73 Reviews for Bekker's Catering

Outside Alcohol (1)
Champagne Toast (1)
Chairs (1)
69 Bekker's Catering Reviews

I used Bekker's for my wedding on April 22, 2018. We had our tasting with them in August of 2017. My venue recommended Bekker's - but upon hours of private research i had decided I wanted to use them. If you want choices, well you definitely won't lack for choices with them!! (It's almost overwhelming how much food they have for you to choose from!)
For cocktail hour we had a stationary cheese station, and passed platters of shots of meat and fruit skewers. (Nice mix of heavy and light we felt.) We did a 4 station buffet for dinner: taco station (we chose fish and carnitas), potato bar station, salad station, and meat carving station. The fish was excellent - not dry at all which is very unusual for a buffet as it's hard to keep them good! My husband adored the carnitas - thought they were so flavorful. We had a huge Aussie presence so the taco bar was a particular hit. Everything about Bekker's food is superb - we had a number of people telling us it was the best wedding food they've ever had. Their BBQ sauce as well is a secret family recipe, and is some of the BEST bbq sauce we've ever had! If you want absolute bang for your buck - the most amount of food for a seriously reasonable price. These are the guys!

We also used Bekker's to hire our bartenders, serve the cake, as well as help with cleanup. My parents said that without Bekker's help for cleanup, it would've taken them hours. As it was they got out about 40 min after the wedding - and that was cleaning up everything!

Barbara was our contact from tasting to wedding - and she has more than 20 years of experience - so we felt very well taken care of.

They made sure we - and the bride and groom - were specifically served during cocktail hour and had the first plates of food - so they made sure we actually ate, which was amazing.

Would 100% recommend these guys to everyone as you literally cannot get better service or food!

Profile Picture Jillian, 4/22/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Vegetarian, American, BBQ, German, Mexican, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Open Bar

I'm so glad we chose Bekker's to cater our wedding! The service was great and everyone was so professional. They have so many great options on the menu. So many of our guests let me know that the Italian food was delicious, especially the sauce that's made in-house! The best compliment, "The chicken didn't taste like all the other chicken I've had at wedding. It was tender, I could actually chew it." :)

Profile Picture Allison, 4/21/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Italian

We found Bekkers on wedding wire and we were so incredibly pleased on so many levels. They are very reasonably priced, and we really wanted to stick to a budget as catering can get so expensive. From the first tasting meeting, to quick communication and great food, it was such an easy experience and my husband and I were so grateful for that! The staff on the day of wedding was so professional and went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of as well as our guests. We ended up having lot's of left overs (Chicken, pulled pork and Roast Beef) and we enjoyed that for the next two days.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 2/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We are so grateful for Bekker's catering for our daughter's wedding. They were very patient with us and we had lots of compliments about the food. The staff was awesome during the whole event. We will definitely use them again.

Profile Picture Connie, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Bekker's Catering is simply spectacular, from our site inspection, event and even clean up, without hesitation exceptional service, delicious food, professional but warm and gracious to our guest. When the chef and crew left they even took the trash and our home was spotless, it was difficult to believe that we had just entertained 50 people. I recommend Bekker's and will definitely be calling them again, thank you Barbara and the entire staff. Many guests made the time to call me, even received thank you notes for our fabulous party! and yes...ask for your contact info!

Profile Picture Charmayne , 9/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Highly, highly, highly recommended!!! The customer service provided from beginning to end was amazing! We chose the Caribbean cuisine for our reception and it was flavorful and delicious! Our guests really enjoyed everything served. Thank you for everything Bekker's!

Profile Picture Reshaunda, 9/2/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Server(s), Caribbean

From the minute we chose Bekker's for my son and future daughter in law's wedding, it was the best experience ever. Barbara walked us through every step of the way and felt like family not a business person. The tasting seemed more like a dinner party than a tasting, we had so much fun. We had them cater the rehearsal dinner food, (as well as the chairs and tables which they delivered and picked up at the wedding for us)all of the food was amazing down to the chips and salsa, for 20 people we ate like 40 ! Barbara called and emailed frequently just to touch base all the way to the day before the wedding . They supplied the most beautiful wedding arch complete with flower decoration that made the wedding pictures complete overlooking Coronado. The wedding started a little late and as soon as it was over the staff came to the lawn with roaming trays of appetizers since they knew we were hungry. We had the salmon and chicken as the main course, it was the best ever and how they kept it perfect with us being fashionably late I have no idea. Barbara even followed up after the wedding and we have shared pictures of the event and stories, she is truly one of a kind . Do not hesitate to have Bekker's cater any event , they are truly amazing .

Photo for Bekker's Catering Review - beautiful feast of salads
Photo for Bekker's Catering Review - plate full of yummy food
Photo for Bekker's Catering Review - roaming wait staff with appetizers
Profile Picture Maria, 8/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Originally, Bekkers caught my eye because it was so affordable. However, the quality of food and classi-ness of presentation will have all of your guests thinking you paid much much more! Not only was the food wonderful and the price right, but the service was exceptional...above and beyond. From the tasting to the preparation, to the day of delivery, Bekkers was perfection. At the beginning of the reception, a server came to my husband and me to see if he could make us up a plate of food, as we were busy greeting guests and may not get to the food. So thoughtful!

Profile Picture Leah, 8/11/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

LOVE LOVE LOVE! Thank you Barbara and Bekkers for being so AMAZING! I have had the pleasure of working with Barbara at other weddings and I knew they were a great match! We got so many compliments that the food was on point and such great service. Thank you XOXO

Profile Picture paige, 2/18/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

Book them right away - they're terrific, absolutely the best. Their product and services are the tops!

Profile Picture Eileen, 11/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

My husband and I booked Bekker's for our wedding and couldn't have been happier with the decision. They were AWESOME! Menu options listed on website but can totally make customizations to fit any wedding. They were very accommodating with our budget.They worked seamlessly with our wedding planner. Provided stellar service on our wedding day and went above and beyond what we anticipated. We absolutely would recommend Bekker's Catering for any wedding.

Profile Picture Kristen, 9/30/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Gluten Free, Clean Up, Set Up, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated

Bekker's catered our wedding this weekend and everything was AMAZING! We worked with Barbara and Olga to plan our meal and from the start they made us feel comfortable and welcome. The provided everything as promised and then some! Their serving staff was top notch - they worked like a well-oiled machine, setting up, serving, cleaning up and packing up leftovers for us to bring home. And the food - oh my gosh! The food was fantastic. We got SO many compliments on the food. My oldest brother was so impressed with the tri-tip that he asked the staff if they ran a restaurant he could go to so he could add them to his list of favorite places! (Sadly, no restaurant - just excellent catering). And considering all that we got, the meal was very reasonably priced. We couldn't be more thrilled with the way our reception turned out. Thank you so much to Bekker's for the excellent service and high quality dining. It was a pleasure working with you and our reception went off without a hitch!

Profile Picture Tim, 9/25/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Bekker's was amazing in their customer service, professionalism, and the food was amazing! Barbara continuously checked in with me the months leading up to my wedding. Both Barbara and the rest of the staff were very easy to get a hold of and always offered to go the extra mile. They had a wide variety of food to choose from and made sure to give us options within our budget. Everything went extremely smooth on the day of the wedding and they did a wonderful job providing delicious food and a wonderful set-up. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a caterer for a special event!

Profile Picture Kenzie, 9/10/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

Having good food for our guests was one of our biggest concerns for our daughter's August 2016 wedding. Keeping cost under control was also important. Of the caterers we contacted, Bekker's was the easiest to do business with, the most responsive, and offered the broadest selection of prices and services. We were planning from across the country, so we appreciated Bekker's great service, communication, and flexibility. We met repeatedly with Bekker's to evaluate food options. Through many months of planning, we changed our menu and options frequently. Barbara was always patient and professional in assisting us, making helpful recommendations, guiding us through the process, and making sure that every detail was covered. We opted for Tri Tip, Boneless Chicken Breast in Mushroom Cabernet, Roasted Red Potatoes, Steamed Fresh Green Beans Amandine, and Spring Mix. Gluten-free and vegetarian options were an important requirement. Bekker's handled everything superbly, and the food was excellent. Using Bekker's for table and chair rentals also worked well for us. Bekker's was experienced with our venue, Hazy Meadows, and helped us plan accordingly. We hired Lacey from Bekker's as our wedding day coordinator. We initially hesitated to hire a coordinator, but we were sure glad we did. Lacey was fantastic and enabled us to focus on our friends and family instead of the logistics. Thank you so much, Bekker's. You helped make a perfect wedding day.

Profile Picture Dan, 8/20/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning

We booked Bekker's for our wedding and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect evening. All the food was delicious and all the staff was awesome. The day of coordinator, Barbara, really went above and beyond what was expected, which took a lot of stress off of us so we were able to enjoy the wedding without worrying about anything. She worked really great with all the vendors (DJ, photographer, officiant) and guests to make sure the ceremony and reception went well. Barbara even showed us how to do a few dances. I received so many compliments on the food and how great the staff was from my guests. I definitely would recommend Bekker's for any event and look forward to working with them again in the future.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/19/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

Bekkers was awesome to work with, their food is delicious and they have a menu that fits every budget. So much to choose from: Greek, Italian, American, whatever you're feeling for your wedding. They were easy to work with and even had suggestions for us on how to make our reception go as smooth as possible. So great!

Profile Picture Sallie, 4/3/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegan, Vegetarian, Buffet, Server(s), Stations, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Mediterranean

Almost every single person at my wedding made a point to tell me how great the food was! I have worked with Bekker's before on previous events, so I knew the food would be amazing for my wedding, and they blew me away once again with their service! I rented my linens through Bekker's as well, so they were there early enough to set those up, and then back at just the right time to have the appetizers set up and ready to go, and then again with the buffet for dinner. Timing is everything with a wedding, and they nailed it, all while being almost unnoticeable in the process! The foods that were hot were hot the entire time, while the amazing fruit display held up beautifully! I had a server personally cater to the groom and myself to make sure that we got food and drinks whenever we needed them! Bekker's is a smaller, family owned catering company that takes a lot of pride in what they do, and that really showed throughout the entire event, even to the timely cleanup. The entire process was great, as they are easy to get ahold of, every single person is available to help you, and they make changes and accommodating you the easiest thing! I will definitely be using Bekker's again for future events :)

Profile Picture User5562387, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Mexican

You cannot beat Bekker's for the price. I had a large wedding (250 people) and they beat out every other caterer's price for the stations that I wanted by $5000. They were completely willing to work with what I wanted and I was floored by how well they coordinated their table decoration with the New Year's theme of my wedding without even asking. The food was always hot and operationally it was completely flawless. Olga also did a fantastic job of finding my husband and I and making sure that we had food to eat the day of.

Profile Picture Katelyn, 12/31/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegetarian, American, Italian, Mexican, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

There's a reason Bekker's came so highly recommended to us from our married friends, from yelp, from word on the street. They are AMAZING! My friends and family are still going on and on about the food, service, flow, relaxed and friendly staff, everyone so impressed on every level after our wedding last weekend!

From my first inquiry call to Barb, I was immediately made to feel like family, and given confidence that I was going to have a beautiful wedding because of their help. We fell in love with their staff and food after coming in for a tasting, and I knew this was the easiest decision we would make in our wedding plans next to saying Yes to my fiancé :) They have a huge, delicious menu to choose from, tons of add on options to make your theme come to life, and creative ideas and pricing to make it all a possibility no matter what budget you're working with.

So many little details go along with weddings and Barb has years of experience to make it all just perfect, we signed her up as a day of coordinator as well. But she was there for me every step of the way! I sent numerous emails and always had a response before the day was up, either offering advice or offering to handle it for me. They have great pricing for coordinator services and a list of vendors in San Diego with equally great pricing to make anything you want or need for your big day happen!

Come wedding weekend I was able to enjoy every step of the way because I knew our event was in good hands. Having Barb there was like having another Aunt running around! She wasn't just working her tail off making the venue look perfect, she also cared that we were all enjoying ourselves, handing out hugs and tissues...happy tears for our happy little family right along with us. The day was relaxed, heartfelt, and blew our expectations out of the water! She even took over baby duty during dinner for us!!

There's a reason why they get 5 stars, our day was beyond perfect thanks to Barb and staff!!

Profile Picture Candace, 10/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, American, Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol

Bekker's was awesome. We got catering and rentals for an amazing price. They are so nice and accommodating and the food is AMAZING. Many guests said it was the best food they've had at a wedding.

Profile Picture User5594326, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), American, Chairs, Tables

I don't usually use yelp for posting reviews on restaurants or services, but more for getting directions, and hours for businesses. But I decided I needed to sign up for an account so I can give credit to Barbara and the Bekker's Catering staff.

I recently got married and had Bekker's cater our wedding, and Barbara was our day-of coordinator for the event. I must say she took the reigns and handled all the details. This gave my wife and I, and our families a huge sense of relief. We were able to focus on other things and I don't think we could have done it without her!

A huge Thank You from us to Bekker's for doing such a great job and making our special night a stress free success!

Profile Picture Nicholas, 10/16/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, American, Vegetarian, Bartender(s)

Setup was great, the staff was very friendly, the food was extremely affordable and yet also delicious. The cake was SO good! I would highly recommend.

Profile Picture Vanessa, 10/10/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

My now husband and I went to see them for a tasting in January after becoming engaged. We met the owner Olga who was very personable and friendly and Barbara who did our tasting with us! The food was amazing. Bekkers is very affordable but the nice thing is, they do not sacrifice quality or taste (or portion size) at all. We had their California Cuisine menu!

We booked with Bekkers on the spot and also ended up hiring Barbara as our day of coordinator after falling in love with her. She is amazing and had experience working events at our venue and we knew that she was a firecracker who would keep our wedding running smoothly.

Through out the 8 months between booking with them and our wedding, Barb would check in with me about once a month to see how things were going with the planning and how my fiance and I were doing and the month of when it was coming down to the wire (and I was starting to freak out) she was always there to answer my million questions. I was VERY particular about how I wanted things done. I had detailed lists for the decor and set up for almost every corner of the venue, I had diagrams and pictures of how things should be placed and where. I am a total control freak and do-it-yourselfer so it was really hard for me to leave it all in someone elses hands and not be able to see what I had been imagining and planning for so long until the day of.

I have to say that everything was executed to perfection. I was overly impressed with how well it was all done and how beautiful it all looked. I guess I was expecting somethings to go wrong but it all was done so well. The set up looked amazing and every table and place setting was exactly how I had wanted and the food was delicious. Our package came with cedar planked salmon, chicken fettuccine pasta, salad, veggies ... and their Tri tip! OMG. All of my guests raved about how yummy the food was.

Barb was great abou

Profile Picture Annie, 10/3/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

Bekker's Catering made our wedding reception absolutely perfect! We are so grateful for the fabulous food and service they provided us on our special day. All night and the days following our wedding reception we received so many compliments on the food! We had about 40 people at our reception at a beach house we rented following our beach wedding. Weeks prior Barb started all the details making sure to get everything perfect for us! She was so patient and I so enjoyed talking to her over the phone getting all of the details down! I never got to meet her but it was so evident talking with her over the phone how much she loves her job - I felt like an old friend of hers! On the day of the wedding Chris Hull arrived with her team to make sure that all was set up to our standards. From the food to the decorations everything was done above and beyond our expectations - she even made sure our cupcakes and topper looked fabulous with the decorations we provided! Everything looked and tasted much more than it actually cost! What a fabulous fun night - made even better since we didn't have to worry about setting up, serving or cleaning up the food! Thank you so much! We couldn't have done it without you! Love, Ange-Lisa and Chris

Profile Picture Ange-Lisa, 9/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), American, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegan, Tables