Big Sur Weddings Reviews

9 | Carmel, CA

9 Reviews for Big Sur Weddings

Melissa · Married on 09/16/2017

Diane and her staff are amazing! From the beginning of the planning process she was so helpful and responsive. Diane was very clear about the services she provides and all of the costs were clearly broken down for us. The weekend of the wedding, everything came together perfectly. Diane and her staff handled all of the details, large and small, and I was able to relax and enjoy the day. And it was the best day!

Do not hesitate to hire Diane Allen/ Big Sur Weddings for your event, it will be the most wonderful, beautiful day of your life!

Thanks again Diane!

Sent on 09/28/2012
  • Z

zabrina · Married on 07/26/2017

My husband and I planned our Big Sur wedding from South Florida and hiring Diane was the best decision we made. We debated about hiring a wedding planner at all to keep costs down. But within a few short days, we knew we made the right decision. I could not imagine planning the day without her. She was easy to communicate with and on top of every detail. She connected us with other amazing vendors who helped make our day exactly what we wanted, and more. It's obvious that Diane loves what she does, loves Big Sur, and loves her clients. Our day was absolutely perfect and we have Diane to thank for that.

Sent on 07/30/2017

Melissa · Married on 04/19/2013

We had a wonderful experience working with Diane Allen! We are from Pennsylvania and wanted to have our 'camping' wedding in the Big Sur. Our wedding was on the small side, however when you are trying to coordinate 22 out of town guests, it can be very overwhelming. Diane was able to provide recommendations on all vendors and help us every step of the way. She embraced our vision, and it made our day so special. Diane put me in contact with all our vendors. When one of our vendors tried to pull a time switch on us, she was on top of it! I did not even have to handle anything. I was able to focus on my family and spending an amazing weekend in the Big Sur getting married to my best friend! Thank you to Diane and her team. If we ever get to do it again - she is our first call!

Sent on 05/14/2013

Katlain · Married on 10/06/2012

Diane Allen is a dream to work with! She just coordinated my husband and my wedding in Big Sur a few weeks back and she made everything so easy. She is a lovely person, sweet and genuinely seems to love what she does, but she was also fiercely protective of us and fought for us on the things we really wanted. She never said no to any requests, even when we knew we were asking a lot or requesting something unconventional. On the day of my wedding, Diane was the epitome of attentive and responsive, always asking me if I needed anything and if I was doing okay. She even baked us homemade pumpkin pies because our caterer could not get it for us and they are my husband's favorite! Every bride should be so lucky to work with Diane Allen - the perfect mix of professional and personable!

Sent on 10/18/2012

Diane and her team did an excellent job- if my husband and I were to do it all again, we would know exactly who to call! Diane made us feel very comfortable prior to the event and the day of the event went perfect! Couldn't have asked for a better team!

Sent on 10/20/2012

Kate · Married on 09/18/2011

Wow! Where to begin with my appreciation and admiration of Diane Allen & her whole Elegant Events team... Diane was our wonderful wedding planner for my wedding last September at Paion in Big Sur - I can't even begin to express with words how efficient, eloquent and proficient Diane is with her Event Planning - she made the whole process seamless and streamlined, and we couldn't be more appreciative! (And, as you know, wedding planning is no simple task!)

In addition, just as a character reference - Diane might just be the most personable, down-to-earth and good-spirited woman that you will ever have the pleasure of meeting - my entire family adores her and are actually planning a return trip next year to beautiful Big Sur to reunion with Diane and her fabulous team.

I couldn't recommend her more highly to facilitate your Event Planning! She was seriously the hero of our magical wedding weekend - thank you so much, Diane!! :)

-Kate G.

Sent on 04/03/2012

Kelly · Married on 09/10/2011

Diane Allen was an excellent wedding planner! We got married in Big Sur and found her online. She's one of the only wedding planners that specializes in the area. We feel in love with her from just speaking to her over the phone! She set us up with a meeting at the Big Sur River Inn right away, she met us there and we got a VIP tour and ended up booking the venue that day.

Diane helped us plan the wedding of our dreams. We were so happy we decided to hire her as our wedding coordinator. I couldn't of imagined planning my wedding in Big Sur without her. She has so many connections with local vendors which was extremely helpful. On our wedding day we were worry free because Diane and her staff was there! She helped us plan our ENTIRE weekend (rehearsal dinner, wedding day, and brunch) It was worth every penny spent. We now consider Diane and friend.

Our wedding would not have been the same without her on our side.

Sent on 04/19/2012

dave · Married on 06/21/2008

I kind of want to give Diane and Big Sur weddings a different score for "professionalism" because she wasn't professional all the time. And that was the best thing about her. Diane was professional when she needed to be, but most of the time she was like friend and family to us. Diane is cool. And that to us was far more important than being professional. She handled business when she needed to, that's expected, anybody can do that (unfortunately most don't), but it was Diane's absence of professionalism that made our wedding experience so amazing. She didn't trouble us with the business of the wedding. She took care of everything. And we feel like we have a lifelong friend in Diane.

Another note: our wedding took place on June 21, 2008 in Big Sur. Those who live around Big Sur know that date well: it's the day the fires started. Our wedding went off without a hitch, it was the most beautiful day ever, blah blah blah (details available upon request), but by nightfall the fire had grown out of control and a large section of Hwy1 was closed and we all had to be evacuated from the wedding site. Diane and her team took care of everything and did a remarkable job of making sure everyone got out safely. She even got down on her knees and begged the firemen to let our convoy of shuttle buses go north through the fire zone and the closed section of Hwy1. It was a completely selfless act on their part because these people live in Big Sur and their homes were in danger, but they took care of us first. I can't express my thanks and gratitude enough.

Needless to say, it was a wedding that no one who attended will ever forget. And Diane can now add "emergency evacuations/disaster relief" to her list of wedding services she provides. To say that Diane went above and beyond our expectations is a gross understatement. We loved our wedding and we love Diane.

She really did get down on her knees in the middle of the highway and begged the firemen to let us through, by the way. -Dave and Tania Carnie

Sent on 04/13/2012

Erin · Married on 05/25/2008

Very helpful. Clear billing practices (itemizes bills demonstrating how time was spent). We used this planner for day-of services, and she also helped us assemble gift bags for out of town guests. A real value especially when coordinating a lot of vendors--also, we live in Oregon and getting married in Carmel meant a lot of stuff was done from a distance. I appreciated Diane's on-site presence and didn't have a worry in the world the day of our dream wedding!!

Sent on 04/13/2012