Bella Bridal Boutique Reviews

72 | Saint Paul, MN

72 Reviews for Bella Bridal Boutique

Bella Bridal has some great dress selections. They were helpful in pulling dresses in my style that matched my budget.

Sent on 02/17/2016

Samantha · Married on 08/13/2016

Although there was a problem with my dress when it arrived, Bella Staff was Quick to order a brand new dress. They were Helpful and knowledgeable. I got my Dress, Head Band and Veil from here and loved all of them.

Sent on 12/15/2016

Katy · Married on 08/01/2009

I would recommend Bella Bridal to any bride looking for her wedding gown. They have a wide variety of sample sizes which made it very easy to try on gowns. The manager was very knowledgeable and eager to help with any questions or concerns that I had. The store was very clean and had a nice atmosphere. The only problem I had was that they would not measure me and order my gown if I did not have my actual shoes that I would be wearing for my wedding day. Since I live an hour away from the store, this was very inconvenient for me and I wished they would have told me this before I booked my second appointment. I was forced to go to a shoe store and pick out shoes that same day so they would measure and order my dress. However, when I had my alterations done, I still needed the dress hemmed. All in all, this was a small problem and I would still recommend this shop to anyone looking for a wedding gown.

Sent on 09/26/2009

4.2

Had a great experience here. Ended up buying my dress on my first visit which comes with a list of perks in itself. Also purchased my veil and belt from them. I think their prices are fair. Not incredibly cheap but not off the wall. Lots of variety of dresses to pick from and every associate I worked with was very kind and helpful. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 06/07/2016

Kayla · Married on 07/16/2016

4.2
      3.5

Bella Bridal was awesome! At my initial appointment, the consultant put me in so many different dresses of so many different styles - she wanted to be sure I knew exactly what I wanted. I purchased my dress at this first appointment and received so many perks for doing so. When my dress came in, it was huge so Bella sent it back to the designer for a rush order smaller size at no extra cost.

Sent on 08/15/2016
  • Julia

Julia · Married on 01/02/2012

3.8
      3.5

I would recommend this place to all brides:)

Sent on 01/25/2012

Robyn · Married on 05/26/2018

3.6

Good selection

The lady who helped us brought a number of dresses that I liked after we talked about what I was looking for. However, she did bring some dresses that were out of my budget (which was also discussed upfront).

Sent on 06/01/2019

Tia · Married on 07/18/2015

3.6
      3.0

found my perfect dress! make an appointment in advance before going

Sent on 07/27/2015

Jenna · Married on 09/21/2019

3.4
      3.0

I had a great experience there the only things I was disappointed with is that my dress did not come with a garment bag.all I got was a plastic bag to put my dress in. Tried to order my own garment bag through some where else and failed. Called Bella bridal told them how when I was there i asked if my dress would come with a garment bag at the time I was told yes. But all I got was a long plastic bag julie told me none of their dresses come in garment bags and told me one of theirs was $20 and recommended Amazon since I live 2 hours and 30mins away. The should have told me they sell garment bags to begin with so mad.

Sent on 07/22/2018

Emily · Married on 08/24/2008

3.2
      3.0

The people at Bella were very nice. Unfortunately, someone somewhere screwed up the dress order. Not sure if it was the bridal shop or the manufacturer. My girls all ordered different styles because we had so many different body types and we received 5 dresses, they just all happened to be the same style. My girls didn't get their dresses until the month before the wedding and it was very unsettling for me. The first time the bridal shop called me to tell me what the problem was, they initialling weren't going to get the correct dresses until 3 weeks before the wedding. Not very comforting for a bride at all. Even with all the trouble, they didn't even discount the dresses for the girls for the hassle. I was a little dissappointed.

Sent on 10/03/2008

Heidi · Married on 09/23/2007

3.2
      3.0

I loved going to this store to purchase my wedding dress. The facility is very large and spacious and it is fun to try on different dresses to find the one you want. I had great service in terms of my wedding dress. However, we also got our tuxedos from them and they came down to the wire delivering some to the venue a few hours before the ceremony. Great place for a wedding dress but I would recommend getting your tuxedos somewhere else

Sent on 11/09/2008

3.0

The staff at Bella is wonderful to work with when making selections. We got the bride's and four bridesmaids' dresses here and all are beautiful. However, one of the bridesmaids' dresses was 'defective' and neither Bella nor the designer would take responsibility. Bella insisted they checked the dress carefully when it was received, making them free of responsibility. When I contacted by e-mail, it took 3 days to receive a written response from Bella. Also, for anyone who works a full time day job, it is difficult to get an appointment because of their limited hours and they insist on appointments for drop off and pick ups, as well as shopping.

Sent on 01/07/2016
  • I

Annie · Married on 09/19/2009

2.5
      2.0

The shop is managed by a mother and her daughters as well as a few other staff members. I found it was mainly working with the daughters that we ran into issues.

When I first started working with the staff at Bella Bridal I was very impressed, they were all very helpful and knowledgeable. They didn?t push or act like they were in a hurry while I was trying dresses on. We decided to use them for our bridesmaid dresses and tux rentals as well.

For the most part my bridesmaids had no issues with getting their dresses and things ordered. However, my toothpick sized bridesmaid was told she needed to order a dress 8 sizes larger than she actually needed. When she insisted that she was going to order the size the designer?s size chart indicated they argued with her that according to her measurments it wouldn?t fit her, except when she got the correct size and tried it on, if she didn?t hang onto the dress, it would fall right off her.

The groomsmen were also fine when being measured and placing their orders, but when the tuxes actually came in the shop was very rude to them. One usher had issues with his jacket fitting wrong, and when he voiced this to the shop they told him that he was just doing it wrong and that it wasn?t their fault and he should ?figure it out?.

I had recommended this place once to my hair stylist, who needed a dress for the Marine Ball, but when she went in to check it out they were also very curt with her and told her there was absolutely nothing they could do for her without an appointment, even though the website indicated that apart from Saturdays, appointments aren?t entirely necessary. Will not be recommending them again.

Sent on 09/30/2009

3.0

POOR SIZING. Be careful in following their advice on sizing. My daughter ordered an Aline style dress, not fitted through the hips. She measured 4 on top, 8 at the waist, and they told her between a 10 and a 12 in the hips. Given that she was a 4 on top and that the hips were not designed to be well fitted, I think they should have advised her to order a 10. That is their job, to help brides order correctly. She ordered a 12. Because of that, the seamstress had to virtually re-do the entire dress. The top now fits ok, not wonderful, but passable. My daughter is not comfortable in the fit of the dress. It's a strapless and it is moving around more than it should. The seamstress also had to take in the hip area, so a 10 would probably have not only fit better in the hips, but would have made it so that the bust area would be well fitted, as a $1200 dress should.
    Moral of the story: don't trust their advise (or lack of it) when it comes to fitting. Consult a seamstress before ordering if you find the dress of your dreams at this shop.
    FYI: When I ordered my Mother of the Bride dress from Our Shop in Stillwater, the consultant there did an excellent job of steering me in the right direction for sizing.

Sent on 05/18/2016
  • Berklee

Berklee · Married on 10/11/2019

2.4

Wedding dress

I was initially very happy with Bella when I ordered my dress. Once my dress came in and it did not look like the sample I purchased and I had to work with the management staff I quickly regretted my decision of working with them. The management staff are rude and dismissive. After sending my dress back multiple times, I finally left with the sample dress. I also had ordered my veil from them, and was told it would be in August. After calling for an update in September, I was told it would not be in until October 6th..and we were leaving on a flight on the 8th for our wedding. Ultimately I did get my veil in time, but it was nerve wracking not knowing if I would get what I ordered and was not a pleasant experience for what is suppose to be on of the happiest days of your life.

Sent on 02/26/2019

Michelle · Married on 03/15/2008

2.2
      3.0

While the dresses there were beautiful and the store itself was clean and also beautiful, the service was awful. Although I liked being able to go around and choose the dresses that I liked verses having them bring random dresses to me, the associates were unfriendly and snobby. Also, when they were measuring my hem-length, they failed to tell me to put on a pair of shoes that would reflect the height of my heel. I told them that I wanted my dress to have a small heel and when I got my dress back, it was much too short for the shoes that I ordered at that store. Plus, they had recommended a color that they said would go perfectly with my dress, and the shoes were pink! THey refused to let me return them or re-dye them. And in fact, offered NO solution to the problem and were quite mean about the whole situation. I spent a ton of money in their store and I was shocked that they were so unwilling to make any concessions for me, offer any money back, or try to solve the problem. I spoke with the owner and she was incredibly rude to me. I spent $60 on a pair of shoes I'll never wear and they are sitting in my closet right now. I had to purchase other flat shoes. Again, they have a very nice dress selection at reasonable prices, but they were very unfriendly. My sister recently went there to check out the dresses and actually found a lot that she liked, but the sales associates barely talked to us and didn't even bother to say goodbye while we were walking out the door. We won't go back - ever.

Sent on 05/08/2008

Megan · Married on 06/13/2018

0.5

Beautiful shop with beautiful dresses. I did buy my dress here, but my experience was completely ruined when I was put in a dress, multiple times, that was way over my budget. I was very clear with my budget from the start, and even specifcally asked Paige (the woman helping me) to remove any dresses we picked out, that were out of my price range. I, of course, fell in love with the dress and then found out the price. I told her that i was very upset and never should have even been put in that dress. Luckily, the floor sample they had, fit me very well and they decided to lower the price to the very top of my budget (the very very top that i told her I didn't want to go up to until all less expensive options were explored first).

I asked to speak to the manager, to ask for additional discounts due to the mistake her staff made, but she said they had already adjusted the price more than they usually would for a floor sample. I never received an appology from the manager or Paige.

I was extremely lucky to be able to pay the amount I did, and to be able to pay that day. On top of no appology, and stated limits to lowering the price, they said they would only honor the lowered price until the end of the day. I had already tried on many other dresses and did not want to miss out on the perfect dress, due to someone elses incompetence, so I quickly changed, purchased the dress, and left.

I am happy to have my dress, but it is very unfortunate that I was unable to enjoy the experience of buying the most important, expensive dress of my life. I hope that this is not a regular occurance in their shop, and warn anyone going there, to be careful.

Sent on 10/08/2017

Natalie · Married on 09/14/2013

2.0

My dress is HUGE! As a consumer, I trusted the professional in her measurements, and that was a BIG mistake! It has been taken in over 3 inches on the sides and 2 inches in length. Not only did I have to pay almost $250.00 for the dress, I had to pay an arm and a leg for the alterations. When I called to share my disappointment, I was told that the dresses are not "ready to wear", and alterations are normal . If they would have ordered the correct size dress, none of this would have happened. VERY frustrated and disappointed!!!! NEVER again will you get my business!!!

Sent on 08/16/2013

Deanna · Married on 06/09/2012

0.5

Get anything they say in writing before you buy! I was lied to twice by one of their managers. The first was about a discount on a dress, the second was after I bought the dress they told me it would include the steaming of the dress, dropped it off to be steamed and was told that it was not included, I would have to pay for it. I understand trying to make a sale but when you wok at a store ethics comes into play. There are much better places to get your wedding dress and brides do not need the extra stress.

Sent on 05/24/2012

Sarah · Getting married on 05/22/2021

1.2

High-pressures, inflexible staff

I felt immense pressure from the sales staff to purchase a dress I did not love. Any hesitation I expressed was met with excuses such as "well, you can alter it to change that" or "no, I think that would work for your venue actually" and when I reminded the staff it was over budget, it was met with a very slight discount if I bought the store sample that day. I regretted the purchase immediately, contacted Bella that same day, but was met with more excuses (even from a manager who never met me, insisting the dress would work for me). Follow-up emails went unanswered, despite having legitimate questions about their terms of purchase (they claim both "30 day cancellations" and "final sale"). The pressure both during and after the sale and lack of compassion has turned what should have been an amazing time into a heartache.

Sent on 07/12/2019

Holly · Married on 06/13/2018

0.8
      1.0

Service while looking for dresses was great, but once we ordered service was terrible. My dress size recommendation was huge, the zipper didn’t work, and they wouldn’t do anything for me. They didn’t return my calls either.

Sent on 06/09/2018

Amanda · Married on 11/04/2019

0.6
      0.5

DO NOT COME HERE for bridesmaid dresses or if you are expecting any ounce integrity or decent customer service. I got lied to and shown the wrong fabric swatch and then received rude responses and snide comments when I said that the fabric of the delivered-dress was not the same fabric as the swatch that I was shown and told I was ordering. I have never seen such disrespect in the service industry in my life.

There are so many things to be aware of: 1) wrong information from the sales consultant about ordering the same color from different designers; 2) wrong information and fabric swatch from the sales consultant about the color of the dress I actually ordered; 3) rudeness of the consultant who was working with me when I picked up the dress; and 4) lack of desire on behalf of Bella to fix their own mistakes or help me find a new dress to wear in the wedding. Long story short: I was shown a dark gray, matte sequins swatch of fabric and told my dress would be like that. Instead, I get a shiny light silver dress and am told that it is all that the dress comes in. When I explained that I was shown a different swatch, I was told that that was for a different designer not this one and that I already paid for it and there is nothing they could do. Mind you, I am taking out all of the rude remarks I got from the second consultant, some of which you can find on other websites where I am posting this review.

All in all, customer service was abhorrent--telling us what we should have done instead of apologizing for the fact that we followed exactly what the first consultant told us we should do.

Sent on 07/12/2017