Betsy Wise Bridal Reviews

22 | Beacon, NY

22 Reviews for Betsy Wise Bridal

Alyssa · Married on 12/01/2018

Highly Recommend Betsy for Alterations!

Betsy was wonderful from the beginning. When I was on the fence about ordering my dress off a sample sale online, I sent her my measurements and a link to the dress and she assured me she'd be able to make any adjustments necessary. And she did! My dress had a lot of lace in it, was big in the chest and the long sleeves were baggy but once she was done with it I LOVED the way it fit. I also had her lower the neckline a bit, she hemmed it and she added a bustle. I got SO many compliments on it and wish I could wear it every day. She made me feel so comfortable through out the process as well. I highly recommend using Betsy for your alterations!

Sent on 12/21/2018

Maggie Rizzacasa · Married on 10/13/2018

Wonderful!

Betsy did an outstanding job on my dress but she really went above and beyond after the wedding when she worked her magic and gave the material from the dress a second life as a blanket. Cannot recommend highly enough!

Sent on 03/16/2019

meghan · Married on 05/13/2018

Bought her a used dress and sketches od what I wanted and we added color to the dress and made it my own.I loved it

Sent on 06/19/2018

Perri · Married on 09/03/2017

I chose Betsys services because she primarily works with lace and I needed my lace wedding dress altered. You was extremely responsive and accommodating upon initial correspondence. I traveled to her from NYC and made a weekend out of the experience! She perfectly tailored my dress and made it fit me like a glove. She even came up with an inventive way to bustle the bottom of the train of my dress. I would definitely recommend her to anyone needing custom tailoring!

Sent on 09/24/2017

Betsy Wise Bridal's reply:

Thank you Perri! It was such a pleasure meeting you and working with you. All my best to you!

Emma · Married on 06/24/2017

Betsy was a dream to work with! She has vision and her skill and knowledge are evident in her beautiful work!! I'm a simple bride, and I decided a few months before my wedding that I wanted to wear my Grammie's 1950s silk dress, if it could be reconstructed. I reached out to Betsy, and I was so impressed by her responsiveness and enthusiasm for this work. I was even more excited after meeting with her at her sweet work space in Beacon--she worked magic, effortlessly pinning the dress while I had it on to give me an idea of how it could be updated. Betsy was totally flexible and allowed for me to adjust meeting times on both or our appointments; she's even is allowing me to bring the dress back one last time for a small alternation. Work with Betsy!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Betsy Wise Bridal's reply:

Thank you so much Emma! It was such a pleasure to work with you. It was an honor to give your grandmother's gown new life!

genel · Married on 06/24/2017

Betsy was absolutely wonderful to work with! I had tried on over 50 wedding dressing and was unable to find anything that was truly what I had in mind. When I met Betsy, we were only about 3 months away from my wedding date, but she was so calm, responsive, and flexible with me! I was quite particular about what I wanted, but was also unsure of what exactly could be done. She listened to everything that I wanted and respectfully explained the dress making processing so that I could feel more comfortable. I wish I could have Betsy design all my dresses!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Stephanie · Married on 06/24/2017

Betsy was a dream to work with! She was able to create a dress that was perfect for me and for my Vermont wedding, everything I wanted and then some, all within the budget we set out at the beginning. She is not only a great designer, but also a lovely person. She made the whole design process feel accessible to me, and made me feel comfortable, relaxed, and confident at all of the fittings. All in all, the whole process and the gorgeous dress she created made me feel special, comfortable, and beautiful. Betsy is the best!

Sent on 03/12/2018

Betsy Wise Bridal's reply:

Thanks so much Stephanie! You were such a joy to work with.

Cassandra · Married on 10/16/2016

Betsy brought my vision to life. We worked together exchanging pictures, sketches, messages, and she produced the dress of my dreams! It is amazing to me that she can work so diligently to help brides realize their vision. She pulled all of my favorite things from other dresses and made the perfect dress for me. She was prompt with communication and courteous with my time during fittings and meetings. She was easy to talk to and quick to adjust or change things I didn't care for. I felt completely comfortable with her during the entire process. Thank you for making my wedding dress dreams a reality.

Sent on 06/07/2017

Betsy Wise Bridal's reply:

Thank you so much Cassandra! I really loved working with you. I'm so thrilled that you loved the dress! It was a great collaboration.

Nicole · Married on 10/08/2016

The experience of creating my own custom wedding dress with Betsy was just as amazing as the final product. She was so supportive, warm, and enthusiastic throughout every stage of the process – from our very first conversation to our final fitting. I wasn’t just another paycheck to Betsy. It wasn’t just about the silhouette or the fabric; she learned about me as a person, my relationship with my then-fiancée, and my overall vision for our wedding day and put all of that knowledge into making me the most beautiful dress I have ever seen. I didn’t want to wear white, I didn’t want a long gown, I didn’t lose the 25 pounds – and none of that mattered. Betsy created a dress that fit my personality and made me feel drop dead gorgeous. My friends and family kept saying that the dress was so “me.” One of my friends asked me to wear my wedding dress again because she “wanted to keep staring at it.”

Betsy is a true artist and the creation of my dress was a true collaboration. I trusted her 100% every step of the way. Almost a year after my wedding, I still pull the dress out of the bag just to look at it – and it still makes me smile like I did on my wedding day.

Sent on 06/13/2017

Betsy Wise Bridal's reply:

Thank you so much Nicole! You were an absolute dream client. I had so much fun collaborating with you on such a unique gown.

Betsy is wonderful! I had a vision of exactly what I wanted my wedding dress to be, and she put together some incredible designs that not only reflected my vision, but were creative and flexible. She is incredibly knowledgeable about the structure and materials, and is also flexible and was willing to work within my budget! I highly recommend Betsy for any bride looking for a unique, well made dress.

Sent on 05/09/2016

Dawn · Married on 06/11/2016

Betsy Wise is a magic maker! My sister had found her dream dress for the most part but the excessive tulle, length and beading was all wrong. We took it to Betsy and she fixed everything! When she was done the dress looked PERFECT. She even designed a super unique way of pinning the back of the dress up that kept the white buttons down the back of the dress in a straight line. Can't recommend her work enough! The turnaround was also really quick. Thanks, Betsy!

Sent on 08/31/2016

Emily · Married on 06/11/2016

My first step in wedding dress shopping was a boutique, where I tried on lots of beautiful dresses that did not feel like me at all. Then, my mom had me try the dress she, my aunt and my grandmother all wore. It wasn't quite right for me, but there was something so special about wearing a dress with history. When my grandmother offered to let someone re-make the dress, I found Betsy's website and was blown away. From the very first email and meeting, Betsy listened and accommodated my many requests, questions and concerns. She agreed to use material from my grandmother's dress, and was able to take all that she needed from one layer of the skirt, preserving the original dress for future generations. I couldn't choose just one design from her beautiful sketches, so she offered to create not one but TWO mock-up dresses for me to try on so that I would know for sure. She was precise and helpful during fittings, again, truly listening to my concerns (does this make my hips look big?), and even making a major alteration before the final drop-off. Oh, and Betsy agreed to work within the budget I had originally set for a new dress.

My wedding dress could not have been more "me," and I am beyond grateful to have gotten married in a dress that represents both my family's history as well as my own taste and style. Thank you, Betsy!

Sent on 09/13/2016

Kara Ayn · Married on 06/20/2015

Betsy's work was just perfect! I wore a one of a kind, hand made dress that was covered in delicate lace. It was so delicate but she was able to alter it so it fit me like a glove and felt sooooo flattering. She also worked on my party dress, making it perfectly snug so it kept me feeling secure and adorable as I danced the night away. And she did work for a couple of my bridesmaids and they were impressed with how much better their dresses fit and how the new fit flattered them.

Betsy is also a sweet person and was a joy to work with during this exciting time:). And affordable! I would ABSOLUTELY recommend her.

Sent on 07/31/2015

Maya · Married on 05/16/2015

Betsy was incredible! I had a dream dress in my head that I couldn't quite find in any store, so she helped me create it from scratch... we started with my pinterest board and a conversation and then she created beautiful custom sketches for me. We tweaked one sketch until it was just what I had envisioned. She created a muslin to make sure the fit and the style were perfect, we chose custom fabrics, and suddenly my dream came to life! I recieved so many compliments on my dress and no one could believe that it was custom-designed and tailored for me for half the price most of my friends spent on their off-the-rack dresses!

Sent on 08/01/2015

Jenny · Married on 08/09/2014

Betsy is amazing! When I started planning my wedding last winter I cherished dreams of wearing an updated version of my grandmother's lace wedding gown from 1947. I'd grown up looking at one of her wedding photos on the wall of our home every day throughout my childhood, but I had no idea if the gown was in good enough repair to use. I also wanted to find a way to update the look of the dress to make it more contemporary while still honoring the look original gown. In searching for designers who worked with heirloom gowns I found Betsy's webpage. What a lucky day for me! Betsy was wonderful in every way, and I loved my wedding dress completely. The process was so easy and fluid. Betsy sent me sketches of different options, and we worked together to come up with a design. She was always extremely responsive and flexible with all scheduling or artistic questions. The gown was absolutely beautiful and extremely well made. It was more than I'd ever hoped for when I first imagined wearing grandma's dress! Betsy worked magic!

Sent on 08/24/2014

H · Married on 07/12/2014

Betsy, is beginning her own business and was absolutely responsive, has clear communication, professional and is very flexible in her thinking about different designs. The material she purchased for me was beautiful. She designed a bodice and the material moved as I walked, danced, etc.. and I never worried about it falling down or shifting.
    Since this is my first wedding dress, my only comment is I wish that Betsy provided concrete ideas for me to say yes/no to- I provided the design from pictures that I felt I wanted. I know she has the ideas and visions for a persons style and body type. In retrospect, I wish she shared them more with me and I wish that I had asked her to- as a client that was pretty unsure about a design. She is talented!
    Betsy is very personable and friendly. I could not have asked for a more relaxing and enjoyable dress-designing and buying experience! Overall, I loved my wedding dress and experience!

Sent on 08/23/2014

Keelin · Married on 10/18/2013

Where to begin...!? Betsy has been absolutely wonderful to work with. Knowing I didn't want an off-the-rack dress and hearing she'd begun designing custom gowns, I approached Betsy with two photographs of dresses I like and asked if she could somehow combine them into something that would work for me. She followed up with about 8 sketches all incorporating the features I liked most in the two photos. I decided on certain elements in a few of them and she produced the final sketch - exactly what I was looking for. I live in San Francisco but frequent New York enough that I was able to schedule a few fittings within the 6 months. Each time, it just got better and better! Betsy tweaked things as we went along and accommodated small changes I requested - even after the garment was complete! I had taken it home with me and then noticed a detail I really wanted changed. I sent it back to her 3 weeks before my wedding and she whipped it up in no time.

In short, it's been the easiest part of planning a wedding. Her craftsmanship is unparalleled and she has a keen eye for what looks best on women of all different shapes and sizes. She listens to what you want and then produces exactly that. Simple! :)

Sent on 10/06/2013

I was very happy with the service I received. I always got a very fast response to any emails and my delivery was fast too.I was very happy with my dress. It fit well, and was very beautiful. I received so many compliments and it wasn't the standard wedding dress or dress shop!

Sent on 06/12/2014

Meghan · Married on 08/30/2013

I planned my Brooklyn wedding from Los Angeles. Betsy and I communicated via email and it was super easy. She went to Mood in NYC and took photos of different appliques and ribbons and sent me pictures. When I changed my mind about color, she sent more options. I never got to try the belt on with my dress until the wedding day, but it was exactly what I wanted. She used photos of my dress to make a match! I am happy both with the product and the artist! Thank you, Betsy!

Sent on 10/03/2013

Sara · Married on 10/13/2012

"I've never been a very traditional person, but when I first got engaged, for some reason, I went directly to the off the rack option for wedding dresses. I tried on dozens of white dresses, and the reflection in the mirror felt like a complete alien was staring back at me. I thought having a custom gown made would be too complicated or too costly. Then I sat down with Betsy, and everything changed. Not only did Betsy work within my budget but she made the entire experience completely relaxed, luxurious and easy. Betsy worked closely with me to hone and craft not only a gorgeous wedding gown, but a vision for what I wanted to look and feel like on my wedding day. She listened to what I wanted, and made amazing suggestions. She went above and beyond to deliver a fabulous garment that was the ultimate reflection of who I am. I could not imagine doing it any other way!" - Sara K.

Sent on 12/09/2013

Margot · Married on 08/11/2012

Betsy was extremely sensitive to my needs and was able to execute everything in a timely manner and within a budget. Not only is she extremely skilled as an artist, but she is also caring and kind and easy to work with. I wish I could have a thousand more weddings just so that I could work with her again! (But of course they would all be to Dan, again.)

Sent on 09/28/2013

Danielle · Married on 11/11/2011

I had always known I would want a custom made wedding dress. Betsy's talents as a designer and a dressmaker were essential in making my dream wedding dress a reality. She was available to me at every step of the way; from consulting with me from abroad when I was buying the silk in India, right up until the very last step of zipping me up. Her professionalism and attentiveness were driving forces, and made me feel very comfortable and relaxed. Betsy was someone who took my ideas and my personality and seamlessly wove it into a dress that was truly and uniquely me.

Sent on 10/02/2013