Beyond Catering & Events Reviews

7 | Berwyn, IL

7 Reviews for Beyond Catering & Events

• Amber

Amber J. · Married on 09/30/2019

Great Food! Great Service!

Beyond Catering was amazing and a great choice for a caterer. They were separately recommended from both our venue and our wedding coordinator. From the first communication, they were very responsive and easy to work with. (Courtenay was awesome!) We were on a tight schedule and they were able to make a menu that suited all our needs for our big celebration. And my fiance was very happy with their ability to make small substitutions on a few items to accommodate food allergies and preferences. The service was great and the food was YUMMY! Our guests are still talking about the food- especially the mashed potatoes. ;) We could not be happier with how the food came out!

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Willy

Willy C. · Married on 08/10/2019

Fantastic! Delicious food and great to work with!

From the moment of the tasting, we knew they were the best choice to cater our wedding! The tasting was fun and delicious (and full of SO much good food!) and beyond events paid lots of attention to our specific requests. Courtenay and Melissa were both great to work with, super organized, very professional, but also so friendly, fun, and supportive! The food at our wedding was a highlight. Would highly recommend Beyond Events for your wedding!

Sent on 09/22/2019
  • Gianna

Gianna Q. · Married on 06/14/2019

Amazing!

Beyond events did an amazing job and made sure that our venue was set up beautifully and stress-free. Everyone who attended the wedding raved about the decor and the delicious food during and after the night. The most amazing person to work with is Courtenay Lipka. She was so extremely helpful and responsive. She went above and beyond to make sure everything ran smoothly during the event. Without her, the night would not have been as spectacular as I remember it. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 08/15/2019

Kelsey · Married on 05/18/2018

Beyond Events catered our wedding last month and they were great! We had a long engagement and after we had already decided on a menu, they reached out to let us know they added additional options and let us come in for another tasting. Originally Donna was our contact, who had been in the industry for a long time and knew her stuff, so when she retired we were a little nervous about who would be our new contact. Thankfully we got to work with Courtenay and she was absolutely amazing!! She hopped on a call to introduce herself right away and helped answer any questions/concerns I still had. From that moment on, Courtenay continued to be quick to respond and even helped me when I needed another opinion on non-food related wedding details. She was there on the day of to help ensure everything went smoothly and even checked in on me a few times that night to see if I needed anything. Our guests all raved about how delicious the food was and we are so glad we went with Beyond Events as they (especially Courtenay) knocked it out of the park :)

Sent on 06/13/2018

Amy · Married on 09/08/2017

I am making a point to write a review because I could not have been more impressed with Donna and her team. From the moment of our first tasting to closing out the night of the wedding, Beyond Events was beyond courteous, professional, helpful, and amazing. Donna was so helpful and accommodating with every last detail. The food was DELICIOUS and all my guests raved about their dinners. Donna gave me so many helpful tips and pointers along the way. The late night snacks were also the best and so tasty! Aside from all of that, when I walked into my wedding, there Donna was helping light the candles on the table and making sure everything was perfect. I could not have asked for a better team and am so happy I found them!! Thank you Beyond Events!!!

Sent on 09/28/2017

Allison · Married on 05/18/2019

Good food, ok service

The food was amazing. Everyone was telling us how great it was and went back for seconds and thirds. I did not like some of the things they took upon themselves to do as well as me the bride having to hunt down the vegan meal for a guest.

Sent on 07/17/2019

Amy · Married on 09/03/2016

3.4
      3.5
      3.0
      2.5

We used Beyond Events for our wedding in Milwaukee on September 3. The food was wonderful and the service was carried out on time mostly without a hitch. We were initially apprehensive about using Beyond Events because we booked a different caterer that lost their operating space and they ensured Beyond Events would carry out our contract with them. The transition process was mostly smooth, although we didn’t have an opportunity to taste the food because we were planning from out of state. Jamie was very respective of our concerns in going with a caterer we had never tried, and overall she was very accommodating of special requests, dietary restrictions, etc.. A few things got lost in the transition when we talked about things over the phone and then saw incorrect versions of that information reflected in the contract. It was a quick fix, but on the day of the wedding, one thing we had discussed in detail wasn’t executed properly. We had ordered a tiered cake and sheet cakes from a bakery and arranged with Jamie for Beyond Events to take the tiered cake to the kitchens after we cut it in front of our guests, and serve it alongside the sheet cakes that were cut out of sight. Instead, Beyond Events left our cake out all night, didn’t cut it, and brought the sheet cakes out to cut in front of all our guests. Ultimately we spent a lot of money on a cake that was essentially wasted and it didn’t look great having sheet cakes cut in front of everyone while the beautiful one we designed sat by untouched. Plus, no one from Beyond Events checked in with us or introduced themselves to us all night, so we didn’t know who to ask to take care of it. Jamie hasn’t touched base with us either to ask how things went. Overall, the food was excellent and the family style service was a hit. I just wish they would have taken a little more care in executing everything we discussed and at the very least checking in with us—either the night of the wedding, or in the aftermath.

Sent on 09/12/2016