Big Ray & the Kool Kats Reviews

Big Ray & the Kool Kats 5
Big Ray & the Kool Kats 6
Big Ray & the Kool Kats 7

Claire · Married on 09/16/2017

Book this band! They knocked it out of the park for our wedding - everyone was up dancing the whole night, and they were constantly telling us it was the best band they'd heard. Plus Ray knew exactly how to mix great dance songs old and new. We wish we could do it all again!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Big Ray & the Kool Kats's reply:

Thanks so much for making us a part of your elegant yet very fun event! Big Ray

Mary Pat · Married on 09/02/2017

Hiring Big Ray and the Kool Kats as our band was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day! Big Ray was so helpful throughout the planning process, and made some suggestions about the event that I am SO thankful for - my wedding wouldn't have been the same without him. He handled the music selection with some basic information about what we liked, played music that appealed to everyone in the audience, from teens to my peers to my older relatives, and added some nice touches involving the audience to engage the entire crowd. They played all night long without a break, including the ceremony and cocktail hour!! We had some amazing compliments from friends and family about our wedding, and every single person mentioned how fun and talented the band was! I recommend them over and over again!!

Sent on 09/06/2017

Big Ray & the Kool Kats's reply:

What a charming event...I like how the bad weather never dampened your spirits!

Big Ray

Alexis · Married on 03/11/2017

Big Ray and the Kool Kats are the best wedding band! Big Ray paid attention to every detail and made our reception lively and it felt like we were at a private concert. Every musician had a big smile on their face while preforming. Every one of my wedding guests commented on how wonderful the band was. I can't thank Big Ray and his team enough, they got every one up on the dance floor shaking their tail feather. Having them at our wedding was worth every penny.

Sent on 03/13/2017

Kaitlyn · Married on 02/25/2017

Big Ray & the Kool Kats have preformed at the Senior Center Grand Gala in Charlottesville, Virginia for the past three years and each year they are outstanding! Ray is very professional and responsive which makes the planning process a breeze. I couldn't have asked for a better band to play at this special event. We had guests (including myself) dancing until the venue turned on the lights -- and they can play so many different genres of music which is perfect for events that had such a wide range of guests. Hands down, Big Ray & the Kool Kats is one of the best bands I have ever worked with!

Sent on 03/14/2017

dale · Married on 12/23/2016

Big Ray & the Kool Kats are the Bomb! Everyone had a great time. In Ray's own words - "lots of bands can play" but when you want someone to be there ahead of time and put in the preparation time to make sure everything goes smoothly, Ray is your man. We couldn't have been more pleased!

Sent on 01/06/2017

Jane · Married on 12/09/2016

BOOK THEM, NOW! - NO QUESTIONS ASKED - THEY ARE OUTSTANDING, AMAZING, UNFORGETABLE, FIRST CLASS! IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A LIVE BAND, WANT GUESTS ON THE DANCE FLOOR, AND AN AWESOME MEMORABLE TIME FOR YOUR WEDDING OR FAMILY EVENT - LOOK NO FURTHER - RAY IS YOUR ANSWER! BOOK BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DOES! HE HAS A PERSONALITY PLUS, EASY TO WORK WITH, AND "NO" IS NOT AN OPTION. THEY WERE SO GOOD AT MY SON'S WEDDING THIS PAST WEEKEND - OUR GUESTS WISH I HAD MORE KIDS THAT WERE GETTING MARRIED, JUST TO HEAR THIS BAND! EXCELLENT! - RAY AND HIS DEVOTED BAND MEMBERS PLAYED A MAJOR PART IN THIS WEDDING BEING A SUCCESS! NOT EVERYONE OUT THERE OFFERS THE HEART, SOUL, AND EXPERIENCE THIS BAND DELIVERS! YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED! THEIR PRICING IS VERY REASONABLE....THEY ARE WORTH EVERY DOLLAR & CENT! JUST INCREDIBLE!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Susan · Married on 11/19/2016

This is an amazing band! My husband and I do not usually dance very much, but we were on the dance floor all night during our wedding reception. Big Ray and the band were professional and organized and took care of the details. As Big Ray said "Your job is to be the bride. My job is to work out all the details with the reception venue". We did not have to worry about a thing - we were able to enjoy the wedding and reception. A couple band members and singers also performed the music for the ceremony, despite the cold and rain! It was absolutely beautiful music. We had so many complements from guests who took their name for their own future events. Ray was engaging and fun and interacted well with the guests. It was such an amazing and fun night! Big Ray and the Kool Kats are the ultimate professionals - they know how to make the party flow! The venue coordinator agreed: "Ray went above and beyond any other band or musician that we have worked with".

Sent on 12/13/2016

Christopher · Married on 11/17/2016

This band is well worth the money and delivers what they say they are going to. This was not a wedding event but a corporate celebration. Ray sat down with us and went over song choices, songs we didn't want, and the plan for the evening. He did a great job executing. At one point the dance floor started clearing and he went in a different direction and filled it up again. I danced all night which is not usual for me. I really think these guys are a cut above the rest. They have an amazing breadth of song. Great showmanship. Great music. Great fun.

Sent on 12/05/2016

Kay · Married on 11/05/2016

We are so lucky to have had Big Ray and the Kool Kats as our wedding band! They were incredibly accommodating, easy to work with, professional and engaging. The fact that our entire wedding party danced on the stage at the end is a great proof point of the tremendously fun party they helped to create. Our guests rave about their performance to this day and we undoubtedly refer them without hesitation.

Sent on 10/06/2017

Ross · Married on 10/08/2016

Big Ray and the Kool Kats are simply the best. As the groom, my largest responsibility of the entire planning process was to find the wedding band. It’s difficult to truly get a sense of the sound and presence through internet videos, but after countless hours on the wedding review websites Big Ray stood out to us as a notch above the rest. We were married in S. Florida on October 8th, the day after Hurricane Matthew was scheduled to directly hit S. Florida. Ray was great leading up to the wedding, communicating with us and the venue, and even rebooking the entire bands flights to make sure that they were able to avoid the storm and make it in. Not only was his level of professionalism evident, but it was apparent that he truly enjoyed making sure we were taken care of as the bride and groom. The music and performance were outstanding. Weeks later, we are still getting compliments on the band. The entire experience was truly a stand out. I cannot recommend Big Ray and Kool Kats enough.

Sent on 11/03/2016

Lori · Married on 09/30/2016

There is no other option for live music as far as we are concerned! Big Ray played our Country Club wedding and 10 years later we booked them for an epic "fratty" birthday party celebration. Both times the band made the event spectacular. I believe guests, cold drinks, lighting, and music are key to a successful event. Big Ray hits a grand slam with the live music and suddenly everything else at the event is perfection. He is responsive, professional, fun, prepared, and so damn reliable!! He makes sure you and your guests have the time of your lives!

Book. This. Band. (thank me later!)

Sent on 10/01/2016

charlotte · Married on 09/17/2016

book him if you want to have the best band ever!!!!!!!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Annie · Married on 07/30/2016

Kool Kat Lite played the reception for my wedding. The music was great; there was something for everyone in the wide variety of music they played, and people were really happy to be up there dancing. What's more, when our wedding planner's source for a microphone for the ceremony fell through, Ray and the Kool Kats were able to provide and run a sound system for the ceremony. We really appreciated how accommodating they were, and everyone enjoyed the music.

Sent on 10/08/2016

Sarah · Married on 07/26/2016

I hired Big Ray & the Kool Kats to perform at my fundraising Gala in Washington DC last night and they were amazing! I had multiple guests come up to me during the performance and comment on how great of a band we had. They read the crowd and played music that really got people up and dancing after the dinner... on a Tuesday night! I will certainly work with them again and recommend Big Ray & the Kool Kats to anyone!

Sent on 09/14/2016

I am so lucky I found Big Ray!! I was close to contracting with another band represented by another agency but they were quite pushy, unfriendly, and seemed more interested than a signed contract than truly understanding my needs. I found John with East Coast Entertainment who called me immediately and really tried to understand what sort of vibe I was going for. We wanted the evening to be big band heavy but also lots of good current dance beats (our first dance was Frankie Valli's I can't take my eyes off you). John sent over a list of options and Big Ray was absolutely exactly what I wanted. We did the smaller version of the band called Kool Kats Lite and they were just as impressive, professional, and truly skilled at getting everyone on the dance floor. They even did a pop number where they invited my little nieces and nephews up on to the stage to sing along. Everyone had a ball and raved about the band. John and Big Ray made it so easy - they were a pleasure to work with. We had a Pakistani wedding so we incorporated some Indian/Pakistani music and as complicated as I thought my requests were, it was all pulled off flawlessly and effortlessly. Big Ray was great on our wedding night about checking in with us, making sure we were okay, and the band was amazing about a last minute change to the schedule towards the end of the night. This was one of the best decisions I made for our wedding and I highly recommend them!!

Sent on 12/23/2016

jeanne · Married on 07/16/2016

Big ray and Kool Kats have tons of talent , a wide range of music to please anyone , and most important flexibility that allows you to personalize your event . Big Ray helped to make our daughters wedding day extra special. The band learned new songs that were special requests made by bride , groom and parents. They kept the party going through five hours of dancing keeping the dance floor filled with happy guests . I can't tell you the numerous compliments we received . You will be in good hands from start to finish.

Sent on 08/12/2016

jane · Married on 06/04/2016

Guests from all throughout the country called this the wedding of the century and completely loved the band! Big Ray & the Kool Kats were fantastic - they played everything we requested and also read the crowd. I've always dreamed of having a great dance at my wedding and I was thrilled! The band is musically gifted, and kept playing such fun songs. All our guests were dancing throughout the night, and even my grandparents surprised everyone as they stole the dance floor and danced to Blue Moon (total crowd pleaser as it was such a sweet moment). 10/10 times I would hire Big Ray and the Kool Kats. They're incredible!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Adam · Married on 04/16/2016

As a wedding planner, working with Big Ray is amazing! Not only are they terrific as a band, they are terrific to work with and help create an amazing wedding experience for the couple, their family and friends. I LOVE getting to work with them!

Sent on 05/02/2016

Joyce · Married on 03/12/2016

Big Ray and the Kool Kats are just wonderful to work with and extreemly talented. The entire dance floor was filled with happy dancing couples.
    J. Fendley

Sent on 05/05/2016
  • Anna Lisa

Anna Lisa · Married on 01/09/2016

Big Ray and the Kool Kats are literally the best band ever! I work in the wedding industry which made my wedding planning process more difficult than I had expected. My family and I saw them play at Maryland Live Casino along with some other bands about 9 months before my wedding. I was sold after they played just one song, and then Big Ray himself came up to meet my family and I and that was definitely the icing on the cake. From beginning to end, the process of working with this band was amazing. Not only is the band so wonderful, but Big Ray is truly one of the best people I have ever met. He is so sincere, genuine and loves what he does. During the night he constantly checked in with me to make sure I was happy, and that meant so much to me. Everyone who was at my wedding keeps talking about how amazing the band was. Look no further, book Big Ray, just do it!

Sent on 01/28/2016
  • F

Fiorella · Married on 12/19/2015

Big Ray and the Kool Kats was the most amazing band! They handled all our requests with professionalism and ease. We were obviously not their first gig, but they made us feel like we were the most important gig ever. They blew us away - do yourself a favor and book this band!

Sent on 01/03/2016
  • User5600829 · event on 11/05/2015

The Kool Kats provided music for the Virginia Film Festival opening night Gala at the Jefferson Theater. They were, as always, entertaining while allowing for conversation and mingling. I especially enjoyed the touch of having a country musician added to their normal line-up, in honor of the Hank Williams film just prior. I really enjoyed seeing them at the festival!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Andrea · Married on 11/01/2015

While in the middle of planning a wedding for our youngest son for September ( we had already booked Big Ray and the Kool Kats),
    our oldest son announced his engagement. The couple decided on a November wedding. Since one wedding was in DC and the other was in Baltimore, we had Brett and his fiancee come to the planning meeting we were having with Ray for Evan's wedding.
    Ray told Brett he would hold the date until after Evan's wedding so Brett could see how things went. Within a few days of the wedding, Big Ray was booked for the November wedding. For Evan's wedding, Ray had to learn some new songs for a hora which resulted in a dance that had so much energy. For Brett's wedding, Big Ray provided the ceremony music which included accompanying the Cantor as he sang the Hebrew words to the music of Con Te Partiro and a rendition of Sunrise Sunset. There wasn't a dry eye. And all of this was done via phone, internet and a short practice session before the wedding The bride's family is from Argentina and Big Ray again did a phenomenal job providing the music for the Cantor as he entertained with an Argentinian tango and If I Were A Rich Man. Ray knows how to set the tone for a great party. He had everyone dancing. I e-mailed the caterer to tell him much we loved his food. His response included the following quote "And the music!! Wow, I can't wait to recommend those guys" Book this band if you want a fun filled musically superior experience

Sent on 11/09/2015

Big Ray & the Kool Kats are a sure bet if you want a fantastic wedding. After seeing Big Ray do my brother's wedding, I immediately booked his band. They can play for any crowd and keep the energy high.

Bottom line: there are so many moving parts at the wedding (especially mine). Knowing that the band was going to be amazing really helped my wife and me relax before our wedding. We only get one wedding. Why not have a band that will make it memorable.

Sent on 11/20/2015

Bree · Married on 10/30/2015

Big Ray and The Kool Kats were amazing!! Both my sister and myself had them at our wedding and they didn't disappoint either time. Ray ran the show and the whole reception flowed so well. I would recommend this band to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 12/01/2015