Best Day Ever Officiant Reviews

51 Reviews for Best Day Ever Officiant

• Amanda

Amanda · Getting married on 01/01/2022

Truly the Best Day Ever Officiant

John is absolutely amazing! I'll be honest, we were a little skeptical having someone officiant our wedding that we didn't have a close relationship with but, by the end of our experience/ceremony we felt like we had known him for years! He was super professional, took the time to learn who we were as individuals and as a couple, was very responsive and was very organized and definetly knows what he is doing! He truly made our day the Best Day Ever and I highly recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 02/13/2020
  • Sean

Sean Fooks · Getting married on 07/08/2021

It was pure magic, and John was the conductor.

When I was planning my wedding, just like many people, I wanted mine to be perfect (or at least as close to perfect as possible). I spent so much time researching, calling, price negotiating, and so on. The entire process was very stressful, confusing, and expensive. That is, except my experience with John Candler. When I was looking for an officiant, I looked online and read many reviews. I looked at their faces, and tried my best to imagine their personalities. I know this sounds bad, but I simply didn’t have the time, energy, or desire to meet multiple pastors, priests, nuns or whoever to find the perfect officiant. When I saw the reviews for John, the people described a person that was warm, professional, and simply great at what he does. So I sent him a message, hoping that he was available for our special day. He quickly replied, within minutes, and let us know he was available. He directed us to his website for more information, photos, reviews, and rates. His website was professional and inviting, so I booked him. Months went by, and we occasionally spoke. He asked me to answer some questions on an email, and then he followed up with a phone call. As we approached our wedding day, I realized that I hadn’t met John in person yet, and the outdated version of me got worried. I asked myself silly questions like, “Will he be here? Will he be on time? Will he know what we want? Will he be good?” Not only did John show up on time, he completed the picture as soon as he arrived. He arrived with his iPad in hand, and as we waited to walk down the aisle, he stood with me, prayed with me, encouraged me, and assured me that my wedding was going to be awesome! Within minutes, I felt that I had a new friend in John, someone who I could trust entirely. It was pure magic, and John was the conductor. I couldn’t be more thankful for his willingness and commitment. I will never get married again, but if I had to, John would be my number one choice.

Sent on 10/29/2019

Michael Cavelero · Getting married on 04/07/2021

Creativity, inspiration, optimism, enthusiasm, dedication - Everything you are looking for

Best Day Ever Officiant - It's not just a claim, it is an earned title. With so many pieces contributing to your best day ever, John Candler and Best Day Ever Officiant have you covered on leading your best possible ceremony. Have the confidence that John will take care of you. John took the time to get to know us, to understand our history and relationship, enabling him to create a deeply and meaningfully connected ceremony for us. John is terrifically insightful and creative. He used these talents in forming a ceremony that was personal, that was moving, and that we will always remember. John's personality is wonderful. He brings optimism and enthusiasm, letting his energy build you up and give you confidence to relax and just enjoy your most special day.

Sent on 07/24/2020
  • Jana

Jana Leicht · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Best Officiant Ever!

John was amazing from start to finish helping us plan our ceremony and vows. His warm and caring presence put us at ease and his sense of humor made us sure that he was the one for us. Our ceremony was honestly perfect, he truly made our big day the "Best Day Ever!" We will forever be grateful to John for all of his help and guidance. I promise if you pick him you will have the Best Day Ever too!

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Craig

Craig Lewis · Getting married on 01/08/2021

Best Day Ever is an understatement!

I can't say enough good things about John!! From the moment he got there until he left we absolutely enjoy not only the service he provided but his company as well! Everyone in attendance asked at one point or another, how long I had known John, did we work together or how we seemed to be pretty close friends! I had only met John when he showed up for the wedding! Thanks, John, and I'm sure we will meet again!!

Sent on 11/21/2019
  • Meredith

Meredith Barrett · Getting married on 09/09/2020

He made our day the best ever!

John was one of our favorite parts of our wedding and truly made our big day the best day ever. Thanks to him, our ceremony was a perfect combination of fun and serious. He was eager to hear our story and tailored to our vision for the ceremony. We can't thank him enough for the absolute amazing day. Thank you, John!

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Matt

Matt Piepenburg · Getting married on 09/05/2020

Absolutely delightful from start to finsih!

John Candler is a wonderful person, officiant and addition to any special day. (He's also a talented musician!) Whatever the venue, style or setting, John will add to the joy and excitement and I recommend him without hesitation.

Sent on 05/14/2020

Marina Abramova · Getting married on 08/22/2020

Best Decision We Made! John Was Amazing.

John officiated our social distanced wedding ceremony in May. Overall the experience was amazing and I would highly recommend hiring John.

Because my fiance is not religious and I am, we had previously been told by pastors that they would not marry us. It was a breath of fresh air to connect with John, who didn't judge and was so welcoming and willing to come out to do a wedding for us during the COVID pandemic.

Initially we were able to do a FaceTime meeting to discuss what we wanted out of our ceremony. John was well prepared and sent us questions to think about before the call. After that, we had several good email exchanges and that's it! Then on our wedding date, John showed up and was very warm and professional. He personalized the whole ceremony to us and our story, and it really made it special, fun, and memorable. We had everyone after the wedding telling us that this was the best officiant they've seen so far! We couldn't be happier with our choice. Thank you, John!

Sent on 05/11/2020
  • Fatima

Fatima Maldonado · Married on 07/17/2020

Very friendly and down to earth

John told us a lot about himself, his hobbies, and passions which was a nice icebreaker to get to know him and feel comfortable around him. He was so intrigued when my fiance and I told him our love story and that really made us happy to share that part of us with him. John is easy to talk to and easy to reach! We are very excited to have him marry us.

Sent on 12/19/2019

Nicole H · Married on 07/12/2020

Couldn’t have been better!

John did an amazing job for our wedding ceremony! His energy is unmatched and you can truly tell how much he loves love! We would highly recommend him to any and all couples for wedded day bliss!

Sent on 07/19/2020
  • Paige

Paige M Jones · Married on 07/11/2020

Couldn't Be Happier!

It's a daunting experience finding your most important vendor for your wedding day on-line. We hit the jackpot when we found John from Best Day Ever! Our ceremony was personable, warm and fun. It seemed like we were old friends from the start. Family and friends loved the ceremony. He made our day our Best Day Ever!

Sent on 07/18/2020

Stephanie Herring · Married on 07/11/2020

John really did help to make this the "Best Day Ever" - We are so thankful!

From the moment I first reached out to John, I was impressed by his responsiveness. When planning a wedding, one of the most important aspects is being able to contact your vendors and hear back from them in a timely fashion. I never had to wait for a response from John to my emails, texts, or phone calls. He was always ready to answer any questions, reassure us, do a quick facetime call, or meet up in person. John took the time to get to know me and my husband and the ceremony felt very personal. He really listens to what is important to the couple and individually tailors the ceremony to fit your love story and wants (as far as timing, religion, humor, etc.). Our experience with John did not feel like a hired officiant, but a long time friend that was able to perfectly capture our story. John made both planning the ceremony aspect of our wedding and the legal side of getting married A BREEZE. I can not recommend him enough. The name "Best Day Ever" is very fitting for John. :)

Sent on 07/22/2020
  • Brett

Brett Blackburn · Married on 07/10/2020

Excellent Ceremony

From the first email, phone call, and meeting it was very genuine that John loves officiating weddings and he did his absolute best to help make our day even that much more special. John was awesome to work with and was very quick to respond to any emails or texts for questions that we had. The ceremony was perfect for us; he infused our story, humor, and appreciation for all of our guests. So many of our guests complimented how great the ceremony turned out, and John took time to speak with many of our friends and family afterwards. Would highly recommend Mr. Candler for anyone!

Sent on 10/23/2019

Robin Olson · Married on 07/04/2020

Best Officiant Ever!!!

John was a joy to work with! He was responsive and flexible which in these times of COVID was such a relief! When we had to change our venue last minute, he was willing to drive the extra time to be a part of our big day. He worked with us to create a ceremony that captured our personal story and created such a memorable experience for us on our wedding day. Our guests loved our ceremony just as much as we did. Laughter, love, and tears all around! John really is the best!

Sent on 07/26/2020
  • Andrew

Andrew Smith · Married on 06/12/2020

Flexible, outgoing and kind.

On a Saturday, me and my fiance (I mean WIFE) decided to tie the knot the following wednesday. We reached out to John and he made sure that that would happen. He was extremely easy to work with and seemed to truly be happy to help us out. 'Best Day Ever Officiant" should be John's middle name!

Sent on 12/20/2019

Brittany Arnold · Married on 06/07/2020

Fabulous! Fun and professional :)

Super easy to work with. Fabulous person! He made the wedding so fun and relaxed. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 06/28/2020

Krista Nagan · Married on 05/12/2020

John really does deliver The Best Day Ever!

When people are asked about their wedding day, most will say "It was the best day of my life." But in reality, if you dig deeper into that question, they will begin to tell you all of the little things that went wrong on this day. Well, was it really the best day ever then? Our wedding was.

We can honestly say that hiring our friend John to perform our ceremony was crucial in ensuring we had a magical ceremony. For starters, John was extremely personable and took the time to connect with us on several occasions before the ceremony. Through three conversations he was able to perfectly capture our unique story and retell it to all of our guests. He was charismatic, funny, and serious when need be. It was such a blessing meeting John and having him be part of our special day, The Best Day Ever.

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Yingying

Yingying · Married on 05/09/2020

Amazing officiant, responsive and flexible!

We hired John as our wedding officiant. He is such a kind person! He was trying to make our wedding as unique as possible by listening through our stories and discussing our needs. During COVID situation, planning a wedding was very stressful. But he was very patient, responsive and proactively recommends alternative plans for our wedding. This means a lot to us!

Sent on 07/11/2020
  • Anna

Anna Stockmon · Married on 03/05/2020

Not just an officiant, but also a friend

We could not make a higher recommendation for an officiant than we could for John. When we met him, we spent at least two hours at a restaurant talking, laughing, and getting to know each other. He's so easy to talk to, and wants to make sure he tells your story to your guests rather than just officiate a legal ceremony. He's also super funny, engaging, and charismatic - he's everything you want in an officiant! Regardless of if you want a religious or a civil ceremony, he will make sure that he properly represents you.

We had planned to marry in May, but with the pandemic we had to postpone our wedding to 2021. We still had John come to do our small, virtual wedding, and he did an amazing job. What could turn into an awkward, muted video call felt just as engaging and fun as the real thing, with him checking up on our virtual guests and keeping them entertained. If you've had to postpone your ceremony and want to go virtual, John's your guy. We have loved working with him so much, that we've become friends and also plan on having him officiate our bigger, in-person vow renewal and reception next year.

If you're looking for clarity or a sign, this is it. John's your guy and we will vouch for him for ANYONE! :)

Sent on 05/09/2020

M Maleki · Married on 02/16/2020

Delightful experience

John was so great and made our special day more memorable and special for us, our friends and family...highly recommend him!

Sent on 02/28/2020
  • Maureen

Maureen Sun · Married on 02/14/2020

Soooo great

So easy to work with, and really helpful and productive!

Sent on 02/25/2020

Christine Gibson · Married on 01/10/2020

Made our special day truly the best

My husband and I had waited quite a while to book an officiant for our wedding (probably too long according to any wedding planning timeline). We knew how important this piece would be, but we weren't quite sure who or what we wanted exactly. Through our internet searching, we found John and it was like a light bulb went off. I knew he would be amazing (I mean, just look at his reviews!) before even talking with him, but our FaceTime meeting completely solidified things. You can tell right away how much he loves officiating and hearing all about your story. He is so genuine in his excitement for you that it gives you such a great feeling about your big day, like it's just the right fit. Not only does he ask you certain questions to get to know you as a couple, but he gives great advice on developing the ceremony outline. He crafts something that is truly unique to you as a couple and it was absolutely perfect for us! He came all the way up to Snohomish and arrived early to chat with us a bit beforehand (which I think helped calm my nerves!). His confident, but calm nature is everything you can hope for during your ceremony. Thank you, John, so much for making our day truly amazing and the best ever!
    - Christine & Chris

Sent on 01/18/2020
  • Robin

Robin Lynn · Married on 01/04/2020

Best Day Ever

So long story short, we had been planning our wedding for a full year. We kept in touch with john thru email and texting to make sure we were all on the same page. He is very easy going, flexible, and professional. Everything else with the wedding that could go wrong did. Due to the corona virus outbreak, the venue cancelled on us, the honeymoon resort cancelled on us and the governor putting us on stay at home orders really the final straw. Literally last week we started seeing articles on VIRTUAL WEDDINGS. We asked John if he could so this and he said yes. All in all the wedding moved to our back yard with just me, my husband and John. Everyone else was on video chat thru facebook. We decorated a table outside, and inside for cake and flowers. Other then a delay on getting everyone online, it turned out great. He was very patient with us trying to get everyone online to watch the wedding. He was very good about keeping his distance and using sanitizer to keep us all safe. John is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Sent on 04/02/2020
  • Josh

Josh Wilde · Married on 12/21/2019

Wonderful! Everything we could have hoped for!

John was the best officiant we could have asked for! He got to know us, asked all the right questions and made our ceremony personal, funny and overall wonderful. We are so thankful he was part of our wedding day!

Sent on 12/23/2019