Bella Sophia Sugar Crafts Reviews

16 Reviews for Bella Sophia Sugar Crafts

1 User photo

Hailey R. · Married on 05/30/2020

Above and beyond

Due to the current pandemic my wedding had to be postponed. It has been very difficult for my fiancé, family and I to cope with all our plans falling apart. Eva was amazing in not only rescheduling my wedding cake but she created and personally delivered a mini cake for us to enjoy on our original wedding date at no cost. This was such a breath of fresh air and an incredible show of kindness. I cannot recommend her enough. Thank you Eva and Bella Sophia crew for being so understanding during this very difficult time.

Sent on 06/03/2020
  • O

Olivia L. · Married on 01/31/2020

In love with this artist

I am so in love with the results of my cake and wedding favors. Originally my favor was going to be a wooden engraved coaster. However Eva showed me a few options and I was blown away! My cake was not only beautiful in its minimalist design but it was delicious. We chose the Pink Champagne cake and the Pistachio caramel. I definitely recommend this baker for any event! it was money well spent.

Sent on 02/03/2020
  • Kristina

Kristina M. · Married on 10/19/2019

A pleasure to work with

I am so happy that my wedding planner recommended Eva for our cake and dessert table. Her teams response time was great, and her attention to detail including personal phone calls to revise every detail of the event was perfect. I am so grateful for all that was done to make our day extra special! K & J

Sent on 10/21/2019

Alexa V. · Married on 07/14/2019

Work of art

I ordered a dessert bar and cake from Bella, not only was everything delicious but it was a work of art. So many small details I didn’t even know were possible to accomplish on sweets. My guest were asking for her contact info and for good reason. Will be hiring this vendor again. Gracias!! For everything.

Sent on 07/18/2019

Lisette · Married on 12/29/2018

impressive work ethics

My family and I were beyond pleased with Eva and her team. They were very patient and responsive with all our specific request and various dietary needs. The cake seemed like it was right out of a magazine and even our picky gluten free guest were asking for seconds. Thank you for such an impressive display of talent and professionalism.

Sent on 12/31/2018

Erica · Married on 08/18/2018

I am so grateful for the hard work and attention to detail that was clearly dedicated to my cake. As a wedding gown designer I have high expectations for those who claim to make “custom work”. Eva created a completely original cake and matching dessert bar. I look forward to many more events with this vendor. Thank you!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Amanda · Married on 08/11/2018

If cake is important to you for your event than go no further. Jenika is absolutely the easiest and best to work with- no one can beat her communication skills and attention to detail. My event planner was able to work with her with ease. Everything was better than I imagined! So many small details that brought everything together. We were able to choose a different flavor for every cake layer and for all our desserts. This is one very pleased bride!

Sent on 08/26/2018

Rhoda · Married on 06/30/2018

My cake was both beautiful and delicious. My guest are still asking me about it. Eva was professional and answered every email and text message on time. She went above and beyond and we are so very grateful.

Sent on 07/18/2018

Ana M. · Married on 06/29/2018

Our cake was out of this world! Our guest we're asking for take home packaging for cake, we highly recommend eva not only was our cake delicious but the design we asked for was perfectly executed and she gave us a take home tier of our own. Thank you so much for your dedication to our special day!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Ashley · Married on 06/16/2018

Eva is such a creative force. Everything was delicious and detailed to perfection. Will be using her again for future events.

Sent on 06/27/2018

Denina · Married on 03/18/2018

First of all, Eva is one of the sweetest people in the world. It makes total sense that she is in the confection business! From the moment we met, I was impressed. During our consultation, she sketched the vision of my wedding cake on the spot. We talked about the venue and decor as well so that she could be sure that the cake was perfect. And it was. We ordered the White Velvet cake (Almond Cake with Fresh Strawberries Infused with Grand Marnier and a Vanilla Bean Swiss Buttercream). YUMMMMY! But is was as beautiful as it was tasty & I know that is a hard find. Thank you EVA for EVERYTHING!

Sent on 04/10/2018

Camila · Married on 03/16/2018

My wedding cake was flawless and tasted delicious. The cake was moist and it had a perfect ration of cake, filling and frosting. All my guest were blown away by the different cake flavors. Thank you for the amazing service you and your staff provided.

Sent on 03/19/2018

Ava · Married on 02/17/2018

Not only was my cake stunning it was also delicious. I could not have been happier to use Bella Sophia as my wedding cake vendor, the communication was excellent and they were happy to work with my venue and florist. Thank you for the excellent service.

Sent on 02/26/2018

Catherine · Married on 03/17/2017

We were referred to Bella Sophia by friends who had previously used them for their wedding. We were impressed with Eva from the moment we had our cake tasting. Eva was very attentive, samples were fresh and tasty, and there was an impressive selection of flavors to choose from. Eva has amazing attention to detail and wowed everyone with her hand painted macarons and in particular the beautiful Sugar flowers that she decorated the cake with. Thank You for everything

Sent on 03/30/2017

Melissa · Married on 11/10/2018

0.4
      0.5

BEWARE: Terrible customer service.

I was considering using this bakery for my wedding cake. I read all the reviews and although many had similar horror stories as to what i experienced, I decided to give the bakery a try as Jenika (i believe the manager) was extremely responsive and helpful via email.
    I should have taken it as a bad sign when Eva missed the time she was originally supposed to call. I followed up with Jenika and then Eva called me immediately. We discussed having the samples sent to my address via UPS the following Monday/Tuesday as I live 2 hours from the location. I was promised to receive the shipping information early the following week. When I hadn't heard back from Eva regarding tracking i followed up with them. After two emails Jenika responded saying that Eva would hand deliver the tasting the following Tuesday afternoon as the weather is now very warm and they were worried about having it shipped.
    I never heard anything from either Jenika/Eva confirming that it was actually delivered so when I called my building I wasn't surprised when they said they had no package for me. I proceeded to call Eva asking about when i could expect the package and she informed she left the package with a light haired young woman in the lobby. My building called around the other surrounding buildings looking for this package/employee and no one meeting that description works at any of the 4 buildings. Eva then proceeded to call me rude when I called rightfully annoyed that the package I paid for was left with a stranger (if it even was delivered at all). If you want to be stressed and deal with a rude baker, then I would recommend Eva, otherwise watch out!

Sent on 06/20/2018

0.4
      0.5

I am beyond disappointed with Bella Sophia Sugar Crafts as a cake vendor. I am planning our wedding from overseas and as you can imagine, it is very stressful and I am reliant on good, dependable vendors that can help the planning and the day go smoothly. When I first reached out to Eva, I was really excited to work with her as her cakes look beautiful, customized, and she responded very quickly. In the beginning, her responses were prompt and I was ready to book her. Subsequently, she stopped returning my emails and I figured she was busy with the opening of her new shopfront, which I was very understanding about. I gave her a lot of time to respond. After a month went by, I decided to call her and touch base. Because the phone connection wasn't strong, I decided to ask my girlfriend in California to call her and help with the coordination due to the time difference and just to make it easier for Eva to return phone call domestically. She would pick up the phone, promise to call back after figuring out some details but would never actually call back nor respond. My friend called numerous times with the same no response and lack of follow up. It was clear she did not have time nor did she want my business. I think it is important to be clear in communication and if she is too busy, to be upfront about it instead of dragging it on for months. I gave her numerous chances as I understood she must be busy with other projects but I ended up wasting two months trying to follow up with her and waiting for her responses. In the end, I am going with another vendor. I think that business should be done clearly and with efficiency to save everyone's time and stress. I also do not think it is right for a potential customer to have to keep following up or chasing a vendor to give them business. If Eva were more organized and honest from the beginning, it would have saved us all time, effort, and headache from the beginning. I wish her all the best in her newest endeavors.

Sent on 05/31/2016

Bella Sophia Sugar Crafts's reply:

As I explained to your family member who was the one primarily making arrangements for you , I thought it was best for you to go with someone else , from your first phone call your actions were disrespectful and disorganized .i wish you the best.