BHLDN Weddings Reviews

699 | Philadelphia, PA

699 Reviews for BHLDN Weddings

• Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn O'Hagan · Getting married on 08/15/2020

Fun Five-Star Customer Service!

I said yes to the dress at BHLDN last weekend and I cannot speak highly enough of my experience. The space itself is open, filled with light, and has lots of room for you and your friends/family to spread out and browse the dresses. We were immediately offered water/wine, setting the tone for a fun-filled hour. The two women who assisted me, LE and Laura, were both bubbly and kind, making sure I felt very comfortable as they helped me in and out of gowns in the dressing room. I had come into my appointment worried I wouldn’t feel beautiful in anything I tried on (I wear a street size 12). Instead, I felt great in every dress. LE and Laura were incredibly affirming and did a great job clipping the dresses (when necessary) so I got a good sense of what they would look like when tailored to me. I was in love with the first dress I tried on, which I revisited at the end of the appointment when I had ruled out other options. They brought out the perfect accessories to help me complete the look (a tiara and sparkly belt). Though I was 99% sure on the dress, I had an appointment at a different salon that afternoon and didn’t want to buy without doing my due diligence. They didn’t pressure me to buy at all (and in fact, didn’t do so at any point during my appointment). Instead they told me they wanted me to be 100%. I took pictures as if I’d found the dress and told them I was likely to call back/come back in a few hours to finalize my order—which I did! After a lackluster appointment at a very well-known bridal store just a mile south of BHLDN midtown, I was settled on being a BHLDN Bride. I went back to the store to place my order, and the staff brought out another round of drinks to celebrate. Both LE and Laura took a quick second from their current appointments to congratulate me. It was incredible customer service from start to finish and I am so thankful they made sure I had a wonderful day with my mom, two sisters, and best friend from college (who had flown in from Ohio). For them it’s a job they do everyday, but for the women shopping it’s a (hopefully) once in a lifetime experience and they went above and beyond to make me feel special. Thank you BHLDN—can’t wait to walk down the aisle in my dress this August!

Sent on 01/20/2020

BHLDN Weddings's reply:

Hi Kaitlyn!

We are so pleased you had such a wonderful experience at our Midtown location! Thank you for sharing the details from your appointment with us - we are absolutely thrilled to have you as a BHLDN Bride. Don't forget to send us your wedding photos at community@bhldn.com. We would love to see them all in August!

xo, BHLDN

Kristen Griffin · Getting married on 08/08/2020

Fantastic experience and customer service!

I ended up going to a BHLDN pop up shop as the closest store was over 4 hours away from me. It was such an amazing experience! The space was full of natural light which I found to be extremely helpful in seeing the true color of the dress. In appointments other places I found that being in unnatural light made it hard to see what the dress would look like in my outdoor wedding. The stylist were extremely knowledgeable, kind, and helpful in narrowing down what styles I liked. The beginning of the appointment started out with the stylist showing me the dresses I put down as an interest on my appointment form. This was extremely helpful as I found that some of the things I liked online were so different in person! I appreciated coming in and having freedom to truly look at all the dresses instead of just being put immediately into the ones I had listen online. My stylist did a great job at picking up on what styles I felt comfortable and beautiful in and which ones I didn't (even if I didn't verbally say it). She would also ask me my opinion alone in the dressing room before seeing my family to get a true and untainted reaction. Even though the pop up shop appointments are only around 45 minutes, I was able to try on 6 dresses and my two favorites on a second time. They were efficient without making me feel rushed. I needed a few days to decide on my dress and I felt no pressure at the end of my appointment to make a decision that day. I ended up getting the BHLDN "Beloved" dress as it was simplistic but had the classical details on the back that I loved. It ended up arriving at my house 4 days after ordering which was incredible. I'm excited to wear my dress and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for their dream dress!

Sent on 03/15/2020

Carmen Perez-Leahy · Getting married on 06/26/2020

Great first dress shopping experience

I had a wonderful experience shopping at BHLDN! It was my first time trying on dresses. Natalie was my consultant and she made me feel completely comfortable and was lovely to chat with as I got in/out of the dresses. I didn’t feel pressured to buy that day and she was very knowledgeable about everything I tried on. While I didn’t end up finding my gown that day, I would definitely recommend BHLDN to a friend starting to look for her dress!

Sent on 03/17/2019

Jennifer Allenby · Married on 04/04/2020

Visit to the NYC Salon was wonderful

I scheduled an appointment at the NYC salon for a saturday and was so impressed with the time and attention they were able to give me. My stylist understood my concerns about the different dresses and was able to match me with my dream dress! The dress arrived at my parent's house within 5 days of purchasing, it was so quick!

Sent on 10/04/2019
  • Carla

Carla · Married on 02/21/2020

Gorgeous gowns and memorable experiences

I went to BHLDN to find my wedding reception dress and they did not disappoint. The selection of gowns were swoon worthy and the consultants I worked with were so helpful and knowledgeable about each piece. My bridesmaids purchased all of their gowns at bhldn as well and we really enjoyed the personalized experience they provided.

Sent on 05/25/2020

Rakia Achab · Married on 01/07/2020

Wedding Dress

I came in for my wedding dress last minute and had the best experience! I went to the Chestnut Hill location in MA and worked with Kathy. She was kind, flexible, helpful and a wonderful person. I didn't feel pressure to purchase anything unlike other places I went to and she made it super painless and will get my dress in less than a week. I highly recommend to any bride on a budget or one that needs a last minute dress because they are so accommodating and the price is right! :)

Sent on 04/22/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly weber · Married on 12/28/2019

Beautiful dresses priced right

My daughter's dress is absolutely beautiful and just what she wanted. Taylor in Portland suggested she try on the Octavia dress and it was perfect. I love that it came quickly and was returnable or exchangeable, just in case. Amazing quality and gorgeous dress and accessories.

Sent on 02/04/2020
  • Sami

Sami Clark · Married on 12/15/2019

Amara in Devon made me feel like a real bride

BHLDN is so wonderful and I'm so happy I got my dress from here.
    I went to the store in Devon, PA and worked with Amara. She was the sweetest and most wonderful person.
    I had previously bought a dress online that was okay and super cheap in terms of price, but I wasn't in love with it. After having a mini-meltdown with less than three months to go, I booked an appointment at BHLDN and oh my gosh am I so happy I did.
    They had most of the dresses I had seen online that I was interested in trying on and others I hadn't. Amara was so kind and listened to all of my concerns and what I wanted in a dress. She pulled the ones I wanted and some that I hadn't thought of and weren't sure would work for me. I had always envisioned myself as a plain column kind of gal, but lo and behold she pulled a classic, timeless ballgown and it was PERFECT. As soon as I put it on I felt like a princess and finally felt like a bride. I had mentioned that I wanted to wear a black denim jacket with my dress and she grabbed one from Anthro downstairs to try with the dress.
    The dress shipped to me in a day and some basic alterations fit me exactly as it had in the store. I really cannot say enough wonderful things about Amara and BHLDN, truly a dream to work with.

Sent on 01/14/2020
  • Rachael

Rachael · Married on 12/10/2019

Bought my wedding dress

Can’t wait to wear my dress! It still needs alterations, but after trying dresses I’m at 6 other stores, I finally found it. I also got it on sale!

Sent on 05/02/2019
  • Amy

Amy McDowell · Married on 12/01/2019

Selection, service & style!

I had a great experience with BHLDN. Loved their big selection of gowns & styles, service was personal, attentive and professional. Gown shipped quickly & arrived in perfect condition. Found THE dress that made my wedding perfect!

Sent on 12/04/2019

Sarah · Married on 11/23/2019

Wedding dress

My experience at BHLDN was excellent! The consultants are friendly and do not try to convince you to buy a dress the first time you try on. The dresses are so gorgeous- I had a difficult time deciding on one! I eventually purchased the Lure of Lace gown and am 100% happy with my purchase. The prices at BHLDN are reasonable as they do not make custom gowns...which also means that your dress arrives within a few days of ordering. I also am happy that my dress will be easy to alter- there is lace around the bottom of the train which does not go all the way around to the front (which is tulle). Thanks BHLDN!!!

Sent on 01/04/2019
  • Reese

Reese · Married on 11/11/2019

Love their styling

We got the bridal party dress from here. I also bought decorations for the wedding. I looked for my dress from here as well but ended up finding one I loved with the designer directly. Shipping was fast, great return policy for trying things on. Her dress and accessories looked great.

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 11/10/2019

Ordered online

I hated wedding dress shopping. Just absolutely hated it. So I went online and found my dress through BHLDN - I could have driven the two hours to my nearest store to try it on, but I decided to just go for it. I ended up having to exchange it twice because of weight loss and both times went totally smoothly.

Sent on 11/23/2019
  • Chanis

Chanis Bowse · Married on 10/27/2019

Easy Experience

This is for the location in Chestnut Hill in Boston, MA. Paris helped me the day of my appointment. She picked out about six dresses for me to try and even had suggestions too. I ended up trying on my favorite one twice and knew it was the one. The salon is small, but beautiful and I was able to bring my mom, MIL and MOH with me. The dress is gorgeous and I felt amazing on my wedding day.

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley Nahin · Married on 10/27/2019

Love my wedding separates outfit!

I went into BHLDN because of some separates I saw online. In my appointment we tried on a bunch of dresses but once I tried on what sent me to the store in the first place, I knew it was the one! The experience was great and I got so many compliments on the dress! I got the Norah top and Marissa skirt 💕

Sent on 12/06/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/20/2019

Love the dresses !

Got my dress from BHLDN and it’s gorgeous!! I love that they don’t have any dresses over $2000 so you don’t have to worry about trying on a dress that’s too expensive and they are all beautiful and flowy !! I went to so many other places and kept coming back to that dress and I love it. It shipped so quickly ! I got the wrong size and returned it and they sent another in a month which is fast for a wedding dress !

Sent on 04/04/2019
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 10/17/2019

Loved my dress!!

I chose seperates for my dress. The Norah topper with the Marissa skirt and I was so beyond happy with how it came together. I felt like a bride and I was comfortable all day. I felt classy and beautiful but at the same time it was a fun dress.

Sent on 10/19/2019
  • Quinn

Quinn Olson · Married on 10/12/2019

Beautiful Bridesmaid Dresses!

We used BHLDN for our bridesmaid dresses. I loved that they had such a wide variety of dresses in the blush/burnt pink color that I was looking for and the dresses looked really beautiful together. The try on experience was better than any other bridesmaid store I've been to! They brought out mini champagne and we had the whole dressing area to ourselves. My girls all had the ability to order their dresses online AND they allow returns, so they could buy multiple sizes. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/29/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/04/2019

Melissa at the Chestnut Hill, MA store

I visited the BHLDN in Chestnut Hill, MA and was so lucky to get the wonderful Melissa as my consultant! I had a very clear vision and she was an enthusiastic supporter the whole way through. I adored working with her.

Sent on 10/21/2018

Kathleen Boggs · Married on 09/28/2019

Absolutely loved my experience and my dress

My stylist, Andrew Snow, was absolutely amazing. Not only was he wonderful during my dress appointment, he was so helpful after I ordered my dress. I emailed him with questions about undergarments and he promptly responded with great suggestions. Highly recommend.

Sent on 10/21/2019
  • giyun

giyun · Married on 09/21/2019

Unique design

I have purchased the topper for my dress. I have tried on dresses and bridal accessories in-store and loved it. It makes me more bright bridal! I can't wait to wear it on my wedding day.

Sent on 05/22/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Martinez · Married on 09/20/2019

Dream wedding dress!

I absolutely loved my dress; I got the Whispers & Echoes Milano Gown. Floral lace, a little shimmer, and form fitting. It was extremely flattering and didn't break the bank!

Sent on 12/06/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany Parrish · Married on 09/14/2019

September 14, 2019 Wedding

For my wedding I originally went to David's Bridal because it was a quick option for me. I found the best dress I possibly could there but it definitely wasn't "the one"! When my husband proposed in Philadelphia, we went into Anthropology and I discovered BHLDN and fell in love instantly, but unfortunately forgot about it when it came time to buy my dress. After purchasing the David's dress, something hit me and I remembered BHLDN. I went in a week later, tried on the one and only Jillian Gown, ordered it, and left (this was about two months before my wedding date). It came in the mail a week later and was even more perfect in person! I am SO happy I listened to my gut and spent the extra money. Everyone loved it, I felt so beautiful, and it was a dream to wear! Everyone at BHLDN was so helpful and encouraging as well. Thank you ladies!

Sent on 09/25/2019
  • Erika

Erika · Married on 09/13/2019

Great Experience in Seattle

My bridal appointment went great, the staff was very kind and attentive. Not to mention, I found the perfect dress! They have a lovely selection, great value for their services and products. Would recommend.

Sent on 01/08/2019
  • Amy

Amy Driscoll · Married on 09/07/2019

Simple yet elegant

I went to a sample sale last winter and got the most beautiful dress for an absolutely great price. But regardless sale or not, their dresses are beautiful and tasteful but not reasonable in price. This store had so many great options to choose from as well.

Sent on 09/10/2019