Bernard Alexis Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Christina C. Married on 09/18/2021

The BEST wedding photographer out there!

Bernard was amazing to work with... and that is an understatement. He posed us for every photo- made us look and feel good even though we never had any experience with getting photos done. He has such a passion for his work and is AMAZING at what he does. On the wedding day, he was so helpful and made sure to get photos of EVERYTHING. He kept us laughing, smiling, and when we saw the results of the photos, we could not even believe that was us. Please do yourself a favor and book Bernard for your wedding!!!
  • Kate
    Kate S. Married on 02/07/2021

Bernard made our photos stress-free!!

Bernard was so amazing to work with! He was kind, funny and very personable. I really have no idea what to do when it comes to posing for photos, but Bernard has all the experience and knows what to do! He made our photo sessions fun and easy! I felt like I made a friend! We just received our wedding album, and the photos are AMAZING!!!! I get the chills looking back on our special day, and he made that happen. You have to put a lot of trust in someone to take your wedding pictures, and I 100% recommend Bernard. :)
  • Nicole
    Nicole D. Married on 11/14/2020

Bernard is AMAZING!!

Bernard is such a pleasure to work worth! He made us feel so comfortable at our engagement shoot and the photos came out amazing! So excited for the wedding later this year!!
  • Sarah
    Sarah F. Married on 10/17/2020

We love bernard!

Bernard helped us plan and organize our entire wedding seamlessly! We had a blast at the engagement shoot and for our wedding on October 17th, everything went so smoothly!
    We could not have asked for a better day and Bernards team is wonderful to work with! We CANNOT wait for our wedding part 2 and have Bernard there with us!
    Kristie O. Married on 10/03/2020

October 3, 2020

A wonderful experience with this photography company! The pictures taken were absolutely beautiful. Communication was smooth and turn around time for the photos was quick. Overall 10/10!
    Courtney A. Married on 10/02/2020

Best choice to capture our special day

Bernard was the absolute best choice I could have ever made to capture such a special day. He is genuine, laid back and truly cares about the couple. From day one he provided an above average experience when he met us at our local coffee shop to meet for the first time - he focused that meeting on getting to know the both of us as a couple, how we met, what we like most about each other and our interests to ensure he catered the experience to our unique needs. After that meeting we knew we had to book him. On our engagement shoot, Bernard was laid back and found beauty in every moment not worrying about the time we were spending (30 minutes turned into an hour and a half because we were having so much fun!) He would stop us when the light was hitting just right and even provide some helpful guiding tips since neither of us have been photographed like this before. On the day of the wedding he adjusted seamlessly to anything that didn’t go according to plan and made it fun for all of our bridal party members. He even went out of his way to ensure that my “must have” photo was captured even when I doubted we would have enough time. If you’re looking for someone who will capture the beauty of your day while also making sure the couple is having fun and relaxed - book Bernard now!
    Kev Married on 09/20/2020

Amazing!

Bernard went above and beyond for us.
    He made everything so easy and we had a lot of fun. Bernard will go out of his way to make sure you’re perfect day is perfectly captured and remembered forever. He has great ideas and amazing talent.

We HIGHLY recommend Bernard.

Our wedding wouldn’t have been the same without him.
    Julia Married on 09/18/2020

Mrs Julia Umlauft

Bernard was one of the best decisions we made with our wedding. He was amazing and captured every single moment of our wedding! You will not regret him being a part of your special day!
    Jen D. Married on 08/29/2020

Talented and trustworthy/comfortable!

Brendan and I decided Bernard was great fit for our wedding. He is a talented photographer, easy to work with, and great w communication - even booked a last minute engagement shoot a week prior! Professional, kind, outgoing, got all the right shots and helped make our day really special
    Victoria F. Married on 08/28/2020

Amazing Photographer

Bernard has been so great! The style and quality of the photos came out amazing for our engagement shoot and our small covid wedding and we can wait till next year for our 2nd wedding pictures. He worked great with our videographer we had hired. He knows how to capture the great moments even if you aren't photogenic.
  • Jacky
    Jacky B. Married on 07/25/2020

So grateful - just the best!

We are so happy that we got to work with Bernard as our wedding photographer! From the first time we met him all the way through rescheduling our wedding during the pandemic, Bernard was so accommodating and responsive, which was so helpful! He is such a pleasure to be around and he makes you feel such at ease in front of the camera, it felt like we had a friend capturing our special day. He truly invests in his couples’ happiness and made the whole process easy going. On top of that, he delivered the images earlier than expected, which was an awesome surprise and we were blow away with how beautiful the pictures turned out. We would recommend Bernard in a heartbeat!
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 07/11/2020

Truly Talented Photographer

Bernard is nothing short of amazing at what he does. From the moment my husband and I met Bernard it was an instant vibe connection, which for me that was a huge part of our decision making. Getting married during a pandemic is not an easy task but Bernard was with us every step of the way going above and beyond as we changed our date multiple times. We will definitely be using Bernard again for any professional photos we need taken and highly recommend him to all of our friends and family.
    Kat L. Married on 11/23/2019

Bernard is incredible.

Choosing Bernard as our wedding photographer was the best decision of our wedding. He is so talented. Bernard is accommodating, responsive and an absolute pleasure to be around. Photos and photo style were very important to me. I spent a lot of time researching photographers and I was blown away when I came across Bernard’s Instagram page. Bernard’s photos are not cookie cutter or basic he’s a true artist. Bernard is invested in his couples and he creates a real relationship with them. We loved Bernard so much and the photos he captured of us and our wedding day are so special. I’d hire Bernard a hundred times over again.
    Anthony B. Married on 11/10/2019

Everything we needed

Bernard presence and professionalism made our night run smooth and enjoyable
    Kira A. Married on 11/09/2019

Amazing photographer!!

Amazing time with Bernard, he clearly knew what he was doing and made it a great experience. Would definitely recommend to others!
  • Paige
    Paige Married on 10/12/2019

Beautiful artistic, natural, candid photos

My husband and I were looking for a photographer who could capture our day as naturally as possible. We weren't looking for posed photos but rather truly in the moment images. Bernard's photos were initially what drew us to him, but after speaking with him, we loved him even more. He made us laugh and made us feel so comfortable. He truly understood exactly what we were looking for and helped us pose to help us look our best, and took photos of every detail of the day. Our photos came back within weeks of our wedding and they were all truly impeccable. He took some of the most candid and artistic photos. I will treasure these forever. I highly recommend him and his team.
    Marta Married on 09/13/2019

LOVED working with Bernard!

Bernard is talented, personable, and absolutely someone you want on your team the day of your wedding, I highly recommend him! He did the photography for our wedding and our engagement shoot. For the engagement shoot we got the photos back within a month, and they were absolutely gorgeous. The website for viewing the images and downloading them was also very easy to use.
    As for the wedding, he was wonderful. He kept everyone laughing and put people at ease; all of my bridesmaids said he was the nicest guy they met and they really enjoyed hanging with him throughout the day. My maid-of-honor even said that if she gets married, she would want him as her photographer. He made everyone feel comfortable, and I think the pictures will definitely showcase that. He’s sent me a sneak peek image from the wedding, and I absolutely love it. The colors, placement, and background look stunning, I really don’t know how he does it!
    And that brings me to the best quality of Bernard’s, and that is he has a vision. I really didn’t have many ideas by way of photography, including what I wanted to have pictures of and who. It was honestly all a little overwhelming! But Bernard listens to your thoughts and ideas (even if you only have a few) and then extrapolates it. He created little photoshoots with everything—shoes, dress, veil, rings—while we were all getting ready, and then had lots of great ideas for taking pictures with everyone in the bridal party as well. I really didn’t have to worry about anything, he knew what I liked and what he wanted to take pictures of and I felt completely comfortable leaving it all in his hands. He would periodically show me photos he had taken on his camera, and I was shocked by how pretty I thought I looked! I feel like I don’t normally photograph well, but he knows all the good angles.
    The best part of all, I’ve had guests tell me they really liked him, and my mother-in-law mentioned that he was always there to take a picture of anything significant or funny happening at the wedding. He did all this while still keeping to the background.
    I loved working with Bernard, and I highly recommend that others hire him for their weddings or any other special events! You absolutely won’t regret it!
    Pamela Married on 08/17/2019

Simplify the Best

Bernard is such a down to earth person & keeps you calm and relaxed! He was immediately responsive throughout the whole wedding process and he made everything so easy; you can certainly depend on him! We could not be any happier with our engagement photos and wedding photos - they are simply amazing. He will capture all of your special and candid moments on your wedding day, which allows you to relive your day so easily! We are SO THRILLED and could not have asked for anything more from Bernard. We have beautiful photos for a lifetime thanks to him. You will be in amazing hands!!!
    Taylor Married on 03/22/2019

AMAZING photographer & person!

I would hire Bernard again and again ! Not only is he AMAZING at what he does but he’s the nicest guy and an absolute pleasure to be around all day! My pictures came out better than I could of imagined !!
    Alyssa A. Married on 10/05/2018

I cannot say enough good things about Bernard Alexis Photography!!!

I was in a pinch to find a wedding photographer about 2 months before my wedding and Bernard was our saving grace! I am SO happy I stumbled across his info, he was a pleasure to speak with, explained everything on the phone and really took his time to create the perfect wedding package for us that fit our budget. He worked AMAZINGLY well with my videographer, you would have thought they were a team! He was so professional and so sweet, my husband and I do not like taking pictures at all, in fact we were very hesitant to even book a photographer, but I am SO happy I chose Bernard he made things so comfortable, simple and easy for us. The most amazing the about Bernard - his turn around time. I was SHOCKED at how quickly I received all my photos after hearing other couples horror stories on how long it took for them to get their photos. The photos were absolutely perfect, he truly was outstanding at capturing all the special moments of our day, when I was looking through the photos I really felt like I got to re-live the experience. I am so grateful I will have these photos to always look back on - thank you Bernard, you are the best!
  • Stephen
    Stephen Married on 09/29/2018

Five stars is not enough!

We hired Bernard for our wedding and engagement photos and couldn't be more satisfied with his service. He was incredibly patient with us and met with us one-on-one multiple times ahead of our first shoot. His incredibly friendly demeanor immediately put us both at ease. Both my wife and I are naturally private people and neither of us would say we feel particularly comfortable in front of the camera or being in the spotlight, but Bernard was great at making us laugh and allowing our true personalities and love for one another to come through in the photos. During our engagement session and wedding day, he made us feel so comfortable that we forgot the cameras were even there. He was also incredibly accommodating in our engagement photos by allowing our little (and uncooperative!) dog to participate, and he captured photos of us all together that we will cherish forever. He was meticulous in his preparation for the wedding, asking us in the days leading up which shots we wanted, who we wanted included, etc. and in hindsight, we are SO glad that he knew which questions to ask, because there was literally not a single moment or person left out of the photos. He did such a wonderful job at capturing our big day, and our smiles are beaming every time we look through the album. The whole process and end result couldn't have turned out any better and we cannot recommend him HIGHLY enough.
    Carissa Married on 09/29/2018

Highest reccomendation

We hired Bernard for our engagement and wedding photos. Only after just meeting him, we recommended him to my brother and his fiancé because he was just such a GOOD GUY. We knew we would be comfortable with him on one of the biggest (and most stressful) days of our lives. And day of the wedding, he was fantastic. He was calm, professional, and fun. He felt like a friend. We have already asked him to take maternity photos when the time comes! We say one of our biggest regrets of our wedding is that we didn’t get a picture of him with us. Beautiful photos, great guy, we can’t recommend him enough.
    Brittany Married on 08/25/2018
    Bernard was AMAZING!!! He helped our day run smoothly and got so many incredible shots. He was also very patient with me while I tried to get photos with my rowdy dog (a must have for me!). All of my guests complimented on how well he and his assistant did with capturing great moments and being part of the party rather than obtrusive. I HIGHLY recommend Bernard to anyone!!!
    Aggie Married on 08/11/2018

Simply put - the best!!

Bernard was absolutely amazing!! All photos from our engagement session and wedding were absolutely beautiful. He was truly able to capture our love, our personalities, and any details we worked on to make our engagement session and wedding special to us in very creative and fun ways. He was very responsive, understanding, and flexible with all of our planning. We're incredibly happy with everything he's done for us, and we would recommend him in a heartbeat. Thank you, Bernard!! :)
    Lindsay Married on 06/23/2018

Great guy, great photos!

I can't say enough amazing things about Bernard Alexis Photography. Both Bernard and his assistant were so incredible to work with. They made the day fun and stress free and still managed to get all the amazing photos we wanted. His turn around time for both the engagement and wedding photos was extremely quick and they turned out better than we could have imagined. I can't wait for someoget married so we can uWould 100% recommend!