BHLDN Weddings Reviews

632 Reviews for BHLDN Weddings

632 BHLDN Weddings Reviews

Lauren · Getting married on 10/04/2019

Melissa at the Chestnut Hill, MA store

I visited the BHLDN in Chestnut Hill, MA and was so lucky to get the wonderful Melissa as my consultant! I had a very clear vision and she was an enthusiastic supporter the whole way through. I adored working with her.

Hope · Getting married on 06/08/2019

I loved my experience at this store! I was helped by Sarah and she was amazing. The space is chaotic but fun, and I really enjoyed trying these dresses on. I found a fantastic dress for $350 and I was so impressed. The dresses are beautiful and they have something for all price points.

Caitlin · Getting married on 06/01/2019

Katie was the absolute best! She is the consultant at BHLDN Westport with whom I was lucky enough to work with when I had my first (and last) excursion wedding dress shopping. I was a little nervous! I had never been wedding dress shopping and I was not sure how things worked... I was afraid of fit, not knowing what I wanted, and the lingo surrounding fittings. Plus I am fairly indecisive at times. Upon first meeting Katie, she was very friendly, yet professional, and made both me and my mom feel immediately comfortable and confident we were in experienced hands. It was clear that she had really read the form I submitted because she had already spent time pulling dresses that fit my interests before I arrived. She showed me the dresses she'd pulled and asked my thoughts before taking me around the store for a quick view of other options. Katie helped me in and out of each dress and was a master at clipping me into the dresses so that I could really tell how they would look when fitted. She had a real talent for clipping various places to get it just right. Every dress I tried on, whether I liked it or not, she pointed out the similarities and differences to the other dresses so that I could articulate to her and myself what I liked and didn't. She was never judgmental or opinionated of my choices. And, she made me feel very comfortable asking questions about things I didn't understand--like "what do you mean by bustling the train?" It was very helpful for her to explain the fitting process and alterations. She explained what things I could do with the dress and what things might be harder to do. She kept me to a top 3 at all times, which really helped with my indecisiveness. Overall, it was a great experience and I would recommend asking for her when you sign up for an appointment!

• Nikaela

Nikaela · Getting married on 12/22/2018

I went this weekend to the store in Portland. Jessea ended up helping me out and she was a doll. I brought along my mom, dad, and sister, and she rolled with the punches as put up with all of us so well. I chose three dresses online to try on and she brought out three others for me to get a really good feel for them. I ended up going with the third one. I was a bit nervous as this was the first shop I went to, but I decided it was better not to give myself too many options. :) All of their dresses are very reasonably priced but still felt amazing in quality. The dress I chose even has POCKETS!!! I had a wonderful experience and know I will feel so magical on my wedding day!

Holly · Married on 10/06/2018

Perfect experience here compared to some "top rated" places in northern virginia. The consultant helped me into a few dresses and found one that was unique and flattering. She also gave advice on the tailoring needed. I felt the price range here was very reasonable for the quality of the dresses. There are so many exceptionally unique styles and options. I just wish that there was more seating while I was there.

Gabbie · Married on 09/30/2018

The store was beautiful and had a huge variety of dresses within my price range. Julia was super attentive and knowledgable and made my mom and I feel very comfortable. I ultimately didn't end up purchasing a dress, but I'd highly recommend this place to anyone looking for their dream dress.

Danielle · Married on 09/29/2018

I had an amazing experience here today at the Chestnut Hill location. I believe my consultant's name was Nicole. The process was amazing... I came prepared and had pictures of all the dresses I wanted to try on. She got all the dresses right away and they were all in stock. I ended up trying on a total of 6 dresses and purchased the first one I tried on. The dress is being shipped to my house within 3-5 business days. They do not do any altering but gave me a list of preferred alteration companies. I do recommend going here if you see something online that you like.

Julia · Married on 09/08/2018

This store is amazing. I only went to one other wedding dress vendor to try dresses, and even so, BHLDN’s service was far and away more comforting and calming. My attendant was not pushy but she also knew what she was talking about. She suggested beautiful accessories that perfected my look. The price is beyond right! The dress was comfortable and durable all night long even as high heels kept getting stuck in my tulle. BHLDN is the place to shop for weddings!

BHLDN Weddings 1
    BHLDN Weddings 2
    BHLDN Weddings 3

Catherine · Married on 09/02/2018

I had a bridal appointment with Shanty and it was wonderful. She brought out all the dresses I had requested via email (they were only missing one/seven, and because it was my least favorite one it wasn't a big deal to me). I tried on the most "wild" dress first and fell in love with it - while I tried the others I ended up saying "yes!" to it! I loved it so much I bought it on the spot even though I was slated to go to Kleinfeld right afterwards (was still a great experience but nothing held a candle to my Carly gown). The showroom at this midtown location is lovely and I enjoyed meeting each girl who worked there. They all got excited when I said yes (pretty loudly lol) so they came over and said hello, which was a really nice touch. Shanty was helpful, made me feel comfortable in the changing room (it was my first time trying on dresses) and it felt like she really was looking out for me. I wasn't sure about one dress and she honestly told me what she thought which was unexpected and refreshing. Not only did I have a great day at BHLDN, but my dress was shipped in three days and in beautiful condition - I expected it to be gross after being in a box but she looked great. Now I just have the anxiety of waiting a year to actually wear it!! I would recommend BHLDN to anyone - not only did I have this amazing experience but my father was thrilled with my $1450 price tag :)

Lauren · Married on 09/02/2018

I had such a great experience at the BHLDN at Chestnut Hill. My stylist was very easy to work with. She helped me stay in budget when pulling dresses, which is very different from a lot of bridal stores. She also was very body positive, by taking my measurements, but not sharing them or my size because bridal sizing is often completely different from street sizing. She was not pushy at all and really made it a pleasant experience. We were the only people in the store, which made the appointment much easier. I ended up ordering over the phone and the dress got to me in about 2 weeks!

BHLDN Weddings 4
    BHLDN Weddings 5

Ally · Married on 08/31/2018

Highly recommend. Customer service is amazing. You are able to return if you need. My dress was incredible I got so many compliments!

BHLDN Weddings 6
    BHLDN Weddings 7
    BHLDN Weddings 8

Amy · Married on 07/29/2018

I live in Virginia, but I purchased my wedding dress from the BHLDN location in Beverly Hills because I wanted to go shopping with my mom and my family is all in California. When I arrived for my appointment, I met Anthony who was my stylist, and he had already pulled a few dresses based on what I said I liked when I scheduled the appointment. He also gave me and my mom and friends time to look around for more dresses as well as making suggestions of his own. Once I started trying on dresses, he was really responsive and could tell which dresses would fit my style. He was also really knowledgeable about sizing and which dresses I might need to size up or down for. I'm short, and he was also able to answer questions about what type of alterations I'd need to get done (for example, how a dress with a scalloped lace edge would be shortened). I'd been to a larger store the day before to try on dresses and it was sort of chaotic and overwhelming, but visiting BHLDN was much more relaxed and the experience felt tailored to make me feel special. When I selected my dress, they gave us all little cans of champagne which we then sipped on while we browsed Anthropologie downstairs (we were there on Thanksgiving weekend and while the BHLDN dresses were not on sale, there was a great sale going on in the regular store!).

We ordered the dress in the store, and it was delivered before I even made it back home to Virginia! When it came time to do my dress fittings, I wanted to get recommendations for alteration locations. Since BHLDN has multiple locations, I emailed the store closest to me and asked them for a list. They responded quickly, and I selected one of their recommended locations. It was so convenient to not have to look through tons of locations, and I was confident that the person altering my dress had the knowledge and experience to alter the style of dress I'd selected.

Leah · Married on 06/30/2018

BHLDN at Rittenhouse was a dream location for my first (and only) wedding dress shopping appointment. My BHLDN stylist, Sarah, was kind, caring, patient, and knowledgeable. Although I came in with a dress in mind, she assisted with pulling other dresses that fit my style. I ended up picking the first dress I tried on, the Aurora Gown. I could not have asked for a more perfect experience. To make matters even more awesome, once I bought my dress from BHLDN, I reached out to their stylist team to help match perfect BHLDN bridesmaid dresses, mother of the bride dresses, shoes, and accessories. Caroline was such a sweetheart and responded promptly to all of my questions and also shared pictures of BHLDN brides that had also picked the Aurora Gown to help me picture color schemes on my big day. She made the complimenting dress and accessory picking experience completely seamless. Top notch customer service. Thank you, BHLDN dream team!

BHLDN Weddings 9
    BHLDN Weddings 10
    BHLDN Weddings 11
  • W

wendy · Married on 06/02/2018

I live in Canada but i am flying home to get married in Scotland in 2018. As my family and closest of friends live so far away, the thought of visiting numerous bridal stores without their input, did not appeal to me. Then i found the BHLDN website. I cannot recommend this site enough. My questions were answered very quickly via email and i loved the fact that each garment had a specific size guide. The best part was the reviews. It was so helpful to see see the dresses worn on actual brides as opposed to just the store models. I initially ordered a dress, jewellery and shoes. The jewellery i kept but returned the dress and shoes opting for another dress/shoes. The items were refunded within days and i received my alternative orders very quickly. My only gripe was the cost incurred for duty, since the items were shipped from the USA to Canada but unfortunately that can't be avoided! Thank you SO VERY much BHLDN ........ You guys ROCK!!!

• Laura

Laura · Married on 05/27/2018

My BHLDN experience was completely online and it completely painless and stress-free! I spoke with an online stylist through email and decided on 5 items I ordered to try on (3 gowns, 1 short dress and 1 overskirt). All items were delivered to my doorstep within 4 days! I was able to try on everything in the comfort of my own home with my mother and sister present. I made my choice and sent back the other 4 items. My refund for these items was processed within a week.

A few days after I chose my gown, I noticed that it had gone on sale. I called and BHLDN gave me a price adjustment with no questions asked! I can't believe that I was able to get my dream dress for such a great bargain.

I was initially hesitant about finding my wedding dress online but I am so glad I choose this route. The customer service was too notch throughout the entire process!

• laura

laura · Married on 04/14/2018

I bought my dress from the New York City showroom last Saturday. There were so many great options ti try on and you cannot beat the prices! The decor and atmosphere are just so nice. And the dress consultants are so friendly and accommodating. Once I said yes to my dress, myself and my guests got little cans of champagne to celebrate! So cute! I would highly recommend BHLDN if you want a fun and easy dress shopping experience. And if you are looking to spend not a lot on your dress.

Hailee · Married on 04/06/2018

I love this website, best of all, for my wedding planning. I purchased my bridal robes, jewelry, wedding shawl, and rehearsal dinner dress from this store, online. I most likely would have purchased my wedding dress from this site, but I wasn’t familiar enough with the site at the time. The website is so clean and easy to use. The items pictured are identical to what I received in the mail. They have an easy, no hassle return policy. I couldn’t speak higher about this gem of a site. Thank you BHLDN, this has been the best online shopping experience I have ever encountered.

Jen · Married on 03/24/2018

I had an amazing experience at this location! I went with a few of my bridesmaids and my mom and upon arriving for the appointment they offered us champagne, making the day much more fun! I had selected 5 dresses to try on when I made the appointment but one of my bridesmaids told me that I HAD to try on one that she found on the rack. Thankfully the employee assisting me ( I feel awful because I forget her name, it was about a year ago) allowed for more time so that I could try it on because it ended up being the one! I liked the dress but I wanted a tulle skirt instead of the chiffon skirt my dress had. That's when the employee told us that they could make that work. She came out with a tulle skirt to put over my dress and it was PERFECT. Everyone started crying because they knew it was the one too. It was such a fun, wonderful day and I got so many compliments on my dress at the wedding last month! Best part was, after ordering my dress, I got it at my door within 7-10 days!

BHLDN Weddings 12
    BHLDN Weddings 13

Carolyn · Married on 03/17/2018

BHLDN was absolutely fantastic! My first experience at another bridal shop was terrible and I dreaded wedding dress shopping...Then I went to BHLDN. The woman who helped me listened to what I was looking for and helped show me the potential of each dress once it was fitted. I fell in love with the Jacinda gown, which I ended up wearing on my wedding day. I also ended up buying my shoes, earrings and faux fur wrap from there as well (one stop shopping!). I decided to also bring my MOH there to see if she could find something she liked. I showed the sales associate my dress and she picked out this dress for her which wasn't even on my radar but looked so beautiful and went well with my dress. Overall, the service was top notch and I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Emily · Married on 12/30/2017

Great sales on bridesmaid dresses. All of the girls love the Fleur dress and say they are so comfortable and flattering. The dresses ship very quickly and are pretty much true to size

• Callie Sue

Callie · Married on 12/30/2017

My search for a wedding dress occurred under a time crunch, as my fiance and I had only 6 weeks to get married before his departure to Navy officer candidate school. Weekend appointments were filled up far in advance, but I happened to check back a few days after originally trying and a spot had opened up. My fantastic stylist, Kendall, met us at the top of the stairs. Not a moment of the appointment felt rushed. She had already pulled a few dresses I had chosen and a couple she wanted to suggest, and she gave me the opportunity to pick out a few more from the showroom (and because of my time constraint, she steered me away from dresses she knew were back-ordered). Then, we were ushered back to our own lovely private sitting area and fitting room and something to drink was provided. Kendall expertly assisted me with each dress, and her clipping in the back was impeccable - it caused the dresses to fit me so much more closely to how they'd look when altered, especially compared to the other two salons I had visited. The last dress/topper combination I tried on was the one I had most wanted to see, because I had been eyeing it for a very long time (probably since before I even met my fiance). Because I needed my dress asap, Kendall had pulled a couple of non-sample dresses that were my size or close to it that I could walk out of the store with that day, and this was one of them. I wore just the dress out to the pedestal in front of my sisters and she helped me into the topper right there, and the second she fastened it in the back, I got the biggest uncontrollable grin on my face. Kendall pulled the perfect veil to go with it, and I left the store with it, my dress, and alterations referrals, knowing my topper would arrive within days.

The entire experience was smooth, stress-free, private, tailored to my situation, and made us feel special. And as a bonus, I found my perfect dress while staying in budget! :)

Eileen · Married on 12/16/2017

Working with BHLDN in choosing my wedding dress, accessories, and bridesmaid dresses was one of my favorite parts of the wedding planning process. All of the dresses are gorgeous, unique, and affordable, and I had the pleasure of working with Mary who made me feel comfortable and beautiful. I initially went to try on dresses by myself just to get an idea of what I liked, but I fell in love with the Cassia Gown as soon as I saw it and was able to schedule an appointment soon after to show my friends and family. It was a perfect “say yes to the dress” moment! Mary was so helpful and made the experience fun and stress-free, and she also gave great recommendations during my accessory consultation when I came back a few weeks later.

For my bridesmaids, I had them choose their own dresses for a mix-and-match look, and the ladies I worked with at BHLDN had fantastic ideas and helped me put together the color scheme and overall vision. Kelly even tracked down the very last dress that was on clearance at a different location to make sure that all of my bridesmaids had every option to look amazing – which they did!

I cannot recommend BHLDN enough and I still frequently visit their website to check out their occasion dresses and accessories. I definitely consider myself a BHLDN bride for life!

Ashley · Married on 11/17/2017

I couldn't have imagined a more perfect wedding dress. BHLDN had the wedding dress of my dreams. I looked up and down, high and low for a wedding dress that fit my personality...and one that made me feel like bride I wanted to be. My style is boho chic - I like a little bit of modern mixed in with a little bit of rustic, and I really didn't want a traditional wedding dress. After going to tons of bridal boutiques, I landed at BHLDN and knew that I wouldn't have to look any further. I love that so much of their bridal line is separates so you can mix and match top with bottom to find something that's uniquely you. I originally wanted something with blush but when I tried on the Brody Top (shown here) with the Tull Skirt in green, I knew this was the one. Sure, some might think it's more of a "Bridesmaid" dress but I wanted color in my dress while still feeling like a bride, and I couldn't have landed on a better option. The best part is I spent well under $1,000 for the entire dress! I felt like a million dollars in this dress. A few months after I picked it out, I went through that all-too-familiar period of doubt, but when I put it back on for a few minor alterations at the seamstress, I fell in love again, and I fall in love with it every time I put it on since then. Looking back now on the wedding 2 months down the road, it's still better than I ever could have imagined. My experience at BHLDN trying on dresses was excellent too. I was looking for something so different and my stylist was able to mix and match until we found the right style for me. I can't recommend them enough!

BHLDN Weddings 14
    BHLDN Weddings 15
    BHLDN Weddings 16
    BHLDN Weddings 17

Rebecca · Married on 11/05/2017

I found my Elisha dress here after two sessions! The assistants are the sweetest and give you their full attention for your appointments!

Thank you!!

Amanda · Married on 11/04/2017

Had such a great time dress shopping at BHLDN in Palo Alto! Made an appointment easily online. When we showed up, they were ready for us right away but still gave us time to shop around. It's not a private room, so you have to be comfortable with other people seeing you in the main showroom once you have your dress on. Our sales associate was super helpful getting me in and out of the dress and really took the time to get to know what I was looking for. She even gave us mini champagne bottles with straws when I said yes to the dress! Great experience. Very affordable dresses. Would recommend to anyone.