Big Bear Cafe Reviews

2 | Washington, DC

2 Reviews for Big Bear Cafe

Leeor · Married on 07/07/2017

I can't say enough wonderful things about Big Bear and the staff. Thank you so much to Eliza for making our wedding planning experience so enjoyable. She was efficient and communicated everything we wanted perfectly. The night of our wedding I could not believe that everything was even better than we could have imagined. We were so blown away. The staff working that night was so cool and friendly. Big Bear is a magical place, it's stunning, it's easy and simple to work with them, and their food is AMAZING! Everyone raved about it. We had a 75 person wedding and rented the whole space, it was the perfect amount of room. I wish we can do it all over again, we wouldn't have changed a thing. Thank you so much we'll be forever grateful!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Clare · Married on 08/15/2015

Big Bear Cafe is a beloved coffee shop and restaurant in the charming DC neighborhood of Bloomingdale. They've been hosting more private events lately, so it's possible to rent out the restaurant and get your venue and catering from one vender, very convenient. We were lucky to have our wedding here in August and it was the perfect spot. We had a quick, casual ceremony under the lush grapevines on the patio, then our 50ish person party sat down for a delicious meal prepared by the talented kitchen team. Leading up the event, I worked with Big Bear's owner and an event planner on staff to develop our contract and plan the event (an added service we really appreciated). The Big Bear team delivered amazing value--the planning help, gorgeous venue, amazing service and food--for a shockingly reasonable price. We loved working with them and are so grateful they made our wedding and reception so amazing!

Sent on 11/05/2015