Big Island Officiant Reviews

19 | Kailua Kona, HI

19 Reviews for Big Island Officiant

• Chloe

Chloe B. · Getting married on 11/12/2021

Mike is the best wedding Officiant

Okay, we all want to do the whole get married in Hawaii thing. However it is overwhelming. If you are eloping, destination wedding, or spur of the moment it is stressful. So I did what any person would've done, went to google to see who could help me plan this special day. I spoke to multiple wedding planners, I almost went with another one, but Pink Pineapple Weddings was the best one in all of Hawaii, let me tell you why.

Dawn and Mike are fully transparent, they helped me plan things and didn't over charge me for items so they could take a cut. Instead they were completely transparent about the prices for flowers, cake, equipment and the musician etc. Instead of the cake costing 300 and they charging me 320, and pocketing the 20, they charged me 300. I have never worked with such transparent people, ever.

Dawn is 100% honest. I wanted to get married in a specific place, and she flat out was like I am not sure if you want to get your dress dirty, deal with the tourists etc. Each decision we made was calculated, and not made in order for them to make a quick buck.

She helped me plan everything, we supported local businesses, and each vendor I worked with she recommend (although I didn't have to use her vendor if I didn't want to) was amazing and reasonably priced.

Her packages are more than fair and in my opinion are underpriced. Her photography and organization, paired with her Husband's dedication and amazing officiant qualities, makes Pink Pineapple Weddings the place to choose to plan your wedding.

I am just now receiving my pictures from the wedding. I am having multiple friends and family members telling me that these are the most beautiful pictures they have ever seen in their entire lives. Dawn has a true talent with photography and wedding planning. Mike knows how to make each ceremony unique and beautiful. I have never looked at a picture and re-lived the moment like this. Every picture Dawn has sent me, I genuinely re-live the moment in each swipe to the left within the album. You only get married once, thus you should pick the best wedding planner once to do this correctly the first time.

Pink Pineapple Weddings answered all of my ridiculous, annoying questions no matter the time change, or time of the day. Dawn and Mike washed away all my anxiety and really made this day special and possible. I am beyond grateful for this business for Dawn and Mike! Thanks again!

Sent on 01/08/2021
  • Cathy

Cathy K. · Getting married on 09/01/2021

Amazing Officiant!!!

Michael Eicher was an absolutely amazing Officiant for our wedding! He brought the Hawaiian element I wanted and it made me and my husband very emotional. Thanks Mike for making this the best day ever!! You are awesome. Cathy Keno (Kelly)

Sent on 01/27/2021

Laura C. · Getting married on 07/05/2021

Wedding perfection!

Our wedding day was perfect! We are so grateful to Mike and his wife Dawn for capturing our special day in the best possible way. We had a sunset ceremony, and they helped us find the perfect setting at an almost private beach. We were the only ones there! We had a beautiful ceremony, and Mike added the perfect touches of Hawaii. We then had the most stunning sunset skies, and Dawn was able to capture all of our special moments. Thank you for creating a perfect day for us! Aloha!

Sent on 12/31/2019

Randy S. · Getting married on 04/12/2021

Amazing Experience

If you are getting married in Kona you have to use Mike. He made getting married in Hawaii as easy as it could be. He guided us through the licensing process, directed us to a license agent (you have to have an in-person appointment to get your marriage license in Hawaii), got our flowers, and delivered a cake. Although, I don’t think he baked it! :-) It’s like having your own personal concierge for your wedding. I highly recommend him.

Randy Schmitz, Wedding Day: 07/12/2019

Sent on 12/28/2019
  • I

Imran A. · Getting married on 04/12/2021

A wonderful team and family (Mike, Samantha and Dawn).

If there were more stars available for this review we would definitely click on it for Dawn, Mike and Samantha! What a great team and awesome family! They made our beach wedding that much better and special with their positiveness and great attitude. My wife and I got married on the 28th of December which is a busy time for a lot of families, regardless, Mike, Samantha and Dawn accommodated to our needs and made it work fantastically! Thank you all so much.

Sent on 01/05/2020
  • F

Fiona G. · Married on 02/19/2021

Made our wedding amazing

We were trying to plan a wedding from Utah in Hawaii during the pandemic. He made us feel calm and heard! We didn’t have to worry about anything. He was amazing during the ceremony and made it feel so personal! Definitely recommend getting him and his wife, they work so well together which is truly a blessing!

Sent on 03/05/2021
  • Pedro

Pedro B. · Married on 12/23/2020

Mike is Amazing!

Mike was born to do this job! His voice and projection is perfect for any venue. I interviewed multiple officiates, but Mike was the best. Mike had amazing and kind words already prepared and even asked us if we wanted to add anything extra. What he added came natural to him. We will continue to recommend Mike to anyone that needs a wedding officiated!

Sent on 01/08/2021

Courtney A. · Married on 12/05/2020

Our Perfect Day!

Planning a destination wedding under normal circumstances can be challenging but in the midst of a pandemic can be a logistical nightmare! Dawn with Pink Pineapple Weddings and her husband Mike with Big Island Officiant put our concerns to rest and made planning our big day a seamless and easy process!

My husband Cody and I married on 12/5/2020 in a private ceremony on Ironwoods Beach in Maui. We had a vision of what we wanted our wedding day and post celebrations to look like but needed help working out some of the details. We were engaged in July 2020 and figured why wait? Let’s run off to a warm, tropical beach and get married in December! This didn’t leave us a lot of time to plan. We decided to retreat to Maui, just the two of us, and invite friends and family to attend our ceremony virtually through a livestream. I shared some ideas and concepts with Dawn and she ran with them! She partnered with local vendors to ensure that our flowers, leis, hair and makeup, cake, etc. were exactly what we wanted and fit into our budget. Dawn and her husband Mike (our wedding officiant- Bigislandofficiant.com)were so helpful. They kept us informed with the ever-changing COVID travel restrictions and requirements. We successfully arrived in Maui a few days before our wedding was to take place. Mike and Dawn met us to scout beaches for our ceremony and firm up last minute details. We had so much fun!

A few days later, our day was finally here! From getting ready to exchanging “I do’s”, our day could not have been more perfect! Our ceremony was beautiful and went off without a hitch! The photoshoot following was a blast! We rented a 57’ Porsche Roadster to use in our pictures and to drive to dinner. Dawn took so many pictures making sure to document all of our special moments. We went to dinner at Merriman’s (one of Dawn’s recommendations). We enjoyed a delicious celebratory dinner and toasted with Liliko’i Mai Tai’s to our forever!

The next morning we met Dawn and Mike for our “final plunge/trash the dress” photoshoot at Black Rock. What better way to solidify our vows and commitment to each other than to take a 30’ leap off of a giant lava rock?! Dawn snapped away, capturing our adventure while Mike cheered us on and made sure our phone/video camera was rolling! So fun and exhilarating!!!!

Our wedding weekend (ceremony, post celebrations, and jump) was absolutely amazing! Dawn was quick to get us “sneak peeks” of the pictures she had taken on our wedding day and of our jump at Black Rock so that we had them to share with friends and family right away! Within just a few weeks, Dawn emailed the remainder of our professionally edited photos. They are stunning and we couldn’t be happier with her work! She is so creative and detail oriented that she didn’t miss a thing! We are so grateful to have shared our wedding weekend with Dawn and Mike. They made our whole experience so wonderful! They are both delightful people and a pleasure to work with and be around. Mike is an absolute character with a great sense of humor! He is sure to keep you laughing! Dawn is fun, organized, and very helpful. She will make sure things are getting done as planned. She will run interference with vendors and prevent unwanted, stressful wedding day issues. We loved spending time with them!

If you are looking for a solid, professional, knowledgeable, experienced wedding planner and officiant, look no further! Mike and Dawn are such a dynamic duo. You won’t be disappointed! Together they will help you plan and make your special day unforgettable and everything you want it to be!

Forever fans,
    Courtney & Cody Perkowitz

Sent on 01/10/2021
  • Jennifer

Jennifer G. · Married on 11/18/2020

The BEST Experience

Planning a wedding in 2020 was scary... until we decided to go with Dawn and Mike! From day one, they were there for EVERY SINGLE STEP. Dawn and Mike were generous with her time, helping us plan our elopement on the Big Island while we were in CT. They were professional and very responsive when we had questions and flexible when plans changed due to the delays in traveling. They helped me find a makeup and hair stylist (which worked out perfect), delivered the bouquet and hakus for me and my little girl from a local florist (the most beautiful, tropical, arrangements, I’ve laid eyes on), helped us pick out a delicious cake from a world renowned chef and EVEN picked up my fiancée so we could have our “first-look moment” on the beach. Dawn and Mike really took the stress out of it all and it was more than we could’ve asked for.

I would be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous posing. I have three poses at best so I wasn’t confident if I could deliver when the camera was on. But they have a special talent with their clients. We felt as if we were the only ones on the beach, in our bubble. I admire their art in making people feel so confident and comfortable. Dawn was even able to make our 10 month old smile for a few pictures, which turned out to be the best family photo we have.

I can’t say it enough. Our day was magical and beyond anything we could’ve ever imagined and a big part of that is because of Dawn and Mike. If you are thinking about it, just do it! They know all the spots and all the right people. This is the team you want on your special day 💕

We love you guys so much! Until next time!!! Thank you for everything ❤️

Sent on 12/01/2020
  • Cheyenne

Cheyenne B. · Married on 10/01/2020

Big Island Officiant Made our Dream Wedding Come True!

From the time that we found Dawn Eicher and Mike Eicher with Pink Pineapple Weddings everything seemed to fall into place instantly and that wasn’t just luck- it was all of because of Dawn and Mike! The two of them brought so much of my now husband’s and my own personality to the wedding and went beyond anything we could have dreamed of for our wedding day all while planning this from 2,500 miles away!

From the beginning they helped take the stress off of our shoulders by providing venue locations for every budget, recommendations on anything from cakes to florist to hair and makeup artist- you name it these two can get it for your special day!

Having a destination wedding can be stressful and worrisome when you may not have the luxury of seeing the location in person until right before the wedding or even tasting cakes or having trial runs done before the big day. Let me ease your minds- we were shown a variety of different venues, shown how lighting and time of day would make our wedding look, sent updated videos of the venue we chose throughout the planning process, and they even met with us a couple of days before the wedding at the venue to show us how it would all come together! Their email and phone correspondence was quick and their prices very reasonable.

They made it so easy on us that all we had to do on our special day was live in the moment and soak it all in! It was huge for me that none of my family would have to do anything as far as setting up or tearing down wedding decor- and not to worry Mike and Dawn made sure that would not happen. They had the chairs set up, the isle created, flowers delivered and even personalized a toast for us in the end! We were even able to add sentimental touches to the ceremony by having our ceremony recorded and having Mike incorporate a prayer written by our family back home!

When it came to Mike officiating the ceremony, he brought in such a relaxing environment all while incorporating the Hawaiian traditions as well as allowing us to customize the ceremony with our own twist. It was a huge relief that we did not have the typical monotone ceremony with the audio cutting in and out. He made sure everything was perfect: his volume, clarity and charisma shown throughout the ceremony! It seems as though he had thought of everything to make the ceremony the best it could be. He even stood by our guest while he was officiating the wedding so that way our families were not looking at our backs the whole time.

Now for the pictures- it takes a talented person to make you cry just by showing you a picture on her camera that was just taken of you and your significant other. Dawn knew just how to bring out our photogenic sides. She was able to capture those flirtatious glances, adoring eyes and proud smiles. The saying a picture is worth a thousand words never rang true until I saw the pictures that she captured of us. She had the lighting perfected and the backdrop set perfectly in every frame. I am still amazed how she managed to capture all the little moments throughout the day!

Now that our Wedding Day is behind us all I can say is WOW! Dawn and Mike went above and beyond all of our expectations and made our wedding a dream come true! We love how they made the ceremony fit us and still brought in their thoughtfulness and creativity to the mix! Love Love Love Pink Pineapple Weddings! The two of them are so thoughtful and kind that they make you feel as though you have known them for years.

I could go on and on about how the two of these people made our dreams come true but the truth is is that there could never be enough words I could say to even begin to explain how perfect they made our experience! My heart is so happy knowing that our special day was everything we both wanted and more!

Sent on 01/19/2020

Cody · Married on 07/11/2020

Amazing beach wedding

Such an amazing job and company. My wife and I were extremely happy with the service and experience provided by Dawn and Mike! I would highly, highly recommend their companies and services.

Sent on 12/17/2019

Gennifer M. · Married on 07/07/2020

Beach Wedding

Mike did a great job with our ceremony! He provided a good template for the ceremony and suggested that we alter it to fit our personalities... it made last minute planning super easy! :) We were grateful for the help navigating the marriage license process too! Thank you!

Sent on 09/06/2020
  • Robert

Robert G. · Married on 06/01/2020

Awesome Wedding Experience

Micheal and Dawn were awesome to work with. They both made our destination wedding experience memorable and no stress. Living in California, working full time, and trying to plan a wedding can be very stressful, this experience was not.

Sent on 04/05/2020
  • Jennifer

Jennifer C. · Married on 03/01/2020

Your officiant is a step no further!

My Husband and I were so fortunate to have Mike be an officiant on our special day. He was friendly had a great sense of humor and was very informative and helpful through the process in helping us get our Marriage License. Mike was super flexible in any last minute changes and was responsive to any emails or phone calls till the last minute of when our wedding started. Highly recommend him!!

Sent on 10/18/2020

Carolynn G. · Married on 02/20/2020

I now pronounce you man and wife!!

We hired Pink Pineapple Weddings for our wedding on the Big Island on 02/20/2020. Mike and Dawn Eicher are just wonderful people. While we dealt mostly with Mike, we know Dawn did a lot of work in the background to make our wedding day special. Mike helped pick our wedding spot just from photos I saw on their website. They took care of our photographer, videographer, ukulele player, flowers, including our request for lei’s for our guests. Even when we had last minute guests that wanted to come unexpectedly to our wedding, they were able to accommodate a couple more lei’s. They took care of our cake and when we thought our reception location wasn’t going to work, they were able to help us on that too. I would have booked my hair and makeup through them too however, I booked at the last minute and couldn’t get a time slot, although they tried, but I was able to find someone on my own and it worked out perfectly. Our wedding evening was perfect. I was worried about the wind but it wasn’t too bad. We picked the perfect side of Kikaua Point Park to hold our ceremony. As you know, weather in Hawaii can sometimes be unpredictable and they say rain during your wedding is good luck. Well during our ceremony, it started raining. We thought at one point, Mike was stopping our wedding, but instead, he surprised everyone by coming prepared with umbrellas. It was funny (as we all reminisce about it today) but it was all well orchestrated. Dennis, the ukulele player was magical. We even asked for a special song but it wasn’t on his normal playlist and he would have had to learn it, so we said not to worry about it, but again were surprised when Dennis still played our song for us. I married the most beautiful man on the most perfect day, at the most beautiful place on the island with the people that we loved and loved us the most and I couldn’t imagine anyone or any other company than Mike & Dawn and Pink Pineapple Weddings making it all come true. OMG and the CAKE!! I love lilikoi and told Mike I wanted a naked lilikoi wedding cake with flowers. We had this beautiful lighted topper and it was so perfect and sooooooooo delicious that EVERYONE commented that it was the best cake they had ever had at any wedding. Book with Pink Pineapple Weddings to coordinate all your wedding needs, you won't regret it. Just look at their website. Sometimes you look at company web page and you expect a certain level of service based on the quality of their web site, but are often disappointed when they don't deliver. Well, Pink Pineapple Weddings and Mike and Dawn Eicher, very much exceeded our expectations. Our photos came later and we couldn’t decide on the ones we liked the most so we have our wedding photos framed all over our house so we can be reminded every day of our special day and our video montage of our wedding, we sent out to all our family and friends and they all said they couldn’t stop crying; heck we couldn’t stop crying watching it. Mike and Dawn will always hold a special place in our hearts and we hope to get back to Hawaii soon to get together with them. We can’t thank them enough!! Mahalo!!

Sent on 07/23/2020
  • Jason

Jason K. · Married on 02/11/2020

Amazing experience that made our lives a breeze

Talk about full service, Mike was great. He helped secure our perfect location, guided us through licensing process and even recommended great places to eat. I was nervous and Mike injects just the right amount of humor while respecting the significance of the moment – you can tell he is serious about his work but also enjoys it. Teaming with his wife Dawn, our photographer, they are quite the team. If you want to get married on the beach near Kona, Mike has got to be your guy.

Jason Kuhl, Wedding Day: 11/14/2019

Sent on 12/09/2019
  • Rodney

Jimmy · Married on 02/08/2020

Best Service

Thank you for making our day so special! You assisted us through every part of the process with calm demeanor that put us at ease especially since we accomplished everything on such short notice. You get our highest recommendation every day and twice on wedding day!

Sent on 12/09/2019

Shanna T. · Married on 09/22/2019

Amazing experience!

Wedding Date – 9/22/19

Mike was so great at putting our elopement together for us. He took the time to get us everything we needed to file for our marriage license, help us find the perfect spot for our ceremony, and even gave us dinner recommendations. He let us customize our vows and it was perfect for our wedding. Highly recommend Big Island Officiant to anyone. His wife Dawn also took our photos, and they are just beautiful. It was the best experience all the way around! Thank you.

Sent on 12/29/2019
  • Mike

Mike R. · Married on 03/06/2019

Huge “thank you” to Mike and Dawn for making our special day so perfect. From the preparation and organization to the execution of wedding day. They nailed all of the details and exceeded our expectations! A very big Mahalo to you both.

Sent on 12/08/2019