101 Reviews for Big Ray & the Kool Kats

Instrumentals (3)
Lighting (3)
Ceremony (2)
79 Big Ray & the Kool Kats Reviews

One word - perfection! At my niece's wedding, we heard over and over, "This is the best band we've ever seen!" Thanks to Big Ray and the Kool Kats for making the wedding a happy event for everyone - from ages two to 88! Big Ray is awesome! He honors all requests. When he heard that my niece's proposal was at Cinderella's Castle in Disneyworld, he had the band play 'When You Wish Upon a Star' while the wedding couple danced to this special surprise song. The band is a perfect mix of talent, friendliness, and professionalism. Many, many thanks to Big Ray and the Kool Kats for making this the best wedding ever with the best band ever!!

Photo for Big Ray & the Kool Kats Review - Big Ray and the Kool Kats were the best!!
Profile Picture Susan, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

I had the absolute pleasure of Big Ray & the Kool Kats being my wedding band. I have nothing but compliments. Everyone was so kind, the entertainment was amazing, and the entire band was engaging. They provided personalized touches (playing a Disney song after they learned that my husband popped the question in Cinderella's castle and playing the fight song to my Alma mater) and even invited the ceremony violinist up for a song with the band! I heard over and over again from various guests that it was the best wedding they had ever been to and I can't help but give the credit to this wonderful group of talent. They truly provided an experience and not just entertainment. I am forever grateful to them for the memories they provided to me, my family, and my friends.

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

Big Ray's bad was fabulous. They played all kinds of music. Since I am the father of the bride I would say that this was the best wedding band ever. But I can honestly say that many of the guests echoed those thoughts. Not only was the music great, Big Ray was a great MC and guided us through the reception. We had so much fun.

Profile Picture Norman, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

WOW ! What a great night, Big Ray and his band could not have been better, very talented, engaging everyone thought this was the BEST band ever, thanks for making this a night to remember.

Profile Picture MATTHEW, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

Big Ray is absolutely the best! Very professional! Band was fantastic! He made the wedding great, everyone loved them! He was went above and beyond the call of duty, by helping in many aspects of the wedding, not with just the music! He was extremely flexible! He kept people dancing! I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Dawn , 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Willing to Travel, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Ray and the Kool Kats made the party at our wedding! The music kept everyone on the dance floor all night.

Ray was a pleasure to work with and helped make our wedding the best evening for us and our guests.

A must have band for your wedding!

Profile Picture Rachel, 5/3/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Big Ray and his band are fabulous!!!! Our wedding was the third he's done for my family.
Ray worked with us to make the evening all we wanted and more. He had additional meetings with the vendor to sort out logistics, which we so appreciated.
The night went perfectly thanks to the prep in advance, and the band's excellent performance!!!!
Highest recommendation!!!!

Profile Picture Laura, 3/18/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

Look no further. Big Ray is the perfect wedding band host and the band is perfection. They play every genre and play it well. Leave the evening to Big Ray and enjoy the feeling of No Worries!

Profile Picture Mark, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Cocktail Hour, Learning New Songs, MC, Reception, Willing to Travel

We cannot begin to express how perfect everything went for our wedding day thanks to Big Ray & the Kool Kats. The party was UNBELIEVABLE. It was constant fun and all of our guests could simply not believe how awesome this band was the entire way through. Just when we thought it couldn't get any crazier, we had the most epic, 27-minute polish bridal dance of all time. No one will stop talking about our wedding for months, guaranteed, thanks to their level of entertainment!! Their dedication and hard work to help make our reception the best party ever was truly wonderful, and Big Ray himself was extremely helpful and responsive with meeting all of our requests. This band is not just a band, they are professional entertainers who make your wedding reception feel much more like a personalized concert all about the bride and the groom. I plan on recommending them to any and every friend or family member looking for wedding entertainment throughout the future.

Profile Picture Kate, 9/30/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

Big Ray was above and beyond. The dance floor was packed ALL NIGHT. He did a fabulous job MC-ing and getting people where they needed to be (no small feat for 200+ guests!) The music was on point, the range of the vocalists was absolutely incredible. TEN STARS!!!

Profile Picture Marett, 9/23/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

Book this band! They knocked it out of the park for our wedding - everyone was up dancing the whole night, and they were constantly telling us it was the best band they'd heard. Plus Ray knew exactly how to mix great dance songs old and new. We wish we could do it all again!

Profile Picture Claire, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Hiring Big Ray and the Kool Kats as our band was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day! Big Ray was so helpful throughout the planning process, and made some suggestions about the event that I am SO thankful for - my wedding wouldn't have been the same without him. He handled the music selection with some basic information about what we liked, played music that appealed to everyone in the audience, from teens to my peers to my older relatives, and added some nice touches involving the audience to engage the entire crowd. They played all night long without a break, including the ceremony and cocktail hour!! We had some amazing compliments from friends and family about our wedding, and every single person mentioned how fun and talented the band was! I recommend them over and over again!!

Profile Picture Mary Pat, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Music During Breaks, Reception, Willing to Travel

Big Ray and the Kool Kats are the best wedding band! Big Ray paid attention to every detail and made our reception lively and it felt like we were at a private concert. Every musician had a big smile on their face while preforming. Every one of my wedding guests commented on how wonderful the band was. I can't thank Big Ray and his team enough, they got every one up on the dance floor shaking their tail feather. Having them at our wedding was worth every penny.

Profile Picture Alexis, 3/11/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Liability Insurance, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Willing to Travel, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Big Ray & the Kool Kats have preformed at the Senior Center Grand Gala in Charlottesville, Virginia for the past three years and each year they are outstanding! Ray is very professional and responsive which makes the planning process a breeze. I couldn't have asked for a better band to play at this special event. We had guests (including myself) dancing until the venue turned on the lights -- and they can play so many different genres of music which is perfect for events that had such a wide range of guests. Hands down, Big Ray & the Kool Kats is one of the best bands I have ever worked with!

Profile Picture Kaitlyn, 2/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Big Ray & the Kool Kats are the Bomb! Everyone had a great time. In Ray's own words - "lots of bands can play" but when you want someone to be there ahead of time and put in the preparation time to make sure everything goes smoothly, Ray is your man. We couldn't have been more pleased!

Profile Picture dale, 12/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

BOOK THEM, NOW! - NO QUESTIONS ASKED - THEY ARE OUTSTANDING, AMAZING, UNFORGETABLE, FIRST CLASS! IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A LIVE BAND, WANT GUESTS ON THE DANCE FLOOR, AND AN AWESOME MEMORABLE TIME FOR YOUR WEDDING OR FAMILY EVENT - LOOK NO FURTHER - RAY IS YOUR ANSWER! BOOK BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DOES! HE HAS A PERSONALITY PLUS, EASY TO WORK WITH, AND "NO" IS NOT AN OPTION. THEY WERE SO GOOD AT MY SON'S WEDDING THIS PAST WEEKEND - OUR GUESTS WISH I HAD MORE KIDS THAT WERE GETTING MARRIED, JUST TO HEAR THIS BAND! EXCELLENT! - RAY AND HIS DEVOTED BAND MEMBERS PLAYED A MAJOR PART IN THIS WEDDING BEING A SUCCESS! NOT EVERYONE OUT THERE OFFERS THE HEART, SOUL, AND EXPERIENCE THIS BAND DELIVERS! YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED! THEIR PRICING IS VERY REASONABLE....THEY ARE WORTH EVERY DOLLAR & CENT! JUST INCREDIBLE!

Profile Picture Jane, 12/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

This is an amazing band! My husband and I do not usually dance very much, but we were on the dance floor all night during our wedding reception. Big Ray and the band were professional and organized and took care of the details. As Big Ray said "Your job is to be the bride. My job is to work out all the details with the reception venue". We did not have to worry about a thing - we were able to enjoy the wedding and reception. A couple band members and singers also performed the music for the ceremony, despite the cold and rain! It was absolutely beautiful music. We had so many complements from guests who took their name for their own future events. Ray was engaging and fun and interacted well with the guests. It was such an amazing and fun night! Big Ray and the Kool Kats are the ultimate professionals - they know how to make the party flow! The venue coordinator agreed: "Ray went above and beyond any other band or musician that we have worked with".

Profile Picture Susan, 11/19/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

This band is well worth the money and delivers what they say they are going to. This was not a wedding event but a corporate celebration. Ray sat down with us and went over song choices, songs we didn't want, and the plan for the evening. He did a great job executing. At one point the dance floor started clearing and he went in a different direction and filled it up again. I danced all night which is not usual for me. I really think these guys are a cut above the rest. They have an amazing breadth of song. Great showmanship. Great music. Great fun.

Profile Picture Christopher, 11/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

We are so lucky to have had Big Ray and the Kool Kats as our wedding band! They were incredibly accommodating, easy to work with, professional and engaging. The fact that our entire wedding party danced on the stage at the end is a great proof point of the tremendously fun party they helped to create. Our guests rave about their performance to this day and we undoubtedly refer them without hesitation.

Profile Picture Kay, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

Big Ray and the Kool Kats are simply the best. As the groom, my largest responsibility of the entire planning process was to find the wedding band. It’s difficult to truly get a sense of the sound and presence through internet videos, but after countless hours on the wedding review websites Big Ray stood out to us as a notch above the rest. We were married in S. Florida on October 8th, the day after Hurricane Matthew was scheduled to directly hit S. Florida. Ray was great leading up to the wedding, communicating with us and the venue, and even rebooking the entire bands flights to make sure that they were able to avoid the storm and make it in. Not only was his level of professionalism evident, but it was apparent that he truly enjoyed making sure we were taken care of as the bride and groom. The music and performance were outstanding. Weeks later, we are still getting compliments on the band. The entire experience was truly a stand out. I cannot recommend Big Ray and Kool Kats enough.

Profile Picture Ross, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

There is no other option for live music as far as we are concerned! Big Ray played our Country Club wedding and 10 years later we booked them for an epic "fratty" birthday party celebration. Both times the band made the event spectacular. I believe guests, cold drinks, lighting, and music are key to a successful event. Big Ray hits a grand slam with the live music and suddenly everything else at the event is perfection. He is responsive, professional, fun, prepared, and so damn reliable!! He makes sure you and your guests have the time of your lives!

Book. This. Band. (thank me later!)

Profile Picture Lori, 9/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

book him if you want to have the best band ever!!!!!!!

Profile Picture charlotte, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

Kool Kat Lite played the reception for my wedding. The music was great; there was something for everyone in the wide variety of music they played, and people were really happy to be up there dancing. What's more, when our wedding planner's source for a microphone for the ceremony fell through, Ray and the Kool Kats were able to provide and run a sound system for the ceremony. We really appreciated how accommodating they were, and everyone enjoyed the music.

Profile Picture Annie, 7/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

I hired Big Ray & the Kool Kats to perform at my fundraising Gala in Washington DC last night and they were amazing! I had multiple guests come up to me during the performance and comment on how great of a band we had. They read the crowd and played music that really got people up and dancing after the dinner... on a Tuesday night! I will certainly work with them again and recommend Big Ray & the Kool Kats to anyone!

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/26/16, 2 Reviews