28 Reviews for Bella Sposa Bridal and Prom

Hair Accessories (1)
Jewelry (1)
Undergarments (1)
26 Bella Sposa Bridal and Prom Reviews

I fell in love with everything about this shop. This was my third bridal store and I was beginning to get discouraged. I could not believe how beautiful all the dresses were. Each of them were unique and unlike nothing I had ever seen. She was VERY professional and VERY knowledgeable. We found my dream wedding dress in less than an hour. She also showed us how we could customize the dress and make it my own. I would recommend this shop to any bride or even anyone with a special event. I don't plan on getting married again but if I did, I would go back!!!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/6/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I have been going to Bella Sposa Bridal for years!!! Every high school dance, every bridesmaid dress, and for my very own wedding. Dwin is amazing, and even on the off-chance I purchased a dress elsewhere, my alterations were ALWAYS done here. Dwin always knows just where I need the alterations, and is always extra helpful when it comes to anything else I need. I highly recommend this store, the staff is great, they are always honest and they are reasonable with pricing. Dwin did my alterations for my wedding, and added cap-sleeves to my gown, with the perfect touch of rhinestones to make my dress all I wanted it to be. This woman works wonders!! Love my Bella Sposa Bridal, and will be taking my wedding gown there to get fixed up after it got a little bit "beat up"/stepped on at my wedding. She's a miracle-worker.

Profile Picture Jess, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I have to say that this place is amazing! I had visited various bridal stores in search of a “mother to be” dress for our daughters wedding. I had traveled as far as Lansing. Per recommendations, I decided to give this place a visit. I was greeted warmly. I informed the staff that I was “just” looking. Dwin, then started asking me questions about the event. I had already picked out some dresses that caught me eye. Her questions made me think……The dresses that I had picked out were very loud (not my day); however, I would have been an eye site to the guests (my personal opinion!) She asked about colors and the style of the dress that my daughter was going to wear. She then said, follow me! She pulled out the most amazing floor length dress, soft in color and the back had a “V” similar to my daughters dress. I called my daughter and son-in law (to be) to come see what was presented to me. They were there in minutes. “Yup, that is the one!” A few minor alterations and I had my dress ready within the week. I had received so many compliments on this dress. I continue to recommend this bridal shop to everyone. Thank you for the awesome service!!

Profile Picture Suzanne, 6/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Dwin was amazing! She is did all the alterations so fast and worked with our schedule. She had the absolute best selection of dresses of all the shops we went to!!! So many to choose from! If you want the perfect dress, start here and save yourself some time and money!!!!

Profile Picture Tammie, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Customization, Bridal Gowns, Plus Size Gowns, Undergarments

Bella Sposa did a fantastic job helping me find the perfect dress, and at a reasonable price! The staff there is so nice and helpful, and flexible with their appointments! I would definitely recommend anyone looking for a decent priced dress, to look no further than bella sposa!

Profile Picture Emily, 8/8/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

My experience at Bella Sposa was great! I could have not asked for someone more helpful or knowledge able not only in dresses and fits but also in alterations. When I first got there we picked out several dresses for me to try on and she picked out several. Then she arranged them in order of what she thought would look good on me. I would try one on and she would judge my reaction to see what I thought. Then would ask what I liked and did not like about the dress. then she would add dresses or take away dresses from the ones to try on accordingly. This was the most helpful of all the places I went!

Because I was from out of town I was able to come to town and do all fittings and alterations in the same day and take the dress with me that evening. No other places were willing to do that. They go above and beyond to make sure you absolutely love you dress.

I was given a quote for alterations and was going to pay after they had been completed. When I got back she had had to add a a few more attachment to the bustle to make it lay right and did not charge me any extra.

I would definitely recommend Bella Sposa to any of my friends either in town or not, to shop here. It was definitely worth the drive.

Profile Picture Carissa, 6/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Make an appointment to get the best service! A friend of mine suggested this boutique for all my bridal needs. I can say I was very impressed! I made a "spoil me" appointment and the sales person made me feel at ease and relaxed about my shopping experience. My mom was so impressed she got her dress there too! We got my bridal gown, the bridesmanids and flower girl dresses and both mom's and tuxes. All the colors matched as closely as anyone could get it! Everything went so smoothly. The alterations on all of the dresses were all finished almost a month before my wedding which relieved a lot of stress because that last month is the hardest. They gave great advice on my way out the door and it felt like we were family by the time I left. We hugged and I sent pictures from my special day. Would definetily reccomend Bella Sposa Bridal to anyone starting out shopping for a wedding!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 4/18/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Dress & Attire, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Jewelry, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

I bought my wedding dress at Alfred Angelo and they tried to tell me the pleating on my dress was right even though the dress I tried on before we ordered my dress looked different. So I took it to Bella Sposa and they not only agreed with me but fixed the problem. I also bought a second dress from Bella Sposa and the alterations were at an extremely reasonable price and they had them done much quicker than was expected. My Mom was so impressed with their service and variety that she bought her dress there as well. I got married out of state and she even gave me a box to ship all my dresses in! My only regret was not bringing my bridesmaids there to pick out dresses because they have a ton of different types of dresses to choose from. I decided to wear my second dress a year after the wedding to a Halloween party and part of it had come undone from all the dancing at the reception and she fixed that beautifully too. Ladies, go to Bella Sposa! They'll take care of you and all your needs and go above and beyond. I also have to say that we also found my tiara there and some beautiful brooches for the bridesmaids dresses - they're a one stop shop for your wedding needs! When my niece is old enough to go to formal dances I'll be taking her there for sure!

Profile Picture Brittany, 10/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire, Jewelry
Services Used: Bride, Mother of Bride, Alterations, Appts. Only, Formal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns

Amazing job with my alterations! Great professionalism, suggestions and understanding when I cried because I felt so overwhelmed with everything!

Need a dress? shoes? veil? alterations? Look no further....Bella Sposa Rocks!

Profile Picture User4265506, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

The women who helped me were very attentive, patient, and really knew their stuff. They listened to my explanation of the styles of gowns I liked and found ones that fit the description perfectly. They were quick in getting me in and out of the gowns, provided excellent conversation, and really made the experience a pleasure.

Profile Picture Rebekah, 6/29/13, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Dwin at Bella Sposa made my dream wedding gown and I am so happy I got to work with her. She was very helpful and made sure I got exactly what I wanted. My gown was absolutely perfect and everyone loved it! I would most definitely recommend Bella Sposa for anyone looking for a formal dress. She has a huge selection of bridal, prom, and special occasion dresses. If I ever need a formal gown, it will be from Bella Sposa

Profile Picture Kahlea, 4/27/13, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I was a bridesmaid of a wedding party, the shop owner and her daughter were very professional, helpful and a pleasure to meet with. They are very detail oriented which made the the dresses look truly beautiful. Great place!! Can't wait to wear the dress at the wedding!

Profile Picture User2757751, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

My dress was absolutely gorgeous and they made me feel just like a princess. All my bridesmaid dresses came out absolutely perfect!

Profile Picture catherine, 9/15/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I can't begin to properly thank Bella Sposa. My wedding dress was on the brink of ruining my wedding day. I made the mistake of ordering it online(gasp!) and 2 weeks prior to my wedding day my initial tailor backed out. Then I called around desperately hoping to find someone last minute who could take revamp the whole thing and jumped when I found someone who agreed to do it. The Tuesday before I got married on Friday I picked up from the 2nd tailor and waited until Wednesday morning to try it on (so my fiance wouldn't see me in it). All I could do when I put it on was cry... not tears of joy, either. It was a complete train wreck. I frantically started calling other tailors (even ones who promised fast turn around times). No dice. Some of them laughed when I called; mind you I was on the brink of tears when I called these places, too. I called my fiance in tears. He then decided he was going to call, too (yes, I pretty much married a Saint!!!).

When he talked to Dawn, she put him at ease immediately. She told him to send me in and she would most certainly take care of me. What I still think about today is the way she did NOT hesitate to step up to the plate. She went above and beyond to put me at ease and made me sincerely feel like I was her number one priority. Not only did she fix my dress, she calmed my pre-wedding nerves by reassuring me that these sort of things do happen and that I wasn't the first or the last.

I was really scared to ask my husband how much it ended up costing him. I figured I had already sunk so much into my "bargain" dress, I might sink into a deep depression if I knew how much it was. After we got home from our honeymoon my curiosity got the best of me. I had to know... it was only $60!!! Ladies, she took my dress in a few inches on both sides and fixed the straps... this was not an easy fix! :)

THANK YOU DAWN, FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART... my wedding day wouldn't have been what it was without your kind heart.

Profile Picture Erin, 8/3/12, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I came to Bella Sposa Bridal after shopping all over town. It had been a VERY long day! I called ahead and they said that appointments were necessary to try gowns on, so I asked if they had any openings for that afternoon. Being a Saturday, I was hopeful. They said that they had just had a cancellation and that they could fit me in! I was so happy, as my mom was here from Florida and we didn't have a lot of time to find "the dress." I was greeted pleasantly at the door, but was asked to remove my shoes. I thought that was a little weird, but when they explained that it helps keep the snow out and the dresses clean, we happily obliged. I had this picture in my head and started to explain to Ashley what it was that I was looking for. She showed me where the "style" of gown that I was looking for would be found. After trying on 2 gowns with the help of 2 of their salespeople, the other girl pulled a couple more dresses from the rack for me. One of the dresses she pulled turned out to be the dress. They suggested I go home and sleep on it, which I did. I knew it was the one! I could not get it out of my head. Although they do not allow photos, they let me take them once I put my down payment on it. I expect my Gorgeous gown to arrive around the end of May. I also found the perfect bridesmaids dresses there on my second trip! I could not be happier at how easily this is all coming together! They do tuxes there as well, and I will be back and will definitely be sending ALL of my friends!

Profile Picture User2532105, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

The ladies there really make you feel like part of the family. They do everything themselves, take the time to talk to you and the attention to detail is phenomenal.
I couldn't believe how close we were by the time all was said and done.
She even designs and makes her own dresses!

Profile Picture Tara, 6/15/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I loved using Bella Sposa Bridal for my dress and my bridesmaid. We recieved personalized attention and since my maid of honor was from out of town it was great to be able to do her alterations the day before the wedding, without having to stress out. The selection wasn't as large as some other stores, but that was good for me since I wasn't sure what I wanted and I didn't want to be overwhelmed. The shop owner attended to me personally and was able to help me find my dress without any problems.

Profile Picture Jessi, 10/18/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

she did beautiful seemstressing and made my dream dress!

Profile Picture User3363578, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
4.1

Bella Sposa Bridal was a pleasure to work with. They take pride in their designer selection and provide great assistance in finding you exactly what you are looking for. I purchased our bridesmaid gowns through BSB, as well as had them do my alterations. They were very helpful and entertained A LOT of questions and phone calls with the utmost courtesy, patience and professionalism from the first call to the last one. The bridesmaid dresses were exactly as expected (they even found sample fabric pieces to let me take home and match to other details). The only problem that I experienced was with my gown alteration. There was one bead on the very front that I continuously asked them to sew on and after three alterations, it still never got done. My mom ended up having to do it.

Profile Picture Cara, 1/5/08, 5 Reviews
2.9

I was very happy with the level of attention when we were looking for a dress and the dress came in to the store very quickly after being delivered. The initial fitting went well and I felt very confident about my choice in dress. However, when I went for my final fitting I was advised that I should probably either try to lose 5 pounds or have my dress let out, which was funny to me because I had watched my weight the entire time and hadn't gained a pound. I told the lady at the store I did NOT want my dress altered and we left it at that. Two days before the wedding I went to pick up my dress only to find out that they had altered it and I had to pay them for it before I could leave with the dress. I did NOT want the dress altered. Because of this my dress was a little baggy on the day and I kept stepping on it. I have spoken to other brides that have gone there and they say the same thing, they didn't feel very comfortable there.

Profile Picture Katlin, 8/25/12, 5 Reviews
2.4

I went in for a "mother of the groom" dress. I found one I just loved. I came back another day, as I was asked to, to get measured for the dress. I was called when the dress came in to try it on. First I tried on the wrong dress, I did not know it was the wrong dress, and it was huge!! Dwin told me they would alter it for another $85.00. I was kind of stunned since I came in special to be measured so I left with the intent of going back to be measured again so they could fit it to me. As I thought about it I decided to go get my dress, since it was paid for, and alter it by someone else. When I went back in the dress I tried on was hanging where I left it, but was told that wasn't my dress so I was given the correct dress. I thought great, maybe this one will be my size, si ce I was measured for it, left, went home and tried it on. It was still HUGE on me. It was the exact same size as the other dress!!!. I feel this is so wrong!!!! I felt they were almost scamming me. First they order a dress that is nothing like my measurements THEY took and then they want to charge me another $85.00 to alter it. Plus the extra time to get back in for this.
This is my fourth wedding in 2 1/2 years, so it is not the first dress I have had to buy. I will NEVER go back to Bella Sposa for anything, plus word of mouth I am sure others will avoid Bella Sposa too!!!

Profile Picture Terri, 9/17/16, 1 Review
0.5

Wouldn't recommend to anyone - I can't believe they have received so many good reviews. When I first went to scope the place out, I thought it was OK and a good local option to get my bridesmaid dresses. Boy was I wrong. When I brought my party in, they were extremely unorganized and only had 4 different styles of dresses to try on or a catalog to look at. Not what I imagined. We ended up placing our order and the dresses were quite pricey, but we decided to go with it anyways. Over 3 months later when the dresses came in (only a few weeks before the wedding), one of the bridesmaid dresses was ordered wrong! It was the completely wrong style. The owner was extremely rude and we had to argue with her on multiple occasions just to get the correct dress ordered. I was appalled at the horrible customer service. I should've went to David's Bridal or somewhere else, because the whole experience with this salon caused way too much stress for the amount of money we spent there.

Profile Picture julie, 8/26/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Alterations, Appts. Only, Bridesmaids
0.2

This place was extremely awful!!!!!! None of my bridesmaids had a pleasant experience with this place. One of my girls called to order shoes and the woman told her that they were too busy and that they didn't have any time for her and if she came to the store no one would attend to her. After I had called the straighten the situation out, one of the workers had the NERVE to tell my bridesmaid that I shouldn't be stressing out and that something was wrong with me. I was stressing out because I had a certification exam that day, rude people! Then when we ordered the shoes, they did not dye them until 2 DAYS BEFORE THE WEDDING, one of the pairs of shoes was back ordered, and I never got a phone call or any type of communication. Additionally, the woman that I talked to about the color of the shoes, didn't remember what color I wanted (after I provided her with a color swatch which she said she didn't need) and the shoes didn't even match the dresses all that well in the end. But probably the worst part of it was, the shoes SHRANK! My poor bridesmaids had to walk around in shoes that shrunk after they dyed them. This place is terrible and disgusting.

Profile Picture Leah, 5/25/13, 3 Reviews
0.0

I do not recommend this store to anyone. There free services are not free one way or another you are paying for it. We bought a ton of dresses from here and I am disgusted. I took my dress and so did 2 others to another person and she said our dresses were a disaster. It was a very reliable seamstress too. They would say they would do alterations and not actually do them. Words cannot explain how unhappy we were. Very unprofessional. Biggest bridal disaster yet! They definitely know how to get you and they love money! Who knows who is really doing the alterations behind the scenes. There contacts are a bunch if crap too because they know you will not be happy in the end.

Profile Picture User2722280, 2+ years ago, 1 Review