80 Reviews for BIG FUN Disc Jockeys

Projector (2)
One Event Per Day (1)
Disco Ball (1)
80 BIG FUN Disc Jockeys Reviews

Big Fun DJ was recommended to us by a couple that had recently gotten married. They had nothing but good things to say about them so we reached out.

We worked with Paul who was super professional to work with and walked us through the entire process. He made sure that the playlist reflected our interest in music but was still fun for the rest of the wedding attendees.

We also had specific songs we wanted to utilize for when we walked down the aisle and he made sure he got those and they transitioned seamlessly.

Another great aspect was the lighting and effects that he brought, it really helped everyone get into the dancing mood. We heard countless compliments on how fun and upbeat the dance floor was!

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Big Fun DJ, especially Henry!!!! is one of my two favorite vendors to work with for my wedding (tied with my photographer, but they were glued to me the entire day of the wedding so perhaps it doesn't count). When my husband and I first setup our meeting with Henry we were freaking out. It was about 3 months before our wedding and we had no idea how our wedding timeline would go, so we figure we would not have much direction for Henry in terms of music or mc'ing. Little did we know Henry is the wedding whisperer!!!!! When he greeted us the first thing we noticed is his smooth radio speaking voice, perfect for mc'ing. He then proceeded to wow us and work magic for the next 2 hours. Somehow HE managed to workout a timeline for us, down to the minute! He asked us questions and details about the wedding we had not even considered, but kept us from freaking out with our poor planning because he always had instructions, examples, and suggestions on completing the task (ex., cake cutting song, who thinks of that??). We left the meeting with Henry feeling like a huge weight was lifted off our shoulders. This complicated timeline we didn't even know how to begin to tackle was pretty much completed for us. There was a lot of homework left for us because of our poor planning, but Henry took detailed and meticulous notes of every completed task, as well as what was left to do, and sent us an email follow up within a couple of hours. Everytime we had made a selection or completed a task we emailed him and he responded with an updated to do list within a few hours each time. He also sent us friendly reminders when we were lagging on a response, pretty much kept us on task the entire time. Oh, ANNNNNNDDDDD he has a great talent for editing music if you need it longer or shorter then the original. He even does mashups! Of course we can't forget about the music! The day of Henry was a great MC, keeping the show running smoothly. We circled a couple of songs from the ext

Profile Picture Maria, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

Paul did an incredible job DJing our wedding. From the music for the ceremony to providing microphones for the speeches and the dancing music at the end of the night - everything was flawless. So many of our guests commented on how great the music was and how much fun they had dancing. Paul went above and beyond prior to our wedding. He made sure he knew exactly what kinds of songs we wanted to play and he helped edit our first dance, mother/son and father/daughter dance songs to what we wanted. Highly recommend Big FUN DJs!

Profile Picture Karen, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I worked with Stefano Bortolin and everything was perfect! He was extremely prompt and clear with communication in the months leading up to our wedding which was a huge stress relief. He nailed it on the specifics we had requested for the wedding (ceremony songs, reception entrance, first dance, etc) and he came through on the parts we left up to him (cake, bouquet, garter, etc). Not going to lie... I was a little nervous when he said that he usually handles the music for those parts... but of course, I had nothing to worry about because he completely "got" our style and preferences and delivered :-) Our venue coordinator said she had never seen a dance floor so "poppin" for the whole duration of the wedding reception. I'll credit at least 50% of that to Stefano for the DJing... (the other 50% goes to our crazy friends and family). But Stefano definitely knew how to keep the party going and please the whole crowd, young and old!! Very reasonably priced too.

Profile Picture Isabelle, 7/2/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

I am so glad that I went with Big Fun! The team is amazingly helpful from the beginning of my wedding planning till the end of the wedding day!!

I was fortunate enough to have Woody as my DJ. He was so patient and accommodating throughout the planning process. He was also the savior on my wedding day to make sure everything goes according to the timeline.

And oh, their lighting, fog machine, music...everything was just awesome!! Woody turned the dance floor into a night club. He had almost everyone on the dance floor from 8pm till 11pm!!

Please do yourself a favor and hire them. There is no need to fish around no more! :)

Profile Picture Jojo, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We used Big FUN as the DJ for our wedding this October at Kohl Mansion. From day one, Paul was incredibly responsive, professional and accommodating, and he had an amazing attitude. You can tell he truly loves what he does! We were planning the wedding from New York, and Paul was great with having multiple "conference" calls with us as we figured out logistics. Big FUN has a huge music selection, but they were also willing to get whatever song we wanted if it wasn't on the list. We loved working with Paul so much that we asked him to be the actual DJ the day of, and it was a great decision! Our wedding was a little different with the courses and dancing alternating throughout the night. The wedding was also half Russian, with Russian music and traditions. Paul handled it all with ease (and even found a few Russian songs I wanted that we didn't already have)! He led the reception, keeping everything on time, and was a great presence and personality at the wedding! (One of my favorite moments was when one of my bridesmaids mentioned a funny song we used to sing when we were younger in her toast, and Paul played a few seconds of it as we were hugging - he was so on top of everything!) Paul also handled all of the audio for the ceremony and cocktail hour, which went seamlessly. Finally, Paul recommended his lighting for the dancing. While I was initially against the idea, Paul and the groom convinced me, and it really added that additional fun/special touch to the last dance set. I loved it. Hiring Big FUN, and Paul, was one of our best decisions, and I would more than recommend them to anyone.

Profile Picture Elina, 10/9/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Hiring Big Fun DJs was an easy decision, they were the most responsive and their cost is extremely low for the level of services they provide. We had Paul as our DJ, and he was incredible. Because my wife is Russian, he had to spend lots of time tracking down the songs she wanted. Paul not only found the required songs, but also found additional ones that she loved.

What makes Paul such an amazing DJ is he really watches the guests' reactions to song selection, and caters towards what they are enjoying. This is quite the nice departure from the wedding DJ who plays music that clears the dance floor, and doesn't learn from his mis-cue (this happened at a friend's wedding the previous weekend). From the very first few songs, Paul had the crowd hooked, and for the rest of the night, the dance floor seemed way too small. The fun dance lighting was also a nice addition, it really helped set the atmosphere for the fast, dance songs.

Besides being the DJ, Paul was also our MC for the evening. He easily kept the reception on schedule, with his great personality shining through the entire time. Paul helped make our wedding day easily the best day of our lives.

Profile Picture Ben, 10/9/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

These guys were AWESOME! Henry planned, coordinated, and set up all the initial details with such care and attention to detail. And Paul Birchfield, was simply wonderful to work with! He was extremely easy going and very happy to accommodate our requests along the way- making special request tracks, asking really important questions I never would have remembered, even stepping up big time when we threw last minute changes at him! Super professional and even more kind. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Tierney, 9/25/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Paul is AMAZING. Thank you for being so attentive and wonderful at our wedding including all the prep leading up to it. Without Paul, the day wouldn't have flowed as smoothly as it did. He made sure to read the mood and adjust timing based on it. He also offered loads of advice leading up to the big day, and made sure that everything (not just the music) was so very us. 100% would recommend Paul and BIG FUN DJs!

Profile Picture Jennie, 7/15/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones
4.7

BIG FUN DJ were great!! My brother had hired them for his wedding. The owner/manager Paul was always SUPER responsive to my emails and questions and we ended up hiring Mike Calpito for our special day. Immediately when we met Mike, we knew he was the right guy for us. Very easy to work with, patient and has amazing taste in music (much like my taste). He helped us A LOT build out our wedding reception schedule and provided a lot of great input. My guests had a great time and really enjoyed some of the 90's and 00's throwback goodies I wanted to play that was also right up Mike's alley. BIG FUN was also able to provide a projector and screen to show our wedding slideshow during the reception which a lot of other DJ companies couldn't support.

Thank you for making our wedding so fun!! We would highly recommend BIG FUN for your wedding or party and we loved working with Mike Calpito!!!

Profile Picture Janet, 7/2/16, 11 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System

Big Fun, especially Woody, totally made our wedding day! They were incredibly quick to respond and up front about their pricing and various add-ons, which is so refreshing when you're planning a wedding since everyone else seems to be so coy about revealing their actual prices. During the planning process, Woody was an absolute life-saver - when we met with him (via Skype because we were planning from LA), he helped us make a very concrete timeline for the entire reception. He also made suggestions for songs and some logistical details that were incredibly helpful, on top of just being super personable and funny!
On the day of, he acted as the MC when needed and kept us on schedule throughout the reception, which allowed us to relax and enjoy ourselves knowing that he would direct the guests as needed. He also dealt with a minor power outage right when the dancing started - he had the issue fixed within what seemed like about a minute.
And of course, his DJ skills for keeping everyone on the dance floor were amazing! We had a mix of ages and backgrounds, but I saw every single person out on the dance floor at least once during the night, and I totally credit Woody for knowing his crowd that well.

All in all, Woody made our reception an absolute blast for us and for our guests - I could not recommend him more highly!

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/20/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Woody was fantastic. Very professional, great recommendations for music for the different crowds. We didn't have our music selection narrowed down until the last minute and he was very nice about it. He also helped us with our ceremony timing.

Profile Picture David, 5/28/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Big Fun DJ was on our venue's vendor list and we are so so glad we went with them. Woody, our DJ, was great! He understood exactly what we wanted and kept the evening moving perfectly. He was in constant communication leading up to our wedding, allowing us to make several last minute changes. Our guests loved the time they spent on the dance floor and we all had a great time. Thank you Woody and Big Fun DJ!

Profile Picture Megan, 4/9/16, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Stefano is an amazing DJ! We hired him to DJ our wedding and he did an phenomenal job! He is very professional, personable and has a booming, welcoming voice that's just perfect!

The good:
1. Kept everything on time for our tight time schedule - he found us when we needed to cut our cake and have our first dance.
2. He encouraged guests to take part in our activities like signing our guestbook and having a caricature done.
3. He kept the party going and played the songs we requested.
4. He set-up ceremony speakers for our vows at the redwood grove without any available electricity.
5. Excellent quality microphones and speakers - we never heard a squee or any interference!!
6. Amazing lighting and fog set-up! Very fun for all ages!
7. Good price!

The extra good -
Stefano found the Zelda theme song out of no where day-of; with only 30 min heads up!! There was an issue with timing and photos so we missed this song for our ceremony recessional so Stefano stepped up and found it for our reception entrance!! We know DJ's hate this kind of surprise and we appreciate how Stefano handled it!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 9/20/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Big Fun was incredible! They are an awesome team of professionals. We reached out to Big Fun over a year in advance and couldn't be more impressed by Paul's responsiveness, knowledge, and easy going personality. He was able to answer all my detailed questions over email in such a clear, concise way. We asked to talk to DJ Mike over the phone before booking...and after 5 minutes of chatting, we knew Big Fun should be our wedding DJ. Like Paul, Mike was responsive, knowledgable, and super duper easy to work with. We met him a month or so before our wedding to walk through all the details and he was incredibly helpful. He basically planned our wedding timeline for us! You can tell he has a lot of experience with weddings and with clients like my husband and I (with conflicting taste in music, lol). Great guy. He even drove all the way to Emeryville to meet us! On our actual wedding day, DJ Mike was timely, offered just the right amount of em-ceeing, and was so respectful. We got feedback from our guests that volume and sound was great all night, including during open dancing. Thanks, Big Fun, for making our wedding awesome!!!

Profile Picture Han, 9/19/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Our DJ (Mike) was a pleasure to have. He was flexible and able to meet with us and keep email and phone contact when we wanted to alter our music selection

Profile Picture User6058038, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC

We found this vendor from our venue (Thomas Fogarty Winery) preferred vendor list. The fact that they provide lighting, fog machine and ceremony music already got our interest. We emailed them to inquire for more information and we were absolutely impressed with how responsive they are. With the amount of overwhelming inquiries during the wedding planning, we certainly appreciated how promptly the vendors respond. We met up with them in person at one of wedding fairs and signed with them immediately. Highly recommend our personal DJ Mike Calpito. The moment we talked with him, we knew he was our DJ. Our passion for music matched really well. He was very professional with our initial planning all the way to the wedding day. One of the vendors we were absolutely happy with. Customized our ceremony, grand entrance, dinner and dance music. He even helped with our slideshow! The execution was flawless and we couldn't ask for a better DJ. Highly recommend!!!

Profile Picture User6353275, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Disco Ball, Microphones, Projector, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Amazing communication, service, and professionalism from start to finish! Our DJ, Mike Calpito, was phenomenal! He was professional, calm, and extremely organized at our wedding. I definitely recommend BIG FUN!!!

Profile Picture User5629988, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Plenty of love for these guys already but wanted to give another shout out to Paul Burchfield and Mike Calpito! We held our wedding last month at Nestldown in Los Gatos and my wife and I have nothing but good things to say about the good guys at BIG FUN.

We were referred to BIG FUN through our wedding coordinate, the amazing Barbara Beck at Nestldown. As busy as they are, Paul was responsive from day 1, jumping on the phone with us over 10 months prior to our wedding. We planned our wedding from Boston so his quick replies and thorough communication was really appreciated.

Our DJ, Mike Calpito, was pro-active and organized throughout the entire process. We held an initial FaceTime session with him about 2 months ahead of the wedding where we talked about everything from recommend songs to "must plays" and "do not plays." When we got caught-up with other wedding details and became less responsive to his outreach, he was respectfully persistent until we fine tuned all the music and wedding party introductions.

On the day of the wedding, Mike arrived early for setup and kept the music bumping and our guests on the dance floor. What I didn't fully appreciate until the day-of is that Mike is more than just a DJ playing music - he is an expert MC and kept us organized throughout the entire day. When we fell behind, Mike very calmly spoke to us and rearranged the schedule of events post-dinner. Mike was patient and thoughtful throughout the wedding - he's just a really good dude.

Without a question, my wife and I would definitely recommend BIG FUN for any couples still looking to hire a wedding DJ.

Profile Picture Justin, 6/26/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Paul with Big Fun DJ's was fun and wonderful to work with! He was so accommodating to our tastes in music and helped us have our wedding reception exactly the way we wanted it! Music was the theme of our wedding and so it was important to us that we had the special songs we wanted represented - no problem for Paul. Whatever we wanted he made it happen!! He kept in touch with us the perfect amount before the wedding and was available and responsive if we needed to email a quick question. Big Fun DJs came highly recommended to us through a very good friend. We would highly recommend them for any event where you need a DJ.

Profile Picture Beth, 4/18/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had originally booked BFDJ for our wedding in August, but due to a family emergency we pushed our wedding up to mid-April. As in the wedding planner started making phone calls on Monday and we were married on Sunday.

Naturally I was worried that BFDJs would not be available on such short notice. Not only did Paul accommodate us on five days notice, he did an incredible job interweaving our music preferences with some great classics. Ours was not an easy wedding to DJ, what with the combination of Jewish customs and Bollywood music, but Paul worked with is to make sure our preferences were heard (literally and figuratively!) and all with an incredible amount of professional and genuine good-heartedness. It was clear that for Paul (and I am assuming for the company as a whole) DJing weddings is not just a job for them, but a real pleasure, which is what made working with them a real pleasure for us too!

Do yourself a favor: stop researching, and just go with Big Fun Disc Jockeys. I'm confident you won't regret it.

Profile Picture Catherine, 4/12/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We feel so lucky to have had Woody as our DJ for our wedding reception in April. He met with us about a month beforehand to get a sense of what we wanted our reception to be like, and he delivered in spades. Not only did the music live up to the BIG FUN name, but Woody was a classy MC throughout and things flowed seamlessly. He was able to sync perfectly with our wedding coordinator and we had a care-free night. We were thrilled how he kept a set of guests spanning the ages out on the dance floor. He was perfectly professional and nothing threw him for a loop. The music, lights, microphones, and flow of the evening were all perfect and Woody managed to hit our unique musical taste spot on. Woody doesn’t give you want he thinks you would want in a wedding – he truly listens and gives you what you really want in a wedding. We would book him again in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture User3992950, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

The name definitely matches the experience. The music, the lighting....and having DJ Mike C. at our wedding was essential to a smooth and perfect evening. Mike stayed on top of our timeline and even knew how to adapt when we threw in a few surprises to our program. He was a pleasure to work with, and we're so glad we chose BIG FUN. The best part was that BIG FUN allowed us to pay AFTER the wedding.

Profile Picture Janet, 2/14/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, MC

Great DJ company! I used them for my wedding, and was impressed by how responsive they were to my (what felt like) hundreds of questions! Several months before the wedding, they were proactive finalizing the details in a way that was accommodating to my schedule (was planning a wedding long distance so they were willing to do things over phone/email). Day of, they were professional and made sure that the range of guests (from kids to older adults) were having a good time. They know how to 'feel out the crowd' to ensure people are enjoying themselves, they transition between events smoothly, and they are great team players (with other staff such as day of coordinators, other vendors). I highly recommend BigFun DJ's for any event!

Profile Picture User4146903, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Paul Burchfield of BIG FUN Disc Jockeys is the MAN! My husband and I are beyond thrilled with the wonderful experience he provided on our wedding day in Santa Cruz. You might find other DJs at a slightly lesser cost, but DO NOT let that sway you from the perfection that you will get with Paul. His services are worth every price! Plus, you don't have to pay until after the wedding!

Our prep meeting at a coffee shop was thorough and fun. Communication leading up the wedding day was helpful and informative. I'd done a lot of wedding research and Paul taught me so much that I hadn't known!

Paul helped me track down songs I had only seen on YouTube. He trimmed longer songs to make them fit for first dances. I was constantly adding and removing songs to our playlist regularly. He sent us a fabulous CD of music to choose for all parts of the ceremony and reception. I couldn't decide on a father/daughter song and he sent me so many options to choose from.

On the big day, we were so happy with the results. Our recessional performer backed out at the last minute and Paul was ready with our Plan B song without skipping a beat. At the reception, our guests had a fabulous time dancing all night long. My dad loved Paul so much, he pulled him in for pictures, too!

I absolutely recommend Paul Burchfield from BIG FUN. Stop looking elsewhere!

Profile Picture Gina, 10/19/14, 4 Reviews