42 Reviews for Belmont Entertainment

Disco Ball (1)
Projector (1)
Uplighting (1)
42 Belmont Entertainment Reviews

We had Belmont DJ our wedding at the Monterey Plaza hotel this July and we could not have asked for a better company to work with. We exchanged multiple emails and phone calls with Miguel during the planning stages and he was nothing, but flexible and supportive. It was DJ Sean however who worked at our wedding and he was nothing short of phenomenal. The playlist he composed for us truly represented our dancing style and everyone at the wedding couldn’t stop talking about how killer it was. Thank you Sean, Miguel, and Belmont for making our wedding unforgettable and everything we could have imagined, not to mention for keeping people dancing all night long.

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Miguel from Belmont Entertainment was wonderful!! I'd like to think I am not too much of a Bridezilla, but there was one thing at my wedding I was very particular on: the music. I made a list of around 30 songs I definitely wanted him to play, 20 songs I definitely did NOT want him to play, and very specific songs for the ceremony. Miguel crushed it. He was professional and called ahead, going through everything with me to make sure we were on the same page. He was lively and fun but not too 'in your face' like some other DJ's I've seen at weddings. He allowed for flow during the evening and respected everything that I asked for. Belmont Entertainment is a wonderful company that I would highly recommend, and is reasonably priced as well. Miguel truly helped my day go absolutely perfectly, and I can't give him enough thanks!

Profile Picture Rachael, 4/28/18, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We couldn't have been happier with DJ Justin, who worked our recent wedding. He captured everything we wanted in our evening of fun! He even worked an extra 45 minutes over, after one of the bridesmaids decided that the party wasn't ready to be over. Justin found me and asked if it was okay and made sure our event manager was okay with it too (lucky for me, she was another bridesmaid). Everyone danced their a$$ off and had a great time.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/28/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We hired Jon Belmont and his team for our November 18, 2017 Holman Ranch wedding and honestly we could not have picked a better team to handle our music and lighting needs. First of all, Jon Belmont is THE NICEST person you will meet. When we first e-mailed him when we were interested in bringing him on as a DJ he gave us tons of information. Based on his reviews online we were expecting him to be over our budget to our surprise, he was right on target. It seemed too good to be true. When we later learned we would need to bring in lighting, we again hired Belmont to provide what we needed. When we showed up for the wedding we were blown away by how beautiful the lighting was. Throughout the night Jon came and checked in on us to see if there was anything we needed, including wine. The music was INCREDIBLE. Jon seriously knows how to read a crowd. We may be biased but our dance floor was packed and people were having an amazing time. The best part was anytime we looked at Jon it was clear he was having a great time too, which was awesome! The lighting was equally incredible--when we went into the carriage house where our dancing was held it was like being transported somewhere else. He had brought some up-lighting that gave the space a whole other feel. When my husband and I were chatting on our honeymoon we both agreed that Jon was one of our top 3 favorite vendors.

I don't think this review even does Jon and his team justice. If you want someone who really and truly cares about you having a great night and you want someone who feels like a friend and not a random vendor, Jon is the guy for you.

Thank you SO SO much from the bottom of our hearts, Jon.

-Jessica & Riley

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/18/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jon and his team are fantastic! Jon got everything we wanted squeezed in, and everyone had a great time. He managed to keep the party moving and get folks on the dance floor - which we knew wouldn't be the easiest feat with our guests. He was excellent and everyone loved him.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 11/12/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

The Belmont Team did a fantastic job for our entire wedding day at Holman Ranch in Carmel Valley. Seamless transitions from ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and then dancing. They also took care of our afterparty down the hill at Holman Tavern. These guys certainly know what they're doing and we highly recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ in the Carmel/Monterey area. Thank you, Belmont!
The Ledgerwoods

Profile Picture Katelyn, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jon and his team were amazing and helped create an awesome dance party at our wedding reception that got everyone onto the dance floor! I highly, highly recommend Jon and Belmont Entertainment if you need a DJ and/or lighting. From their awesome wedding planner (which helped us realize early on how much we could use music to personalize all the various parts of our wedding), to helping us pick the best music (and subtly pointing us in certain directions to create fun for everyone from age 5 to 95), to helping our friend/officiant day of figure out the mic situation, Jon and his team were just amazing. Not to mention that Jon is a lot of fun to spend an afternoon/evening with! Oh, and they also have great lighting (which transformed our ordinary-course ballroom into a sunset-hued paradise). Call Belmont!

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

We loved working with Jon Belmont on our wedding day! We were confident that everything would go smoothly with Jon in charge. It was really nice to have that peace of mind on our wedding day. He knew exactly which songs to play and the dance floor was full the whole night. We highly recommend booking Jon for your wedding DJ. He goes above and beyond!!

Profile Picture Amber, 6/2/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

These guys are great. Hands down. They created a wonderful scene for the ballroom and made the entire event very special. Everyone had a great time...including Jon and Miguel! Hire them with confidence.

Profile Picture Thomas, 11/26/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

We looked around at a few DJs in the Monterey area, and Belmont Entertainment was the only group we truly considered, because we wanted someone laid back and comfortable, and we didn't fit with any of the competition. Jon Belmont was amazing. He put us at ease at every step of this process. We said, We need such and such sound system at the ceremony. He said, Sure, but if that goes wrong, we have these multiple backup systems in place. We said, What if we want someone to play live music? He said, Here's what we do in that case and what we do if that falls through. We said, What if we want our first dance to be a friend singing a karaoke version of a song, but without one of the verses and everything in a different order? He said, Sure, here's a list of resources we can use together to make that happen. Everything we had questions about, Jon had an answer that he's done a million times. Professional, relaxed, and he threw a hell of a party. He learned our musical tastes and coordinated the sound to our style and within the context of our guests. When things went wrong, because something always goes wrong at a wedding, Jon had a backup in place that smoothed the situation and got everything moving again with barely a second thought. We cannot recommend him enough.

Profile Picture Colin and Kadee, 10/9/16, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

We absolutely loved Jon Belmont as our DJ! We had the most fun reception at Holman Ranch and everyone danced the night away. Our friends and guests are still telling us how much fun they had and what a great DJ we hired for the reception. Jon is kind, professional and super talented at what he does. Not only does he perfectly mix the music for dancing, but he's also a great MC for the entire day, directing guests, introducing the bridal party and speeches, etc. He was so easy to work with, and super fun also! Couldn't recommend him more!

Profile Picture Michaela , 9/18/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

Jon Belmont was outstanding! He made our wedding unforgettable! We've had so many comments from our wedding guests about how amazing our DJ was, from his choice of music, to his professionalism. We couldn't have asked for a better night and a better DJ!!

Profile Picture Breanne, 9/10/16, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Belmont Entertainment knows how to throw an unforgettable party! My husband and I had Sean DJ our wedding, and we couldn't have been happier! Sean was amazing at accommodating any and all requests. He assured me, anything we wanted would be played, and man did he deliver. Truly an unforgettable night thanks to Belmont!

Profile Picture Gretchen, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Talking with John and Manuel regarding the business end of services was easy. Sean Ryan was the DJ for our daughter's wedding and he was the BEST! Sean was always responsive to anyone who contacted him, very open and encouraging to ideas as well as able to give ideas when the bride or groom felt stumped during the planning. He truly kept the reception going strong to the very end with a full dance floor!

Profile Picture User6597815, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Disco Ball, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Jon did an exceptional job helping us with our music selections for all aspects of our reception. Our guests commented on how much they loved the music at cocktail hour and dinner. There was never a dull moment on the dance floor thanks to Jon! It was so great to see all of our guests having a great time and it was truly an unforgettable night!

Profile Picture Erin, 11/6/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

If you need a DJ, lighting, or just an amazing person that will bring your wedding or events to life? Call on Belmont Entertainment. He was so easy to work with. Laid back. His staff was amazing. Arrived on time and set up promptly. If I had to do it again, he would be the first person I call, again!! Lol thanks for everything. You made my wedding great!!!!

DEJA Perez/Cromartie

Profile Picture DeJa, 9/26/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jon Belmont is the best more fun DJ that I have ever heard. This guy is in high demand because he is the best in Carmel/Carmel Valley. We booked him in June 2014, we were so lucky as September 19, 2015 was his last weekend he had open in September 2015. From the beginning of our wedding, he kept us on our wedding planners timeline and always asked my husband and I if we needed anything. Jon was the 2nd vendor we booked, 1st was our venue as we were told to hurry and book him as he books up fast. Thank God we got to him for our wedding, it was so much fun, everyone danced till the last song. All of the flip flops we had for our guest were gone as soon as the music starting to play.

Profile Picture Zoila, 9/19/15, 12 Reviews
Category: DJ

Belmont Ent is top notch professional and so so GREAT at what they do!!!! DJ Sean was wonderful. They have you fill out a music planner so that everything is perfect-and it was! Sean watched carefully for my cues to end a song or switch the mood. He is so good. Most of the time I didn't even think twice because I asked him to just ready the crowd which he did! Everyone said wow "the music was on point!" Thank you Sean we would recommend you a thousand times over! And thank you for introducing us to SARAH WARD (wedding planner)!!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Melissa, 9/12/15, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jon Belmont is awesome!! He gave us a detailed worksheet to organize our music choices for our wedding and was responsive to any needs we presented him with. From the ceremony to first dances to the very last song on the packed dance floor, Jon kept the party going! He made sure all of our needs were met and if a song lasted too long or if we didn't like it, he would change it as soon as we made eye contact; this only happened once but it was great to set preventative measures in place. He also coordinated with the photographer to ensure that he did not play one of the "must-play" songs while we were outside taking pictures. Some DJs play each individual song for its entirety and leave gaps between songs but we did not have to worry about that with Jon. He gave each song enough time but moved to the next song before guests got bored. As a result our dance floor was packed with guests old and young having an amazing time. Multiple guests said they have never seen a dance floor so full at a wedding and a good time was had by all.

We also used up-lighting with Belmont Entertainment and the reception room looked amazing! Highly recommend Jon's DJ services as well as event lighting.

Profile Picture Christina, 8/8/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

As music nerds, my husband and I were originally going to create our own soundtrack for our wedding reception until we realized how daunting of a task that would be. We came across Belmont Entertainment under 2 months before our wedding and Jon and his staff were quick to offer us a great deal for our needs. We also loved that they emphasized beat-matching so that the songs would play in a seamless flow. Sean was our DJ the day of and he met with us beforehand to make sure we had every detail figured out. We handed over a pretty lengthy list of requested songs to him and he did a great job of playing our requests alongside crowd favorites. From toddlers to grandparents, everyone was dancing by the end of the night. Many of us did not want the party to end. That's about the highest compliment a DJ can get!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 7/31/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Belmont Entertainment could not have provided more perfect service! Sean hit the nail on the head in regards to song choice. He kept the dance floor full! He also kept the flow moving when it came to guiding the guests to the the next activity of the night. And, the uplighting added just the right touch that took our reception from a delicious dinner celebration on into partying the night away. Belmont is accommodating and truly wants the night to be magical! They take pride in their work but have fun with it too. I would recommend Sean, Jon, and crew to anyone that asked! Thank you so very very much!

Profile Picture Melissa, 5/17/15, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Jon is an amazing DJ and person! He has a very warm personality and is easy to speak to when it comes to wedding details and the vibe you and the rest of your guests would like to feel throughout the night. Jon helped to put us at ease and answer any questions we had fully and promptly. Throughout our wedding night he made sure that my husband and I were taken care of and always asked what we needed, going above and beyond our expectations! Thank you Jon for all that you did and for making our wedding day everything we had dreamed of!

Austin & Ryan Ramones

Profile Picture austin, 4/26/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jon was our DJ at our wedding in April at the Monterey Plaza Hotel. We saw a bunch of positive reviews and after a call or two (we were planning from afar), booked him as our DJ. He worked with our many requests and guided us through the many decisions that need to be made when wedding planning (and offered helpful suggestions). He responds faster to phone calls than to e-mails but that was not an issue for us. We met with him in person two days before our wedding to iron out the final details. It was nice that he handled the room lighting for us too.

He definitely seemed to know what kind of music we wanted and stuck to the genres we asked for. I wanted a lot of dancing at our wedding (suuper important) and he ensured that that was the case. If a song fell flat, he quickly played a big hit to get people back on the floor. He and his assistant, Matt, were so fun to watch as they were dancing and jumping alongside our guests! I think they had a ton of fun too! And Jon seemed so sincerely happy for us too, which was pretty cool. For our second-to-last song of the night, we had requested a slow song… he sensed the vibe and instead played Bruno Mars’s “Marry You”, which was probably our favorite moment of the entire day. It was such a perfect song to play at that moment and everyone was so happy, surrounding us as we sang to each other. All in all, Jon was incredible and definitely contributed to making our special night even memorable. I would use him again in a second. I highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/12/15, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

My husband & I were married in Carmel, CA on November 8th, 2014 and chose Belmont Entertainment for our DJ at our wedding ceremony and reception. Originally spoke with the owner Jon - He was very personable and down to earth. He had a question to every answer and made me feeling like everything was going to be so simple! He then let me know he was booked that day and booked us with his coworker Sean.
Sean we also very easy going and knew pretty much all the answers. The small answers and usually pricing answers he would usually get with Jon and get back to us. We met once in person kind of went over what type of music we were and were not into. We emailed usually throughout the process but a couple of weeks before we held a phone conference to go over everything (this was a destination wedding.) They give you a timeline when you book them which really helps set out how everything will go. During our phone convo he went through this again making sure no one had any questions. He also mentioned uplighting which we decided we wanted and needed and made us feel comfortable that we just needed to let him know before he packed up his car if we wanted it or not. We did and it looked good. Not sure if it was worth how much it cost, but it was ok.
Overall, i would book them again. The only negative i have is that they charged us $150 extra on the wedding day for getting there an hour early. (I had told them this change a month prior and nothing was mentioned) He still got there at the same time he would have to set up. But again, whats $150 when you have spent a lot more already.
Music was great and that's all that matters at the end!

Profile Picture User4099348, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Sean at belmont entertainment was amazing! We had our own musicians for the ceremony and they all said that his equipment was perfect for their needs. And his DJ skills were fantastic! Music is such an important part of making a wedding fun and he knew just what to play at each point in the evening to create the perfect atmosphere. Also, I'd highly recommend the uplighting they offer. It created a warm glow that was inviting and festive. Thanks Sean!!

Profile Picture Jessie, 10/25/14, 2 Reviews