Behind the Veil Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

• Addy
    Addy V. Married on 12/18/2021

They are amazing!

I couldn't have asked for a better hair and makeup team, they were able to get my large group of women hair and makeup done even before they initially thought they would!! They also did an amazing job! Everyone loved their hair and makeup!!! I literally was too stunned to speak when I saw myself as I never wear makeup or do my hair and I felt like a princess. They were amazing and I would definitely recommend!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie M. Married on 10/23/2021

Highly recommend!

Behind the Veil did the hair and makeup for me, my 5 bridesmaids, my mom, mother-in-law, and grandmother. They came to our hotel in Stevensville, MD which made the day run so smoothly. They made sure we all looked absolutely STUNNING. Everyone’s hair and makeup looked perfect and stayed perfect all night long. They communicated with me a few months before to schedule my trial, and then again a few weeks before the wedding to finalize the headcount and timeline. On the day of, the stylists texted me to stay in contact about their arrival. They were both so sweet and personable.
  • Meghan
    Meghan K. Married on 10/02/2021

Great to work with!

You will not regret hiring Behind the Veil as your wedding beauty team! Laurie, Maria, and Brittany were so easy to work with and made the morning of my wedding super fun and stress-free. My bridesmaids couldn't stop raving about them - everyone was so happy with their hair and makeup! I felt beautiful and my hair/makeup lasted the whole day. Highly recommend!
  • Christina
    Christina Married on 09/23/2021

Thank you Stephanie, Joan, & Laurie!

I had used BTV for beauty services in the last, and I’m so glad I decided to again! Stephanie (hair) and Joan (makeup) made my mom and I feel so beautiful! These ladies were so fun to work with and made getting ready relaxing and enjoyable! Also, Laurie was super responsive and on top of things, which I appreciated since we al have a million things going on. Thank you so much BTV!!
  • Christa
    Christa W. Married on 09/10/2021

Great experience

Joan from behind the veil was great for my wedding make-up. She also did my moms make up and she looked amazing, even though she has stage 4 lung cancer. The price was affordable and they even came to me!
    Sarah Married on 07/10/2021

Excellent from start to finish!

We had such a wonderful experience with Behind the Veil for our recent wedding! We worked with Thea for hair and Joan for makeup and both were stellar. They were so responsive and flexible ahead of the big day, including during my trails. And day-of they were prompt and efficient, making the morning relaxing and stress-free. They adapted on the spot to new requests and all of my bridesmaids (and myself!) were thrilled with their hair and makeup results. It was absolutely perfect, and stayed in place all day long! Would 100% recommend!
  • Brett
    Sarah Married on 06/06/2021

Perfect day!

I had the best experience working with Behind the Veil for our wedding. From day one, I felt like I was in good hands - it was incredibly easy to book our bridal/bridesmaids services and it was an added bonus that their stylists came to us. Suzy and Brittany were the absolute best and made our getting ready morning fun. They kept everything moving along without feeling rushed, we were actually ahead of schedule! My girls even added some services and were able to have a relaxing morning. I loved my hair and makeup and felt beautiful on my wedding day. All of my bridesmaids, my mom and mother in law, and our flower girls looked flawless. I would highly recommend Behind the Veil for your big day.
  • Jenny
    Jenny H. Married on 05/08/2021

Highly recommend for any occasion

We originally did not plan for anyone to do our makeup. However, about two days before the wedding we changed our mind and reached out to Behind the Veil. Luckily, they were able to accommodate us. Scheduling was quite easy. Brittany was super nice, timely, and most importantly, achieved the natural look we were going for. Highly recommend for any occasion.
  • Katie
    Katie F. Married on 10/22/2020

Best Hair and Make Up

Christina and Maria did make up and hair for me and my bridal party. Everyone can not stop raving over how sweet, efficient and wonderful these ladies were. Not one person was upset with either make up or hair. One and done! They truly listen to what you want and deliver. I always get nervous about looking like a drag queen with make up- but Christina made me look so natural. You can truly tell that she loves what she does! Huge thank you!
  • Catherine
    Catherine K. Married on 10/03/2020

Talented and Efficient Artists

Maria and Joan are friendly, professional, and efficient hair and make-up artists who created flawless looks for four women with very different hair lengths and “comfort levels” when it comes to full faces of makeup. One look in the mirror was all it took for everyone to love Behind the Veil’s work, and our styles stayed put all night.
  • Irum
    Irum A. Married on 11/15/2019

Best Hair and Make up team ever!!!!!

I hired Holly for hair and Autumn for make-up through Behind the Veil for my 2 day wedding and this was one of the best decisions I made regarding my wedding. Laurie, from Behind the Veil, was extremely kind and professional during all of our correspondences as we set up pricing and trials. Holly is extremely talented with hair. Combined with her speed and efficiency she is talented in a variety of hairstyles that she was shown day of by all the ladies in the wedding and every single one of them left her chair loving how they looked. Autumn is extremely talented when it comes to make up and was able to meet the needs of everyone who asked for makeup! This team made everyone look gorgeous and they did so two days in a row!!! If you want to look the most beautiful you ever have on your special day go with Holly and Autumn from Behind the Veil!!!
  • Shelby
    Shelby Married on 11/02/2019

Great experience and everyone looked so beautiful!

I hired them for hair and makeup services for myself (Bride) plus 4 bridesmaids. From start to finish I had a great experience. They are so organized and really make you feel like you're their only bride. I only realized I was not when I went for my trial and they had completely taken over a salon! I met with my hair stylist and makeup artist at my trial and left feeling excited and beautiful. The day of went super smoothly, they both arrived on time and everyone turned our beautifully and the makeup and hair lasted the entire day!
  • Morgan
    Morgan T. Married on 10/12/2019

The most beautiful you will ever feel!!

I cannot speak more highly of Angela (makeup) and Maria (hair)! They truly were the reason everyone felt so confident and gorgeous on our wedding day. I did hair and makeup trials before the wedding day, which was so much fun and just solidified the fact that they are the best artists around. On the wedding day, they perfectly replicated what we had done in the trial, and OMG I cannot get over how amazing it all looked! My skin was actually glowing from the makeup, but was also natural enough that I didn't look like I dipped my face in a vat of paint. My hair was soft and romantic, and held up all the way through the after party. Every single one of the bridesmaids were thrilled with their final looks, and my mom and mother-in-law decided to get their makeup done because everyone else looked so amazing!! I promise you this is the best money you will spend on your wedding day!
  • Caitlin
    Caitlin Married on 09/21/2019

I would highly recommend Behind the Veil!

I would highly recommend Behind the Veil! I was a very last minute bride and Laurie was able to find me the perfect hairstylist, Rochelle. And again being last minute, Laurie and Rochelle were able to squeeze me in for my hair trial. I met Rochelle for the trial and showed her a picture for inspiration. I wanted a braid and the rest of my hair curly but I was nervous because my hair does not hold curls and with my wedding being in September I was super nervous about the humidity. Rochelle was able to do my hair exactly how I wanted it and the curls actually stayed! Then comes the wedding day, Rochelle was super prompt and professional! I even decided that day I wanted to add an additional braid and a hairpiece. Rochelle was so sweet and accommodating and made my wedding hair so much better than I ever could have envisioned! And as an added bonus my hair stayed curled all night, even through dancing! Rochelle also perfectly styled my bridesmaids hair! Which ranged from half up half down to all down with braids. All in all, Rochelle was truly amazing and I would highly recommend Behind the Veil!
  • Kara
    Kara Married on 06/02/2019

LOVE THEM!!! Life savors!!!

Words can’t describe how thankful I am for Behind the Veil! They were extremely flexible, easy to work with, understanding, and so talented! The moment I saw their work at my friends wedding, I couldn’t wait to sign up! It was beautiful! I wasn’t the easiest bride because of my work shift schedule, uncertainty on what I wanted and also had a black eye on the wedding day. But this company did EVERYTHING they could to help me! The team was always on time, energized, and excited to work with us. Holly was accommodating and worked with my mom and I to get our hair just right. We loved her calm, cool and friendly personality! The make up artist, Angela, did SUCH a terrific job on my black eye and make up, no one even noticed my it the day of the wedding! The make up was striking but so natural! She was perfect! I absolutely loved it and saved my wedding day! I got many compliments on how well she did! I dont know what i would have done without her! Laurie was so patient, kind, understanding and such a delight to work with as well! I couldn’t have asked for a better team! Thank you Behind the Veil for saving the day & making my day better than I could have ever imagined!
  • Meg
    Meg Married on 01/05/2019

Absolutely amazing!

The BTV team is absolutely amazing. I am incredibly picky when it comes to hair and makeup and I could not have loved my wedding look more. They even provide you with a day-of getting ready timeline to make sure your wedding morning goes as smoothly as possible. Couldn't recommend highly enough.

Behind the Veil's reply:

Thanks for the review Meg, you were an absolute joy to work with! We wish you and your husband many years of happiness.
  • Shelagh
    Shelagh Married on 12/15/2018

Professional Women; Beautiful work!

I am so happy with my decision to use Behind the Veil. I went to a trial at a different popular DC/Baltimore area vendor and they really did not wow me. I gave BTV a shot at their salon location (which is beautiful!) and was blown away by their work. Despite how beautiful I felt after my trial, I felt even MORE SO on my wedding day. My bridesmaids, mother, and MIL were also very happy with their hair and makeup. The two ladies we worked with had such a calming presence, which certainly matters a lot when you are spending about 6 hours with them!! The team is professional and great communicators. I would unhesitatingly recommend Behind the Veil Beauty.
  • Ariel
    Ariel W. Married on 11/03/2018

Every single person was happy with their hair and makeup!

I was married on Nov 3rd in Baltimore City and selected Behind the Veil for my hair and makeup team. I could not have been happier with Thea and Shanel for hair and Kelsey and Nicole for makeup. Each stylist arrived on time at the designated location and really listened to what each bridesmaid and family member wanted and the level of makeup they were comfortable with. Everyone was thrilled with how their hair and makeup came out, and I could not have been happier with the level of professionalism not only from the stylists but also from the administrative team. Most importantly, the hair and makeup team was very flexible. I had done my hair and makeup trial back in April (which in retrospect was too far in advance) and ended up changing my mind for both hair and makeup on the day of the wedding. Kelsey and Thea were extremely accommodating and with a combination of pictures and descriptions of what I wanted, were able to create the exact look I was going for. It was such an amazing day which was made even better by the fact that I felt beautiful and because working with Behind the Veil was so stress-free.
  • Erin
    Erin Married on 09/29/2018

Made me and my girls feel truly beautiful!

This is a lovely beauty company that contracts with some of the best artists in the biz in the Baltimore area. My hair and makeup artists arrived on time for my 9/29 wedding at Havre de Grace with no hassle and were ready to go immediately. We wasted no time and everyone was ready and beautiful with time to spare. I hade Melissa as my hair stylist and Angela as my makeup artist. The products Angela used were wonderful and like... industrial-grade waterproof. Perfect for a bride who is a total cryer like me! 10/10 would recommend!
    Becky Married on 08/11/2018
    Kelsey and Maria came to my MOH's Air B&B before my wedding and were fantastic! Maria was efficient and speedy with hair, and Kelsey did a great job with the makeup! They were both so pleasant to talk with and got us excited for the wedding. I want to give an extra shout out to Kelsey because she was doing amazing work on each of my bridesmaids, talking to them about all her make up and letting them try different kinds while being 20 weeks pregnant and making it look easy! Arranging everything was easy with Laurie, she was very responsive with email. Definitely recommend!
    Emily Married on 08/04/2018
    I can't say enough amazing things about the team at Behind the Veil!! I got married at Chesapeake Bay Beach Club, and since we were staying at The Inn there I knew I wanted on-site hair and makeup services for myself and my bridesmaids. Renee did our hair, and Angela did our makeup, and we all looked so stunning!! Not only did I feel incredibly beautiful on my wedding day, but they made the whole getting ready process so easy and stress-free. We had a blast!

I also have to mention the entire booking and planning process was so smooth. From the first inquiry, to the trial, to the wedding day, their entire team was professional, efficient and a pleasure to work with. I can't recommend them enough!!
    Kate Married on 06/30/2018
    We had an excellent experience working with Behind the Veil! Our main hairstylist was Renee, and main makeup artist was Kelsey (we did have a second hairstylist and makeup artist so that we wouldn't have to start getting ready too early in the morning, but in the whirlwind of my wedding day, I forgot their names - they were great though!). I did a trial with Renee and Kelsey, and what I liked best about both of them is how they wanted me to feel completely like myself on my wedding day. I gave Renee a general style I wanted, and she created the most beautiful style. I told Kelsey I wanted very natural makeup, and she came up with a style that made me look like the best version of myself :) On the day of the wedding, things went so smoothly. They arrived on time, and got started right away. They kept everything on track, and we were all finished early! They did touch ups, so no one felt like their hair or makeup wasn't fresh because they went first. They kept the day so relaxed for us - we never felt rushed or stressed. Everyone's hair and makeup came out beautifully, and looked amazing in pictures. My wedding party says that it was worth every penny, and I agree!
    Kristen Married on 06/23/2018
    I couldn’t have asked for better hair and makeup artists. They were so sweet, and did an AMAZING job on my entire wedding party!!
    Stefanie Married on 06/16/2018
    Absolutely loved the job they did. Hair and make-up was perfect!!
    Carlee Married on 05/26/2018
    This company is amazing to work with! My trial went so smoothly, and I was so excited to work with them again. When it came to wedding day both hair and makeup artists came very early which was great! They set up all their things and began to work right on schedule. That helped me remain calm and relaxed while everyone was getting ready. Our hair lady worked VERY quickly! She was very impressive doing updos within 20-30 minutes! Leslie was my makeup artist and she did beautiful makeup on everyone! Both girls were very professional and fun to work with! My hair and makeup lasted all night, even in the muggy/sticky Maryland weather!