BigTime Video Services Reviews

116 | Monterey, CA

116 Reviews for BigTime Video Services

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Amie · Married on 09/14/2008

When Jason & I first started planning our wedding, I had already dug my heels in about not having a videographer on our wedding day. I’ve been a bridesmaid in a lot of weddings and I’ve seen some pretty pushy and obnoxious videographers. We were planning a very intimate beachside ceremony in Monterey and I felt it would be too intrusive to have a videographer there.

Then we decided to have a celebration party for all our friends and family that weren’t able to attend our wedding and do a movie premier theme to show our wedding video. I was still determined not involve a videographer! I thought we could just set a video camera up in the corner and let it rip! How hard could it be, right? ;)

My mom and sister STRONGLY encouraged me to contact a videographer since we were building the entire party theme around having a quality video. So I grudgingly did.

I am happy to say that I was sooooo wrong about everything!

I contacted Peri and Big Time Video through my vendor list and from my first interaction with her I knew it was a wise choice to use her services. Her sincerity and professionalism came shining through! It is obvious that she is an artist that loves her work and she works hard to dispel the preconceived notions about videography.

Our wedding video is my most favorite thing about our wedding day…other than marrying the love of my life!!! It is a multidimensional sensory experience that pictures just cannot capture—no matter who your photographer is!
    Peri and Jana captured all the energy, emotion, music, and vocal nuances of one of the most magical day of our lives! The visual experience of being able to relive it all in a beautifully choreographed time capsule is invaluable to me. I am so utterly grateful that my mom & sister demanded that I revisit the idea of having a videographer!

And lastly I would like to add something about the interviews that they did. It is so special to have our parents and family members’ well wishes and expressions of love captured on film. Our families tend to be very shy and I didn’t want them feeling harassed. Peri is definitely a people person and was able to (in a very gentle, professional and often humorous way) create a space in which my family felt very comfortable opening up to her and sharing their stories.

I will treasure our wedding video forever. There really aren’t enough words to describe how special it is to see yourself, your husband to be, family and friends in the throes of love and celebration and to know that this moment is captured in real time, for all time.

Sent on 11/02/2008

Kate · Married on 07/19/2008

Big Time Video captured the atmosphere of my wedding perfectly. The highlights video is something I will watch for years and be instantly brought back to my wedding day. Everything and everyone looked perfect on film and it turned out even better than I ever thought a wedding video could.

Sent on 10/06/2008

Mandy · Married on 10/19/2007

Peri at Big time video was great! I absolutely love my wedding video. I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 01/03/2008

Josh · Married on 08/04/2007

We are very happy we decided to get a videographer - and couldn't be happier we chose Peri at Big Time Video. Peri was extremely easy to work with throughout the process, was great to have at the wedding and we absolutely love the finished product (as does everyone in our family). We cannot imagine being without the wonderful memories on DVD of the ceremony, toasts, dancing and everything else we missed while busy with pictures, etc. The quality of the finished video is amazing - Peri blended our music choices perfectly with wonderful footage of the whole afternoon, truly making it "our" video. During the wedding day itself, Peri and her crew were totally unobtrusive - my wife didn't even notice any cameras at the ceremony - yet they captured every part of the day we wanted. We are so thankful we got a videographer - and Peri and Big Time Video was a perfect choice. We highly recommend them to anyone!

Katy · Married on 06/02/2007

Peri and Big Time Video made a fabulous video for our wedding. She is amazing! Her video captured the magic of our day and our families cannot watch it enough times! The interviews she has with the guests create a precious collection for the long version of the video and her highlights videos are just magical. At first, I did not think we needed a videographer, but now I couldn't imagine having a wedding without a professional videographer to capture the memories of your special day -- from the dancing, the toasts, the laughter. Take my advice, use her as your videographer and you'll thank me that you did!

Sent on 01/05/2008

Judy · Married on 05/25/2007

Both me and my husband would strongly recommend Big Time Video Services. We are so happy that we went with them!! Peri was amazing and she captured our wedding day perfectly! We watch our wedding DVD all the time and we still shed tears of happiness. And the editing and the final product is truly magical!
    Both me and my husband agree that we would not change a thing about our wedding DVD because it is simply perfect! "Our dream wedding video come true."

All our family is so in love with the video too, they love to watch it because Peri (and some of her crew) captured all the beautiful moments, but at the same time Peri has this way of capturing it all without being obtrusive! I was amazed on how we never even realized we were being filmed, it was wonderful!

Our experience with Peri at Big Time Video Services was wonderful and we would not change it for the world. Thank you so much Peri!

• O

Olivette · Married on 01/25/2007

Peri and er team are pros. Patient and easy to work with. I'd recommend them anytime. Our wedding video is lovely and I'm so glad we decided to do it.

For those who think they don't need a video record of one of the biggest days of their lives...I'd say,..."think again!" It's well worth it and BigTime Video is well worth it as well.

Sent on 02/06/2009

Sarah · Married on 05/19/2017

We had a small ceremony in Carmel Valley CA. As we live on the East Coast and both have busy jobs we weren't able to do a lot of legwork but Peri and her team worked with us to get the information and details they needed to plan the video. They asked all the right questions and made great suggestions. Additionally, they came up with great ideas for footage we never would've thought about but I will be so glad we have. They also went above and beyond editing it in a way that perfectly captured the day and wasn't overdone. They even found our (rather obscure) wedding song without having to ask us what it was and integrate it with the footage. Bigtime Video did an amazing job and I'm so happy we found them.

Sent on 05/17/2017

Ashlee · Married on 11/12/2013

Having a video of my low key wedding seemed a bit over the top, but by far it was the best investment of our big day. The moment happens so quickly that being able to see how beautiful the moments actually are live tells a far greater story than pictures. The only reason I didn't give 5/5 is I would have liked to know ahead of time that music choices would be required so the editing process didn't have to be postponed. Other than that my experience with Big Time Video was very positive and Imy husband and I are very happy with the outcome.

Sent on 02/03/2014

BigTime Video Services's reply:

We always alert our clients that music selection will be needed from them before we begin editing.

In this case, Ashlee was booked through a third party and not contracted directly with us so they didn't let her know.

I had the pleasure of working with Big Time Video Services for my daughters wedding on 9-7-13. The Video turned out perfect. From beginning to end the quality of service was outstanding. I would recommend them to anyone looking for Videography in the Monterey area...

Sent on 04/07/2014

Jennifer · Married on 07/06/2013

We decided to utilize a videographer at the last minute. Jayna, from Big Time Video was very responsive and helpful. The day of, she was very nice and organized, even giving direction to my husband and I when we were awkwardly cutting the cake and unsure of what we were doing with no vendor coordinator in sight! Jayna was there when we needed her and blended in seamlessly when we didn't. She only appeared in the background of one photo and was very respectful of the photographer. When we received our approval copy, I was amazed to see it was a very digestible hour and did not leave anything out. I was hoping for a few more interviews with my guests, but I think that was due more to the awkwardness of our families and not Jayna's lack of trying. I was worried my video would be a cheesy slog to get through and I would never watch it again, but Jayna did a great job editing it and listened to the feedback I gave her on nit-picky details. Can't wait to get the finished product!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Heidi · Married on 09/24/2011

Peri was amazing! She was so friendly, I really enjoyed talking to her on the phone prior to the wedding. It was as though we already knew eachother. She was very organized and professional gathering all the information needed to make our special day as perfect as it could be! She was very helpful giving us advice and ideas from her past experiences. On the wedding day she was everywhere she needed to be yet hidden in the background, it didn't feel as if a camera was in your face all night. Yet, she captured every single moment! When my husband and I watched our final copy of our video we loved it! She did an amazing job!!!! The video captured the day and all the special and funny moments from beginning to end. Well worth the money! I'm so glad we chose to have her! We highly recommend her! Thanks so much Peri!!!!

Sent on 12/09/2011

Keri · Married on 12/05/2010

Peri and Patrick did an excellent job of getting the footage needed to make a lasting memory of our wedding. We put them through the hoops by having a last minute change in venue due to weather and they made things work without a glitch. Contact with Peri never rendered a time where we wondered if we were going to hear from her in regards to our questions about her services, all the way through the final editing of our video. We definitely would use her services again and recommend her to anyone in the Monterey/Central California coast area.

Sent on 04/17/2011

Margo · Married on 07/24/2010

Peri is one of the most professional people I've ever worked with. Her responsiveness is second to none. We were super happy with the finished product and the turn around time was extremely fast.

Sent on 11/04/2010

Here is Margo and Paul's movie:

Jon and Maeby · Married on 07/17/2010

Upon meeting with Peri in planning our wedding video, we felt confident that she would provide a professional and dependable service. My husband and I are happy with the support that Peri provided us at our wedding. The video was well produced and we both enjoyed watching it. She was on time and covered all aspects of our wedding with some great ideas in setting up our video. It is a well produced video. We recommend her to anyone that wants to film some important event such as weddings, anniversaries, graduations, etc.

Sent on 11/18/2010

Sherrie · Married on 10/24/2009

We absolutely LOVED our wedding video!! We were very specific about what we wanted and Peri more than delivered on it. She accommodated every request we had and the service we received from Big Time video was top notch.

Sent on 06/19/2010

BigTime Video Services's reply:

Sherrie & Ryan were a total pleasure to work with and we loved the New Orleans theme!

Desiree · Married on 06/27/2009

Peri was great to work with and provided a quality product. My husband did not want a videographer for our wedding, but I talked him into it and he loves the video. Peri was great in creating a custom package for us and even stayed over so she could capture the late night reception fun. I would definitely recommend Big Time Video for your special day.

Sent on 09/27/2009

Jenni · Married on 08/09/2008

Peri and her team did a fabulous job at our Carmel wedding in August of 08. She was easy to work with from start to finish! During the actual day, she managed to get all the shots we could have ever wanted, without being invasive (most often we didn't even notice her and her crew at work). During the editing process, she did the work to find and incorporate several of the songs from the event. She also included a voice over of our vows. The final product is seem less (and made me cry). Best of all though, she seemed genuinely excited to participate in our day ! She even called me as soon as the video went on line to let me know!!!

Sent on 12/10/2008

Alex · Married on 10/20/2007

Most of my guests didn't even notice I had a videographer at my wedding. Big Time's ability to blend into the background while still being able to capture magical moments of my wedding day blew me away. Big Time is more that just a company who comes in on the day of your wedding and gets footage of the first dance, cake cutting, etc. They get to know you on a personal level before your wedding day arrives in order to get inspired by your vision of your day. The end result is a video that you will cherish forever.

Sara · Married on 07/27/2013

Great DVD for a great price! Very happy with the results!

Sent on 11/27/2013

Leigh Ann & Wayne · Married on 01/12/2013

Jayna did an amazing job the day of our wedding and the finished product was more than we could have hope for. I would definitely recommend her services in the future. We wish her the best of luck! Leigh Ann & Wayne

Sent on 04/10/2013

Peri Basseri and her team did a fantastic job capturing our wedding weekend. From the wedding planning stage to post wedding, Peri was a pleasure to work with. She listened to our vision and executed with professionalism, sincerity and excitement. Her attention to detail was outstanding, capturing all aspects of our wedding weekend. Thank you for creating such a thoughtful and fun video to watch.

Sent on 01/22/2013

Jiyoon · Married on 10/30/2010

We debated whether we should video our wedding day but after seeing our highlight movie, my husband and I are thrilled to have done it. Peri has been great to work with from the beginning, and she would answer all of our questions very timely. She sets clear expectations and her video carries emotions of the special moments well. Thanks for everything!

Sent on 03/08/2011

Matthew · Married on 06/19/2010

My wife is very happy with Peri's service, therefore I am happy :) Isn't that all that is supposed to matter? Peri was fine to deal with, did a professional job and we were very happy with the final product. We are glad we did it, we almost didn't go with video, but just watched it again tonight with friends that couldn't be there and are happy we ad it done.

Sent on 09/19/2010

Dan · Married on 09/12/2009

Peri did a great job for our wedding in Carmel. She sat down with us before hand to go over what we wanted. She was busy on the day of the wedding capturing all the raw footage. Then she compiled a great video incorporating our favorites songs with the lyrics right on cue with the imagery. She even edited and made a clip of our best man's toast which was one of the highlights of the reception.

Sent on 01/26/2010

BigTime Video Services's reply:

What a thoughtful and warm couple! I was honored to work with Allison & Danny.

Here's their movie: