Beke Beau Reviews

Beke Beau 3
  • Becky

Becky · Married on 02/02/2019

Beke is the bestttttt

I do not have the words to describe how amazing Beke Beau is. Before I even met her in person, she helped put me at ease about my acne and recommended products for me to use that would not make my acne worse. When I met her at her studio for my makeup trial, I was beyond stressed with wedding nonsense but she quickly helped me relax. Beke herself is unbelievably warm, so much fun to be around, and just an all around amazing person. She is also a wizard with makeup! She really got to know me and what I wanted and instead of making me look like someone else, she used makeup to make ME look and feel beautiful. On the day of the wedding, in addition to being super excited to marry my best friend, I was truly excited to get to see Beke again. I asked her to do my makeup "a little more dramatic" than at my trial and she did it PERFECTLY. She truly made me feel more beautiful than I ever thought possible. And seriously, she is just an amazing person to be around. I HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend her!!

(attached photos are by Tyler Boye)

Sent on 03/23/2019
    Beke Beau 4
    Beke Beau 5

Beke Beau's reply:

I'm so grateful for this beautiful review, Becky. But even more, getting to know you and your beautiful soul was everything. Wishing you and Samuel all the good things that life has to offer..... xoxo always....

Jennifer Branch · Married on 11/18/2018

A True Artist

I first met Beke at her studio for a wedding makeup trial and arrived incredibly nervous, not sure of what to expect. I had never had my makeup professionally done before and have a difficult time with anything near my eyes! What initially struck me about Beke was her personality. She was so incredibly warm and welcoming. She's just a type of person you want to be around. Then, instead of asking for pictures of what I wanted my makeup to look like, she asked me about my relationship with makeup and asked to see pictures of me as I naturally am. All I really had to tell her was that I wanted a focus on my eyes and she worked her magic! She was sensitive to my issues with eyes and always made sure I was comfortable. It didn't hurt that she complimented me the whole time! I was smiling every time I was with Beke. As soon as the trial was over I just had absolutely no doubt in my mind - I had to have her for my wedding! On the wedding day her personality made the bridal suite such a fun place to be. Beke also worked on my mom and my bridal party. Each girl was absolutely thrilled with how they looked. One even commented that out of all the weddings she had been in, this was her favorite makeup. As for myself, I have literally never felt more beautiful in my life! Beke makes anyone feel like a star! My wedding day makeup look was so important to me and it just could not have been anymore perfect. What I liked most was that the application didn't look fake - I truly just looked like the best version of myself. Beke is an absolute artist and she's exactly who you want to do your makeup for any special occasion!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Beke Beau's reply:

You are a QUEEN, Jen, with or without the make-up, and it was such an honor to serve you on your wedding day. Thank you so much for this kind review.... Beke

Kaitlin · Married on 06/16/2018

Beke was one of the first vendors we chose for our wedding day after a ton of recommendations from our wedding planner and other brides. She is amazing at what she does - making you radiant on your wedding day! She makes you look flawless while still looking like yourself. I could not recommend her enough - I promise you she is worth the investment!!!

Sent on 09/07/2018

Lizzie · Married on 12/27/2017

Beke is hand-down the most talented, incredible and completely kind-hearted make-up artist that I've ever met! My photographer recommended her, and the minute that I saw her gorgeous work on her instagram and website I was blown away by the natural beautiful of her brides and excited to schedule my make-up trial.

During my make-up trial, Beke was incredibly sweet and completely put me at ease. When I got to her studio, she sat down with me and we discussed my wedding theme, dress, hairstyle etc, so that she could create the perfect look for me. Beke was so easy to talk to and we hit off from the moment we met! Going into it I was so nervous since I had consistently disliked the make-up application I had gotten for previous events and was worried that maybe I was just too picky or looking for something that wasn't possible. To add to those nerves, Beke doesn't let you see yourself in the mirror until she's totally done (definitely builds the suspense!). But the moment I saw myself in the mirror, every fear I had completely vanished. I had never seen a better version of myself. Keyword: Myself. I felt like I looked like ME. The absolute best, most natural, beautiful version of myself. It left me speechless.

At the wedding, Beke worked her magic again to make myself and 5 other ladies look like the most stunning version of themselves. Beke doesn't do "caked-on" make-up or make you feel like she needs to hide your face with mounds of concealer and foundation. Her understated, yet beautiful look made us all feel so confident. My girls and I were GLOWING. And as if talent weren't enough, she is just an absolute pleasure to work with. She's professional, so friendly and personable and just a really comforting and wonderful person to have by your side at your wedding. I would 100% recommend Beke to any and EVERY bride and I'm looking forward to the next time I can work with her :)

Sent on 01/30/2018
    Beke Beau 6

Aarti · Married on 12/16/2017

I wanted more natural make-up for my wedding and Samantha from Beke Beau did not disappoint. She was fantastic from my trial to the wedding day. She made all the ladies in our bridal party feel beautiful and better versions of ourselves.

Sent on 12/20/2017

Catherine · Married on 10/14/2017

Not only was my makeup stunning but Beke was wonderful. She is an absolute professional, while being warm and friendly, and her quality of work exceeded my expectations. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/26/2018

Alison · Married on 09/16/2017

Beke herself wasn't available for my wedding (although I met and corresponded with her and she was lovely and prompt in her responses and so helpful) but she set me up with one of her makeup artists - Samantha - who I absolutely loved. She was patient and thoughtful and helpful during my trial, and I came away feeling absolutely confident that she would make me feel comfortable and beautiful on my wedding day! Her style is very subtle, which worked for me - every time I have someone else put makeup on me I end up feeling like its way too much, even if I ask them to tone it down - but Sam understood that was not my style. The day of the wedding she was prompt and professional and calm and did a wonderful job. She left me with powder to touch up and a lipstick which I am still loving. I was incredibly happy with her.

Beke also helped suggest a number of hair stylists in the area who she liked - I ended up going with one of them and was also very happy.

Sent on 10/13/2017

Kate · Married on 09/03/2017

Beke is a magician -- she manages to combine the most refined talent in make-up application for every kind of face with the breezy, relaxed personality of someone confident in their craft and ready to make you feel at-ease on one the most stressful days of your life! She understands how to bring out your best features and create a look that will look perfect both in person and in photos -- a difficult feat! Beke has made women in my family shine as their most beautiful selves for multiple events, including my recent wedding. She made a bride in her 30's feel youthful but glamorous, a MOB in her 60s feel fresh (and willing to try false eyelashes for the first time in her life!), and a grandmother in her 90s feel comfortable with a full face of understated make-up. Beke is an absolute gem!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Ellen · Married on 05/26/2017

Wow. What is there to say about Beke to describe how AWESOME my experience was with her. From my trial to the wedding, Beke listened to what I liked, how I wanted to look, and knew when to turn up the glamour and when to let it be natural. My makeup on the day of my wedding was totally gorgeous, classic, and everything I hoped it would be. She also did my mom's makeup, along with a few bridesmaids. And everyone looked like themselves, just their absolute best selves. And for me, that was the goal. I couldn't recommend Beke more.

Sent on 06/14/2017

Tessa · Married on 11/12/2016

There really isn't enough that anyone can say about the amazing Beke that will do her justice. Before I chose her as my make-up artist, I was told by several people that we HAD to have Beke, and before I met her, I was curious if she could live up to the hype. She most definitely did. What everyone says about her is all true - and then some. She's magical with make-up and every one of my bridesmaids and my mom felt gorgeous and thrilled and excited for the day ahead after their make-up applications. What I consider to be even more important though is her charm and poise. She is SO kind-hearted. She immediately makes you feel calmer and happier just being around her. She is just impossibly cool as well. This is exactly the combination you want to have on your wedding day - heart of gold and talent like no other. For my next birthday/Christmas gift, I'm requesting a makeup lesson with her. Not ready to let her go from my life just yet :).

Sent on 12/05/2016
  • Ernesta

Ernesta · Married on 10/15/2016

Amazing makeup artist!!!

There is not enough that can be said about Beke. She was the easiest and most wonderful person to work with. Beke responded to emails immediately and even called me to go over a day of timeline. She even came to my hotel the Friday before the wedding for a make up trial, which made me look awesome for the rehearsal as well. I am not a person that loves makeup or wears it everyday so for me it was extremely important that it looked natural and not anything crazy. That is exactly what Beke delivered. My look was timeless and flawless and most importantly lasted the ENTIRE day. I had to be ready by 11 a.m. and I still looked perfect when I went to bed at 2 a.m. Beke was able to tailor the looks for each bridesmaid and give them exactly what they wanted. I couldn’t recommend Beke enough. She will make any bride look absolutely amazing.

Sent on 12/11/2018

Amelia · Married on 07/03/2016

Beke beau doesn't just carry makeup in that little black bag of hers: she brings positivity, talent, professionalism and a calmness that is absolutely necessary on your wedding day. She made me feel natural and beautiful and my bridesmaids loved her so much they all wanted private lessons. She was patient and flexible and made me feel comfortable from our first meeting. I highly recommend Beke for all of your makeup needs!

Sent on 08/14/2016
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 05/29/2016

Not only is Beke an incredibly talented artist, she is down to earth, thoughtful, and so easy to talk to. My photographer recommended her and I'm so glad I went with his advice. You want to hire someone who's going to ensure you look amazing in person AND in your photos. Beke has mastered this so well.
    She made me look and feel so beautiful on my wedding day. She also did the makeup of my bridesmaids and my mother. They were all so happy with how natural they looked and how she brought out all of their best features. Every one of my them raved about her. How often do you hear that? I've been in over 10 weddings and I've never witnessed such positive feedback.
    Beke made me feel at ease on a hectic day with her calming demeanor. She went above and beyond for me- after my ceremony and taking photos outside in 90+ degrees and 100% humidity. She took the time to not only touch up my makeup but she even re-curled my hair (that I insisted on wearing down despite that weather). I felt like a new person walking into my reception knowing that I looked just as beautiful as when I walked down the aisle 4 hours earlier.
    I could not be happier about my wedding makeup with Beke.

Sent on 12/16/2016

I cannot say enough. I was bound to be a tough bride because I have a minor makeup background, and therefore know how significantly it can change your look. My priority was to loo like the best version of myself, not like an editorial piece, but at the same time, I wanted it to pop enough that it photographed well and lasted throughout the day of events. From the beginning Beke was fantastic. She listened to my thoughts and provided terrific ideas and feedback. She was very flexible, which I needed as well. I live in DC but my wedding was home in Philadelphia, so she met me at her studio on a day that she wasn't even supposed to work, just to do my trial for my bridal shower. She listened to my desires, which took the pressure off for me, and I could tell just how skilled she is because she catered my looks to the occasion - no cookie cutter style here! My shower trial was super natural, because I didn't want to look necessarily like I had my makeup "done", and that's exactly what Beke did. Then for the wedding day, we discussed amping it up a bit, and again, that is exactly what she did. She (luckily) talked me out of a marsala/red lip, and encouraged me to stick with a peach tone for the big day, and every time I see the photos I am grateful for that. Needless to say, she was timely on the day of, and efficient, and did a beautiful job for all of the bridesmaids as well. Highly highly recommend! MERCI CHERIE!!

Sent on 05/05/2016

Abby · Married on 10/11/2015

Beke is spectacular! She is the best of the best: professional, talented, and so much fun. I received so many compliments all night at my wedding about my makeup and my bridesmaids and Mom also raved. Makeup stayed all day and all night, I only did one touch up on my lipstick in 12 hours. Beke knows what she is doing and she honestly made me look and feel confident for a whole 12 hours. Plus the photos look amazing. 5 stars all the way.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Kate · Married on 08/29/2015

Beke had Nahema Torres come do my make up and Nahema was AWESOME! My makeup looked wonderful and no over done. I still looked like a natural me -- just an enhanced me! Thank you Nahema!!

Sent on 09/04/2015

Jess · Married on 05/30/2015

I had Béke's staff artists, Alexa and Renee, do makeup for my recent wedding and I can't thank them enough! I, along with my bridesmaids, absolutely loved the makeup and everyone looked gorgeous! Both girls were also a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend Béke Beau!!!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Sara · Married on 05/30/2015

Beke is the best! When I asked for makeup recommendations from other vendors, Beke was the first name everyone suggested — and it’s for a reason! She and her assistant did makeup for myself, my mom, and 7 bridesmaids at my May wedding in Center City — and we could not have been happier. She is creative, patient, and so talented! I especially loved that she was open to suggestions and was totally willing to try out different colors or shades. And she was just such a positive and calming personality to have around. Everyone’s makeup looked natural and beautiful. I would wholeheartedly recommend Beke!

Sent on 03/06/2016

Actually, Beke was not available on my wedding day, but her staff artist, Alexa, was amazing! Alexa has such a calm disposition and she is so focused and talented.... I really felt so comfortable with her and very confident in her abilities! I had a pimple near my chin on my wedding day morning and she covered it right up - no signs of any blemish all day long! My makeup + bridesmaids makeup turned out so beautiful - we were so happy! Plus, the makeup feels very light and natural. I can't thank Beke and Alexa enough!

Thanks,
    Kristin

Sent on 06/24/2015
  • alex

alex · Married on 10/10/2014

Beke was truly amazing, her work was impeccable she made me look and feel so beautiful on my wedding day! She is so easy to talk and get along with and she made me feel so at ease and relaxed while I would have been so nervous right before the ceremony. She came to my location where I was getting ready with her assistant and worked in such an organized and timely manner while remaining so calm and laid back. I would most definitely recommend Beke!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Britt · Married on 08/30/2014

Beke gave myself, and my bridal party, that perfect wedding day glow that I'd always wanted. I'd had my makeup done a few times prior to my wedding day and always disliked the unnatural look I received. With Beke you will receive a natural, elegant, timeless look. I would highly recommend Beke and her team to any bride wanting to look like herself, but enhanced in all the right ways!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Beke came highly recommended by our photographer so I decided to set up a makeup trial with her the day of my engagement photos. I was very happy with how natural my makeup looked! I felt so beautiful, but I still felt and looked like myself! Leading up to the big day, beke was very responsive to all my emails. On the day of the wedding, she was on time, very professional, and listened to each person's special requests. One of my bridesmaids does not wear makeup and had decided she wasn't going to have her makeup done. After seeing how amazing the other girls looked, she wanted her makeup done too. Beke easily accommodated the request and she was thrilled with how it turned out. As for my makeup, I can honestly say I felt more beautiful than ever before! I received so many compliments throughout the night!

Thanks Beke for making me look and feel like a rock star!

Rachel

Sent on 05/17/2014

Lauren · Married on 11/02/2013

Beke is one of the sweetest people I have ever met! I thoroughly enjoyed having my makeup done by her for both my trial and the day of. Her staff, Alexa and Elizabeth, was professional and arrived on time. The girls looked beautiful and my make up was perfect, I got compliments on it all night. I would highly recommend Beke and her team, they were super stars!

Sent on 11/21/2013

christine · Married on 09/28/2013

Beke did my make up and my mothers make up for my wedding and she did such an amazing job. I went to her studio for a trial with my mom and loved her, and her mom as so impressed she cancelled her appointment so that she could have Beke do her make up as well. She made me feel really comfortable and was wonderful to work with in every way.

Sent on 10/22/2013

Shihan · Married on 09/09/2013

Beke did a fantastic job with hair and makeup for my engagement party. She was very professional and clearly very skilled at hair and makeup. I got so many compliments for the great job that she did! I would highly reccomend her!

Sent on 10/26/2013