Bekker's Catering Reviews

Bekker's Catering 3
Bekker's Catering 4
Bekker's Catering 5

Beth · Married on 09/24/2011

We were on a strict budget, and Bekker's was right up our alley! When we went in for our tasting, they were friendly, sat us right away and immediately offered menus in case anyone wanted something that wasn't part of our tasting. My brother and nephew ended up getting dinner off the menu, and they included it in the tasting and didn't charge us for the extra dinners.

I booked them about a year in advance. Any time I had a question or anything, I would email them, and get a response immediately. The day of my wedding, my food was delivered to my reception site on time, and everything was wonderful! We went with the Italian menu and I had so many compliments on how wonderful our food was! Everything was perfect. I have already recommended Bekker's to several friends and I would definitely use them for any parties I may have in the future! They are wonderful to work with and I never had to worry about anything! It was one of the least stressful experiences of my wedding, they're wonderful!!!

Sent on 10/18/2011

Amy · event on 03/10/2016

Prices are competitive, and even if they are slightly more than other caterers, the food and service makes it worth a little extra because you know you'll get the best. I trust Bekker's, and they are our "go to" catering company. Professional, friendly and helpful staff, from the first contact to the end result. You know you'll get delicious food that is artfully arranged, and professional, efficient staff. , The only negative I've ever experienced was that someone didn't like their coffee.

Sent on 03/17/2016

Lia · Married on 10/24/2015

Bekkers was a great choice for our wedding! We had 164 guests with a limited budget but still wanted people to love the food. Luckily, we found Bekkers and were very pleased. We chose a Hawaiian menu with pulled pork, BBQ chicken, cole slaw, rolls, fruit salad, and rice pilaf. They provided roasted vegetables for my vegetarians free of charge, which wound up being one of my favorite parts of the meal. Everyone loved it- even super picky eaters.

Barbara, my main point of contact, was very helpful and if she wasn't in the office I always got a response from whomever was on duty that day.

The only thing that keeps them from being 5 stars is the vegetarian options. The site says that there are vegetarian alternatives for each menu, but when I asked the options were pretty much side dishes or pasta. I've heard so many complaints over the years from my sister and bridesmaid that they are only ever served side dishes at weddings and I really hoped to get something substantial for them, but there just weren't any good choices. Ultimately the sides were enough food, but I wish there had been a real main course for them.

Overall, though, I'm very pleased. People are still telling me how much they enjoyed the food two months later!

Sent on 12/14/2015

Renee · Married on 07/11/2015

Bekker's Catering was affordable and had tons of food options to choose from. We chose a barbecue menu for our wedding. The food tasted good and most of our guests left compliments. My only complaint is that their basic plan only covers 4 hours which left us feeling very rushed. I recommend paying for additional time. They were very easy to deal with over the phone and via email.

Sent on 07/14/2015
  • F

Brittany · Married on 04/26/2014

David was our onsite coordinator and he was extremely helpful, professional and attentive.

Sent on 05/04/2014

We used Bekkers for our August 2012 wedding. From the very beginning Olga was extremely friendly and easy to work with. The prices are very affordable and the food was delicious.

Sent on 09/10/2012

katie · Married on 05/17/2014

4.2
      3.5
      3.5

they were great with the menu when we added things and changed certain things. one staff member was a little rude until she realized she was talking to the me, the bride. the food was good, but they had a spill of the horse radish that was a definite necessity for the prime rib. but food was good, hot, and there was a lot of it. the price was nice too, aprox $26/person. we also got our linens through them at a reasonable price.

Sent on 05/24/2014

3.8
      2.0
      3.0

We went with BBQ food for our reception and the food was amazing! Definitely very delicious. In the months before the wedding, there was little to no communication for the company. Each communication with them was initiated by myself or my day-of coordinator. At times it made me very nervous that I had no heard from them at all, at least to make sure that things were still on track. On the day of, the service was great. If you decide to work with this vendor, you just need to be sure that you communicate with them clearly, what your expectations are of them for your day. Aka making sure they will be providing the services that you are looking for.

Sent on 08/20/2012