Bekker's Catering Reviews

Bekker's Catering 5
  • Karlene

Karlene Moen · Married on 08/10/2019

Very good food

I went in for the tasting of Italian food. We had chicken cacciatori and penne pasta. They were both delicious. I am and will recommend them to anyone looking for catering. They have prices in all ranges. I am working with a strick budget and they were able to meet my needs.

Sent on 05/14/2019

Katie Discovery · Married on 07/20/2019

Another Great Event with the Bekker's Team

A BIG thank you to you and your entire staff that put together all of the beautiful food for our Summer event - - as always, the event was a huge success, and the guests absolutely loved the food. Everything was absolutely delicious, and we really appreciated the attention to detail with the decor, the sign that notified guests about the menu items. . .and truly your attentive and very kind staff that worked the event. Please pass along our gratitude, we couldn't have been more pleased.

Sent on 07/31/2019
  • kristin

kristin · Married on 02/16/2019

Great Caterer!

Bekker's Catering was recommended to us by our wedding venue, and we're really glad we chose them to cater our wedding. We decided to do the "Greek Goddess" menu, and the food was yummy. Our guests raved about the tzatziki sauce, and our vegetarian and vegan friends enjoyed the veggie kabobs. They were also super flexible and worked with our budget. The staff was easy to communicate with and responsive to my questions via email. They were affordable, professional, and the food was great!!!!

Sent on 03/15/2019

Melissa · Married on 12/15/2018

Super flexible

Food was the thing that took the longest for us to figure out, but Bekker’s was perfect! Our guests couldn’t stop raving about our food (we went with barbecue), and they made sure that we were taken care of before everyone else. They allow you to add guests and make changes to the menu up until a week before the wedding, which was perfect for us. We did our desserts through them too, and the cobblers were delicious. We were even able to add some last minute heaters that made the outside portion of our venue nice and toasty. We highly recommend working with them.

Sent on 01/03/2019
  • Sandra

Sandra · Married on 12/01/2018

Best Food, Service, Wedding Planner and Experience

Our first appointment was the food tasting, we were sold in two minutes, next came booking Tatiana as our day of wedding coordinator, but she went above and beyond the one day. She took care of so many details, took all my calls, emails and texts and made the planning such a smooth experience. If she wasn't my planner I would've invited her as a guest. The food, especially the cheese ravioli was amazing! All of our guests are still talking about it. I'm just waiting for the next even where I can use Bekkers and Tatiana again. Look no further, their positive feedback on all sites is true! They are the best, most professional, delicious, prompt, customer friendly catering I have ever experienced. I did a lot of research before finding them and their affordable prices are also worth every penny. They made our wedding so special and memorable.

Sent on 03/22/2019

Ashley · Married on 11/04/2018

Excellent caterer -- highly recommended!

We found Bekker's Catering through Yelp. We were so happy to have went with this excellent catering and setup/breakdown company, as everything went extremely well and our guests loved the food! We only have great things to say about our experience with Bekker's and would highly recommend them to anyone. The staff was easy to communicate with and were very responsive and helpful. They were very affordable, responsible and we enjoyed the delicious Mexican fajita / taco bar. Yum!

Sent on 11/13/2018
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 10/13/2018

Great Food

Their food was amazing! We went for the budget menu and added veggie kabobs, and it did NOT taste like we were on a budget! They were very helpful during out tasting and accommodated our special requests perfectly. The groom is vegan and they were able to make everything (except the chicken) vegan friendly! We got so many compliments saying this was the best wedding food they've had. I also got to take the leftovers home, which is always a bonus!

Sent on 12/07/2018
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 07/08/2018

Great service - delicious food!

Our food was hands down - THE BEST! We chose BBQ because it's one of our favorite types of foods and fit in perfectly with our backyard wedding. Ribs, chicken, baked beans, corn on the cob & cornbread was so plentiful for the low cost. They were also so accommodating when we needed to add vegetarian meals for our guests and even took my calls the day of and brought additional for last minute vegetarian guests.

Sent on 05/02/2019
    Bekker's Catering 6

RaeAnne · Married on 05/26/2018

If you havn't hired Bekker's Catering for your wedding, pick up the phone right now and call. If you want a delicious food, amazing service, wonderful coordinators and staff, and a stress free event then choose Bekker's. Having everything come from one vendor will make your wedding planning SO MUCH EASIER, trust me!

We hired Bekker's for our wedding in May 2018, 130 guests, and needed full service, including food, bartender, rentals, and day of coordinator. My wedding day could not have been more beautiful, relaxing, and AFFORDABLE. If you need a coordinator, ask for TATIANA PENIX!!!! I felt like I was planning my wedding with a best friend. She was so sweet, answered EVERY txt, email, or call within within hours of my calling, so organized, attentive, all her advice and recommendations were spot on!

Sent on 08/17/2018

Jillian · Married on 04/22/2018

I used Bekker's for my wedding on April 22, 2018. We had our tasting with them in August of 2017. My venue recommended Bekker's - but upon hours of private research i had decided I wanted to use them. If you want choices, well you definitely won't lack for choices with them!! (It's almost overwhelming how much food they have for you to choose from!)
    For cocktail hour we had a stationary cheese station, and passed platters of shots of meat and fruit skewers. (Nice mix of heavy and light we felt.) We did a 4 station buffet for dinner: taco station (we chose fish and carnitas), potato bar station, salad station, and meat carving station. The fish was excellent - not dry at all which is very unusual for a buffet as it's hard to keep them good! My husband adored the carnitas - thought they were so flavorful. We had a huge Aussie presence so the taco bar was a particular hit. Everything about Bekker's food is superb - we had a number of people telling us it was the best wedding food they've ever had. Their BBQ sauce as well is a secret family recipe, and is some of the BEST bbq sauce we've ever had! If you want absolute bang for your buck - the most amount of food for a seriously reasonable price. These are the guys!

We also used Bekker's to hire our bartenders, serve the cake, as well as help with cleanup. My parents said that without Bekker's help for cleanup, it would've taken them hours. As it was they got out about 40 min after the wedding - and that was cleaning up everything!

Barbara was our contact from tasting to wedding - and she has more than 20 years of experience - so we felt very well taken care of.

They made sure we - and the bride and groom - were specifically served during cocktail hour and had the first plates of food - so they made sure we actually ate, which was amazing.

Would 100% recommend these guys to everyone as you literally cannot get better service or food!

Sent on 05/13/2018

Bekker's Catering's reply:

Thank you Jillian! It was such a pleasure catering your wedding! You are the sweetest:) We wish you both the best!
    Olga and the Bekker's Team

Allison · Married on 04/21/2018

I'm so glad we chose Bekker's to cater our wedding! The service was great and everyone was so professional. They have so many great options on the menu. So many of our guests let me know that the Italian food was delicious, especially the sauce that's made in-house! The best compliment, "The chicken didn't taste like all the other chicken I've had at wedding. It was tender, I could actually chew it." :)

Sent on 04/24/2018

Bekker's Catering's reply:

Thank you Allison! It was a pleasure catering your wedding! We wish you and Sam the best!
    Bekker's Team

Elizabeth · Married on 02/10/2018

We found Bekkers on wedding wire and we were so incredibly pleased on so many levels. They are very reasonably priced, and we really wanted to stick to a budget as catering can get so expensive. From the first tasting meeting, to quick communication and great food, it was such an easy experience and my husband and I were so grateful for that! The staff on the day of wedding was so professional and went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of as well as our guests. We ended up having lot's of left overs (Chicken, pulled pork and Roast Beef) and we enjoyed that for the next two days.

Sent on 02/21/2018

Bekker's Catering's reply:

Hi Lisa! Thank you so much! You were the sweetest to work with and it was our pleasure!!! We wish a lifetime of happiness!!!
    Bekker's Team

Connie · Married on 09/30/2017

We are so grateful for Bekker's catering for our daughter's wedding. They were very patient with us and we had lots of compliments about the food. The staff was awesome during the whole event. We will definitely use them again.

Sent on 10/13/2017

Charmayne · Married on 09/24/2017

Bekker's Catering is simply spectacular, from our site inspection, event and even clean up, without hesitation exceptional service, delicious food, professional but warm and gracious to our guest. When the chef and crew left they even took the trash and our home was spotless, it was difficult to believe that we had just entertained 50 people. I recommend Bekker's and will definitely be calling them again, thank you Barbara and the entire staff. Many guests made the time to call me, even received thank you notes for our fabulous party! and yes...ask for your contact info!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Reshaunda · Married on 09/02/2017

Highly, highly, highly recommended!!! The customer service provided from beginning to end was amazing! We chose the Caribbean cuisine for our reception and it was flavorful and delicious! Our guests really enjoyed everything served. Thank you for everything Bekker's!

Sent on 10/09/2017
    Bekker's Catering 7

Maria · Married on 08/25/2017

From the minute we chose Bekker's for my son and future daughter in law's wedding, it was the best experience ever. Barbara walked us through every step of the way and felt like family not a business person. The tasting seemed more like a dinner party than a tasting, we had so much fun. We had them cater the rehearsal dinner food, (as well as the chairs and tables which they delivered and picked up at the wedding for us)all of the food was amazing down to the chips and salsa, for 20 people we ate like 40 ! Barbara called and emailed frequently just to touch base all the way to the day before the wedding . They supplied the most beautiful wedding arch complete with flower decoration that made the wedding pictures complete overlooking Coronado. The wedding started a little late and as soon as it was over the staff came to the lawn with roaming trays of appetizers since they knew we were hungry. We had the salmon and chicken as the main course, it was the best ever and how they kept it perfect with us being fashionably late I have no idea. Barbara even followed up after the wedding and we have shared pictures of the event and stories, she is truly one of a kind . Do not hesitate to have Bekker's cater any event , they are truly amazing .

Sent on 10/17/2017
    Bekker's Catering 8
    Bekker's Catering 9
    Bekker's Catering 10

Leah · Married on 08/11/2017

Originally, Bekkers caught my eye because it was so affordable. However, the quality of food and classi-ness of presentation will have all of your guests thinking you paid much much more! Not only was the food wonderful and the price right, but the service was exceptional...above and beyond. From the tasting to the preparation, to the day of delivery, Bekkers was perfection. At the beginning of the reception, a server came to my husband and me to see if he could make us up a plate of food, as we were busy greeting guests and may not get to the food. So thoughtful!

Sent on 08/14/2017

paige · Married on 02/18/2017

LOVE LOVE LOVE! Thank you Barbara and Bekkers for being so AMAZING! I have had the pleasure of working with Barbara at other weddings and I knew they were a great match! We got so many compliments that the food was on point and such great service. Thank you XOXO

Sent on 03/01/2017

Eileen · Married on 11/26/2016

Book them right away - they're terrific, absolutely the best. Their product and services are the tops!

Sent on 12/21/2016

Kristen · Married on 09/30/2016

My husband and I booked Bekker's for our wedding and couldn't have been happier with the decision. They were AWESOME! Menu options listed on website but can totally make customizations to fit any wedding. They were very accommodating with our budget.They worked seamlessly with our wedding planner. Provided stellar service on our wedding day and went above and beyond what we anticipated. We absolutely would recommend Bekker's Catering for any wedding.

Sent on 10/17/2016

Tim · Married on 09/25/2016

Bekker's catered our wedding this weekend and everything was AMAZING! We worked with Barbara and Olga to plan our meal and from the start they made us feel comfortable and welcome. The provided everything as promised and then some! Their serving staff was top notch - they worked like a well-oiled machine, setting up, serving, cleaning up and packing up leftovers for us to bring home. And the food - oh my gosh! The food was fantastic. We got SO many compliments on the food. My oldest brother was so impressed with the tri-tip that he asked the staff if they ran a restaurant he could go to so he could add them to his list of favorite places! (Sadly, no restaurant - just excellent catering). And considering all that we got, the meal was very reasonably priced. We couldn't be more thrilled with the way our reception turned out. Thank you so much to Bekker's for the excellent service and high quality dining. It was a pleasure working with you and our reception went off without a hitch!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Kenzie · Married on 09/10/2016

Bekker's was amazing in their customer service, professionalism, and the food was amazing! Barbara continuously checked in with me the months leading up to my wedding. Both Barbara and the rest of the staff were very easy to get a hold of and always offered to go the extra mile. They had a wide variety of food to choose from and made sure to give us options within our budget. Everything went extremely smooth on the day of the wedding and they did a wonderful job providing delicious food and a wonderful set-up. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a caterer for a special event!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Dan · Married on 08/20/2016

Having good food for our guests was one of our biggest concerns for our daughter's August 2016 wedding. Keeping cost under control was also important. Of the caterers we contacted, Bekker's was the easiest to do business with, the most responsive, and offered the broadest selection of prices and services. We were planning from across the country, so we appreciated Bekker's great service, communication, and flexibility. We met repeatedly with Bekker's to evaluate food options. Through many months of planning, we changed our menu and options frequently. Barbara was always patient and professional in assisting us, making helpful recommendations, guiding us through the process, and making sure that every detail was covered. We opted for Tri Tip, Boneless Chicken Breast in Mushroom Cabernet, Roasted Red Potatoes, Steamed Fresh Green Beans Amandine, and Spring Mix. Gluten-free and vegetarian options were an important requirement. Bekker's handled everything superbly, and the food was excellent. Using Bekker's for table and chair rentals also worked well for us. Bekker's was experienced with our venue, Hazy Meadows, and helped us plan accordingly. We hired Lacey from Bekker's as our wedding day coordinator. We initially hesitated to hire a coordinator, but we were sure glad we did. Lacey was fantastic and enabled us to focus on our friends and family instead of the logistics. Thank you so much, Bekker's. You helped make a perfect wedding day.

Sent on 04/01/2017

Stephanie · Married on 06/19/2016

We booked Bekker's for our wedding and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect evening. All the food was delicious and all the staff was awesome. The day of coordinator, Barbara, really went above and beyond what was expected, which took a lot of stress off of us so we were able to enjoy the wedding without worrying about anything. She worked really great with all the vendors (DJ, photographer, officiant) and guests to make sure the ceremony and reception went well. Barbara even showed us how to do a few dances. I received so many compliments on the food and how great the staff was from my guests. I definitely would recommend Bekker's for any event and look forward to working with them again in the future.

Sent on 11/18/2016

Avram (Alan) · event on 04/24/2016

Dear Olga and the team at Bekker's catering. On behalf of Calvary Chapel of Oceanside I want to thank you very much for an excellent buffet. The food and dessert were absolutely delicious. I will be telling others about your wonderful and superb excellent service last night for our Passover Seder. We hope to do more business with you in 2016.

Sent on 04/26/2016