185 Reviews for Big City Catering

No Pork (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
183 Big City Catering Reviews

I had my wedding last weekend and Big City Catering went above and beyond! Aubrey was the best!! She made everything easy and handled any special requests with true professionalism and joy. My venue was my grandfathers ranch in Clermont FL, so it was not the easiest venue for them to work out of. However, the catering staff went above and beyond their duties to make sure the event went off with out any problems! I have had so many people tell me that the food was the best wedding food they have ever had! Also, the staff was super attentive to the groom and me on the day of. They made sure we had apps on our table when we sat. They also brought some drinks and apps to us while we were taking pictures during cocktail hr. I would recommend them to any bride!

Profile Picture Kacie, 1/13/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

From the initial consultation to the big day, Big City Catering was professional, prompt, and flexible! The food was out of this world delicious and the service they provide is beyond exceptional!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 11/18/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Tables

We cannot say enough about Aubrey Tolley with Big City Catering in Orlando. Aubrey was professional, flexible, and consistently made herself available to discuss any new ideas or changes. The table settings were gorgeous, the food quality very good, and the service while setting-up, waiting on our guests, and cleaning-up was top-notch. Thank you all for your part in making Jessica's and Nathan's Wedding day (07.01.17) so special. Kevin and Lisa Rees

Profile Picture Lisa, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Italian

All I can say is "yummy!" We were assigned to Big City Catering when we booked our wedding with Cypress Grove Estate House. Through Cypress Grove, they provided you with multiple menu options from Big City catering, which made it easy to pick and choose what you want! However, we also customized some parts of our menu, and they were extremely accommodating. My husband and I had to work the day of the food tasting, but my parents attended and were very impressed by their food! We locked in our menu, and sampled their food for the first time on our wedding day, and we were so happy. Everything was delicious, and I was especially fond of the appetizers (we chose the spinach and artichoke bites, the Beef and Bleu skewers (FAVORITE), and shrimp cocktail). We also wanted something fun, so we purchased their Bacon Bar, which came highly recommended. Our guests all raved about the food, especially the bacon bar. Big thank you to Big City Catering for providing us with amazing food and excellent staff for our wedding. Highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Emily, 5/6/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor

I have nothing but great things to say about Big City Catering!! We worked with Aubrey throughout the planning process and she is absolutely amazing! From our initial consultation, to the tasting, to the final planning and through the entire wedding day the entire staff was so great to work with! They truly treated us like family. One of the amazing things that Big City Catering does is grand tasting events, where they put on a mock event where you are able to try a handful of their food offerings. They also offer private tastings if you are unable to attend one of the events. At the grand tastings, they invite other vendors so that you can shop around. As we got closer to the wedding, Aubrey helped us with our room layout and timeline which was a huge bonus. She was so responsive and personable, always helping us with the hundreds of questions that we had along the way. Most importantly, the food. Hands down, the best food that I have ever had at a wedding. We received so many compliments from our friends and family, and since we had a buffet set-up, many of our Guests went back for seconds. You will not be disappointed working with Big City Catering!

Profile Picture Geoffrey, 3/12/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Southern

First off, their food is absolutely delicious! Most of our guests went for seconds at the buffet. The staff was so on par and took care of me and my now husband, so we didn't have to get up once for food or drinks. Aubrey was our contact with Big City, and she did a phenomenal job communicating with us, and making sure we were getting what we wanted. Highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Kelly, 2/25/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Southern, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Premium Liquor, Nut Free, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings

Big City did an amazing job catering our wedding. Our guest are still raving about how excellent the food was.

Profile Picture Dominique, 2/18/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), House Liquor, Open Bar, American

No one owns a crystal ball and unfortunately, my daughter had to cancel her wedding 26 days before the ceremony. They were totally understanding and helped in every way they could. This vendor is very professional and we would certainly use them in the future. The food at the tasting was outstanding!!!!

Profile Picture User7882471, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Food is phenomenal! We knew we had found the one at our tasting which was amazing, especially the mac and cheese! We had prime rid caving station and it was to die for, our guests raved about how great all the food was! Also, the service we excellent. They really make sure the bride and groom are taken care of the whole night. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Jordan, 12/31/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American

Big CIty Catering did a fantastic job at our wedding. Everything was delicious! I had multiple guest raving about it afterward. I definitely recommend using them!

Profile Picture Jerilyn, 10/22/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

The food was absolutely amazing. We were able to have a grand tasting at Cypress Grove before it was time for our final decision on the menu which was a nice help. Guests definitely loved all the food, highly recommended.

Profile Picture Tianyu, 10/8/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Great flexibility with menus. Even if there is a menu provided by them they will work with you to make it your menu with a private tasting. Great food

Profile Picture Amber, 7/23/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

AMAZING!! Big City catered my wedding on 4/22/16 and did an incredible job! I worked with Kristina from the very beginning and she is seriously one of the sweetest people! She helped me choose my menu and dealt with my indecisiveness and constant questions. She responded to all my emails so quickly and helped in absolutely every way she possibly could - SUCH a sweetheart! The food at the wedding was delicious (especially the Captain Morgan Beef!) and the service was perfect! I would recommend Big City to absolutely everyone! THANK YOU Kristina and the rest of the Big City team!!

Profile Picture Jen, 4/22/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering

We had considered and interviewed with the most popular local catering services and everyone of them had the same pitch, food and price. We found Big City at a wedding show. Kristina and the staff at Big City were impressive so we decided to do a tasting and get their price quote. Kristina's demeanor was refreshing, they had some unique dishes and presentation choices and the pricing was competitive. Big City was willing to schedule our tasting to accommodate the bride and groom who lived out of state. Their selections are extensive and delicious so it was a difficult decision to select a menu... we changed it a few times...and the staff was more than cooperative. We were thrilled with the presentation, quality, quanity and taste of the menu we had chosen. Kristina was there to make certain everything went smoothly, which it did. The guests raved about the food, from appetizers to main dish it was all perfect. This is a top notch organization, even the owner introduced himself to us at the wedding to see if we needed anything. We could honestly say that it was perfect and we couldn't ask for more. Thank you Kristina and the Big City chef and catering staff for a job well done and for the cookbook, it was a lovely touch.

Profile Picture Karen, 1/30/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

One of the best decisions we made for our vendors. Making changes was a breeze, and the service the day of was superb!

Profile Picture Christine , 1/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Tastings, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Wine, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American

Big City Catering did a great job and I can’t thank them enough for all their hard work! When we first started planning our wedding we had met with another caterer and had our hearts set on using them but when we chose Cypress Grove as our venue plans changed as they are the only caterers permitted at our venue. We were provided the standard menus to pick from the standard options of each category so I was a little underwhelmed at first. The first thing that really won me over with Big City Catering was when I contacted them directly to discuss menu options. I received a response from Tom Pokorny, the owner of the company. He was really flexible and set up a meeting with me for when I was in town (it was a destination wedding for us from Canada). I couldn’t have been happier we did that, we talked about all the different items that they had prepared in the past, what they are capable of doing and he even shared with us some of his favourites. In the end we walked away with the perfect menu that captured the tastes of both my fiancé and I.

On the day of the wedding, the food tasted amazing! People are still talking about the hors d'oeuvres, we went with Bleu & Beef Skewers at Tom’s recommendation and Mac and Cheese bites for myself. The wait staff was quick and friendly. I always hear of weddings where the bridal party gets no food because everything is all gone by the time the pictures are finished. This was definitely not the case with Big City Catering. The wait staff kept coming to the bridal party with full trays of hor d’oeuvres during pictures. Dinner was certainly the cherry on top, everything just kept getting better. I had requested mushroom ravioli with a cream sauce as one of the pasta dishes and it was by far the greatest thing that I have ever tasted! Our guests can’t stop raving about how good the food was. We could not be any happier with Big City Catering and I would definitely recommend them as #1 for food and service!

Profile Picture Ashley, 11/13/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Bartender(s), Open Bar, American, Italian, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegetarian

Kristina and the entire Big City team were the BEST! Food tastings were my fiancé and I's favorite part of wedding planning, and so we went to a lot of them, LOL! Our first tasting had everything we requested, even things not on the menu that they were trying out just for us! We really felt special and wined and dined if you will. We were very particular on some of the flavors we wanted and how we wanted the beef cooked and seasoned, ect. And they did perfect! The team was so professional to work with the entire time, from that moment through the big day! On our busy wedding day, they made sure that my groom and I got all the food to try no matter where we were and had food ready for us wherever we were going! So, from the service, to menu to the DELICIOUS taste of the food, everything was exceptionally PERFECT!! I want more! LOL. Thank you so much Big City, I'm soooo glad we went with you guys!

Profile Picture Hallie, 10/10/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, British, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings

Before we booked with Big City Catering, we had 2 previous tastings and were unimpressed with both vendors with regards to their food and value. We knew immediately when we met with Kristina that we were going to book with them - and we did (even before trying the food). We had heard great reviews and after looking at the value, it was a no brainer. Other caterers nickel and dime their prices (including charging for glassware). What we loved about Big City Catering, was that everything was included in the package. They even let us purchase our own alcohol which was a huge cost savings! The day-of staff was amazing and we had many compliments regarding the efficiency of the bartenders! Tracy was the event manager and her and her team constantly checked in with my husband and I to make sure that we didn't need anything (including drinks!)! We had so many compliments about the food! Several of our guests said that this was the best food that they ever had at a wedding and we couldn't agree more. The food was AMAZING and everything we hoped for! The hardest part of the process was narrowing down our menu because they offer SO MANY CHOICES! We also used them to rent our chairs as they had better pricing than our venue. We were so pleased from start to finish and we cannot say enough about Kristina and her team! She was a pleasure to work with and we would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Pamela, 9/12/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings, American, Italian, Gluten Free, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Chairs

To put it simply, the service was amazing. Everything was wonderful. My wife and I did a destination wedding and found out about Big City Catering and were not disappointed. From day one they were courteous, great with communication and the food was great. Kristina was our contact person and she was on point. We had Chef Thomas and we had no negative comments regarding the food from our guests. From the vegetarian meals, to the salmon, to the jack daniels chicken, everything tasted great. I don't think there was a plate that wasn't completely cleaned off. The tasting sessions went very well and the only issue we had was deciding on which food to have because everything we ate was so great. We would definitely recommend Big City Catering to anyone who wants to have great food, service, and just an overall great experience with their caterer.

Profile Picture Marlon, 9/12/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, American, Mediterranean, No Pork, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol

Kristina & her team did an AMAZING job! From day one, they were there to help plan every detail - from food, to drinks, linen and more! They are so professional and make you feel like family! My husband and I appreciate everything they did to make our big day even more special!

Profile Picture Kristina, 8/2/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

I cannot rave about Big City Catering enough! We are so pleased that we hired them for our caterer. From the beginning, Kristina took excellent care of us and went above and beyond. She was so quick with her responses and even had great recommendations for other vendors and answers to wedding questions that I was unsure about since we did the majority of the planning ourselves. We enjoyed the grand tastings and everyone that worked at Big City was so nice and accommodating throughout our whole planning process. Our wedding was fantastic and the food was delicious. Our guests are still raving about the food that Big City served as well as the service from everyone from the waiters to the bartenders to the chefs. We are so happy with our decision to go with them and we will definitely be using Big City again for any catering needs we have in the future.

Profile Picture Tara, 5/9/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Although they were a selected only vendor from my venue. I am glad to have had the opportunity to have them cantering my wedding. They offered us a private to meet our needs. The food was exceptional and all my guests complemented us for the choice.

Profile Picture Ally, 3/29/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

AMAZING! The team at Big City is just wonderful and the food is incredible. My husband and I had several special dietary requests and they did not shy away or even hesitate to create a menu that was truly unique, exactly to our tastes and delicious! We did a station style menu which allowed our guests to pick and choose from a variety of offerings and everyone loved the variety and presentation. When working with Kristina and the Big City team, we felt truly valued, cared for and respected.

Profile Picture Megan, 3/21/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

I couldn't of chosen a better caterer for my march wedding. they truly went above and beyond with the quality of the food and service. The food was so flavorful when we did the tasting and they delivered the same quality on the day of. Kristina really made me feel comfortable with the process and please do not skimp out on your wedding food, catering is prime and big city made my wedding awesome!! would do it over again and choose them for any other event I have in the future!

Profile Picture Krishnanjali, 3/6/15, 5 Reviews