Bekker's Catering Reviews

Bekker's Catering 3
Bekker's Catering 4
Bekker's Catering 5

Sallie · Married on 04/03/2016

Bekkers was awesome to work with, their food is delicious and they have a menu that fits every budget. So much to choose from: Greek, Italian, American, whatever you're feeling for your wedding. They were easy to work with and even had suggestions for us on how to make our reception go as smooth as possible. So great!

Sent on 05/04/2016

Mikki · event on 02/20/2016

The San Diego Chapter of the Women Marines Association used Bekkers for their 73rd Anniversary Celebration luncheon at the Veterans Village of San Diego on Feb. 20, 2016. Ordering was easy, quick response with the proposed contract, as well as a needed change to the contract, catering service was excellent, and the food was delicious and enjoyed by all. Several guests requested Bekkers catering info for future events. We will certainly use them again!

Sent on 02/21/2016

Almost every single person at my wedding made a point to tell me how great the food was! I have worked with Bekker's before on previous events, so I knew the food would be amazing for my wedding, and they blew me away once again with their service! I rented my linens through Bekker's as well, so they were there early enough to set those up, and then back at just the right time to have the appetizers set up and ready to go, and then again with the buffet for dinner. Timing is everything with a wedding, and they nailed it, all while being almost unnoticeable in the process! The foods that were hot were hot the entire time, while the amazing fruit display held up beautifully! I had a server personally cater to the groom and myself to make sure that we got food and drinks whenever we needed them! Bekker's is a smaller, family owned catering company that takes a lot of pride in what they do, and that really showed throughout the entire event, even to the timely cleanup. The entire process was great, as they are easy to get ahold of, every single person is available to help you, and they make changes and accommodating you the easiest thing! I will definitely be using Bekker's again for future events :)

Sent on 02/03/2016

Katelyn · Married on 12/31/2015

You cannot beat Bekker's for the price. I had a large wedding (250 people) and they beat out every other caterer's price for the stations that I wanted by $5000. They were completely willing to work with what I wanted and I was floored by how well they coordinated their table decoration with the New Year's theme of my wedding without even asking. The food was always hot and operationally it was completely flawless. Olga also did a fantastic job of finding my husband and I and making sure that we had food to eat the day of.

Sent on 01/20/2016

Candace · Married on 10/24/2015

There's a reason Bekker's came so highly recommended to us from our married friends, from yelp, from word on the street. They are AMAZING! My friends and family are still going on and on about the food, service, flow, relaxed and friendly staff, everyone so impressed on every level after our wedding last weekend!

From my first inquiry call to Barb, I was immediately made to feel like family, and given confidence that I was going to have a beautiful wedding because of their help. We fell in love with their staff and food after coming in for a tasting, and I knew this was the easiest decision we would make in our wedding plans next to saying Yes to my fiancé :) They have a huge, delicious menu to choose from, tons of add on options to make your theme come to life, and creative ideas and pricing to make it all a possibility no matter what budget you're working with.

So many little details go along with weddings and Barb has years of experience to make it all just perfect, we signed her up as a day of coordinator as well. But she was there for me every step of the way! I sent numerous emails and always had a response before the day was up, either offering advice or offering to handle it for me. They have great pricing for coordinator services and a list of vendors in San Diego with equally great pricing to make anything you want or need for your big day happen!

Come wedding weekend I was able to enjoy every step of the way because I knew our event was in good hands. Having Barb there was like having another Aunt running around! She wasn't just working her tail off making the venue look perfect, she also cared that we were all enjoying ourselves, handing out hugs and tissues...happy tears for our happy little family right along with us. The day was relaxed, heartfelt, and blew our expectations out of the water! She even took over baby duty during dinner for us!!

There's a reason why they get 5 stars, our day was beyond perfect thanks to Barb and staff!!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Bekker's was awesome. We got catering and rentals for an amazing price. They are so nice and accommodating and the food is AMAZING. Many guests said it was the best food they've had at a wedding.

Sent on 11/07/2015

Nicholas · Married on 10/16/2015

I don't usually use yelp for posting reviews on restaurants or services, but more for getting directions, and hours for businesses. But I decided I needed to sign up for an account so I can give credit to Barbara and the Bekker's Catering staff.

I recently got married and had Bekker's cater our wedding, and Barbara was our day-of coordinator for the event. I must say she took the reigns and handled all the details. This gave my wife and I, and our families a huge sense of relief. We were able to focus on other things and I don't think we could have done it without her!

A huge Thank You from us to Bekker's for doing such a great job and making our special night a stress free success!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Setup was great, the staff was very friendly, the food was extremely affordable and yet also delicious. The cake was SO good! I would highly recommend.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Annie · Married on 10/03/2015

My now husband and I went to see them for a tasting in January after becoming engaged. We met the owner Olga who was very personable and friendly and Barbara who did our tasting with us! The food was amazing. Bekkers is very affordable but the nice thing is, they do not sacrifice quality or taste (or portion size) at all. We had their California Cuisine menu!

We booked with Bekkers on the spot and also ended up hiring Barbara as our day of coordinator after falling in love with her. She is amazing and had experience working events at our venue and we knew that she was a firecracker who would keep our wedding running smoothly.

Through out the 8 months between booking with them and our wedding, Barb would check in with me about once a month to see how things were going with the planning and how my fiance and I were doing and the month of when it was coming down to the wire (and I was starting to freak out) she was always there to answer my million questions. I was VERY particular about how I wanted things done. I had detailed lists for the decor and set up for almost every corner of the venue, I had diagrams and pictures of how things should be placed and where. I am a total control freak and do-it-yourselfer so it was really hard for me to leave it all in someone elses hands and not be able to see what I had been imagining and planning for so long until the day of.

I have to say that everything was executed to perfection. I was overly impressed with how well it was all done and how beautiful it all looked. I guess I was expecting somethings to go wrong but it all was done so well. The set up looked amazing and every table and place setting was exactly how I had wanted and the food was delicious. Our package came with cedar planked salmon, chicken fettuccine pasta, salad, veggies ... and their Tri tip! OMG. All of my guests raved about how yummy the food was.

Barb was great abou

Sent on 10/29/2015

Ange-Lisa · Married on 09/19/2015

Bekker's Catering made our wedding reception absolutely perfect! We are so grateful for the fabulous food and service they provided us on our special day. All night and the days following our wedding reception we received so many compliments on the food! We had about 40 people at our reception at a beach house we rented following our beach wedding. Weeks prior Barb started all the details making sure to get everything perfect for us! She was so patient and I so enjoyed talking to her over the phone getting all of the details down! I never got to meet her but it was so evident talking with her over the phone how much she loves her job - I felt like an old friend of hers! On the day of the wedding Chris Hull arrived with her team to make sure that all was set up to our standards. From the food to the decorations everything was done above and beyond our expectations - she even made sure our cupcakes and topper looked fabulous with the decorations we provided! Everything looked and tasted much more than it actually cost! What a fabulous fun night - made even better since we didn't have to worry about setting up, serving or cleaning up the food! Thank you so much! We couldn't have done it without you! Love, Ange-Lisa and Chris

Sent on 09/28/2015

Linnea · Married on 09/12/2015

Julie is amazing! Hiring their company to help out with our wedding was the best decision ever, I don't think we could have made it without her. Julie is super organized and has everything under control, but still remains down to earth and relaxed throughout the process. She is very professional yet friendly and all guests at our wedding loved having her around. She is quick to answer emails and questions, and always comes with great advice or new ideas. On the day of she took care of everything: setting up table decorations, coordinating with vendors, managing the timeline, making sure guests were having fun and cleaning up in the end. We could focus on enjoying ourselves and trusted her 100% to take care of the rest. I can highly recommend both the company and Julie!

Sent on 11/05/2015

Tori · Married on 07/04/2015

My husband and I used Bekkers not only for our catering, but we also had a day-of coordinator. We can say that both services exceeded our expectations. The food was delicious and our day-of coordinator (Lacey) helped make our reception a resounding success!

Sent on 08/12/2015

Erin · Married on 05/22/2015

Everyone I worked with was amazing. Such a sweet team of employees and the food was AMAZING. They were so accommodating, making the planning and day of a breeze. The price was very reasonable for the amazing quality they offer. Everyone raved about the food for MONTHS even after the wedding. I definitely would recommend this place for your event :)

Sent on 07/04/2017

Tracey · Married on 05/16/2015

Last week was our wedding, Bekkers provided our Food and rentals. The showed up on time, set up, and returned to provide the food then returned to break down. The food was awesome, everyone commented how juicey appealing and great the food was. Thank you for helping my day special.

Sent on 05/19/2015

Adrienne · Married on 03/13/2015

We used Bekker's catering for our wedding. We highly recommend them for any event. The food was outstanding and the staff was wonderful to work with. One week before our wedding Barbara called me and walked me through the events of our wedding. It eased my stress on how it was all going to come together. We mostly did everything ourselves so this made my day. Also, I had my own linen napkins. She suggested that I drop them off to them the day before so they can fold them for no additional charge. It really added a touch of class to the tables.

Sent on 03/20/2015

Alice · Married on 12/27/2014

Bekker's catering did a fantastic job at my daughter's wedding. Heather was also my wedding coordinator for the day and she did a fantastic job. Very affordable and food was fantastic!

Sent on 02/20/2015
  • User4619785 · 2+ years ago

Our bride and groom wanted "breakfast for dinner" and Bekker's did an outstanding job. The buffet line moved so efficiently and everyone raved about the food. The fruit display was out of this world. The chocolate fountain was a big hit. There was plenty of food and the price was extremely reasonable. They helped to make the wedding perfect in every way. Easy to work with and very professional! Great job!

Sent on 12/18/2014

Alyssa · Married on 10/19/2014

We used Bekker's for both catering and Day-Of-Coordinator. Not only were they super helpful and professional but they worked with our budget. I think the bill came out to around $3500 for 170 people which was amazing!

Catering:
    ~Food was great! We had the Southwest menu and a fruit/veggie platter.
    ~They had no issue with my mom cooking her own hors d'oeuvres for the cocktail hour to save money

DOC
    ~Barb was fantastic. She looked for any possible way for us to save money.
    ~I didn't worry about a thing the whole day. Barb not only kept the wedding moving and organized but also made sure my husband and my needs were all taken care of.

Overall wonderful experience!

Sent on 01/19/2015

Delicious! Bekkers provided such an amazing variety of foods with such an amazing flavor, we chose to use them for both our rehersal dinner (50 ppl) and wedding reception (100 ppl).
    Our rehersal dinner was pretty informal, as we had fajitas dropped off with all of the fixings. For the wedding reception we had breaded mahi mahi with mango salsa, smoke chicken and steaks grilled fresh on site! The sides were delicious too, fresh salad, grilled veggies, and a mashed potato bar. Our guest are STILL talking about our wedding food 6 months later and how they weren't ashamed to go back for seconds. I've never been to a wedding where everyone cleaned their plates! You can't get more bang for your buck ( I looked).
    The team at Bekkers was very professional and accomodating. They were very helpul in assisting us with our menu and accomodating items for my gluten free guests. And if you're not a fan of wasteing food, they offer to pack up your leftover to take home; which was great for the after party.
    I was super happy with the quality and service we received from Bekkers. And it's clear that our guests LOVED the food. Not only would I highly reccomend them, I'm trying to think of a reason that would require me to have a caterer, just so I can enjoy it all over again.

Sent on 02/08/2015

Nichole · Married on 07/26/2014

We got our cake and cupcakes through Bekker's catering and the process was so easy. They are a fairly big company so there's always someone available on email or phone to answer your questions. We had to change our drop off time and they were very accommodating.

Sent on 09/02/2014

Craig · Married on 07/12/2014

perfect great food and service!!!!!

Sent on 08/12/2014

Jacqui · Married on 06/01/2014

They are a great company! We met with Olga and she was very helpful. We went in looking for just a caterer, but she helped us with table layout, table cloths, charger plates, and day of coordinating. Our day of coordinator Lacey was amazing. She met with us beforehand and completely grasped our concept. I can be kind of a control freak but I was completely confident in Lacey when setting up the reception room. She did an amazing job and even brought ideas of her own! She kept everything running smoothly and made the evening stress free.

Sent on 07/03/2014

Esmeralda · Married on 12/13/2013

Great service great food everything was perfect! Thank you so much! Joshua and Esmeralda St Charles

Sent on 02/06/2014

Bekkers was amazing! Their food was excellent. The staff was friendly and our day of coordinator was a lifesaver! She made the day go smoothly!

Sent on 11/24/2013

We had the BBQ Wrangler Menu from Bekker's Catering. Everybody enjoyed the food. It was hot, flavorful, and delicious! Everybody was raving about the pulled pork and also the Swedish meatballs that we had as appetizers. Bekker's was extremely flexible during our planning process. We must have changed the contract about 10 times before we finalized it. They were very patient and adjusted the contract for us almost immediately.

We also ordered our cake topper and our cupcakes through Cupcakes by Heather which is part of Bekker's. We got the basic yellow, chocolate, and white cupcakes. They were moist and oh so good!!! They were displayed in a nice way too!

We also used Grace as our wedding coordinator through Bekker's. This service was such a reasonable price compared to other places that we looked at. We added Grace to our contract to help set up and break down the venue, as well as keeping things flowing during the ceremony. She did a great job setting everything up.

The only bad thing I can say is that I asked our coordinator twice if she would be able to do the chair covers and sashes for all of the chairs. She told me twice that she would be able to. Then, three days before the wedding, she told me that I should hire extra set up crew because setting up the chair covers would take 2-3 people. Luckily, I had some friends that were willing to do the chair covers. I understand that chair covers take a long time to do. But I asked twice if it's something that can realistically be done and I was told Yes twice and then at the last minute I was told that No, it can't be done. It was just extra stress that I didn't need right before the wedding. Advice for the next bride, make sure every single thing is in writing. I didn't have that in writing so I couldn't really give a complaint.

Sent on 10/13/2013