Behind the Bash Catering & Events Reviews

119 | Richmond, TX

119 Reviews for Behind the Bash Catering & Events

Christine · Married on 04/09/2010

BTB was incredible. The food was phenomenal. Many of our guests commented that it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. Mysti was extremely helpful and accommodating to all of our requests. All of the rentals were included in the price, so we didn't have to worry about getting tables or linens and we had the meal served family style which worked out wonderfully. I would suggest them to anyone for catering a special event.

I also used them for event coordinating services and I probably wouldn't suggest them for that. There were several things that didn't go as planned and I was a little disappointed. I think that some of them were due to my lack of communication, but I think I would have been happier if I had hired someone who didn't already have a lot on their plate for the day.

Sent on 04/25/2010

Amy · Married on 03/27/2010

Behind the Bash did an excellent job catering our wedding. The food was raved about and there was plenty of it. Mysti was a Day of Coordinator for us, and she kept everything running smoothly, made sure we always had a glass in hand, and that we got down time to ourselves and time to eat. Planning the catering was fairly easy. We attended an open house where we got to try a lot of food and then had a private tasting. I would definitely recommend Behind the Bash.

Sent on 03/20/2011

Michelle · Married on 07/12/2008

Behind the Bash was an excellent choice for our catering. Rachel and her staff were very professional and easy to work with. They have a huge menu to choose from. Friends and family came up to me all night telling me how great the food was. The presentation was beautiful. The service was phenomenal - they even came up with extra centerpieces when we decided to add three tables at the last minute. Behind the Bash is worth every penny.

Sent on 07/28/2008

Erica · Married on 06/21/2008

I could not have been happier with our choice to use Behind the Bash. We had Mysti McKinney as our wedding planner and she did a fabulous job. The food was exceptional...people are still talking about it! I highly recommend Behind the Bash!

Sent on 01/25/2009

Bob · Married on 05/18/2008

Mysti at Behind the Bash did an outstanding job. They are so busy with so many catering jobs because they do a great job. Dont be concerned that they are so busy, you will still get plenty of personalized service to help you through the day. Mysti handled the entire coordination for the day, which allowed Melanie and I to relax and actually enjoy the wedding. Everythign went over without a single hitch. The food was outstanding and the bar prices were the most reasonable I have ever seen.

Sent on 06/03/2008
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 05/03/2008

Oh My GOODNESS these people are fabulous, excellent and remakable all at the same time. I dont know what I would have done without Mysti McKinney. She recommended my cake, and flowers and they were absolutly gourgeous as well. I didnt go with her suggestion on the limo, and I regretted it! Mysti helped me with all the details of my day, and although she had like tons of other weddings and events, I felt like mine was her only concern and that she was my personal wedding planner (and she wasn't). She made sure everything was there on time and where it was supposed to go, outlined a timeline for the reception, picked up my wedding favors from the bakery... it was more than I could have asked for in a caterer. The caterer provides tables and chairs, which is great! One less thing for me to do, and they also helped secure linen rentals. Mysti came with me to appointments and met with me for anything I needed. She was resposive and not to mention helpful. And OH, the FOOD!!!! Everyone at the wedding has commented that it was the best wedding food they have ever had. They actually SEASON their food! It was so delicious! Crab cakes were the biggest crowd pleaser! But all the food was perfect. The menu flowed and the servers, and bartenders were polite and accommodating! I can't say enough good things about Behind the Bash!!! If you can choose your caterer, don't go with anyone other than BEHIND THE BASH!!!

Sent on 05/20/2008

Patricia · Married on 01/05/2008

Mysti was excellent. We did not have to worry about anything on our wedding day except having fun. She made everthing flow from beginning to end. This is extremely important because there was so much going on that day. She was a pleasure to work with and understood our vision for the wedding. All of our guests faved that she was brilliant.

Sent on 02/04/2008

Kristen · Married on 02/25/2017

One word: WOW. Everyone loved the food at our wedding on 02.25.17 at The Farmhouse. It was the first event Behind the Bash had done at The Farmhouse (new venue), but you would never have known. The service and food were fabulous--we had the pecan-crusted chicken and the beef tenderloin carving station. Appetizers were outstanding (crab cakes, short rib w/ gruyere polenta) and the sides of truffle mac and cheese and the mixed vegetables were perfect. The service was amazing--they served myself and my groom tableside and even brought the kids their chicken tenders tableside too. They cut our wedding cake and served it tableside too--even worked with the venue's bar service to pass champagne for the toasts. It was all outstanding and Rachel was wonderful to work with. BTB were probably our highest-priced catering option, but they were worth every penny. 5 stars!!

Sent on 03/15/2017

Jackie · Married on 06/12/2015

I received so many compliments on the food and bar served at our wedding! Catering was great about serving my wedding cake and my tres leches!! We also served coke floats! Everyone loved the delicious food, treats, and drinks!

Sent on 07/09/2015

BTB was amazing! BTB offers a huge range of food and drink options that can fit any preference and budget. They were very flexible, professional, and so easy to work with. The food is outstanding - our guests loved all of our appetizers, entree, sides, and drinks. Definitely the best wedding food I have had so far!

BTB can be a little expensive, but they also provide linens and decorations and take care of everything for you!

Sent on 12/01/2014

Chris · Married on 10/12/2013

An amazing job by Rachel and her crew members. We had a personal waiter that served us food and drinks throughout the night. We were able to talk to her to customize the menu to the way we wanted it even if they were not on the menu list they gave us. Nobody complained about the food and by far the best part was the smores station at the venue that everyone raved about. Thanks to Rachel and her team for all their help. Food tasted good even reheated in a microwave.

Sent on 11/01/2013

Makenzie · Married on 02/02/2013

HOLY CRAP that food was delicious. We were able to taste it at the tasting and it was just as good at the wedding. We got prime rib, chicken stuffed with all kinds of good things, truffle mashed potatoes, seasonal veggies, and the fall salad. We also did a dessert bar instead of a grooms cake with chocolate mousse, pecan pie, white chocolate bread pudding, and creme brulee. So amazing. Everyone kept talking about the food. They were also easy to work with which was very nice. Not cheap but not outrageous.

Sent on 03/06/2013

I would recommend the Parador to anyone looking for a venue. Mysti, with Behind the Bash ,was amazing!! She took care of everything for me, she reached out to my vendors and scheduled appointments, she made sure everything was perfect and on time. The wedding day, I did not have to worry about a thing, I knew Mysti had it taken care of. The staff also did a great job of serving and making sure everyone had a drink! The food was also really good.

• Stefanie

Stefanie · Married on 05/29/2011

Behind the Bash is a professional group of caterers with the yummiest of food. Everyone RAVED about the bacon wrapped shrimp, the BBQ and the service. They were so kind to let us take our napkins home to tie ribbon around them so we could save on cost. You want to use these guys! They have lots of menu options available to you, yet they make it easy for you to make a decision that suits your style.

Sent on 06/17/2011

Karin · Married on 09/26/2010

Food was amazing and service was great !!!! Would Recommend this catering to anyone

Sent on 10/11/2010

Kellie · Married on 08/20/2010

Not your ordinary buffet menu! Food was very upscale and definetly better than any wedding food I have ever had! Rachel is very easy to work with also.

Sent on 10/06/2010

Sarah · Married on 04/17/2010

The food was amazing! It has been two and a half weeks since the wedding and guests are still commenting on the food!

Sent on 05/04/2010
  • angelfire_430

Lindsay · Married on 05/24/2009

Absolutely delicious! Everyone was raving about the food at the wedding. I want to go back just so I can eat there again. SOOOOO amazing! They are incredibly flexible in adapting a menu to suit you and creating special plates for guests who may be on specific diets. Rachel and her team are fantastic!

Sent on 06/09/2009

Diana · Married on 02/27/2016

I cannot say enough about the amazingness and awesomeness of the food provided by BTB for my wedding. My guests were floored by how great the food was and so was I! Everything tasted to perfection. With buffet food you always worry that the food will get cold and I'm not sure how they did it but it stayed nice and hot. The sauces and spices were perfection. BTB was the exclusive caterer for my venue, The Parador, but honestly even if they are not your exclusive caterer you should find them and use them! I could've used a little bit more flexibility on the alcohol packages offered but it was a small price to pay for the quality of food that we got.

Sent on 02/29/2016

Rebecca and Guale · Married on 10/19/2013

Mysti and her staff were exceptional! We first met Mysti when we booked one of our daughter's weddings in July 2010 with Behind the Bash. Our experience was wonderful with both Mysti and the B the B staff.
    Fast forward to 2014, as we were anticipating the marriage of another daughter at our residence, we were delighted to learn that Mysti was now coordinating "off site" functions. She went out of her way to insure that our guests were well taken care of, thank you, Mysti!!
    We will most likely call upon Mysti and Behind the Bash for our future special celebrations!

Sent on 03/15/2014

Behind the Bash was great to work with! Mysti is very helpful with every detail and organizing the day of. They do a beautiful job and would use them again in the future.

Haley · Married on 05/26/2012

Behind the Bash is a first class operation. I have already and will continue to recommend them to every bride-to-be! They handle everything food-related, decor-related, timeline-related, layout-related, and day-of related. I had nothing to worry about on our wedding day, and Mysti handled every minor glitch with other vendors flawlessly. Emails were answered promptly every single time, and their level of organization is fantastic. Mysti is sharp and a no nonsense event coordinator who gets it done! They keep you on track and make sure that one's wedding day is nothing but a success. You will never be let down by Behind the Bash.

April · Married on 05/25/2012

Mysti and Behind the Bash were wonderful! Day-of coordination is included in your fee but what Mysti provided was so much more than that. I was planning our wedding on my own, as most of our family lives out of town, and was completely overwhelmed at times. Anytime I had a question though, Mysti would respond quickly and with very helpful answers. She did an amazing job on the day of our wedding and made sure that we did not worry about anything. The food and drinks were also great and we loved being able to taste different options before we made our choices. I think everyone's favorite dish was the beef skewers.

Thank you Mysti for making our day wonderful!

Sent on 08/09/2012

Emily · Married on 03/18/2011

Rachel is so easy to work with and her food is amazing! She and her staff are very professional and make your wedding so relaxing. My husband and I had a sweetheart table and our food was on the table with the drinks we had requested by the time we finished our first dance and went to eat. Her food is a little pricey, but totally worth it! She was very flexible to work within our budget and offer options that were affordable.

Sent on 03/28/2011
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 11/30/2008

We knew that we were going to spend a lot of money on food - we wanted the best food possible. Behind the Bash was excellent throughout the whole planning process. The staff was wonderful and the food was FANTASTIC. There wasn't a single person who didn't comment on how great the meal was. I'd get married again just to work with Behind the Bash.

Sent on 01/03/2009