Bernard Alexis Photography Reviews

42 | Selden, NY

42 Reviews for Bernard Alexis Photography

• Kate

Kate Smit · Getting married on 02/07/2021

Bernard made our photos stress-free!!

Bernard was so amazing to work with! He was kind, funny and very personable. I really have no idea what to do when it comes to posing for photos, but Bernard has all the experience and knows what to do! He made our photo sessions fun and easy! I felt like I made a friend! We just received our wedding album, and the photos are AMAZING!!!! I get the chills looking back on our special day, and he made that happen. You have to put a lot of trust in someone to take your wedding pictures, and I 100% recommend Bernard. :)

Sent on 10/20/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole DeLaRue · Getting married on 11/14/2020

Bernard is AMAZING!!

Bernard is such a pleasure to work worth! He made us feel so comfortable at our engagement shoot and the photos came out amazing! So excited for the wedding later this year!!

Sent on 01/10/2020

Kat Lipovac · Married on 11/23/2019

Bernard is incredible.

Choosing Bernard as our wedding photographer was the best decision of our wedding. He is so talented. Bernard is accommodating, responsive and an absolute pleasure to be around. Photos and photo style were very important to me. I spent a lot of time researching photographers and I was blown away when I came across Bernard’s Instagram page. Bernard’s photos are not cookie cutter or basic he’s a true artist. Bernard is invested in his couples and he creates a real relationship with them. We loved Bernard so much and the photos he captured of us and our wedding day are so special. I’d hire Bernard a hundred times over again.

Sent on 04/26/2020

Anthony Barnett · Married on 11/10/2019

Everything we needed

Bernard presence and professionalism made our night run smooth and enjoyable

Sent on 12/11/2019

Kira Andrade · Married on 11/09/2019

Amazing photographer!!

Amazing time with Bernard, he clearly knew what he was doing and made it a great experience. Would definitely recommend to others!

Sent on 12/01/2019
  • Paige

Paige · Married on 10/12/2019

Beautiful artistic, natural, candid photos

My husband and I were looking for a photographer who could capture our day as naturally as possible. We weren't looking for posed photos but rather truly in the moment images. Bernard's photos were initially what drew us to him, but after speaking with him, we loved him even more. He made us laugh and made us feel so comfortable. He truly understood exactly what we were looking for and helped us pose to help us look our best, and took photos of every detail of the day. Our photos came back within weeks of our wedding and they were all truly impeccable. He took some of the most candid and artistic photos. I will treasure these forever. I highly recommend him and his team.

Sent on 12/17/2019

Marta R. · Married on 09/13/2019

LOVED working with Bernard!

Bernard is talented, personable, and absolutely someone you want on your team the day of your wedding, I highly recommend him! He did the photography for our wedding and our engagement shoot. For the engagement shoot we got the photos back within a month, and they were absolutely gorgeous. The website for viewing the images and downloading them was also very easy to use.
    As for the wedding, he was wonderful. He kept everyone laughing and put people at ease; all of my bridesmaids said he was the nicest guy they met and they really enjoyed hanging with him throughout the day. My maid-of-honor even said that if she gets married, she would want him as her photographer. He made everyone feel comfortable, and I think the pictures will definitely showcase that. He’s sent me a sneak peek image from the wedding, and I absolutely love it. The colors, placement, and background look stunning, I really don’t know how he does it!
    And that brings me to the best quality of Bernard’s, and that is he has a vision. I really didn’t have many ideas by way of photography, including what I wanted to have pictures of and who. It was honestly all a little overwhelming! But Bernard listens to your thoughts and ideas (even if you only have a few) and then extrapolates it. He created little photoshoots with everything—shoes, dress, veil, rings—while we were all getting ready, and then had lots of great ideas for taking pictures with everyone in the bridal party as well. I really didn’t have to worry about anything, he knew what I liked and what he wanted to take pictures of and I felt completely comfortable leaving it all in his hands. He would periodically show me photos he had taken on his camera, and I was shocked by how pretty I thought I looked! I feel like I don’t normally photograph well, but he knows all the good angles.
    The best part of all, I’ve had guests tell me they really liked him, and my mother-in-law mentioned that he was always there to take a picture of anything significant or funny happening at the wedding. He did all this while still keeping to the background.
    I loved working with Bernard, and I highly recommend that others hire him for their weddings or any other special events! You absolutely won’t regret it!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Pamela · Married on 08/17/2019

Simplify the Best

Bernard is such a down to earth person & keeps you calm and relaxed! He was immediately responsive throughout the whole wedding process and he made everything so easy; you can certainly depend on him! We could not be any happier with our engagement photos and wedding photos - they are simply amazing. He will capture all of your special and candid moments on your wedding day, which allows you to relive your day so easily! We are SO THRILLED and could not have asked for anything more from Bernard. We have beautiful photos for a lifetime thanks to him. You will be in amazing hands!!!

Sent on 10/09/2019

Taylor · Married on 03/22/2019

AMAZING photographer & person!

I would hire Bernard again and again ! Not only is he AMAZING at what he does but he’s the nicest guy and an absolute pleasure to be around all day! My pictures came out better than I could of imagined !!

Sent on 05/02/2019

Alyssa Agostino · Married on 10/05/2018

I cannot say enough good things about Bernard Alexis Photography!!!

I was in a pinch to find a wedding photographer about 2 months before my wedding and Bernard was our saving grace! I am SO happy I stumbled across his info, he was a pleasure to speak with, explained everything on the phone and really took his time to create the perfect wedding package for us that fit our budget. He worked AMAZINGLY well with my videographer, you would have thought they were a team! He was so professional and so sweet, my husband and I do not like taking pictures at all, in fact we were very hesitant to even book a photographer, but I am SO happy I chose Bernard he made things so comfortable, simple and easy for us. The most amazing the about Bernard - his turn around time. I was SHOCKED at how quickly I received all my photos after hearing other couples horror stories on how long it took for them to get their photos. The photos were absolutely perfect, he truly was outstanding at capturing all the special moments of our day, when I was looking through the photos I really felt like I got to re-live the experience. I am so grateful I will have these photos to always look back on - thank you Bernard, you are the best!

Sent on 12/13/2018

Carissa · Married on 09/29/2018

Highest reccomendation

We hired Bernard for our engagement and wedding photos. Only after just meeting him, we recommended him to my brother and his fiancé because he was just such a GOOD GUY. We knew we would be comfortable with him on one of the biggest (and most stressful) days of our lives. And day of the wedding, he was fantastic. He was calm, professional, and fun. He felt like a friend. We have already asked him to take maternity photos when the time comes! We say one of our biggest regrets of our wedding is that we didn’t get a picture of him with us. Beautiful photos, great guy, we can’t recommend him enough.

Sent on 10/21/2018
  • Stephen

Stephen · Married on 09/29/2018

Five stars is not enough!

We hired Bernard for our wedding and engagement photos and couldn't be more satisfied with his service. He was incredibly patient with us and met with us one-on-one multiple times ahead of our first shoot. His incredibly friendly demeanor immediately put us both at ease. Both my wife and I are naturally private people and neither of us would say we feel particularly comfortable in front of the camera or being in the spotlight, but Bernard was great at making us laugh and allowing our true personalities and love for one another to come through in the photos. During our engagement session and wedding day, he made us feel so comfortable that we forgot the cameras were even there. He was also incredibly accommodating in our engagement photos by allowing our little (and uncooperative!) dog to participate, and he captured photos of us all together that we will cherish forever. He was meticulous in his preparation for the wedding, asking us in the days leading up which shots we wanted, who we wanted included, etc. and in hindsight, we are SO glad that he knew which questions to ask, because there was literally not a single moment or person left out of the photos. He did such a wonderful job at capturing our big day, and our smiles are beaming every time we look through the album. The whole process and end result couldn't have turned out any better and we cannot recommend him HIGHLY enough.

Sent on 11/21/2018

Brittany · Married on 08/25/2018

Bernard was AMAZING!!! He helped our day run smoothly and got so many incredible shots. He was also very patient with me while I tried to get photos with my rowdy dog (a must have for me!). All of my guests complimented on how well he and his assistant did with capturing great moments and being part of the party rather than obtrusive. I HIGHLY recommend Bernard to anyone!!!

Sent on 09/02/2018

Aggie · Married on 08/11/2018

Simply put - the best!!

Bernard was absolutely amazing!! All photos from our engagement session and wedding were absolutely beautiful. He was truly able to capture our love, our personalities, and any details we worked on to make our engagement session and wedding special to us in very creative and fun ways. He was very responsive, understanding, and flexible with all of our planning. We're incredibly happy with everything he's done for us, and we would recommend him in a heartbeat. Thank you, Bernard!! :)

Sent on 03/24/2019

Lindsay · Married on 06/23/2018

Great guy, great photos!

I can't say enough amazing things about Bernard Alexis Photography. Both Bernard and his assistant were so incredible to work with. They made the day fun and stress free and still managed to get all the amazing photos we wanted. His turn around time for both the engagement and wedding photos was extremely quick and they turned out better than we could have imagined. I can't wait for someoget married so we can uWould 100% recommend!

Sent on 12/13/2018

Raquel · Married on 04/06/2018

Bernard was absolutely amazing. He made us feel so special and knew what our wants and needs were. He was simple and easy to work with and made the night of our wedding Seemless and captured every moment! He made us feel so important and like we were family!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Taylor · Married on 11/04/2017

My husband and I used Bernard Alexis for our wedding day on 11/4/17 and it was one of the best choices we made when planning our wedding!!!! Bernard is truly SO talented in his picture taking abilities and has "the eye" that every bride and groom wants for their pictures. Not to mention he is kind, funny, humble, flexible, accommodating, extremely professional and made us both feel super comfortable in front of the camera (which was a concern of ours that quickly faded once we took our engagement pictures). Bernard and his assistant captured the most important day of our lives so beautifully and you cannot put a price tag on that!!!!! I would recommend him to anyone; my best friend is using him next year and another one of my friends used him last year. I have a feeling I will be seeing him a lot as the weddings keep happening!! ;) Thank you to Bernard for absolutely amazing pictures and for making us feel so comfortable. We are forever grateful!!!!!!!

Sent on 12/21/2017

Andrea · Married on 10/22/2017

Working with Bernard as our photographer was one of the easiest and best decisions that my husband and I made during our wedding planning. From the start he was very responsive and made us feel very comfortable! On top of all of that his work is incredible and he captured our day perfectly. We were so worried about having someone follow us through out the day but Bernard & his partner, Marsen, really fit in with our family, friends and loved ones to capture all of the intimate moments without making anything feel too forced. Do yourself a favor and hire him as your wedding photographer, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/09/2017

Bernard Alexis Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Andrea! It was a pleasure being a part of your wedding and I particular appreciated how your everyone treated me like I was family! :)

Heather · Married on 10/07/2017

Bernard was amazing and wonderful at what he does. I couldn't have asked for more, when I saw my photos it was like reliving my wedding all over again. There were photos I didn't even know he took and the quality is so beautiful. Would definitely recommend him!

Sent on 11/28/2017

maria · Married on 09/29/2017

I can not say enough good things about Bernard. I felt as if he was our friend taking photos of us. He was never pushy or taking us away from enjoying our time, and our pictures are gorgeous. Could not be happier that we found him!

Sent on 12/13/2017

kathryn · Married on 09/09/2017

Bernard was such a pleasure to work with and we are SO THRILLED with the pictures he took and how he was able to capture our day. He worked with us and listened to our thoughts and concerns along the way.

The pictures are gorgeous and we were so lucky to have him and his team with us on our wedding day.

Rave reviews for days- Bernard is a great guy and talented photographer.

Thanks Bernard!!

Sent on 10/26/2017

David · Married on 08/05/2017

Bernard is a professional. He went above and beyond to capture engagement and wedding photos. I highly recommend his business based on my experience. The photos came out excellent.

Sent on 09/19/2017

Cristyn · Married on 07/21/2017

Bernard was such a great choice! We wanted fun, natural pictures with a lot of candid's and Bernard gave us EXACTLY what we wanted. He was very flexible an accommodated some requests that we had, like traveling to two houses to ensure he got both wedding parties before the church. He was so good two of my close friends booked him based on my wedding!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Julianne · Married on 07/03/2017

I could not be more pleased with Bernard as a person and artist. He is accommodating, talented and easy going. My fiance and I took our engagement photos in November with Bernard and were extremely pleased with the experience and the results. The shoot was supposed to be 90 minutes however, he spent at least two and a half hours with us and our golden retriever. My fiance and I do not conform to the selfie happy picture snapping culture and therefore feel a little uncomfortable behind a camera however, Bernard made us feel at ease. His reassuring manner made us feel comfortable making our pictures look natural rather than overly orchestrated. I am really looking forward to working with him again on our Wedding Day in July!

Sent on 01/12/2017

Katlyn · Married on 05/13/2017

Bernard is a truly gifted photographer with an incredible eye. Words cannot express how happy my husband and I are that we chose to work with Bernard on our wedding day. My husband and I are two of the least photogenic people on the planet...we are awkward and uncomfortable in front of a camera and shy away from photos at every opportunity. I was dreading having to pay for pictures that I would hate and regret taking once I saw them.

Once we met Bernard, we knew that this would not be the typical "pose and smile" type of shoot that we so despise. His affable nature and sense of humor put us at ease, and we had a blast taking our engagement photos and were beyond pleased with the results. The process was fun, and working with Bernard was like hanging out with an old friend. Without any plan for our engagement shots, we let Bernard follow his eye and ended up with incredibly unique, gorgeous pictures I couldn't have thought of taking even if I had been scouring Pinterest for inspiration.

On our wedding day, Bernard and fellow photographer Marcin were such a joy to work with. Bernard had me cracking up as I went through the whole "Should I smile? Where do I look? Where do my arms go?" routine. He was very patient and was able to get natural shots that captured the emotion of the day. We ended up having heavy rain on our wedding day, but Bernard was quick to come up with ideas that gave us beautiful pictures. He went the extra mile at every turn. He got very wet. I even trusted him to take my not-yet-donned wedding dress outside in the rain to get a gorgeous shot and I was so glad I did-the picture was perfect.

I have been in many weddings and our experience with Bernard was like no other. His professionalism, craft, and personality are unparalleled. I can not express how fortunate we were to have worked with such an talented photographer and such an awesome person. You're the best Bernie!! SO, so highly recommended.

Sent on 05/26/2017