Big Party Orchestra Reviews

1 User photo

Big Party Orchestra 1
  • Eliza

Eliza Truscott · Married on 09/21/2019

The Band was Outstanding!

The band made our day a true dance party/celebration, which was exactly what we wanted. We could not have asked for a better group. The Saxophonist was amazing and really got the crowd to their feet. The band listened to our requests and made sure they happened. So many guests asked us for the contact information for the band for their own big day! We loved BPO!

Sent on 10/14/2019

Big Party Orchestra's reply:

Eliza, what an amazing celebration thank you for having us cant wait for the next party:)

-Peter Barquet
  • Lauren

Lauren Reddy · Married on 08/31/2019

AMAZING BAND- best decision we made!

This band was hands down the best decision we made for our wedding day! They were absolutely spectacular- vocals were amazing and they brought so much energy that every single person was on the dance floor for the entire reception. People were texting me from the wedding asking how we found them and everyone is still talking about the epic dance party we had. We changed a few things up from the standard order and the band manager was more than willing to work with us to make sure it was executed perfectly. They also nailed all of our ceremony songs and our unique request for our first dance. My only advice would be to speak with the band manager about any deviations from a standard order of operations before filling out the song/timeline survey - everything worked out great but it may have been easier for us and the manager if we spoke on the phone before we filled out the survey. I would highly recommend this band for any couple whose priority is to have the most amazing day of their life!

Sent on 09/15/2019

Big Party Orchestra's reply:

Lauren, what an amazing wedding thank you for having us as your guests/entertainment. WOOOOOOO!!!

Congrats one last time and I look tp the next party!!!

• Ashley

Ashley Kelley · Married on 08/24/2019

The Best Decision for our Wedding!

We hired Big Party Orchestra to play at our wedding reception and we could not be more pleased with that decision!

They were so professional and responsive throughout the whole process, including in the months leading up to our wedding. They offered us an extensive song list but can play so many more which was incredibly impressive. They listened to our input when it came to song choices that we wanted to be played and those we did not and they nailed it!

The hours that the band played during our reception felt like a concert! All 260 guests were dancing. It was an incredible night and Big Party Orchestra made it so special and so fun. We cannot recommend them highly enough!

Thank you BPO!

Sent on 09/06/2019

Big Party Orchestra's reply:

Ashley, we had a blast thank you for having us lets plan a family/ton party and do it again!!!

-Pete

Sam Rp · Married on 08/10/2019

Best wedding band ever

BPO literally MADE our wedding - it's been a few weeks and people are still talking about it. It felt like our wedding turned into an actual concert, the quality of the music was the very best, and the dance floor was packed with 130+ people the entire night! The best money we spent on our wedding was on the band over anything else - we can't recommend them enough!!

Sent on 08/27/2019

Big Party Orchestra's reply:

Sam, a one for the books from start to finish the best is when you got up and ripped the guitar!!! Thank you for the wonderful review we had a blast!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Wing · Married on 07/13/2019

BPO was the highlight of our wedding

I found Big Party Orchestra via wedding website searches. After watching video clips of 15-20 bands, BPO was in my top 5... and after speaking with the band manager /musician Peter- BPO quickly became our frontrunner. Peter spent so much time getting to know us and made it his job to understand what we wanted for the wedding. Come the wedding day (last Saturday), they nailed it.
    Our guests have been RAVING about the band.... asking where we found them, and recommending them to friends and coworkers. The wedding was beautiful; at a vineyard in CT in a beautiful tent, amazing food and drinks... so for the band to be the highlight of the night means they were outstanding. Thank you Peter & BPO!

Sent on 07/17/2019

Big Party Orchestra's reply:

WOW, again, awesome, thank you!!!!!!!!
  • Jen

Jen Wing · Married on 07/13/2019

BPO was the highlight of our wedding

BPO nailed it. Literally every guest has been calling and asking where on earth we found this amazing band. Pete was great, the band brought the energy and performed for us. It didn't feel like an old routine, it felt fresh and they leaned into the audience vibes. They knew we wanted everyone to dance all night- and they delivered. Thank you Pete & BPO!

Sent on 07/17/2019

Big Party Orchestra's reply:

Jen, This is amazing and thank you for your thoughts. You sure know how to throw a BIG PARTY...lol. I wish the absolute best to you and Asher on your new journey together please let me know if I can ever help again with anything else, and I will let you if we ever play in NYC!!!!

All my best,

Peter Barquet

Bentley University · Married on 07/01/2019

Love Big Party Orchestra

Wonderful to work with. I highly recommend Big Party Orchestra. We have used them for our events for over 5 years and they are amazing!

Sent on 07/01/2019

Big Party Orchestra's reply:

Tonia, Thank you for the kind words we always love the Bently Reunion it starts off our season the right way every year:)

• Caitie

Caitie Packert · Married on 06/22/2019

The Best Band EVER!

The band was seriously one of the best parts of our entire wedding. Music and dancing is so important to my husband and I. We knew we needed a band who would put on a show. BPO did just that! All our guests had a blast and are still talking about the band, and booking them for their weddings too! LOVE LOVE LOVE this band

Sent on 06/28/2019

Big Party Orchestra's reply:

Thank you Caitie, The wedding was a blast many moments made that will be thought about for years to come. Thank you for trusting Big Party Orchestra to make a BIG PARTY!!!
  • Andrea

Andrea Murray · Married on 02/09/2019

Always a great experience.

I hired BPO for a wedding in February and still have people inquiring about the band because they were so impressed. Working with Peter made it simple for me to go through the process of hiring, picking out songs, and making sure the schedule of the night ran well. He is an expert at this and it showed, I didn’t have to worry about a thing. He is so easy to work with and makes everything way more fun! I look forward to hiring him again.

Sent on 08/15/2019

Big Party Orchestra's reply:

What an awesome review we had a blast thank you Andrea!

Looking forward to the next one.:)

Sarah Greco · Married on 01/10/2019

Company Holiday Party

Big Party Orchestra was fantastic to work with. We used them for our holiday party and they were very easy to schedule and meet our needs. Once set up and playing that worked with us on volume and stopping for speaking. All and all great experience

Sent on 08/05/2019

Big Party Orchestra's reply:

Sarah, thank you for doing this on our wedding site...lol. I hope we can come back and rock out for the team again!!

Rachel · Married on 09/08/2018

BPO was AMAZING! The best music I've heard at a wedding. From the guitarist who played during our ceremony, to the sax and keyboard players during our cocktail hour, and then the entire band during dinner/reception, everyone was so talented. I really appreciated the way the band strategically placed their break, so that once people got on the dance floor, they didn't stop until the end of the night! The variety of music was perfect and kept everyone entertained. Pete, the owner/manager was also great to work with. He did two separate one hour calls with me leading up to the wedding to talk through timeline, our music tastes, song requests, etc. I felt so confident about our music going into the wedding and knew everything was taken care of. I can't recommend BPO enough!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Rachel · Married on 09/03/2017

I feel like Big Party Orchestra is the best kept secret in the Boston wedding scene! Our wedding caterer suggested them early on when we were still deciding between a band and a DJ. The best part about BPO is that they're a mix between a live band AND a DJ. Some of their songs sound BETTER than the real thing and they put together incredible mashups of Top 40 hits. Our wedding was SO MUCH FUN because of BPO. Everyone, and I mean everyone, was on the dance floor the whole night. So many people commented that their feet hurt the next day from dancing so much and people who never dance at weddings were having a blast! My dad's one song request was The Rolling Stones' Brown Sugar and they nailed it. There's really nothing they can't do. By the time the last shuttle was leaving at 11:30PM, we had to physically pull people off the dance floor because they wanted to keep dancing. Plus, no one knew where the time had gone! Do not hesitate to book Big Party Orchestra for your event. They cater to all ages and they are so much fun!!

Sent on 10/04/2017

Karen · Married on 05/30/2015

Our wedding would not have been as great as it was without Big Party Orchestra! As soon as we saw BPO perform at wedding band showcase in Boston, we knew they were the ones we wanted for our big day. The dance floor at our wedding was packed the entire night. We got so many compliments about BPO from our 10 year old nephew to my husband’s 80 year old grandmother... everyone was blown away with how great they were! A few of our guests were interested in booking them for their own upcoming weddings. They played a wide range of music and even learned some songs that we requested like Zac Brown Band’s “Whatever It Is” as our first dance song and DMX’s “Ruff Ryders Anthem” as our entrance song. At the end of the night, our guests kept chanting “one more song!” and BPO played another. Even after that encore, our guests continued to chant “one more song!” That just shows how they have so much energy, are extremely talented, and really know how to keep the party going and the guests wanting more! I’m looking for any excuse just to hire them again!

Sent on 11/17/2015

BPO played at our daughter's wedding at Fenway Park! Everyone is still raving about them! They played their hearts out and there talent and energy rocked the venue! We feel so fortunate that they played at the wedding. They are the BEST!!!! If you want a band that can play for all ages and keep the party going, hire BPO!

Sent on 12/06/2014

Sarah · Married on 09/20/2014

Oh man, if you want your guests to have the time of their life, book BPO. Our guests still won't stop talking about how awesome they were! They can play anything and everything; from classic rock to hip hop to pop. Peter was incredibly easy to work with and made sure the entire evening was perfect. BPO had our guests up on the dance floor all night and we could not have been happier. Book them, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/30/2014

Ashley · Married on 09/06/2014

Six weeks before our wedding, our original band cancelled on us, which ended up being a blessing in disguise. Big Party Orchestra had only 2 dates left in 2014 and one happen to be our special day, 9.6.14! We researched every band available in New England and when we almost thought we were going to have to settle on a DJ, we came across Big Party Orchestra!

The band leader, Peter invited us to come see the band perform the next night, needless to say, after 15 minutes, we knew we had found our band! Each member has great presence and they all sing/play beautifully. The playlists on their website are wonderful, we couldn't have been more satisfied with our entire wedding night. From introductions, to dinner, to dancing, to the last song, they nailed every single song and our dance floor was packed!

After the last song of the night, our guests cheered for an encore, (no joke)! You know what song they performed? The song my husband and I asked to be played as we were introduced into the ballroom! Our guests were raving about the band all night, the next morning and even now, one month later! By the end of the night, I don't think they had any business cards left!

Our wedding day couldn't have been anymore special and we are so grateful for Peter and his fabulously talented team of musicians!

If you are looking for a band for your wedding, look no further :)

Sent on 10/06/2014

This is by far the best band in Boston, hands down. The manager, Peter, is so fun to work with and presents an amazing product! The band is always learning new songs and is able to really read a crowd and keep the party going. The band was the most important element of our wedding (when my husband and I discussed top three things...it was dancing-the band, food & drink, and venue). I recommend setting your priorities as well but if band is up there for you, don't look further than Big Party Orchestra!

Sent on 07/01/2014

Tom · Married on 06/14/2014

There is no band comparable to Big Party Orchestra, they are simply the BEST! We had them at our wedding in June and I have never seen a dance floor fill up as quickly as it did. And it never emptied! BPO was nonstop action for over 2 straight hours. Their incredible set list with songs from (so many more than these too): "Get Down Tonight" to "Rock with You" to "Dynamite" to "Ride with Me" to "Bringing Sexy Back" to "OMG" to "Party Rock Anthem" to "Wild Ones" to "Chicken Fried" to "Yeah 3X" to "Hot in Here" to "Die Young" to "Raise Your Glass" to "Wanna Dance with Somebody" to "No Diggity" right into "This is How We Do It" to "Lucky" and "Hold On We're Going Home" to close out the night, and then "Don't Stop Believing" for the encore, was all absolutely INCREDIBLE. No band puts on a better party and show than BPO. Their unique style of "mashing up" songs together and transitioning seamlessly to the next song is so cool and something that only they can do. Also, their range of songs is endless basically because they have amazing vocalists that can sing AND rap as well (KR and Simone), so no song is off the table. All the musicians are top notch and amazing at what they do. They are all great people and incredibly helpful and professional throughout the whole process of figuring out the wedding day. My man Peter is the main contact person, and is so awesome to work with, open to anything we would suggest and his main goal was to make us happy. The night was absolutely perfect because of Big Party Orchestra's energy, talent, and fun personalities. Everyone from our friends to fathers to great aunts keep telling us how great they were. They are very reasonably priced and worth every penny. There is no doubt in my mind that they are the best band in Boston and I'm already looking forward to seeing them perform ASAP, or planning another event just so we can hire them to bring the house down AGAIN!! THANKS SO MUCH BPO!!!

-Lindsay and Tommy

Sent on 07/14/2014

Amanda · Married on 05/31/2014

BPO was amazing. They had everyone up and dancing. They really engaged the crowd. The two lead singers got out in the middle of the dance floor and everyone was dancing around them and watching them. It was great. They are SO energetic. They are part of Best Bands so contact Best Bands to book them.

Sent on 07/11/2014

Big Party Orchestra's reply:

Thank you, Amanda! We had a friggin blast what an awesome wedding!!!
    - Peter Barquet

I don't think I would have had as much fun at my wedding without these guys (and gal). They were fantastic-kept a huge crowd on the dance floor all night with their high energy and great selection of music that greatly pleased our 20s-60s crowd. They offered excellent suggestions on music during our planning process and worked with us on some of our unique requests-my new husband wrote a song for me that the band was nice enough to learn on short notice to make our night special. Peter worked with us throughout the planning process and was super helpful, responsive and professional-and just a really nice guy! I couldn't recommend BPO more highly.

Sent on 01/03/2014

Awesome time!!!

Lindsey · Married on 10/13/2012

Do yourself a favor and hire BPO for your wedding. My husband and I have seen them play in Boston, as well as at another wedding besides our own. Every performance has been very professional and high energy. Our dance floor was packed the entire reception and we had so much fun that we extended the reception another hour. So many guests complimented us on the band and we heard from many that it was the best band they had ever seen at a wedding. Even our vendors - who have seen it all - were wowed! They are capable of playing a tremendous variety of music and there are 3 incredibly talented vocalists. Hands down they are the best band you can find. They are also very reasonably priced.

Sent on 11/26/2012

Big Party Orchestra's reply:

Thank you, Lindsey, let's plan another party!!!

kristine · Married on 06/15/2019

It felt like a live concert

We initially found BPO (a 7 piece band) through Nightshift Entertainment. They play at Hennessy's nearly every Thursday night so it was super easy to scope them out! We picked parent dances and an entrance song that weren't on their list, but they didn't bat an eyelash, and played them so well. They set their own playlist and dinner set, so you don't have to worry about much. If you want to be super hands on and dictate the whole playlist, you might want to grab a DJ, but really these guys know how to read a room and play a great set so better to leave the trust in their hands. It really felt like we were treated to a personal concert. They killed every song and we received so many compliments. I love a good band that can get and keep everyone on the dance floor.

Peter was awesome to work with during the planning process too. He was super friendly and helpful and has developed a great interactive questionnaire on Honeybook that you can fill in real-time while on the phone with him and he can see the changes as you make them. He can ask questions and have you expand or add notes so they're easily interpreted and they won't have any questions later.

Very happy we went with BPO!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Big Party Orchestra's reply:

Hi Kristine, Thank you for taking the time to say all these wonderful things. The State Room was a great choice and I love how the view makes you feel like your in another world. I am glad you and your guests enjoyed the private concert we made for you...lol. Good luck to you and Steve on your new journey together:)

All my Best,

- Peter Barquet

BPO did an absolutely AMAZING job as our wedding band!!! They also played cocktail hour music before hand which was great. So many of our guests are still talking about how wonderful and fun the band was. It was one huge dance party and they played the best songs. I didn't leave the dance floor for the last two hours of our reception I was having so much fun. I highly reccomend them as a wedding band, they will make your day so fun and special!

Sent on 10/01/2015
  • Kyle

Kyle Packert · Married on 06/22/2019

3.0

Epic. Wish we could do it all over again.

Hands down... BPO was the the talk of our wedding. At least 3 of our friends are already talking to them about doing their own wedding. They drove 3 hours North of Boston, brought the same energy into the final hour as they did opening, and even threw in a couple surprises that my wife and I will never forget.

Big Party Orchestra 2
    Sent on 07/05/2019

Big Party Orchestra's reply:

Thank you, Kyle, for your review. The vibe, the aesthetic of the venue was amazing, and of course, your Big Party was a hit. Good luck and congrats to you and Catie once again:)

Jamie · Married on 06/13/2014

3.0

We LOVED Big Party Orchestra. They MADE our wedding. The band was very engaged with the audience (I sang and played the guitar), came out into the crowd and the music kept our guests on the dance floor all night. Everyone raved about our band, and I even had a friend from CT ask if she could get them to come to her wedding.

My only caveat is that they do take a little bit long to respond to emails. As long as you're not easily stressed about some lacks in communication, you should TOTALLY book this band.

AH-MAZING!