Big Apple Entertainment Reviews

64 | Rye, NY

64 Reviews for Big Apple Entertainment

Hope Fusco · Married on 10/19/2019

Big apple is the best

We were so happy with big apple. From start to finish. They made our wedding truly spectacular. We were so happy and our guests absolutely loved all the music. Big apple is very responsive and really got what we wanted. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a dj and would use them again in the future.

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Christopher

Christopher Desangles · Married on 09/08/2019

Big Apple Brings the Party!

Big Apple Entertainment was absolutely amazing during our Wedding Process. From the Start Jon Luc and Harold, helped us figure out exactly what our entertainment needs would be. From helping to choose music to lighting and photo-booths, they were very knowledgeable and personable through each choice.

DJ Jon-Luc and MC Jason rocked our wedding and the party. Our Families could not stop dancing. MC Jason was wonderful as he was able to keep the party going and able to communicate with our guests in Spanish as we had Bilingual needs. The Photo-booth was a hit! Big Apple was extremely professional every step of the way. I would highly recommend Big Apple for any event you may have. Get ready to have a great time!

Sent on 09/28/2019
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Trosa · Married on 07/13/2019

We had an excellent experience with Big Apple Entertainment!

We had a great experience with Big Apple Entertainment! MC Teddy and DJ Jon- Luc were amazing! Jon- Luc had honored all our requests and filled in all the blanks where it was needed. I heard so many compliments about the music selection after the wedding. MC Teddy is great at what he does! He maintained an energetic atmosphere and he got our guest out on the dancefloor! He also organized a Tarentella dance that everyone loved! I highly recommend Big Apple to anyone who is looking for a DJ/ MC for an event.

Sent on 07/30/2019

Jessica Wood · Married on 05/25/2019

Party of a lifetime!

Jamie and everyone at Big Apple really made our day complete. Numerous people mentioned to us after the fact that it was the best party they had ever been to - which would not be the case without awesome music and dancing! Thank you, Big Apple!

Sent on 10/01/2019

Hoang Nguyen · Married on 04/26/2019

Can't be any happier!

I was planning my wedding and our venue recommended Big Apple Entertainment. Upon our first meeting, Harold made us feel at ease by his understanding and knowledge of different music genre. During the planning process, he helped us narrow down our style and music choices. Harold and the team are always there whenever we have any questions. On the day off, MC Kayo and DJ Jon were phenomenal. They knew how to work the crowd without going over the top. I had the best time of my life. Our friends are still talking about how fun our wedding was, and it sure couldn't happen without Big Apple Entertainment.

Sent on 09/24/2019

Laura · Married on 03/03/2017

My fiancé and I planned our wedding in one month bc we are expecting our first child in July. We called a few d.j.'s that we knew had done Albanian weddings before but struggled to actually get anyone on the phone. We finally called Big Apple Entertainment because they had done a wedding for a friend and we remembered the music was great. I was apprehensive about the whole wedding and process. Jamie took care of us when we went to the meetings. They were so professional, easy to get in touch with, and give our input about playlists. My fiancé loves music and had a vision of what the wedding should be. Big Apple nailed it! On our second meeting we met Vinnie and he guaranteed me I would have fun even though I almost cried in the office; I was dreading dancing in front of everyone so bad. He delivered. They took such great care of us. Everyone loved the music. They did an excellent job with the traditional Albanian/American mix we needed. The manager of the venue said it was the best mixed cultural wedding he'd ever seen. We had a blast and so did our guests. The music was amazing!

Sent on 03/14/2017

Jamie · Married on 06/11/2016

These guys are the very best! They DJed my wedding at the Frelinghuysen Arboretum in Morristown, NJ on June 11th. It was outstanding. They got everyone on the dance floor (well, those that weren't out in the grass playing lawn games). I asked for a 90s-00s hip-hop flow - no Taylor Swift or Justin Bieber or anything like that - and WOW did they deliver! The music was excellent and they really set the tone and make the atmosphere so much fun.

Sent on 06/30/2016

Big Apple Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Jamie! It was our pleasure.
    Your entertainment team of Vinny & Nick.
    Big Apple Entertainment

Liz · Married on 12/05/2015

My fiancé and I met Paul at a bridal expo event that was taking place at our venue. He was a preferred vendor for the venue as well and was highly recommended. He gave a brief demonstration and my fiancé and I were both thrilled. We have different taste in music – he likes rock and I like country, but we both wanted to dance. I had wanted to surprise my fiancé by walking down the aisle to a Metallica song. Paul worked with me to find the perfect version and it was great! Paul was able to incorporate both of our music styles during the cocktail hour and reception and people were dancing the whole time! We had also opted to not take part in some traditional wedding elements, like the bouquet and garter toss. Instead Paul suggested a “longest couple dance” which was a huge hit. Everyone had a great time and we couldn’t have been happier.

Sent on 01/07/2016

megan · Married on 10/17/2015

Big apple entertainment was fantastic!!!! We used them for our wedding Oct 17 2015. We had many recomendations for them and they proved to be incredible! Vinny was a gentelman and really made sure everything was excatly the way we wanted it. We met with Paul who was so freindly and welcoming and helpful he gave us his best professional advice and really made us feel at ease with our choice. I would reccomend big apple to anyone the were so so great they made our special day un forgetable music is such a big part of a wedding and they rocked it out we loved our wedding day thankyou big apple!! -Megan & Matt Purdy

Sent on 11/01/2015

Brittany · Married on 10/03/2015

My husband and I first heard Big Apple at my cousins wedding and they did a wonderful job there and since that day we said we had to use them for ours. They were the perfect choice for our wedding. Paul was our MC and was so energetic and got the crowd moving. I would recommend Big Apple for any event. They made our night worth while. THANK YOU BIG APPLE!!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Carla · Married on 09/06/2015

Paul and the guys were amazing. People are still talking about how good they were. My guest never stopped dancing all night. Paul knows what he is doing. I'm sure they already lined up more weddings from the guest at my wedding. From the first meeting he helped with song selection and gave great direction on how the night should flow. He has been in the business for 30 years and really knows how to entertain a party. I am so thankful for Paul. My feet still hurt from all the dancing. They played music for the whole crowd and everyone is still talking about the "Shout" set. Would definitely recommend them to other brides if you want your guest to have fun!!

Sent on 09/10/2015

Jessica · Married on 08/22/2015

The guys at Big Apple Entertainment are fantastic. We spoke to a couple of DJ's before booking them, and noticed that many DJ's are super flaky and not responsive. Paul always responded immediately, listened to all my requests, and gave me his professional opinion on the timeline, song selections and logistics. The night of the wedding was perfect and everything I had wished for. I told Paul I wanted the wedding to be like a night club and they nailed it. They read the crowd and switched things up to keep the guests dancing. My friends and I danced the night away, and we received many compliments. I will definitely use Big Apple Entertainment again. Thank you for making my wedding a dream come true!

Sent on 09/07/2015

Alexandra · Married on 08/15/2015

We first heard of Big Apple Entertainment at a bridal show nearly two years before our wedding. At the show, an MC and DJ performed a sample wedding, and we followed up with the company shortly after. When we first met with Paul, we immediately recognized his passion and energy for his job and his business. We hired Big Apple because we were confident that Paul would ensure a great party for us. In subsequent meetings, Paul only enhanced our confidence in his product. His attention to detail and high standard of performance removed provided great comfort.

On our wedding day, we were excited to meet MC Phil and DJ Angelo. Phil met with us just prior to the introductions to ensure that he was following what we had previously requested. He did a great job getting the party started. Phil and Angelo have a great talent for reading the crowd and chose great music to keep the party going all night. Prior to the wedding, we decided to add an extra hour, and we feel that every penny was well worth it.

We also appreciated that Phil checked in with us throughout the night to ensure we were enjoying everything - and we definitely were. We can't imagine having hired anyone else, and we would recommend Big Apple Entertainment to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 09/03/2015

Linda · Married on 08/08/2015

Big apple ent was AMAZING!! All the meetings with them before the wedding were personable, easy and organized. Paul was excellent in setting up everything we needed. On the day of our wedding, the DJ's were perfect. They really listened to the crowd and played the best songs to keep the dance floor full & fun!! At the end of the day, my friends thought I had given the DJ all those songs on my "must play" list but I didn't... they just read the crowd so well!! I'm so happy with their services.. I 100% recommend them to anyone. They really helped make my wedding day special.

Sent on 08/26/2015

The best money we spent! Loved Paul, loved the music, loved everything! Use them, we highly recommend!!

Sent on 07/21/2015

Linda · Married on 05/17/2015

I can't begin to describe how happy we were with Big Apple Entertainment/Visual Impressions. We met Paul almost two years before our wedding, and felt like we were meeting with family. He was personable, professional and so friendly. We got married 5/17/15 and he went above and beyond throughout the whole process, and worked flawlessly with our venue, The Fountainhead. Paul took so much time to go through everything with us in great detail. He helped us come up with the perfect music for the ceremony and everyone loved our unique choices. The energy in the room was amazing and everyone danced the night away. Everyone commented on the fantastic time they had at our wedding. We worked with Frank & George from Visual Impressions and our pictures/video are stunning. Frank and George, like Paul were so personable and professional. They kept our day running so smoothly getting everything we wanted and they needed without keeping us from our party or guests. One stop shopping at Big Apple Entertainment/Visual Impressions you will not be disappointed!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 06/11/2015

Tina · Married on 11/26/2014

At Nig Apple Entertaiment we saw Paul. He is so great ! We would highly recommend using them if you need a Dj for all of your special events!! We would highly reccomend Big Apple entertainment to everyone!! ♥️♥️♥️

Sent on 11/23/2014

We couldn't be more happy with the service we received from Big Apple. Paul was very understanding and helpful. We discussed playing certain genres and Paul hit it right. He knew how to get the crowd going and what worked best. He was easy to work with so he knew what we liked and didn't like and he gave us his opinions based on that. Our wedding music was a hit! Wish it didn't end!

Sent on 02/17/2015

daniela · Married on 10/12/2014

Big Apple is by far the best in the industry when it comes to dj's! from the minute I met Paul, he was personable, professional, super friendly, and really talked to my parents and I for a while and made us feel so comfortable. Needless to say, we thought he was great and hired him for the big day! its so important to have great music at a wedding and I was really nervous as a bride that everything would turn out perfect (i'm a bit of a control freak and my dad had a huge playlist of what he wanted at my wedding too. Between the 2 of us I joked with Paul saying we were gonna drive him crazy! lol) but honestly I knew Paul and his staff would deliver and they actually went above and beyond what I could possibly even imagine! he had my guests dancing and partying to the point where we didn't want the night to end! he would come over to us to make sure all was ok and Paul was an awesome MC! every time i looked around people were out on the dance floor dancing and having a great time! i've already gotten asked who my amazing dj company was and I hope they use Big Apple for their special day as well! Thank you again Paul for going above and beyond for us and for being more than we could have ever hoped for! I enjoyed myself so much and so did Eddie. He raved about you guys!! I know my dad too had the time of his life when he heard the songs that he had requested and they were played! I can't wait to use you guys again in the future! If your a bride or a groom and you want perfect music on your wedding day (as you should!) then look no further than Big Apple! i can guarantee you will not be dissapointed! thanks again!

Sent on 10/15/2014

marco · Married on 09/19/2014

My wife and myself booked Big Apple after hearing great things about them from a family friend. We ended up using all their services. Specifically their dj, photography, and video services. I could not express how professional, fun, outgoing, and meticulous he and his staff were from the beginning of the planning process to the day/night of the wedding. Paul and his staff customized everything to our liking. For example we are both huge Disney fans and we were both able to get a little bit of our favorite disney elements in with her instrumental beauty and the beast song for her walking into the chapel, and my muppet song on the processional out of the chapel. We both had an expectation of the night in our head already planned out, and they went completely above and beyond our expectations. Do not hesitate to hire them they do an above and beyond job with everything, more importantly they make you feel like family.

Sent on 10/01/2014

John · Married on 08/08/2014

No doubt about it Big Apple Entertainment/Visual Impressions did a fantastic job with our wedding. Paul is a true professional and was patient, attentive and helpful in every single one of our meetings. Planning a wedding is extremely stressful but when it came to the DJ/Photo aspect we had very little to stress about. On the day of the wedding they were on time and on top of their game from the moment they showed up at my wife's parents house. The wedding was quite an event and it wouldn't have been the same without Paul and his crew. They listened to every crazy idea we had and didn't deter us from anything we wanted to do. In fact, they helped enhance everything we wanted to do. In one word they were AWESOME!! Even after the wedding Paul went out of his way to help us out. My wife's father passed away a few months after the wedding and Paul gave us free 8x10 pictures of her dad free of charge to give to her mother and to keep for herself. We will never forget his generosity and kindness.

Sent on 06/11/2015

The first time we met with Paul at Big Apple, my wife and I were not very knowledgeable about the wedding process. We went in there thinking we would be getting a DJ, Video, and Photography package, but what we wound up with was a wedding consultant.
    Paul took hours out of his busy day to walk us through every aspect of the wedding day, from the timing and flow of the day, to the limo, to makeup and hair. We would have never thought of any of those details had Paul not walked us through them. Because of that extra care and attention, our wedding day had no surprises and was a smashing success.
    Service: As soon as we arrived, Paul was there to greet us and keep us on time. We had told him beforehand we wanted to enjoy our cocktail hour, and he made it so we did. When it was time for the bridal party entrance, Paul was there giving us instructions and making sure we were on time. We REALLY appreciated his attention to details.
    Paul and Vinny were our DJ and MC combo. From our first song to the last dance, these two were AMAZING. My wife and I still get chills when we think about how perfectly our first dance went because of Paul. We were alone for the right amount of time, and he had everyone join in at the exact right moment. He made us a memory we will always cherish.
    The music selection was always on point as well. He played all different types of music so everyone would be on the dance floor at all times. Paul’s personality as MC was unmatched. Everyone afterwards told us how great the music was at our wedding. And the dance floor was never empty.
    During the wedding, the consultation did not stop. He would come up to us and tell us when we should go around and greet everyone. He should offer services as a wedding planner in addition to his great DJ service.
    My wife and I have been to weddings afterwards, and after seeing other DJs, it made us appreciate Big Apple Entertainment even more. Thank you Big Apple for everything you did for us!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Abigail · event on: 03/15/2014

I used Big Apple Entertainment for my sons Bar-Mitzvah 2 years ago- and they far exceed everyones expectations. The guests came back two years later for my daughters Bat-Mitzvah because they wanted the same exciting experience! On both occasions they met the individual needs of my children. The first time they combined my son's interest in soccer and dancing by providing Alvin Alley dancers! This time my daughter who is extremely shy declared she would not dance- we met her in the middle - and Big Apple provided music and games. Again, the guests had a wonderful experience! My neighbor and friend will be using Big Apple's service for her son's Bar-Mitzvah. I would definitely use this service again!!

Sent on 03/18/2014

This was a recommendation from our wedding planner. We originally wanted to go with a band. We could not be happier with having Eric DeSoto and DJ React running the show for our guests. I cannot recall a single moment from the entire day where our dance floor was not nearly packed. Eric had people on their feet from beginning to the very end. Meeting with Eric and Paul beforehand, during planning, was always a good experience. They are so friendly and accommodating. They made important decisions about music and entertainment very easy, and alleviated the anxiety that comes with wondering if we were making the right decision when it comes to something as important as music! When it comes to wedding entertainment there is no other choice.

Sent on 10/24/2013

Tina · Married on 05/04/2013

My husband Tom and I used Big Apple Entertainment for our wedding on May 4th, 2013. Paul was our MC and he did an AMAZING job! We had and continue to have so many complements on the music for our wedding. People have been saying they didn't want to get off the dance floor and everyone said they were so sad to see the wedding end. Paul was outstanding, he made us feel at ease as he prepped us for what was going to be happening throughout the night. We are beyond happy and impressed with Big Apple and we HIGHLY recommend them for a wedding or any event!! Absolutely amazing!

Sent on 06/21/2013