Big Ray & the Kool Kats Reviews

Big Ray & the Kool Kats 5
Big Ray & the Kool Kats 6
Big Ray & the Kool Kats 7

Katheryn M. · Married on 11/17/2018

Best of the best! Brought down the house!

Big Ray brought down the house, and was amazing to work with - across the board. He was incredibly flexible with the playlist - and had everyone on the dancefloor the entire night. Would 10/10 recommend!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Big Ray & the Kool Kats's reply:

Now THAT was a party. We just grabbed onto you and your guests and hung on for the ride. Anytime, anywhere. Ray

Patricia Lemon · Married on 11/10/2018

A Gift for All

What could be more glorious at a daughter's wedding than seeing young and old, family and friends singing, dancing, swaying, clapping, tapping, and smiling? Thanks to Big Ray and the Kool Kats we had all this and more! The ballroom brimmed with wedding flowers; happiness embraced us all; and Ray's music brought such a perfect aura to the room. Guests I had not known before this wedding day marveled at how much they could enjoy this band: they didn't over power; they played something for everyone; they are SO talented; the witty commentary was delightful. In other words, the band accomplished what music strives for . . . it brought people together with joy! In addition, the band learned the couple's university fight songs which brought people to their feet with surprise and cheers. How fun that was!! I already have been approached by 2 families who want all of Ray's contact information, and I'm putting in a request to my family for Big Ray to usher in my next milestone birthday! Fingers crossed! Thank you, BR and KK; what a gift you shared!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Big Ray & the Kool Kats's reply:

What a great party in the historic and charmingly beautiful Patrick Henry Hotel. Just the whole layout and flow made for a perfect multi level evening. Fun folks, great families, wonderful food...BRKK just tried to keep up! Thanks for having us!
  • Whitney

Whitney · Married on 10/20/2018

Big Ray Rocks!

We could not have been happier with Big Ray and the Kool Kats. Big Ray was so personal and did everything he could to accommodate any request we had. They kept everyone dancing the entire wedding. We've heard nothing but over the top positive feedback from our guests.

Thank you Big Ray and the Kool Kats for making our wedding day so special and fun!

Sent on 11/08/2018

Big Ray & the Kool Kats's reply:

What a charming event at the beach! And Whitney, your Mom and Dad were a lot of fun to work with! Big Ray

CVILLE WEDDING · Married on 10/13/2018

The BEST horn section and most tailored experience

After first speaking with Big Ray about our wedding day, I knew we'd be in experienced, good hands. Not only were they amazing musicians who could cover a wide range of genres, but they knew how to run a wedding. Everyone had a blast on the dance floor and no one wanted to leave when it was over. Best night ever!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Big Ray & the Kool Kats's reply:

Great Party! Nothing is more fun than when the groom sings with the band! I'm glad you enjoyed the evening.

Ashley · Married on 09/28/2018

Ray is one of the kindest people in the industry. He and his band the Kool Kats have performed at our annual fundraiser for the past few years, and they really elevate our guests experience. His expertise in this field has been beyond helpful in taking our fundraising efforts to the next level. We cannot wait to work with him again next year, I couldn't recommend anyone more.

Big Ray & the Kool Kats 8
    Big Ray & the Kool Kats 9
    Big Ray & the Kool Kats 10

Kelley Henderson · Married on 09/01/2018

Dancing the Night Away!

A night we (and our guests) will never forget! Our dance floor remained fulled and excited the entire night with ages ranging 2 - 82 with the help of Big Ray and his incrediable band. The interactions between the band and the guests made the night truly unforgettable and a wedding in which we still continue to get complements about!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Big Ray & the Kool Kats's reply:

What a beautiful evening and setting. We had fun too! Anytime anywhere for you and your friends! Ray

Molly · Married on 08/17/2018

Wow what a great choice!! I am so grateful to Big Ray for helping me throw a celebration like no other! He provided beautiful musicians for our daughter's wedding ceremony at the Greenbrier Chapel and then absolutely WOWED our guests with the best night of dance music we could have imagined. Ray was present and available for Every step of the planning process. Thank you Ray and your wonderfully talented musicians and vocalists. Oh what a night!!

Sent on 08/27/2018

Big Ray & the Kool Kats's reply:

What a great family event! Thanks for choosing us to celebrate it with you. Our honor and pleasure. Ray

Megan · Married on 07/21/2018

Big Ray & the Kool Kats are true professionals. Throughout the entire process they worked with us and Ray was able to accomodate all of our requests (including an extensive DO NOT PLAY list, sorry no macarenas over here). When it came to the night of the wedding everything went off without a hitch and the dance floor was packed with people of all ages. Overall an excellent vendor experience and highly recommend anyone interested in live music to contact them today.

Elizabeth · Married on 07/07/2018

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Big Ray and the Kool Cats!!! They played classical music for our daughter's outside wedding, perfect music during dinner, and the best dancing music ever ( with no breaks!) for the rest of the night. The dance floor was packed until the evening ended. Everyone, young and old, danced to every song! They honored our every request before and during the reception. I could go on and on.............

Big Ray & the Kool Kats 11

Susan · Married on 05/27/2018

One word - perfection! At my niece's wedding, we heard over and over, "This is the best band we've ever seen!" Thanks to Big Ray and the Kool Kats for making the wedding a happy event for everyone - from ages two to 88! Big Ray is awesome! He honors all requests. When he heard that my niece's proposal was at Cinderella's Castle in Disneyworld, he had the band play 'When You Wish Upon a Star' while the wedding couple danced to this special surprise song. The band is a perfect mix of talent, friendliness, and professionalism. Many, many thanks to Big Ray and the Kool Kats for making this the best wedding ever with the best band ever!!

Big Ray & the Kool Kats 12

Lauren · Married on 05/27/2018

I had the absolute pleasure of Big Ray & the Kool Kats being my wedding band. I have nothing but compliments. Everyone was so kind, the entertainment was amazing, and the entire band was engaging. They provided personalized touches (playing a Disney song after they learned that my husband popped the question in Cinderella's castle and playing the fight song to my Alma mater) and even invited the ceremony violinist up for a song with the band! I heard over and over again from various guests that it was the best wedding they had ever been to and I can't help but give the credit to this wonderful group of talent. They truly provided an experience and not just entertainment. I am forever grateful to them for the memories they provided to me, my family, and my friends.

Norman · Married on 05/27/2018

Big Ray's bad was fabulous. They played all kinds of music. Since I am the father of the bride I would say that this was the best wedding band ever. But I can honestly say that many of the guests echoed those thoughts. Not only was the music great, Big Ray was a great MC and guided us through the reception. We had so much fun.

MATTHEW · Married on 05/19/2018

WOW ! What a great night, Big Ray and his band could not have been better, very talented, engaging everyone thought this was the BEST band ever, thanks for making this a night to remember.

Dawn · Married on 05/05/2018

Big Ray is absolutely the best! Very professional! Band was fantastic! He made the wedding great, everyone loved them! He was went above and beyond the call of duty, by helping in many aspects of the wedding, not with just the music! He was extremely flexible! He kept people dancing! I highly recommend them!

Sent on 05/30/2018

Big Ray & the Kool Kats's reply:

Wow! What a party. Beautiful ceremony to stunning fireworks and people danced all night long. Thanks for having us.

Rachel · Married on 05/03/2018

Ray and the Kool Kats made the party at our wedding! The music kept everyone on the dance floor all night.

Ray was a pleasure to work with and helped make our wedding the best evening for us and our guests.

A must have band for your wedding!

Big Ray & the Kool Kats 13
    Big Ray & the Kool Kats 14
    Big Ray & the Kool Kats 15
    Big Ray & the Kool Kats 16

Laura · Married on 03/18/2018

Big Ray and his band are fabulous!!!! Our wedding was the third he's done for my family.
    Ray worked with us to make the evening all we wanted and more. He had additional meetings with the vendor to sort out logistics, which we so appreciated.
    The night went perfectly thanks to the prep in advance, and the band's excellent performance!!!!
    Highest recommendation!!!!

Sent on 04/14/2018

Big Ray & the Kool Kats's reply:

Our pleasure. What an honor to play multiple weddings for the same family! And yours was very unique! Big Ray

Mark · Married on 10/28/2017

Look no further. Big Ray is the perfect wedding band host and the band is perfection. They play every genre and play it well. Leave the evening to Big Ray and enjoy the feeling of No Worries!

Kate · Married on 09/30/2017

We cannot begin to express how perfect everything went for our wedding day thanks to Big Ray & the Kool Kats. The party was UNBELIEVABLE. It was constant fun and all of our guests could simply not believe how awesome this band was the entire way through. Just when we thought it couldn't get any crazier, we had the most epic, 27-minute polish bridal dance of all time. No one will stop talking about our wedding for months, guaranteed, thanks to their level of entertainment!! Their dedication and hard work to help make our reception the best party ever was truly wonderful, and Big Ray himself was extremely helpful and responsive with meeting all of our requests. This band is not just a band, they are professional entertainers who make your wedding reception feel much more like a personalized concert all about the bride and the groom. I plan on recommending them to any and every friend or family member looking for wedding entertainment throughout the future.

Sent on 10/03/2017

Big Ray & the Kool Kats's reply:

What can I say? One heck of a party at a beautiful venue right on the ocean with guests who came to party. We are honored to have been a part of it and so glad we could deliver (in Polish no less) the bridal dance you wanted. Anytime, anywhere for your family. Ray

Marett · Married on 09/23/2017

Big Ray was above and beyond. The dance floor was packed ALL NIGHT. He did a fabulous job MC-ing and getting people where they needed to be (no small feat for 200+ guests!) The music was on point, the range of the vocalists was absolutely incredible. TEN STARS!!!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Big Ray & the Kool Kats's reply:

What a fun party! We were so glad to be a part of it. A gorgeous venue, fairy wings on the bride and bridesmaids, confetti cannons, fireworks and a charming couple. Thanks so much...we had fun too!

Claire · Married on 09/16/2017

Book this band! They knocked it out of the park for our wedding - everyone was up dancing the whole night, and they were constantly telling us it was the best band they'd heard. Plus Ray knew exactly how to mix great dance songs old and new. We wish we could do it all again!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Big Ray & the Kool Kats's reply:

Thanks so much for making us a part of your elegant yet very fun event! Big Ray

Mary Pat · Married on 09/02/2017

Hiring Big Ray and the Kool Kats as our band was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day! Big Ray was so helpful throughout the planning process, and made some suggestions about the event that I am SO thankful for - my wedding wouldn't have been the same without him. He handled the music selection with some basic information about what we liked, played music that appealed to everyone in the audience, from teens to my peers to my older relatives, and added some nice touches involving the audience to engage the entire crowd. They played all night long without a break, including the ceremony and cocktail hour!! We had some amazing compliments from friends and family about our wedding, and every single person mentioned how fun and talented the band was! I recommend them over and over again!!

Sent on 09/06/2017

Big Ray & the Kool Kats's reply:

What a charming event...I like how the bad weather never dampened your spirits! Big Ray

Alexis · Married on 03/11/2017

Big Ray and the Kool Kats are the best wedding band! Big Ray paid attention to every detail and made our reception lively and it felt like we were at a private concert. Every musician had a big smile on their face while preforming. Every one of my wedding guests commented on how wonderful the band was. I can't thank Big Ray and his team enough, they got every one up on the dance floor shaking their tail feather. Having them at our wedding was worth every penny.

Kaitlyn · Married on 02/25/2017

Big Ray & the Kool Kats have preformed at the Senior Center Grand Gala in Charlottesville, Virginia for the past three years and each year they are outstanding! Ray is very professional and responsive which makes the planning process a breeze. I couldn't have asked for a better band to play at this special event. We had guests (including myself) dancing until the venue turned on the lights -- and they can play so many different genres of music which is perfect for events that had such a wide range of guests. Hands down, Big Ray & the Kool Kats is one of the best bands I have ever worked with!

dale · Married on 12/23/2016

Big Ray & the Kool Kats are the Bomb! Everyone had a great time. In Ray's own words - "lots of bands can play" but when you want someone to be there ahead of time and put in the preparation time to make sure everything goes smoothly, Ray is your man. We couldn't have been more pleased!