Being Joy Photography Reviews

Being Joy Photography 6
Being Joy Photography 7
  • Nicolette

Nicolette Rini · Getting married on 01/09/2020

Stop Searching Because You Found the One!

If you've found Joy's page, then 1) you're lucky and 2) you should just stop searching for a photographer right now. Seriously. Stop searching. All your dreams will come true when you work with Joy. As another small business owner, I can say with absolute certainty that Joy provides a top-level customer experience couples don't even know they can have. She is so detailed and organized that you feel at ease throughout every stage of the planning process. Beyond being professional, diligent, and kind, Joy is also extremely talented. Not only does Joy provide exceptional customer service to her couples, she is also an awe-inspiring, spectacular artist. With Joys work, you don't just receive a lifetime photo, but instead you receive an emotion-provoking work of art that will continuously remind you of the love you and your partner share. Joy is really one in a trillion. Seriously. Stop searching, and just call her. You won't regret it for a second.

Matthew C · Married on 09/13/2019

Best day of our lives, Joy is to thank!

Stop. You have found your photographer if you are on this page! Congratulations! My wife and I were going to meet with another photographer, until we met with Joy. Her ability to make one feel at ease with the whole process was unbelievable. She laid the whole process out, during which we never felt overwhelmed. As wonderful as everything leading up to the wedding day was, the day itself is unimaginable without Joy as our photographer. To be perfectly frank, she is the reason our day went so smoothly! She is unflappable and radiates pure energy and..well joy! The quality of her work astounds me. Of course the photos one normally thinks of were beautiful. What caught my attention when looking through her page, were the moments she captured. She turned moments into art. Art we can afford and know the meaning of.
    We will forever be grateful to Joy!
    Book her, book her now. There will be no regret.

Sent on 10/16/2019

Kyle Pocci · Married on 09/07/2019

Amazing Photographer

Joy was amazing to work with! She handled our engagement and wedding photos, both turned out amazing. Joy was professional, very fun to work with, extremely organized and very responsive. She came highly recommended by St. Charles Country Club and we are so happy we got to work with her! We will definitely be contacting Joy in the future for other photo shoots, and will continue to recommend her to other friends and family. Cannot say enough great things about Being Joy Photography!

Sent on 10/20/2019
  • Ankica

Ankica Jedry · Married on 09/01/2019

Look no further - you found the best!

I almost missed out on Joy because I thought I was interested in another service (THANK GOODNESS THAT DID NOT WORK OUT). Joy did not skip a beat and truly captured the best of every moment. I enjoyed our personalized service - she is genuine about her passion for photography and about her clients. Artistically she has an eye for light, setup, structure, poses, and frankly getting the best out of a natural and real moment. Some other elements that make her a rockstar: gracious with additional pose requests, expert at keeping flow going between multiple shots, very involved in understanding agenda day of, and full of laughter. We had so much fun with her between our engagement photos and wedding day - I will be recommending her to anyone looking for a photog going forward, and will definitely call her for other special moments in our lives. Photography is one of the key parts of a wedding you just do not skimp out on. The value you get from Joy as a person alone is enough to assure you that day of and the end result will be beyond your expectations - we were delighted!

• Adam

Adam Spencer · Married on 07/27/2019

Joy is the Best Around

It was an absolute pleasure to work with Joy and her team! From the first meeting we had up through our wedding day, Joy was professional, attentive and friendly. She's always willing to adjust on the fly which made for a very carefree day for all of us. It's clear to see that she knows exactly what she is doing and her meticulous planning and experience shine through.

Joy's talent is evident in the finished product- our photos turned out better than we could have imagined! We are still ecstatic with how they look. Not to mention that the turnaround was so quick, we were barely on our honeymoon three days after the wedding before we got our first preview of her outstanding photos.

We cannot recommend Joy enough- her fantastic work and attitude made for an excellent day and just as excellent photos!

Sent on 08/20/2019
  • Kasey

Kasey Forester · Married on 07/09/2019

Amazing Experience!

Joy came highly recommended by St. Charles Country Club. She captured our engagement and wedding photos, and did a phenomenal job! We are so in love and blown away with all of her work! Joy is friendly, organized, prompt, creative, professional and bubbly. All around, Joy is an amazing person and photographer! Her passion for the industry and working with people truly shines through.

Being Joy Photography 8
    Being Joy Photography 9
    Being Joy Photography 10
  • Amy

Amy Aiello · Married on 06/14/2019

LOOOOVE our photos so much!!

I chose Joy to be my wedding photographer, and it was the BEST decision I could have ever made. As a photographer myself, choosing someone to capture your wedding day is a bit scary in some ways. As a photographer who doesn't like having her photos taken, it brings a whole additional set of complications to the table. I honestly went into the wedding day, hoping to have maybe a dozen or so photos that I loved, and you know what? I loved EVERY. SINGLE. ONE! Even all of the images of myself. Moments that meant the world to me - she captured them perfectly. Portraits I thought for sure were a bust because of my and my now husband's awkwardness in front of the camera? Joy made those look natural and amazing somehow!!! Her sweet, positive, and incredible personality, along with her care and excitement for the details and all things wedding really show in the photos she captured. My husband and I are elated with the photos, along with our families. We cannot stop looking at them, and love revisiting the memories of our wedding day. Thank you for these priceless photos, Joy! You're amazing!!!

Sent on 07/19/2019

Amanda R · Married on 05/11/2019

Outstanding photographer

I'm so happy we chose Joy as our wedding photographer. We are still getting compliments on how beautiful our pictures turned out.
    We first met Joy for our engagement session and were thrilled with the photos. She captured natural poses with beautiful lighting and backgrounds. She did the same for our wedding day, even though there was a light rain during our outdoor pictures. During our ceremony and reception, we didn't even notice her most of the time, meanwhile, she was capturing all of the special moments. I highly recommend Joy, as she does stellar work and is makes your sessions easy and enjoyable.

Sent on 09/08/2019

Brandon Amos · Married on 09/29/2018

Simply Better Than The Rest

We could not say enough wonderful things about Joy. From our very first meeting with her, she added a personal touch to every step of the process. She takes the time to get to know you and genuinely cares about her clients. She aimed to paint a picture of our special day and went to great lengths to capture every detail. For example, she stood in the middle of traffic on a busy street and got down in a river bank just to get the perfect shot. From the very first minute to the last, she had great energy. The second photographer and assistant she brought along were just as fun and dedicated. However, what we loved most about Joy was that she had a true passion for her craft, which shined through in her finished product. We would highly recommend her to anyone on their special day.

Sent on 10/31/2018

Brian · Married on 09/22/2018

Picture Perfect!

Joy is fantastic! She is fast to respond, easy to talk to, comfortable to pose in front of, and a great addition to our wedding guest list. Our pictures speak for themselves. What I love most about her work is how she makes you pop by contrasting her colors. It's not like the typical pop of one color and dulling of others...she has a way of making everything stand out in a unique manner without taking away from the people in her images. If you book her, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/25/2018
    Being Joy Photography 11
    Being Joy Photography 12
    Being Joy Photography 13
    Being Joy Photography 14
    Being Joy Photography 15

Joy · Married on 07/21/2018

Joy is an expert in her craft - beautiful, breathtaking photography!

We can’t say enough amazing things about Joy! From the beginning, she was extremely organized, detail oriented, and super personal. With so many wedding options available it can be a bit overwhelming but after one phone call with Joy we immediately knew we made the best choice for our wedding photographer. She took the time to get to know us both before and during the engagement shoot, allowing us to feel more comfortable in front of the camera which translated into beautiful photos – I cried at our reveal session – she’s that good!! Joy made us feel as if we were her only clients, always available if we had questions and was flexible with our schedules. On our wedding day Joy took charge and kept everyone on schedule the entire day, she was super efficient, diligent and extremely professional. Joy is an expert in her craft, she is trustworthy and takes breathtaking photos that we will cherish forever - if you’re looking for a photographer for any occasion we would highly recommend Being Joy, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/29/2018
    Being Joy Photography 16
    Being Joy Photography 17
    Being Joy Photography 18
    Being Joy Photography 19
    Being Joy Photography 20

Amanda · Married on 05/12/2018

I couldn’t be happier with choosing Being Joy Photography for our wedding. Working with Joy was amazing, and she really made me and my husband comfortable the whole time. She was so organized and kept all of us on time, which I loved! She does not miss any details and really gets to know each couple. I loved that we meet with her a couple times before the wedding because when the day came around it was like having a friend with you all day instead of some stranger following you with a camera. Her husband also did our wedding video and it turned out amazing. It was have having a husband and wife team work with us for our wedding day! I would recommend Being Joy Photography to anyone I know getting married.

Sent on 07/27/2018
    Being Joy Photography 28
    Being Joy Photography 29
    Being Joy Photography 30

Jenna · Married on 08/19/2017

We are so happy we chose Being Joy Photography for our big day! We were running very late, had a very large bridal party, but to our delight, Joy and her team managed to capture ALL of our wedding memories. She gave us exactly what we asked for and more. She also used several different lighting techniques and filters. The photographs, which our family and friends have been raving about, came out amazing. She also chose a few excellent spots to take our photos in downtown Elmhurst.
    Joy is very talented and you will not go wrong choosing her as your photographer!

Sent on 11/04/2017
    Being Joy Photography 31
    Being Joy Photography 32

Sheila · Married on 07/15/2017

I could not say enough about how beautiful Joys pictures have been how personal she became involved with our daughter and fiancé from the beginning. She and her staff were very professional and had the large group organized. We can't wait to see Harris's video of the day especially the drone shots!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Colleen · Married on 07/07/2017

Joy was amazing to work with from our very first meeting up to our wedding day! She made sure to answer any and all questions and made sure to meet any specific requests my husband or I had along the way. I cannot stress enough that she was the perfect choice!!

Sent on 07/22/2017

Dana · Married on 05/28/2017

Joy was amazing!!!! She did our engagement photos and wedding photos. Joy was extremely professional, prompt, and attentive the entire process. She is also a very talented artist who focused on details in every shot she took. Joy brought an entire team with her to ensure our group was managed properly. Her company also did our videography. If you’re looking for a photographer who has your best interest in mind and will be fully dedicated to your event, Joy is your gal. We can't thank her enough!

Sent on 06/08/2017
  • quirkychrissy

Chrissy · Married on 09/16/2016

Joy was our engagement photographer, and wow! What an experience! Joy was professional throughout the planning process, She encouraged me to create a Pinterest board of photos that inspired me, so she could get a feel for our personalities, likes, and locations that interested us. On the day of the photo shoot, Joy and Meghan were absolutely lovely to work with. They gave great suggestions and made the whole evening fun for both of us. Joy had a lot of ideas and even let us take on a few of our own.

When it was time to view the photos, Joy invited us to her studio, where she created a video of highlights from our shoot and allowed us to browse through the photos to choose which ones we wanted to purchase. She offers a variety of packages and high-quality print options that we thought were wonderful.

I absolutely recommend Joy for all your photography needs!

Sent on 05/13/2016

Stacy · Married on 05/27/2016

Joy was my photographer for my wedding on May 27, 2016. She was AMAZING - not only was she easy to work with, flexible and extremely professional...but her work is GORGEOUS. I am in love with our sneak peek preview of our wedding photos and our engagement photos. She listens to everything you say and really tries to get the feel for what is important to you and what you want, while still making sure to make suggestions to ensure the best possible photos. Her creativity is endless and she truly gives you her all. I would highly recommend her for any event - not just weddings. Thank You!!!

Sent on 05/29/2016

Katie · Married on 06/06/2015

Hiring Joy was the best choice I could have made for my wedding. She was professional but nice and laid back at the same time. She got back to me right away when I had questions and really got a feel who my husband and I are. My pictures are gorgeous and I fully plan on using Joy again in the future.

Sent on 06/12/2015

Joy was awesome to work with. Her photographs (I am basing this on my brother's wedding which she was also the photographer for) are great!

Sent on 10/04/2014

Kelly · Married on 06/21/2014

Joy was an amazing photographer!!! She had so many ideas and suggestions to help cooperate with our venue and the weather!! Several family members/friends commented on how professional and organized she was in getting every shot done in time! You ask for it, and she'll deliver. Woke up to gorgeous sneak peak photos that were up the morning after the the wedding! Thank you so much Joy for helping us capture our special day! -Kelly and Wes

Sent on 06/22/2014

katy · Married on 06/07/2014

Absolutely amazing and very flexible with the things that happen to pop up on wedding days! She accommodated everyone and did an amazing job.

Sent on 06/16/2014

niall · Married on 06/02/2014

Joy was awesome. Can't thank her enough how she made our wedding day very smooth. Her work is extraordinaire and very on point. She had photos already uploaded after our wedding. She was also open to our ideas to. Couldn't be pick anyone better then Joy. Thanks again Joy.

Sent on 06/16/2014

Anne · Married on 01/18/2014

I was beyond satisfied with the service provided by Being Joy. Joy was extremely professional. I appreciated her creativity when it came to shooting my wedding and the wedding party. Not only is Joy an awesome photographer, she's an awesome person.

Sent on 02/03/2014

Alicia · Married on 08/10/2013

Joy goes above and beyond to get those perfect shots! The quality of the photographs was amazing! I would recommend her to any of my friends and family!

Sent on 02/03/2014