Beyonder Events Reviews

Beyonder Events 6
Beyonder Events 7
  • Molly

Molly · Married on 06/08/2019

Cornell helped us create the best dance party for our wedding!

Hiring Beyonder Events was an easy decision for us. They were initially recommended to us by our wedding planner. Prior to booking, we went to listen to Cornell at a bar in NYC where he DJs, and thought he would be great at our wedding, which he was! We wanted a big dance party, which Cornell made happen. Overall, Cornell was excellent and I would recommend him without reservations. It was also a pleasure working with Ben, who was professional, thorough, and prompt with emails, which made the planning process easy and enjoyable.

Sent on 06/13/2019

Jordan Bishop · Married on 06/08/2019

Excellent experience all around

Ben played our wedding and really knocked it out of the park - our guests had a great time on the dance floor and we loved the party, we cannot recommend him highly enough!

Sent on 06/24/2019
  • VICTORIA

VICTORIA · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing Party Atmosphere

Hiring Beyonder Events for our wedding was the best thing we could have done! Ben and Mikey were both super accommodating and extremely knowledgeable about what they do. we saw Ben with Beyonder Events at a friends wedding and, even though we were not even engaged at the time, made the decision immediately that when we get married we will be hiring them. My husband and I both knew from the start that we wanted a DJ from the get go, but finding the right person to work with you is the hard part! Not with these guys. Mikey and Ben were both reliable and easy going, knew what to do and knew the answers to my questions before I asked them. Our day of DJ was Mikey Palms, and we couldn’t say enough good things about him! Mikey knew exactly what we wanted from our party and gave us the best night!
    From the first phone call to get to know each other, to emails back and forth, ending with an in person meeting a week before our wedding to nail down the details, we have zero complaints and would absolutely recommend Mikey, and the rest of the Beyonder group.

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Y

Yulia · Married on 09/14/2018

Ben was the DJ for our Sept wedding and simply put, he was AMAZING! Ben was recommended by our friends who hired him to DJ their wedding several years ago and we are so glad that we took their recommendation. From the first phone call to the last song at the wedding, Ben was professional, easy to work with, knowledgeable and most importantly fun! We also had a band at our wedding and Ben made the transitions between the band sets and his sets soo smooth, which was key for us. He played all of the music we told him that we liked, plus music that he knew would work well with our crowd. Ben kept our guests up and dancing until 1am! Everyone had such a great time and we have Ben to thank for the energy and fun atmosphere of the dance floor. If you are looking for someone who knows his stuff and who will keep the party going, Ben is your guy!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Ryan · Married on 08/18/2018

Ben was the DJ for our wedding last weekend and we haven't stopped talking about him since! From the initial email to the end of our reception, he was an absolute pleasure to work with. He listened to exactly what we were hoping to achieve on our wedding day and matched our vibe a hundred percent. He is incredibly easy to talk to and responds to emails immediately. He coordinated the sound with our venue so we didn't have to worry about a thing as we got closer to the big day. The questionnaire is incredibly thorough and was extremely helpful as choosing songs can be a bit of a daunting task if you don't know where to start. He was thoughtful and encouraging and always made us feel well taken care of. You can tell just how much he loves his job and values providing the best service possible from the very first phone call. He was by far the most competent and reliable of all of our wedding vendors and we are so happy to have found him and Beyonder Events. Our wedding was a party with incredible music from start to finish, which is exactly what we wanted. If you're searching for a wedding DJ that will provide an incredible evening of bangin music, look no further. Our wedding wouldn't have been the same without Ben and we are so happy to have met and worked with him!

Sent on 08/23/2018

Erin · Married on 08/11/2018

Kept everyone dancing all night!

We hired Cornell from Beyonder Events for our wedding this past August and we couldn't have been happier with our decision. From the moment we spoke with Ben over the phone we knew we had made a great choice. We were determined to find someone that would make our event one amazing party and would not include any of the cliché wedding things that we just weren’t interested in having. Ben assured us that they were DJ’s first that just do weddings and we can say they are true to that. Everyone is still telling us how much fun they had at our wedding and that it was one of the best they had been to and I truly feel that has so much to do with the music that was played. Cornell had everyone dancing for the full five hours! He also strongly adhered to our do not play list even when family asked and I am so grateful for that as well. We simply can’t say enough positive things about them and how they helped to make our wedding everything we wanted it to be.

Sent on 11/12/2018

Michael · Married on 06/15/2018

When planning our wedding, we wanted to throw the best party imaginable: a non-traditional ceremony, lighthearted atmosphere, and an upbeat, unrelenting energy from processional to after-party. Ben was critical to realizing our vision.

We met with Ben early in the planning process, reinforcing our confidence in our choice, especially when he mentioned the goal of an inter-generational dance floor, seamlessly shifting from Biggie to The Supremes. Immediately, we knew he grasped our taste and vision and we understood what he needed from us to deliver. Leading up to the wedding, Ben reviewed our music selections with us. We provided do not play, cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing suggestions. However, we entrusted him, as an expert, to modify as needed. That trust paid off.

Ben delivered beyond our already high expectations: the dance floor was packed from first dance to last song and people have repeatedly commented since on the amazing music and party atmosphere. In fact, I had a friend ask last weekend if I had a playlist from our wedding to share since he was at a wedding where music was killing the party. Ben established a new standard for many of our friends.

And about his goal for an inter-generational dance floor: 100% delivered. He had my 70-something-years-old, very Midwest mother dancing indiscriminately to the music, not just to a classic oldies or two.

We believe the night wouldn't have exceeded our expectations without Ben's talent fueling the party; and thus, we recommend with absolute confidence that he'll deliver the same unmatched experience for your wedding!

Sent on 08/21/2018
    Beyonder Events 15
    Beyonder Events 16
    Beyonder Events 17
    Beyonder Events 18

Aliya · Married on 05/12/2018

We first saw Ben in action at a close friends wedding in 2017 and knew we HAD to have him DJ our wedding because he knows how to put on ONE BIG DANCE PARTY! From the very first meeting we had, to our wedding reception this past weekend, Ben was a total rockstar and was by far our favorite wedding vendor. He’s everything you want in a DJ - cool cat vibe (and look) while he DJs, great taste in music, super calm and accommodating, yet at the same time, isn’t afraid to make great suggestions. Other wedding vendors, including our day-of-coordinator also commented on how awesome it was to work and collaborate with him. He was also excellent with dealing with on-the-fly updates to the timeline and music on the day.

More than anything, he let’s his superbly curated music do the talking. We vibed on the music with him throughout the evening, often looking over and mouthing the lyrics of songs we both loved. He was totally in sync with us and the crowd. Some amazing compliments we received from our friends and family below:
    “Set the record for earliest dancing and most dancingest crowd ever”
    “Music was fabulous, how did you find your DJ! He’s so cool”
    “I’ve never seen so much dancing at a wedding before, the DJ and music was on fire!”

Don’t waste your time looking at other DJs, Ben is the best guy ever and he’s your guy.

Sent on 05/17/2018

Karyn · Married on 05/04/2018

If you're looking for the BEST DJ EVER for your wedding reception... he is right here!! Music to me and my husband was the most important part of our wedding day and Ben delivered to us (and our guests) the BEST music I have EVER experienced at a wedding!! I am still hearing rave reviews from everyone... the feedback from guests has been absolutely incredible!! Overwhelming! I am all smiles because it was truly all I wanted to hear and it's been beyond my wildest expectations. Not only is Ben a genius with mixing music; he is organized, professional and just gets it!!! He is kind, friendly and so easy to work with... Ben was a dream. I can go on and on about my experience with Ben. Do not look anywhere else...it's a waste of time. Ben is THE DJ everyone should hire for weddings, parties - whatever!!!!! You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 05/09/2018

Rhiannon · Married on 02/24/2018

Hiring Ben was without a doubt one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. He is a consummate professional in every way. He was incredible to plan with before the wedding, and he communicated with us during the wedding to make sure everything was going smoothly. He has a real talent for reading the energy in a room and had everyone dancing the entire night!! Everyone had such a good time that when he announced the last song, the whole wedding booed because they wanted him to keep the party going. Ben got our vibe immediately, and we would hire him again in an instant. Our wedding would not have been the same without him. Definitely go with Ben! You will not regret it.

Sent on 03/02/2018

Stacy · Married on 11/04/2017

Ben did an amazing job at our wedding on 11-4-17 at the Dumbo Loft. Ben was recommended to us by a mutual friend and we are so glad we were put in contact with him. All contact leading up to the wedding was prompt and professional, and the questionnaire Ben provided helped us think about the musical choices we wanted for our day. We met with him a few weeks prior to the wedding and he was super helpful in putting together the musical timeline for the day, as well as giving great suggestions on how to make things flow better. He listened carefully to what we wanted, and I knew from that meeting we were going to be in good hands. The day of the wedding he arrived on time and had everything set up and ready to go. He provided a standing mic for our ceremony and did a pre-ceremony sound check with our Officiant to ensure everything was perfect. Every musical choice at the wedding was spot-on; he played all the songs we had requested but also intuitively knew what song to play next based on how the crowd was reacting. We wanted a dance party, and he gave us just that without being showy or in-your-face like some wedding djs are. I would frequently look over and see him genuinely having such a good time dj-ing, and you could tell that he takes pride in his work. He frequently checked in with my husband and I throughout the night to make sure the vibe was what we wanted. Our crowd stayed on the dance floor the entire night, and we would hire him again in a heartbeat. Ben, thank you so much for helping us create the wedding we envisioned!

Sent on 11/10/2017

Heather · Married on 10/08/2017

My (now) husband and I began searching for a DJ super early for our 10/8/2017 wedding. We figured that what most people remember about weddings is the music and the food. We knew we needed to nail those two things. I was looking through wedding blogs and saw a photo of this cool cat at the helm of his set-up and the floor was packed. Mental note made: Beyonder Events (Ben) I looked through his website real quick, along with the usual wedding sites and he’s got great reviews. THEN we go to my friends January wedding in Brooklyn and guess who’s DJ’ing? BEN! So I say to my friend that night-How did this happen? Turns out Ben and my friends (now) husband grew up together. The universe was talking to me and I listened. I reached out to Ben soon after and we immediately clicked via email. My husband and I really wanted someone who KNEW music, someone who knew GOOD music. Sounds so basic but we’ve all been to weddings where DJ’s are phoning it in and cut through songs too quickly. None of that please.Ben is a busy man and I was probably a bit Type A, never the less he was quick to respond to emails and had a super laid back vibe. A perfect balance for a Type A. My husband and I had spent a good part of the year compiling a list of songs on Spotify. We learned soon enough that yes, we can give him a playlist but rather than do that, why not give him a vibe (and the must plays) and let him fly. The result: I literally would not get off the dance floor for pictures. I danced my ass off and my friends feet were numb from dancing! Ben WE LOVE YOU

Sent on 11/18/2017

Nichole · Married on 10/07/2017

Hire Ben. Seriously. Just do it. Ben had a phone call with us to make sure he understood exactly what we were looking for. Our wedding setup was a little complicated in that it had three separate areas that needed sound and music, and we also requested an instrumentalist to play along side the DJ. Ben made it all happen! Everybody was up dancing the entire night of our wedding and complimented the music selection. In fact, people had such a great time, they almost missed the shuttle to leave! Ben and Richie were truly incredible and we had an amazing time, as did our guests. Ben was able to read the room perfectly and deliver exactly what we had asked for and discussed. I would not hesitate to recommend him!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Alissa · Married on 09/29/2017

We booked Beyonder Events for our wedding based on Ben's super chill personality and awesome mashups (and the price), and he did not disappoint!! We weren't looking for the type of DJ that puts on a show and we also weren't looking for DJ that only plays the typical wedding playlist. Between my husband and I, we have a pretty extensive range of music we like, which Ben was very open to, and we wanted a PARTY.
    Before the big day, he helped us put together a timeline of the night, he was flexible with payments (and he has Venmo!), and he completely got the vibe we were going for based on our must plays and do not plays. The night of, he was in contact with us the entire time letting us know things like our maitre'd wanted him to play "Shots" during the intermezzo pass around (which we didn't want), and giving us a heads up for when he was going to turn things up again.
    He showed up dressed nicely with just his equipment, nothing flashy (exactly what we wanted) and did professional announcements for the speeches and cake cutting (no corny stuff or pointing people out etc). He did an amazing job mixing the oldies and new music and we had compliments from everyone - teenage boys to middle age women. Above all, we had a blast, everyone was dancing (including Ben!), and it was truly the party we imagined. Our maitre'd actually told us she's never seen this much dancing at a wedding.
    Highly, highly recommended!

Sent on 10/20/2017
    Beyonder Events 19

Matthew · Married on 09/23/2017

Ben is fantastic. He was the DJ for our wedding a month ago, and we would recommend him to anyone in the highest terms. He is extraordinarily easy to work with, highly professional, and committed to his craft. He took time to meet with us in person before the event to learn our preferences and make sure he was fully prepared to make the day great. During the wedding, Ben had everyone at our wedding on the dance floor, from teenagers to grandparents, throughout for the whole night. Numerous friends and family commented during the wedding and for weeks afterwards how amazing our DJ was, and they are right. Ben is the best.

Sent on 12/03/2017
  • Ella

Ella · Married on 09/17/2017

Ben DJ'd our wedding last weekend and was amazing! He met with us before the wedding to get a feel for our musical tastes and served up the perfect playlist on the day-of. Ben struck the perfect balance between asking us what we wanted and using his own expertise to create the perfect atmosphere. He had everyone on the dance floor for hours and also handled all of our announcements and last-minute curveballs with ease. We've been complimented on the music all week, and we know that Ben was a huge part of a successful night. Highly recommended!

Sent on 09/23/2017
  • F

Faith · Married on 09/09/2017

Believe the hype. Every other review is spot on. He DJ'd our wedding and ran the dance floor like a boss. It was packed all night and I heard "best DJ ever" at least 10 times. He totally rocked it. Treated the night like a dance club- not a cheesy wedding party. I cannot tell you how happy I am that we went with him. Seriously. Amazing night.

Sent on 09/13/2017

charlie · Married on 08/20/2017

We loved working with Beyond Events! Ben was super professional from the first consultation right through to our wedding day, and Cornell, who actually played our wedding was the best! We had an outdoor, pool party style wedding and really were NOT looking for a 'traditional, cheesy wedding DJ' We wanted to create more of a festival, party vibe... and Cornell killed it! He really guided the atmosphere through the afternoon, (while people were drinking margaritas, swimming, and doing some pool side dancing) feel right through to the last folks tearing it up on the dance floor. We gave him some guidance of what we were after (mainly 90s pop and hip hop, with a smattering of Britpop and latin tunes - our wedding guests were a mixture of Brits, Colombians and Brooklynites) and he really hit the nail on the head. We had a great night and DEFINITELY would recommend Cornell and Beyonder events to anyone who wants to PARTY at their wedding.

Sent on 01/15/2017

Justine · Married on 08/12/2017

I heard about Ben and Beyonder Events through a girlfriend - I was her day-of coordinator, and Ben and I got along so well at her wedding, and had this killer playlist, so it was kind of an easy choice when our wedding came along. From the first meeting, Ben was matter-of-fact but kind, detail-oriented but also easy-going. Even when we had last-minute dance changes, he just rolled with it and really made what could've been a tight space into a fantastic reception. Our friends were gushing about the playlist. Ben took our suggestions and ran with them - and we really couldn't be happier. If you go with Ben - we promise you will get professionalism with chill, someone who really does know what he's going - someone incredibly trustworthy who will really make your reception something next level.

Sent on 08/13/2017

Devo · Married on 06/25/2017

Ben DJ'd our wedding and he was an ABSOLUTE pleasure to work with! Literally from beginning to end, he was beyond helpful and kind and super patient with us. Our wedding had complicated music cues and requests and Ben pulled it off seamlessly! We couldn't have been happier and received a ton of compliments from our guests.

We wholeheartedly recommend hiring him. You'll be in good hands and will have the time of your life.

Sent on 06/27/2017

Morgan · Married on 06/17/2017

DJ Ben the Beyonder turned our wedding into the awesome dance party we had hoped it would be. No cheesy DJ stuff, just an amazing party with songs perfectly catered to the tastes of my (now) husband and I. No one wanted the night to end!
    Throughout the planning process, Ben was incredibly helpful - he listened to our ideas and offered input as to what would work best. He was professional but friendly, and we always felt that we were in good hands. If you are looking for a wedding DJ who will make your wedding the most fun night of your lives, contact Ben immediately!

Sent on 07/09/2017

Bryan · Married on 05/14/2017

Ben was quick to respond to my initial inquiry, hopping on the phone to answer my many questions and concerns. We also had a great conversation about music that totally solidified he was the right DJ for us. Aside from possessing a clear passion for music, Ben is extremely thorough. His process covers all bases and allows for as much (or as little) engagement as you desire. As someone who wanted to be a bit more hands on, I appreciated Ben's willingness to let me share various/extensive playlists for the different parts of the reception. When all was said and done, the music came out great and we received a lot of compliments. Hard to ask for more than that.

Sent on 06/16/2017
  • W

William · Married on 05/06/2017

I really can't praise Ben and Beyonder Events more for their professionalism throughout the preparation and attention to detail. We encountered him at a friends wedding and quickly saw his ability to read a room and knew that we had to book him for our own wedding. He had the dance floor packed from start to finish and knew just what the crowd needed. Ben didn't stop spinning the hot beats and my guests certainly didn't stop moving. Exceptional work and the finale was something my wife and I will remember and cherish forever. 100/100 A+ work from this vendor.

Sent on 05/08/2017

Julie · Married on 04/29/2017

Beyonder Events was incredibly professional and responsive leading up to the wedding. After an initial interview, we were matched with Mikey as our DJ, whose musical tastes matched up best with ours. Mikey was very warm and welcoming from the beginning, helping us to get excited about the music for the party. He was also very willing to tailor the wedding to our musical tastes, which was very important to us. Ben & Mikey collaboratively helped us plan out the schedule for the whole wedding day beforehand, and made a great playlist which definitely got everyone moving on the dance floor. He was able to read the crowd and keep the party going while still adhering to our musical tastes and somewhat non-traditional preferences. We could not have asked for a better DJ- we had a great time working with Mikey and he truly made our wedding reception so much fun!

Sent on 03/11/2018