Belfair Reviews

Belfair View more information

4.6 out of 5 rating

Amanda F. Married on 03/19/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The most PERFECT wedding venue!

We were so impressed by Belfair - everything was perfect for our Wedding day! The food was mouth watering (the guests are still talking about it) and the staff was genuinely so nice + attentive! If you’re looking at wedding venues, I HIGHLY recommend Belfair (+ getting married under Avenue of the Oaks, so magical!)
    Lisa E. Married on 03/19/2022

Spring wedding at Belfair

My daughters wedding was amazing! Working with Jessica at Belfair and her seeing our vision was wonderful! She along with staff did a beautiful job with set up and we’re super attentive to detail. So Beautiful! The food was amazing, nearly every guest raved about the food! We did stations which we were so happy that we did! We also had a candy bar which was a huge hit and loved how it was put together! From the ceremony under the avenue of the oaks which is incredible to the sparkler send off we couldn’t of asked for anything better! Jessica, Roberto, Chef and staff were awesome!
  • Grace
    Grace G. Married on 03/04/2022

Better than I ever imagined

Belfair went above and beyond to make our wedding day absolutely perfect. The venue is stunning and the team is even better. Jessica was wonderful all the way leading up to our big day. She was organized, quick to respond to any questions and concerns, and made us feel at ease during the entire wedding planning process. Margaret was also amazing and especially helped the day of making sure I was always taken care of as well as my bridesmaids as we were getting ready. I cannot say enough about Belfair! We brought our decorations to the venue a few days prior and they set everything up better than I had ever imagined. Many of our guests said it was the most beautiful wedding they ever attended and to this day still talk about how incredible the food was. Belfair, you were the best!

Photographer: Courtney Price
    Florist: Gardenias
    DJ: Hilton Head Entertainment, DJ Alan
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Diane A. Married on 07/16/2021

Wedding Ceremony

My daughter wanted to get married at The Avenue of Oaks at the Belfair located in Bluffton, SC.
    The two managers, Jennifer & Jess were very accommodating to the entire wedding party & made my daughter’s ceremony an unforgettable experience.
    They went above & beyond with all the day of getting ready activities with the bridal party & groomsmen. The rooms to get ready in were gorgeous & the staff was outstanding. The food and drinks provided were first class.
    The ceremony was under the magnificent live oak tees lining either side of the entrance to the Belfair. It was ethereal! Thanks to the Belfair community for allowing us to have her ceremony in your beautiful setting! It is a day we will all cherish.
    Sallie L. Married on 06/09/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Wonderful experience at Belfair!

Working with Jennifer Simpson at Belfair was wonderful! She helped us so much with having to change our wedding plans due to Covid 19. From changing states to making it a small family wedding, she helped make it a beautiful affair with delicious food. The vendors she recommended were great too, Sean with A Floral Affair, Ivan with IVS Photography and Custom Confections by Carrie. It was such a special day and I recommend Belfair highly!
  • Jen
    Jen Married on 05/15/2021

A dream come true

Choosing Belfair as our wedding venue was the best choice we could have made! Belfair is breathtakingly beautiful (from the Avenue of the Oaks, to the formal gardens, and the grounds) and so unique; it was by far the perfect spot for our destination low-country wedding. Our guests were blown away. Jenny Simpson, the event coordinator, went above and beyond to assist me every step of the way; from planning a wedding during covid-19 to executing our wedding day without a glitch. I can’t thank her enough. The rest of the staff, the food, and the amenities exceeded our expectations and provided an all around amazing experience the whole weekend long. Our wedding at Belfair felt like a fairytale… I highly recommend!
    Christen R. Married on 07/12/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Stunning backdrop and wonderful service

Having my wedding at Belfair was simply perfect. I held my ceremony in the Formal Gardens behind the clubhouse and the backdrop was stunning. I could not be happier with the photos my photographer was able to capture of my wedding party under the magnificent oak trees on the Avenue of the Oaks. The scenery is really the epitome of southern charm and elegance!

Jenny, Ken and the entire team at Belfair were extremely accommodating and helpful. They made sure I was able to pull off my small wedding despite a global pandemic. Jenny worked with my vendors to ensure everything was seamless on the day of the wedding to make the room and setup look like something out of a magazine. My guests raved about the food and the attentiveness of the servers and staff. The safety protocols Belfair has in place for their staff eased my fears and allowed me to forget about the pandemic for the entirety of my wedding day. Spectacular views, excellent service, and delicious food...I highly recommend Belfair for your wedding or special occasion!
  • Jess
    Jess Married on 06/08/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Something out of a dream

If you are looking for a quintessential low country wedding, look no further. We chose to have our ceremony under the main drive with the live oaks and Spanish moss. There are no words for how special those photos are to us! When there was a change of events coordinator a month before the wedding, I of course wanted to panic. Dawn stepped in and was a rockstar. She made the transition seamless and the day was perfect. We booked three cottages for the groomsmen and bridal party and were steps away from the reception. The reception accommodated 180 comfortably. The food was absolutely to die for and we had multiple guests say it was the best wedding food they’ve ever had. The wait staff was extremely accommodating from the start as well. All in all, I could not have asked for more. The entire weekend was an absolute dream.
    Janice Married on 06/10/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had the experience of a lifetime hosting our daughter Brittany's wedding in our Belfair Community on 6.10.17. The venue, food, staff, cottages for wedding party, golf scramble, fire-works display, band, and unbelievable support of the community made the event spectacular. We're so pleased we chose to live in Belfair and have our daughter's wedding here. Thank you to the entire staff and community that made the event so memorable.
    Samantha Married on 11/26/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Loved Belfair! The setting is absolutely gorgeous, the staff very professional and helpful, and the food was delicious! Everyone kept commenting on how beautiful the wedding was and we barely added anything extra to the existing decor. They worked within our budget for the reception and everything turned out perfectly. I would definitely recommend them for any event.
    Sara Married on 10/18/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We recently got married at Belfair Plantation Clubhouse and could not have picked a more beautiful and amazing venue. The views are breathtaking and the staff is extremely friendly. Upon visiting Belfair and meeting Millie we were sold on this venue. During our planning process Doranda joined the team and she is equally as amazing. Both of them made our dream wedding happen. They took care of every detail imaginable and without them our day would not have been so perfect. The food at the club is amazing and the staff completed our plated dinner service without a hitch. Everyone raved about the food that evening as well as since then. The bar service was fabulous and each person at the club went above and beyond! This is by far the best venue in the Lowcounty!!
    Lauren Married on 06/07/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Belfair was absolute perfection! There were a few "must-haves" that we wanted for our reception and Belfair was able to fulfill them all! Food was most important, layout & comfort for our guests & beautiful scenery.

My mother visited Belfair without me even seeing the place and loved it. A few months later I was blown away by the venue space as well as the views!
    Belfair has a lounge area that we used for the cocktail hour and then moved into the beautiful ballroom for our full 3 course dinner. They have furniture in the lounge area that we moved out of the room to create more space for our cocktail hour stations and for the comfort of our guests. The flow of Belfair is perfect for receptions!
    A few weeks before our tasting we spoke with Chef Bruce to discuss our menu vision. He is an incredible chef! We had our tasting about 9 months out and finalized our menu a month out. The food from our tasting was absolutely delicious and same goes for the wedding day! Everything was spot on! Our guests continue to rave about the food!

Millie Grimes (catering director) and Chef Bruce make an amazing team. Their professionalism and hospitality made it a true pleasure to work with. We thank you so much for making our wedding day a dream!
    Melissa Married on 05/31/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Belfair is absolutely amazing. I can not rave enough about how perfect of a place it is to get married. I had a destination wedding there and my guests could not get over the beauty of Belfair. The staff is incredible, so friendly and kind. Millie and Doranda (the event and catering managers) are the best. They are detail oriented, so sweet and accommodating and went above and beyond for me and my guests. The grounds are flawless and very well manicured. The clubhouse is brand new and is gorgeous. The food is seriously to die for- so good! The cottages are perfect for guests to stay at. Everything about Belfair is ideal.
    Megan Married on 03/01/2014
      4.5 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Belfair is a beautiful location-- the oaks at the entry set the mood, and make for gorgeous pictures! Our outdoor wedding required very little accessorizing, because the scene over the marsh was beautiful as it was. Millie Grimes, the catering manager, was incredibly responsive and helpful throughout the planning process We received so many compliments on the food, and the few hiccups that happened during the day were taken care of quickly.
  • Taylor
    Taylor Married on 06/26/2021
    4.8 out of 5 rating

Beautiful Intimate Wedding Venue

Would love nothing more than to give Belfair a five star review. Gorgeous venue and perfect for our intimate wedding reception. The staff and services were outstanding!
    The only problem I had came down to Befair’s inability to maintain their financial records for my event. We had made a payment back in March which was withdrawn from our account and had email verification from Belfair that the check was received and deposited. Unfortunately when it came down to making the final payment, they didn’t have a record/receipt on file thus resulting in an overpayment. Jessica helped to rectify the situation to process a refund which was helpful.
    Still a great venue and would come highly recommended in my book!
    Austin N. Married on 03/19/2021
    4.8 out of 5 rating

Beautiful Venue

Belfair was such a beautiful place to get married! I can’t wait to see our wedding pictures in the Avenue of Oaks! My guests have said that the food we had was some of the best food they've ever eaten! Jenny was very helpful with vendor referrals! Definitely recommend!
  • User3462230 2+ years ago
    4.6 out of 5 rating
      3.0 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I am so happy we decided to get married at Belfair. We got married under the beautiful oak trees and had our reception up at the clubhouse. Unfortunately it rained during our ceremony but the entire staff was so supportive and helpful and they even found a pop up tent last minute for our ceremony musicians. They were extremely flexible and truly just wanted us to have the best day. We also stayed at one of the cottages, which was perfect for our flower girls to go back to with a babysitter after the ceremony. It is such a beautiful place, we can't wait to retire there!
    Russell R. Married on 04/09/2022
    4.4 out of 5 rating
      3.0 out of 5 rating

Beautiful location & fantastic team

Belfair was perfect location for us with string family links to the area. On top of this the venue is stunning. The avenue of the oaks is a wonderful entrance and the view over the sea marsh from the club house and garden is beautiful especially at dusk with the setting sun.
    The team at Belfair are friendly, professional and accommodating there was nothing that couldn't be done and the day was executed perfectly.

We give a special call out to the food which was exceptional. Cooking for a large group of 100+ is difficult at best and we had a huge number of guests make a point of telling us how good the food was and how much they enjoyed.

We would also recommend hiring the Belfair 1 or more of the cottages for a couple of nights. We had 4 and apart from them being beautifully presented and a pleasure to stay in the benefit of not having to travel on the day of the wedding cannot be understated.
    Nancy Married on 04/09/2022
    4 out of 5 rating
      2.0 out of 5 rating

An exquisite location

A wonderful place to get married. We had Jessica as our day of coordinator. She kept everything in order and did a splendid job.
  • User1662813 2+ years ago
    4 out of 5 rating
      4.0 out of 5 rating
    The food is outstanding!!---the banquet room is beautiful---the grounds are spectacular.
illustration stars