Bel-Air Bay Club Reviews

43 Reviews for Bel-Air Bay Club

• Sarah

Sarah Raffety · Married on 08/07/2020

Amazing Experience!

My fiancé and I knew that our dream wedding would be at Bel Air Bay from the minute we first saw it. Carrie and all the staff are amazing to work with and we can't wait for our wedding there! We are wedding planning from Spain where we live and they have been so helpful in answering any and all questions we have had as well as guiding us through the process. I would highly recommend this venue and can't wait until we tie the knot there!!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Rebekah · Married on 03/13/2020

Easily the best venue in LA

World-class. Professional. Breathtaking. Easily the best venue in LA.

My husband and I just had our ceremony and reception here and we could fill the pacific ocean with compliments to this staff. Jenny Martin and Cheraya Williams were such wonderful people in helping us plan. They were patient, prompt and flexible in a time of great uncertainty and stress. We will never forget their kindness and how unbelievably GREAT everyone is at their jobs there. That sentiment extends to everyone who staffs the venue. Our guests said over and over how it was the most beautiful, most delicious, most fun wedding they've ever been to.

Consider yourself lucky if you get to have your wedding here!

Sent on 03/16/2020

Kristi Yeung · Married on 01/03/2020

Simply the best

If you have the opportunity to have your wedding at Bel Air Bay Club, don’t hesitate—book it right away! The venue itself is stunning. The ocean view can’t be beat, and the building has the perfect layout for a great party. The space alone is reason enough to have your wedding here, but the service blew us away. From the start, the Bel Air Bay Club team made wedding planning so easy for us. Their pricing is very transparent, and our booking contact, Carrie, was so responsive and helpful, even though we weren’t able to visit the venue for a couple of months. After booking, our primary contact was Jenny. We didn’t have a separate planner, so we relied on Jenny entirely. She answered all our emails and calls, would send us helpful reminders, and was full of great advice. For the rehearsal and wedding, we had Keila as our coordinator and Esmerelda as our attendant. They were both brilliant. Keila kept us on schedule and set everything up perfectly! Esmerelda was so sweet and anticipated our every need! The team went above and beyond to take care of us, and they really made our wedding better than anything we could have imagined! Bel Air Bay Club is so much more than just a wedding venue. They really made our day perfect, and we feel so lucky we got to get married there!

Sent on 01/12/2020
  • Lori

Lori · Married on 11/09/2019

BABC is what wedding dreams are made of!

My husband and I just had our wedding reception at the Bel Air Bay Club about 3 weeks ago and it was seriously such a DREAM! We initially spoke with Carrie to book the event and she was super friendly and professional, and she went above and beyond to make sure everything was clear and all our questions were answered. I was so amazed not just by the beauty of the venue (overlooking the Pacific Ocean at sunset? Hello, gorgeous!) but at how much was included. Everything from the dinner ware and chargers to the linens and even the extra candles... and that’s not to mention the FOOD! A tasting is included and it was divine, just like on the wedding day. As the day got closer, I primarily worked with Jenny, who has become one of my favorite people to chat with. Seriously, she’s hilarious. She made sure all loose ends were tied and that we were able to pull off the wedding of our dreams. I didn’t know this at the time, but I even got a bridal attendant the day of the wedding! She was fabulous, like some sort of ninja who snuck up on me at the exact moment I needed something and had it ready for me before I said anything (including shoes, my dress bustled, extra champagne, food — literally anything I needed!). Everything from booking to the day after the wedding checking out in the morning was so fun and so easy. I’ve also gotten so many compliments from our guests over the past few weeks, all saying ours was the best wedding they ever attended. I’m so grateful to the BABC for that. I almost wish I could throw a follow up wedding just so I could relive it ask over again!

Sent on 12/02/2019
  • D Nguyen

D Nguyen · Married on 08/22/2019

Absolute Perfection!

Just look at the pictures — the venue is absolutely stunning! Having our wedding overlook the Pacific alone was worth the cost to us, but the BABC delivered much more than that. The entire BABC staff are professionals who know weddings and will make sure you don’t miss a single detail, and they will make sure all the entire operation on the big day will run like a well-oiled machine (I think they said they host 160+ weddings a year). They cared about our wedding as much as we did, and we really can’t say enough about the service they provided. The rest of the venue is amazing as well. There is a great courtyard area for the cocktail reception, as well as a patio area for everyone to take in the view. There are rooms on site which you and your guests can rent out, which came in handy for two of our guests who had young children — they could just run downstairs and check in their kids. The reception room is very spacious and has wonderful views of the ocean (while the sun is out). And the food is excellent — this is food that we would have been more than happy getting at a nice restaurant. If you’re lucky, the food at weddings is decent, but our guests really enjoyed the food. Honestly, I don’t know how you can get better than the BABC. Yes, weddings are pricey, but you will get more bang for your buck here, without question. I can’t say enough great things about our experience here!

Sent on 09/22/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 08/04/2019

The best decision we made for our wedding!

We knew from the moment we walked into this venue, that this was it. The price, the setting, the staff, the views- were all amazing and sold it to us. This is true California wedding vibes in a classy setting and the staff are amazing. Our wedding ran so smoothly thanks to the incredible staff on site who helped from the beginning of planning and on the day of. My bridal attendant was like my fairy godmother and I would not have survived the day without her! Krissy Allegra is amazing and so helpful with all of the planning and logistics, she also gives great advice. I would recommend this venue without a doubt and hope to attend a wedding here as a guest in the future!

Sent on 09/05/2019

Jennifer Wong · Married on 06/02/2019

AWESOME venue!! Thank you, BABC!

We feel incredibly lucky to have had our wedding here. It took us several months to find a venue, as we looked across a few different counties along the So Cali coastline. BABC miraculously satisfied all of the criteria that we were seeking: coastal, historic, private/intimate, a variety of outdoor and indoor spaces, and ideal size for various guest counts. It also offers incredible food, the best staff, and a decent value proposition compared to some other venues. Further details below - but, in sum, we loved our experience with BABC, which was the perfect venue for our special day. Our guests raved about it, from the spectacular views to the superb food and drinks. If you’re considering it, book ASAP because dates fill up quickly!

Setting - Beautiful venue with breathtaking ocean views and impeccably-manicured grounds. The building and interiors convey some old world charm yet are very timeless. There are a number of different spaces (both in and out) for your guests to move about. Spacious and lovely rooms for the bride and groom to get ready in.

Food - We loved the tasting event beforehand when we got to sample several food options and wine. Nearly everything was so delicious that it was difficult to finalize a menu. The chef definitely delivered the day-of... I just wish I had more time to eat!

Staff - The entire staff is incredibly attentive, responsive, and professional, which made planning less stressful and the day-of more enjoyable. We especially appreciate Krissy (our main contact), Jenny (our day-of coordinator), and Christine (who handled our rehearsal), all of whom were such a pleasure to work with. One of the fears I had before touring this venue was that a private club may be too stuffy or elitist. However, the staff is extremely personable and down-to-earth, and BABC is very flexible and accommodating (they allowed us to bring in donuts and accommodated some menu requests).

Value - There's a hefty price tag, but the pricing is comparable to or even less expensive than some resorts/hotels. You get more for your money, as many things are included (arch ceremony structure(s), aisle runner, easels, cake stand, linens, tables, chairs, chargers, small candles, etc). Plus, I saved by not hiring a day-of coordinator since the venue provided one (and a very sweet bridal attendant!). I was worried I had a lot of decor and personal items to set up, but Jenny handled all of it seamlessly and perfectly.

Sent on 06/01/2020
  • Kelly

Kelly Barker · Married on 05/04/2019

Unbelievable venue!

I got married here in May and could not imagine a better venue! They worked with us and our planner to ensure the entire day was perfect. Everything went seamlessly, the food was amazing, and the setting is breathtaking. I highly recommend getting married at Bel-Air Bay Club!

Sent on 06/21/2019

Tara · Married on 04/13/2019

Amazing Venue All Around!

Bel-Air Bay Club made sure everything was perfect from beginning to end! We're so happy we went this venue, the quality of service and food was outstanding. You also can't beat the ocean view! Their team worked closely with us on all aspects of the event and put us at ease with the entire process.

Sent on 05/18/2019
  • Paige

Paige Cram · Married on 02/16/2019

Dream wedding at BABC

We just had our wedding here in February 2019 and I can not say enough good things about this venue.

First off, from the first email to the day after the event, the staff are all incredible. The team I worked with was always very responsive, incredibly detail-oriented and VERY good at their jobs. I'm an event planner so I had pretty high expectations and the event team at BABC (Chris, Krissy and Jenny) exceeded them all. They have a workbook for weddings that makes all the decision-making a very easy process, and they are truly a full-service, all-inclusive venue that has everything you could possibly need--they even provided straws in the bridal suite so we could drink without smudging our lipstick while we were getting ready! They literally think of everything so that you don't have to. If you're a bride that doesn't want to have to fuss over renting chairs and glassware and dealing with anymore vendors than you already need to, this is your place.

On the day before and day of the event, the BABC coordinator, Jenny, made sure that everything went according to plan. Special thank you to her for putting up with my "energetic" family and also assembling our paper programs in the blowing wind and making that seem like it was no big deal at all. I've heard lots of stories post-wedding about the team going out of their way to make extra accommodations for vendors and guests. And we've heard continual rave reviews from our guests about the food as well.

This place is also stunningly beautiful. The views alone would be worth having an event there; we got lucky with the weather and had a perfect sunset over the ocean backdrop during our ceremony that blew all of our guests away. But the inside courtyard and living room area are also gorgeous and our guests really enjoyed having the space to get out of the noisy main room and have space to spread out. Sidenote: they have not one, but TWO working fireplaces.

The parking situation is indeed limited as others have noted, but we had 170 guests and provided a shuttle for everyone who was from out of town. That meant there were plenty of spots for locals and vendors and we encouraged guests to use ride sharing. As long as you let guests know in advance, I don't think this is a problem at all.

I can't thank the BABC team enough for making the whole wedding planning and wedding day experience a stress-free dream. Booking this venue was the best decision we made! (Aside from choosing each other of course...)

Sent on 03/05/2019

Kimberly Chou · Married on 12/30/2018

Simply exceeded expectations!

Simply exceeded expectations! The Bel-Air Bay Club made my wedding a dream! Everything about the venue & the team was beyond amazing! The venue and the view over the Pacific was just stunning (you can see from Malibu all the way to Palos Verdes on a clear day!). We had lots guests from the East Coast and the view from the venue was the one thing that our guests could not stop talking about. The team was beyond fantastic. Carrie, our sales manager, was professional and prompt in responding to our questions and requests as we finalized our contract. Christine, our events coordinator, was quick to respond and great to work with...we also loved that she would offer her honest opinion when we needed it :) Jenny, our day of coordinator, was great at keeping everyone on track and on schedule. Then there is Maria, our bride & groom attendant for the day (which we didn't know we were going to get so it was a pleasant surprise!), was just so sweet, accommodating, and attentive during the entire event. We LOVED working with of all them. They made the entire planning process and wedding day stress-free and smooth. People usually say that they had their dream wedding but the Bel-Air Bay Club & team made our wedding a dream!! Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/23/2019

Ashley Wilcox · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing Wedding Experience

The Bel Air Bay Club is amazing! They made our wedding day so perfect. From the beginning, they were so easy to work with and so responsive to any questions I had. I cannot rave about the venue and staff enough enough. Months leading up to the wedding they always checked up on me to make sure everything was great. The day of it was so organized and I even got an attendant to help me throughout the night. It was truly a perfect night!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Tatyana · Married on 09/29/2018

Wedding October 5, 2018

We had our Russian- American Jewish wedding here on Friday, October 5, 2018 and it was better than I could have ever imagined. The staff goes above and beyond to ensure your day goes off perfectly and makes sure to answer ALL of your questions and be accommodating as possible. Special thank yous to Christine Glymph (!!! - she is the real MVP leading up to the day and was so responsive and helpful and a delight to work with), Sonia (my amazing bridal assistant day of - I will never forget you), Krista and Jen (worked with them closer to the day but were also ridiculously helpful and sweet)!!!!! BABC will always have a special place in our hearts!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Ashton · Married on 09/02/2018

This is by far one of the best wedding venues in Los Angeles. We looked at 12 other venues before Bel-Air Bay Club, and none came close. Once we choose them, the staff was amazing and helped us turn our dream into a reality. They dealt with a lot of back and forth with us and really helped make this process as easy as possible. Everyone at our wedding could not stop talking about was how great the venue was and how wonderful everything looked. The food was really good, the bar packages were great, and the day-of staff was spectacular and made our big day stress free.

If you want a ceremony that overlooks the ocean and is a beautiful indoor/outdoor venue, then LOOK NO FURTHER.

Sent on 09/17/2018
  • Christina

Christina V. · Married on 08/26/2018

Incredible venue, incredible staff. Best venue in LA

10 out of 10!!! We had our dream wedding at BABC and would 100% recommend this venue. First, I cannot say enough about the team at Bel Air Bay Club. They go above and beyond. Not every venue does this and we were completely blown away by the level of service and quality of the staff. Thank you thank you from from the bottom of our hearts - especially to Carrie, Christine, Krissy, and Jenny. FANTASTIC team!!! Second, the venue is absolutely gorgeous - couldn't ask for better location in LA. It was our dream spot. Guests still talk to me about the view of the ocean at sunset. We felt like we were in a fairytale. Bel Air Bay Club is hands down the best venue and staff you will find in Los Angeles. The staff makes you feel like you are the only one that matters, even though they do multiple weddings each week - which means they have tons of experience. We are so happy and grateful to BABC!!! I would tell my closest family and friends to have their wedding at this venue. It will be the best decision you make in planning your wedding!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Molly · Married on 08/11/2018

Hands down, best wedding venue you could ever get married at. Most beautiful view, most organized team, and best food. Oh, and it's a private property, so you won't be getting married at the same time that three other brides are getting married. And there won't be any random spectators.

You also get the best of all worlds. You get married with an ocean view, have a beautiful floral patio for cocktail hour, and have a giant tall ceiling ocean view ballroom.

Even though they have almost 2 or more weddings a week, they make you feel like you're the only bride for the month. Krissy is the head lady and she responds to your emails so quickly, so planning is really easy with her. They even have a bridal assistant for you on day of that follows you around and gets you whatever you need, takes you to the bathroom, etc. We had some pretty weird requests and the BABC worked with us to make it happen. The food is phenomenal, we had so many compliments on it. They have done this so many times that everything runs so smoothly.

BABC has a easy to read packet that describes everything you need to know. Our day of coordinator was really on top of things, she got there really early and made sure we had everything we needed. The bridal suite is perfect, mirrors everywhere, and the grooms suite has the best view.

I got married on a Friday, and although Friday weddings aren't ideal, it was a huge price cut for the same amazing service. I highly recommend it. It ended up working out just fine for my out of town guests, etc.

Lastly, the staff is super down to earth, easy to get along with, NOT fake or superficial. That is something that really stood out to me. This venue is the nicest and holds the biggest, most expensive weddings I've ever seen. My wedding was more simple and on a Friday, and I didn't feel like I was treated any less of a person because we weren't spending as much as the other huge weddings they had there. We still received exceptional service.

Sent on 09/10/2018

Alexis · Married on 08/04/2018

This place was a dream to have my wedding at! Even though there was a lot of staff movement throughout the planning process, my questions were answered quickly and professionally. Everything was so well planned and taken care of on the day and my vision truly came to life! This is extraordinary considering I basically planned my wedding on my own from abroad. The Bel Air Bay Club is definitely worth every penny! Not to mention all the compliments from my guests .... the staff, the food, the location, views, etc. Can I also just give a shout out to Maria!!!! She’s the best :)

Sent on 09/14/2018

Jamie · Married on 03/11/2018

We had the wedding of our dreams at the Bel-Air Bay Club. The coordinators Chris, Tessa, Cuckie, and Ashley made the planning and our wedding day so stress free. The food was fantastic and the tasting experience with Chef Edwards was one of the most fun things we did in the planning process.
    The venue is gorgeous, the food is fantastic, and the BABC staff is wonderful... we couldn’t have asked for more!

Sent on 05/28/2018

Christina · Married on 10/08/2017

The BEST decision we made was choosing the Bel-Air Bay Club as our wedding venue- from the staff, the views, the venues gorgeous details, the quality of food, everything was perfection! My husband and I live in the east coast and it was essential to us to find a venue that offered scenic views of the Pacific Ocean, and the Bel-Air Bay club did just that and far more! Not to mention that the draw dropping views will surely impress all of your guests! In addition, as foodies ourselves, we were amazed by the quality of the food and all of our guests could not stop commenting on how great the horderves and entrees were. If you are looking for a venue with the most professional and accommodating staff, breathtaking scenic views of the Pacific Ocean, and exceptionally high quality food you found your venue!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Taryn · Married on 06/17/2017

A wedding planner's perspective: I have nothing but incredible things to say about Bel-Air Bay Club! The venue itself is simply stunning-- both inside and out (that ocean view is amazing but you don't have to be in the sand). Their staff both leading up to the event and on the day of the event were absolutely incredible. The food and inclusions far surpass other SoCal wedding venues without price gouging you. If you're looking for an elegant, waterfront wedding venue in Southern California, don't hesitate to check them out (once you do a site visit, you'll be sold)

Sent on 08/28/2018

Cherise · Married on 03/05/2017

We looked at about 30 venues before deciding on the Bel Air Bay Club, and we're so glad that this was the one we went with! On top of being a beautiful location with an unbeatable view, the staff was so helpful and wonderful every step of the way. We didn't even need a wedding coordinator! They really worked with us to make sure our day was perfect, and the food at this location (as well as their ability to accommodate allergies) was truly delicious. There were many additional things that helped make it great that we didn't think of ahead of time as well, like the variety of easels they let us borrow to prop up our homemade wedding signs, and an absolutely lovely attendant who followed me around (Sonia rocks!) the day-of and made sure I was all set with everything I needed. They were very flexible/helpful, and their audio/technology capabilities were on point as well. Would highly recommend this venue for anyone considering--the Bel Air Bay Club truly made our day special and magical for everyone involved!

Sent on 03/08/2017

Carrie · Married on 03/13/2016

Let’s start with the venue itself. It is a spectacular setting. The physical grounds are gorgeous and perfectly maintained. The building – the old clubhouse, cliff-side – is huge and elegant – elegant being the key word, not pretentious. Every detail is accounted for; the rooms are wonderfully decorated. My husband and I just found the clubhouse to be like a giant home for our wedding, which is exactly what we wanted. We had many out-of-towners and wanted to show them seaside part LA. Bel-Air Bay Club was just ideal to accomplish that.

The service: spectacular. Not only was Cuckie Zatti a pleasure to work with, she anticipated our needs before we knew them. She had everything taken care of – checklists, workbooks – it’s an incredibly through affair. Our day-of coordinator, Ashley, was also a delight. She obviously knew what was going on and how to shepherd things along gently. A couple of cousins had infants with them and were able to use rooms at the facility for child-care purposes; again, the venue was flexible and helpful in getting these needs met. Sonia was our bridal attendant on the day and she was outstanding. From helping with my dress during photos to finding an item left in our dressing room, she was on top of it.

My husband and I kept being told that wedding food wasn’t that important, that nobody remembered it, but, for us, that just wasn’t true. We love good eating and drinking, and it mattered to us that it be good – and BABC delivered. We had dozens of people come up to us after the wedding and say, “That was the best wedding food we’d ever had.” Instead of traditional deserts, we wanted a custom “wedding cake” – a tower of cheese wheels – and a gelato station. Chef Peter and his staff were open to the idea and executed it perfectly. Again, people loved it. All the elements came together at BABC to create an unforgettable event.

Sent on 09/06/2016

My Husband and I were so stressed out looking for a wedding venue, until we found the Bel-Air Bay Club and fell in love. The setting is stunning and the staff, especially Sofia, Ilana and Carrie, are unparalleled. As all of the details and minutia added up during the process, the care and attention of the Club's staff was truly incredible. My husband and our families still remark of all the little things we noticed, the details they handled and navigated, and the smaller pieces of TLC that made the day so perfectly special. We were consistently so impressed, and thankful, to have them there.

Sent on 03/02/2015

Julie · Married on 02/07/2015

When I first stepped onto the BABC, I knew it was where I wanted to say I do. The classy feel of the high beamed ceilings, the romantic Xmas lighted patio, the great lawn overlooking the ocean... What more could a girl dream of? My fiancé & I knew that this was it! On the day of our wedding, Ilana was our day-of coordinator... And literally an absolute ANGEL!!! I had NO worries... She is so sweet, smart, professional, and totally just gets it!!! It's not easy for me to let go and trust someone, especially on the most important day of my life thus far, but she really knew exactly what she was doing and knew exactly what I needed! Despite the fact that it actually RAINED literally 15 minutes before my ceremony outside... I STILL had NO worries because Ilana took care of EVERYTHING, including my stress. I couldn't be more relaxed! I had some champagne in my hands and Ilana and the entire BABC staff took care of EVERYTHING. All of our guests were soooo impressed with the efficiency and professionalism of the BABC staff and they did an AMAZING job to move everything inside (which was even MORE amazing due to the intimacy and backdrop of the rain on the windows!) The BABC could not have made it a better day for my husband and I! I was thrilled with EVERYTHING the entire night! Maria was also soooooo sweet and amazing!!! She helped me throughout my ceremony for anything I needed and was like a mind reader! Always there when I needed her! Both Ilana and Maria were my sweet angels and
    right hands! I truly feel blessed to have gotten married at the BABC & we had all of our guests just rave about how it was the most beautiful, classy wedding of 100s they've been to, some even called it the "perfect" wedding... I couldn't agree more. Thank you BABC for the best day ever!

Sent on 03/29/2015

The most beautiful location. Spectacular views. Professional and friendly service. The food was delicious. Very classy and elegant location.

Sent on 02/27/2015