Bethany & Dan Photography Reviews

Bethany & Dan Photography 3
Bethany & Dan Photography 4
Bethany & Dan Photography 5

Kyle Eaton · Married on 10/05/2018

Highly Recommend Bethany and Dan!

I cannot overstate how great our experience was with Bethany & Dan at our wedding. Before the wedding we had a few calls with them so we could all get to know each other and learn how they work so by the time the wedding came we had total trust in them and it payed off! They did a great job at setting up wonderful posed photos and capturing natural moments throughout the entire event. All of the photos that came back were excellent and we'll cherish them forever. I highly recommend Bethany & Dan for a special occasion like this.

• Lara

Lara Press · Married on 09/15/2018

13/10, would recommend in a heartbeat!

Bethany and Dan are, honestly, the best. They were awesome to work with with from the start, and were such a calm and happy presence on our wedding day. Even though we're usually not the type to love being in front of a camera, something about Bethany and Dan made us so much more comfortable to let loose and enjoy the moment. And the fact that they are a couple in love just makes working with them feel that much more fun and authentic – you can really tell they love what they do. Not to mention, they're great at it! We just got our pictures back and they are incredible. From the sweet and thoughtful pre-wedding touches to the sneak-peak post-wedding Instagram posts, Bethany and Dan really nailed it. 13/10, would recommend in a heartbeat!

Liz · Married on 08/25/2018

Talented. Compassionate. Kind. Artists.

Of all the wedding vendors we hired, and ALL of them were excellent, I truly feel that our wedding day never would have been as amazing as it was without Bethany and Dan. Often it’s the photos the photographers send you AFTER the wedding that you treasure and appreciate, and then decide, yes, we made the right choice in our photographers. We let me tell you, not only did Bethany and Dan create ART out of our favourite wedding moments that have already impressed our friends and family that have seen the photos, but the compassion, professionalism, and care that they showed DURING our wedding were some of the moments I am forever grateful and thankful for. Additionally, they were easy to communicate with before and after the wedding, they got ALL of our photos back to us incredibly quickly, and they give you 100% access to downloading ALL of your photos at the highest resolution. Bethany and Dan are not only THE BEST photographers I have ever had the pleasure of working with, but they are two of the kindest most compassionate people we now consider friends. It is my pleasure to give them my highest of recommendations. They are worth every penny.

Monica · Married on 06/30/2018

Bethany and Dan were incredible. They were so easy to work with and they really captured how the day felt. From taking pictures of us dancing outside to catching my grandmother giggling in a corner, they caught all the little details. These guys really made the whole day special and made it possible for us to re-live it when it whenever we want. Do not hesitate to hire them, they are worth every penny and every second of planning and to top it all off, they are truly kind people.

Bethany & Dan Photography 6
    Bethany & Dan Photography 7
    Bethany & Dan Photography 8
    Bethany & Dan Photography 9
    Bethany & Dan Photography 10

Rachel · Married on 04/28/2018

Bethany and Dan are amazing people and amazing photographers! After our first meeting with them, I knew they were the right fit for us. They have a wonderfully relaxed vibe while conveying that they understand the importance of your wedding day and the part that the photographs play in making memories. They know exactly how to balance lending their opinions and wedding expertise (like how to put on a veil or pin a boutonniere) and being seemingly invisible witnesses as they capture precious moments. The unique perspective and vividness of their photographs bring you back to the rollercoaster of emotions that is your wedding day every time you look at them. The two of them are an outstanding team, and we couldn't be happier that they were a part of our wedding day.

Thank you guys for being so wonderful!

Riley · Married on 12/30/2017

Bethany and Dan are simply the best. They are incredible artists and they take beautiful photos. I am so glad I chose them as our photographers for our wedding, because they really have a gift for capturing the best moments in the most beautiful ways. AND they are incredibly kind and wonderful people to have with you on your wedding day! I would recommend them to anyone who wants photos that have an extra artistic touch.

Tim · Married on 10/16/2017

Bethany and Dan were so awesome! They were an absolute pleasure to work with. We found them online and really liked their work. After meeting with them over the phone, we knew they were a good fit for us. Though they had to travel for our wedding, they were incredibly punctual (in fact, a bit early). They jumped right in once they arrived and made us feel comfortable while also ensuring that we were going to get pictures of our wedding day that captured everything we wanted. Bethany and Dan worked incredibly well together, with each throwing out different ideas, splitting us up for individual pictures, and both making sure our time was used efficiently. Dan made us feel extra special in finding and scouting out ahead of time a new place where we were able to take photos just outside of Acadia National Park near Bar Harbor. We were very happy with our "sneak peek" photos and are so excited to see the rest of them!

• I

Ian · Married on 10/14/2017

From our initial phone call, to our engagement photos, to the wedding itself, Bethany and Dan were amazing. We are SOOO glad that we were able to work with them. They encouraged us to express our true selves and somehow managed to capture that in photos that are beautiful, timeless, and real. Everybody that we've shared our photos with has commented how great they are and how they really captured how they were feeling during the day.

Bethany and Dan are an amazing team and we appreciated being able to work with both of them - they were friendly and flexible throughout everything. We really enjoyed working with two photographers who so clearly know each other's movements and styles (instead of having a second shooter). They are both incredibly creative, thoughtful, and detail-oriented. We appreciated how easy their communication was with us and all of the little things they did to make sure that we were comfortable.

Thank you Bethany & Dan!! It was really so much fun to work with you and we can't say enough how happy we are with both our engagement session and wedding photos!

Mikhaila · Married on 09/10/2017

I stumbled across Bethany and Dan pretty early on. From the second I skimmed through their website I was wowed and felt I didn’t need to search any further. I reached out to them and we promptly set up a teleconference. Their work had already sold me, but getting to chat with them and get a feel for their personalities sealed the deal.

From the initial planning stages through our wedding day Bethany and Dan stayed in contact, whether through email or by mail. It’s very apparent that they value their clients and that thought goes into every little thing that they do. They were always available to answer any questions we had or address any issue that came up. By the time our wedding day arrived we couldn’t wait to meet them!

Bethany and Dan arrived on sight on our wedding day, and my husband and I both felt like it was meeting an old friend. They were both warm and inviting and had the type of personality that put even the most nervous of people (both of us that day!) at ease. They were an absolute joy to work with. You can tell they adore their clients, their craft, and one another. We had so much fun with them! Not only did we enjoy their presence, but our families did as well.

I could hardly wait for the photos to arrive and was that bride that checked her email daily even though I knew it would weeks before anything came through. When they did, I was floored. These photographs that captured on our wedding day were beyond anything I could have ever imagined or hoped for. I cried with joy as I relived those special moments, looking through he gallery. THEY. ARE. STUNNING. I cannot begin to guess how many times I’ve looked through them. With our gallery, we were able to go through and select favorites, but I couldn’t. Each and every photo is my favorite for one reason or another. Not only are we extremely happy with the photographs we received, we’ve also received countless compliments on our wedding photos from friends and family.

Liz · Married on 06/07/2017

These guys are the best! Not only do they take incredible photos, they make it fun! They came all the way out to Iceland with us to take dramatic wedding shots in some of the most beautiful places on earth. We all had a great time together and the photos came out INCREDIBLE. I would highly recommend them to anyone in need of a wedding photographer, you really can't find better or more talented people to work with.

Maddie · Married on 05/28/2017

Bethany & Dan are the absolute best! They are so much fun to be around and they really calmed us down on wedding day. We had so much fun going through all of the great shots they got during the reception- it was such a treat to re-live our special day! These two have an awesome energy and take the most fun and creative pictures- we highly recommend them!!!!

Sabrina · Married on 05/20/2017

Best. Photographers. EVER. Seriously, I need another occasion that I can have Bethany & Dan photograph. We were lucky enough to snag Bethany and Dan for both our engagement photos and our wedding day as well. As someone who is very into details and timelines, Bethany and Dan made me feel completely at ease on the day of the wedding. We talked prior to lay everything out. From the timeline of the day, to family photos and table photos they were there and ready! The pictures are AMAZING. I did not expect as many as we got - holy cow! And they are all awesome! In addition, my husband and I opted not to get a videographer even though we had a choreographed first dance. Bethany and Dan captured every spin and turn to perfection. Bethany & Dan Photography came highly recommended to me and I have been telling everyone about them!

Kristen · Married on 01/15/2017

Bethany & Dan are the absolute best! They were so responsive, clear with their instructions and then the best wedding photographers on top of it. There are literally hundreds and hundreds of photos where all of our guests, family & my husband and I look amazing. Everyone walked away from my wedding loving their spirit and professionalism. I have no idea how they took so many great shots, kept us on schedule & still have time to make friends with our bridal party. They were so on top of things leading into the wedding and the day of. HIGHLY recommended!!

Abby · Married on 09/17/2016

Best photographers HANDS DOWN. Bethany and Dan are professional, personable, and talented artists. Working with them is a pleasure from start to finish. They care about the process and getting to know you before the event.

While shooting, B+D make you feel comfortable behind the camera. If you tend to feel a little on the awkward side, they make it way easy. You may surprise yourself!

They are masters at capturing “the moments” in a creative, unique way leaving you with original photographs that feel organic yet beautiful.

So thrilled to have a collection of wedding photos we can look back on, be proud of, and remember exactly what the best day of our lives felt like.

Thank you Bethany and Dan!

Monika · Married on 09/10/2016

Bethany and Dan were both so wonderful to work with. Their photos are beautiful and so special. They did an amazing job of not only capturing all of the colors of the day, but all of the emotions as well. They also took the time to help my husband and I feel comfortable and relaxed as we navigated our way through several surprisingly stressful moments on our wedding day. They were a very calming presence that I really appreciated. It was so great to work with them!!

Kate · Married on 09/04/2016

After seeing Bethany & Dan in action at not one, but two friends’ weddings, my husband, Mike, and I knew we had to have them as our wedding photographers.

In addition to being impressed by their beautiful photographs, we were really attracted to them as people. We felt comfortable being ourselves—something we feared would be impossible while standing in front of a camera. During our engagement session, there were times we forgot we were being photographed. Bethany & Dan helped us truly relax and have fun with it, which resulted in the most incredible photos.

A lot of our wedding guests commented that “it felt like there were 5 Bethany & Dans at the wedding.” Everywhere we turned, they were there capturing the moment. But they were never in the way; they were just in the right place at the right time.

The morning of the wedding, Bethany asked if she could ride with my dad and me to the church. I was hesitant at first, but agreed to let her join us. In hindsight, having Bethany with us was one of the best decisions I made all day. She helped me remain calm, talking to us as if she had known us for a lifetime, all the while snapping awesome candids of my dad and me in the backseat. She was a part of such a special moment without being intrusive—a difficult balance to strike. But she nailed it!

It’s safe to say what we enjoyed most about working with Bethany & Dan, aside from the incredible and unique photos that we now have forever, is that their love for each other is contagious. It’s so hard to feel awkward or rigid or unnatural when you’re with them.

Their work speaks for itself, but the experience you take away from working alongside them is priceless.

We cannot recommend Bethany & Dan enough! We look forward to any opportunity to work with them again in the future.

Meghan · Married on 09/03/2016

Stop reading this and go book them. Now.

Bethany and Dan were phenomenal to work with from our initial contact. They are easy to contact, have great ideas, and even served as a resource for us on things like the timing of events throughout our wedding day, colors, and other things that they had seen work well.

When our schedules made finding time for an engagement shoot difficult, Bethany and Dan were incredibly patient, and ultimately ended up traveling to do the shoot on the one weekend that worked for us. We had a blast working with them, and the pictures were absolutely stunning.

At our wedding, we received many comments from guests that Bethany and Dan were everywhere, but also nearly invisible. They have a calming effect on the day, and are incredibly skilled at instructing people in order to get natural looking shots.

Abigail · Married on 08/13/2016

I mean, I don't know what I can say that hasn't already been said.
    Bethany & Dan are incredible, and were an integral part of our wedding. They brought great vibes, were super professional and the photos are outstanding. We've been looking at them at night and just dying over how beautiful they are. I want to print them all. Literally not one bad pictures. I wish these guys were able to photograph my entire life. HIRE THEM!!

Katherine · Married on 07/09/2016

Pictures are incredibly important to me, so when it came time to choose our wedding photographers, my fiancé (now husband!) and I started looking right away. We booked Bethany and Dan without having met them, before our venue and other huge details were even 100% solidified! We just had a good feeling about them, and man, were we right! During planning phone calls and emails they helped us nail down a timeline, arranged for quite a few big family shots, and helped figure out a backup plan in case of inclement weather. They took lots off our shoulders and made sure everything ran smoothly. Knowing how badly I wanted our portraits outside, they took a huge risk in the rain and decided to go for it. It looked iffy for a while, but the rain stopped for the hour that we needed it to, and our photos are incredible. We are so lucky to have had photographers who understood our vision and took a chance to help see it through. Working with people who LOVE their job and get positively giddy during shoots made it such an enjoyable experience for us. They entertained one-year-olds to get their best smiles, found amazingly green spots on the Appalachian Trail, laid down on a wet dock to get our reflections in the lake, and did some super creative work with umbrellas, just to name a few highlights. We are lucky to count Bethany and Dan as new friends, and we will forever be grateful for the stunning work they did to caption our special day. Now the only problem is deciding which pictures to print, since they are ALL amazing. Thank you, Bethany and Dan!!!

• Sara

Sara · Married on 06/18/2016

Hands down best wedding photographers out there and we feel so lucky to have had them photograph our special day. Bethany and Dan are simply AMAZING!!! They captured our special day so beautifully. We truly enjoyed working with them and they are just two people you love to be around. We used them for both engagement photos and on the wedding day and they made us feel so comfortable and at east. We so enjoyed having them there on the day of the wedding - they blended in so nicely and had such a calming presence. They made the whole process so enjoyable and seamless as they are easy to work with, organized and professional. We could not have asked for better photographers!! We love Bethany and Dan!!

• O

Olivia · Married on 06/04/2016

My fiance and I booked Bethany and Dan for our engagement session. They were amazing photographers and the end result was absolutely stunning. They both have great but different eyes for photos, so we got a variety of shots (After trekking all over beautiful Acadia National Park, you wouldn't believe that our favorite photo was in a parking lot fern - per Bethany's crazy suggestion!). Their personalities are fun and easygoing, which made working with them comfortable. We were only temporarily living in Maine, but I now wish we had booked them for our Wisconsin wedding! I would recommend Bethany and Dan to anyone looking for an engagement photographer.

AJ · Married on 04/02/2016

Bethany and Dan are the best. But I knew that before hiring them and they totally lived up to the hype that I had set in my head.
    I have now worked with Bethany and Dan for both professional (work) shoots and now personal (Wedding) shoots and they do not ever disappoint.

They ask all the right questions beforehand and are extremely professional on site during events. For our wedding, we did a shoot beforehand and only had to leave the reception or 5 minutes to take some couple shots, the rest of the time it felt like Bethany and Dan weren't there because they seamlessly blended into the crowd to get the best candid shots.

I can not recommend them enough.

John · Married on 03/13/2016

Bethany and Dan Photography was far and wide the best decision we made when planning our special day. They work perfectly together as a team. Their mix of creativity and professionalism is spot on. They both make you feel so comfortable and really know how show you how to be the best you, you can be in a photo. The images they captured and created were very polished and finished and they obviously have an incredible eye for the perfect photographic moment. They captured romantic, intimate moments as well as fun, whimsical, silly photos. We felt complete trust in the direction they were going and the final product was beyond our expectations. The photos they gave us will forever remind us of how special and beyond our expectations our elopement was, and for that I am eternally grateful.

We had Bethany & Dan for our wedding this fall and they were fantastic, not only as a presence in the ceremony/reception, but in their continued help and service afterward. Investing in the pictures for the wedding was one of the best decisions we made, and this effort to pick the best here pays off for a lifetime with the memories. They are, quite simply, amazing.

• User4203926 · 2+ years ago

Bethany and Dan are nothing short of AMAZING! My husband and I were married on October 17, 2015 in Boston, and did both our engagement photos and wedding photos with them. We initially found out about Bethany and Dan from two of our good friends who used them as their photographers for all their wedding related events. We saw their engagement photos, and I immediately asked for their contact information and emailed them that night. They were such an absolute pleasure to work with. They made every part of our planning so enjoyable. They were attentive, generous, helpful, responsive, prompt, and always made us feel so so so comfortable. We truly could not have asked for a better experience. And, come on, let's talk about their photos.. GORGEOUS! Every person we've showed our photos to is so impressed by their beautiful work. My best friend and her fiancé are now using their services for their wedding! Words cannot express how fantastic the Bethany and Dan duo is. We absolutely adore them!