down all the options to deliver what I really wanted for my wedding. She does great things with buttercream - flawless presentation. She also completed a customized cookie order for a separate event for me and they were probably the best sugar cookies I've ever had... perfect icing!

Sent on 06/22/2017

Alex · Married on 05/13/2017

The cake we got from Amy was amazing! It was absolutely beautiful, and delicious! Amy was very easy to work with, we had a tasting and gave our thoughts of what we liked for cakes, and she took it from there. She designed a unique cake that really fit with a rustic wedding theme, and all the guests loved it!

Sent on 06/03/2017