Behind the Veil Reviews

268 Reviews for Behind the Veil

• Katie

Katie Folkening · Married on 10/22/2020

Best Hair and Make Up

Christina and Maria did make up and hair for me and my bridal party. Everyone can not stop raving over how sweet, efficient and wonderful these ladies were. Not one person was upset with either make up or hair. One and done! They truly listen to what you want and deliver. I always get nervous about looking like a drag queen with make up- but Christina made me look so natural. You can truly tell that she loves what she does! Huge thank you!

Sent on 09/23/2020
  • Irum

Irum Ahmad · Married on 11/15/2019

Best Hair and Make up team ever!!!!!

I hired Holly for hair and Autumn for make-up through Behind the Veil for my 2 day wedding and this was one of the best decisions I made regarding my wedding. Laurie, from Behind the Veil, was extremely kind and professional during all of our correspondences as we set up pricing and trials. Holly is extremely talented with hair. Combined with her speed and efficiency she is talented in a variety of hairstyles that she was shown day of by all the ladies in the wedding and every single one of them left her chair loving how they looked. Autumn is extremely talented when it comes to make up and was able to meet the needs of everyone who asked for makeup! This team made everyone look gorgeous and they did so two days in a row!!! If you want to look the most beautiful you ever have on your special day go with Holly and Autumn from Behind the Veil!!!

Sent on 11/25/2019
  • Shelby

Shelby · Married on 11/02/2019

Great experience and everyone looked so beautiful!

I hired them for hair and makeup services for myself (Bride) plus 4 bridesmaids. From start to finish I had a great experience. They are so organized and really make you feel like you're their only bride. I only realized I was not when I went for my trial and they had completely taken over a salon! I met with my hair stylist and makeup artist at my trial and left feeling excited and beautiful. The day of went super smoothly, they both arrived on time and everyone turned our beautifully and the makeup and hair lasted the entire day!

Sent on 11/25/2019
  • Morgan

Morgan Thomas · Married on 10/12/2019

The most beautiful you will ever feel!!

I cannot speak more highly of Angela (makeup) and Maria (hair)! They truly were the reason everyone felt so confident and gorgeous on our wedding day. I did hair and makeup trials before the wedding day, which was so much fun and just solidified the fact that they are the best artists around. On the wedding day, they perfectly replicated what we had done in the trial, and OMG I cannot get over how amazing it all looked! My skin was actually glowing from the makeup, but was also natural enough that I didn't look like I dipped my face in a vat of paint. My hair was soft and romantic, and held up all the way through the after party. Every single one of the bridesmaids were thrilled with their final looks, and my mom and mother-in-law decided to get their makeup done because everyone else looked so amazing!! I promise you this is the best money you will spend on your wedding day!

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 09/21/2019

I would highly recommend Behind the Veil!

I would highly recommend Behind the Veil! I was a very last minute bride and Laurie was able to find me the perfect hairstylist, Rochelle. And again being last minute, Laurie and Rochelle were able to squeeze me in for my hair trial. I met Rochelle for the trial and showed her a picture for inspiration. I wanted a braid and the rest of my hair curly but I was nervous because my hair does not hold curls and with my wedding being in September I was super nervous about the humidity. Rochelle was able to do my hair exactly how I wanted it and the curls actually stayed! Then comes the wedding day, Rochelle was super prompt and professional! I even decided that day I wanted to add an additional braid and a hairpiece. Rochelle was so sweet and accommodating and made my wedding hair so much better than I ever could have envisioned! And as an added bonus my hair stayed curled all night, even through dancing! Rochelle also perfectly styled my bridesmaids hair! Which ranged from half up half down to all down with braids. All in all, Rochelle was truly amazing and I would highly recommend Behind the Veil!

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Kara

Kara · Married on 06/02/2019

LOVE THEM!!! Life savors!!!

Words can’t describe how thankful I am for Behind the Veil! They were extremely flexible, easy to work with, understanding, and so talented! The moment I saw their work at my friends wedding, I couldn’t wait to sign up! It was beautiful! I wasn’t the easiest bride because of my work shift schedule, uncertainty on what I wanted and also had a black eye on the wedding day. But this company did EVERYTHING they could to help me! The team was always on time, energized, and excited to work with us. Holly was accommodating and worked with my mom and I to get our hair just right. We loved her calm, cool and friendly personality! The make up artist, Angela, did SUCH a terrific job on my black eye and make up, no one even noticed my it the day of the wedding! The make up was striking but so natural! She was perfect! I absolutely loved it and saved my wedding day! I got many compliments on how well she did! I dont know what i would have done without her! Laurie was so patient, kind, understanding and such a delight to work with as well! I couldn’t have asked for a better team! Thank you Behind the Veil for saving the day & making my day better than I could have ever imagined!

Sent on 08/14/2019
  • Meg

Meg · Married on 01/05/2019

Absolutely amazing!

The BTV team is absolutely amazing. I am incredibly picky when it comes to hair and makeup and I could not have loved my wedding look more. They even provide you with a day-of getting ready timeline to make sure your wedding morning goes as smoothly as possible. Couldn't recommend highly enough.

Sent on 02/11/2019

Behind the Veil's reply:

Thanks for the review Meg, you were an absolute joy to work with! We wish you and your husband many years of happiness.
  • Shelagh

Shelagh · Married on 12/15/2018

Professional Women; Beautiful work!

I am so happy with my decision to use Behind the Veil. I went to a trial at a different popular DC/Baltimore area vendor and they really did not wow me. I gave BTV a shot at their salon location (which is beautiful!) and was blown away by their work. Despite how beautiful I felt after my trial, I felt even MORE SO on my wedding day. My bridesmaids, mother, and MIL were also very happy with their hair and makeup. The two ladies we worked with had such a calming presence, which certainly matters a lot when you are spending about 6 hours with them!! The team is professional and great communicators. I would unhesitatingly recommend Behind the Veil Beauty.

Sent on 01/25/2019
  • Ariel

Ariel Winkley · Married on 11/03/2018

Every single person was happy with their hair and makeup!

I was married on Nov 3rd in Baltimore City and selected Behind the Veil for my hair and makeup team. I could not have been happier with Thea and Shanel for hair and Kelsey and Nicole for makeup. Each stylist arrived on time at the designated location and really listened to what each bridesmaid and family member wanted and the level of makeup they were comfortable with. Everyone was thrilled with how their hair and makeup came out, and I could not have been happier with the level of professionalism not only from the stylists but also from the administrative team. Most importantly, the hair and makeup team was very flexible. I had done my hair and makeup trial back in April (which in retrospect was too far in advance) and ended up changing my mind for both hair and makeup on the day of the wedding. Kelsey and Thea were extremely accommodating and with a combination of pictures and descriptions of what I wanted, were able to create the exact look I was going for. It was such an amazing day which was made even better by the fact that I felt beautiful and because working with Behind the Veil was so stress-free.

Sent on 12/16/2018
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 09/29/2018

Made me and my girls feel truly beautiful!

This is a lovely beauty company that contracts with some of the best artists in the biz in the Baltimore area. My hair and makeup artists arrived on time for my 9/29 wedding at Havre de Grace with no hassle and were ready to go immediately. We wasted no time and everyone was ready and beautiful with time to spare. I hade Melissa as my hair stylist and Angela as my makeup artist. The products Angela used were wonderful and like... industrial-grade waterproof. Perfect for a bride who is a total cryer like me! 10/10 would recommend!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Becky · Married on 08/11/2018

Kelsey and Maria came to my MOH's Air B&B before my wedding and were fantastic! Maria was efficient and speedy with hair, and Kelsey did a great job with the makeup! They were both so pleasant to talk with and got us excited for the wedding. I want to give an extra shout out to Kelsey because she was doing amazing work on each of my bridesmaids, talking to them about all her make up and letting them try different kinds while being 20 weeks pregnant and making it look easy! Arranging everything was easy with Laurie, she was very responsive with email. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 08/19/2018

Emily · Married on 08/04/2018

I can't say enough amazing things about the team at Behind the Veil!! I got married at Chesapeake Bay Beach Club, and since we were staying at The Inn there I knew I wanted on-site hair and makeup services for myself and my bridesmaids. Renee did our hair, and Angela did our makeup, and we all looked so stunning!! Not only did I feel incredibly beautiful on my wedding day, but they made the whole getting ready process so easy and stress-free. We had a blast!

I also have to mention the entire booking and planning process was so smooth. From the first inquiry, to the trial, to the wedding day, their entire team was professional, efficient and a pleasure to work with. I can't recommend them enough!!

Sent on 08/28/2018

Kate · Married on 06/30/2018

We had an excellent experience working with Behind the Veil! Our main hairstylist was Renee, and main makeup artist was Kelsey (we did have a second hairstylist and makeup artist so that we wouldn't have to start getting ready too early in the morning, but in the whirlwind of my wedding day, I forgot their names - they were great though!). I did a trial with Renee and Kelsey, and what I liked best about both of them is how they wanted me to feel completely like myself on my wedding day. I gave Renee a general style I wanted, and she created the most beautiful style. I told Kelsey I wanted very natural makeup, and she came up with a style that made me look like the best version of myself :) On the day of the wedding, things went so smoothly. They arrived on time, and got started right away. They kept everything on track, and we were all finished early! They did touch ups, so no one felt like their hair or makeup wasn't fresh because they went first. They kept the day so relaxed for us - we never felt rushed or stressed. Everyone's hair and makeup came out beautifully, and looked amazing in pictures. My wedding party says that it was worth every penny, and I agree!

Sent on 08/05/2018

Kristen · Married on 06/23/2018

I couldn’t have asked for better hair and makeup artists. They were so sweet, and did an AMAZING job on my entire wedding party!!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Stefanie · Married on 06/16/2018

Absolutely loved the job they did. Hair and make-up was perfect!!

Sent on 06/30/2018

Carlee · Married on 05/26/2018

This company is amazing to work with! My trial went so smoothly, and I was so excited to work with them again. When it came to wedding day both hair and makeup artists came very early which was great! They set up all their things and began to work right on schedule. That helped me remain calm and relaxed while everyone was getting ready. Our hair lady worked VERY quickly! She was very impressive doing updos within 20-30 minutes! Leslie was my makeup artist and she did beautiful makeup on everyone! Both girls were very professional and fun to work with! My hair and makeup lasted all night, even in the muggy/sticky Maryland weather!

Sent on 05/28/2018
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 05/26/2018

Beautiful and a joy to work with!

Behind the veil was great for our on-site makeup and hair! I have NEVER been in a wedding where we had to move girls around because they were done early instead of being behind schedule. We had more time than we needed for touch up because they worked so fast and well together. It is great that they have a physical location for trials and that you get to work with the girls you trial with (even if you’re like me and book it a year before your wedding). My head artists Heather and Joseline were open to criticism and really worked to make sure I had the look I wanted for the day! They were both so fun to work with and talk to, which really helps when the nerves start setting in. Everything turned out so well and I was so happy with the service.
    Professional Photography by Lauren Nievod Photography

Sent on 01/21/2019

Lauren · Married on 05/10/2018

Maria & Angela were my dream glam squad! They were so sweet & personable & made me feel like a queen. I was somewhat indecisive on both my hair and makeup, so I was really hoping the girls would be able to help me out. Maria took charge with my hair & created the most classic, romantic style - it was beautiful & elegant & went with my dress perfectly. She's amazing. Angela is an artist if I've ever seen one. She made me look beautiful in a way that I had never imagined possible. Her makeup skills are out of this world & I am so lucky to have had her. If I EVER need hair & makeup done again you can bet that I will track down these two ladies. Thank you BOTH for making me feel like a real life Cinderella.

Sent on 05/23/2018

Alexa · Married on 04/21/2018

Behind the veil did such a beautiful job!!! Maria and Holly were my stylists for the big day and they did such a beautiful job on everyone. My hair wasn’t beyond anything I thought it would look like, everyone commented on how beautiful it looked. All the bridesmaids looked stunning as well, they were all so happy with their services! Behind the Veil was super easy to work with, they were quick to respond and we’re super accommodating! I loved working with BTV, I would recommend them to anyone looking for wedding services!!!

Sent on 05/10/2018
  • I

Ilene · Married on 11/05/2017

I actually can't say enough good things about Behind the Veil! They were so responsive and so helpful throughout this whole process! I heard about them from a friend who was a bridesmaid in another friend's wedding. She said they did a wonderful job on everyone and Moms, brides, and bridesmaids were super happy.
    I decided to trust my friend and went in for my trial. I had a great experience so I was super excited for my actual wedding day. I had Leslie for my makeup and Heather do my hair and I loved both of them as they were so friendly and personable.
    On the day of the wedding, my hair and makeup came out great, but they also did an amazing job with all of my bridesmaids who have very different hair textures and makeup styles. I had several bridesmaids who wear very little makeup and they were happy and comfortable as well as others who are used to being more glammed up! They are really professional at listening to the client and delivering what the client wants!
    Aside from being really kind, fun, and responsive, they are also very reasonably priced, especially for the DC area. I did the research and spoke to a number of other salons--everyone else charged more AND I did not feel I was compromising quality in any way! Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Erica · Married on 10/28/2017

Everything about this team is amazing! I couldn't have been happier with Angela and Renee. My hair and makeip was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Alana · Married on 09/16/2017

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Laurie and Behind the Veil! Laurie was extremely helpful in making sure that all of the logistics were set, and that I felt comfortable with my bridal session. I planned my wedding from across the country, and she really ensured that everything went as smoothly as possible so that I didn't have to worry about a thing. My stylists were Renee & Kelsey, and they were beyond amazing. Although on the expensive side of things, it was worth every penny. Not only did my bridesmaids looks gorgeous, but I felt the prettiest I have ever felt in my life, which is how every bride should feel on their wedding day. They listened to what I wanted, and provided their suggestions without being pushy. I felt totally in control over my over all look, and they orchestrated what I wanted in the most perfect way. They were also so sweet and fun, and contributed to the light-hearted, happy feel of the morning of my wedding. Hair & makeup is something that brides shouldn't skimp on, and I am so pleased that I will have photographs of Kelsey and Renee's work to cherish forever. I highly recommend Behind the Veil to every bride in the Annapolis area.

Sent on 09/20/2017

Amy · Married on 09/16/2017

We were so pleased with Behind the Veil! The entire party looked fabulous and everyone of them was extremely satisfied with their hair and makeup. It was so relaxing to have the services provided in our home as we snacked and lounged around.

Sent on 09/23/2017

Heather · Married on 09/09/2017

I worked with Behind the Veil for my wedding day makeup and I could not be happier. All of my wedding party looked amazing. A HUGE shout out to Leslie for her amazing work. Leslie was fantastic to work with the day of the wedding. She showed up early and spent the whole day working on 8 total people. I am so happy I chose to work with BTV! If you are looking for a makeup company that is on top of it all, Behind the Veil is for you!

Sent on 09/18/2017
  • FutureMrsRoberts

Samantha · Married on 09/02/2017

Behind the Veil is an amazing company to work with! Heather was AWESOME at our hair, meeting everyone's vision that was perfect for them! Leslie helped me rock out a KILLER non-natural bridal look and made all of my BP and my mom look FLAWLESS! You will never have a regret working with them!

Sent on 11/06/2017