Belles & Whistles Reviews

36 | Richmond, VA

36 Reviews for Belles & Whistles

Katherine S. · Married on 11/07/2020

HIGHLY Recommend Belles & Whistles

Jennings and her team were the absolute best, and I would not have been able to get through wedding planning without Belles & Whistles. We had to make many changes with our wedding due to Covid-19, and Jennings was so helpful throughout this process. She is extremely responsive and has excellent recommendations. She and her team are very easy to work with, and she offers different packages based on your wedding planning needs. I highly recommend using Belles & Whistles for your wedding planning needs!

Sent on 12/15/2020
  • Tracy

Tracy B. · Married on 10/10/2020

The BEST Wedding Planner

Jennings was absolutely the BEST for our wedding from start to finish even during COVID and the rain that arrived on the wedding day for our backyard wedding under a tent. She made this process so easy and helped find us the perfect vendors to make it so easy. All of the vendors she connected us with worked together as well. I highly recommend Jennings and her team to help plan your special day. She went above and beyond what I expected as our wedding planner

Sent on 10/13/2020

Kylie B. · Married on 10/10/2020

Hire Belles & Whistles!

If you are looking for a wedding planner, Belles & Whistles is the one! Jennings and her team were AMAZING leading up to the wedding and on the day of. My husband and I had a large outdoor wedding in my parents backyard and she was able to help us transform it into the most magical space ever! As a COVID bride I never once had to stress because of how organized, detailed and prepared she was. On the day of, even with it raining, it was absolutely perfect. Book Belles & Whistles...you wont regret it!

Sent on 10/22/2020
  • Christine

Christine L. · Married on 01/25/2020

Professional and Fun for a Stress-Free Wedding!

We are so grateful to Shannon, Honey, and Jennings for making our wedding day so beautiful. Shannon was absolutely lovely to work with--she really helped us articulate our vision for the day and encouraged us through every step in the process. Honey did a wonderful job stepping in the month of to make sure every detail was taken care of and that the wedding day ran flawlessly. The best wedding gift I could have asked for was to spend a day focused on who I was marrying and celebrating with my closest friends and family--and that is what these women did for us. I had complete faith in them to do a fabulous job and they exceeded all of my expectations.

In addition to being really thoughtful and smart professionals, these women were a ton of fun! I would absolutely go a have a drink with them. I HIGHLY recommend Jennings and her fabulous team of Belles!

Sent on 02/29/2020
  • Leigh

Leigh · Married on 06/01/2019

Would hire them again, no question!

Jennings, Lauren and all the Belles & Whistles crew helped make sure our day was flawless this past weekend. I can't recommend their team enough! We opted for their day of coordination. Jennings was so thorough in her communication prior to the wedding weekend, and accommodated all of our requests. If we ever felt flustered during the weekend, they swooped in and assuaged our fears with ease. They were seriously so patient, and made our day perfect. If there were any vendor issues, we didn't know about them. I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Sarah R. · Married on 11/17/2018

The Best Decision!

Jennings and her team are amazing. I am so happy we were referred to them. My Mom, fiance, and I felt more and more confident in our decision when EVERY vendor we spoke to, whether they were recommended by Jennings or not, told us that we were with the best in the business. It was every person we met with and I now completely understand why. Jennings was enthusiastic and patient with us. She offered advice, but her skill comes in her listening...she mostly let us talk through our vision, would quietly assess, and then offer the perfect solution. Unfortunately, we had to make a tough decision around postponing our wedding due to Hurricane Florence. Jennings was right there with us in the trenches of a pretty emotional week, watching the storm's path and providing us with every possible option. We already loved Jennings and her team at that point, but when we decided to postpone the wedding, Jennings felt like a family member offering a shoulder to cry on and a listening ear. The day after we made the decision, she immediately gathered all vendor information, dates, and started planning for our second day....and it was PERFECT. Everything was seamless and, despite obvious differences due to the postponement, it was exactly the day we had described to her on our very first phone call. There are not enough words to describe how great Jennings, Lorin, and the B&W team are. They were the best decision we made throughout the entire planning process!

Sent on 12/10/2018
  • Courtney

Courtney W. · Married on 11/10/2018

Absolute Game Changer for Your Big Day!

Jennings and her belles were absolutely amazing to work with and they made everything absolutely seamless for our big day. I literally didn't have to worry about a single thing because I knew they had EVERYTHING covered. And I mean everything.
    Jennings was not only helpful during the final days leading up to our wedding and the big day, but also she was a game changer during all of our planning. I must have asked her hundreds of questions over the course of the year of planning and she handled all of them without even batting an eye.
    Simply put - she is incredible and I don't think I would have had a successful wedding without her :)

Sent on 11/26/2018
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 06/09/2018

We booked Jennings & Jodi for the month of coordination at Fairview Farm. They were such a joy to work with and made everything stress free. They made the perfect timeline and reminded me of all the little details that I would have never thought of. Thank you for making our big day run flawlessly!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Casey · Married on 03/22/2018

My experience with Jennings at Belles & Whistles was incredible! We worked with Jennings for an entire year before the big day. From the very beginning she was quick to help us understand the overall process of planning a wedding. She always made sure to give us options of different details and aspects of the wedding, and she was quick to follow-up when we needed anything. Jennings met with us whenever we needed, and she always came prepared with monthly tasks. She was extremely organized, and her outline of the big day was WAY above our expectations. On the wedding day, she had all her ducks in a row and her team was so AWESOME that came to help out! I could not rave any more about our experience with Jennings Whiteway. I will forever recommend her to anyone getting married if you are looking for a smooth, easy, and FUN wedding planning experience!!!

Sent on 04/04/2018

Kristin · Married on 01/06/2018

Jennings and Shannon of Bells and Whistles were simply amazing to work with. As a bride planning my wedding from across the country, they took the reigns and executed the most perfect event. I knew from the first conversation on the phone with Jennings that she was the perfect planner for me! The two of them were flawless on the coordination of all the vendors and timeline for the day of. The whole Bells and Whistles team went above and beyond every step of the way. I did not have to worry about a single thing on the day of my wedding because they thought of everything. I could not recommend their services enough to any bride or anyone planning and event.

Sent on 01/29/2018

Laura · Married on 10/14/2017

Jennings and her assistant were absolutely wonderful. We knew going in that we needed a planner since we both work quite a bit and I can honestly say it was the best money we spent throughout the entire process. Her organization and calm kept things on track and heading towards the wedding we had envisioned. She gladly helped us navigate vetting vendors, getting costs within our budget and knowing when to push us on the things we told her were important to us. The day of was flawless which I didn't expect after being in 8 weddings, but it was just so great! We didn't have to worry about a thing and really got to enjoy ourselves and our guests. Instead of being a spectator, I got to be present and an active participant in my own wedding and didn't have to worry for a minute about things getting done the way I wanted.

Sent on 10/31/2017

Annie · Married on 09/30/2017

There are simply no words to describe how phenomenal Jennings and her team are! We hired Belles & Whistles to help plan our wedding in September and to say our expectations were exceeded is an understatement. After first meeting with Jennings I knew she would be the perfect fit. She is enthusiastic but has a calming spirit about her- which is just what every bride needs! Her organization throughout the entire process was impeccable, making me feel remarkably calm on my wedding day. I sincerely did not feel worried about a single detail. The wedding had lots of moving parts. The vendor list was long—lighting, generators, multiple venues, parking, busses, florist, furniture rentals, bands, cake, choirs, hair, makeup, photographer, tent rentals, just to name few— yet, Jennings was able to work with every vendor to make sure that they were all on the same page and that they worked together seamlessly. The wedding went off without a hitch, all thanks to Jennings and the B&W team. We are so thankful for their help throughout the process and highly reccommend them if you are looking for seamless event.

Sent on 11/07/2017

Kristen · Married on 09/09/2017

Jennings and her team were absolutely incredible. During the planning process my fiancee (now hubs) and I were living in 2 different cities, neither of which were close to Richmond and we have very challenging work schedules. Our wedding was EPIC and exactly how I imagined it. I came into the process not really having a clear plan about what I wanted but knowing what I did not want and Jennings provided the perfect outlet to bounce ideas back and forth until a clear vision materialized and then she brought that vision to life! She never made me feel pressured when I asked for additional quotes to bring down costs and was always ready to reach out to more vendors to find exactly what I wanted. Hiring Jennings was the best money we spent by far and we could not possibly imagine this process without her. The wedding day was incredibly smooth and her team was ready for any contingency though thankfully there were almost none! Do yourself a favor and HIRE THIS TEAM ASAP :) you won't regret it.

Sent on 09/21/2017

Jennings Whiteway will take all your stress away. She thought of everything, was a wealth of knowledge and if there were any issues the day of, we had no idea! She really went above and beyond. I think my most used phrase the month of the wedding was "Jennings is amazing. I'm so glad we hired her."

Sent on 05/18/2017

Julia · Married on 04/08/2017

Jennings was our fabulous wedding coordinator! She helped us have the most perfect wedding ever! We seriously could not have done it without her. I am a very organized person and did a lot ahead of time, but we definitely still needed Jennings help. She helped to coordinate all of the details, with all of our vendors, that we would never have thought of. Leading up to the wedding, it was so nice to not have to worry about all of the little details because we knew Jennings was taking care of it! She brought us such peace of mind. Jennings is also such a caring person that she truly felt like your close friend and was such a joy to work with.

Sent on 05/02/2017

Martha · Married on 04/01/2017

One of the best decisions I made for our wedding was hiring belles and whistles! Jennings and Shannon were SO helpful throughout the entire process, but were AMAZING the weekend of our wedding! They helped with all of the last minute details and made the event run so smoothly. Multiple of our guests commented on how seamless our ceremony, reception, and transportation seemed which was in large part due to belles and whistles. Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/10/2017

Lisa · Married on 03/25/2017

From the moment I had my initial chat with Jennings, I KNEW i had to have Belles and Whistles as our wedding coordinator. She was so easy to talk to and made me feel at ease while talking about the stresses of wedding planning. We chose the month of package as Carroll and I did the majority of the planning ourselves. It was such a relief to know that Jennings and Shannon were taking over! I sent them our contracts the month before our wedding and didn't have to worry about anything! They are THE dream team. Shannon contacted all our vendors and ensured that all deliveries and arrivals were on time and *if* something went wrong, I, to this day, do not have any clue about it! Jennings and Shannon took care of EVERYTHING...they are so incredibly detail oriented and it is because of them that we were able to have the most spectacular day of our lives! They are worth their weight in gold and i would HIGHLY recommend their services!!! Actually, do yourself a HUGE favor, and HIRE them...my now husband was skeptical at the time and thought that we could save money by handling it ourselves...he has been happily eating crow ever since and has thanked me numerous times for hiring them. Out of all our vendors for our wedding day-Belles and Whistles was his favorite! As you can imagine, the day of the wedding is incredibly stressful...having Belles and Whistles to ease that stress was PRICELESS. These two fantastic ladies went above and beyond for us and I truly credit them for pulling our vision together and giving us peace of mind to allow us to enjoy our day!!!!! You will be in good hands with Belles and Whistles!!!!!

Sent on 03/16/2017

K · Married on 03/25/2017

Jennings had her work cut out for her when we hired B&W to do our day-of coordination. I was an out of town bride who wanted to incorporate a ton of DIY details for our reception. Jennings was flexible and accommodating with all of our requests- and even made some tweaks to the timeline at the request of my groom. We also ran into an unexpected issue at the end of the night, which B&W handled gracefully. My parents, who were initially skeptical about hiring a coordinator, were blown away by how helpful, professional and hardworking Jennings and her team was. In the end, both of my parents agreed that Jennings did a tremendous job and was well worth every penny spent--and I couldn't agree with them more. Hire her!!

Sent on 05/02/2017

Sara · Married on 12/31/2016

Belles & Whistles was the best choice I made during the whole wedding process. I am a teacher, my husband is a Deputy, &my mom planned a lot of the wedding; there were crazy scheduling conflicts, opinions, & so much other stuff. We all agreed that Belles & Whistles was perfect; we decided we needed day-of coordination.

We met with Jennings in early Spring, & nailed down the needs, for the most part, we had the wedding planned. There were a few hiccups along the way, such as our Florist dropping out just before the Bridal Portraits! Belles & Whistles was Johnny-on-the-spot about providing suggestions for vendors, not just any suggestions, but the RIGHT suggestions. Also, B&W made the recommendation IMMEDIATELY, which is, yknow, important when you're in bride freak-out mode. They recommended Flowers Make Scents, &I couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out.

The month prior to the wedding was an absolute dream. Jennings & Shannon met with us 4 weeks out. I turned over all the contracts; they gave me a list of stuff they needed. Over the course of the next two weeks, B&W checked back periodically & sent several drafts of our timelines; they even provided a snapshot, which was perfect for parents, wedding party members, & vendors! We met a few days before the wedding to hand off essential items, remaining payments-- basically everything for the day of. It was hassle-free, comfortable, & they even took care of collecting the last minute stuff that wasn't ready on the first date.

The rehearsal & day of the wedding went along seamlessly. Jennings & Shannon brought their intern Marie along, & she was great, too. They checked in at both venues; they checked in with us. I got to tell my mom, "Ask B&W!" & most importantly, I GOT TO ENJOY MY WEDDING DAY & BE PRESENT. Honestly. Weddings are such a big event to put on, as a bride, & even as a parents... You owe it to yourself to enjoy the day. Don't worry anything else. BOOK 'EM!

Sent on 01/11/2017

Katie · Married on 11/19/2016

WOW. Words cannot even begin to describe how thankful we are to have found Jennings and Shannon at Belles & Whistles! Without a doubt the best money spent on our wedding. We used their "day-of" services, mostly because we had already contacted/met with/ booked all of our vendors. We just needed help with how it would all come together! They did soooooo much for us-- we met with them both several times to nail down different details- and they don't miss a THING! They are on top of all of the small details that made our day run ever so smoothly! Such a relief, not only for me, but for my mom, who would have been running around like crazy. Instead, she was able to enjoy the day and that was priceless to me! Jennings and Shannon are so easy and fast to communicate with. They are professional, humble, detail oriented, kind, and so obviously in love with what they do! They put together a detailed timeline for the vendors and myself, and then they put together a separate timeline for the wedding party for the whole weekend so that they knew when to be where and what to bring! Closer to the wedding, they took over all communication with all vendors, so if there were any questions, I wasn't bombarded last minute with questions about the cake, the music, the DJ, videographer, etc! Just truly amazing. They are a peaceful presence to have with us all on a day that can be kindof hectic and stressful. If you want to avoid stressing out on what should be the best day of your life, you HAVE to go with Belles & Whistles!!

Sent on 11/26/2016

Jennings and her team are incredible! After debating at first on whether or not we needed a wedding coordinator, we hired Jennings for month-of wedding coordination, and it was so worth it!!! Jennings went consistently above and beyond the call in so many ways, consulting with us prior to the month of and providing advice and support throughout the final preparations for the wedding day. I live in Boston and my wedding was in Richmond, Virginia, so wedding planning from afar was difficult. Jennings made everything easier by talking my Mom and I through every little detail. She is personable, professional, a great listener, and very organized. It was a perfect fit for us and allowed our wedding day to be stress-free. Even with some transportation glitches on the day of, Jennings handled everything so we knew we didn't have to worry. She took care of all the coordination with other vendors, making calls to ensure that everything was all set for the wedding day. Her team made sure we stuck to the timeline on the wedding day, and thanks to Belles & Whistles, our wedding was one of the first I've ever been involved in where everything was on time, or even at times ahead of schedule. They made sure our reception was set up just the way we wanted it, with signs and pictures placed perfectly. Many people in our bridal party commented on how impressed they were on the schedule of the day and how everyone knew exactly where they needed to be and when, thanks to Jennings help with clarifying this to everyone at our rehearsal. I highly recommend Belles & Whistles to anyone looking for a wedding planner or event coordinator. They will help ensure you enjoy your special day goes off without a hitch!

Sent on 09/03/2016

My husband and I live in KY. Our wedding was in VA where my parents live. My mom sought out Jennings since planning everything would have been a nightmare long distance. Jennings and her team were seriously incredible, and I have no clue what we would have done without her. She was polite, detail-oriented, helpful and extremely well organized. My husband and I never had to worry about a thing the day of the wedding. Jennings and her assistants handled everything that came up--even my bridal party was telling me that our wedding was one of the most fun, organized ones they'd ever been a part of. My parents and I agree that hiring Jennings was one of the smartest, most worthwhile decisions we could have made!
    -Lindsey D.

Sent on 08/09/2016
  • Adolphus

Adolphus · Married on 07/02/2016

Down to the last detail!

This past weekend we had the pleasure of working with Belles & Whistles Wedding Planning Service. Of course the planning process started almost a year ago and B&W kept us informed through the entire process. As the entertainment company, we work very closely with planners and know how important timeline, room layout and the general desires of our clients can be. B&W was spot on through it all and provided everything we sometimes have to ask for. Jennings was a joy to work with on the day of and kept us aligned with updates and changes. Timing can be critical in making sure the evening goes as planned, and we were very impressed how B&W kept everything on track! We highly recommend them for your event!

Sent on 07/09/2019

We used Belles and Whistles to help coordinate the details at the end and run the day of our wedding at a private residence. They were fantastic! Shannon and Jennings did an amazing job jumping in and running with my vision. They made sure everything was just right and added their own details on the day of to make sure everything looked perfect. They were helpful beyond what I ever could have asked for. They were calm and truly helped everything run smoothly. I hope every bride has coordinators as fabulous as mine were!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Carly · Married on 06/04/2016

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Jennings and her team. We used them for coordination (versus full planning) and they were such a dream. Jennings is completely attentive to your needs, and she has the answers to literally everything (I promise - she knows all!!). The team kept my mom and I so calm throughout the day, and we never felt uneasy. Rather, we felt completely at ease thanks to Belles & Whistles and were able to fully enjoy such a special day. I would (and will) recommend Jennings and her team to anyone who asks. They are fabulous, and any couple would be lucky to work with them!!!

Sent on 05/17/2017