203 Reviews for Betty J Allard Justice of the Peace

Customized Vows (6)
No Denomination (5)
Civil Union (1)
203 Betty J Allard Justice of the Peace Reviews

Betty was very professional. She fed off of our personality and all guests thought she was a personal friend! She was on time, organized, and very helpful. We are so glad she did our wedding! She even provided Sand for a beautiful sand ceremony we had added into the ceremony!

Profile Picture User2706807, [Private], 7 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Customized Vows, Non-religious

Betty was absolutely spectacular in every department. Now, mind you, we needed a JP on short notice (less than five weeks). She was super friendly from the very beginning, and provided us with all of the in-person meetings (she welcomed us into her home :) ) phone calls, and emails that we needed. She has a set ceremony that she gives, but it is completely customizable according to your religious or secular needs. She was at the ceremony early despite her busy schedule, and delivered the memorized ceremony flawlessly. She even calmly rescued us during a "where are the rings" episode just as the ceremony kicked off. Betty is absolutely everything we wanted and needed from a JP, and we are forever grateful. Thanks, Betty! You rock! --Michael & Jillian Kane

Profile Picture Michael, 7/14/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Betty was warm, professional, and we loved our ceremony. Her vows are as unique and special as her sand ceremony. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I am so so grateful that we got Betty as our JP. My wife and I (so gay friendly yo!) had the opportunity to meet her prior to our day and it was a perfect fit! My wife has some social anxiety, but Betty made her feel comfortable and welcoming and I’ve never seen her talk that much with someone she just met! We eloped, just the two of us, so Betty was there even when our parents weren’t allowed. It’s a big deal, I think, just because of that and we don’t regret having her in the slightest. She came highly recommended by the place we tied the knot, and it became very apparent why! She’s meticulous, personable, and strives to make her clients comfortable and happy. Even though it was just the two of us, she still made it feel like such a huge day for us. If we ever renew our vows, we’ll absolutely be reaching out for her services again. And if any of our friends decide to tie the knot in the Connecticut area, she will hands down be the only person we tell them to go to! 10/10 would recommend.

Profile Picture Mackenzie, 1/29/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Betty was amazing to work with! I've had the pleasure of seeing her not only for my ceremony but for a friends years ago. She was so great then, I kept her business card in my wallet all this time not knowing if I'd ever use it. Well my time came and I was very happy to hear she was still officiating. She responded to my husbands emails super fast, and was able to work with our crazy schedule. Not to mention her pricing is very affordable! Betty is the best of the best and you will be so happy you chose her to officiate your ceremonies. Thanks :)

Profile Picture Shaneeka, 12/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Betty helped make our wedding day seamless, personal, and memorable. She was always available when we needed her throughout the process and was so timely any time we met and especially on our wedding day. She could easily charge a lot more for her wonderful services! We loved her and we are so glad we had Betty with us on our wedding day!

Profile Picture Karley, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Betty was amazing! She was so accommodating and helpful, we were able to book her with only a couple months notice and even stayed after the ceremony was over to help out and assure that we were happy. Would highly recommend Betty!

Profile Picture Veronica, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Betty was so wonderful! She is personable, professional, flexible and so good at what she does! We had no idea where to start looking for an officiant, and we looked no further than Betty. She was the first JP we met with and we knew right away that she was perfect. We would (and will!) definitely recommend her to everyone we know.

Profile Picture User6393005, Recently Married, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I got married on 09/16/17, in Woodstock, CT., and she officiated the ceremony for me. It was not the easiest wedding to plan for because I am currently living in Las Vegas. But, I wanted to get married back home in New England. After researching all the different JPs that were available in the area, I settled on Betty. I loved that she wrote her own vows, that her ceremony wasn't some 5-minute "quickie", and I especially loved she did something very unique with her sand ceremony. Because Betty likes to add a personal touch to each and every ceremony she performs, she wanted to meet with me and my future wife. With me being in Vegas, meeting was not going to be easy, but we planned a quick meeting the Friday before my ceremony. She invited us to her home where she got to know us on a deeper level. I really appreciated her warmth and hospitality, and she really took the time to get to know us and to give us an idea of what her ceremony entailed. The sand she uses in her sand ceremony is from 2 different beaches here in New England, and it was definitely a unique keepsake. Her husband also helped with some of the photography from the ceremony, and by the end they almost felt more like family, than like a Officiant for hire. From the get-go, she was very warm, personable, and not to mention AFFORDABLE.. She really did help us have the perfect wedding. I would highly recommend Betty for your wedding day!

Profile Picture Johnny, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I highly recommend Betty, she is awesome! She is very professional and never too pushy. We had a small intimate ceremony last week and she definitely exceeded my expectations! She took her time and helped us take beautiful pictures! I'm so happy with our experience, she definitely made our day that much more special and memorable!

Profile Picture Vanessa, 8/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Betty officiated our wedding on July 22, 2017 and we couldn't be any more pleased. We met Betty in the Fall of 2016 and after sitting down with her we knew we had found the right JP for our wedding. Betty has a significant amount of experience as a JP and it showed on our special day. Betty is a down to earth individual with a good sense of humor, putting everyone involved in the ceremony process at ease. We received many compliments from ours guests about Betty and how beautiful our ceremony was. With so many aspects of a wedding to worry about, Betty will not be one of them. We highly recommend Betty for your wedding!

Profile Picture Matt and Cheri, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows

Betty is a exceptional person, the ceremony she provided for our special day was very fitting to what we wanted. The sand ceremony was wonderful and we have a forever keepsake. We highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for a simple yet beautiful ceremony.

Profile Picture Melanie , 7/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Our small, intimate ceremony (12 people) was all that we hoped it would be.  Without a doubt, we chose the right person to be part of our day!  Betty took the time to get to know us when we visited her house and we enjoyed our time talking with her which led us to have a comfortable and relaxed feeling the day of.   When she and her husband arrived, their friendly and outgoining personalities led to such great interactions with our family members and they fit right in! Thank you Betty for all you did to make our day special!  You have a gift for what you do!

Sincerely,

Hayden and Michelle

Profile Picture Michelle, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Betty provided a perfect ceremony for my recent wedding! From the moment my now husband spoke with Betty the first time, we knew she had to be our JOP. When we inquired with other JOPs, they essentially told us to get back to them if we decided we'd like to hire them. Betty, on the other hand, took an immediate interest in us as a couple. She was more than willing to work with my husband and I on a very short timeline - we reached out to her only about a month before our wedding date, not knowing the exact day, time, or location of the ceremony, and she was so flexible and helpful throughout the process. We loved meeting with Betty beforehand to discuss our ceremony. It was very clear that she truly cares about knowing the couples she marries and providing them with a perfectly tailored ceremony. Our guests loved her ceremony, and even our photographer stated that it was the best ceremony she has seen! My husband and I highly recommend working with Betty - you will not only get a professional JOP who will provide an excellent ceremony, but a person who truly cares about your happiness on your wedding day!

Profile Picture Allison, 6/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I used Betty as our JOP for our wedding on June 10, 2017 and were extremely happy with how she performed our ceremony! My mom still rants and raves about what an amazing job Betty did! I knew from the moment I spoke with Betty on the phone that she was the right person to marry us. When we first met with her, she showed a genuine interest in my husband and I and treated us as more than just another client – she even provided us with recommendations of restaurants for our rehearsal dinner, since we were not from the area where we were getting married! Also, we chose to do the sand ceremony and we would recommend it to anyone looking to do something a little different. We highly recommend Betty for JOP – we loved working with her!!

Profile Picture Mia, 6/10/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious

We loved working with Betty - immediately we felt like we had been lifelong friends. She is organized, responsive, and charming. My family and friends loved her as well!

Profile Picture Heather, 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Civil Union, No Denomination, Customized Vows

Betty was the greatest! My wife Kayleigh and I are not very particular people, and we somewhat dreaded the task of planning a memorable ceremony. Once we met with Betty, though, we were provided with a whole package of ideas ranging from personal sentiments to a sand ceremony, and we could finally start picturing (and getting excited for!) a ceremony that ended up being truly beautiful.

Never pushy and ALWAYS confidant, Betty was the perfect choice to provide us with direction, warmth, and, of course, a flawless and memorable ceremony that people are still talking about! Thanks so much, Betty!

-Tim

Profile Picture Tim, 5/28/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Non-religious, Customized Vows

When we started our planning my fiancee and I of course turned to the internet. The justice of the peace was the first thing we looked for and Betty was the first person we reached out to and once we met with her we knew we had the right person for us. Betty loves her job and is great at it. Her sand ceremony was beautiful and special. Betty kept in touch in the months leading up to the wedding and was always willing to answer any questions we had and it was always in a very timely manner, I never felt like I was bothering her. On the day of the wedding Betty and her husband Paul, who acts as her helper, arrived in plenty of time and brought everything they needed for the ceremony, neither I nor the venue had to provide anything. I would highly recommend Betty not only for her professionalism, but also for her very warm and caring personality.

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/7/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

She's amazing at what she does and made my day really special for me

Profile Picture Chelsea, 4/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Betty is very professional and you can tell she loves what she does. We tried to contact other JP before her, but they weren't very responsive, while Betty answered my emails in just minutes! My husband and I loved the ceremony, full of words of wisdom and not fake at all. We're very happy we found her and will be forever grateful to her.

Profile Picture Luisa, 3/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Betty was absolutely wonderful from start to finish! She takes her job very seriously and you can tell she really enjoys marrying couples. Her ceremony wasn't too long but wasn't too short either which we really enjoyed. Many guests commented that they really enjoyed her ceremony as well. The sand ceremony she does is beautiful and so meaningful - I love having something so unique to symbolize the start of our new life together as husband and wife. My husband and I highly recommend Betty Allard as an officiant. She helped make our day exceptionally special! Thanks Betty!!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 3/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Betty is the most wonderful person! She puts so much effort in getting to know her couples, my husband and I were married on 3/18/17 and Betty made us feel so special and comfortable, she explains everything and she takes so much pride in what she does. We couldn't have asked for anything better, she is The Best! She not only was our Justice of the Peace, we consider her and her husband Paul our friends. They are really wonderful human beings, bless their hearts!

Randy & Kimberly

Profile Picture Kimberly, 3/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Betty was absolutely wonderful!!! I was a little nervous because I didn't know what to expect. If you aren't sure about a JP, thinking perhaps it's impersonal or not special enough....then you need to call Betty!!!! I was so incredibly and pleasantly surprised. Betty is such a professional she took her time to get to know us upon first meeting. You can tell that she truly loves what she does. My new husband and I got married at Foxwood's and she picked a great spot to have the ceremony. She was wonderful and we haven't stopped singing her praises since the ceremony!
Thank you Betty!!!!

Profile Picture Karen, 3/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I just want to say that Betty Allard performed a beautiful ceremony for my husband and I although we had only given her short notice. She was very original included our children and family as much as possible. I could not have wished for a better wedding.

Profile Picture Jennine, 2/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

What can I say? Professionalism at its finest. Friendly but not fake, this woman loves what she does and it shows on every level. We were married in her home, (which to say the least is absolutely gorgeous) her plan for a non denominational ceremony was beautiful and we have a keepsake that will last forever. If you are looking for a JP to perform your wedding, look no further. Betty nails it.

Profile Picture Kenneth, 12/16/16, 1 Review