26 Reviews for Bernard Alexis Photography

Matted Prints (1)
Prints (1)
Proofs (1)
26 Bernard Alexis Photography Reviews

My husband and I used Bernard Alexis for our wedding day on 11/4/17 and it was one of the best choices we made when planning our wedding!!!! Bernard is truly SO talented in his picture taking abilities and has "the eye" that every bride and groom wants for their pictures. Not to mention he is kind, funny, humble, flexible, accommodating, extremely professional and made us both feel super comfortable in front of the camera (which was a concern of ours that quickly faded once we took our engagement pictures). Bernard and his assistant captured the most important day of our lives so beautifully and you cannot put a price tag on that!!!!! I would recommend him to anyone; my best friend is using him next year and another one of my friends used him last year. I have a feeling I will be seeing him a lot as the weddings keep happening!! ;) Thank you to Bernard for absolutely amazing pictures and for making us feel so comfortable. We are forever grateful!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Taylor, 11/4/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints, Proofs, Thank You Cards, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Custom Graphics, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Slideshow, Toning

Working with Bernard as our photographer was one of the easiest and best decisions that my husband and I made during our wedding planning. From the start he was very responsive and made us feel very comfortable! On top of all of that his work is incredible and he captured our day perfectly. We were so worried about having someone follow us through out the day but Bernard & his partner, Marsen, really fit in with our family, friends and loved ones to capture all of the intimate moments without making anything feel too forced. Do yourself a favor and hire him as your wedding photographer, you will not be disappointed!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Andrea, 10/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bernard was amazing and wonderful at what he does. I couldn't have asked for more, when I saw my photos it was like reliving my wedding all over again. There were photos I didn't even know he took and the quality is so beautiful. Would definitely recommend him!

Profile Picture Heather, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I can not say enough good things about Bernard. I felt as if he was our friend taking photos of us. He was never pushy or taking us away from enjoying our time, and our pictures are gorgeous. Could not be happier that we found him!

Profile Picture maria, 9/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Albums, Digital Files, Thank You Cards

Bernard was such a pleasure to work with and we are SO THRILLED with the pictures he took and how he was able to capture our day. He worked with us and listened to our thoughts and concerns along the way.

The pictures are gorgeous and we were so lucky to have him and his team with us on our wedding day.

Rave reviews for days- Bernard is a great guy and talented photographer.

Thanks Bernard!!

Profile Picture kathryn, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bernard is a professional. He went above and beyond to capture engagement and wedding photos. I highly recommend his business based on my experience. The photos came out excellent.

Profile Picture David, 8/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Bernard was such a great choice! We wanted fun, natural pictures with a lot of candid's and Bernard gave us EXACTLY what we wanted. He was very flexible an accommodated some requests that we had, like traveling to two houses to ensure he got both wedding parties before the church. He was so good two of my close friends booked him based on my wedding!

Profile Picture Cristyn, 7/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I could not be more pleased with Bernard as a person and artist. He is accommodating, talented and easy going. My fiance and I took our engagement photos in November with Bernard and were extremely pleased with the experience and the results. The shoot was supposed to be 90 minutes however, he spent at least two and a half hours with us and our golden retriever. My fiance and I do not conform to the selfie happy picture snapping culture and therefore feel a little uncomfortable behind a camera however, Bernard made us feel at ease. His reassuring manner made us feel comfortable making our pictures look natural rather than overly orchestrated. I am really looking forward to working with him again on our Wedding Day in July!

Profile Picture Julianne, 7/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Bernard is a truly gifted photographer with an incredible eye. Words cannot express how happy my husband and I are that we chose to work with Bernard on our wedding day. My husband and I are two of the least photogenic people on the planet...we are awkward and uncomfortable in front of a camera and shy away from photos at every opportunity. I was dreading having to pay for pictures that I would hate and regret taking once I saw them.

Once we met Bernard, we knew that this would not be the typical "pose and smile" type of shoot that we so despise. His affable nature and sense of humor put us at ease, and we had a blast taking our engagement photos and were beyond pleased with the results. The process was fun, and working with Bernard was like hanging out with an old friend. Without any plan for our engagement shots, we let Bernard follow his eye and ended up with incredibly unique, gorgeous pictures I couldn't have thought of taking even if I had been scouring Pinterest for inspiration.

On our wedding day, Bernard and fellow photographer Marcin were such a joy to work with. Bernard had me cracking up as I went through the whole "Should I smile? Where do I look? Where do my arms go?" routine. He was very patient and was able to get natural shots that captured the emotion of the day. We ended up having heavy rain on our wedding day, but Bernard was quick to come up with ideas that gave us beautiful pictures. He went the extra mile at every turn. He got very wet. I even trusted him to take my not-yet-donned wedding dress outside in the rain to get a gorgeous shot and I was so glad I did-the picture was perfect.

I have been in many weddings and our experience with Bernard was like no other. His professionalism, craft, and personality are unparalleled. I can not express how fortunate we were to have worked with such an talented photographer and such an awesome person. You're the best Bernie!! SO, so highly recommended.

Profile Picture Katlyn, 5/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations

Bernie is an exceptional, truly skilled photographer. His flexibility and ease during all aspects of our wedding day provided a perfect harmony of subtle, candid shots and beautifully directed portraits. He worked as a "fly on the wall" while we both were getting ready (to the point where we truly forgot he was there!) and found ways to gorgeously integrate our various accessories (jewelry, pocket knife, socks, clothing, bouquet, boutennieres) with the decor of the wedding venue, creating photos that are memorable and unique to our day.

His easygoing nature and lighthearted sense of humor helped him to blend in perfectly (WITH EVERYONE - my mom is still raving how much she loves him)! And he is NOT afraid to go the extra mile for that perfect shot - I don't know that I've ever witnessed a man army crawling in the desert to get a wedding portrait!

Bernie is passionate about his process and his artistry; this in turn resonates with his personality and the finished product. My husband and I weren't sure how awkward we would look in our photos just by nature of our goofy personalities - but Bernie coached us quickly and captured the best elements in all of our images; they are natural, emotional, and memorable. You will NOT be disappointed - we are so, so lucky and fortunate to have had him celebrate our day with us!

Ps My mom says hi!

Profile Picture Anne, 4/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

After searching for a photographer who took natural photos but also really understood lighting, I came across Bernard's work. I was thrilled with his portfolio and could not wait to book him! Bernard and his team were one of the absolute highlights of our special day. Bernard and his second photographer Marcin were not only warm and easy to work with, but they also kept us laughing and smiling the whole day. We never felt over posed or uncomfortable. Every minute was enjoyable and the pictures came out incredible. I wasn't expecting to be so excited about telling people about our photographer but I can only say amazing things about Bernard. I want to recommend him to everyone!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 3/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Bernard was a phenomenal photographer. He made us feel incredibly comfortable right off the bat. For our engagement shoot, Bernard captured the light and beauty of our surroundings perfectly. During our wedding day, he managed to get every shot he knew we would want when the day was over. As the night went on, I didn't even notice he was around! (this is a good thing). If you are unsure, check out his portfolio online. It speaks volumes.

Profile Picture Zoe, 12/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bernard was awesome!!! He was great to work with and very professional. I was very stressed out on my wedding day and it helped a lot that he was calm and collective. His work is amazing as he was able to capture all my wedding details. My husband and I are very happy with all our wedding pictures. Thank you Bernard and I will definitely recommend you to friends and family.
Mariela & Wil

Profile Picture mariela, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We recently used Bernard for our wedding and he was amazing. So sweet and very professional. He made sure we were extremely happy with our shots and came up with innovative ideas for new photos.

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bernard was GREAT!!! We used him for our engagement pictures in September 2016 and then at our wedding on 10/22/16. Working with him is like working with a friend you have known for years. He made us feel very comfortable on such an overwhelming day. Even when I didn't have my wedding day schedule set, Bernard was ready to roll with the punches! He was able to get all of the pre-wedding stuff, the guys and girls, even when us girls were 20 minutes away from the guys in a hotel getting ready. At the wedding he was never in the way or stopping us every second of a picture, like everyone said photographers do, we were able to enjoy our wedding while Bernard was snapping away taking amazing pictures! Bernard has a down to earth personality and he was such a pleasure to work with!!!

Profile Picture Rhyan, 10/22/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Bernard captured our day very well! He gave us a great mix of candid shots that captured the emotion of the day, as well as classic wedding photos we all like to have.
He was wonderful to work with. He made taking photos an enjoyable experience.
The photo quality was amazing.

Profile Picture Maddison, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My wedding was on February 9th 2013, when long island was hit with one of the worst blizzards ever the night prior, leaving most of us with 3ft of snow. I had over 30% of guest no show due to the weather/road conditions and more then one vendor cancel/show up late. Bernard was the first one at the venue, within minutes of my arrival & was ready to go. I was amazed. He was professional and comfortable to work with. I got nothing but compliments on him and he was by far one of the best decisions ive made regarding my wedding. I would highly recommend him and would defiantly use his services in the future, no questions asked. Couldnt be happier with his work.

Profile Picture Tara, 2/9/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bernard Alexis provided amazing service. He captured every magical moment of our special day. Bernard has given us awesome memories to cherish forever.

Profile Picture Sherrell, 10/12/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

we loved bernard... very friendly cooperative and on time... sweet guy...thanks
and of course we are very happy with our pics...the night was great

Profile Picture joanna, 7/11/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Bernard was such a welcome addition to our wedding! His professionalism and craft were apparent throughout the day. With minimal direction from me he was able to get get the shots needed and the final photos were gorgeous. He was creative in capturing the moments of the day and his rates fit my budget. Many of my guests commented on his pleasant and professional manner. I felt fortunate to have had him as my photographer on such a special day in my life and certainly would recommend him to others.

Profile Picture Evelyn, 5/12/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I used Bernard Alexis Photography for my wedding. He was extrememly personable and professional. He is a pleasure to work with and all my guests raved about his service.

Profile Picture Gina, 7/9/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bernard was awesome..Beautiful pictures, professional, fun and very reasonable prices.. Sooo glad we found him

Profile Picture Kate, 5/28/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bernard was wonderful...He was completely professional and attentive to all our needs....The pictures captured everything and were crystal clear. We would highly recommend Bernard to anyone looking for photography services!! Thanks for everything Bernard!!!!

Profile Picture Dennis, 4/30/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We choose Bernard for our wedding photography and boy did we make the right decision. He did a great job while we were getting ready in a small hotel room with with like 10 people plus him before the wedding.

Bernadr was incredibly professional and laid back. This was great because he could deal with all of my excited bridesmaids, our goofiness, my mother and all of our other relatives. He was in no way controlling but had great ideas and suggestions. He listened to what we wanted, captured moments we had hoped for, and more than I expected!

The pictures were truly amazing, I could not ask for more. He clearly has experience and can capture a couple in traditional and non-traditional settings which we totally loved. Plus (and trust me I know weddings can get sooo expensive), his deals were really good for what he delivered.

Loved it. I fully recommend him from the bottom on my heart. He is just a good guy and good photographer. Period.

Profile Picture Dianna, 7/25/10, 1 Review