Best Western Posada Royale Hotel & Suites Reviews

18 | Simi Valley, CA

18 Reviews for Best Western Posada Royale Hotel & Suites

LILIBETH · Married on 08/15/2015

From day one (early February of this year), Ms. Tracy Shaughnessy has been nothing but professional, pleasant, friendly, accommodating, over-all A+++ with all our needs, until the day of our wedding day. Weeks before the wedding, there were last-minute changes (beyond our control) with the original venue for our ceremony and when we contacted Tracy, she did everything in her power to have our ceremony at the courtyard of Best Western even though there was another party scheduled on the same time/date. My husband, Ronald and I are very pleased with everything from the hotel staff to the location/amenities. Thank you for making our wedding day special. Our guests (families and friends) were very impressed and received nothing but praises from the ceremony to the reception for their wonderful magical experience on our wedding day. *To add, because of Tracy’s contacts (vendors), we are very pleased with our wedding DJ (James Reed) with Coastal Events (He's awesome!) and the delicious cake (Skiff’s Cakes in Simi Valley). Over¬all, we are very blessed to have been guided throughout this planning and met wonderful people on this journey. More power to Best Western Posada Royale!!! Keep up the good work.

Sent on 08/25/2015

Mel · event on: 08/15/2015

Tracy, has been very helpful throughout the entire process. She made the event more special and we enjoyed having her to be a part of it!

Sent on 08/26/2015

Cam · Married on 09/21/2014

We had a small but beautiful wedding here. The flowers in the courtyard as well as surrounding the hotel were blooming at the perfect time!! We were able to take a lot of our wedding pictures at the hotel and utilized the flowers in the background. My family stayed at the hotel for 4 nights and we were really satisfied with our stay. The staff were really attentive at the wedding. Tracy, the event manager was so helpful and flexible with our many requests. I would definitely recommending anyone who would like an intimate wedding here.

Sent on 10/14/2014

Mirna · Married on 06/16/2014

Tracy and the staff were wonderful. Tracy is a pleasure to talk, always with a smile on her face. The staff went beyond the call of duty.

Sent on 09/30/2014

Therese · Married on 06/20/2013

Don't you have anymore stars! Our event was perfect and completely painless. As guests changed food requests and made time changes, your staff hospitably, cheerfully, complied . I was hearing horror stories from my the bride about the venue she was using for the wedding. I enjoyed meeting Tracy and the staff. There was not one request they couldn't handle, including a lovely and delicious dinner for our Vegan guest.

Sent on 06/25/2013

Kristen · Married on 06/16/2013

The Best Western did a great job with corresponding quickly and were very accommodating to our specific needs. We even requested the event be inside at the last minute and they complied. The food was delicious and the presentation of everything was delightful and lovely. All of our guests had wonderful things to say.

Sent on 07/16/2013

Arlene · event on: 06/15/2013

I just wanted to say thank you soo much for all your hard work for the party. I am so happy with the service I am provided with at the events I have had at your hotel. The staff is amazing and I couldn’t have asked for anything more. I will definitely have another party there. I know my daughter will always remember her Sweet 16 and her Graduation party. Your service and attentiveness to details was more than I could have asked for. I appreciate everything your staff did to accomidate us.

Sent on 06/18/2013

Arlene,

I have had the great opportunity to work with you on 2 of your events. It is ALWAYS a pleasure working with you and I look forward to working with you again on your next event!

Tracy Shaughnessy
    Catering & Events Manager

Alice · Married on 06/15/2013

My Bride had decided on a wedding venue in simi valley, so that started my search around for a rehearsal luncheon spot. Once I spoke with Tracy and experienced her professionalism and commitment to helping make this event be exactly what my client wanted, I was sure we'd booked the right venue! The rehearsal wedding luncheon was perfect! The staff, food and the presentation were to my expectations (and they are high) My bride was so happy and it got the guests into the right spirit of celebration to start of the weekend wedding!
    Alice Issac
    Wedding Coordinator

Sent on 06/25/2013

Susan · event on: 12/08/2012

The Catering Manager Tracy was Great! She gave my daughter ideas on planning her Sweet 16 for 100 teenagers. Every little detail was covered and went smoothly. The kids liked how it looked inside and that is a surprise from teenagers. We got a room suite that was beautiful after a long night with the kids. This is a hidden gem in Simi.

Sent on 02/10/2013

Ann · Married on 06/10/2012

This hotel was the site for our family and friends to stay and gather for the wedding weekend, and also for our rehearsal dinner. We simply cannot say enought positive things about our overall experience. The accomodations were excellent, and don't let the Best Western title fool you. It is much nicer than your normal Best Western. We even had friends who did not stay there because of the name, and they were sorely disappointed when then they saw how nice it was. The breakfasts were delicious, with a full range of food, including an omelet bar. We were able to spend great visiting time over breakfast, at the Elephant Bar next door (we reserved the banquet room for mealtimes), and out by the pool.
    Our rehearsal dinner was on the beautiful, flower- filled patio. The food was delicious and the service excellent. We did not get a chance to do a tasting, so took a chance. We have no regrets, and can particularly recommend the Chicken Royale dish.
    The staff was eager to please, and working with Tracy and Caroline was very enjoyable.
    We recommend this hotel unequivocably. The Browns

Sent on 06/18/2012

Alan · event on: 08/24/2013

Tracy listened to what we had in my mind for the event and helped to suggest everything that would make the event a success from the menu to table/overall room configuration to timing. She was extremely flexible in letting us come in and decorate the evening before as there was no event scheduled and every time I emailed
    a question, I always had an answer back within a very short period of time. Tracy and her staff were so attentive during the event......appetizers, ice tea and coffee came out right on schedule as did dinner and the quality of all the food was very good! For the money, you just can't beat the service and venue provided by
    the Posada Royale....THANK YOU Tracy and Staff!

Alan Curtis

Sent on 08/30/2013

Alan,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. You and your team of family and friends were truly a pleasure to work with. I am looking forward to working together again in the future.

susan · event on: 12/08/2012

A pleasure working with catering director. Always, available. Tries hard to make the event special. Staff does good job serving, etc

Sent on 01/31/2013
  • User2994899 · event on: 12/01/2012

Perfect venue. A pleasure to work with. Already have date set for 2013

Sent on 01/18/2013

clarissa · Married on 06/03/2012

Great place and service overall. Will come again, and book my next party...

Sent on 06/13/2012

Best Western Posada Royale Hotel & Suites's reply:

Thank you Clarissa for your kind comments. I will look forward to working with you on your next event!

Raegan · Married on 07/07/2007

3.5

Nearly everything was perfect with this location. We were married in a church so we only had our reception at the hotel and they were very flexible in working out the pricing for everything. Tracy was wonderful and so helpful! My only complaint was that the table cloths from the hall were misplaced and we were charged for all of them. Our suite was beautiful and all of our guests received discounted rooms. The food was great and there plenty of options to choose from. We had so much fun despite the small size of the room. We packed the place but it was still wonderful!

Sent on 09/26/2008

Katie · Married on 06/16/2012

3.5

We had a block of rooms for our guests. Our guests enjoyed staying at this hotel because of the Elephant Bar next door and the free breakfast at the hotel. Depending on how many rooms are booked, you may get a discount on a bridal suite or even a free suite! Also, depending on how many guests stay at this hotel, they may offer you a shuttle to the event. I thought the bridal suite was a little overpriced.

Sent on 07/02/2012
  • User6463027 · Recently married

3.2

Not the best communication

Our wedding turned out fine in the end, but the communication was not great. The salesperson was hardly ever in the office when I called/emailed and would only answer one of my list of questions each time so I'd have to keep calling and emailing again and again to get each one answered. It turned out okay in the end, but was NOT easy to plan.

Sent on 06/01/2019

Antoinette · Married on 06/20/2014

2.6
      2.0
      1.5

The venue itself was very beautiful! A lovely place for a small-medium wedding. The rooms were very nice! the food was great, wine was great, and it was a killer deal!!! The venue itself was 5 stars!!! The people who helped with the food and service were great, and overall it really turned out great.

My major concern really was with the lack of responsiveness, I received with the wedding planner, as well as the misinformation I was given. Due to the lack of characters I can put on here, I will keep in short. Get any agreements in writing! Be sure you save all emails as well as any voice mails. I dealt with a lot of stress the last few weeks to my wedding due to changes made, words not kept, and lack of care that was put into my special day. I paid a lot of money for my wedding and wanted everything flawless. That was very difficult dealing with the staff there.

Sent on 09/28/2014

Best Western Posada Royale Hotel & Suites's reply:

Thank you to all of our clients that take the time to share your experiences with us. We strive to make each event special and provide the best service possible and by sharing your feedback with us we learn and grown from each event. Looking forward to more reviews :)