Ben Jamieson Photography Reviews

Ben Jamieson Photography 5
Ben Jamieson Photography 6
Ben Jamieson Photography 7

Jessica · Married on 09/24/2011

Honestly, Ben is THE BEST! Planning a destination wedding can be a little nervewracking. Atlantis gave us a few recommendations for photographers, but we weren't impressed with their portfolios. After searching through wedding blogs, we found Ben. He was amazing. His pictures are stunning and all of our guests loved him. He's got one of those personalities that makes you feel like you've known him forever. We didn't want a videographer so we needed pictures that would tell the story of our day. We got that and more!

Unfortunatly it rained on our wedding day so we couldn't take any outdoor pictures. Since we were staying for a week following our wedding, Ben was super flexible about coming back to take some portraits of us on the beach. He checked in with us the day after to let us know the weather for the next few days and gave us a tentative time based on the weather. Basically if it ended up raining late afternoon on Tuesday he would come Wednesday instead. How flexible is that? The pictures from that day are some of our favorite.

My husband does not like taking pictures and wasn't excited for that part of the wedding. Ben's style is one that he's not in your face making you pose in awkward positions. He makes you comfortable and the photos look effortless.

The most impressive part about Ben is when we got home from our Honeymoon, the disk with all of our pictures (over 1,000) was already delivered to our house in the states. I have friends that waited months for their pictures to come back; we waited 10 days!

If you're getting married in the Bahamas and Ben is available you need to book him. Just look at the pictures on his blog and you'll see how talented he is. You won't be disappointed.

Amy · Married on 09/10/2011

Ben was the best photographer we could have ever asked for. He made us feel relaxed and knew exactly what to do to and where to be to get the best photographs. They came out just beautifully. We not only used him for our wedding day, we also used him for our engagement photos and trash the dress. His pricing for everything was extremely competitive and the quality far surpasses the amount we paid. We were absolutely delighted with Ben and his talented work and have remained friends after. We HIGHLY recommend using him as your wedding photographer, his work is absolutely timeless!

Hillary · Married on 07/02/2011

Ben was so wonderful and easy to work with from every moment leading up to the wedding, the day of, and even AFTER the wedding when it came to putting our album together (which by the way, came out ABSOLUTELY beautifully). Ben is extremely accommodating and was so fun to work with. You know you have a wonderful photographer when you don't even notice him the entire wedding day. He just zipped around and snapped pictures without making a scene. HIGHLY recommend working with Ben!

Sent on 05/03/2012

Kim · Married on 05/14/2011

When it came to my wedding, photography was probably the most important factor because those photos are one of the few things you will always have to remember such a big day. I couldn’t be happier to have worked with Ben. He was professional, very hard working, but also a really fun person to have around. Ben was wonderful because he wasn’t just there to snap photos, collect a check and leave. He had a personality where everyone felt comfortable around him (we’re not all supermodels who are used to getting pictures taken all the time). He was so professional in that he kept everyone moving efficiently in the short windows you have to take group photos. We have gotten many compliments on our photos from friends and even strangers on Pinterest! Our jeweler was absolutely thrilled with the photos he got of our wedding bands. He took a ton of photos, but he is so hard working and dedicated that we got our stunning photos within a week after the wedding. I’ve had friends who have had to wait months! I would definitely recommend Ben to any bride, I feel like I got way more than what I paid for hiring him. His photography skills are just stunning!

Kelsey · Married on 02/18/2017

Easy to work with, flexible, reasonable, and FUN

Sent on 07/27/2017

colleen · Married on 02/04/2017

Ben was there for every detail I wanted captured at my wedding and my welcome party! He made everyone feel comfortable and also did my dirty work for me- bossed everyone around and got all the pictures I wanted before the sun set! He was beyond professional and speedy with his turn time on the photos. I would use him over and over again!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Ginny · Married on 09/17/2016

Ben is not only a amazing photographer, he makes the mood:-) everyone was so relaxed with him and the pictures are spectacular!!!!
    Not a choice- just a matter of whether he has your date available!!! Thanks Ben-

Sent on 08/03/2017

Jaclyn · Married on 10/25/2017

We hired Ben for our destination wedding in the Bahamas. Our shots came out stunning! Anytime I show anyone our pictures they say they look like they came straight out of a magazine. During the ceremony and reception I barley even noticed he was there but he still got beautiful pictures and he helped keep the order with my relatively wild bridal party during group shots. I would highly recommend Ben!

Sent on 01/25/2018
    Ben Jamieson Photography 8
    Ben Jamieson Photography 9
    Ben Jamieson Photography 10
    Ben Jamieson Photography 11
    Ben Jamieson Photography 12

Very good job, the pictures are fantastic! It was a pleasure to have you for our wedding day. We Will recommend you and keep in touch for other events!

Sent on 01/20/2013

Monique · Married on 10/20/2012

Ben was warm, friendly, funny and fabulous to work with. We really debated about hiring a professional based on cost, but are so glad we did. He was low key and flexible, making us feel entirely comfortable. His artistic eye, attention to detail, awareness of the surroundings, light, weather, etc., enabled us to have some amazingly beautiful keepsakes of our special day. I'd highly recommend Ben to anyone and am happy to share my pics and/or perspective with anyone.

Sent on 01/19/2013

Nikki · Married on 09/20/2012

I was looking for a photographer for my wedding in the Bahamas and Ben's website came up through an online search. It is a well designed, informative website, and I could see that his way of capturing that special day was what I was looking for. As I was planning my wedding from over-seas (Ireland), I found Ben to be very helpful by keeping in touch through email. We were able to meet up before the wedding date and Ben instantly put me at ease. He is very professional, considerate and a talented photographer. He captured our most important day in a wonderful way. Despite the inclement weather, our photos are beautiful and very unique.
    As we left the Bahamas the day after the wedding, Ben was very thorough in getting our photos to us promptly. I would highly recommend Ben for your special day.

Sent on 01/08/2013

Vanessa · Married on 03/23/2013

4.2

Excellent photographer and our photos came out beautifully! Ben made our wedding day even more special and added lots of laughs! Would definitely recommend to any brides/grooms to be!

Sent on 08/11/2013

3.4
      3.5
      3.0
      2.0

Although Ben was nice and professional the day of our wedding, my husband and I were not happy with how our photographs came out. Our wedding was not very large, and there were still a lot of moments that were missed. Most of the photos were taken from the same angle (going upwards) which is hardy flattering for many people. It seemed that we were always looking down and there wasn't any originality with the poses. He did not ask for us or advise us to give us ideas for what we wanted in terms of fun pictures until the week of the wedding! We sent him a few pictures of fun ideas, none of which were implemented anyway. We suggested one pose in the middle of the shoot which he did, and it was among our favorite photos. Thank goodness there were a lot of people taking pictures and videos informally, without them our photo album would have consisted of approximately 20 photos. I sort of wish we didn't pay for a professional photographer at all. Thousands of dollars for two dozen or so great photos... and we are both very easy going people!!

Sent on 12/18/2015