Bernard Alexis Photography Reviews

42 | Selden, NY

42 Reviews for Bernard Alexis Photography

Anne · Married on 04/08/2017

Bernie is an exceptional, truly skilled photographer. His flexibility and ease during all aspects of our wedding day provided a perfect harmony of subtle, candid shots and beautifully directed portraits. He worked as a "fly on the wall" while we both were getting ready (to the point where we truly forgot he was there!) and found ways to gorgeously integrate our various accessories (jewelry, pocket knife, socks, clothing, bouquet, boutennieres) with the decor of the wedding venue, creating photos that are memorable and unique to our day.

His easygoing nature and lighthearted sense of humor helped him to blend in perfectly (WITH EVERYONE - my mom is still raving how much she loves him)! And he is NOT afraid to go the extra mile for that perfect shot - I don't know that I've ever witnessed a man army crawling in the desert to get a wedding portrait!

Bernie is passionate about his process and his artistry; this in turn resonates with his personality and the finished product. My husband and I weren't sure how awkward we would look in our photos just by nature of our goofy personalities - but Bernie coached us quickly and captured the best elements in all of our images; they are natural, emotional, and memorable. You will NOT be disappointed - we are so, so lucky and fortunate to have had him celebrate our day with us!

Ps My mom says hi!

Sent on 04/20/2017

Kathleen · Married on 03/04/2017

After searching for a photographer who took natural photos but also really understood lighting, I came across Bernard's work. I was thrilled with his portfolio and could not wait to book him! Bernard and his team were one of the absolute highlights of our special day. Bernard and his second photographer Marcin were not only warm and easy to work with, but they also kept us laughing and smiling the whole day. We never felt over posed or uncomfortable. Every minute was enjoyable and the pictures came out incredible. I wasn't expecting to be so excited about telling people about our photographer but I can only say amazing things about Bernard. I want to recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 05/01/2017
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 12/10/2016

Bernard was a phenomenal photographer. He made us feel incredibly comfortable right off the bat. For our engagement shoot, Bernard captured the light and beauty of our surroundings perfectly. During our wedding day, he managed to get every shot he knew we would want when the day was over. As the night went on, I didn't even notice he was around! (this is a good thing). If you are unsure, check out his portfolio online. It speaks volumes.

Sent on 01/18/2017

mariela · Married on 11/05/2016

Bernard was awesome!!! He was great to work with and very professional. I was very stressed out on my wedding day and it helped a lot that he was calm and collective. His work is amazing as he was able to capture all my wedding details. My husband and I are very happy with all our wedding pictures. Thank you Bernard and I will definitely recommend you to friends and family.
    Mariela & Wil

Sent on 03/09/2017

Nicole · Married on 10/23/2016

We recently used Bernard for our wedding and he was amazing. So sweet and very professional. He made sure we were extremely happy with our shots and came up with innovative ideas for new photos.

Sent on 10/12/2016

Rhyan · Married on 10/22/2016

Bernard was GREAT!!! We used him for our engagement pictures in September 2016 and then at our wedding on 10/22/16. Working with him is like working with a friend you have known for years. He made us feel very comfortable on such an overwhelming day. Even when I didn't have my wedding day schedule set, Bernard was ready to roll with the punches! He was able to get all of the pre-wedding stuff, the guys and girls, even when us girls were 20 minutes away from the guys in a hotel getting ready. At the wedding he was never in the way or stopping us every second of a picture, like everyone said photographers do, we were able to enjoy our wedding while Bernard was snapping away taking amazing pictures! Bernard has a down to earth personality and he was such a pleasure to work with!!!

Sent on 01/27/2017

Maddison · Married on 08/06/2016

Bernard captured our day very well! He gave us a great mix of candid shots that captured the emotion of the day, as well as classic wedding photos we all like to have.
    He was wonderful to work with. He made taking photos an enjoyable experience.
    The photo quality was amazing.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Bernard was incredible! His down-to-earth personality contributed to a stress-free wedding. He was a pleasure to get in touch with prior to the wedding and was more than happy to address any idea or concerns I had, especially in the last few months leading up to the wedding. I would highly, highly recommend Bernard!

Sent on 08/01/2014

Tara · Married on 02/09/2013

My wedding was on February 9th 2013, when long island was hit with one of the worst blizzards ever the night prior, leaving most of us with 3ft of snow. I had over 30% of guest no show due to the weather/road conditions and more then one vendor cancel/show up late. Bernard was the first one at the venue, within minutes of my arrival & was ready to go. I was amazed. He was professional and comfortable to work with. I got nothing but compliments on him and he was by far one of the best decisions ive made regarding my wedding. I would highly recommend him and would defiantly use his services in the future, no questions asked. Couldnt be happier with his work.

Sent on 03/06/2013
  • Sherrell

Sherrell · Married on 10/12/2012

Bernard Alexis provided amazing service. He captured every magical moment of our special day. Bernard has given us awesome memories to cherish forever.

Sent on 10/18/2012

joanna · Married on 07/11/2012

we loved bernard... very friendly cooperative and on time... sweet guy...thanks
    and of course we are very happy with our pics...the night was great

Sent on 08/09/2012

Evelyn · Married on 05/12/2012

Bernard was such a welcome addition to our wedding! His professionalism and craft were apparent throughout the day. With minimal direction from me he was able to get get the shots needed and the final photos were gorgeous. He was creative in capturing the moments of the day and his rates fit my budget. Many of my guests commented on his pleasant and professional manner. I felt fortunate to have had him as my photographer on such a special day in my life and certainly would recommend him to others.

Sent on 06/11/2012

Gina · Married on 07/09/2011

I used Bernard Alexis Photography for my wedding. He was extrememly personable and professional. He is a pleasure to work with and all my guests raved about his service.

Sent on 07/26/2011

Kate · Married on 05/28/2011

Bernard was awesome..Beautiful pictures, professional, fun and very reasonable prices.. Sooo glad we found him

Sent on 07/31/2011
  • F

Dennis · Married on 04/30/2011

Bernard was wonderful...He was completely professional and attentive to all our needs....The pictures captured everything and were crystal clear. We would highly recommend Bernard to anyone looking for photography services!! Thanks for everything Bernard!!!!

Sent on 05/20/2011
  • Dianna

Dianna · Married on 07/25/2010

We choose Bernard for our wedding photography and boy did we make the right decision. He did a great job while we were getting ready in a small hotel room with with like 10 people plus him before the wedding.

Bernadr was incredibly professional and laid back. This was great because he could deal with all of my excited bridesmaids, our goofiness, my mother and all of our other relatives. He was in no way controlling but had great ideas and suggestions. He listened to what we wanted, captured moments we had hoped for, and more than I expected!

The pictures were truly amazing, I could not ask for more. He clearly has experience and can capture a couple in traditional and non-traditional settings which we totally loved. Plus (and trust me I know weddings can get sooo expensive), his deals were really good for what he delivered.

Loved it. I fully recommend him from the bottom on my heart. He is just a good guy and good photographer. Period.

Sent on 05/08/2011

Derek & Stephanie · Married on 10/07/2017

3.5

Bernard and his team were very helpful throughout the entire process. You can always count on their responsiveness and flexibility. Best of all, his team was incredibly friendly and was a lot of fun to spend time with!

Sent on 11/24/2017