Big City Catering Reviews

185 | Orlando, FL

185 Reviews for Big City Catering

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Kacie · Married on 01/13/2018

I had my wedding last weekend and Big City Catering went above and beyond! Aubrey was the best!! She made everything easy and handled any special requests with true professionalism and joy. My venue was my grandfathers ranch in Clermont FL, so it was not the easiest venue for them to work out of. However, the catering staff went above and beyond their duties to make sure the event went off with out any problems! I have had so many people tell me that the food was the best wedding food they have ever had! Also, the staff was super attentive to the groom and me on the day of. They made sure we had apps on our table when we sat. They also brought some drinks and apps to us while we were taking pictures during cocktail hr. I would recommend them to any bride!

Stephanie · Married on 11/18/2017

From the initial consultation to the big day, Big City Catering was professional, prompt, and flexible! The food was out of this world delicious and the service they provide is beyond exceptional!

Lisa · Married on 07/01/2017

We cannot say enough about Aubrey Tolley with Big City Catering in Orlando. Aubrey was professional, flexible, and consistently made herself available to discuss any new ideas or changes. The table settings were gorgeous, the food quality very good, and the service while setting-up, waiting on our guests, and cleaning-up was top-notch. Thank you all for your part in making Jessica's and Nathan's Wedding day (07.01.17) so special. Kevin and Lisa Rees

Emily · Married on 05/06/2017

All I can say is "yummy!" We were assigned to Big City Catering when we booked our wedding with Cypress Grove Estate House. Through Cypress Grove, they provided you with multiple menu options from Big City catering, which made it easy to pick and choose what you want! However, we also customized some parts of our menu, and they were extremely accommodating. My husband and I had to work the day of the food tasting, but my parents attended and were very impressed by their food! We locked in our menu, and sampled their food for the first time on our wedding day, and we were so happy. Everything was delicious, and I was especially fond of the appetizers (we chose the spinach and artichoke bites, the Beef and Bleu skewers (FAVORITE), and shrimp cocktail). We also wanted something fun, so we purchased their Bacon Bar, which came highly recommended. Our guests all raved about the food, especially the bacon bar. Big thank you to Big City Catering for providing us with amazing food and excellent staff for our wedding. Highly recommend them!

Kelly · Married on 02/25/2017

First off, their food is absolutely delicious! Most of our guests went for seconds at the buffet. The staff was so on par and took care of me and my now husband, so we didn't have to get up once for food or drinks. Aubrey was our contact with Big City, and she did a phenomenal job communicating with us, and making sure we were getting what we wanted. Highly recommend them!

Dominique · Married on 02/18/2017

Big City did an amazing job catering our wedding. Our guest are still raving about how excellent the food was.

Michelle · Married on 02/18/2017

No one owns a crystal ball and unfortunately, my daughter had to cancel her wedding 26 days before the ceremony. They were totally understanding and helped in every way they could. This vendor is very professional and we would certainly use them in the future. The food at the tasting was outstanding!!!!

Jordan · Married on 12/31/2016

Food is phenomenal! We knew we had found the one at our tasting which was amazing, especially the mac and cheese! We had prime rid caving station and it was to die for, our guests raved about how great all the food was! Also, the service we excellent. They really make sure the bride and groom are taken care of the whole night. Thank you so much!

Jerilyn · Married on 10/22/2016

Big CIty Catering did a fantastic job at our wedding. Everything was delicious! I had multiple guest raving about it afterward. I definitely recommend using them!

Tianyu · Married on 10/08/2016

The food was absolutely amazing. We were able to have a grand tasting at Cypress Grove before it was time for our final decision on the menu which was a nice help. Guests definitely loved all the food, highly recommended.

Amber · Married on 07/23/2016

Great flexibility with menus. Even if there is a menu provided by them they will work with you to make it your menu with a private tasting. Great food

AMAZING!! Big City catered my wedding on 4/22/16 and did an incredible job! I worked with Kristina from the very beginning and she is seriously one of the sweetest people! She helped me choose my menu and dealt with my indecisiveness and constant questions. She responded to all my emails so quickly and helped in absolutely every way she possibly could - SUCH a sweetheart! The food at the wedding was delicious (especially the Captain Morgan Beef!) and the service was perfect! I would recommend Big City to absolutely everyone! THANK YOU Kristina and the rest of the Big City team!!

Karen · Married on 01/30/2016

We had considered and interviewed with the most popular local catering services and everyone of them had the same pitch, food and price. We found Big City at a wedding show. Kristina and the staff at Big City were impressive so we decided to do a tasting and get their price quote. Kristina's demeanor was refreshing, they had some unique dishes and presentation choices and the pricing was competitive. Big City was willing to schedule our tasting to accommodate the bride and groom who lived out of state. Their selections are extensive and delicious so it was a difficult decision to select a menu... we changed it a few times...and the staff was more than cooperative. We were thrilled with the presentation, quality, quanity and taste of the menu we had chosen. Kristina was there to make certain everything went smoothly, which it did. The guests raved about the food, from appetizers to main dish it was all perfect. This is a top notch organization, even the owner introduced himself to us at the wedding to see if we needed anything. We could honestly say that it was perfect and we couldn't ask for more. Thank you Kristina and the Big City chef and catering staff for a job well done and for the cookbook, it was a lovely touch.

Christine · Married on 01/15/2016

One of the best decisions we made for our vendors. Making changes was a breeze, and the service the day of was superb!

Ashley · Married on 11/13/2015

Big City Catering did a great job and I can’t thank them enough for all their hard work! When we first started planning our wedding we had met with another caterer and had our hearts set on using them but when we chose Cypress Grove as our venue plans changed as they are the only caterers permitted at our venue. We were provided the standard menus to pick from the standard options of each category so I was a little underwhelmed at first. The first thing that really won me over with Big City Catering was when I contacted them directly to discuss menu options. I received a response from Tom Pokorny, the owner of the company. He was really flexible and set up a meeting with me for when I was in town (it was a destination wedding for us from Canada). I couldn’t have been happier we did that, we talked about all the different items that they had prepared in the past, what they are capable of doing and he even shared with us some of his favourites. In the end we walked away with the perfect menu that captured the tastes of both my fiancé and I.

On the day of the wedding, the food tasted amazing! People are still talking about the hors d'oeuvres, we went with Bleu & Beef Skewers at Tom’s recommendation and Mac and Cheese bites for myself. The wait staff was quick and friendly. I always hear of weddings where the bridal party gets no food because everything is all gone by the time the pictures are finished. This was definitely not the case with Big City Catering. The wait staff kept coming to the bridal party with full trays of hor d’oeuvres during pictures. Dinner was certainly the cherry on top, everything just kept getting better. I had requested mushroom ravioli with a cream sauce as one of the pasta dishes and it was by far the greatest thing that I have ever tasted! Our guests can’t stop raving about how good the food was. We could not be any happier with Big City Catering and I would definitely recommend them as #1 for food and service!

Sent on 12/08/2015

Big City Catering's reply:

Wow! What a heartfelt review. We are so thankful for our Cypress Grove clients who appreciate what we do here at Big City Catering. Thank you for sharing your experience and kind praise =) P.S. Great choice with your menu! The Bleu + Beef Skewers and Mac n Cheese bites are ALWAYS a hit!

Hallie · Married on 10/10/2015

Kristina and the entire Big City team were the BEST! Food tastings were my fiancé and I's favorite part of wedding planning, and so we went to a lot of them, LOL! Our first tasting had everything we requested, even things not on the menu that they were trying out just for us! We really felt special and wined and dined if you will. We were very particular on some of the flavors we wanted and how we wanted the beef cooked and seasoned, ect. And they did perfect! The team was so professional to work with the entire time, from that moment through the big day! On our busy wedding day, they made sure that my groom and I got all the food to try no matter where we were and had food ready for us wherever we were going! So, from the service, to menu to the DELICIOUS taste of the food, everything was exceptionally PERFECT!! I want more! LOL. Thank you so much Big City, I'm soooo glad we went with you guys!

Pamela · Married on 09/12/2015

Before we booked with Big City Catering, we had 2 previous tastings and were unimpressed with both vendors with regards to their food and value. We knew immediately when we met with Kristina that we were going to book with them - and we did (even before trying the food). We had heard great reviews and after looking at the value, it was a no brainer. Other caterers nickel and dime their prices (including charging for glassware). What we loved about Big City Catering, was that everything was included in the package. They even let us purchase our own alcohol which was a huge cost savings! The day-of staff was amazing and we had many compliments regarding the efficiency of the bartenders! Tracy was the event manager and her and her team constantly checked in with my husband and I to make sure that we didn't need anything (including drinks!)! We had so many compliments about the food! Several of our guests said that this was the best food that they ever had at a wedding and we couldn't agree more. The food was AMAZING and everything we hoped for! The hardest part of the process was narrowing down our menu because they offer SO MANY CHOICES! We also used them to rent our chairs as they had better pricing than our venue. We were so pleased from start to finish and we cannot say enough about Kristina and her team! She was a pleasure to work with and we would highly recommend them!

Marlon · Married on 09/12/2015

To put it simply, the service was amazing. Everything was wonderful. My wife and I did a destination wedding and found out about Big City Catering and were not disappointed. From day one they were courteous, great with communication and the food was great. Kristina was our contact person and she was on point. We had Chef Thomas and we had no negative comments regarding the food from our guests. From the vegetarian meals, to the salmon, to the jack daniels chicken, everything tasted great. I don't think there was a plate that wasn't completely cleaned off. The tasting sessions went very well and the only issue we had was deciding on which food to have because everything we ate was so great. We would definitely recommend Big City Catering to anyone who wants to have great food, service, and just an overall great experience with their caterer.

Sent on 10/22/2015

Big City Catering's reply:

How very sweet of you to express those kind words! It was a pleasure for myself and our team to be a part of your special day. We wish you lots of happiness and yummy meals together in your future =) - Kristina

Kristina and her team were the best ever! She was a blast to work with and the food is literally amazing! You know how you normally go to weddings and usually can anticipate that something will be horrible, that doesn’t happen with Big City Catering. Everything was perfect, all of my guests raved about the food. We had a macaroni and cheese bar and mashed potato bar and it was so fun for us and our guests! We also added an ice cream bar for dessert, instead of cake, and all of our guests said it was the best ice-cream ever! We met with Kristina multiple times before our wedding and she really goes above and beyond. My fiancé and I have become best friends with her after all of our communication and coordination of picking the best food ever for our big day. I wouldn’t even look at any other vendors for catering. Big City wins, hands down. Best food, best people, best everything. You won’t be disappointed at all, your expectations will be highly exceeded if you choose Big City. Thanks Kristina and thank you Big City Catering for making my wedding day the best ever. Oh and definitely get the crab cakes!

Sent on 08/18/2015

Big City Catering's reply:

I can't thank you enough for your kind words. I can truly call you + Chris my friends =) Let's keep in touch and hang out next time you're in Orlando! Xoxo, Kristina

Kristina · Married on 08/02/2015

Kristina & her team did an AMAZING job! From day one, they were there to help plan every detail - from food, to drinks, linen and more! They are so professional and make you feel like family! My husband and I appreciate everything they did to make our big day even more special!

Tara · Married on 05/09/2015

I cannot rave about Big City Catering enough! We are so pleased that we hired them for our caterer. From the beginning, Kristina took excellent care of us and went above and beyond. She was so quick with her responses and even had great recommendations for other vendors and answers to wedding questions that I was unsure about since we did the majority of the planning ourselves. We enjoyed the grand tastings and everyone that worked at Big City was so nice and accommodating throughout our whole planning process. Our wedding was fantastic and the food was delicious. Our guests are still raving about the food that Big City served as well as the service from everyone from the waiters to the bartenders to the chefs. We are so happy with our decision to go with them and we will definitely be using Big City again for any catering needs we have in the future.

Sent on 05/31/2015

Big City Catering's reply:

It was MORE than a delight working with you + Justin! We'd love to be a part of your next special occasion =)

Ally · Married on 03/29/2015

Although they were a selected only vendor from my venue. I am glad to have had the opportunity to have them cantering my wedding. They offered us a private to meet our needs. The food was exceptional and all my guests complemented us for the choice.

Megan · Married on 03/21/2015

AMAZING! The team at Big City is just wonderful and the food is incredible. My husband and I had several special dietary requests and they did not shy away or even hesitate to create a menu that was truly unique, exactly to our tastes and delicious! We did a station style menu which allowed our guests to pick and choose from a variety of offerings and everyone loved the variety and presentation. When working with Kristina and the Big City team, we felt truly valued, cared for and respected.

Krishnanjali · Married on 03/06/2015

I couldn't of chosen a better caterer for my march wedding. they truly went above and beyond with the quality of the food and service. The food was so flavorful when we did the tasting and they delivered the same quality on the day of. Kristina really made me feel comfortable with the process and please do not skimp out on your wedding food, catering is prime and big city made my wedding awesome!! would do it over again and choose them for any other event I have in the future!