Behind the Veil Reviews

269 | Severna Park, MD

269 Reviews for Behind the Veil

Bruce · Married on 05/28/2016

Behind the Veil provided hair styling and make up services for our daughter's Memorial Day weekend wedding at Celebrations at the Bay. Services were provided for the bride, bridesmaids (7) and mothers of the groom and bride. The results were amazing and the bride and all of the ladies looked stunning. The planning session with the bride and maid of honor was very helpful and really helped selecting styles and products to meet the bride's tastes and needs. They were very flexible in setting up scheduling for a large party and performed all services at the base hotel location at the Hampton Inn BWI. High quality, responsive, professional. Highly recommend.

Sent on 06/12/2016

Amy · Married on 05/28/2016

Fantastic service! Melanie, my makeup artist was a miracle worker and was super sweet. Maria, my hairdresser made all my girls look fantastic in half the time I expected. Very pleased!

Sent on 06/18/2016

Kate · Married on 05/21/2016

I would recommend BTV to any bride! Kaytee did my makeup and Renee did my hair and they were both absolutely fabulous. They asked a lot of questions during my trial and made adjustments until I was 100% comfortable with the look. Kaytee is so warm and easy to talk to and full of compliments - I felt instantly and completely comfortable with her. Renee was a doll as well - during my trial she gave me unique/fun ideas for my wedding (like a Maryland-themed signature cocktail) all the while giving me a perfect updo! On the day of my wedding they arrived early and got to work quickly, and kept everyone happy and calm all day long. My hair and makeup came out even better on the day of than at my trial. I was so happy with their services and the experiences. My bridesmaids and mother said it was the best professional hair/makeup experience they had ever had, and I would have to agree. Highly, highly recommended and worth every penny!

Sent on 07/08/2016

I was lucky enough to work with the Behind the Veil team on my wedding day and can’t recommend them enough! I wanted to work with a company that could offer both hair and makeup services, were well reviewed (just check out the other praise that they’ve received!), and I needed to feel confident that they could complete hair and makeup for a large group of women in a short time frame. The team did all hair and makeup for our wedding day (Bride, Bridesmaids, Mother of the Bride, Mother of the Groom) in under four hours, and everyone loved their look!

Sent on 06/14/2016

Christy · Married on 04/16/2016

Maria and Kristy of Behind the Veil did a wonderful job with updos for me and seven bridesmaids, and full, beautiful curls for my mother-in-law! They arrived early, worked efficiently, and got all nine of us done with time to spare before we left for the ceremony. Everyone loved their hair and looked natural and polished (not all crunchy and covered in hairspray as some updos can be). They actually did ten updos, but my mother can be a little (okay, a lot) fussy about her hair, and ended up taking it out and doing it herself. Their styling looked wonderful, my mom just didn't provide example photos of what she liked. Maria and Kristy were consummate professionals and very graciously helped her touch up her handiwork without batting an eye. They are incredibly sweet people and can recreate virtually any look you like, especially if you provide them with a photo. They made all of us feel absolutely beautiful and I cannot recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 05/07/2016

Had an absolutely amazing experience with Behind the Veil. Renee and Katey were amazing and encouraging throughout the whole process. Who wouldn't love that kind of attention?! Definitely recommending these professionals for any upcoming weddings.

Sent on 02/09/2016

Behind the Veil are amazing! They are great to work with, I got married in November and my hair and make up was stunning, I love it as everyone else did too! Pictures were beautiful, they provided an outstanding service, thank you so much. I highly recommend this group, they are great!

Sent on 12/23/2015

Ashley did hair for me and my matron of honor. She was punctual, efficient, and so lovely to work with, and gave us both beautiful hairstyles that were exactly what we wanted - a beautiful braided updo for me, and a sideswept vintage look for her. I would highly recommend Ashley and Behind the Veil.

Sent on 10/27/2015
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/24/2015

Behind the Veil was an absolute joy to work with for my wedding! I'm completely obsessed with my hair and make up from my wedding. They did an amazing job with all my bridesmaids and with a few examples created amazing looks that last all night. They came to our house and got right to work on each of us and we were able to relax and talk with them about the day and what we wanted to look like. They were very professional and fun to work with. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for top notch hair & make up for a special occasion.

Sent on 11/16/2015

We were planning our daughter's wedding and had booked the venue, The Chesapeake Bay Beach Club, and were looking for a hair and make-up vendor! I thought it would be terrific to have one vendor for both services!
    We set up trials with two vendors from the list provided to us from the CBBC.
    One was Up Do's for the I Do's and the other was Behind the Veil!
    We chose Behind the Veil because they had a more intimate salon experience for us the day of the trial!
    Our contact was Laurie O' Connell, super professional and very easy to contact.
    Our trial really was wonderful! And they provide a Sunday trial time which is very convenient for our work schedule. Our hair stylist, Kristi and our makeup artist Leslie worked well together and were clearly very accomplished in their areas of expertise! My daughter explained what she would like, they listened, and made decisions with her consent!! Leslie even explained the make-up products she was using and told my daughter which lipsticks she could try out before the wedding so she could decide on her lip color!
    I could not believe how wonderful the hair and make-up turned out.
    There were no worries, Behind the Veil had us covered! When we realized we need a second hair stylist Laurie easily arranged for that, too!
    The day of we all got compliments on our hair and make-up! By the way we booked early, but we're not pressured in the least!( 6 months before the wedding date!)
    All in all a wonderful experience with the whole team!

Sent on 12/29/2015

Jill · Married on 10/17/2015

Working with Behind the Veil was a pleasure. My original stylist became unavailable a few months before my wedding and I found Behind the Veil through a vendor recommendation. My wedding was a destination wedding on the Eastern Shore, so finding a stylist who would travel that late in the game was not an easy feat. They were responsive, professional and so easy to work with. My stylist, Heather, did both hair and makeup which was a huge plus. My hair was styled exactly as I envisioned it and the makeup was perfection. My bridesmaids were my daughter and stepdaughter, ages 11, 9 and 8 and she made sure they all had fun, special, age appropriate hair styles for the wedding. The best part? All of our hair lasted all night even with an outdoor reception venue by the water, breeze and lots of dancing. I highly recommend Behind the Veil and could not have been happier with the way everything turned out.

Sent on 10/20/2015
  • User5519603 · 2+ years ago

Can't say enough about this team! They were flexible with us and everyone looked gorgeous! We were all so calm and on schedule, it was amazing! Thank you!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Callie · Married on 10/10/2015

If I could give Behind the Veil more than 5 stars, I would. Beginning with my hair and makeup trial, Melanie (Makeup) and Kristi (Hair) made me so comfortable. On the day of the wedding, we started early and ended right on time, BTV had the timing down so perfectly. I had a very large bridal party and the ladies really customized the services to each of the girls and each one was thrilled with the outcome. I heard throughout the night that mine and the bridesmaids hair/makeup was the best they had seen at any event.

Additionally, BTV was so easy to get in touch with when I had questions or wanted to add services.

Sent on 10/16/2015
  • F

Fatema · Married on 10/10/2015

Landre and Victoria from Behind the Veil are the BEST! I met with Landre for my hair and make up trial and we hit it off immediately. I showed her a few Pinterest inspirations and she made them reality. They both did such a fantastic job and were so professional. I treated my bridesmaid and MoH to hair and makeup to make their day stress free and they loved it! Also lets not forget Laurie. She was my point of contact and answered all my questions regarding cost, and she was so accommodating.

Sent on 10/16/2015

Megan · Married on 10/03/2015

I had such an amazing experience with Behind the Veil! We had Kelsey do our hair and Cait do make up and my bridesmaids and I looked absolutely fabulous. My bridesmaids were all raving about their hair and make up, we truly looked gorgeous! Both Kelsey and Cait were so sweet and talented. We had so much fun chatting and laughing with them while we got ready. They also have great taste in music and some clutch Pandora recommendations :D (hiphop BBQ!)

Sent on 10/17/2015
  • Mandi

Mandi · Married on 09/27/2015

I can not recommend Angela and Maria from Behind the Veil enough!! These ladies are so amazing at what they do and made me and all of my bridesmaid look and feel so beautiful!! Absolute best!!!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Emily · Married on 08/22/2015

Perfection! I hired them pretty late in the game due to a horrible trial at another nearby wedding hair/makeup service. Not only was my trial amazing, I had the best two girls I could have ever gotten! Caitlin did my hair and Mara my makeup. They also did my girls & mom's as well. They added so much to the day as we all had so much fun with them. Not to mention, both my hair and makeup were flawless. We got SO many compliments from all of our friends on "how good all of the girls looked". I could not possibly have been luckier to get these two. Easy to work with and worth every penny!! I hope I get to work with them again at a friends wedding!

Sent on 09/10/2015

The ladies at Behind the Veil were absolutely wonderful to work with and I highly recommend their services! In addition to delivering fabulous results, it was so wonderful to have a hair and makeup team that was so organized and communicative. From the very beginning, their booking process was simple. They explained the process, provided a detailed list of costs, and provided a timeline. They also kept constant communication from the booking time to the wedding. This made it easy for my bridesmaids and me. I also loved that they came to us on my wedding day. No frenzied trips to busy salons necessary! It was so much fun (and stress free) to have all my bridesmaids and our moms together in one place while we got ready. It saved us time, and created amazing memories! Angela is absolutely amazing at makeup and I have never felt prettier! Renee did a fabulous job with our hair. Thanks again for such a great experience.

Sent on 07/20/2015

L · Married on 06/20/2015

Sara was my hair stylist and she was fantastic! I live in California and wasn't able to have a hair trial on the days they offer, so Sara rearranged her schedule to provide a trial on a Wednesday and stayed an extra 30 minutes to make sure I had the style I liked. On the day of the wedding, my hair was perfect and stayed in place despite the heat and humidity. Sara is the best and I would not hesitate hiring her or another stylist from Behind the Veil!

Sent on 06/29/2015

Rachel · Married on 05/24/2015

Melanie and Heather from Behind the Veil did an amazing job on everyone's hair and makeup! Everyone looked like themselves, only amped up!! I felt so comfortable with the experience, from working with the same two ladies for both my engagement session to the trial and the day of, they made me and everyone feel comfortable by making sure we were having a great time while we were getting beautiful! All of our wedding pictures look amazing, hair and makeup staying put all night long! Couldn't say anything but positive things about BTV!

Sent on 07/07/2015

Beth · Married on 05/16/2015

Working with the Behind the Veil was absolutely wonderful. I am very type A and they were extremely organized and helpful through the whole process. At my trial they really listened to what I wanted and nailed it! It was so nice and relaxing to have them come to the house the day of the wedding day. My bridesmaids and I loved having our hair and makeup done by Kristi and Melanie. They are both so warm it was like having another friend in the room. Stunning was the adjective of the day to describe how everyone looked thanks to Behind the Veil.

Sent on 05/31/2015

Jen · Married on 05/16/2015

I worked with Roxy for hair and Joseline for makeup. They were both outstanding and completely made my vision come true! Behind the Veil was flexible with me adding and deleting last minute bridesmaid hair, and even sent an assistant to help with hair so that I would not be stressed about time. The convenience of having hair/makeup at your hotel, or wherever you get ready, is worth the cost. You are much more able to relax and enjoy the experience, and the ladies completely stayed on schedule. A few of the girls wanted to change their hair as the morning went on, and both Roxy and the assistant were completely professional and accommodating. Choosing Behind the Veil was a great choice!!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Caroline · Married on 05/02/2015

I used Angela (Makeup) and Ashley (Hair) from Behind the Veil for my wedding after my sister had them at her wedding. These girls are artists! Ashley is a wizard - everyone's hair (from very long to very short, curly, straight, thin, and thick) was stunning, and even my pickiest bridesmaid LOVED her style. I gave Ashley a vague idea of the style I wanted, and she pulled it off flawlessly. She is also a fun person to have in your bridal suite during the day - sweet and easy-going. Angela made everyone she touched glow! Our makeup looked flawless and stayed all through the night. She is super sweet and will adjust anything that she does to fit your tastes. I love a bolder lip, but didn't want to look too intense, and she picked the perfect blend of colors. Finally, their back office staff is professional and responsive. They are highly professional and were able to help me ensure that I had Angela and Ashley for my wedding. I highly recommend Behind the Veil.

Sent on 05/27/2015
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 05/02/2015

I am so happy that I chose Behind the Veil for my wedding hair and makeup. I had a large wedding party but that did not scare Maria, Nancy, and Cat. They were so much fun to work with and amazing at their craft. They are great with the kiddos too! We had a little ring bearer who did not want to be left out of the preparations so they applied some translucent powder and he was thrilled. The flower girls' hair and makeup held up very well the whole day. I am so happy with their work and I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 05/31/2015
  • TMcG

Terri · Married on 04/25/2015

I loved the Behind the Veil team. They did our Hair and Make-up for the wedding. I had 6 Bridesmaids and a Flower girl along with 3 Sisters and myself. I was treated like a Princess the entire day. The team came to our hotel to do all the beauty services for the day. I worked with my Hair stylist and my make up artist during trials to get the look perfect for our wedding. I felt like a beautiful woman walking down the aisle towards my soon to be husband. I rarely wear make up because I always feel it's overdone or looks caked on. Nancy has a special talent as a Makeup artist that made me feel naturally beautiful the entire day. It was me, just the best version of me. My Husband is still saying how beautiful I looked on our Wedding! I couldn't have asked for better. My Bridesmaids and Sisters all looked gorgeous as well. Thank you Angela, Thea, Kat and Nancy for making the day so wonderful! Totally worth it!

Sent on 05/05/2015