Best Ceremonies Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Susan
    Susan G. Married on 12/27/2021

Loving, Kind and Brilliant!

We gave Janet so little time to prepare and yet our guests thought she had known us for years. I appreciate her generosity, flexibility, kindness and professionalism. She brought the perfect balance of everything to our ceremony.

Best Ceremonies's reply:

Oh Susan! What a beautiful review. Your wedding during the holiday season was so beautiful and such a special joy! I'm so grateful to have shared this amazing day with you and William!! Thank you so much!!
    Katie Married on 12/04/2021

Worth every penny!

My husband and I first met Janet at our friends wedding four and a half years ago. We knew then that she would be a perfect fit for our own wedding someday and she really was. She is just as amazing then as she is now. Super kind, friendly, and communicative. The thing that we loved the most and many other people at our wedding also complemented her on was her ability to speak very clearly in both Spanish and English. She truly made our wedding ceremony so memorable and special.

Best Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much Katie for your kind and thoughtful words! It's wonderful to know you and all your guests really enjoyed your wedding. It was such a joy to be with you all. May the best blessings of happiness and love surround you both always!
  • Ariana
    Claudia Married on 10/15/2021

Thankful we found Janet Westall as our Wedding Officiant!

Janet was amazing from the moment we had our consultation till the wedding day! The process was enjoyable and seamless. She took the time to get to know my fiancé and me and made the ceremony extremely special and personal. There was constant communication and I never had a moment of doubt because she was on it! Very happy we found her!

Best Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much for your thoughtful and kind words! It was such joy to get to know you and Hector. Your wedding was so beautiful. The vows you both wrote were perfect. t's joy to know you really enjoyed your wedding! May the very best blessings surround you always!
  • Maureen
    Maureen N. Married on 09/05/2021

Highly Recommend Janet!

Janet was a joy to work with. She was responsive, professional, flexible with our last minute plans and kept in constant communication with us. I was able to customize my 'last minute' surprise ceremony. We owe her a huge thank you for making our special day so memorable!

Best Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind word, Maureen. Your wedding was so much FUN and I am so grateful to you and Pat for inviting me to be part of such an amazing wedding.
    Chris A. Married on 09/01/2021

Wonderful ceremony!

We were so happy and glad we chose Janet to officiate our wedding ceremony. Her scheduling flexibility, accommodating manner and professionalism made our experience even better.
    From our first conversation through planning and ceremony, Janet was insightful and delivered a highly personalized ceremony for us.
    We would highly recommend her.

Best Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much Chris for your thoughtful and kind words. It's such a joy to know you both really enjoyed your ceremony. May the happiest blessings surround you always!
  • Lianne
    Lianne M. Married on 06/26/2021

Family Oriented and Professional!

We were so happy that we had Janet to officiate our wedding ceremony. Her schedule was flexible, professional, and she made our experience beyond perfect. I am so pleased that she was part of my special day, she is so natural, welcoming, sweet, and professional. I highly recommend her to anyone getting married or redoing vows! It was an honor to have her be part of our special day.

Best Ceremonies's reply:

Oh Lianne! Thank you for such a wonderful review. I am so grateful to have been part of your amazing wedding so filled with love and happiness. Live Oak Park was perfect setting for your marriage-elegant and BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Patty A. Married on 05/12/2021

Amazing Janet

We are so blessed we came across Janet Westall when we were looking for an officiant. She brought so much tenderness and loving harmony to our ceremony. Her voice is soft and tenter that made every word she said much more meaningful. She is organized, responsible, puntual, so sweet, and was prepared to make our ceremony so memorable. Thank you Janet for being our officiant, we couldn’t have asked for a better one.

Best Ceremonies's reply:

Oh Patty1 Thank you for your kind review. You and Anthony's marriage ceremony was "once in a lifetime WONDERFUL!" It was such an honor and such a joy for us all to be just dazzled by your special day-so joyous and so filled with love! WOW!!!!
  • Aura
    Aura J. Married on 04/02/2021

Highly recommend!

We loved every minute of our ceremony with Janet. Our experience with her was excellent every step of the way. We had a bilingual ceremony and Janet made it happen beautifully. Our guests were impressed and complimented Janet on her calming and relaxing voice. We highly recommend her!

Best Ceremonies's reply:

Oh Aura! Thank you so much for your thoughtful and kind words. I am so excited that your guests enjoyed your wedding.
  • Ryan
    Ryan N. Married on 09/26/2020

A delight on our big day.

Janet was an absolute delight; responsive in the lead up to our big day, then a wonderful support through our small, pandemic-centric ceremony, which she conducted with a warmth and care that made her feel part of the family.

Best Ceremonies's reply:

Oh Ryan, thank you so very much for a kind and thoughtful review. You have such a wonderful community of family and friends that's easy to snuggle into the warmth and love you all share. The very best to you and Ryan always!!
    Alison S. Married on 08/01/2020

We loved Janet!

Janet is awesome!! we loved having her be apart of our special day. Definitely recommend her! You will not regret it.

Best Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much! I LOVED being with you both!! May the richest blessings of happiness and love surround you both always!!
  • Avery
    Avery Married on 07/04/2019

So accommodating!

Janet was great. We threw her for a loop with our wild bunch and plans to take a shot at the ceremony and she handled it well. She was very helpful and informative on how everything was going to go. Always responded very quick to emails. She is so sweet and already knew to get out of the way before our first kiss without me having to ask at rehearsal. We really enjoyed having her.

Best Ceremonies's reply:

Oh Avery, thank you so much for your kind words! Your wedding was just AMAZING. You all looked so FABULOUS!! And I will never forget your stepdad's wonderfully creative Lemon Drop mix at your ceremony. What great friends and family! WOW!!!
  • Bettie
    Bettie Married on 11/10/2018

The best ceremony I could have ever wished for.

Janet Westall is like an old friend the moment you meet her. She is warm, caring and was so attentive to what we wanted.
    My husband and I were married, and then divorced decades ago. But we found our way back to each other. When we decided to remarry, we chose our original wedding date to have the ceremony. It was more like a reconfirmation of our vows. We didn't want to have the big ceremony like we had before, so we decided it would be a surprise wedding. We had just bought a house so we told everyone it was a house warming party. Janet Westall played along so perfectly. I introduced her to people as a friend and she blended right into the party - that is until she announced that we were getting married - again - right then! Everyone was confused, at first, then so surprised and happy for us. We are both of Irish decent and wanted to incorporate an old Irish tradition into our ceremony. We had a basket of stones and everyone chose one, not knowing why. Janet then explained that they were now a part of our marriage and would support us like family. Each person then made a wish for us, pressing it into their stone and then the stones were collected from each of them and sit in an honored spot in our home. I think that some of the most priceless moments of the ceremony was when she would reiterate the "getting married, again" point of the vows. Everyone was laughing and crying tears of joy for us. Janet couldn't have done more - she was perfect.

Best Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much Bettie! I was so touched by your thoughtfulness in sharing all the wonderful feelings of this amazing day. I shall always remember all the joy as your guests surrounded you with their excitement and love. Hugs to you both!!
    Adri B. Married on 08/24/2018

The best of everything

I had the best time at my ceremony! Janet really knows how to make the best ceremony to be Remembered! She added some things that I asked if it was possible to add and she was so helpful with everything! I am from Mexico and she even added some things to say in Spanish! My husband and I and everyone else loved the ceremony! She is the best and I am so greatfull i really really recommend her! ...... thank you so much Janet 💝
    Kurt A. Married on 07/13/2018
    I was very skeptical we were so last minute with our wedding day. We found Mrs. Westall through the internet, she took our phone call even though she was out of town with her husband.
    Mrs Westall met us that same day and after only spending one hour with her I felt like we knew each other for years. She sent us a couple of ceremonies to review they where both perfect but we chose one again the ceremony was perfect so perfect our guest asked if she was a friend or a relative.
    She handled everything as a professional but personable as well
    Would recommend her a million times over

Best Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much for your great review. Your wedding was so much fun and it was such a delight to share this beautiful day with you both!
    Rebecca M. Married on 06/24/2017

Great experience with vendor

Personal and professional service. Would recommend.

Best Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much Rebecca. In these busy, busy times, I am so very grateful for your kind comments and thoughtfulness!!
    Alice Married on 12/30/2016
    Janet was an amazing officiant who formed a relationship with my partner and that felt like
    that of an old friend, with the eloquence of a professional officiant. Incredibly organized and provided amazing guidance when designing our ceremony. Flexible (even running through our rehearsal at 9pm at night in two different locations (in case of rain!). So positive , kept us laughing, and really was a calming presence prior to and during our wedding ceremony.

Best Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It was such a delight to be with you all. So it was a joy to spend as much time as we needed to make sure your rehearsal was great. Your wedding was so beautiful because it really reflected all the love you both share. Thank you for inviting me to be part of this amazing day!
    Ashlyn Married on 04/24/2016
    Janet was so easy to work with and helped make our ceremony exactly what we wanted, she made my husband and I so comfortable from day one and was extremely felxible with last minute changes to the ceremony. We are very thankful and happy with our decision to have Janet be the one to play such a big part of our day and would absolutely reccomend her to anyone that is looking for an officiant!
    Chris Married on 04/24/2016
    Janet was not only personable, but very professional and clearly experienced in her field of work. She always kept in contact with us and replied in a timely manner. I would highly reccomend her to other couples.
    Leah Married on 04/23/2016
    Janet is an absolutely wonderful officiant. She was responsive and helpful during the planning process, and insightful and positive during the inventory/relationship counseling session we did beforehand. During the wedding itself she was prepared and professional, and we got lots of comments from our guests on how sweet and loving our ceremony was. A+!
    Taira Married on 04/15/2016
    Bilingual and willing to work with you to make your ceremony special and add the special touches you want!!
    Alex Married on 03/18/2016
    Janet was an incredible force in lead up to and during our wedding. We met with her for planning sessions in advance of the wedding and each step of the way she gave us clear direction and guidance based on her experience. Her style is warm, calming and enthusiastic. On the day of our wedding, she was one of the main reasons our ceremony came together as well as it did and her overall presiding over the ceremony left us feeling like we were in excellent, experienced, professional hands, and we were! Cannot thank Janet enough for helping to make our day so special.
  • User2608109 2+ years ago
    Janet Westall did a great job! She was very personable and helpful. She made our day extra special.
    Katy Married on 01/31/2016
    Janet made us feel like family from the first moment we met her. I highly recommend her!!
    Christie Married on 12/19/2015
    It was clear upon meeting Janet, that she would be the perfect person to perform our wedding. Before meeting her, she was much more pleasant and genuinely excited for us than any other officiant we reached out to in correspondence.

Janet quickly became a new member of the family as she guided us through the planning of our ceremony. She gave excellent feedback on our vows as well as readings, and provided wonderful instruction in what makes for a heartfelt and meaningful vow.

Janet's fun personality, as well as genuine care, quickly made us think of her as our "wedding mom". She made the entire process seamless and we received so many compliments as to how beautiful our ceremony was and how much it reflected our personalities. We were at ease and encouraged throughout the planning, the rehearsal, and the ceremony itself. Janet helped create this atmosphere. She is a wonderful person and we are happy that she was a central role in the most important day of our lives.

Best Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much Christie, for inviting me to be part of such a WONDERFUL wedding so filled with beauty and laughter and love. It's a day I will always remember because I got to spend it with you and Eric. You're just THE BEST!