Bijou Bridal & Special Occasion Reviews

Bijou Bridal & Special Occasion 5
Bijou Bridal & Special Occasion 6
Bijou Bridal & Special Occasion 7

Jamie · Getting married on 07/13/2019

I just said YES TO THE DRESS at Bijou! What a pleasant experience! I heard of Bijou from a friend and figured I'd give it a try. I went to the shop with ZERO expectations of buying anything, especially after an unpleasant visit from another boutique a few weeks prior. I went thinking that I would never be able to find the dress I love in my budget well I was so wrong! Despina is the lady who helped me and allowed me and my family to pull dresses we liked. She knew exactly what I wanted and saved the best dress for last. Even though I was not planning on it, there was no way I could pass up this opportunity to buy the dress of my dreams in my budget. I highly recommend this boutique to any bride. Also ask for an appointment with Despina- she really knows her stuff. She was honest, knowledgeable, and considerate. I am SOO happy I made the appointment at BIjou!

Kerri · Getting married on 07/12/2019

It was the one and only place I looked! I made an appt to start looking at dresses, not thinking I would actually find it at my first appt. They had many styles of dresses in my price range and made it very easy to find what I wanted. We started out with me picking dresses to try, but once we started trying and seeing my style preference change, the consultant, Karen, stepped in and helped guide me in the right direction. I never felt rushed, and Karen was very honest and respectful when she liked or disliked a dress. If it didn't look good, she didn't try to convince me otherwise and I very much appreciate that. I found a dress that day and couldn't have been happier with the overall experience.

Megan · Getting married on 06/21/2019

I just purchased my stunning wedding gown this past weekend at Bijou Bridal in Paramus, NJ. I had the most wonderful experience! Everyone who works there is so friendly and my consultant Haley was seriously the sweetest ever. She listed to my likes and dislikes, had me look through the dresses for any that caught my eye, and my family did the same.
    She noticed me gravitate to a dress on a mannequin a few times and pulled it right off for me to try on. It was the first wedding dress I ever tried on, and it was the one I fell in love with. I proceeded to try on a total of eleven dresses to rule out different styles and silhouettes, but number one was my dress! Haley listened to all the things I told her I loved in a dress and it literally checked off every single one.
    Such a great consultant. Such a wonderful experience. So glad I found Bijou Bridal online and decided to make the 1.5 hour drive to them, rather than staying local and risking settling.
    Thank you so much to Haley and the staff at Bijou Paramus for treating me like I was the star of the day and helping me find the most beautiful wedding dress!

Valerie · Getting married on 06/01/2019

I had a wonderful experience at Bijou Bridal! My bridal attendant, Despina, was very helpful and knowledgeable. She listened carefully to the type of dress I was looking for and was able to find me the perfect gown! They have a nice selection of dresses and everyone seemed very friendly. Overall, I had a great experience!

• Kimmy

Kimmy · Married on 11/03/2018

Absolutely amazing. If you're looking for a wedding dress stop looking, and book your appointment right now at Bijou with Despina!! I went into the store with no idea what kind of dress I wanted Despina was absolutely fantastic!! She helped me find the best kind of dress that fit my style and body. Found my perfect dress right away, but looked at other stores just to look around.My advice- don't waste your time shopping around! No other store compares in their level of service, knowledge, and selection. So I hurried right back and got the dress of my dreams and I couldn't be happier!

Ashley · Married on 10/27/2018

I was able to to work with Despina and Krystal. They were AMAZING. They made that day with my mother, mother-in-law to be, and two sisters SO special and so fun. Our other experiences at bridal shops were slightly rushed and stressful. However, when I was at Bijou Bridal, they made me feel like I was the only woman in the building and truly made it a day I will look back and smile about forever. This was a day I dreamt about my whole life and I couldn't have imagined a better experience while finding the dress of my dreams. Despina and Krystal listened to what feedback I told them on each dress and even catered to my emotions and feelings during the appointment to help me make a choice to buy the most incredible dress for my wedding day. I can't thank them enough!

• Mercedes

Mercedes · Married on 10/11/2018

Wedding dress

From the first apt they were professional. My attendant was very knowledgeable on the dresses and helped me to pick out something for my body type. She was very helpful and kind and offered great suggestions. The seamstress was very sweet and taylored my dress perfectly. I am so happy I chose them. Everyone loved my dress. I was getting compliments all night.

Lesley · Married on 10/06/2018

I bought my wedding dress from Bijou Bridal. The staff was amazing, so nice and helpful and really bent over backwards for us. The dress I fell in love with was not being made anymore. They only had one more of the dress, other then the sample in storage. It was pouring out that night and the ladies were so sweet they went and pulled the last one that they had from there storage unit for me to try. It was love!!! This was only the start of them being amazing, because the dress was the last one it was a size bigger on me, when I first bought it. Over the months I lost weight and went down about 4 dress sizes. This would not have been a problem, but because my dress was fully beaded I began to panic. I was so in love with my dress that I did not want to have to buy another one because I lost so much weight. When I came in for my fitting and got the pleasure of work with Farzan. SHE IS INCREDIBLE!! Pure talent!! What I was so worried about, she said, wasn't a problem. She took my dress and made it fit like a glove! She listens to what I wanted and makes everything beautiful.. She has great ideas! We were so happy with my dress, my Mom ended up buying her dress at Bijou as well. Of course we request the most amazing seamstress again Farzan and she didn't disappoint. My Mom had straps created for her dress and she also had a center lace piece created to cover her up more. Just STUNNING WORK!!! My Recommendation is to shop here and ask for FARZAN!!!!

Jennifer · Married on 10/05/2018

My Experience with Bijou Bridal was nothing short of amazing! They have such a beautiful assortment of dresses to choose from however the first dress i saw, i picked! It is so well made an a lot of bang for your buck, it is absolutely gorgeous!

I started my fitting with Frzan a few weeks ago and she is incredible! I had to get the dress a lot larger due to my bust and she altered it to fit me like a glove! not to mention I've lost 20+ lbs from when I first picked my dress and it was never an issue for her to make it fit beautifully and look like it was made for my body. She hand made the most beautiful straps and every time i went in for a fitting everything was ready for me! I highly recommend her! She is AMAZING!!!!!

• Helen

Helen · Married on 08/12/2018

After searching to no avail at multiple boutiques, I found my dream gown at Bijou. The boutique is absolutely lovely and the staff was more than helpful. Kelly helped me select my dress and Diana tailored it to perfection. I felt more beautiful than I ever imagined I could have felt on my wedding day and I owe it to the patience and kindness of the staff at Bijou!

Bijou Bridal & Special Occasion 8
    Bijou Bridal & Special Occasion 9
    Bijou Bridal & Special Occasion 10
    Bijou Bridal & Special Occasion 11

Alexis · Married on 08/11/2018

I loved all of the selection at Bijou Bridal. I originally chose my dress at the Honolulu location and both locations are working with me to prepare the dress for the big day. As soon as I arrived I felt very special and there was a huge selection. Upon ordering my dress I was sent an email with all of the information and I have been receiving updates. The staff is very helpful and I cannot wait to find my bridesmaid dresses there.

Kristy · Married on 07/03/2018

What a beautiful, stressless, and unforgettable experience, I had at Bijou Bridal. From their friendly staff to their beautiful bridal grown selection, I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Karen, our bridal dress attendant, was absolutely amazing by helping me every-step-of-the-way with choosing THE DRESS! She was positive, kind, and so very heart warming! After when I said YES to the dress, I met the bridal dress seamstress, who in fact is extremely talented, Farzaneh. With her patience, understanding, and compassion I will be walking down the aisle marrying the love of my life with the dress of my dreams! <333 thank you!! xoxo

Ashley · Married on 05/17/2018

I found the wedding dress of my dreams at Bijou in Paramus. During my very first appointment and within the first few dresses, I knew that this was my dress. I was blown away by their designer choices, especially their designer that is unique to Bijou. The bead work on my dress was absolutely stunning and I could not have asked for a smoother process with my dress and my bridesmaids dresses as well. Thank you!

Bijou Bridal & Special Occasion 12
    Bijou Bridal & Special Occasion 13

Catherine · Married on 05/12/2018

I LOVED shopping for my wedding dress at Bijou. The staff is so nice and helpful and really make you feel beautiful. They also do alterations for the gowns on site. My seamstress Farzaneh did an absolutely FABULOUS job on my dress. It fit like a glove and I didn't want to take it off. She is so amazing and I highly recommend you ask for her and check out Bijou!

Alana · Married on 04/20/2018

I had a great experience with Bijou Bridal. Everyone there was very attentive and organized. I said yes to the dress on my first visit thanks to Despina. I also did my alterations there. I didn’t have one single issue and was a very happy bride! THANK YOU BIJOU BRIDAL!

-Alana

Noelle · Married on 04/06/2018

My dress was a showstopper thanks to the staff a Bijou. From my initial appt. to my alterations, I was beyond impressed with the helpful and wonderful staff. Booking my appt. during the week allowed more privacy to look at and try on the dresses. So many beautiful styles to choose from and the prices are completely affordable. A gracious thank you to Barbara for her magic touch with alterations, the dress fit like it was made for me. Also, multiple other staff during my alteration appts. went above and beyond to ensure any question etc. was answered. I am so glad I choose Bijou.

Bijou Bridal & Special Occasion 14
    Bijou Bridal & Special Occasion 15

Raya · Married on 03/17/2018

After all of my friends telling me about Bijou Bridal, I had to check this place out for myself. It was the first place I visited for wedding dress shopping, and I'm so glad! Right from the start, the ladies up front were warm and welcoming. The store was nicely put together with plenty of options to choose from.

The woman who helped me was named Despina, and she was beyond helpful. I was close to clueless when it came to shapes and designs of dresses, but I knew what I liked and didn't like, so Despina worked her magic. I chose a total of 5 dresses to try on, and low and behold, the last one (which is a Bijou Bridal design) took me and my family's breath away.

The level of service and professionalism following after purchasing the dress was on par, too. Betty was my seamstress and was very patient throughout the entire process. She paid very close attention to all the little details of the dress and my wants/needs.

If I can give this place 3 thumbs up, I would!

Melisa · Married on 09/02/2017

I went to Bijou Bridal twice within a month and had Despina as my consultant. She is FANTASTIC, and really wonderful to work with. She was very kind, patient, and helpful, making the entire process very smooth. She was able to pull various dresses based on what she thought would work well, and overall was so great to work with. Bijou has a wide selection of dresses and takes good care of their customers. I highly recommend Bijou Bridal and Despina!

Morgan · Married on 08/05/2017

My wedding was 8/5/17 and I had a great experience with Bijou. I never felt pressured to choose a dress and they made me feel so comfortable. I think many brides get stressed when they are dress shopping but I had the best day ever! Also, when my dress came in, my seamstress was wonderful. She paid attention to detail and made sure it was a perfect fit. I'm so happy I chose them!

Jackie · Married on 07/03/2017

My experience at Bijou was absolutely amazing. Lisa was extremely helpful and made the entire experience of both finding my dress and then setting up my fittings very easy and special. The dresses at Bijou are stunning. All different types and designs. I could not be any happier with my dress and the costumer service that I received at this Bridal store. Deanna was my favorite! She was so so sweet and was a perfectionist when it came to fitting my dress and went above and beyond to make sure that I looked beautiful for my wedding day. She was such a pleasure to work with and made me feel beautiful during each fitting I had. My dress looked SO perfect on my wedding day and I am still getting compliments on how gorgeous it looked. Bijou helped me look like a princess and I have never felt so beautiful in my entire life. Thank you so much Bijou for helping me find my perfect wedding dress and making my wedding dreams come true!

michele · Married on 05/21/2017

My dress was perfect. It was tailored perfectly to my body and everything about it was great.

Tara · Married on 05/19/2017

The bridal party selected their bridesmaid dresses at Bijou Bridal and Special Occasion for my wedding on May 19, 2017. The location of the salon is convenient to all major highways; this was important for my bridal party as they were traveling for the appointment from New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. We had the pleasure of working with Megan; she was knowledgeable and patient. Megan knew the perfect dresses to pull for my ladies to try on (this was not an easy feat). My maid of honor is petite. One of my bridesmaids is average and curvy. The other bridesmaid is plus size and insecure about her body. My junior bridesmaid (14 years old) needed a modest look. We chose the designer Bill Levkoff Style #779 in the color Regency (royal purple). I would highly recommend Megan and Bijou Bridal! - Tara (Werner) Quagliato

mallory · Married on 04/08/2017

My mom and I visited Bijou for her Mother of the bride gown. Bijou was not my first choice as I went to another store first and had a terrible experience. The other store was so packed, all of the dresses were in plastic bags and they wouldn't let you touch them, and they were in a rush (and rude). At Bijou, they stopped and took their time to get to know my mom and I, what works for her, how does she want to look and how she wants to feel. The dresses are displayed beautifully and not in bags so you can touch, feel and easily compare dresses. Compared to other stores, it comes across that they don't have a large selection but once my mom started trying, we realized she had plenty of options. Our main goal is for my mom to not look like a "typical" mother of the bride. At Bijou, they had so many evening down dresses with decadent beading and details. The dress my mom ended up selecting was coincidentally "on tour" as I think it was a trunk show piece. We ordered the dress in late August 2016 and it was ready in December 2016 just in time for January/February alterations for an April wedding. The girls at the front desk were super polite and the sales associate (Megan I believe) didn't lie to my mom, she told her when she looked great and was very nice when saying she could go for a better option. Her honesty and compassion to my mom made me so happy because this is her days as much as it is mine. I thought the dress was also going to be $1000 but it was half the price! So not only do they have a great selection, but their pricing is on point! We didnt use Bijou for alterations as we went into the city where I was getting my dress altered. If you want high quality well known designer gowns at a great price and great customer service, go to Bijou!

Megan · Married on 03/25/2017

I went to Bijou Bridal for my 3/25/17 wedding in October of 2015. They were extremely helpful and friendly! I tried on about 8 dresses and found the most perfect dress, but I was hesitant to make a decision so quickly, so I left and told them I'd be back. They didn't pressure me or make me feel guilty or even try to push it on me. They told me to think it over and they'll be there whenever I make up my mind. Well, no more than 5 days later I was there purchasing my BEAUTIFUL bridal gown. Thank you x a million!

Kristen · Married on 02/18/2017

I went to Bijou for my wedding dress after going to four other places. I was all over the place with my "vision" which probably drove some other consultants crazy but I finally knew exactly what I was looking for when I went to Bijou. I didn't think I'd have many options but I was able to try on SO many dresses that met most of my wish list and was within my budget. They give you free rein to look, touch, and explore all of the dresses before trying any on which I think is a big plus for a bridal salon. I went to others that did not offer the same experience which could be one reason why I did not find what I was looking for. My consultant Despina was amazing and the rest of the staff was equally enjoyable to chat with. I was even there for about an hour after closing and no one seemed to mind at all! Everyone was kind, supportive, patient, and non-pushy. Farzon completed my alterations. Altering the wedding dress was a scary thing for me but she did a beautiful job and added the perfect bustle! I highly recommend Bijou to anyone shopping for a wedding dress.