Big Spring Farm Reviews

Big Spring Farm View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Ed Breslow
    Ed Breslow Getting married on 12/27/2021

Team had empathy in our time of need

When my daughter's husband called off the wedding, I was stuck with the sad task of handling all the aftermath. Buddy was kind enough to not add insult to injury here. He did his best to "make it right" and we are satisfied with the outcome.
  • Katie
    Katie J. Married on 09/11/2021

Secluded, Peaceful, Picturesque

This wedding venue is the whole package and more. The owners, Buddy and Jill, are so kind and helpful. We planned most our wedding ourselves and had a day-of coordinator (who was also amazing! - Em Eliz Events), so I had a million questions along the way. Their administrator, Kaila, was always prompt and thorough responding to my every concern. Buddy completed our walkthrough a month before the big day and put all my nerves at ease with his guidance and attention to detail. On our wedding morning, their team shuttled all of our cars to the parking lot and had their golf cart pick up every elderly guest at their cars. Their team was professional and it was all a well-oiled machine. We didn't have to worry about a thing. It's easy to find, minutes from the cute little town of Lexington, and near plenty of hotels/cabins. It is truly the most perfect wedding venue.

Big Spring Farm's reply:

Katie! You're so kind. Thanks for your gracious review. We loved hosting you and your families at the farm for your beautiful wedding! Congrats to you and Austin!! Come see us again soon.
    -The Big Spring Events Team
    Shayma J. Married on 09/05/2021

Dream come true

What words can I use to capture the dream that is Big Spring Farm? We visited just one venue and fell in love with it. When our guests asked why we picked Lexington, we told them to wait until they saw Big Spring Farm, and during the wedding they told me they understood. If you are looking for a natural oasis encircled by mountains and that includes a gorgeous barn that is the perfect balance of rustic and elegant, a beautiful large body of water, delicate willow trees, a fire pit, and acres and acres of lush green beauty-- don't look any further. Buddy and his team also provide for rent a GORGEOUS house on site for the bridal suite, as well as a breathtaking Airbnb they own 2 mins from the Farm-- I mean, it's the WHOLE package and it made my wedding the perfect day. Buddy and his team are kind, generous, flexible, and extremely communicative. They made us feel like family. We had a fusion Bangladeshi-Western wedding and he went out of his way to accommodate special arrangements to make the day our own. I will never forget that. Big Spring Farm is what dreams are made of, and Buddy and his team are the kindest, warmest, most wonderful team you could ask for. Trust me-- snag this gem up!!!

Big Spring Farm's reply:

Shayma I'm speechless, thank you for your kind words! It was such an honor for us to host your wedding and we're thankful you chose Big Spring Farm. Getting to work with such wonderful couples is what motivates us to keep going! Thanks again for having your wedding at the farm.
    -The Big Spring Events Team
  • Melynda
    Melynda L. Married on 06/12/2021

Excellent! Wedding of my dreams

We loved having our wedding at Big Spring. They were helpful and responsive throughout the entire wedding process including the covid days. s/o Kaila & Buddy! Our wedding day was incredible & the staff were friendly and ready to assist with anything on the day of! I would highly recommend Big Spring for your wedding day
    Madison T. Married on 06/12/2021

Perfect! Big Spring Farms is amazing!!

This wedding venue is nothing short of amazing, I can’t say enough good things on how much they did to make our day so special!!
  • Tracy
    Tracy M. Married on 05/29/2021

The most stunning wedding venue

I absolutely loved Big Spring Farm! Buddy and Kaila were so helpful during a time of uncertainty due to covid. They were flexible in allowing my makeup artist to arrive early for set up, and moved my whole ceremony set up on the day of my wedding due to rain. Everyone of my guests could not stop talking about how gorgeous this venue was. I would highly recommend Big Spring!

Big Spring Farm's reply:

Thanks so much Tracy for your kind review. It was an honor hosting your wedding and we hope you will come visit us soon!!
    Blessings on your marriage,
    Big Spring Events Team
  • Emma
    Emma Married on 11/07/2020

Breathtaking, professional, and simply wonderful

Big Spring Farm is an absolutely breathtaking venue. Every inch of it - from the barn and veranda to the peninsula and water to the bridal suite - is picture perfect. The beauty of it all is what initially drew my husband and I to it, but the kindness, thoughtfulness, and dedication of Buddy, Jill, and Kaila is what made our wedding day so incredible. They were all so, so helpful and responsive - both in normal wedding times and (even more importantly) when COVID hit. It was evident from the beginning that they truly care about their clients and ensuring that their weddings are exactly what they envision. We didn't have a single worry on our wedding day because of what a wonderful place Big Spring is to celebrate!

Big Spring Farm's reply:

Thank you for the kind review Emma and Tyler!
    It was a complete joy getting to host your wedding at the farm! Come back and visit us again soon!!
    -Big Spring Events Team
  • Christine
    Christine B. Married on 10/23/2020

Unique & Intentional Space and Staff

Both the space and the staff at Big Spring Farm are peaceful, unique and intentional. Every part of the design in the beautiful barn/on the farm and every step in the client experience is thoughtfully done. We absolutely loved working with everyone and getting to host our wedding day here! HIGHLY recommend :)
  • Megan
    Megan Married on 06/29/2019

DREAM Wedding Venue

My husband and I immediately fell in love with this place the second we set foot on the property. We always knew we wanted to get married in a beautiful, rustic setting and this was everything we had ever wanted! Buddy (the venue owner) was incredibly professional and patient with us when it came to helping us lay out the plan for our big day. At times, our wedding was a bit of a logistical nightmare but Buddy and his team handled every bump in the road with grace and ease! I cannot recommend this venue and its team enough!

Hi Megan,

It was a pleasure getting to host you and your family for such a big day! We look forward to working with you again in the future and hope you come back to see us!!

Blessings on your marriage,
    The Big Spring Team
  • alissa_carolynne
    Alissa Married on 05/04/2019

Picturesque Barn & Mountain Backdrop

Mary Margaret and Buddy were so easy, accommodating and just plain amazing to work with.

Buddy & his wife Jill started as wedding photographers and you can tell with all the exquisite detail that they've thought about their venue as a masterpiece to be pictured.
    The bridal suite is charming and SO COZY! I honestly felt like I was getting ready in my house (that had been renovated and more upscale haha!). It had that warm feeling that made you completely comfortable.

We were fortunate enough to have great weather so we could get married on the peninsula under the weeping willows and a barn reception. Everything was amazing and I can't imagine getting married anywhere else.

Big Spring Farm's reply:

Your wedding was a dream Alissa! Thank you so much for choosing Big Spring, it was a joy having your wedding at the farm:)
    Katyana B. Married on 10/07/2018

Dreamworthy!

Everyone at Big Spring was fantastic. I would choose that venue every time, if i had the chance.

Big Spring Farm's reply:

You are so sweet Katyana! It was an honor to have your beautiful wedding at Big Spring, and you are always welcome back!
    Megan Married on 06/02/2018
    Big Spring is an absolutely amazing venue! Buddy and Jill were super helpful and communicative and went out of their way to make our day special and run smoothly. The venue is gorgeous, even with rain like on our day. And a climatised barn is a plus in the summer heat. The location is A+, close to major roads for out of town guests and very easy to find. We loved the beautiful setting in the mountains and were just thrilled with everything about Big Spring! I highly recommend it to anyone who wants an classy, elegant outdoor or rustic wedding.
  • Malabran2017
    Micaela Married on 10/28/2017
    We love Big Spring! My husband and I got married here in October and we couldn't have picked a more beautiful venue! We splurged a little on our venue, but it was definitely worth every penny! Buddy was very easy to work with and the staff at Big Spring was great! We received so many compliments and couldn't be happier!
    Jen Married on 06/25/2017
    My husband and I were married at Big Spring Farm in June and it was absolutely perfect. We loved that the ceremony and reception site are in the same location so no one has to drive and worry about getting lost :) Buddy was so helpful and let my husband and I come multiple times to check out the venue over the course of our engagement season, and was really timely and helpful with email responses and answering the millions of questions we had. The actually wedding day was completely stress-free. Buddy and his team set up all the chairs, the arbor, and other various decorative items at the ceremony site. They even set up a little bonfire outside near the spring and moved all the chairs into the barn for dinner. Everyone was so helpful and our guests couldn't stop raving about how beautiful the location is. We had the wedding of our dreams all thanks to Big Spring Events!!
    Alli Married on 11/19/2016
    Our wedding day was everything we could have ever wanted and that was largely in part due to the beautiful Big Spring Farm! Our wedding day was windy and wonderful. Thanks to the staff of Big Spring Farms, they did everything possible to not let 20 MPH winds dampen our day. Our day was perfect, from the ceremony, to the reception, and everything in between.
    Justine Married on 07/23/2016
    There is not ONE thing I can say about this venue that would be negative. Buddy and his wife Jill are the most incredible owners who go above and beyond and out of their way to make your day perfect. The venue itself is gorgeous and well maintained, and they always have something up their sleeve to make it even better. This is the only venue I needed to see before I made my decision and not one time did I regret it. I would highly recommend this venue for anyone looking to have a beautiful outdoor venue!!!
    Kaitlyn Married on 11/01/2015
    My husband and I were married on a cloudy fall day at Big Spring Farm. Our experience was fantastic! Buddy and his team were incredibly kind and helpful in the whole process of wedding planning and were life savers in helping the whole day go smoothly. They were always available to answer questions in a timely manner and didn't mind if you asked for help with ideas. The day was perfect. The barn and property are so beautiful that you don't need to decorate, the scenery itself is decoration enough. It's even more beautiful in person than in the pictures! Beyond the beauty of the venue and the professionalism of Big Spring's team, Buddy and everyone on his team are incredibly kind people. It was a pleasure to work with them. We couldn't have picked a more beautiful place to get married or better people to work with than Big Spring Farm and their team. Can't recommend this place enough.
    Chloe Married on 05/21/2017
    Big Spring Farm is more than a beautiful venue - and it looks incredibly more beautiful in person! Buddy and all the other workers were so great to work with and I truly believe they care about every wedding that takes place there. One of our vendors didn't show up on our wedding day with donuts (our main dessert), so one of Big Spring Farm's staff members actually went out and bought donuts last minute so that we would have one less thing to worry about. They were truly a blessing to work with and you won't be disappointed!
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa Married on 10/15/2017
    Buddy and his team were extremely helpful and accommodating. We were walked through how everything works (as we obviously hadn't done this before) and we felt very well taken care of from the time we went on a site visit all the way through the big day. Big Spring Farm is also the most beautiful and perfect venue, and it is very convenient to have the ceremony and reception at one place. You can even have the place to get ready at the same location as well for a little extra (well worth it, there is someone there the whole time that answers any questions, helps in any way they can, moves your cars to the parking lot, etc. and the house is beautiful, equipped with a big front porch). The quality of service was top notch and warm and friendly. For my half-star deductions: For value, I would suggest to the venue to get a day-of planner to be included; For responsiveness, there were just a couple of times I waited days for a response, however, most of the time responses were prompt. This being said, no one is perfect, though Big Spring Farm is damn near close! Love them!!
    Cassi Married on 06/10/2017
    Big Spring Farm was everything I could have asked for! Great venue, very accommodating. My only negative is we got married on the peninsula (which was PERFECT!). It's a bit of a hike from the entrance and there is no "easy" way to get older adults with walking difficulties there. Otherwise, Buddy and his staff are spectacular!
    Ashley Married on 05/27/2017
    Big Spring Farm is an absolute dream! I'll admit, the cost was more than double what we budgeted, but once we saw the venue, our minds were made up! Buddy, the venue owner, was so easy to work with. For the most part, he was responsive and timely with email, and I'll admit, I had my fair share of questions for him! He was always friendly and made sure we were well taken care of. Everything was set up as requested and the entire wedding and reception went without flaws!
    Nope Married on 10/03/2021

Worst Place Ever

Lived here for 20 years and went to my brothers wedding. The people were nasty and $8000 for nothing to work? Lights failed sound system was trash and the staff was horrible to elders and parents. The staff made the bride sit in her car for 20 minutes and wouldn’t allow her to use the restroom until further complaints we’re made. Would never recommend for anyone to spend this stupid amount of money for.
  • Sab
    Sab J. Married on 04/04/2020

Great looking venue, unethical owner

My wife and I fell in love with this venue when first saw it. We quickly signed the contract and paid all our dues. Everything was going smooth until COVID hit, all wedding venues were mandated to cancel gatherings and weddings. We thought the owner will be a little more cooperative and help us through all of this! We actually ended up with 2 dilemmas instead of 1! COVID was number 1, and number 2 was trying to get somewhere with the owner. He tried every single manipulative way to not refund us any of our money. We were pressured to reschedule "Otherwise we were going to lose everything" so we did for the sake of not wasting thousands of dollars. The new date ended up not working as well, because COVID was still peaking at that time! after going back and forth with the owner and multiple conversations we had with an attorney, he decided to only refund us about 35% of our money back, all of the other vendors that we signed contracts with refunded us 100% of our money!!!! We lost thousands of dollars just because he manipulated his way throughout the whole process. He didn't even offer the 35% refund in the beginning, we literally had to fight for that with our dear lives! long story short, The venue is really beautiful but I wouldn't give the owner not even a 1 star! you never know what could go wrong, it could be something that is your fault, or it could not, but either way the owner is going to try every single trick to manipulate his way to take your money and not refund you anything! DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!

Big Spring Farm's reply:

Hi Sab, I'm sorry that was your experience at Big Spring Farm! If you have any specific feedback as to how our contract, or communications could have been more clear, especially pertaining to reschedules and cancellations, please email or call me. When you first decided to reschedule in April, we were supportive of whatever decision you made. Here's an email from our Admin to Chelsea on March 13, 2020:

"Hi Chelsea,

We will leave it up to your discretion to cancel your wedding. At this point we are looking forward to having you at the farm but know that we support you with whatever decision you make.

Stay safe,"

After you decided to reschedule, to a Saturday in August, and then a few months later you decided to cancel that date, here was my response to you and Chelsea on June 25:

"I discussed our call with the rest of the Big Spring team this afternoon, here are our thoughts- We recognize that if you wanted to cancel your original date in April, we could have refunded you 50% of your total fee under our Force Majure clause. We also recognize that you decided to rebook a new date, Saturday August [date]. We've moved over 20 weddings to new dates, many to weekdays because all our Saturdays were filled, your new date included.

As I mentioned on the phone, we want all our interactions with our clients to be built on respect and integrity, treating each couple the same, and sticking to our agreements with them. That said, there is no structure for a refund within the bounds of our current agreement. You did get to reserve a new date that many others wish they had! That said, we would like to offer you a refund outside the bounds of our agreement, as we know this is an unbelievably difficult time."

Your decision to rebook vs cancel in April, then ultimately cancel in August were up to you, and I struggle to see how myself or our staff manipulated you into making those decisions. I explained the options available to you in our agreement, and when those did not meet your needs, offered to go beyond our contract to give you a partial refund. When you rebooked a Saturday in August, you took that date away from the other weddings that rescheduled. Many of which had to take weekdays because Saturdays, like yours, were taken, thus that date had real value. You chose not to use that value because of your own personal reasons (not because COVID was peaking, we were in Phase 3 and events up to 250 were allowed). Our responsibility ethically, is to treat all our couples the equally. I completely understand this year has been full of disappointments, and deciding to cancel your wedding is hard. Again, if you have any specific feedback to make our agreement more clear for couples in the future please let me know! I still wish you all the best, and I'm sorry your wedding celebration didn't come to life at Big Spring!