267 Reviews for Bijou Bridal & Special Occasion

Jewelry (4)
Flower Girls (3)
Shoes (2)
267 Bijou Bridal & Special Occasion Reviews

I just said YES TO THE DRESS at Bijou! What a pleasant experience! I heard of Bijou from a friend and figured I'd give it a try. I went to the shop with ZERO expectations of buying anything, especially after an unpleasant visit from another boutique a few weeks prior. I went thinking that I would never be able to find the dress I love in my budget well I was so wrong! Despina is the lady who helped me and allowed me and my family to pull dresses we liked. She knew exactly what I wanted and saved the best dress for last. Even though I was not planning on it, there was no way I could pass up this opportunity to buy the dress of my dreams in my budget. I highly recommend this boutique to any bride. Also ask for an appointment with Despina- she really knows her stuff. She was honest, knowledgeable, and considerate. I am SOO happy I made the appointment at BIjou!

Profile Picture Jamie, 7/13/19, 2 Reviews
4.2

I walked in disappointed after earlier appt called to cancel on me. I figured I would give Bijou a call and they were able to get me in within an hour! I had a mindset of a Hayley Paige dress, and I just so happended to be paired with a stylist named Hayley(sp?)! I loved how she let me and my friends + family walk around the floor to pick our personal top favorites, that way she would be able to see the direction I was headed as far as style goes. She was so kind and helpful and made me feel comfortable the entire time while changing in and out of the bridal gowns- pro tip* it definitely makes a difference trying on gowns with spanks! It gives you a smooth clean silhouette and makes the dresses a breeze changing in and out of!

They carry so many styles and price points which I loved. I highly suggest having a photo or a few of exactly what you have in mind so they can see your untimate vision too.

I ended up going with the Hayley Paige dress and I’m in love!!!

Definitely recommend giving them a visit and just have fun with it!

Profile Picture Sarah, 3/16/19, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Jewelry, Veils

Absolutely amazing. If you're looking for a wedding dress stop looking, and book your appointment right now at Bijou with Despina!! I went into the store with no idea what kind of dress I wanted Despina was absolutely fantastic!! She helped me find the best kind of dress that fit my style and body. Found my perfect dress right away, but looked at other stores just to look around.My advice- don't waste your time shopping around! No other store compares in their level of service, knowledge, and selection. So I hurried right back and got the dress of my dreams and I couldn't be happier!

Profile Picture Kimmy, 11/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I was able to to work with Despina and Krystal. They were AMAZING. They made that day with my mother, mother-in-law to be, and two sisters SO special and so fun. Our other experiences at bridal shops were slightly rushed and stressful. However, when I was at Bijou Bridal, they made me feel like I was the only woman in the building and truly made it a day I will look back and smile about forever. This was a day I dreamt about my whole life and I couldn't have imagined a better experience while finding the dress of my dreams. Despina and Krystal listened to what feedback I told them on each dress and even catered to my emotions and feelings during the appointment to help me make a choice to buy the most incredible dress for my wedding day. I can't thank them enough!

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

What a beautiful, stressless, and unforgettable experience, I had at Bijou Bridal. From their friendly staff to their beautiful bridal grown selection, I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Karen, our bridal dress attendant, was absolutely amazing by helping me every-step-of-the-way with choosing THE DRESS! She was positive, kind, and so very heart warming! After when I said YES to the dress, I met the bridal dress seamstress, who in fact is extremely talented, Farzaneh. With her patience, understanding, and compassion I will be walking down the aisle marrying the love of my life with the dress of my dreams!

Profile Picture Kristy, 7/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I found the wedding dress of my dreams at Bijou in Paramus. During my very first appointment and within the first few dresses, I knew that this was my dress. I was blown away by their designer choices, especially their designer that is unique to Bijou. The bead work on my dress was absolutely stunning and I could not have asked for a smoother process with my dress and my bridesmaids dresses as well. Thank you!

Photo for Bijou Bridal & Special Occasion Review - Wedding dress designer unique to Bijou.
Photo for Bijou Bridal & Special Occasion Review - Bridesmaid dresses were purchased through Bijou.
Profile Picture Ashley, 5/17/18, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids, Veils

I LOVED shopping for my wedding dress at Bijou. The staff is so nice and helpful and really make you feel beautiful. They also do alterations for the gowns on site. My seamstress Farzaneh did an absolutely FABULOUS job on my dress. It fit like a glove and I didn't want to take it off. She is so amazing and I highly recommend you ask for her and check out Bijou!

Profile Picture Catherine, 5/12/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I had a great experience with Bijou Bridal. Everyone there was very attentive and organized. I said yes to the dress on my first visit thanks to Despina. I also did my alterations there. I didn’t have one single issue and was a very happy bride! THANK YOU BIJOU BRIDAL!

-Alana

Profile Picture Alana, 4/20/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

My dress was a showstopper thanks to the staff a Bijou. From my initial appt. to my alterations, I was beyond impressed with the helpful and wonderful staff. Booking my appt. during the week allowed more privacy to look at and try on the dresses. So many beautiful styles to choose from and the prices are completely affordable. A gracious thank you to Barbara for her magic touch with alterations, the dress fit like it was made for me. Also, multiple other staff during my alteration appts. went above and beyond to ensure any question etc. was answered. I am so glad I choose Bijou.

Profile Picture Noelle , 4/6/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Veils, Bride

After all of my friends telling me about Bijou Bridal, I had to check this place out for myself. It was the first place I visited for wedding dress shopping, and I'm so glad! Right from the start, the ladies up front were warm and welcoming. The store was nicely put together with plenty of options to choose from.

The woman who helped me was named Despina, and she was beyond helpful. I was close to clueless when it came to shapes and designs of dresses, but I knew what I liked and didn't like, so Despina worked her magic. I chose a total of 5 dresses to try on, and low and behold, the last one (which is a Bijou Bridal design) took me and my family's breath away.

The level of service and professionalism following after purchasing the dress was on par, too. Betty was my seamstress and was very patient throughout the entire process. She paid very close attention to all the little details of the dress and my wants/needs.

If I can give this place 3 thumbs up, I would!

Profile Picture Raya, 3/17/18, 6 Reviews
4.1

Bijou Bridal is amazing and would recommend anyone to go here. Karyn, she was AMAZING. Was very patient in helping me find "the one" dress. Coming from a girl who went to NY and actually BOUGHT at dress at Kleinfeld, HATED the NY Kleinfeld experience, Bijou was so personal and they made you feel at home.

Diana for alterations was EXQUISITE. My dress was a huge ballgown and her alterations were amazing.

MY ONLY ISSUE -- picking up my dressing friday afternoon, bc they said it would have been steamed the day of. my dress was ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS when I got home, hung it up and removed the bag. HORRENDOUS. It was NEVER steamed. I had to pay additional money for another boutique woman to come to my house and spend 2 hours steaming out my entire gown. this is the only reason I cannot give full stars and still haven't heard from them regarding this big problem. even after 12 hours in my dress, in and out of the limo, sitting and standing, I had NO LINES left in my satin ball gown in which they claimed that the lines were from being in the bag, BOGUS !!!! it was never steamed and almost spending 10k to their location, I still am not happy about that!

Overall, I would go back and would recommend to brides!

Profile Picture Nena, 12/3/17, 5 Reviews
0.5

Very poor experience. Exceptionally poor customer service and quality. Gown ripped open the night before the wedding. We paid FULL price for the gown. When I called to ask for a partial refund, I was insulted and humiliated by the management team. Would not recommend going here. We went to the Bijou Bridal in Oakbrook, IL Lack of customer service and professionalism by the leadership in New Jersey. Poor quality dress. In fairness of the Oakbrook staff they did offer and were on the way to fix it when I called to let them know about the issue, but the bride and her sister had already resolved the issue.

Photo for Bijou Bridal & Special Occasion Review - We had to sew the eye and hooks on
Photo for Bijou Bridal & Special Occasion Review - We did not have white so had to get nail polish to cover it.
Profile Picture Deb, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Veils

I can't say enough how much I truly enjoyed working with Bijou bridal, more importantly with Hayley specifically. She was AMAZING! First about the store itself - it was easy to make appointments. I usually made them for a Saturday, as it is hard for me to get there during the week. I found that making a 4:30 appointment (their last appointment of the day) or 10am appointment (earlier in the day) made our experience less rushed or stressful. They offered a variety of gowns from different designers, all in different price ranges so it is easy to find something no matter what your budget is. Anything I tried on, I made sure to keep in my price range so I would not be disappointed :)
Now to Hayley - From my first appointment, I could tell she would really be able to help me find the dress of my dreams. You know you are working with a true professional when you can show her a picture of a gown that you are interested in and she can pick that exact dress out of an entire floor in seconds. She was incredibly patient with me, working with me over the course of 4 consultation appointments to find exactly what I wanted. We had fun, trying on multiple gowns each time I came in! I was always greeted with a smile and she was truly excited for me when I finally found my dress. She was honest with me, helping me decide what I liked and what I did not like. I went in looking for one style and wound up with something completely different (that I love!) due to her expertise. Ask for her by name, Hayley is a gem. Thank you Bijou for a wonderful experience. Can't wait to come back with my bridesmaids for their dresses!

Profile Picture Stefani, 10/6/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids, Flower Girls, Mother of Bride, Mother of Groom

I went to Bijou Bridal twice within a month and had Despina as my consultant. She is FANTASTIC, and really wonderful to work with. She was very kind, patient, and helpful, making the entire process very smooth. She was able to pull various dresses based on what she thought would work well, and overall was so great to work with. Bijou has a wide selection of dresses and takes good care of their customers. I highly recommend Bijou Bridal and Despina!

Profile Picture Melisa, 9/2/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Veils, Bride
4.1

After seeing a handful of stores, I found THE dress at this amazing store. It has such gorgeous dresses at affordable prices. The woman who did the alterations was also great; nice and helpful. The only thing I don't like is that you can't go for a fitting/alterations on the weekends and it was sometimes hard to coordinate a time/date during the week due to crazy work hours. Either way, I don't regret choosing my dress from here. It was absolutely stunning! Thank you again!

Profile Picture Sandra, 8/13/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

My wedding was 8/5/17 and I had a great experience with Bijou. I never felt pressured to choose a dress and they made me feel so comfortable. I think many brides get stressed when they are dress shopping but I had the best day ever! Also, when my dress came in, my seamstress was wonderful. She paid attention to detail and made sure it was a perfect fit. I'm so happy I chose them!

Profile Picture Morgan, 8/5/17, 6 Reviews
1.0

This place was garbage. Its rare that i find so many things wrong with a place however i had such a terrible experience here that after i bought my dress, i went to another bridal salon & found my dream dress. Several of the workers here are super unprofessional which i observed other patrons experience. I got stuck several times with pins during my fitting and the place is unhygenic. This place is covered in dirty carpet with pins everywhere. Coming here was the biggest & worse mistake out of my wedding ventures.

Profile Picture Myia, 7/22/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

My experience at Bijou was absolutely amazing. Lisa was extremely helpful and made the entire experience of both finding my dress and then setting up my fittings very easy and special. The dresses at Bijou are stunning. All different types and designs. I could not be any happier with my dress and the costumer service that I received at this Bridal store. Deanna was my favorite! She was so so sweet and was a perfectionist when it came to fitting my dress and went above and beyond to make sure that I looked beautiful for my wedding day. She was such a pleasure to work with and made me feel beautiful during each fitting I had. My dress looked SO perfect on my wedding day and I am still getting compliments on how gorgeous it looked. Bijou helped me look like a princess and I have never felt so beautiful in my entire life. Thank you so much Bijou for helping me find my perfect wedding dress and making my wedding dreams come true!

Profile Picture Jackie, 7/3/17, 9 Reviews
4.7

This was my first visit to a bridal shop. Megan was our consultant, and she was very responsive to our questions and pulled dresses based on what I liked. As it was my first appointment, I wanted to try on dresses that were all different styles and material so I could at least narrow down what I wanted. I left the shop with an idea of the style and dress, thanks to Megan's help.

Profile Picture User5169978, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Bride

My dress was perfect. It was tailored perfectly to my body and everything about it was great.

Profile Picture michele, 5/21/17, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Bride

The women at Bijou were so helpful throughout the finding and altering of my dress. My seamstress was wonderful and created exactly what I was imagining. I was complimented all night on how amazing the dress was. The owners were absolutely wonderful and helped every step of the way. My mother also bought her dress here and was very happy with the result. Family friends recommended them and I would definitely recommend them to others.

Profile Picture Jamie, 5/20/17, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Mother of Bride, Veils

The bridal party selected their bridesmaid dresses at Bijou Bridal and Special Occasion for my wedding on May 19, 2017. The location of the salon is convenient to all major highways; this was important for my bridal party as they were traveling for the appointment from New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. We had the pleasure of working with Megan; she was knowledgeable and patient. Megan knew the perfect dresses to pull for my ladies to try on (this was not an easy feat). My maid of honor is petite. One of my bridesmaids is average and curvy. The other bridesmaid is plus size and insecure about her body. My junior bridesmaid (14 years old) needed a modest look. We chose the designer Bill Levkoff Style #779 in the color Regency (royal purple). I would highly recommend Megan and Bijou Bridal! - Tara (Werner) Quagliato

Profile Picture User4688215, 1+ year ago, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Bridesmaids

My mom and I visited Bijou for her Mother of the bride gown. Bijou was not my first choice as I went to another store first and had a terrible experience. The other store was so packed, all of the dresses were in plastic bags and they wouldn't let you touch them, and they were in a rush (and rude). At Bijou, they stopped and took their time to get to know my mom and I, what works for her, how does she want to look and how she wants to feel. The dresses are displayed beautifully and not in bags so you can touch, feel and easily compare dresses. Compared to other stores, it comes across that they don't have a large selection but once my mom started trying, we realized she had plenty of options. Our main goal is for my mom to not look like a "typical" mother of the bride. At Bijou, they had so many evening down dresses with decadent beading and details. The dress my mom ended up selecting was coincidentally "on tour" as I think it was a trunk show piece. We ordered the dress in late August 2016 and it was ready in December 2016 just in time for January/February alterations for an April wedding. The girls at the front desk were super polite and the sales associate (Megan I believe) didn't lie to my mom, she told her when she looked great and was very nice when saying she could go for a better option. Her honesty and compassion to my mom made me so happy because this is her days as much as it is mine. I thought the dress was also going to be $1000 but it was half the price! So not only do they have a great selection, but their pricing is on point! We didnt use Bijou for alterations as we went into the city where I was getting my dress altered. If you want high quality well known designer gowns at a great price and great customer service, go to Bijou!

Profile Picture mallory, 4/8/17, 13 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I went to Bijou Bridal for my 3/25/17 wedding in October of 2015. They were extremely helpful and friendly! I tried on about 8 dresses and found the most perfect dress, but I was hesitant to make a decision so quickly, so I left and told them I'd be back. They didn't pressure me or make me feel guilty or even try to push it on me. They told me to think it over and they'll be there whenever I make up my mind. Well, no more than 5 days later I was there purchasing my BEAUTIFUL bridal gown. Thank you x a million!

Profile Picture Megan, 3/25/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I went to Bijou for my wedding dress after going to four other places. I was all over the place with my "vision" which probably drove some other consultants crazy but I finally knew exactly what I was looking for when I went to Bijou. I didn't think I'd have many options but I was able to try on SO many dresses that met most of my wish list and was within my budget. They give you free rein to look, touch, and explore all of the dresses before trying any on which I think is a big plus for a bridal salon. I went to others that did not offer the same experience which could be one reason why I did not find what I was looking for. My consultant Despina was amazing and the rest of the staff was equally enjoyable to chat with. I was even there for about an hour after closing and no one seemed to mind at all! Everyone was kind, supportive, patient, and non-pushy. Farzon completed my alterations. Altering the wedding dress was a scary thing for me but she did a beautiful job and added the perfect bustle! I highly recommend Bijou to anyone shopping for a wedding dress.

Profile Picture Kristen, 2/18/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Hair Accessories, Veils, Bride, Bridesmaids, Flower Girls, Mother of Bride, Mother of Groom