Betty Jane's BakeShoppe Reviews

Betty Jane's BakeShoppe 2
Betty Jane's BakeShoppe 3
Betty Jane's BakeShoppe 4

Jaclyn · Married on 08/15/2014

We used them for our wedding cake and groom's cake. Both cakes came out beautifully and even better than we expected. We will be calling them for our anniversary cake for sure!

Sent on 01/12/2015

Victoria · Married on 09/29/2013

Betty Janes Bakeshoppe made our bride and groom cakes. The cakes were beautiful. It was THE absolute best cake we've ever tasted. Our guests actually went back for seconds because it was just that good. The reason I did not give Betty Janes Bakeshoppe a 5 for service and responsiveness is because I did experience a bit of trouble in the communication and slow response to emails. However, do not let that deter you from ordering your cake here. They did an excellent job and we plan to order our cake from them again at our first anniversary (we opted to order a fresh cake at our first anniversary rather than save our topper in the freezer for a year, which just sounds gross to us...who wants to eat old cake????)

Sent on 10/17/2013

Rebecca · Married on 07/24/2009

Our wedding cake was delicious and beautiful. Lana worked with our unique requests and made everything perfect!

Sent on 08/04/2009

Kristine · Married on 01/23/2016

2.5

I did not give 5 stars simply because we did not have a good experience during our tasting - they were too busy and did not take their time with us. It was one couple after another (it was right after a bridal extravaganza). We were rushed and they took a long time to give us different quotes. However, because their cake tasted so phenomenal we had to go with them - the cake ended up arriving just as we had ordered and we absolutely loved the cake! We couldn't stop eating it! We will definitely be ordering from them many many more times in the future! They do a great job - if you having a San Antonio wedding you have to order from Betty Jane's!

Sent on 12/07/2016
  • I

Sara · Married on 09/25/2011

3.6
      2.5

Great presentation and decoration of our cake, but it was too cold on our wedding day. I requested twice on previous meetings with them to make sure our cake to taste as fresh as can be, but they seemed to leave it too long in the fridge and it was just too cold on our day to eat it.

Flavor and decoration good - but too cold.

Sent on 01/04/2012

3.0

Wish the cake was the exact design I wanted, but at least it wasn't dry.

Sent on 06/26/2014

Kristine · Married on 12/11/2010

2.8
      2.5

Betty Jane's cakes were delicious! The best that I had tasted during our tasting sessions. However, they did not pay attention to the details of our wedding and ended up being late. I had to call them an hour before our wedding was going to start because they had not arrived with my cakes. They quickly rushed over and arrived right before I walked down the aisle to set up the cakes so I did not get to see them. In fact, I didn't see them at all until we cut the cake. I had asked for a white cake and did not want to use fondant. I wished that she would've told me that it would have been ivory because it was the only ivory part of our wedding. The cake topper was not securely placed and fell before we cut the cake. It broke but luckily my bridesmaid was able to glue it back together. Then the grooms cake was not correct either. It was supposed to be an Army Ranger tab, but in her hurried state she wrote "RANGERS" plural. Needless to say, my husband wasn't very happy. However, the cakes were delicious and we loved them once we cut into them. At the end of the day, food is food and it was good. The reason that I provided a low rating was because of the decor and the poor attention to the time.

Sent on 02/28/2013

Heather · Married on 05/31/2014

0.8
      1.0
      1.0
      2.0
      0.0
      0.0

We hired Betty Jane's because of all the reviews we had read and our tasting went well.
    Our experience with them was the exact opposite.
    The day before our wedding I had to drop off 3 dozen roses and our cake topper. This particular cake topper was a silhouette of a bride and groom. It took me 3 months to search for and find the perfect one. Upon arriving at our reception we noticed our cake topper was MISSING and no one knew what happen to it.
    After our venue coordinator reviewed some security tapes, she told us the lady who came to setup the cake put a topper on but that it was a set of wedding rings. In the video, this lady puts a topper on, fixes some flowers, removes the topper and leaves soon after. Nancy, the coordinator, tried to call the bakery to find out if someone was coming back with my correct topper or not... no response.
    We went to return the cake stand and find out what happen two days later. Amanda and Peggy gave us generic and completely insincere apologies. Amanda said sorry with a sarcastic smirk and neither lady empathized. She cut me a check for $36 (the cost of my topper) and just stood there expressionless.
    No one tried coming back with the correct topper ON MY WEDDING DAY.
    No one tried calling me, my fiance, or the venue to let them know what was going on.
    Peggy actually said, that's why Amanda's cell number is on your contract, for this reason.
    My venue was 15 min from their shop. Was it too much to ask to go back and get it on my wedding day!?
    BRIDES BEWARE... if they drop the ball in any way, don't expect them to care or offer any sort of sincere apology, much less fix their mistakes on ON YOUR WEDDING DAY. Be sure to have your contract stuffed in your wedding gown or close by because it's your responsibility to call them if something wrong ON YOUR WEDDING DAY.
    Lastly, your wedding cake will taste nothing like the samples at your tasting. Samples way better than actual cake. Definitely frozen!

Sent on 06/02/2014