Bellissima Reviews

Bellissima 4
Bellissima 5
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Pulliam Smith · Married on 02/23/2019

Beautiful selection and sweetest staff!

I bought my wedding dress from Bellissima and I loved my experience! Before I went to try on dresses, I spoke with Monica about what I wanted and my budget. I chose a beautiful dress that fit nicely in my bedget! I also had all my alterations done at Bellissima and they custom made a bolero for me too! I really loved the personal experience I got at Bellissima and could tell that they were genuinely invested in my happiness. I would definitely recommend Bellissima to anyone who is looking for the dress for their special day!

Bellissima 6
    Bellissima 7
    Bellissima 8
    Bellissima 9
    Sent on 04/03/2019

Rebecca · Married on 07/28/2018

Bellissima is wonderful! Monica is very helpful, attentive, professional, and knowledgeable about the gowns. I felt special during my appointment, and I am very happy with my experience and the gown I chose. I highly recommend Bellissima for choosing your bridal gown!

Sent on 01/17/2018

Jenna · Married on 05/26/2018

Working with the ladies at Bellissima has been a lovely experience in every way! The boutique is adorable and has a beautiful selection of gowns. Shopping there was such a special experience for me and the girls who went shopping with me. I appreciated the fact that there is only one bride booked at a time. Monica listened to what I described wanting and encouraged me to trust my gut feeling. She could tell what I was looking for even when I got a little overwhelmed with different styles of dresses, and she patiently guided me back to what I felt most like a bride in. I ended up with a custom gown by choosing the top of one gown and the bottom of another by the same designer. Monica could see the vision and I'm so glad that I went with the dress even though I couldn't see the exact gown before ordering it. I ended up with a dress that is uniquely me!
    My dress came in with no complications and the alterations process has also been a breeze. Both Monica and Brittney have been so sweet in answering any questions I've had and I've looked forward to going back to the store each time for my fittings. I can't wait to wear the finished product on my big day.
    I would recommend trying Bellissima to any bride in the area; they will take great care of you!

Sent on 02/04/2018

Meg · Married on 10/07/2017

Bellissima was my first choice when choosing a gown for my wedding on October 7, 2017. I'd had several friends tell me about their wonderful experiences with Monica, and they were right! My first appointment was with Brittany, who walked me through the store, selecting the dresses that fit my preferences perfectly. I found the best dress for me, a sleek Robert Bullock gown with tulle skirt and fell in love! Monica and Brittany were amazing through the entire process, from each fitting through the final pick up before my big day. They made sure my dress was in pristine shape and I felt beautiful as I put it on for my wedding. Each time I walked in the store through the process I saw something so beautiful I wished I could get married each weekend! I highly recommend Bellissima to each bride looking for the perfect dress. They really are the best! Thank you so much!

Bellissima 10
    Sent on 10/09/2017

Sandy · Married on 09/30/2017

Bellissima's is a wonderfully charming bridal shop in Winston- Salem! They have a gorgeous selection of gowns. Our daughter chose a beautiful David Bullock gown, and she was even able to meet the designer when he came for a trunk show!
    Their knowledge, expertise and service is excellent. A couple of alterations were needed and they were done beautifully! The seamstress also created a custom jeweled sash combining a jeweled belt and a beautiful sash from the gown.
    We cannot recommend this shop highly enough!!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Brianna · Married on 04/29/2017

I first discovered Bellissima while searching for bridal salons online. As a plus-sized bride, I wasn't sure what to expect at my appointment. Monica, the owner, reassured me they had samples in my size that I could try on. Upon arrival, the staff was so welcoming and friendly! The boutique is absolutely gorgeous and had several gowns I was able to try on. I never felt out of place due to my size. While shopping, I found a satin dress I really liked. Monica helped me customize the dress with lace sleeves, a belt, and the perfect veil. Just by adding these few extra details, she helped transform a simple dress into the elegant and glamorous look I was going for.

Another thing I loved about Bellissima is that they offer in-house alterations.The seamstress did an incredible job. After alterations, the dress fit perfectly and no further alterations were needed. I cannot wait to wear my gown on our wedding day! For those searching for a great bridal boutique, look no further. My experience at Bellissima was wonderful.

Sent on 11/06/2016

Shelby · Married on 11/19/2016

Cutest Bridal Boutique with personal help throughout the whole process and lots of dress options! Monica was excellent to work with and truly cares about you being happy with your dress no matter what! She is there for you every step of the way.

Sent on 11/30/2016

Katie · Married on 04/23/2016

Best bridal dress shop ever! There are no words I could use to describe how much I loved everything about my experience with Monica and Bellissima. I had gone to David's Bridal and another boutique in Charlotte, NC before landing myself at Belliissima. Monica made me feel wonderful and beautiful and so comfortable in everything I tried on. She let me pick out dresses on my own and then picked out dresses herself for me to try on based on what I liked and didn't like in prior dresses. I ultimately ended up picking the dress that Monica picked out for me. It was wonderful, beautiful, perfect in every way. I loved the one-on-one attention I got at her store and throughout the entire process. I loved working with Monica so much that I made my sister go see her first when she was looking for her wedding dress. Monica struck again and my sister ended up choosing the first dress she tried on at Bellissima. I would recommend anyone and everyone looking for the perfect wedding dress to go visit Bellissima. It would be well-worth any drive. Best. Shop. Ever.

Sent on 05/22/2016
  • Hennessey

Hennessey · Married on 02/20/2016

Monica was so gentle with us. We were wedding gown "virgins", and she schooled us well. Hennessey found a dress she loved among the ones she tried on. Monica gave us wonderful advice for our next day of three appointments. We are not shoppers so the whole process was daunting! As it turned out, we did not get Hennessey's dress from Bellissima, but Monica and her boutique are a must if you are looking for that special dress in the Charlotte area!

Sent on 02/24/2016

Kylie · Married on 11/07/2015

I am so lucky to have found Bellissima. I am planning my wedding across state lines, and Monica has been so patient, helpful, and attentive via email, relieving so much stress. When I initially bought my dress, Monica was fabulous to work with and I found the perfect gown - she even let me try and re-try on gowns just to be safe! There were no other customers in the store, and it was clear that for those 2 hours, we were her number 1 priority. It was a kind of hands-on service that we didn't get elsewhere. Bellissima is definitely worth a visit for any bride looking for a fabulous gown and a great shopping experience!

Sent on 07/08/2015

Drew · Married on 10/25/2015

Perfectly Amazing!

Belissima is the Belle of the Ball of Bridal Salons. The dresses are breathtaking, the fabrics are stunning, the designs are glamorous, the space is inspiring, and the service is perfection. My private consultation with Monica, the owner of Belissima, was the best time! I felt like a bride every second I was in her shop. Monica welcomed my family and friends with open arms and immediately got a taste of my dream dress. She found the most amazing gowns for me to try on and I loved every single one of them. Of course, I loved one more than the rest! My time with Monica at Belissima was the best part of my wedding planning process but, it was also one of my favorite days of my life! I will always remember the time I spent there with my loved ones as days filled laughter, happy tears, hugs, excitement, and pure joy. Monica is a perfect professional on every level, but she is also an immediate friend. She creates an atmosphere that very few people are capable of creating and she does this within moments of stepping through her door. My experience at Bellissima is one I will always cherish and I cannot wait to go back there with my sister and my friends and see them share those same moments with their loved ones! Thank you Monica!!!

Sent on 07/10/2015

Kristin · Married on 10/25/2015

Monica at Bellissima was such a joy to work with and any bride would be lucky to work with her. I went to a few bridal shops before I went to Bellissima and none of them offered the personalized service like Bellissima did. Wedding dress shopping there is a true bridal experience. Monica books by appointment only-so the whole experience is so special for brides to experience with just their families. Bellissima has so many beautiful gowns to choose from and so many different options to get brides everything they would want in a gown. I had a strapless dress and beaded sash paired with a lace jacket with a chapel length veil-all from Bellissima. The versatility and different options makes these gowns so unique!

Sent on 11/11/2015

We had such a wonderful experience purchasing my dream wedding gown at Bellissima. The boutique is beautiful and a perfect setting for such an important occasion. Monica was so helpful, friendly, and accommodating during the entire process. You can tell she really loves what she does by the way she talks about weddings, dresses, and her Bellissima brides. She makes sure you have what works best for you and not just the most expensive item. She made me feel so comfortable, gave me options based on my style, and the experience was incredibly fun. She gave us the one on one attention you could only dream of for such a big part of the planning process. We had the entire store to ourselves and it couldn't have felt more special. You can't get an experience like this or personal attention anywhere else, I PROMISE YOU. She doesn't rush you out the door. The experience lasted a few hours and was truly an "event." You get one on one attention from the owner herself and her friendly staff. It was my favorite part of the entire planning process.

Sent on 08/04/2015

I have only wonderful things to say about Monica and her team at Bellissima! I had been following Bellissima on Instagram and noticed that they would be having an Amy Kuschel trunk show. I had my heart set on one dress by this designer and as soon as I put it on I knew it was the ONE! Monica did a great job pairing a beautiful veil with my dress and made the entire process so much fun. I always had the store to myself when I had appointments, which always made me feel so special. I had my alterations done in the store and I'm so glad that I did because the dress fits perfectly! I cannot wait until my big day! Thank you to Monica and her team for making it such a memorable experience for me!

Sent on 08/02/2015
  • W

Wendy · Married on 05/24/2015

Bellissima is a dream bridal boutique owned by the incredibly sweet Monica Cameron of Salisbury, NC. She offers a bridal "experience" rather than a service which puts her on a level that surpasses her competition. Bellissima quickly became my one stop shop for all of my wedding day needs. From jewelry to garters to designer dresses-she's got you covered.

Sent on 08/04/2015

Jordan · Married on 05/09/2015

I can not thank Monica at Bellissima enough for helping make my wedding day so perfect. Bellissima was the first and only place I shopped for a dress. After viewing her collection and working with her one on one, I knew I would not find more beautiful gowns or better service. Bellissima is truly a one stop shop for everything you need. I was able to purchase my gown, bridesmaid dresses, accessories, and veil all from Bellissima all with the same amazing service. Throughout the entire process, Monica kept me updated about when certain items were ordered and when she expected them to come into the shop. Her continual contact and updates kept me calm and stress free. While I was stressed about other elements of the wedding, my dress was never one of them. I cannot recommend Bellissima enough. You truly will not find better service for your big day. Thank you Monica!

Sent on 08/16/2015

Katie · Married on 11/08/2014

Monica, the store owner, is WONDERFUL! She helped me pick out my dress and even added a beautiful sash that really made the dress! I love the southern hospitality feel of this shop and the fact that you receive personal service!

Sent on 11/16/2014

Monica is the best!!! Her dresses are ones that you can't find anywhere else and the bridal salon is beautiful and comfortable. She has gone above and beyond to help me choose so many details for my wedding -- bridesmaid dresses, table cloths, shoes, jewelry. She has amazing taste and is so generous with her advice any time I ask her. I am so in love with my dress and it makes me happy to know that very few people in the U.S. have had this dress!

Sent on 01/29/2014

Keely · Married on 05/31/2014

If you are looking for someone that gives you that "one and one" time, has all different shapes and sizes and the determination to really help you find your "it" dress (even when you don't know what "it" is yet) ...then look no further! Monica, at Bellissima, has created this gorgeous shop in Salisbury that just makes you feel like you never want to leave. It's swanky, crisp and such a beautiful space that makes so pleasant to be in! Not to mention Monica, is one of the most genuine, caring and thoughtful women I have ever met! You can really tell she cares about her brides and her passion for her store shines bright!
    My first appointment, I brought my mother along, while I started to get a better feel of what I wanted. Monica hand selected gowns to help me get a better understand of the different shapes! I would recommend EVERY bride doing this! Let her pull these for you!! This helped me tremendously, but confused me (in a good way) because every gown was so beautiful!
    Her selections of gowns might not seem large to the eye but I know from experience Bellissima, will deliver! The way she has her store set up is so neat because you can actually see the gowns! This is very pleasant! When comparing pricing I felt like Bellissima was very reasonable considering the quality of her selections.
    Another thing that I loved about my first appointment was Monica's assistance in the dressing room It really helps when the professional is there even before you can look in the mirror to adjust and place things where they need to be! She did a wonderful job at clipping the dress so I could get a better feel of how it would look when it would be when the proper size and tailoring. If I had been thrown into a room by myself I would have probably skipped so many gorgeous gowns!
    Monica, carries a great selection of sashes, broaches, overlays and so many different accessories that your options are endless! No need to drive look in big city for beautiful designer gowns!!

Sent on 06/30/2014

Monica is a true professional. This shop is a great addition to our downtown. A true gem in our small town!

Sent on 04/22/2014

Eonswaye · Married on 03/08/2014

I truly felt as if I was on Bridesmaids, but without the food poisoning and mean Helen! This shop is beautiful and Monica is so pleasant to work with. I found the shop and didn't realize that it was appointment only. Monica found a spot for me while I was only in town for the weekend! This is not one of those shops with a million Brides flying around you and pure chaos. I received personalized attention because she only works with one bride at a time and the peace, quiet and serenity was amazing. The dresses in the store are so eye catching and you want to try all of them on, but Monica did a very good job of figuring out my style and what I was looking for. I found my dress that day! Not only did I find the dress, but Monica also found a designer that custom made my head piece as well. I had such a great experience at Bellissima and working with Monica and the seamstress. On my wedding day I felt like the Queen of the Ball.

Sent on 04/09/2014

Jodi · Married on 10/12/2013

When you live in a small town it can be difficult to find unique and upscale dresses. However, Bellissima offers just that. Every dress in the shop is beautiful, unique, and hand picked by Monica for her brides. The service is amazing, and Monica caters to her clients taking great care to help them find that *perfect* dress for their special day. If I could do it a thousand times over, every time I would pick Bellissima for the fairy tale dress buying experience!

Sent on 01/09/2014
  • Katy

Katy · Married on 08/26/2018

Beautiful gowns!

This is a beautiful shop with the most. beautiful gowns!

Bellissima 11
    Sent on 10/17/2019

I loved my experience at Bellissima. They are a by appointment only bridal shop and are amazing. It was really nice to have all of the attention on me and have the store to myself during my appointment. Monica is wonderful to work with! I was looking for a tea length gown and she really went above and beyond to make my dream dress come true. The dress I fell in love with normally has a very long train and Monica called the designer to see if they could make it a tea length gown and even knocked the price down a little for me since I didn't want the long train.

Sent on 06/30/2015

Amanda · Married on 05/17/2014

Monica is so sweet and has a lovely shop that is full of natural light and makes trying on dresses so much fun! I absolutely loved the Kelly Faetanini dress I chose, and was able to add a custom detachable illusion neckline, which made the dress unique and even more beautiful. I was a little surprised at the high price of my alterations, but that was apparently due to to my illusion neckline which was more difficult for the seamstress to work with. Monica has great accessories and veils to try on with the dresses as well. I visited several other bridal salons before finding Bellissima and am so glad I came across this shop! Overall, buying my dress here and working with Monica was a fantastic experience.

Sent on 05/29/2014