Belle Meade Plantation Reviews

Belle Meade Plantation 5
Belle Meade Plantation 6
Belle Meade Plantation 7

Kacie · Married on 05/11/2014

We were so pleased to have our wedding at the Belle Meade plantation. Planning a wedding can be stressful but working with Linda made everything so easy! She was very responsive with any questions I had and had great suggestions as well. The day of the wedding our vendors were able to come in with plenty of time to set up and everything looked beautiful. The best part of this historical venue that it in itself has so much character and natural beauty that minimal decor is required if you're on a budget. I highly recommend letting them host your big day!

Sent on 07/19/2014

Kacie~
    Thanks for sharing your insights with future brides. We appreciate the high recommendation and are thrilled that your planning process went so well. We can't wait to see pictures from your big day!! ~oxox Linda

Leslie · Married on 05/09/2014

The Belle Meade Plantation is such a gorgeous venue, and all of the staff who helped us during our engagement and wedding were so great! I would definitely recommend this place to anybody. The gardens and carriage house were the perfect size and so easy to decorate because they were already so beautiful. The grounds made for perfect wedding shots, and the bridal room was great to have to get ready in. So many little features that made our wedding a success and the perfect day for us!

Sent on 07/27/2014

Leslie~
    We hope your perfect wedding at Belle Meade Plantation is a reflection of your perfect marriage and long life together! Best wishes to you!!! ~oxox Linda

Jacqueline · Married on 04/27/2014

It was a beautiful venue to have our wedding. Everything went perfectly. Linda was very helpful in recommending vendors and was always timely in her responses.

Jacqueline~
    Thank you for your review! Glad to hear that your day was perfect. That is every wedding vendor's goal for their brides. Congratulations to you and your husband!! ~oxox Linda

Belle Meade Plantation was the perfect place for our wedding day. The staff was professional, timely, and so kind from day one. The gardens were beautiful and the carriage house was great! Love everything about Belle Meade.

Belle Meade Plantation's reply:

Thank you so much for the rave! Glad you were pleased with your wedding venue from day one until the finish line of the Big Day!! We are honored to have been the background to your wedding. Thank you! ~oxox Linda

Mallory · Married on 09/27/2013

Wonderful experience! The setting was absolutely beautiful and everything looked great! Each and every person we dealt with at Belle Meade Plantation was friendly, helpful and accommodating!

Sent on 10/01/2013

Belle Meade Plantation's reply:

Thank you very much for your praise! We love it when our guests love Belle Meade Plantation as much as we do!! ~ oxox Linda

Debbie · Married on 08/17/2013

Linda at Belle Meade Plantation did a wonderful job in showing us the venue and in communicating with us. She was always prompt to answer any emails/ phone calls. My daughter was so happy with the location and service we received. The first look photos and prewedding photos were beautiful on the grounds of Belle Meade prior to the wedding which was held at our church. When we arrived back at Belle Meade for the reception, everything was set and ready to go. I would highly recommend Belle Meade Plantation and its staff to anyone.

Sent on 01/25/2014

Belle Meade Plantation's reply:

We are thrilled that you were so pleased about your daughter's reception here! We wish the whole family lots of luck and love! ~oxox Linda

Chrystal · Married on 06/14/2013

In Nashville, Belle Meade Plantation is the most sought after venue for weddings, receptions, rehearsal dinners, and corporate functions. It has both indoor and outdoor site space. It is a Nashville landmark, rich in its history and what it offers as a wedding or event location.

Sent on 12/10/2014

Chrystal~
    Thank you so much for taking time out of your day for this stellar review for our Belle Meade Plantation. Just like its name says, it is a "Beautiful Meadow" that is popular for locals clients and destination weddings alike! ~oxox Linda
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/27/2013

We LOVED our wedding at Belle Meade Plantation!! We got married on Memorial Day Monday which is why this review definitely gets 5 stars for value. I had my heart set on this venue and doing the wedding on a Monday made it completely fit in our budget. We used the grounds for all of our wedding party photos before the ceremony. I also loved that because the carriage house itself is so great, you don't have to go crazy on decorations and other stuff. So, so many of our friends and family told me it was the coolest venue they'd ever seen for a wedding and that it was so representative of us as a couple. Linda is amazing to work with and I also highly recommend using the on-site caterer, Harding House, which also has Kasey, our rockstar wedding planner, and also the most amazing fried chicken ever :)

Sent on 06/20/2013

Belle Meade Plantation's reply:

Sarah~ Thank you so much for your stellar review!! You have no idea how rewarding it is to hear back from a pleased newlywed. Love that you chose the Monday of Memorial Day...you get the benefits of the holiday travel + the price you needed to stay on track with your budget. Can't wait to see pictures! ~oxox Linda

Kim · Married on 05/25/2013

We had our wedding and reception at Belle Meade Plantation last week and it was absolutely perfect. The ceremony in the garden was beautiful, and the carriage house made for a perfect setting for our southern wedding. We had around 180 guests and we had room to spare! Most of our guests were from out of state and couldn't stop talking about the grounds and overall feel of Belle Meade.

Linda was great to work with throughout the whole planning process, she is so cheery and full of helpful suggestions. She was great with our other vendors as well. I honestly cannot recommend Belle Meade and their staff enough. They really care about their brides- they just put in a permanent and really nice tent adjacent to the stables, so no worries about weather! It is clearly a well-sought location so I suggest trying to book ASAP- we booked our 5.25.13 wedding back in January of 2012 and it was the only Saturday left open (luckily for us it was the one we wanted)!

Sent on 06/02/2013

Belle Meade Plantation's reply:

Thank you so very much for this super review! It is so rewarding to hear the accolades of one of our lovely new brides! Best wishes to you ~oxox Linda

Jenn · Married on 12/21/2012

Their wedding coordinator, Linda, is a beautiful, kind, welcoming lady. She took the time to give us a wonderful tour and explain all the options clearly. Any further questions I had, she was happy to answer.

The location itself is stunning and I don't imagine it gets much better. So happy I picked belle Meade.

Sent on 01/30/2013

Belle Meade Plantation's reply:

You are so kind! You absolutely made my day. Glad you were pleased with us at Belle Meade Plantation! ~oxox Linda
  • F

Fisher & Carnelia · Married on 09/19/2012

I could not have asked for my wedding have been any more amazing than it was. I got married September 2012 in the boxwood gardens and had my reception on site there in the carriage house. We also had the Harding house there on site to cater our reception as well as handling all of the details. My day was stress free that we all enjoyed ! I would recommend the Belle Meade Plantation to anyone . They sure did give me my fairy tale !!

Sent on 01/28/2013

Thank you for your stellar review!!! ~oxox Linda
  • I

Ion Chandler · Married on 06/12/2012

I used Belle Meade for a wedding in 2012. This venue is a southern plantation. It is a gorgeous venue, simple but elegant. There are so many options for a wedding and reception, or any type of event. We held a wedding and reception in June. It was hot, but the Carriage House was very comfortable. Linda is the best to work with as our own venue planner. This is a 5 Star Venue. Don't think twice about booking your dream wedding or reception here.

Sent on 12/22/2012

Belle Meade Plantation's reply:

Thank you so much for this great review! Your kind words make our job amazing! We love to make you smile from beginning to end on your special day! ~ oxox Linda

Stephanie · Married on 05/27/2012

Wow! I'm so happy we decided to spend a bit more on our venue and choose Belle Meade! I knew as soon as I started touring this place that it was it for us. As lots of reviews about this place state, it's gorgeous. The garden hardly needs any decoration at all, and the stone path is beautiful, both to walk down and in photos. The carriage house is unique in that all the horse equipment stays on the walls, which is a feature my fiance and I liked very much. We wanted some charm with our venue instead of white walls in a stiff-feeling room. Since there are many reviews that talk about the amenities and beauty of this venue, I thought I'd comment on my own personal experiences here instead.

First of all, Linda was always super prompt at getting back to me, even when I had the silliest questions. And, she was so very helpful at giving me ideas and planning the reception and ceremony set-up! She alone gets five stars in my book!

Belle Meade continued to blow me away on my wedding day. It was May 31st, and the weather was dicey. They were calling for thunderstorms in the later afternoon - right around 6:00, which was when my wedding was scheduled to take place in the garden. Kevin, who is the go-to on wedding day for most brides there, was so awesome! He pulled my mom and I into the office, where a nice girl was tracking the weather for us! We were trying to decide if we should just skip the garden set-up and get married in the stables, where we wouldn't have to worry about weather. I was really hoping for the garden, because it's gorgeous. So, Kevin offered to set up BOTH spaces for us in case it did rain! I was under the impression that we had to make a final decision about 2 hours before the wedding, which makes a lot of sense. In fact, when I spoke to him that morning (I was given his cell as a contact number), I thought I'd have to decide then. He said it was all good - to just wait until around 3:00. Anyway, that was the first relief. Then, his going above and beyond and setting up the ceremony chairs in both places was way more than I would have thought to ask for. Ultimately, he was great, so flexible, and ridiculously helpful! It alleviated a lot of my (and my mom's) stress, and let me tell you, that is worth more than the cost of the place alone. My wedding ended up taking place outside, and the rain came around 7:00, so it worked out perfectly. But, even if the rain did come before the ceremony, I knew we'd be set either way...and all because of Kevin and the staff at Belle Meade!

So, ladies, if you like this place, go for it! They are professional, accommodating, but most of all, caring. They care about your wedding, and you won't be treated like you're just another bride. I looked for that in all my vendors, and my wedding was all the better because of it. I would recommend Belle Meade Plantation to any bride in (and maybe a little bit out of) the Nashville area. It gets 5 stars all the way around!

Sent on 06/15/2012

Belle Meade Plantation's reply:

We are so loving this review! We are so pleased that BMP rocked your wedding perfectly for you; moreover, we appreciate you taking the time to tell us and future brides on WeddingWire.com! Thank you for your praise! We wish you and your new hubby all the best!!! oxox Linda

Susan · Married on 07/31/2011

The Belle Meade Plantation is a very beautiful place. It is simple but elegant. There are so many options for a wedding and reception. Or any type of event. We held a wedding and reception in July 2011. It was hot, but the Carriage House was very comfortable. The staff at the Belle Meade is awesome. Linda is the best to work with. This is a 5 Star Venue. Don't think twice about booking.

Sent on 08/13/2011

Belle Meade Plantation's reply:

Susan~ Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so pleased that you loved Belle Meade Plantation just as much as we do!! oxox, Linda

Leslie · Married on 05/27/2011

I honestly cannot say enough wonderful things about Belle Meade Plantation. It is the perfect place to have a rustic chic wedding. I know it is a Nashville staple, but you just can't get a venue that provides this kind of laid back elegance. I absolutely adore it.

Although the cost may seem a bit hefty upfront, BMP lets you borrow so many extras that it all comes out in the wash. They let you borrow chairs and tables and allow you to bring in ANY vendors you want and ANY alcohol you want. This allowed us to make our wedding feel personal without blowing our budget. It was great!

Additionally, Linda, the event planner at the plantation, is top notch. She is beyond helpful and so friendly. She really knows her stuff and keeps in close touch with many local vendors so communication between everyone is very clear and simple. She is a great gal!

One last word of praise-- the scenery is beyond beautiful at BMP. Your pictures will be glorious!

Two thumbs up and three cheers for Belle Meade!

Sent on 06/20/2011

Belle Meade Plantation's reply:

Leslie!!! Girl you made my day. We love that you were able to put your touch on Belle Meade Plantation to make it exactly the PERFECT location for your Big Day! I will miss planning with you sweet lady! Blessings on your marriage~ Linda

Keaton · Married on 04/16/2011

The perfect spot for our reception. Linda was a doll to work with and made our night perfect!

Sent on 07/27/2011

Belle Meade Plantation's reply:

Keaton~ Thank you for your kind words about Belle Meade Plantation and me! I am so happy that you were pleased with your Big Day =) ~oxox Linda
  • Kristina and Clint

Kristina and Clint · Married on 11/07/2010

Excellent venue!!

Sent on 12/23/2010

Belle Meade Plantation's reply:

Thank you Kristina and Clint! Best of luck on your happy marriage together!!!

Jonathan · Married on 05/18/2018

Belle Meade Plantation was the perfect wedding venue. We were very satisfied with our venue. Linda, who helped us schedule dates and organize was very helpful and responds quickly.

They went above and beyond for us. No rain was in the forecast but it started to down pour right when our wedding was suppose to start, they moved our floral arrangements and chairs. They never said they would do that. We thought our guests were going to have to stand.

The layout is a little difficult, but again we were incredibly pleased. 5 stars

Sent on 09/10/2018

Belle Meade Plantation's reply:

Jonathan- We are sooooo pleased to hear that you we thrilled with our service and our venue. We are honored that you chose Belle Meade Plantation as the host site for your Big Day! We wish you many happy years together! oxox - Linda

Lynn · Married on 10/11/2015

Linda and the staff at belle Meade were amazing! From the very beginning she answered all my many mother of the bride questions with promptness. She was always a delight to meet with and treated everyone as if we we're the only bride she had. It was a perfect day!

Sent on 10/24/2015

Belle Meade Plantation's reply:

Thanks for the great review! Awesome to have the Mother-of-the-Bride perspective! We loved working with you and your family to help create the wedding of your daughter's dreams. ~oxox Linda

Vivian · Married on 10/10/2014

It was great working with Linda! She was always ready to answer my questions and was super helpful on the day of in implementing the rain plan. Everything turned out so beautifully that you would have never known it was plan B! Would definitely recommend this beautiful historic venue to anyone!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Belle Meade Plantation's reply:

We loved working with you, too! So happy that the rain plan worked so seamlessly for you. Always great to have a back-up plan just in case. We wish you the very best in your marriage♥♥♥ ~oxox Linda

Gracie · Married on 05/25/2019

Perfect Venue

Belle Meade was the perfect place for our wedding. If you can work around their timing window, I would recommend it to anyone. Linda was also a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 07/11/2019

Belle Meade Plantation's reply:

Thank yo for your review! This helps future brides so much. Best wishes to you in your happy life together! ~oxox Linda

Jessica · Married on 10/09/2014

Linda, and the rest of the staff at Belle Meade Plantation, helped make our event incredible. Everyone was so professional and friendly, and more than willing to help where they could. Linda always responded to emails and questions in a timely manner, and always made our meetings easy and fun! I highly recommend Belle Meade Plantation to anyone looking to host an event in the Nashville area!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Belle Meade Plantation's reply:

Thanks for such a great review. Great reviews mean you made some great memories to last a lifetime! Thanks for choosing to host your day at Belle Meade Plantation! ~ oxox Linda

Candace · event on 07/11/2014

The coordinator and wait staff were phenomenal!

Sent on 10/04/2014

Belle Meade Plantation's reply:

Thanks so much for your great comments! Best wishes to you and your new hubby! ~oxox Linda

Belle Meade Plantation was a fantastic wedding venue for us and Linda was wonderful to work with!

Belle Meade Plantation's reply:

Thank you for your review! We wish you all the best in your beautiful marriage together ♥♥♥ ~ oxox Linda

Belle Meade is the most stunning venue in this part of Nashville, and you do get a lot of added benefits in working with them. One of the best parts is that they do not have an in-house caterer, so you can bring in pretty much any restaurant's catering that you want. In my experience, in-house catering does not taste very good at all and can be really expensive, so that was a big perk for me! My family and I were initially hesitant about seeing BMP when we were touring venues because we knew the rental cost was so high, but it was actually very affordable once we compared the cost with our preferred caterer to that of other venues that have a cheaper rental rate and expensive catering. Don't let the rental rate scare you; be sure to compare apples to apples! However, you are required to use a valet company, so be prepared to add that into your cost when budgeting.

Linda is incredibly easy to work with; she answers emails and returns phone calls promptly, and she tolerates all of the silly questions you could think of with great professionalism and care. The venue itself is stunning, and the grounds provide so many backdrops for family/couple photos. We got married in the stables, and while I was nervous that it might be too cramped, it was a beautiful setting and felt so cozy and romantic (shout out to Bright Events for helping there). Our guests gave us so many compliments about the venue, and since the place is already so beautiful, you really don't need to go above and beyond on decor. Let the character of the venue speak for itself!

Sent on 05/14/2014

Belle Meade Plantation's reply:

Thank you very much for giving us your honest feedback! Future brides will benefit from you sharing your real experience with them. Thank you for letting us be the backdrop to all of your wedding day memory making! Stable Hall really is such a unique spot to get married and lighting it the right way....wow! We love it, too!
    Congratulations on your marriage! ~oxox Linda